4.76/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Policygenius allows you to easily compare and buy life insurance online. In minutes, you can get quotes from over a dozen insurance companies and save up to 40%. With Policygenius, it’s never been easier to compare insurance and apply online.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Policygenius Life Insurance Reviews

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

My husband has had life insurance with the same company for over 30 years. As he approached the age of 65 the premium doubled to over $450 a month. We could not afford that! I searched for alternatives and found Policygenius. After researching the company and finding many positive reviews I gave them a call. I spoke with Jake **. He was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. I gave him as much information as I could then it was up to my husband to complete the process. If you've been married for any amount of time you know you can't MAKE your spouse do anything and it took him a while to follow up. Jake ** was very considerate in reaching out to us to help move the application along and make sure we were informed every step of the way. We now have an affordable life insurance policy for my husband and we're very happy with the service and the product that Policygenius provided to us.

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I needed life insurance and turned to PolicyGenius. I applied with a company that ended up denying me after providing all of the information they requested. I was bummed out that I'd have to start the process all over again, but I didn't have to! The folks at PolicyGenius found me another company, and I ended up getting my life insurance through them. Throughout the entire time, they proactively kept me in the loop. Every step of the way, they were there. I can't recommend them enough. I will use them again in the future.

Policygenius Life Insurance response

Tanisha, we are so happy to have been able to find coverage for you and that it was a great experience! Thank you for the review. - Theresa S.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

This was such an easy process. They had a quick questionnaire when I first inquired. It gave immediate prices so I could see what was being offered and if it was a good fit for me. Someone followed up shortly after. I’m a business owner, wife and mom - so I’m very busy and it seemed like everything was quick and easy to manage. Great prices and everyone was incredibly friendly to work with. I highly recommend working with policy genius no matter what your needs are - they found a great fit for my husband and I, our situation, family and future planning.

Policygenius Life Insurance response

We appreciate the review, Rachel! Policygenius strives to make insurance buying easy & transparent. - Theresa S.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Quick, painless, and easy to work with. Oh, and it saved me a ton of money on existing policies. A few forms online, a quick phone call, and we had policies ready to sign in a couple of days. They also were accommodating on minor tweaks or hypothetical scenarios. I'm confident that they will help me shop around regularly to keep competitive rates, coverage, and so forth. It helped us cut costs and expand our coverage to make sure we have just what we need.

Original review: July 23, 2019

The process was very user friendly and thorough. I was called back after I submitted my information. The customer service rep was knowledgeable and courteous. I have recommended this to family and friends. Follow up was good as well. Once everything was in, I was able to relax.

Policygenius Life Insurance response

Carol, I'm so pleased to hear you had a great experience with us! Thank you so much for your kind words. - Theresa S.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Policygenius Life Insurance?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Policygenius helped us save by finding the best rates for life insurance that worked for us. They facilitate the process and made it as seamless as possible. Would recommend for anyone looking to save and secure life insurance for their family.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

The process was very easy and fast. I liked the low pressure approach, too. In the end, I got the coverage I wanted at a good price. They made it very easy for my spouse and I to apply for insurance at the same time. We were able to schedule our medical exams at the same time even though we ended up with different carriers.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Policygenius provided very quick and easy communication, while staying respectful and it never felt pushy through the entire process. I don't think this process could be any easier and I hope this company and this business model replaces the current insurance industry. Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I used the PolicyGenius site to review what options were available to me in setting up a term life policy. Their communication during the evaluation process was clear and the options were outstanding. They set up everything to get the underwriting process going and, in the end, the policy ended up costing less than the quote. Their service was awesome and I would absolutely recommend the experience.

Policygenius Life Insurance response

Jennifer - thank you for your kind review! I'm so pleased you had a great experience with us. - Theresa S.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

Policygenius helped me obtain life insurance quotes quickly. Within a several weeks, I was able to find and secure a life insurance policy that will protect my loved ones. I'm truly glad I was able to do business with Policygenius. I have told all of my friends about their service.

Policygenius Life Insurance response

Sean - Thank you for your kind words. I'm so happy to hear we are able to give you peace of mind. - Theresa S.

Policygenius Life Insurance expert review by Neal Frankle

PolicyGenius is a website that allows you to comparison shop for various types of insurance. PolicyGenius’ life insurance options give you several quotes from leading life insurance providers, and you can apply directly from PolicyGenius.

• Find the coverage you need: If you don’t know how much coverage you need, PolicyGenius can help. PolicyGenius will guide you through the application process and educates you about your options.

• Free life insurance quotes: PolicyGenius gives you several quotes from leading insurance providers for free, and you can apply directly from PolicyGenius.

• Expert team: If you have any questions about life insurance, PolicyGenius has a team of industry experts like CFPs, licensed advisors, and underwriters ready to help. You can chat with or call them any time.

• Life insurance types: PolicyGenius will help you find any type of life insurance you need — term, whole, universal, and variable life insurance are all available through PolicyGenius. If you’re not sure which you need, experts can help you find out.

• Insurance education resources: In addition to its experts, PolicyGenius hosts numerous educational resources about life insurance, like insurance guides, application explanations and daily news updates.

• Best for: consumers who want to choose their life insurance from multiple offers.

Profile picture of Neal Frankle
Neal Frankle Life Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.

Policygenius Life Insurance Company Information