Find a Dental Insurance partner

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Aetna Dental Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aetna Dental Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aetna Dental Insurance?

Original review: March 2, 2021

Dental Plans usually use Dental "mills" where it's difficult to find great dentists. Given the low yearly maximums and after premiums and co-pays, I found the Aetna plan that charges the agreed insurance rate to be far less expensive.

Original review: March 1, 2021

The coverage is adequate for my needs. They cove about 50% of the cost of crowns and about 80% of the cost of fillings. They also cover the most of the cost of braces and provide twice a year cleaning. There's a break in cost if you use an "in network" dentist.

Get buying tips about Dental Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

I believe Aetna has been super for me. The coverage is good and not that expensive. They have been very helpful in all my questions. Having to pay upfront is not always easy, but the check came in the mail pretty quick.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

I was able to schedule an emergency visit within 2 days of my plan becoming active. I needed to have a tooth removed immediately. The copayments on my high deductible plan were reasonable and I was able to create a payment plan for what was not covered. Simply, I am grateful to have coverage.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

Aetna dental is very good and it takes care of all your dental needs. All dental needs are covered under this insurance and most doctors if not all dentists takes this insurance and it's very convenient and most people needs this convenience.

Original review: June 22, 2021

BEWARE. Aetna is the worst possible insurance company you could choose. If you value your health, take this as a sign to go literally anywhere else. Their customer service is joke. Nonexistent. Do not waste your time.

Original review: March 12, 2021

Aetna Dental, even with upgrade, is little better than having no insurance at all which is what I will soon be doing. No reputable dentist within an hours drive will accept basic AETNA dental. They will tell you to put your money in the bank for when you need service. They will cover next to nothing besides cleaning, minor fillings and extractions if you can find a dentist to accept it.

Original review: March 3, 2021

Have only been able to use once last year after getting two teeth removed. Was please. But this year so far this year had a consultation with my dentist, and wasn't too satisfied.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Unfortunately many high rated dentists do not accept AETNA.... My choice of dentist does not accept my insurance so I have to pay and then submit forms for reimbursement. The reimbursement is less than the cost if service. I pay about $90 a month. We are fortunate that our teeth are in great shape. We have the insurance just in case if an emergency. For us it has not been cost effective. Very costly for the type of coverage and allowed services.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Paid for Aetna DMO for over a year. Signed up for in network dentist and waited a month before getting a yearly teeth cleaning. The service claim was denied erroneously. Cannot reach anyone to dispute claim denial. Company only responds to these cases by US Mail but I have yet to receive an answer.

Aetna Dental Insurance author review by Cyril Tuohy

Aetna Dental Insurance, part of Aetna Health Inc.  stresses that dental care is a vital part of overall health, and thus aims to offer flexible coverage for any budget. The company itself dates back to the 1850s and is one of the largest insurance companies in the U.S. A merger with Humana is pending.

• A large network: Thanks to Aetna's extensive network, the company provides dental insurance to nearly 15 million people.

• Any scale: From individuals and families to small businesses, large organizations and retirees, Aetna has dental insurance products to suit them all.

• Plans for any stage: Aetna personalizes its plans for students, retirees, young professionals, children and other individuals.

• Great discounts: Being an Aetna policyholder can mean discounts between 15 and 50 percent for dental care services under the Vital Savings by Aetna program.

• Clear information: Aetna displays info on claims, dentists, bills and more neatly on its app and website.

• Standalone dental: Offered only in Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Illinois and Pennsylvania.

by Cyril Tuohy Insurance Contributing Editor

Cyril Tuohy, has covered the insurance industry for more than 15 years. He is an expert at writing about personal and commercial property-casualty insurance and covers life, annuities and retirement as a staff writer for a top insurance trade magazine aimed at insurance agents and financial advisors.

Aetna Dental Insurance Company Information