State Farm Life Insurance

Compare Life Insurance

Research top Life Insurance recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Driving on highway 77 in SC 3/15/2015. Older man in front of me in truck with trailer had washer and dryer on it not tied down traveling 65mph. They fly off in my direction causing me to slam on brakes at that speed... Nobody seriously hurt at the scene. Thanks God. Only had a panic attack and hit my chest on steering wheel and lower base of my neck on headrest. Very scared. Didn't need a ambulance so calmed down and drove back home that night. Couldn't seem to shake the pain so went to ER. Had whiplash and chest bruising etc. They said I'd b fine. Went home at 1130 went to bed.

Then 530 am 3/16 fiancee called 911 thinking I'm having a heart attack. Stopped breathing and all then I was being dragged out my home by people. I couldn't see and they were telling me I had a seizure. Paramedics of course. Never had a seizure in my life. Now every 3-6 month for 2 yrs. These agents tell me after all the documentation and chiropractors etc it has no relevance to the accident and this insured old man only has 50,000 in coverage.

My life has been changed looks like forever. Have had 3 miscarriages due to seizures. Had 3. Good healthy births before all of this. Can't work even drive my babies to school no more. That's the worse feeling when you can't. Because of this old man's negligence I have to suffer till I'm old. The stress is unreal not knowing when one is coming and all I keep hearing is you can die at any time. Thanks Much. They haven't been any help. Julie the assistant there tells me yes it is very possible the shaking of your brain from that and the trauma caused this but won't document it think they have a connection.

I'm going to have to go and sue the old man for whatever it's worth. These people think 5,326.00 settlement is gonna fix something... right. And if I die from a seizure then what State Farm??? How my kids feel and live after that. And you checked 5yr med record before didn't have any problems. So very sadden and angry by this. It's all about $ to this company... I deserve 10xs what he has available for what I have been through. And my kids have suffered seeing me have a seizure is so scary and the time it takes to recover. I've lost over 30lbs since last August when I fell in the ER and had a seizure, busted my head on the concrete floor. Haven't been the same since. No appetite. No desire like before. Whoever reads this please pray for me and my kids. I'm all they have and looks like we about to be homeless due to this situation because I can't work. Thanks old man and State Farm.

It's my deepest regret for not listening to another opinion about a particular State Farm agent and not choosing ANY other agent besides the womanizing, bigotry ridden, alcoholic, con artist that managed to persuade TWO different senior citizens into believing their long term life insurance policies were CANCELLED and "null and void" because the "last known payment" was not applied in time. When in fact, we investigated my mother's records and it was mailed on the same schedule that the other payments had been mailed for over 30 YEARS!!! 30 YEARS WITH THE LUFFMAN AGENCY JUST TO GET 25,000 DOLLARS STOLEN FROM MY SENIOR MOTHER'S HAND.

I have to say this outspoken, hot tempered character that has ruined State Farm's reputation with our family for good. They allow and promote this fraudulent behavior. They turned their backs on the most loyal customers to defend alarming corruption. He got that money somehow and anyone who thinks this agent is honorable is either completely unknowing about the potential dangers or, they're Trump voters and willing to donate their loved one's well being to keep from looking stupid for being loyal to someone that has them pistol whipped. Amen.

Went to State Farm agent Rick ** who seemed like a good guy to get insurance with even though I've had issues with this "company" before. Went for a quote on Jan. 19, 2017. Was told, I would hear from him tomorrow. Meaning the 20th of Jan. NEVER heard anything from Rick. I even checked my voicemail numerous times. Last time, 15 min. ago. Just like State Farm. Do yourself a FAVOR, go ELSEWHERE for insurance. NOT State Farm!!!

State Farm is unprofessional. They withdraw money out your account without your consent. They say "we use mail" but I wasn't in town. This is a horrible business... At least other sent text message about all action.

I have had life insurance products with State Farm for almost 15 years. My agents have always been very attentive, the rates are comparable to other companies, service has been excellent, and the life insurance products they offer fit our family's short term and long term needs. I depend on the guidance of my agents to ensure that we are adequately covered in the case of our untimely deaths as we have minor children and a mortgage, and they have always met that expectation fully. My State Farm agent is supportive of the community and over the years has become a part of our extended family.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about State Farm Life Insurance?

I am very pleased with State farm for car insurance. They were very helpful in finding which insurance and how much was needed. We make monthly payments, as we have 5 cars between the 4 of us. By the time everything was figured we found out that we could get the same amount of car insurance as we had been paying and add the house insurance and pay about what we had been paying for just car insurance. My daughter had an accident and they settled the insurance quickly and fairly. Our agent checks on us frequently, but not too frequently to make sure that everything is going smoothly. It is easy to contact our agent if we have any questions and he is always helpful. At the risk of sounding like a commercial, we estimate that we save about $900 a year. I would recommend State Farm to anyone.

They helped me choose the coverage that was right for my family. They walked me through step by step so I was confident in my decisions. I would definitely recommend them to my friends and family for their own coverage needs.

I have had this insurance for years. Can borrow money from it but never have. You need to buy insurance when you're young so you can purchase at a cheaper cost.

State Farm has been there for me for years! Their policies are very reasonable and the staff is most helpful! Susan **, who is my agent, is very helpful in finding me the best price on my policies. She even went so far as to help me apply for my disability insurance!

My experience with my life insurance company was very pleasant and informative. The agent I dealt with showed genuine concern and made me feel as though she really cared. She ask me what I wanted to get off a policy and what exactly was I looking for. She also gave me some information that I knew nothing about. That helped me greatly to pick the right policy and terms to make sure my family would be taken care of and have nothing to worry about when the time comes. I was more than satisfied.

They are always friendly and very knowledgeable. If I ever have any questions about my life insurance policy, I know an answer is just a call away. I am adequately covered and my monthly premium is low.

I have not had any problems with auto or life insurance. Haven't had to file a claim with neither and cost are reasonable. I do not have any plans to change.

Have no problems with my insurance company. Just pay the bills for it, and that's just it. Don't really have anything else to say. It just there when needed.

State Farm is a very good company to have life insurance and others with. They take the time to get to know you and your family. They remember birthdays and special occasions.

State Farm has been my insurance company for 25 years. We had many accidents before our premium was increased. They are easy to contact and work with you.

I am very pleased with State Farm & have been for over 10 years. The overall experience with my agent as well as his staff has been very outstanding! There hasn't been one time that I have called or made a visit to the office that I haven't been satisfied. They make sure that everything that I may inquire about is answered within the company. I feel like family with my agent and his staff. I have never had any disappointments with any claims on either one of my cars and all claims have been dealt with a quick response. I will recommend anyone to State Farm!

Convenient location, always available, and helpful. Sat down with me and my spouse to figure the best plan for each of us. I would recommend to family and friends.

I appreciate the professionalism and care they have shown towards myself and my family. They are like family to me themselves, and that goes a long way in 2015.

My name is Peggy. I've had life insurance with State Farm for several years. It is a very affordable insurance and covers enough to make sure my loved ones will not have to worry about my final expenses and bills. I would highly recommend this insurance company. Just a couple of questions and as long as your premium is paid you're covered. Highly recommended 5 Star Company.

Our agent was helpful in determining how much insurance we need and which plans were best for us. He helped us calculated exactly what we'd need in the event either or both of us were to die.

State Farm is a great insurance company to work with. They are always helping you find better deals for your family. We have never had a problem with State Farm and we plan on staying with them for a very long time.

Never had any problems with this company. Always very helpful with any questions I may have. Very attentive when I would ask about added other members of my family.

I and my whole family have all of our policies written through State Farm Insurance. We have been longtime customers and receive discounts based on number of policies and years with the company. We are very happy with State Farm and our State Farm agent. Our agent is always there for us when we need him and he is very knowledgeable.

A tried and true company should be used. So you can depend on services. And can be found when you need them. Take care to pick 5 star insurance company.

I've found State Farm to be a very reliable, financially sound company that people can trust. The rates are competitive and the customer service is bar none.

I have had this life insurance for more than 40 years. We have not problems with them. They are a good company and I like them. My husband has life insurance with them also.

I have had great experience with the company. Their Flexible Policy options are great with several options! They also have wonderful online tools for quick quotes & several articles to educate their customers on policies. They may not be the cheapest company but personally I'd rather have more options & a wonderful payout history. I would recommend them to anyone.

I haven't had to deal with them yet on a claim. When my mom passed away her insurance which is the same as mine paid off in a quick and timely manner.

I have found them to be a very good company which has my full support in their rates, coverage, customer service. I have had no problems whatsoever with anything matter pertaining to this company. They located very close to where I live and will take the time to answer any or all questions I may have. I will definitely stay with them for many years. They keep me informed about any charges or fees that may be pending and they lower my rate because I have been a safe driver. It sure is great that they my personal concerns on their minds all the time.

Very easy to deal with. Quick response when needed. Reasonable rates and discounts. Easy to access, whether in person, by phone or online. They keep me informed of new products and services with frequent updates as they become available.

Expert Review

Neal FrankleLife Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.    More about Neal→

State Farm Life Insurance is a Fortune 500 company that specializes in a variety of insurance solutions, including term, whole and universal life insurance. Its flexible policy options allow its customers to obtain a customized life insurance policy that meets their needs and fits their budgets.

• Diverse policy riders: State Farm offers many diverse policy riders, such as accidental death benefits and long-term care benefits, that can be added to any policy to create a customized plan.
  • Learning center: The State Farm Learning Center provides valuable information about all types of life insurance options to help customers make informed decisions about their policies.
  • Numerous policy options: Additional policy options are available to State Farm customers, including term conversion options and survivorship options.
  • Flexible payment schedule: Customers have the option of making monthly payments toward their policy, or they can pay on an annual or semi-annual basis.
  • Local agents: State Farm has more than 18,000 agents strategically located around the country to provide customer-friendly services at a convenient location.

Compare Life Insurance Companies