Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates
1.42/5

Safe Auto Insurance

Safe Auto Insurance provides auto, renters and health coverage for high-risk clients. Safe Auto is not an InsuraMatch partner. Contact InsuraMatch to get several insurance quotes from different providers and find the right carrier for your situation. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

131 Safe Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

When I initially got my policy, I was paying $186 a month for 6 months. When my 6 months was up, it raised to $206 a month. They said this was due to the taxes raising in my city. Okay, fine. It was still the cheapest insurance I could find. Then, when my insurance policy renewed another 6 months later, they raised it AGAIN by $28 a month. At this point, I have had no claims, no accidents and my insurance policy keeps RAISING. They couldn't provide me with a reason as to WHY it kept raising. I switched to Progressive where my insurance was over $100 cheaper than what I was paying with Safe Auto. They are a RIPOFF. Would not recommend.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I recently purchased auto insurance through Safe Auto. 24 hours later I receive an email stating my premium has increased by $31 and I will be receiving something in the mail with further details. One week later I receive a BILL “due” in 3 days for more than double the monthly payment I had been quoted and signed paperwork for. There is also a notice with the bill stating my premium has increased by $256. I’m given some story about how they operate on “two dates” and the first one isn’t actually my due date?? The second date is nowhere on my bill but THAT is the date I need to pay by to avoid cancellation. They claim that my accident a few years ago is why my premium increased. Except I gave them all of that information from day one so why couldn’t they tell me the accurate cost from the start!? Because they reel you in with a super cheap start up fee and then jack it up within a few days.

I will be canceling and already know I will have to deal with more rip off charges for doing so, even though the guy on the phone assured me if I cancel by a certain date I will not owe them anything more than what I’ve already paid. Regardless, they lost a customer in just seven days because they are dishonest and unprofessional. Every other company who gave me a quote was able to immediately include my driving history and give me an ACCURATE premium, so there’s no reason why Safe Auto isn’t able to do that. They do it on purpose and I refuse to do business with a company who operates that way. I was completely honest about my driving history realizing that an at fault accident would cause my premiums to be higher than normal. For them to go about it this way is completely unacceptable!! I am willing to pay a slightly higher premium through their competitor who was HONEST, ACCURATE and PROFESSIONAL from the start.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I contacted and purchased Auto Insurance from Safe Auto however I was able to get a better deal from their competitors. I called in to cancel 2 days later. I paid $181 for the policy, which was back in May 2018. I'm still waiting on my refund, however, I'm now being told it was sent to the DMV due to Safe Auto didn't have my address. Who sends a refund to the DMV, scammers that's who. Please don't use this insurance company, clearly, it is legal to steal from hard working people.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I don't have the issues with Safe Auto like I did my last insurance company shelter. I don't get runarounds, it's affordable for my insurance needs, and they are quick to taking care of what is asked from them by me when needed. Also friendly customer service. So far I've had nothing but positive experience. As of now I highly recommend. Hopefully that doesn't change. I've been with them a year now as of today.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I was going to change to Safeco Insurance. However my husband decided he did not want to so I called and canceled 15 minutes later. 3 days later I see that money is pending to still be taken from my account and instead of it being put back I'm told a check is being mailed. TERRIBLE customer service. Very glad I did not go with this company!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Auto Insurance?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Have been trying to reach adjuster for 5 days. When I call it places you on hold then voicemail. I’ve called at least a dozen times and left half a dozen voicemails. Even visited their social media sites and was told I would be “contacted shortly”, but that has not happened either. I have never experienced this with any of my other insurance providers. I would NOT recommend SA to ANYONE. I’d rather pay a higher premium than to get such poor service!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Safe Auto Insurance is an insurance company that I pay money to for really no reason 99.9% of the time. I just pay my bill every month. I don't like how they will up my rate at times without letting me know why. Also, their website was recently changed and it is a pain to use now.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Safe Auto is a fraud. I did an online quote for an SR22 and after checking two other companies I decided to go with Safe Auto. When I called back less than 1 week later with the quote number they gave me the quote mysteriously went up. After complaining I was told that they didn't have my vin number to which I stated to then that I could not have proceeded without it. Then there was the excuse of my social security number, I don't have not have I had in almost 10 years any fines or tickets and I stated on the app that I didn't have good credit but I was working.

Their next excuse was that I must've checked the box that says homeowner accidentally because when they checked it they came up with the exact same quote I told them that they quoted me. To which I then asked him "well how do you know I'm not"? Implying that his excuse was bogus because evidently they changed it to nonhomeowner themselves then without even knowing (I hadn't talked back to them to confirm this) if this was true then changed the quote on the fly.

Then there's the fact that they never ever ever ever asked for any proof of homeownership to begin with, either online or on the phone. Bottom line is Safe Auto is not truthful, they are not to be trusted. Before wasting your time with this fraud of a company my advice is take your business elsewhere. Even though the quote they gave me after the fact was still amongst the lowest I'm taking my business elsewhere. I'd rather pay more to a company I trust than to go the cheaper route and deal with these liars!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Safe Auto Insurance company is an online insurance company. I do not think the company has any in person offices. They are cheaper than the alternatives, at least in my area. I have nothing but good things to say about them. I had an accident while I was with them that was handle promptly. I would recommend them to anyone that wants to save money.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I tried to make a payment with 2 cards and they told me I could but I had to make it at the same time. Due to the situation I was in, I couldn’t. The guy said I could 3 way call the other person that would be paying the rest. While calling intl that was going to be a problem. They did nothing to help. On top of this, this wasn’t the first time they had made things difficult for me. I’m cancelling my policy. This company is trash.

Safe Auto Insurance Company Information