4.82/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Policygenius allows you to easily compare and buy life insurance online. In minutes, you can get quotes from over a dozen insurance companies and save up to 40%. With Policygenius, it’s never been easier to compare insurance and apply online.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

41 PolicyGenius Life Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

They were very helpful and made buying life Insurance easy. I was wasting time shopping around without getting anywhere. It was nice to find one site to get multiple quotes and not give my personal information to 100 different sites. Very fast and helpful. I would definitely recommend.

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I was very pleased with the ease and accessibility of shopping for life insurance through PolicyGenius. They were very helpful and made sure to find the best product for me and my situation. I was very confident in the process and the people at PolicyGenius.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Signed up for life insurance for my wife and I. This was by far the easiest way to get several quotes without having to send a bunch of different insurance companies my info. The rates we got through PolicyGenius were a good bit cheaper than what I’d been quoted by a financial planner. They kept in touch along the way and just made it simple.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

PolicyGenius gave me the best quote and service than I have gotten from any insurance company! They got me insurance with the company I wanted at a lower rate than any other place I tried. I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I am 62 years old and I applied for life insurance along with my wife a few months ago with Policy Genius. We had an amazing experience! The process was so simple and everyone was so nice! We got an amazing price which actually was about half of what anyone else was quoting us! I am very pleased with everything and would highly recommend this company to anyone interested in purchasing insurance. We could not be more satisfied!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Policygenius Life Insurance?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

When searching for life insurance for my husband and myself to replace expiring policy, they were awesome to deal with. Husband's went smoother than my own. After a few misunderstandings, PolicyGenius reached out to the company and made sure my policy was correct and in force. Wonderful to deal with and I would recommend them highly.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

My experience with PolicyGenius was very satisfying. I was looking for a term life insurance policy. Once I contacted them, they explained the process, took down only relevant information and helped move the process along very smoothly. They accommodated delays on my part very politely and helped me stay on course. A huge thumbs up from me for the ease with which I was able to have the medical tests completed, obtain the results and select the most appropriate policy from a reputed company.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

From the beginning to the end, the people at PolicyGenius were awesome! I had been looking for a policy on my own and got sick and tired of having my phone "blow up". They took the stress away and walked me through it with ease. I now have the policy I want and I can't thank them enough for their diligence. You won't regret it should you decide to get some help from them. I would recommend them to anyone! I already have!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

When my husband and I found ourselves without life insurance because of an unexpected job layoff, the team at PolicyGenius provided immediate and excellent service. PolicyGenius took the guesswork and legwork out of our life insurance search, assisting us secure reputable carriers who provided reasonably-priced and well-suited life insurance policies. A real time and money saver at a critical time in our lives!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

PolicyGenius changes the way you buy insurance. For the first time ever, I felt like I knew what was happening with the insurance process and that my input mattered. Fast. Friendly. Responsive. Helpful. Game changing. Buying insurance was actually a pleasant experience.

Original review: June 25, 2018

We had been dragging our heels applying for life insurance because the process can be complex and require a lot of paperwork. PolicyGenius made comparing policies easy and did not restrict our options to just a few. They will try to upsell, but they are not pushy about it. When we decided which policies were best for us, PolicyGenius handled all the scheduling and logistics of paperwork so that nothing would be missed or listed incorrectly. Great experience.

Original review: June 22, 2018

PolicyGenius made it easy for me to shop for a low rate. It's like using Kayak for travel plans -- one stop to look for the right provider. The UI is really well done, with simplicity in mind (but with supplemental articles available for when I wanted more information). I didn't have to deal directly with the insurance company at all. After I applied online, PG called me to complete the application. After the physical exam, they kept me posted via email as to the status of my application, and when everything was ready to go, I digitally signed my document. I even got the rate I was initially quoted!

Original review: May 10, 2018

I was looking to change my life insurance provider due to rising costs. PolicyGenius was so quick and easy and everyone I spoke with was great! They fit my schedule for testing and it was easy. Thanks so much!

Original review: May 7, 2018

I was a bit hesitant to purchase life insurance but this company took out all of the footwork for me. They presented me with top rated companies at a great price for me to choose from and they were able to get me the maximum coverage for my family. I am really thankful.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Talking about efficiency, they call, text and email me for reminder and/or updates. Each and every representative that I’ve spoken with are nice and pleasant with good product knowledge. My husband and I are happy with PolicyGenius, keep up the good work????

Original review: May 4, 2018

I work in the life insurance industry and I decided to work with PolicyGenius because of the simplicity of their process. Their carriers are top notch and their communication throughout the process made this a great experience. I strongly recommend policygenius for anyone looking for life insurance or other insurance options. I have already referred over three friends and family members.

Original review: April 27, 2018

They gave me no information about where my insurance application was in the process. They texted my phone even though I asked them not to. I also had to contact the insurance company multiple times on my own because PolicyGenius did not know what was going on. I think they made it more difficult because sometimes I would get conflicting information. Do not use them. Judging by the other positive reviews I can only assume they have gone downhill. Bad customer service. Bad experience.

PolicyGenius Life Insurance response

Thanks for sharing feedback on your experience Justin. We apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations in this instance. We take all feedback seriously and have thoroughly researched your case. In the event there are additional insights you'd like to share after our call today, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Service was very good throughout the process and the agents were very proactive in communication. They made the entire process very easy. Sometimes they over-communicated, but I guess it would work for some people. Overall, I was very happy with their service and would recommend them to other people.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I was skeptical to use PolicyGenius, since I had never heard of it before. Came across it online. From start to finish I was totally satisfied with the fantastic customer service they provided. Everything was done professionally and in a timely manner. They followed up by phone or email on everything. It's rare to find good customer service these days. But PolicygGenius definitely provided it. I was able to get a new policy that was 1/2 the cost of my old.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Everyone was very helpful during the process of acquiring life insurance and kept in touch during the entire process. Would highly recommend PolicyGenius for all the products that they handle. Was very happy overall... I really liked their follow up and I felt that they were on my side and working hard for me.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Great experience. Did a tremendous job of finding me life insurance at an reasonable rate and the amount I needed. I now have peace of mind for the next 20 years. They followed up with me every step of the way. From the initial application to the physical to the final quote, everything was a smooth process. Highly recommend.

Original review: March 23, 2018

The website was easy to navigate and got my quotes super fast. The folks at PolicyGenius were super responseful when I had questions (via phone, email, or chat) and kept me updated throughout the underwriting process. I never bought life insurance the old fashioned way, so it's hard to compare, but I have no complaints.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I requested the policy be assigned to my SBA lender on the application. Policy Genius implemented the policy without ensuring this was done. When I approached Policy Genius they told me to work directly with insurance company. This has resulted in a significant delay in the policy being assigned and the closing date of the business loan potentially being delayed. Two stars for price but subtract three stars for not making sure the policy was assigned.

PolicyGenius Life Insurance response
Hey Torey, we appreciate the feedback regarding your experience with us. We work hard to make the process easy for our customers and we apologize that your experience did not feel that way.

Our operations manager will be reaching out to you to ensure we're facilitating the next steps where possible. Thanks again and have a good day!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I'd been dragging my feet and meaning to get life insurance for some years, and PolicyGenius finally got me over the line. It was super helpful to see a bunch of quotes in one place without having to call around, and then they kept the ball rolling so I didn't let the final paperwork slide. The whole process was pretty painless and now it's one less thing to worry about.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Great resource to get exactly the information and coverage you need without having to deal with any archaic agents or unnecessary steps. Comparison shopping and ratings were the best part of the experience as it made it one-stop shopping. Would definitely recommend to anyone shopping around for life insurance.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I recently searched for, applied, and finalized my life insurance policy with PolicyGenius and it was extremely easy! Everything was very straightforward and easy to understand. I was contacted a few times by the PolicyGenius teams for clarification of points on my application, and they did all the legwork to get me the best rate. Highly recommend.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

When the premiums were too high for the first policy I was offered, PolicyGenius helped me find another insurance provider with similar coverage at a much better rate. Their staff was always friendly and helpful. I would recommend them to anyone looking for Life Insurance who doesn't want to deal with traditional agents.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

PolicyGenius helped in my search for a solid life insurance policy. They were very prompt from the start and very responsive throughout the process. They patiently responded to all queries and worked closely with the provider. In the end they helped me get a policy backed by a solid insurance company at a very good rate.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

From the moment I contacted PolicyGenius to the first payment for my life insurance I was extremely pleased. The first person I spoke with clearly explained the entire procedure. He even helped me choose the best insurance company for my needs. Along the way, I received emails explaining everything that was happening every step of the way. Anyone looking for life insurance needs to contact PolicyGenius! Don't go it alone!

PolicyGenius Life Insurance response

Thomas - we're so glad you had a great experience. Thank you for using Policygenius!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Great people! Great service! Great company! I highly recommend using PolicyGenius! I was looking for new life insurance and someone told me about PolicyGenius. They communicate well -- both by phone and email -- and are very helpful and efficient. I got what I was looking for, and at a price that makes sense. And they are all so friendly, too. Thank you to the PolicyGenius team!

Policygenius Life Insurance expert review by Neal Frankle

PolicyGenius is a website that allows you to comparison shop for various types of insurance. PolicyGenius’ life insurance options gives you several quotes from leading life insurance providers. You can apply for insurance directly from PolicyGenius.

• Find the coverage you need: If you don’t know how much coverage you need, PolicyGenius can help. PolicyGenius will guide you through the application process and educates you about your options.

• Free life insurance quotes: PolicyGenius gives you several quotes from leading insurance providers for free. You can apply for insurance from these providers directly from PolicyGenius.

• Expert team: If you have any questions about life insurance, PolicyGenius has a team consisting of industry experts like CFPs, licensed advisors and underwriters ready to help. You can chat with or call them any time.

• Life insurance types: PolicyGenius will help you find any type of life insurance you need. Term, whole, universal and variable life insurance are all available through PolicyGenius. If you’re not sure which you need, experts can help you find out.

• Insurance education resources: In addition to its experts, PolicyGenius hosts numerous educational resources about life insurance. These includes insurance guides, application explanations and daily news updates.

• Best for: consumers who want to choose their life insurance from multiple offers.

Profile picture of Neal Frankle
Neal Frankle Life Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.

PolicyGenius Life Insurance Company Information