4.83/5
Based on 24 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Policygenius allows you to easily compare and buy life insurance online. In minutes, you can get quotes from over a dozen insurance companies and save up to 40%. With Policygenius, it’s never been easier to compare insurance and apply online.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: March 24, 2018

24 PolicyGenius Life Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: March 24, 2018

Service was very good throughout the process and the agents were very proactive in communication. They made the entire process very easy. Sometimes they over-communicated, but I guess it would work for some people. Overall, I was very happy with their service and would recommend them to other people.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: March 23, 2018

I was skeptical to use PolicyGenius, since I had never heard of it before. Came across it online. From start to finish I was totally satisfied with the fantastic customer service they provided. Everything was done professionally and in a timely manner. They followed up by phone or email on everything. It's rare to find good customer service these days. But PolicygGenius definitely provided it. I was able to get a new policy that was 1/2 the cost of my old.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Everyone was very helpful during the process of acquiring life insurance and kept in touch during the entire process. Would highly recommend PolicyGenius for all the products that they handle. Was very happy overall... I really liked their follow up and I felt that they were on my side and working hard for me.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Great experience. Did a tremendous job of finding me life insurance at an reasonable rate and the amount I needed. I now have peace of mind for the next 20 years. They followed up with me every step of the way. From the initial application to the physical to the final quote, everything was a smooth process. Highly recommend.

Original review: March 23, 2018

The website was easy to navigate and got my quotes super fast. The folks at PolicyGenius were super responseful when I had questions (via phone, email, or chat) and kept me updated throughout the underwriting process. I never bought life insurance the old fashioned way, so it's hard to compare, but I have no complaints.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Policygenius Life Insurance?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 23, 2018

I requested the policy be assigned to my SBA lender on the application. Policy Genius implemented the policy without ensuring this was done. When I approached Policy Genius they told me to work directly with insurance company. This has resulted in a significant delay in the policy being assigned and the closing date of the business loan potentially being delayed. Two stars for price but subtract three stars for not making sure the policy was assigned.

PolicyGenius Life Insurance response
Hey Torey, we appreciate the feedback regarding your experience with us. We work hard to make the process easy for our customers and we apologize that your experience did not feel that way.

Our operations manager will be reaching out to you to ensure we're facilitating the next steps where possible. Thanks again and have a good day!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I'd been dragging my feet and meaning to get life insurance for some years, and PolicyGenius finally got me over the line. It was super helpful to see a bunch of quotes in one place without having to call around, and then they kept the ball rolling so I didn't let the final paperwork slide. The whole process was pretty painless and now it's one less thing to worry about.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Great resource to get exactly the information and coverage you need without having to deal with any archaic agents or unnecessary steps. Comparison shopping and ratings were the best part of the experience as it made it one-stop shopping. Would definitely recommend to anyone shopping around for life insurance.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I recently searched for, applied, and finalized my life insurance policy with PolicyGenius and it was extremely easy! Everything was very straightforward and easy to understand. I was contacted a few times by the PolicyGenius teams for clarification of points on my application, and they did all the legwork to get me the best rate. Highly recommend.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

When the premiums were too high for the first policy I was offered, PolicyGenius helped me find another insurance provider with similar coverage at a much better rate. Their staff was always friendly and helpful. I would recommend them to anyone looking for Life Insurance who doesn't want to deal with traditional agents.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

PolicyGenius helped in my search for a solid life insurance policy. They were very prompt from the start and very responsive throughout the process. They patiently responded to all queries and worked closely with the provider. In the end they helped me get a policy backed by a solid insurance company at a very good rate.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

From the moment I contacted PolicyGenius to the first payment for my life insurance I was extremely pleased. The first person I spoke with clearly explained the entire procedure. He even helped me choose the best insurance company for my needs. Along the way, I received emails explaining everything that was happening every step of the way. Anyone looking for life insurance needs to contact PolicyGenius! Don't go it alone!

PolicyGenius Life Insurance response

Thomas - we're so glad you had a great experience. Thank you for using Policygenius!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Great people! Great service! Great company! I highly recommend using PolicyGenius! I was looking for new life insurance and someone told me about PolicyGenius. They communicate well -- both by phone and email -- and are very helpful and efficient. I got what I was looking for, and at a price that makes sense. And they are all so friendly, too. Thank you to the PolicyGenius team!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I have never been so well treated and informed when working with a life insurance agent. They were prompt, attentive and helped me when the first insurer couldn't offer me the anticipated preferred rate. I would absolutely recommend PolicyGenius!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

We used PolicyGenius to compare different life insurance policies. We ended up finding a company we'd never heard of that had the best rates & best ratings for both of us. We were very pleased with how well the process went & we also loved how you can get text alerts. Highly recommend.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Very easy and straightforward. Minimal customer service needed but when I spoke with them, they were helpful, friendly and professional. Definitely recommend PolicyGenius if you're comparing life insurance options out there. Very happy with the quality and service I received.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

PolicyGenius was very helpful during the process of purchasing life insurance. They were open and honest about the different life insurance providers and the benefits and drawbacks to each. It was nice to have their advice with so many different providers out there.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

They had great rates and were easy to use. In general the process of getting life insurance can be a little overwhelming, but they had great customer service and cared about making the experience as easy as possible. I would recommend them to others.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I'm not going to lie... insurance is intimidating. PolicyGenius made it easy for me to apply for life insurance and made a seemingly complicated process easy. I was able to get the application started via my mobile and friendly agents were able to help me along the way. I entered in all my information online and was able to compare different options at the click of a button. I really like that I was able to find a well known provider via the platform and feel confident that I got the best policy for me.

Customer support was great! I had recently gotten married and had a lot of questions about what policy made the most sense for me and my new family. They also did an awesome job following up with me when it was convenient for me, all the while being friendly and knowledgeable about the process. Once I picked a provider, they helped facilitate the medical exam, which was super easy and provided in house before work so I didn't have to schlep anywhere. Results were ready immediately and I was able to get insured asap! I'm so glad I was able to use PolicyGenius to help make a complicated process easy. I've already shared my experience with all my friends and family! I couldn't be happier about it!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I recently got married, so knew I needed to get life insurance. I used Policygenius to compare quotes from a number of top companies, and then purchased an AIG policy through them. I loved all the tools to help me not only compare policy prices, but to also compare the plan features. The agent I spoke to on the phone, Alex, was super helpful! He answered all my questions, and I never felt like I was getting sold. Throughout the process, I got updates as to what was happening with my application, which I appreciated. The whole process took less than 4 weeks, which was quicker than what was communicated. Thank you Policygenius!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Lots of hard work. Great People at the company. Thanks to Jennie ** and Kelly **, I appreciate your help. The best customer service and work ethic. The agents are so kind & helpful. I would recommend this company to everyone.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Easy to use. The website provided rate illustrations from dozens of insurers, so it was easy to pick the best rate. Follow-up from the brokers via phone and email was very helpful. It made the process of shopping and enrolling for life insurance, which can be a very user-unfriendly process, very simple. I'm happy with the insurer I ended up selecting, the coverage I'm getting, and the price I'm paying.

Policygenius Life Insurance expert review by Neal Frankle

PolicyGenius is a website that allows you to comparison shop for various types of insurance. PolicyGenius’ life insurance options gives you several quotes from leading life insurance providers. You can apply for insurance directly from PolicyGenius.

• Find the coverage you need: If you don’t know how much coverage you need, PolicyGenius can help. PolicyGenius will guide you through the application process and educates you about your options.

• Free life insurance quotes: PolicyGenius gives you several quotes from leading insurance providers for free. You can apply for insurance from these providers directly from PolicyGenius.

• Expert team: If you have any questions about life insurance, PolicyGenius has a team consisting of industry experts like CFPs, licensed advisors and underwriters ready to help. You can chat with or call them any time.

• Life insurance types: PolicyGenius will help you find any type of life insurance you need. Term, whole, universal and variable life insurance are all available through PolicyGenius. If you’re not sure which you need, experts can help you find out.

• Insurance education resources: In addition to its experts, PolicyGenius hosts numerous educational resources about life insurance. These includes insurance guides, application explanations and daily news updates.

• Best for: consumers who want to choose their life insurance from multiple offers.

Profile picture of Neal Frankle
Neal Frankle

Life Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.

PolicyGenius Life Insurance Company Information