2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.39/5

Plymouth Rock Assurance has made a name for themselves by putting customers first. Plymouth Rock offers home, renters and auto insurance to clients in the northeastern United States. Plymouth Rock Assurance in an InsuraMatch partner. For quotes from Plymouth Rock Assurance and more, call InsuraMatch. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance Gallery (3)
View More View More

Get matched with an Insurance Provider

See if you can save today on Everquote

Find my match

Get matched with an Insurance Provider

See if you can save today on Everquote

Find my match

Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

This company doesn’t put the client first. They will collect the premiums but not pay claims when you need them. It took the company 48 hours to respond to my first claim. It’s been over 2 weeks and no settlement in place.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Last night, I was stuck on the side of the road with a flat tire. I called the roadside assistance number I had been given. The operator answered promptly. The wait was less than 30 seconds. The operator started asking for my information, to look me up in the system. The operator tried my name, my phone number, and MY ACTUAL POLICY NUMBER, and could not find me in the system.

I had the operator repeat my policy number back to me twice, to ensure that it had been received correctly. Their alternate options were basically the same as me figuring it out on my own, so I just figured it out on my own. I'm not sure why I have roadside assistance on my policy with Plymouth Rock if I'm going to be left to figure it out on my own like this. Also, I verified this morning that the number I called was the correct number by calling the home office and checking with them. It was correct.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I was in an auto accident, and almost a week later after accepting fault, they still have yet to resolve the auto claim. They are delaying the resolution because of the said excuse "please wait while we investigate our client, his coverage may be canceled or lowered due to the results." It only takes a few mins to see if someone has coverage, much less to investigate their coverage. Their constant stalling is very shady and unethical. Meanwhile, my vehicle is totaled and awaiting insurance claims. I cannot drive my vehicle, it's completely disabled and I cannot provide for my family while my vehicle is disabled.

Original review: July 23, 2018

They would not give up until I was satisfied. They paid for damages on the other car that I did not cause, just to avoid going to court, then they tripled my rates. Plymouth Rock cared about what was the best for me. My former insurance company was not interested in protecting me.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Never left a bad review before, but, Plymouth Rock is the worst car insurer (what is an "assurance company?" ) I've insured many cars with them over the last 22 years. A friend visiting us borrowed my car to go to the supermarket. She accidentally slightly tapped the front corner of another car with no damage to mine. After 22 years with absolutely no claims or tickets at all, they refused to renew my policy because they claimed she lived with me, (that would be news to my wife)! Their premiums are cheap, but BUYER BEWARE. Best to go to Progressive or maybe. NJ CURE. There is enough to worry about daily, not to have to worry about your car insurance. I need some piece of mind, don't you? I will obviously be entering a claim with the state insurance board.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance?

Original review: June 19, 2018

I started looking for a new insurance company after I had Progressive and I was tired of the bill being different every month. I found Plymouth Rock Insurance and they quoted me about 1/3 of what I was paying Progressive and they were by far the lowest anywhere, so I took the deal. Now, after my first 6 month term is up, the premium has nearly doubled!! (They are still less than the others, but I feel cheated because they quoted me one thing.) Nothing has changed as far as drivers, cars, driving records, etc. I planned on this being the bill every month, and now, it is twice the amount that I was quoted.

Original review: May 25, 2018

When we had to add out 2 teenage sons to the policy Plymouth was very helpful in providing rates and keeping ours as low as possible. When compared to other insurances, their rates were better because we had been long time members.

Original review: April 30, 2018

They provide quality Insurance with a competitive rating that is better than most companies that provide insurance to my area. I also like that they provide all documents in a timely manner, that is easily understandable. I purchase my insurance through an independent agent, so I had no contact with the company directly, the agent handles all communication. I had great service from my agent. But I wish their late fees at Plymouth were more reasonable, being chronically ill, I sometimes am late because my illness prevents me from being able to get to the bank on time. When you live on a fixed income it is hard to budget those high fees.

Original review: April 29, 2018

All I needed was my driver license number and VIN number for my car, and we had the policy set up within a 20min phone convo and Plymouth Rock emailed me proof of insurance immediately. They have competitive rates and the website is easy to access. And the fact that we used me ATM card for my first payment makes it a convenient option to start the policy. It is easy and simple to make a payment or make changes to my policy, with their website. Every time I have ever had to call them, the customer service rep was always helpful and direct to the point. I also feel that their customer service skills are outstanding. They do whatever they have to to help solve the problem I may have. The only thing I would improve is making less of a wait time on the phone to get a hold of a customer service rep. They have everything else pretty well covered.

Original review: April 28, 2018

An on time paying, no claims customer for many years of both home and auto with Plymouth Rock, never any issues until there was. I purchased a home owners insurance policy and after the company wrote the policy and took full payment, 9 days later I received a letter saying that not only is the annual premium being raised but there is a threat to cancel because of moss on the roof which there is NOT and overhanging branches which there is NOT.

To that I say to Plymouth Rock, Congratulations! Because you took my money and then turned around and threatened to cancel plus raise the rate for things that don't exist, you just lost yourself 30 years of business from me on both home and auto insurance. 30 years of annual payments to come are now down the drain. Hope it was worth it!! Bye bye Plymouth Rock! Good luck! The picture proves my claim, Anyone see moss? I sure don't. I guess they make up things to justify sketchy behavior, but I'll have no part of it Thank you!

Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance Company Information