Shelter Auto Insurance

Compare Auto Insurance Companies

Research top Auto Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I am writing a review about my experience with Shelter Insurance. I have had Shelter Insurance since I was 16. They are always there to help and I enjoy their 24/7 help when you call the 1-800 number. I would recommend Shelter Insurance to others.

I've been with shield of Shelter for over 10 years. They are very friendly and easy to work with and easy to reach when you need them. I was hit in a hit and run accident and they took care of everything and my rates did not increase. I'm extremely satisfied with their auto and home and life insurance policies.

Have only used it once after I hit a deer, but they were easy to work with and paid my claim quickly. My agent cares about my family and wants to make sure we are adequately covered. They also cover my home and two rental properties, and have many other financial products available.

They have always been good to work with. Excellent customer service. Always very helpful. Great bundle prices and offer discounts especially to those who are loyal customers. The agent we use is close to our home and responds in a timely manner to both phone calls and emails. We use them for home auto and insurance on our pop up camper.

My insurance is very affordable and gives me very great service. Have them for my home and auto. Have had them for 15 years and very happy with them. Have never had a claim on my truck, had two on my house. One for the roof after hail damage and it was fixed with no out of pocket and the other one was a frozen pipe that flooded my finished basement. Same thing fixed very fast and no out of pocket.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shelter Auto Insurance?

Friendly and helpful. When my husband had a wreck they were fair in their assessment of the value of the vehicle. We had a good experience with working with them. They also don't run your credit when applying for insurance, which I think more companies should do.

Great service. Great rates and fast response time. Our Agent is always helpful and easy to get a hold of anytime. She makes sure our policies are fair and competitive. Easy online access to view and print policies, cards, and information.

The company Shelter Insurance is affordable, and gives a wide range of products for use. Also because they have local offices they are able to respond to the needs of customers in a reasonable time. My dealings have been limited with the company. However there has been no issues with them and their reputation is quite solid.

When talking with my agent, it is always easy to converse with them and obtain a straight answer to my questions. They are reliable and helpful during my times of need. They also have a great rate for my family!

I have had an overall great experience with Shelter Insurance. I use them for both my home and auto. I have reasonable rates and they do offer some discounts. I did wish they offered more of a percentage off with their discounts plus a wider variety.

I have had nothing but great experiences with Shelter. The prices are great and offer generous discounts. They are quick to offer assistance when I have had questions, and have helped me throughout the entire claim process. The claim process is quick, and easy. There is an office that is located locally in my town that has always allowed me to stop by the office to speak with someone in person. I have been with this company for approximately six years and I have had yet to experience a problem. I have had several different vehicles as well. I would definitely recommend to anyone.

I have been a customer of Shelter since I started driving at the age of 18, and I have continued to do so for over 30 years. My 3 sons have insurance through Shelter as well. They have the best rates and excellent coverage. I wouldn't change insurance companies for anything!!

Expert Review

Matthew BrodskyInsurance Contributing Editor

Matthew Brodsky is an established expert on insurance, having written hundreds of articles and other pieces of content on the subject, interviewed countless practitioners, and attended dozens of conferences and events. He served as an editor at industry magazine Risk & Insurance for six years.    More about Matthew→

Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance is an insurance provider that serves drivers in Massachusetts, Connecticut and New Hampshire. Policyholders can report claims 24 hours a day, and Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance's customer service line is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.

• Online claim filing: Call or go to their website to file a claim for any accident or covered repair. The form is fast and intuitive with no login needed.
  • Farm insurance: Shelter covers a lot more than just cars. They also offer insurance products designed for commercial farms and home insurance.
  • Personal possessions: When policyholders opt for Personal Articles insurance, it doesn't matter if an expensive necklace was stolen from the car or the safe, it is covered either way.
  • Insurance off the road: ATVs get a lot of hard use, but they may not always be insured. Shelter Auto Insurance also offers coverage for snowmobiles, golf carts, dirt bikes, dune buggies and more.
  • Vacation vehicles: Cover an RV or a boat using a policy customized for the type of vehicle. RVs are usually significantly more expensive than cars, and boats need protection against environmental damage.
  • Best for Drivers who need custom insurance needs, small businesses owners and car owners.

Compare Auto Insurance