4.11/5
  • 1 star
Based on 65 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking for an independent insurance agent? At TrustedChoice.com you can find a large selection of independent insurance agents and carriers. Because a Trusted Choice® independent insurance agent has access to multiple insurance companies, they are able to offer you competitive pricing, a broad choice of products and valuable advocacy.

TrustedChoice.com Video
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 5, 2018

67 TrustedChoice.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I did a google search and I went to the floodinsurance.gov website and from there, I ended up with TrustedChoice.com. Navigating through the website was easy. The agent selection process was fine. The agent selected was accurate to the information that I provided. I would recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

We were looking for an insurance for a new home and found TrustedChoice.com. Their website was straightforward and somebody ended up calling me. They also did a couple of estimates for me, but it wasn’t a better deal. But TrustedChoice.com was easy to use and it was what I was looking for.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

TrustedChoice is my brokerage company and they set me up with GEICO as my current insurance. I had USAA previously and had been with them for 17 years but they cancelled on me when I missed the date to pay my insurance when my mother passed away. I had to put out $1100 up in advance in order to get my good standing back. USAA cancelled both my house and car insurance. I was trying to get my house insured but because I was cancelled, I couldn't get anybody to insure me including GEICO. However, I went ahead and got car insurance.

My girlfriend and her husband have GEICO and they recommended it to me. I signed up with them since they were reasonable and would rather have them than not having insurance at all. I pursued calling GEICO until they called me back, and then I went ahead and got insurance. The people I talked to on the phone were nice. I worked with a guy and a girl. The guy explained to me a couple of times and I told him that I'm still lost, and young people nowadays don't have patience and get frustrated. Same goes with the girl I worked with, they made me feel like a military cattle. I liked using USAA since I normally got older people and established people in the company. But overall, my experience with TrustedChoice was okay.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

The TrustedChoice ad I saw on TV said that you can get online, get different agents then do a comparison of what you are paying and what you're getting for an insurance. I did that and didn't have any trouble navigating on the TrustedChoice website, but I didn't have a really great experience with the agents. One lady responded very quickly but when she got back to me, she couldn’t help me out in any way. She looked at all my policies but couldn’t give me anything better than what I had with my current insurance, Farm Bureau. Everything was more expensive on my insurance with her. The other fella I spoke with who was over on M-44 over here in Rockford, we brought our papers over to him so he could use a comparison, but he never got back to us. I suspected that he couldn’t offer anything better than what I had, so he didn’t bother to call me.

I was a little disappointed as I had the idea that maybe the agents were more competitive than what I have. In the end, I'm staying with the company that I've been with. I don’t like to waste my time but I could see where the agents are at. If you call them, they're not going to be able to really get into details about what they can do for you or what they cannot do for you until they see the policies that you have.

TrustedChoice.com response

I'm sorry you were disappointed that our agents could not give you a better rate than what you have right now. Every person and every policy is different, sometimes it is best to stick with what you have currently. Thanks for giving us a shot we appreciate it!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I was looking for a home insurance and it was my first time to have one. I went to Trusted Choice's website and navigating through it was easy. However, it took a little more than I was expecting to get a callback and while waiting, I looked for other options. The next day, I got a callback from Trusted Choice. My shopping around ended up in me getting a better deal on insurance. I had a great service and I really appreciate that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TrustedChoice.com?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I was looking for insurance and the companies that came up said that they did mobile home. When I hit it, the search engine came up with TrustedChoice. After I got the names, I Googled each agency to see where they were and what they did, but they weren't open when I contacted them. So I left messages and then I got confirmation. They were very helpful and some of the people I spoke to were very nice. They tried to help me out but it didn't work out. They don't specialize if you are looking for specialty insurance. I was suggested to go to high-risk insurance because of mobile homes. So, I wound up getting insurance through an agency who specializes in mobile homes.

When I ask for a particular type of insurance, the search engine picks up "home" and disregard "mobile". But the advertisement said that they did cover it, but all the agencies they sent me to did not. But these agencies they recommended were all reputable and every person who worked there tried to help me out and gave me recommendations to go other places. Also, the operator from TrustedChoice that I spoke to bent over backward to try to find things for me and was looking all over. So, I would highly recommend the service, just not the search engine when it came to finding what I needed to find.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I had been a customer of Progressive for 10 years. However, I was getting really high quotes on house insurance so I thought of using TrustedChoice, whose info I got from a lady agent at MetLife. She was awesome, and I was shocked that she referred me to someone else. She asked me to try AllState, which was $6,800. I paid $10,000 for the year at Progressive. The Allstate lady has also been great. And although my policy is new, everything so far is good. I would recommend TrustedChoice to a friend.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I was looking for an insurance company that wouldn't try to charge me a whole lot of money, one that was going to be fair, and I went with the name Trusted. A lady from TrustedChoice called me back and gave me some information. She’s supposed to call me again but I never got a return call.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I recently purchased insurance with State Fund through TrustedChoice.com. The price was good and they were really nice. They called me back and it was easy to contact them too. They're the best and everything was great.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I used CareFirst before, that was at the third shop across the street from our building so it was convenient for me. Then, my boyfriend found the information about TrustedChoice online and he told me to call a number, which happened to be Mark's. Mark was the one that helped me with my home insurance and he was great. I had it a month ago. I needed the coverage within less than 24 hours when I forgot to renew my policy and he took care of it. The turnaround time was a big deal. It was amazing and I was really grateful for his work. He was very fast and he answered all my questions. TrustedChoice is really awesome. I don’t have any complaints.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I was searching online, clicking as quickly as possible and typing, trying to look for a solution for insurance, looking up names. I probably researched over 20 that day. TrustedChoice's platform was different. You could see a lot more information -- and straightforward information were given.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

My mom referred me to TrustedChoice when I moved from the old place I was renting. I got a homeowner's insurance from Valentine Insurance Agency through Progressive. The agent Raph was as nice as he could be and he transferred the homes. Right now, we've been busy unpacking and painting. We're also trying to see what we all need to fix. The insurance man said the backstairs need to be fixed and so we did it. It's just that, with all the rains, it's not yet done. We've got the boards around instead. Then we ran into a gas leak so I had the gas company come out. They said the stove is not good.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I went through TrustedChoice's website and I spoke to certain people. They were fine and very helpful, however, they should hire more people. Right now, if you need to speak to someone on the phone right away, you get an answering service. It's a pain in the neck.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I was moving to a new area and didn’t know where the insurance agents were, so I used TrustedChoice to find them. Navigating through their website was pretty easy and the process wasn't very long. I put in the ZIP code and the products I was shopping for like I wanted homeowners' insurance and up came a list of a couple of insurance agents and I gave them a call. The process worked fine for me.

I'm a customer and I'm also an agent of TrustedChoice. If you're looking for State Farm or Allstate, you should call them. But if you're looking for everyone else, then try TrustedChoice. State Farm and Allstate are captive insurance companies while TrustedChoice is a way to find independent agents as they have many companies to choose from. It's a form of competition.

But if you actually use TrustedChoice and pay them a monthly fee to list your agency, you should know that they never answer the phone which would be nice if they did. Once you're in it, you get some leads which is nice, but you can never contact them again. I had an insurance agency for 20 years and I used TrustedChoice and advertised with them. When I sold the agency, I could never get ahold of anybody to cancel my account. I ended up just taking them off my credit card and refusing the charges. They still never called me. On the whole though TrustedChoice is fine and it's a useful service.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

My experience with TrustedChoice wasn't the greatest. However, I think I found the guy. I really didn't have much in the way of anybody and only one guy replied to my inquiry. That to me is fine though. The website is was easy enough to use. I was looking for an independent insurance agent and I put all the information in there. However, I was surprised I didn't get more calls or inquiries. I may go on with TrustedChoice and try again and see what happens. I'm trying to get a few bids on my stuff and would like to get some more proposals or ideas. All in all, a below average experience.

TrustedChoice.com response

I'm so sorry you did not have the experience you were hoping for! I gave your contact information to our customer service department. They will reach out to you in hopes of helping you find the insurance that you are looking for.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Navigating through the TrustedChoice website was fine and I'm a computer illiterate. The agent selection process was fine as well. We went with the first number and started calling. We talked to the agent's secretary first and then made an appointment with him. He was in Evansville and my husband liked his voice. His attitude was fine and we liked him. We found the right agent in Evansville where we needed to, through TrustedChoice, and we were pleased with him.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

We had a life insurance policy and when we went to TrustedChoice.com, they gave us information on the product.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I shopped around for independent insurance companies and TrustedChoice was on the internet, which was the reason I went them. However, I ended up getting traditional ones call me like Farm Bureau. One of them even seemed like it was a robocall and it was the same person every time so I just hang up. I used to be in the insurance business and I know that there are a ton of insurance companies out there other than the main ones, so I was disappointed with that.

No response received
Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

My experience with TrustedChoice did not pan out and the people that they put me in touch with never got back to me. It was a waste of time.

TrustedChoice.com response

I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience! Our agent finder tool is constantly learning what agents are the best picks for consumers. Thank you for alerting us to that glitch in the Pueblo area. I sent this to our product team to review those results so it does not happen in the future. In the meantime, if you are still in need of an agent, message me at support@trustedchoice.com and I will get you over to someone right away.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

TrustedChoice was pretty much like any other insurance agent. The staff and agent were friendly. It was a pleasant experience and I would recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I had a different company before switching to TrustedChoice.com. We did a random search online and switched because we got better rates from them. Navigating through their website went well. So far, they’ve done well for us.

TrustedChoice.com response

Working with a Trusted Choice agent ensures you will get the best rates available. I'm happy to hear our agents were able to help! Thanks for your comments.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

TrustedChoice.com gave me multiple options other than the ones that I got locally. I used the information that I got and one of the insurance that they recommended is the one I'm signed up with right now. I find their website simple, user-friendly and very responsive to what I was asking for. The agent selection process was good and simple as well. I reached out to at least three of them and two people called back right away and the other one was late when I've already made my decision. I would tell others to try TrustedChoice.com. It helped me and I got a good referral.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

We’ve had TrustedChoice since May but I used a different company before and they were more expensive. We were shopping around for a better price and since we couldn’t find it, we've decided to stick with where we're at right now.

TrustedChoice.com response

Thanks for working with a Trusted Choice agent! We have a lot of other agents listed on TrustedChoice.com - they all work with many different insurance companies so maybe you could try another agent in Arizona to try and get the pricing that you want? E-mail me at support@trustedchoice.com if you have any issues or questions.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I got homeowners insurance with Occidental under TrustedChoice, and I’ve had it for a long time. I filed a claim over the phone before for storm damage. Customer service was knowledgeable, and they went over my options and answered my questions. I got most of my things replaced but they keep raising the premiums up.

TrustedChoice.com response

Sorry to hear about your premiums! However, I'm glad you at least you got all your stuff replaced. That's what insurance is here for. If you are unhappy with your rates I suggest you get back on TrustedChoice.com and find another agent in the LA area - maybe they can find a carrier with better pricing. If you need any help contact me at support@trustedchoice.com - we are here to serve!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I was looking for hurricane insurance in Hawaii and TrustedChoice was one of the first ones that came up on Google search. I went through some of the names of the people would call back on their website, but the agent I selected gave me insurance that was sky-high and I ended up dropping them.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I was looking for homeowner's insurance and TrustedChoice.com was the website that appeared. I got a few insurance companies that coordinated with me on what needed to be done. I don’t have complaints about the agent selection process and I would tell my friends to hop on it if they were looking for the same stuff that I was. I was satisfied and it didn't stick out to me to be anything special but I didn't see anything to be bad either so, it's alright.

TrustedChoice.com response

Thanks for the review! I'm glad you were able to connect with some insurance companies through our website.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I really like my policy with TrustedChoice. It's a pretty awesome insurance company. The agent touched base on the products in my homeowners' insurance. The people at TrustedChoice were professional and helpful. I even have a little house I'm fixing up as a rental and they wanted me to get a policy written on it. They just went above and beyond, just giving the options.

There's a couple of things I need to do and hopefully this week, they'll be fixed. I'm just going to send them pictures and that's all they need. They've already been out and been up on the roof and crawled around. They've been all over and they had also given suggestions like out back there are three steps and I need to put up a handrail for the insurance company. That way my house is safe.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Signing up online was really easy and TrustedChoice's people were very polite. The sales reps were very nice and answered all my questions. It has been a good experience.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

We have homeowners insurance through State Farm. I went to TrustedChoice.com and gave my address, then they gave me some insurance companies to contact that would be able to help me. There were two or three local brick and mortar companies that I was able to call. They all returned my call and I had a level of interaction with them. I ended up not using any of their services and decided to use State Farm again and renewed our policy with them. The agent selection process at Trusted Choice was fine and it worked. They just required me to make the phone calls and get in touch with the people to give me the necessary information rather than going to their website. But I was able to make progress in a situation that I needed to handle.

TrustedChoice.com response

I'm happy to hear that TrustedChoice.com was able to help you make progress on getting more insurance quotes. Thanks for your comments!

No response received
Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

After I input my information, I thought I was going to receive direct quotes specifically, but then it gave me a link. When I clicked on the link, I didn't see any recommendations. What it did was it took me to another site where I was inputting more information of the exact same thing I had already answered with TrustedChoice. But I really wasn't interested in doing that again. There's just too many steps and I'm not exactly sure. They collect that information, but then I'd still have to go back again and do the same thing. It just wasn't very clear. Initially, it seemed like a good idea, but once I received the email it was pretty frustrating. So I wouldn't recommend it. Instead, I would tell my friends to go to a specific insurance company.

TrustedChoice.com response

I’m so sorry you had such a horrible user experience! That does sound very frustrating. The user path you took does not sound typical as you should never be passed over to a separate website. I sent your feedback onto our user experience department to see if they can locate that user path you took so that does not happen to others in the future. In the meantime, if you message me at support@trustedchoice.com I will get you right over to an independent agent in Tampa, FL who can give you a quote if you wanted to give it another shot.

TrustedChoice.com Company Information

100 N 6th street Suite 302A
Minneapolis
MN
www.trustedchoice.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use