Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates
  2. Finance
  3. Life Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.99/5

Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates

State Farm Life Insurance Reviews

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

What was clearly represented as an annuity attached to a death benefit that was supposed to be guaranteed at 4.5%, turned out to be a savings plan attached to a death benefit. After 26 years of timely payments, The value of my policy is only worth the premiums and reinvested dividends I contributed. These products are still sold today. Truthfully, yields 0% after 26 years. Seems to be an issue with the word "guaranteed" and the term "total cash available". Sold as a great investment to begin for our children and grandchildren. CLEARLY, that is not the case. A death benefit policy only. Keep your money.

Original review: July 25, 2019

Back in 2014 I got my auto insurance with y’all and my agent force me to get a life insurance with State Farm and he say after five years I will get my money back. Now is 5 years. No one can answer my question. I need my money back. Y’all need to stop lying to people.

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 5, 2019

My agent just straight up lied to us. My husband and I were looking for a life insurance policy a few years back after me being honorably discharged from the Army and him retiring from the Army. He told us that our premiums (minus the cost of insurance) would be invested in the stock market and it would grow according to the market of course. At first I didn't monitor it, because I know it's a long term investment so I was just paying the premium and not worrying about it. One day I realized I haven't received a statement from them other than the savings account they said we had to open in order to start the life insurance policies. Mind you; this savings has not gained one cent in interest in 3 years.

So, I go online to register for an online account to manage our life insurance policies. Once registered, to my surprise and disappointment, it doesn't show the premium (minus the cost of insurance) being invested in the stock market, or any growth there of. All it shows is how much we pay for premiums, how much we pay for the insurance and that's pretty much IT. It doesn't even have the option to view/print your statements online. And I have yet to receive a statement even upon request from my agent.

If this company was on the up and up, why don't we have access to our policy statements?? We have never even received an annual statement. This is a total RIP OFF! Now if we cancel the policies, we are stand to loose over 1,600 dollars plus the money we have wasted paying into these crappy policies. Please don't fall for the lies and double talk like we did! And if anyone knows how to surrender this policy with minimum penalties, please advise.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I am satisfied with my State Farm ins. But with my policy w/ my Postal Life ins. I am less satisfied because it’s a lot harder to get any of my questions answered or info delivered to me. Also receiving a copy of the info is quite difficult.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Last year 2018 I had purchased vehicle insurance with State Farm and everything was going okay. Until I hit a lumber on the highway. The next month after I had attempted to make a payment which was $100. While my payment didn’t go through I had been told my insurance went up to $200 just because some review they did. I told them I was not going to pay for that and the State Farm person told me I had to $240 in order for me to get out of the policy! I did not pay it cause that was outrageous and I’ve never been told that I had to pay in order to get out of the insurance before. (Unhappy customer)???

How do I know I can trust these reviews about State Farm Life Insurance?

Original review: June 5, 2018

I currently use State Farm (Mat **) Insurance. For the most part all the services I use are good. Now when it comes to the matter of life insurance, a lady name Gloria was the agent assisting me and everything started off good. I was scheduled for testing by them to be weighed, etc. at my house and that went well. They said to have my doctor forward my medical history so they can proceed. That was done and I have not heard back from Gloria for weeks.

I received a text saying they are still waiting for my med records. I contact my doctor's office and they said they sent it a long time ago. I conveyed the info and suddenly they realized they do have it. Smh. After that I never heard back from them. Gloria use to text and email me every week faithfully soliciting their life insurance products so I was taken aback. I texted her and emailed her inquiring and no reply. Texted her about something else to see if she still works there and she replied. So disappointed with her behavior.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I was insured by State Farm (The Good Hands People) for almost 30 years. In March of 2017, my 19 year old son was in an accident. The accident was not a large payout, under 5000. They doubled my insurance for 6 months. This repaid the entire amount of the accident cost. That was bad enough, considering, I had given them THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS over the last 30 years; however, they then decided to cancel him. Granted they wanted to keep my business, they just didn't want him. Since he is a college student, still living at home, it was impossible to get insurance for only him. Therefore, I had to take all my policies elsewhere. State Farm are not "The Good Hands People", they are the "Drop You Like a Hot Potato People." They cannot be trusted and they have no respect for loyal customers.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

We got life insurance when we got married in 1989. We have never missed a payment. My husband's is for 100,000. Mine is for 50,000. We are being told that my husband's insurance will be gone by the time he reached 79 years old. He is 69 now. They want us to get different insurance for him which will be much more expensive than what we are paying. This is insurance was to be a guaranteed payout upon his death. There was no age limit on this. Wondering if there is any class action suits against them for this type of business. They say it's because of the stock market. But my policy is just fine... Very upset about this...

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

My family and I have been with Statefarm for nearly 20 yrs. I have three children 15, 21, and 23 which all have Life policies. Two, Whole Life and one 10 Pay. With that being said my daughter's 10 pay has been paid and I still pay premium for the two whole life. About two weeks ago I visit with my agent to review all my policies and see what my family needs don't need. I found out that my daughter's TenPay policy had termed due to me surrendering the policy for $1500, I nor my husband was aware of it. So I tried to write another policy on her for $10,000, along with new life policies.

I received a phone call from my agent to call him back in reference to my child's policy. I returned the call with devastating news that my 15 yr old's policy was denied due to uncontrollable diabetes. You see both of my girls have Juvenile Diabetes. My question to Statefarm is what is the criteria for it be wrote. Statefarm states she needs two years as controlled an A1C of 7.5. My child has been newly diagnosed going on two years and dealing with hormones etc. My 15 yr old had a TenPay and Statefarm termed the policy for a $51.00 interest in Dec 2015, not a surrendered policy.

We have nothing nor knew about the cancellation, as a parent I know the risk of a policy for a child with diabetes. I asked the agent if any certified letter was sent with such an important policy about to be canceled. Statefarm agent stated they don't send certified letters on a policy for terminating a Paid Insurance Policy. Now Statefarm wants your business and will meet you anytime, anywhere to write a policy and collect money but not when you are about to lose a $10,000 dollar policy that was Paid up, rates will never change. I feel that Statefarm, my agent was not in the best interest for my family, my children, and our future.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

Got life insurance for about 1 year for my daughter. My daughter became unemployed and needed to cancel. We requested to cash it out. $68 was the amount of refund because that is what they told us. When the check arrived, a note was attached stating that the cancellation fee was $45. So the refund amounted to about $23. I had car insurance thru State Farm on 2 cars... my car and my 17 year old daughter's car. Only upon cancellation of the policies, we were informed that she was not insured even though I was paying insurance on her car. Wanda Skelton's state farm insurance in Warrensburg MO should be put out of business with the way they are allowed to operate. The office staff seldom follows thru on their word. Horrible insurance co!!!

State Farm Life Insurance expert review by Neal Frankle

State Farm Life Insurance is a Fortune 500 company that specializes in a variety of insurance solutions, including term, whole and universal life insurance. Its flexible policy options allow its customers to obtain a customized life insurance policy that meets their needs and fits their budgets.

• Diverse policy riders: State Farm offers many diverse policy riders, such as accidental death benefits and long-term care benefits, that can be added to any policy to create a customized plan.

• Learning center: The State Farm Learning Center provides valuable information about all types of life insurance options to help customers make informed decisions about their policies.

• Numerous policy options: Additional policy options are available to State Farm customers, including term conversion options and survivorship options.

• Flexible payment schedule: Customers have the option of making monthly payments toward their policy, or they can pay on an annual or semi-annual basis.

• Local agents: State Farm has more than 18,000 agents strategically located around the country to provide customer-friendly services at a convenient location.

by Neal Frankle Life Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.

State Farm Life Insurance Company Information