4.5/5 (128 ratings)

About United Medicare Advisors

United Medicare Advisors is an online Medicare insurance marketplace that provides seniors with easily comparable plans and unbiased resources for selecting supplemental Medicare insurance. The team is staffed with licensed agents who help seniors purchase plans once they find the right fit. United Medicare Advisors’ service is completely free to users.

Pros

• Get help from unbiased licensed agents
  • Free service
  • Compare top providers

Cons

• Not available in every state

Bottom Line

United Medicare Advisors is an independent insurance marketplace that offers unbiased help enrolling in a variety of supplemental Medicare policies.

United Medicare Advisors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Medicare Advisors?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Medicare Advisors?

Original review: March 18, 2021

I had a great interaction with Kevin. I could understand him. He found me the cheapest option and that was what I would have wanted. I really like that you don't have to dial a zillion numbers and wait for an hour to talk to somebody. He’d give you his number and if he's on the line, he calls you right back. I wish everybody would do that. I liked it a lot.

Original review: March 17, 2021

I really liked working with Madeline and I'll continue to work with her. She didn't try to rush me. She spoke slowly enough that I can make notes. It was more of a conversation like you were sharing information with a friend, than it was, "Hey, I need to make this sale and get on to my next call." I picked my supplement through her and so when it got time to do Chris, I just called her and said what I needed. We were kind of specific in what we were looking for and based on cost and what I was trying to achieve, she provided enough options.

Original review: March 16, 2021

I talked to Ross and he was thorough, patient, and informative. We talked about Medicare Gap Insurance and then he forwarded me on to someone else for talking about the drug insurance, because he said they have another team that handles that. But that guy wasn't quite as good and thorough. We ended up changing our minds after talking with him and getting additional information from USAA.

United Medicare Advisors response

Thank you for the review, Jeff. We're sorry to hear about your experience and we appreciate you providing this valuable feedback.

Original review: March 15, 2021

They were all fine and very helpful.

Original review: March 14, 2021

The rep that I dealt with did everything good. He was awesome. The only thing I would have added is a few more options to show me some actual plans or more details on exactly what they covered. Overall, I'd recommend it to others, especially to those who are just starting out the Medicare. You need somebody who knows a little bit more about it and United Medicare seemed to know plenty.

Original review: March 13, 2021

My wife had UnitedHealthcare before and she liked it, so we stayed with it. She found the United Medicare rep, and she's absolutely great. We discussed what we needed and what we were looking for. She gave us some options and we took some then we asked for some additional ones. She was able to do that. She was also able to answer all of our questions. She laid everything out. Now that we've had it and gone over it, there are more questions, but she said she's available to answer those at any time.

Original review: March 12, 2021

Dixon was fine on the phone and I got a plan from him, which doesn’t start till April. He said he would send the pamphlet with a kit down. I got it a couple days ago, but there were a couple questions I had about it. I called him, but I haven't gotten a return call yet. He told me that someone would call me about my prescription coverage, and no one has called me about that yet. There's also supposed to be a sticker in there for some hospital list. I don't see any sticker in there to put on the back of the card that he sent me.

Original review: March 11, 2021

The United Medicare woman I spoke with was very nice, gave me a lot of information, and went through stuff. She was quite good. Problem is that, we don't know what we're looking at when we're getting bombarded with all this stuff. I was so unsure with all these different things that were sent to me and I felt overwhelmed. I called one of my best friends and her husband said, “Call this other guy.” He set me up with Humana, and I felt comfortable because they went through them. I decided to go with Humana.

Original review: March 10, 2021

United Medicare did everything good. We got ahold of a guy that seemed to know what he was talking about and I took what was recommended. Still, I would advise friends to listen close and see if that's what they want.

Original review: March 9, 2021

I went through an agent that does Medicare and she hooked me up with United Medicare Advisors. I like her. She’s nice. However, it's been two weeks and I’m still waiting on the paperwork so I can get it all started.

Original review: March 8, 2021

We knew what we wanted when we signed up with United Medicare and the terms in the paperwork that we received seem right..

Original review: March 7, 2021

My advisor was very informative and he gave me the best option that was affordable. Then, I received the cost and my insurance card. But I haven't received the hardcopy paperwork. Other than that, things went pretty well with United Medicare.

Original review: March 6, 2021

United Medicare Advisors provided wonderful information. They answered all my questions no matter how stupid they were. We just got set up for Medicare and we got our paperwork this week. I said to them time after time after time that our county in Arizona had been very sketchy with coverage with some companies. Then I was assured that this company was qualified for our county. Now, after reading the paperwork, I am gonna have to confirm that they are qualified in our county. I'd tell my friends that United Medicare Advisors is a great place to start. They could get a lot of information and then decide from there.

Original review: March 5, 2021

Last year, I sought the number and called United Medicare Advisors to get my husband's Medicare set up and their rep, Robert, was so good that I just used him again. I appreciate him explaining things and giving me the quotes. I'd tell a friend to use United Medicare Advisors.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

My agent found United Medicare Advisors for me. It has allowed me to do a deductible but it's worth it because the premiums are low. Paul has been my representative for years and I like him. He sends me emails all the time. I've brought in other family members for him.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I worked with Stevens & Associates out in Santa Barbara and they helped me find the plan. It was the F plan and it was the best one to go with my Medicare. I’m very happy with it. I like Stevens because they not only work on the plans but they go to work on bills too.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

Our advisor didn’t tell us she couldn’t set up our meds even though she had asked us both (wife and I) which meds we were on. So we didn’t find out until we ran out of our previous insurance that we weren’t covered, we did get coverage yesterday that won’t take effect for a month. Hope no more surprises.

United Medicare Advisors response

We appreciate this valuable feedback. We have communicated this information to the appropriate parties for review. Please do no hesitate to contact our customer care department at 855-538-2998 with any further questions or concerns. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I switched over to Medicare when I was 65. I hired a woman who looks into companies and knows my medical history, and she found United Medicare Advisors. It’s very useful for me and the reps have been very good.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I'm happy with United Medicare Advisors. I wanted to cover all my expenses. I've been with United Medicare Advisors for more than 25 years. I was looking to make sure that I had everything, except maybe my deductible, met and it would cover me. I don’t wanna have to worry. As a matter of fact, when my brother needed supplemental, I recommended him to United Medicare Advisors, and he was very happy with them.

The people from United Medicare Advisors were very nice. They explained that there were different kinds of programs, and then I told them that I wanted something that would cover me as completely as I could be covered. I live down here and my children are up north. I wanted to make sure that I didn't have to bother with them, and I would have good coverage and they would know that I was taken care of. I have regular Medicare, the United supplemental and now, I picked up the Part D for the drugs. United Medicare is very competent, and they assured me that if I had any questions, I don't have to hesitate to call them. They left me a number that I could call.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

I needed supplemental insurance. I had a broker who specializes in Medicare Insurance and she was excellent. I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

I haven't signed up for Medicare yet, so I might be contacting United Medicare Advisors again. It's nice to have something in place for when I do sign up and I should be signing up in a few months. I'd like to know more about the advantage programs, but the option that I was given sounded good. I'm satisfied. So far, it's been great. Definitely talk to them.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

Jordan provided both my wife and I will answers to all of our questions about medicare. He set both of us with companies that provided for our health insurance coverages, and continues to remain in contact to insure our satisfaction.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

I liked United Medicare price-wise and their coverage was better than other companies. My experience with their team was very good but so far, my policy hasn't gone into effect until February 1st, so I don't know how it's going to work yet.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I was trying to get on the Medicare website, and then it said, “Click if you need the supplement insurance.” So I clicked on it and I had a call within 15 seconds. I talked to the guy about it and he signed me up for my insurance that I need. He gave me three different options I could go with. By the time it was all said and done, it was more than I wanted to spend. But that’s the way it goes sometimes. I got my card in the mail two days ago. Everything’s on time.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

Everything went really well. Melissa was nice. She helped me with my mom's and then she called back when I wanted to do my husband's. He was on an Advantage plan and we switched him over to a supplement. She was very good and informative. For people that really didn't understand how all this stuff works, she explained everything very well. I felt very confident we were making the right decision. My husband needs to get a prescription plan and Melissa gave a company called Spring Venture Group. They're good people and they called me, and I asked for them to call me back. But they never did. So I called. I've been calling for the last couple of days and I'm not getting any callbacks. So I was thinking about calling Melissa to see what she could tell me.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

The United Medicare rep I spoke with was a good person. He explained everything. I had previously talked to somebody else but then I talked to a certain person with United and I got a better deal.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

United Medicare reached out to us and we did a couple of options with them. Everything was fine.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I’m very satisfied with this service and I was quite happy with all my interaction. They were very thorough.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I really enjoy United Medicare. The representatives are great and very helpful. They offer great dental benefits and offer extra benefits that the states don't offer or social security doesn't offer.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

As my mother's familial care provider, I handle all of her business and recertification, as needed. With utilizing her supplemental insurance, we've been able to obtain all of her other functional needs via her plan (wipes, OTC, personal hygiene, medical supplements & vitamins).

United Medicare Advisors Company Information