4.70/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Policygenius allows you to easily compare and buy life insurance online. In minutes, you can get quotes from over a dozen insurance companies and save up to 40%. With Policygenius, it’s never been easier to compare insurance and apply online.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

50 Policygenius Life Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I needed life insurance and turned to PolicyGenius. I applied with a company that ended up denying me after providing all of the information they requested. I was bummed out that I'd have to start the process all over again, but I didn't have to! The folks at PolicyGenius found me another company, and I ended up getting my life insurance through them. Throughout the entire time, they proactively kept me in the loop. Every step of the way, they were there. I can't recommend them enough. I will use them again in the future.

Policygenius Life Insurance response

Tanisha, we are so happy to have been able to find coverage for you and that it was a great experience! Thank you for the review. - Theresa S.

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

This was such an easy process. They had a quick questionnaire when I first inquired. It gave immediate prices so I could see what was being offered and if it was a good fit for me. Someone followed up shortly after. I’m a business owner, wife and mom - so I’m very busy and it seemed like everything was quick and easy to manage. Great prices and everyone was incredibly friendly to work with. I highly recommend working with policy genius no matter what your needs are - they found a great fit for my husband and I, our situation, family and future planning.

Policygenius Life Insurance response

We appreciate the review, Rachel! Policygenius strives to make insurance buying easy & transparent. - Theresa S.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Quick, painless, and easy to work with. Oh, and it saved me a ton of money on existing policies. A few forms online, a quick phone call, and we had policies ready to sign in a couple of days. They also were accommodating on minor tweaks or hypothetical scenarios. I'm confident that they will help me shop around regularly to keep competitive rates, coverage, and so forth. It helped us cut costs and expand our coverage to make sure we have just what we need.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

My experience with PolicyGenius was very satisfying. I was looking for a term life insurance policy. Once I contacted them, they explained the process, took down only relevant information and helped move the process along very smoothly. They accommodated delays on my part very politely and helped me stay on course. A huge thumbs up from me for the ease with which I was able to have the medical tests completed, obtain the results and select the most appropriate policy from a reputed company.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

From the beginning to the end, the people at PolicyGenius were awesome! I had been looking for a policy on my own and got sick and tired of having my phone "blow up". They took the stress away and walked me through it with ease. I now have the policy I want and I can't thank them enough for their diligence. You won't regret it should you decide to get some help from them. I would recommend them to anyone! I already have!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Policygenius Life Insurance?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

Policygenius helped me find a life insurance policy at a great rate. Everyone I worked with was friendly so easy to access via phone, text and email. They handled all the work and made the whole process a lot easier than I had anticipated. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for life insurance.

Policygenius Life Insurance response

Ashley - Thank you for the kind words! I'm so pleased we were able to provide you with great rates and great service! - Theresa S.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Policygenius was extremely helpful in finding me a great deal in insurance and made everything so easy. They kept me apprised of what was going on with my application and made sure I was informed of what was going on every step of the way. They did an awesome job!! I can’t thank them enough.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Policygenius helped me find a life insurance policy at a great rate. With one process, many options were compared for me to make an informed selection. They handled all the work, answered questions, and made the whole process a lot easier for me.

Original review: July 23, 2019

The process was very user friendly and thorough. I was called back after I submitted my information. The customer service rep was knowledgeable and courteous. I have recommended this to family and friends. Follow up was good as well. Once everything was in, I was able to relax.

Policygenius Life Insurance response

Carol, I'm so pleased to hear you had a great experience with us! Thank you so much for your kind words. - Theresa S.

Original review: June 26, 2019

Policygenius takes forever. I submitted my application on 11/1/18. I was not "active" till almost 60 days later! During the application process they would send me questions. Say it was Monday. I would reply that day. They would reply back, "We'll reply "next week""... Happened a few times. How frustrating. When promised I would receive a "gift card" to Amazon I never received it. Contacted them a few times but they don't seem to care. Probably cause they already have my business.

Policygenius Life Insurance response

We are a small but growing company and critical feedback like yours is necessary for us to improve. While no one likes to get called out on in a public forum, it does demonstrate how poor the experience was for you, in particular with regard to how the matter of your gift card was handled. We are apologetic for this oversight.

You brought this matter to our attention on June 26th and we promptly sent your gift card on June 27th. One of our managers personally handled this matter and notified you that it was resolved on July 1st.

With regards to the timeline of your policy, it generally take up to six weeks for policies to be approved, and I see yours was approved in five weeks. We will be reviewing our procedures to see if improvements need to be made to that timeline. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and I’m pleased we were able to resolve this for you.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if there are any follow-up questions or concerns. Thank you again for the feedback and your business.

Sincerely,
Theresa Silvestro

Operations Manager, Policygenius

Policygenius Life Insurance expert review by Neal Frankle

PolicyGenius is a website that allows you to comparison shop for various types of insurance. PolicyGenius’ life insurance options give you several quotes from leading life insurance providers, and you can apply directly from PolicyGenius.

• Find the coverage you need: If you don’t know how much coverage you need, PolicyGenius can help. PolicyGenius will guide you through the application process and educates you about your options.

• Free life insurance quotes: PolicyGenius gives you several quotes from leading insurance providers for free, and you can apply directly from PolicyGenius.

• Expert team: If you have any questions about life insurance, PolicyGenius has a team of industry experts like CFPs, licensed advisors, and underwriters ready to help. You can chat with or call them any time.

• Life insurance types: PolicyGenius will help you find any type of life insurance you need — term, whole, universal, and variable life insurance are all available through PolicyGenius. If you’re not sure which you need, experts can help you find out.

• Insurance education resources: In addition to its experts, PolicyGenius hosts numerous educational resources about life insurance, like insurance guides, application explanations and daily news updates.

• Best for: consumers who want to choose their life insurance from multiple offers.

Profile picture of Neal Frankle
Neal Frankle Life Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.

Policygenius Life Insurance Company Information