Find a Homeowners Insurance partner

TrustedChoice.com Homeowners Insurance

TrustedChoice.com Homeowners Insurance

4.2/5 (159 ratings)
Find a Homeowners Insurance partner

Need to insure your new home, or looking to lower your rate?

Get pricing in minutes with Lemonade

Get started

About TrustedChoice.com Homeowners Insurance

Are you looking for an independent insurance agent? At TrustedChoice.com you can find a large selection of independent insurance agents and carriers. Because a Trusted Choice® independent insurance agent has access to multiple insurance companies, they are able to offer you competitive pricing, a broad choice of products and valuable advocacy.

Need to insure your new home, or looking to lower your rate?

Get pricing in minutes with Lemonade

Get started

TrustedChoice.com Homeowners Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TrustedChoice.com Homeowners Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TrustedChoice.com?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

My son told me to use the insurance agent that he had. I wasn’t very happy with them, but I had to use something. The agent's mailbox was full and he didn’t return my calls. So, I called another number and got his office girl, and she didn’t seem too knowledgeable. She gave me another email and then I emailed the agent several times with that. And then he went on vacation. He responded through email but I didn't ever spoke with him, which I didn’t like because I wasn’t getting answers to my questions. And it just delayed the time and eventually 45 days lapsed. I checked with different agencies and I only went with him because he said next year it would be cheaper because I lapsed 45 days, and within that time I was supposed to get coverage. And I paid cash, so it’s not required when you pay cash. It never used to be anyway.

Also, I didn’t understand the wind mitigation, so I paid $89 for it thinking it was gonna give me a discount because I had hurricane shutters. But it didn’t. I’ve always owned a home, and owning a condo is much different with this wind mitigation, which made the insurance seem to cost more. I don’t understand this whole thing and I just paid for it. But next year, I’m gonna have to shop around. It’s very frustrating.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I was googling for home insurance companies in our area and TrustedChoice.com Homeowners Insurance came up. I got a quote from them which was an easy process. I didn’t choose them but I was satisfied with their quote and I liked their agent options.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I had just purchased a home and wanted to get insured. I looked at different individual companies, but it was so time-consuming to fill out each individual application and keep track of them all. I found TrustedChoice.com through a couple of Google searches and clicks. I reached out to them and submitted my information and received a call within an hour or so. I also reached out to a couple of companies but Trusted Choice was more responsive. They got back to me quickly and gave me an option that worked with me. I ended up with Travelers, which has a great price and covered everything that I needed. TrustedChoice.com's online process was pretty easy. Plus, they did the legwork for me. It was a great experience.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

We were on the market to try to find insurance for an estate. My mother passed away. We had insurance, and they cancelled our insurance because the house is still in her name. We're in the process of getting the insurance. It's an estate property now, and it's hard to find coverage especially in the state of Georgia. A lot of independent companies didn't cover the type of insurance that we needed for a vacant home. The State Farm we had before recommend us to a lot of different people. I called a bunch of people, and Trusted Choice was one of the ones that called me back. Everyone that I talked to was very informative. Trusted Choice is more expensive than the standard insurance that we have, but I know that that's just part of the process.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I did a lot of searching for a homeowner's insurance and I went with TrustedChoice because it provided the best rates and coverage. I haven't had a claim but I know I'm covered and that's good news. I would recommend TrustedChoice.

Original review: July 23, 2019

We are professional landlords. A lot of our properties are 50 years old, and they’re not easy to find coverage for. And so, I liked to reach out to local people to try to give them my business, to keep my profits local as much as possible. I’m still deciding on TrustedChoice. None of the insurance people I reached out to responded with anything close to a response that I requested.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I was buying a homeowners insurance and went with the best quote I received. Trusted Choice was beneficial in terms of knowing what to expect and what to anticipate in terms of the quote and what the coverage is so it was definitely helpful in that line. I just hope that they might have providers with certain more insights in particular. For example, I was really looking whether to get earthquake coverage. If you’re not getting an earthquake coverage in terms of places which are not prone to earthquake and if something happens, will the government help, and if they do so, how much do they help out? This is very specific but this helps us to determine should I really be worrying about that or not. It only takes one quake to come and destroy everything. So, from that perspective.

With regards to the roof and the side of the building, it would also help to give us an option like is it all four sides brick or just one side brick and then two sides or some other kind of material. Nowadays, the builders build their home with only one-sided brick and then two-sided or three-sided will be vinyl or the other kind of structure.

Original review: July 16, 2019

My boss bought a property in a different state and his insurance people here in Georgia would not insure a property in that state where the new property was. Somebody I work with gave me the Trusted Choice website and I got several insurance companies respond when I typed in the information about the new property. I got several referrals and I figured I wanted to contact them. I went with one of those for my boss but when we filled out the paperwork, with all of the more sensitive secure data, I did not do it online. Trusted Choice was very helpful.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I knew that I would have more options through an independent agent company. The Trusted Choice website on helping guide me in selecting an independent agent flowed naturally and the agent who assisted me in finding a policy was very good.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I was shopping for a quote on homeowners insurance. Currently, I have insurance, but I was looking to change it for a couple different reasons. I found Trusted Choice online. The website wasn’t too difficult to navigate because I used it and I’m not the sharpest pencil. Trusted Choice didn’t give me a name, an address and a telephone number. But they sent me all of these names and how to contact them. You have to fill out a form online and I didn't know what that was for. When I filled out the application, they had all my information and then they just passed me on to other people. I’m very disappointed. Shopping on the internet is pretty difficult. You usually wind up sorry you did it. As soon as you get off the internet, you get 20 people the next day who are trying to get your business that you never even contacted. We are just wide open to people collecting our information.

Hi Bob,

We are sorry to hear of your experience with TrustedChoice.com. I can assure you we do not share personal information with any of our agencies. We'd love the opportunity to make things right. Please contact us at (855) 372-0070 or solutions.trustedchoice.com and we'd be happy to assist you.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I bought a new home. I found the cheapest quote with most covered policy dealing with an independent agent company. Trusted Choice Homeowners Insurance guided me. I do things online and their website is user-friendly.

Original review: May 17, 2019

There was a lot of dead end with TrustedChoice. I moved on and found insurance on my own by calling around in the local area.

TrustedChoice.com Homeowners Insurance response

We are sorry to hear about your experience and would love the opportunity to make it right. We will reach out to you and determine what specific roadblocks you hit when searching for homeowners insurance on our website. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to helping you in the future.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I found TrustedChoice through a Google search when I was looking to get homeowner's insurance. Their website was easy to use. I would use it again.

Original review: May 11, 2019

When we were applying for a mortgage, we were asked to have homeowner's insurance. I had been thinking about going through an independent agent to get it, and then my dad recommended TrustedChoice. I then talked to the agent and told him what we were looking for, and then he did the rest. Navigating through their website was easy, but it wasn't the greatest. I had to click through so many pages in order to see all the information about my options. I had to click on one and then click again to get to the next one, then click back to read everything or open a bunch of tabs to compare them. I hope there's some way that it's easier to see multiple at one time to be able to compare them.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I was purchasing a home and my lender/broker helped facilitate the process for me, so they did the foot work and got me multiple offers. I haven’t made a decision yet on insurance, but so far the experience with TrustedChoice has been good. They did a good job with it and I’ve been happy with the offers I've received. The offers seem to be competitive with the local rates and provide good, adequate coverage. I was also happy with the result comparable to the amount of time I spent searching for it.

Original review: May 1, 2019

My experience with Trusted Choice Homeowners Insurance wasn't that great. I was doing price research and it was one place with multiple options. Plus, navigating the site was pretty easy. But all the quotes I received were higher than my current homeowner's insurance.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I purchased a new property and was looking for the best rates for a homeowner's insurance. Trusted Choice Homeowners Insurance was recommended by a broker that I was working with. I began my search for an independent agent online and navigating the Trusted Choice website was pretty easy. I put in my requirements and I got a bunch of recommendations. The options I received were good. A couple of them never returned my calls, which was disappointing, or never responded to a request. But the one that did, worked out. The agent selected was accurate to the information that I provided and I ended up going with them. I submitted the requirements and they met that at a very good rate.

Original review: April 24, 2019

We were looking for different insurance companies for my boss Ken's home so that he’d be covered. We searched online and found TrustedChoice on the internet, and they were in the area. I filled out a questionnaire, looked up somebody’s email and sent them a message saying that I was in need of insurance, and I got a reply. They were listed, so we chose to go with them. Although it took a while for someone to call me back, they did and they were polite.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I have insurance but I was looking for a better rate. I called Trusted Choice and told them what I was looking for, and they said they’d give my name to a few people and they’d get back with me. The response was satisfactory, but they just couldn't do any good.

Original review: April 12, 2019

A magazine mentioned that if you want an independent research firm bidding under insurance, then just call Trusted Choice. But I do not think it’s a good company. I had to call back and give the information. It looks like they were not very interested. They said so many people will be calling me, and I only got one response, and the lady gave me a very high price. I won’t recommend Trusted Choice to anybody.

TrustedChoice.com Homeowners Insurance response

We are sorry to hear about your experience with TrustedChoice.com. We have thousands of agents who would be happy to assist you with your insurance needs. I will reach out to identify how we can help you and get more quotes for your needs. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Trusted Choice was the cheapest and they gave me what I wanted. Once they started, the process took less than a week. Their insurance guy was good too.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

It was time for my homeowner's insurance to be renewed. I dealt with independent agents before and I kinda like their modus operandi. I had a good experience with Trusted Choice. They gave me enough choices locally that I could pick from. It was all online. For what I needed, Trusted Choice was very good at what they did. The only thing was they limited to me the three providers. Four or five would probably have been better.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I was gonna purchase a property, so I started searching for homeowner's insurance. I found Trusted Choice online and their website was very easy to navigate. I liked their rate, but I couldn’t go through with the purchase of their homeowner's insurance because the deed was incorrect. So, we didn’t close, the contract fell through, and I ended up not using Trusted Choice as my insurance provider. Nevertheless, the experience that I had with them was good.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

TrustedChoice's website was easy to use and I was able to find my insurance company. There was a couple of different matching insurance and four all together worked for me.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I needed homeowners insurance for the home that I was buying and based on the pricing, I went with Trusted Choice. The process was all done online and I didn't really have to do too much. So that was good. The website was also easy to use and navigate and it was not overly intimidating. Everybody that I've dealt with also seemed good and professional. It was a positive experience with Trusted Choice.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I had an insurance on my home and someone called me saying that they had better insurance available for me and I could change it. I thought they were my advisor from my mortgage company, so, I said that I would. I did what they asked and everything seemed to be going through. Within days, I got a cancellation of insurance from the new company saying it wasn't close enough to a fire hydrant. I was scrambling because I had no insurance so I went to the Trusted Choice site. I saw that it looked like it might offer the most help in one place which was what I was looking for. It took them a little bit but they did find me some insurance. I switched and now, I have insurance again.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We moved from South Carolina to Florida so I was looking for a new homeowners insurance. It was simple using the Trusted Choice website and the experience went smoothly. It gave me some good options and we accepted the three agents but only one of them got back to me. We ended up using another broker.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

We bought a manufactured home and I needed a mobile home insurance. The Trusted Choice website came up and they sent me to different insurance companies and gave me the information for the agents.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I was gonna change my homeowners insurance carrier and got some quotes online from insurance companies. But I knew that there were some other companies out there that I would be interested in. I also felt more comfortable having an agent that had worked for multiple insurance companies, for different choices. So I Googled for independent insurance agents near me and found Trusted Choice. Their website was easy to navigate and their agent options were great and the company, that I chose, provided good service.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

My rates went up, so I looked for something that was gonna be more comparable. I dealt with Tammy at Trusted Choice and she was very helpful and sweet. It was a good experience. But I wasn't able to get insurance because of the number of claims I had, so Tammy is gonna call me back in May.

TrustedChoice.com Homeowners Insurance Company Information