3.24/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

42 United Healthcare Dental Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Not having to pay out of pocket is always nice. It also allows peace of mind in case something comes up and it's an emergency situation, I know it's all taken care of. Their process was pretty straightforward. I did a good bit of it online and had to call the number to talk to a person to complete the registration and give extra info to. Like with most insurance policies of all types, the premiums of United Healthcare Dental Insurance are a bit steep. Peace of mind comes at a price though, but it's still rather expensive. I would like to see some discounts for having good checkups, or something of that nature.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I have always worried about not having good insurance and I looked for the best policy for my family. I needed something that would be right for us and protect us so that we would always be taken care of in case something goes wrong. I like the way that United Healthcare has always made it so simple and easy on me. I have always felt like I have gotten the best care that was available to me and my family.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I selected the insurance via paperwork that was delivered to me. I also spent ages on the phone trying to figure out what would be covered (hint:very little). It's not so much insurance as it is a discount. The work that I need is still too expensive. I guess the insurance makes it slightly less so - I suppose I like that aspect. But they don't actually pay for anything. I need extensive dental work done and there's just no way I can afford it even with insurance. Unfortunately, since I have the dental issues that I do, it makes it difficult for me to get a better job that would hopefully come with better dental insurance - vicious cycle.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

United Healthcare Dental Insurance is a great company with good policies. They always set me up for my premiums and that me and my family's best interests are at heart with their insurance. They do everything well - the rates are great and their support people are very attentive to our dental needs. Top notch service from this company as they treat us great.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

United Healthcare Dental Insurance offers low monthly payments and good coverage across many different offices. I feel that this is the premium insurance for families of all incomes. They have completely satisfied with every single aspect of my dental care needs. I was recommended to this company by a friend. They were with this company for a number of years. I also highly recommend this company to anyone looking to get the most for their money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Healthcare Dental Insurance?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I browsed reviews on the dental insurance before buying. It is a big choice because dental procedures are SERIOUS. Especially if you need more than the basic work done. With United Healthcare Dental Insurance, I love that I can be assured my dental procedures will be taken care of. I will get the best care, and in case a problem arises, I trust my insurance company to take care of the problem quickly. But there was a slight problem when I first signed up for them. I got a bill for a lot and they wrongly charged me. But I got it corrected and it was fine after that. Never had issues since!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

United Healthcare Dental Insurance was great. The dentist gave me a trusting vibe and it was totally pain free with no hassle. My appointment was timely and the assistant was friendly. I complete their process online. I love the accessibility of online booking and selections that I can make. I don't have time to be on the phone and I can make an appointment easy while at work. But I want there to be as many payment plans as possible and I want to feel like I am making the right decision because I have a lot going on in my life that I need to take care of.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

They have just put into place that any work that needs to be done needs to now be approved by one of their in house dentists - without seeing me & they will determine if the work is needed REALLY!!! My dentist is not going to do work unless it is necessary - this is the most asinine thing I have ever heard of. Bad enough they only cover $1500 which is nothing & most of the time they will only allow any major procedure once every 99 years. What the hell am I paying for - going to drop them soon & see if there is a better option. This is offered thru my employer, but most likely will purchase a new policy if I can find one on my own - not a happy camper!

Original review: May 5, 2017

My experience has been fine at my dentist. I wear dentures and my doctor did a great job of replacing them without any problems. I also had no hassles with payments.

Original review: April 27, 2017

We are happy we have insurance. Otherwise, going to the dentist is just paying for pain. Wish the dentist and dental assistants would not talk to you when they have their hands in your mouth and you can't talk back to them.

Original review: April 25, 2017

It's about the money, delay, denial. Keep the money despite purported $2500/yr benefits. Worst dentists in network. Complaints unresolved; dental negligence, malpractice; actionable.

Original review: April 22, 2017

They listen to me and I get sent to the right drs. and they have paid all of my claims. I recommend them to all of friends and family. I enjoy being able to talk to someone and I call, they are very helpful.

United Healthcare Dental Insurance Company Information