Progressive Life Insurance

Compare Life Insurance

Research top Life Insurance recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My husband is a terminally ill veteran with service related illness. It is not easy caring for a man with Stage 4 asbestosis 24/7. With so little help from the VA I don't need Progressive Insurance to make it harder. I received a rude, demanding letter from them requesting ridiculous documentation with threat to cancel my policy. Why would I want to jump hoops in order to keep a policy with a company with so little customer respect. I will not elaborate but they requested 30 items unrelated to my car, my driving, or my spouse who is blind if not bedridden. I think the blood of a virgin was in there, in So Cal? Not happenin' honey. They should not be allowed to make sales to military families.

Rates are low, easy to work with client, and available for any questions regarding life insurance. Different options are available depending on your income and age. Other insurance policies can be purchased through them such as Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Term Life Insurance, and Supplemental Insurance if you need money within 24 hours if you been in an accident and unable to work but still need to pay the bills. Agents may go to your place of employment and thoroughly explain the different insurance plans and options available for each plan and custom "fit" your plan to match your needs at an affordable cost to give you peace of mind.

Good experience with the lady I dealt in the process of purchasing my life insurance policy. It has been a pleasure dealing with the company that is offered my life insurance. I would definitely recommend the company to my family and friends.

I am very happy with my insurance company and will continue to use them. They offered me the lowest rate at a very reasonable price. They provide the insurance I need to protect me and my family with great customer service.

Pricing is reasonable. Customer service and policy access is wonderful. Internet login is user friendly. Website is easy to navigate and extremely secure. Policy is detailed and easy to follow.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Life Insurance?

I have never thought about getting it until my personal officer recommend it and I have family so thought it was a good idea if something should happen to me. I was very happy with it. She explained everything to me in detail and go all the right paperwork done fast and easy and she did most of the work.

Other than making my monthly premiums on time, my only "experience" with my life insurance company was from before I was a customer of theirs. My mother used them for her life insurance and when she passed away 2 years ago, they were very good about updating me on the progress of the payout. The payout occurred in a reasonable amount of time. They also directly sent to the funeral home the amount that was owed to them so that I wouldn't have to mail a check to the funeral home myself.

The rates are very good along with coverage. The service has been great. Had 2 claims in the last five years (other insurance company paid anyway - not my fault) but I just called them and they handled everything. No problem.

Progressive has very helpful phone representatives that are articulate and efficient. Every time I contacted Progressive, I have been pleased with the responses. Also, I have never had an issue with my policies. They have been quick to set up, revise and cancel. Finally, I believe that I have the best rates available based on my research of insurance companies for my family situation and needs.

I had have a great experience with my life insurance. They answer my questions the best they can. They don't treat me like another client. I'm not on hold for a long time.

I had one claim and they paid but did not provide exceptional service or explain the steps involved in the estimate process very well. I describe myself as satisfied because they did pay in a timely way. But could have been more responsive and provided better customer service. Do provide me with a competitive premium.

They have been very responsible and have been able to help us when we needed it. The cost is a little less than other companies. We haven't had any issues.

I am very happy with my life insurance. There were no medical issues and I was able to decide what I want to pay and what cover I wanted to have and decide how long which is better if you are able to control everything.

Typical life insurance experience. No medical test policy so pretty easy to get over the phone in about 10 minutes. Went through a quote website so for about 2 weeks after I selected my policy I kept receiving phone calls and emails from just about every insurance company out there.

So far I am very happy with this company. I was worried about the price because I thought it was very expensive, but I have had this insurance for a while and it has worked out well.

I have been with Progressive for five years now and I am quite pleased with them. Even though I have yet to file a claim with them, they are very good at computer e-mail correspondence with regards to reminding me when it is time to renew my policy, always giving me sufficient time to do this, and offering to help me with any new needs I might have.

My insurance company is great. I haven't had any problems with them. They keep me updated about any changes that may affect my coverage. They also charge a reasonable price.

Expert Review

Neal FrankleLife Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.    More about Neal→

Progressive Life Insurance helps individuals understand and compare different types of life insurance and choose policies that meet their needs. The company offers term, permanent and final expense life insurance, as well as a wide variety of riders, saving components and payment options. With an established quote system, a customer service telephone line and a wide range of policies, Progressive Life Insurance helps people plan for a secure future.

• Free quotes: Progressive Life Insurance offers free policy quotes, allowing individuals to compare insurance types and add-on options online.
  • Quick coverage: Progressive typically provides life insurance coverage in as little as four to six weeks after application completion, although some smaller-term life policies may be approved in as little as a day.
  • Reporting and tracking claims: Progressive Life Insurance provides full-service claims processing both online and by phone.
  • No medical exam: Progressive Life Insurance offers final expense insurance in as little as one day after application without requiring the applicant to undergo a pre-coverage medical exam.
  • Flexible options: Progressive Life Insurance offers a full range of riders and policy options, allowing individuals to customize policies to their unique needs.

Compare Life Insurance Companies