Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates
1.40/5

Safe Auto Insurance

Safe Auto Insurance provides auto, renters and health coverage for high-risk clients. Safe Auto is not an InsuraMatch partner. Contact InsuraMatch to get several insurance quotes from different providers and find the right carrier for your situation. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Safe Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: July 12, 2019

I've been a policy holder with Safe Auto for over a year now and my recent experience has been absolutely awful. About 2 weeks ago I was hit while sitting at a red light and the other person fled the scene, I filed my claim and the communication with my adjuster is anything but professional. They don't care about their policy holders. I've called numerous times to only get put on hold or the line gets disconnected. They ended up telling me the car would be a total loss and I'll hear from a total loss adjuster within 48 hours, well it's now been 12 days. I have special driving privileges and now I received a voicemail from them saying my license is invalid, which isn't the case but they're trying to get out of paying. They have major communication issues, and I'm highly disappointed with Safe Auto and the BS I'm dealing with just to file a claim and getting the issue resolved, After all this is why we have full coverage just in case something happens right?

Original review: July 9, 2019

For starters it’s bad enough that their own policyholders are taking the time to warn everyone else about how bad this company is. I’m someone who doesn’t have a policy with these people and have still endured the pain they put people through. On May 12, 2019 one of their policyholders pulled out in front of me at about 40mph and totaled my car. Safe auto has took it upon themselves to make this experience as painful as they can. They offered me a settlement of $5000 for the vehicle damage. Mind you my car was valued at around $8000. They gave me some bs lie that that state of PA only allows them to offer that much which I learned to accept I will be responsible for the remaining amount due on my vehicle loan. Once again, the car was totaled and this was not my fault.

Once I signed the document they sent me, they reached back out to me after to tell me that they were going to deduct my rental fee, after I had to Uber for two weeks because they couldn’t get their ** together and provide a rental sooner and they also told me they were going to take another $1600 for the copier fees. Now after the accident the people in the ambulance told me if I wouldn’t of been wearing a seat belt, I possibly would have been ejected or been injured even worse so I’m glad I was at least being responsible on my part.

Almost 2 months later safe auto is still keeping their title as the worst insurance company out there. Not to mention, everyone that emails me takes literally 5 days to respond so my advice to anyone reading this is, go with a company more reputable and if you’re going to be charged a ton of money like other policyholders are saying, take your hard earned money somewhere else and get the coverage you deserve.

Original review: July 4, 2019

They quote a low price online and once you purchase the policy they increase the policy dramatically. I purchased a auto policy for my husband and tried to add a additional vehicle to the policy. There was not a option so we email them and they added it week later after we purchase a separate policy for our other vehicle. We called to make a payment and they told us they had to cancel one of the policies and combined the policy. We was first told they would apply the credit for the cancel policy in 7 business days. Upon the 8th business day we was told they had to send us a check. We informed them they have given us 3 different refund policies. The cost of the plan increase from $72 on 6/10/19 to $250 as existing cost for 2 basic liability policies. And we still have not received our refund. These people are crooks. BEWARE!

I requesting an investigation to be launched on this company for they cost, practices and policies that changes over and over and over and they charge customers as they change their policies. They told us we have a balance due for $250 on a statement that was generated 7/2/2019 and the due date is June 23, 2019. There something wrong with this statement and this company. We are leaving them.

Original review: April 23, 2019

2 months into this policy I paid in full to avoid the additional $10.00 monthly fee. Then after a 0.00 bill next month, the following month I get a 12.00 bill. What for??? They charged me an additional 2 + 10 monthly fee because I am a renter. 5 months later WTF. Now I know $12 isn't much but I paid the bill in full to avoid additional monies. I am retired and on disability. I do not want additional fees. This is pure **. How come you're going to charge me something 5 months later after I started the policy and then paying it off!!! Now I'm shopping for new insurance. This insurance company is the worst.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Safe Auto has to be hands down the absolute worst for car insurance out there. Their agents are lazy boldfaced liars. They create stall tactics and fake cancellations to force you into paying these bogus inflated monthly payment increases. Our payments went from $191 first month 03/19 PAID ON THE FIRST, $195 second month 04/19 PAID ON THE FIRST, to $225 third 04/19, plus a $95 immediately (for not signing some bs form they never sent to us) in just two months. We received two forms (this month 04/19) out of nowhere with "second notice" on them both.... **. We check our mail AND emails daily and never received a form from them. Had we received them we would have signed them and sent them back no biggie. We call them and they're blowing smoke up our **. We tell them we're not paying and we'll just find another agency. All of a sudden they're willing to have the forms faxed over to them.

Couple days later we receive a "YOUR POLICY WILL BE CANCELLED 4/26/19." We call them YET AGAIN, would you believe they're telling us we're missing yet another form. Well why weren't we told there were other forms missing when we spoke with a "supervisor" regarding the previous form issue? So again I tell them I'm not paying $225 for next months payment plus a $95 fee for April on top of the $195 I already paid.. All because you idiots are having clerical issues and you don't know which policyholder is missing which form. All this form nonsense should have been done when we first signed up for the policy and made the initial payment. I'm not about to pay $500 plus dollars in two months because you idiots at Safe Auto dropped the ball and failed to do your jobs. How is that fair? All this for missing forms. I wasn't late on a payment hadn't missed a payment. Only had the policy for two months. I wouldn't believe it if I wasn't living it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Auto Insurance?

Original review: March 28, 2019

Safe Auto is the worst insurance company out there by far. I had been with them for 2 years with no accidents, and no tickets. Always paid on time every month. The one time I put in the wrong account by 1 number all hell breaks loose. They never contacted me to tell me the policy was going to cancel for non-payment. They cancel it on the 15th of the month. Them send me a letter. I call and ask why they didn't send a letter sooner, and they claim the bank rejected the payment a week after they cancelled the policy. So I had paid to reinstate the policy and then cancelled after these shenanigans, and cancel the payment I had made that morning, and they are trying to charge me a $175 Cancellation Fee. They are out of their minds. Good luck getting me to pay. Next step, Better Business Bureau. Safe Auto is a horrible company with horrible people and even worse practices.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I was hit by another driver while I was parked. I called Safe Auto that same day, the other driver had already reported the accident. They told me the claim number and said that Aiden would be contacting me. I waited several days, unable to use my car, because the outside mirror was destroyed. The first couple of days I was not too concerned, as I was snowed in. I then called them back, because I never heard from Aiden. The woman who answered the phone told me Aiden would get back to me. I asked when, she didn't know. She then claimed that they hadn't called, because they had no contact information, which was not true.

She tried to get me to take some responsibility for the accident, asking where I was driving to when it occurred. I told her several times that I was parked, not moving. So, Aiden finally called me, six days after the accident. I told him I needed it handled immediately, as I needed a rental. He told me they would do it as soon as they managed. He sent me an app to take pictures of the damage, which I did, immediately, and emailed back to them. I had to call again, because I did not have a rental to drive. The guy who finally called me is now trying to claim that most of the damage had to have been prior damage.

I informed him that my car had just been in the body shop a month ago, because I hit a coyote and damaged the front end, and that the body shop would have knowledge of the fact that there was not prior damage, so he would have to be amending the estimate/payment as a result. I told him I did not want him to issue payment to me, because I would not be paying out of pocket for damage which was not my fault. Then he asked if I wanted him to MAIL me the estimate, without which I cannot get my claim handled. Why would I want to wait an additional week or more for my repairs? This is the absolute worst insurance company I have ever had to deal with. I would not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

When I initially got my policy, I was paying $186 a month for 6 months. When my 6 months was up, it raised to $206 a month. They said this was due to the taxes raising in my city. Okay, fine. It was still the cheapest insurance I could find. Then, when my insurance policy renewed another 6 months later, they raised it AGAIN by $28 a month. At this point, I have had no claims, no accidents and my insurance policy keeps RAISING. They couldn't provide me with a reason as to WHY it kept raising. I switched to Progressive where my insurance was over $100 cheaper than what I was paying with Safe Auto. They are a RIPOFF. Would not recommend.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I recently purchased auto insurance through Safe Auto. 24 hours later I receive an email stating my premium has increased by $31 and I will be receiving something in the mail with further details. One week later I receive a BILL “due” in 3 days for more than double the monthly payment I had been quoted and signed paperwork for. There is also a notice with the bill stating my premium has increased by $256. I’m given some story about how they operate on “two dates” and the first one isn’t actually my due date?? The second date is nowhere on my bill but THAT is the date I need to pay by to avoid cancellation. They claim that my accident a few years ago is why my premium increased. Except I gave them all of that information from day one so why couldn’t they tell me the accurate cost from the start!? Because they reel you in with a super cheap start up fee and then jack it up within a few days.

I will be canceling and already know I will have to deal with more rip off charges for doing so, even though the guy on the phone assured me if I cancel by a certain date I will not owe them anything more than what I’ve already paid. Regardless, they lost a customer in just seven days because they are dishonest and unprofessional. Every other company who gave me a quote was able to immediately include my driving history and give me an ACCURATE premium, so there’s no reason why Safe Auto isn’t able to do that. They do it on purpose and I refuse to do business with a company who operates that way. I was completely honest about my driving history realizing that an at fault accident would cause my premiums to be higher than normal. For them to go about it this way is completely unacceptable!! I am willing to pay a slightly higher premium through their competitor who was HONEST, ACCURATE and PROFESSIONAL from the start.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I contacted and purchased Auto Insurance from Safe Auto however I was able to get a better deal from their competitors. I called in to cancel 2 days later. I paid $181 for the policy, which was back in May 2018. I'm still waiting on my refund, however, I'm now being told it was sent to the DMV due to Safe Auto didn't have my address. Who sends a refund to the DMV, scammers that's who. Please don't use this insurance company, clearly, it is legal to steal from hard working people.

Safe Auto Insurance Company Information