Fast Free Quotes

3. Car Insurance
ConsumerAffairs Verified Brand

Request Information
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.39/5

Plymouth Rock Assurance has made a name for themselves by putting customers first. Plymouth Rock offers home, renters and auto insurance to clients in the northeastern United States. Plymouth Rock Assurance in an InsuraMatch partner. For quotes from Plymouth Rock Assurance and more, call InsuraMatch. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance Gallery (3)
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Many reviewers have been with Progressive for more than 10 years.

PROS

• Advanced quote discount
  • Get-home-safe service
  • On-the-spot appraisal after an accident
  • Club member discount
  • Door-to-door valet claim service

CONS

• Some customers experienced a delay in claims processing times
  • Serves a limited number of states

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

Plymouth Rock was the cheapest best insurance I found I’ll give them that. BUT, unfortunately I was in an accident October 25th and I took my car to the collision center that works with this company and Plymouth Rock called me today on Christmas Eve to tell me my car is totaled. After it was estimated to be fixed. Why on earth would they call to tell me this on CHRISTMAS EVE! I’m very upset and sad and it basically ruined my holiday. So thank you Plymouth Rock for such a wonderful Christmas present!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I filed a claim on November 20th, 2019. It’s going on almost a month and my claim is still not resolved. I’ve never experienced a company that exhibited such poor communication. They don’t return calls, they don’t respond to email, and their appraising companies are just as negligent. I’ve only had a few claims in my driving experience. But this is by far the worst. I cannot wait until this issue is resolved because I am dropping them immediately. I do not recommend this company.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Had an awful experience with Plymouth Rock as my carrier. I was in an accident in December 2018. It was a hit and run where a car slammed into my rear then fled the scene. Luckily I was able to snap a pic of the vehicle. I reported the accident and police worked to identify the assailant. Plymouth Rock was completely useless throughout the experience which ended up lasting 9+ months. I would follow-up every few weeks with my representative assigned to the case. They would never be able to provide any assistance or update (I had to front the deductible and other associated costs with the accident and rental but I believe that is standard practice and no fault of them). A few times they claimed they would get back to me, or follow-up with item 'X', or that I would be reimbursed for this purchase, yet none of that EVER happened. I got my insurance agent involved and he was also useless, just saying that there was nothing he could do.

Finally, the assailant's insurance carrier was identified, Progressive, and they worked to complete the case and reimburse me for my lost funds. Progressive was fantastic in contacting me, following up, and keeping me updated. I felt like this progressive representative was in my corner. Plymouth rock would not even respond to my communication. The case was eventually closed out, still without response from Plymouth Rock. I eventually cancelled my plymouth rock policy and moved to progressive!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Not honest company. Removed a car from my current insurance - (we had 3 cars listed) and I was paying for that car $1044 a year, well they reduced my annual premium only about $400... Looking for another car insurance.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

I barely got into accidents. However, I was hit by a supervisor on my way to work, they didn't have the right of way and they had a stop sign as well and I’m not satisfied of how they handled it. Plus the representative was bipolar, she got emotional for me but then became RUDE. Which, of course made me feel unappreciated as their insurance member.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

Our house was hit, TWICE, by a drunk driver (they hit our house, backed up and hit it head on and they were arrested and charged with a DUI). The driver had Plymouth Rock auto Insurance. They sent their claims specialist to check our rod iron fencing that was completely ripped out of the ground, our front porch that the side of it was destroyed, the siding that was ruined (which is the old asbestos siding) and the power line that runs into our electrical meter that is stripped in areas. They then asked us to get a contractor to get an estimate for the materials and labor. This took at least a month because the fencing was solid rod iron, not a molded rod iron and probably from the 1950's. We sent them the estimate from the contractor they told us they received it and then they ghosted us for about another 5 weeks. (5 weeks of us calling them and leaving messages asking them to call us back.)

They told us they sent us a letter, they sent us a check, they sent us the adjuster's estimate and NONE of these things happened and they acted surprised when they realized they hadn't sent any of this information out. It took the associate almost 6 tries to send us an email, while we were on the phone with the associate. We still haven't reached a resolution for this and winter is fast approaching. The cracked and broken siding is going to have snow and ice in and behind it, our front porch mason work that is destroyed is going to have snow and ice behind it, which is going to cause more damage. All we want is to get our stuff fixed.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I had another insurance company that I was just done with and I needed new insurance and I chose them best on price. Big mistake by me. They told me a transaction didn't go through while I had direct deposit a month before my I was suppose to renew. I they told me the numbers from my bank were off which didn't make sense only because I didn't need to to use my direct deposit until that month. So they pulled me off of direct deposit without my knowledge and jacked the price from 170 to 210 and when I asked why it was higher than Charlie Sheen on a bender they didn't even have a solid answer. I didn't. They just kept trying to sell me more insurance after they raised my rates. The tittle should speak for itself. Please don't get their insurance. It's the worst I've ever had. Worst my last company and that's really saying something.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I contacted Plymouth Rock on my daughter's recommendation and obtained auto and rental insurance on July 25, 2019. That was the beginning of the worse experience I have ever had in my 72 years of life. I was quoted one price and was actually billed something totally different. The company was not able to supply my complex with a “Declaration Page”. Instead they offered a letter on their stationery which of course was unacceptable by my complex, I had to obtain a different policy which still was not acceptable by my complex. I then had no other choice but to obtain insurance through a different company, still have to pay for the renter insurance through Plymouth Rock. However, my auto insurance still remains wrong.

I spoke to several different individuals, supervisor Sherri 8/12 who assured me the problem with me receiving my Insurance card would be resolved, the card was sent to my complex without an apartment number on it. The complex has 699 units so of course I never got the card. The same day 8/12 I spoke to Jordan in Direct Sales who gave me a different Renter policy and quoted me a much better price, however, the correct information was never put in the system and of course when my due date for payment arrived PLYMOUTH ROCK took double the amount I was quoted, thereby over drawing my account and put my account in the minus by $92.00.

It is now 8/28. Once again I had to call PLYMOUTH ROCK, initially the individual whom I won’t name was EXTREMELY ARROGANT until I became belligerent extremely nasty with some choice words and requesting to speak with her supervisor. She then apologized and offered to resolve my immediate issues, I was put on hold several times then she informed me she notice all the times I had called and the changes had not been put in the system, thus my account had been over drawn because of their unprofessionalism and neglect to their customers, especially senior citizens.

I would never ever refer anyone to Plymouth Rock and will be reporting this business to the BBB. I have never been so upset and traumatized by such unprofessionalism and individuals' inability to do their jobs. I understand mistakes happen but not consistently by each and everyone I came in contact with. I WILL BE SEEKING OTHER INSURANCE COMPANIES SO THAT PLYMOUTH ROCK CAN BECOME A BAD DREAM AND OUT OF MY LIFE FOREVER.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

It's tough trying to get them on the phone, then they can never answer your question and send you to another dept. and then another dept. They also don't follow up on new items that should be taken off your policy. You have to push and push.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Am a Plymouth Rock Customer for the past 12 or more years. Paid for "Accident forgiveness". When they renewed me in Sept. 2018, rates went up like 25%. Called to ask, they said "Oh, it's because we changed our underwriting protocol (or something like that). Good news, since you haven't had a re-underwrite in three years, you are eligible for a re-underwriting though." Now, I do not understand how they just jack customer rates based on a change in how they rate you. But even more perplexing is that when my Agent did the re-underwrite, the rates DID come down to more or less where they had been. So OK, let's just do this.

Now while this is going on, I had a small fender bender. Although I still maintain it wasn't my fault (he hit me, I was standing still!) it got written up as my fault. No big deal I thought, for the first time in 12 years I'll use the accident forgiveness that I PAY for. Except then the Agent calls. The accident forgiveness is on the old policy. The new underwriting isn't in force yet, so it's now going to be more or less the same because of the accident. I said WHAT?

I tried to call and explain to the Reps at Plymouth Rock. Even went to the Customer Service Rep supervisors. I explained that paying $1,000 a year more was not fair, and that shouldn't somehow my accident forgiveness from the existing policy carry to the "new" underwriting? I mean it's really quite customer unfriendly that, in order to NOT pay $1,000 more, I have to have the Policy re-written to begin with - why can't they just look at my 12 year claim free policy and apply the same rate method to it? She got it, and said she would certainly take it up and get back to me; I did this TWICE. No one EVER called back. So I got stuck paying an extra grand for my 2018-2019.

They screwed a 12 year customer without a care, and all I got was a lot of double speak from (very NICE) customer service reps about how underwriting changed. I don't CARE what you did internally. And why in the name of the Lord would the new underwriting method charge me almost $1,000 more as an existing customer than it does if it's written up like I was a new customer (rhetorical question, you do the math).

Bottom line is they are HAPPY to SCREW their long time customers and make it at best inconvenient for you to do anything about it. And if they would do this to me (and they DID), they WILL eventually do it to you, rest assured. Save yourself the grief - AVOID this SCAM house like they are the BLACK PLAGUE!! Don't say nobody warned you!

Not sure about Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right car insurance for you.

Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance is an insurance provider that serves drivers in Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and New Hampshire. Policyholders can report claims 24 hours a day, and Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance's sales center is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 7 p.m. EST.

• Licensed agents: The company's agents are licensed to work in Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and New Hampshire to meet the concerns of local drivers.

• Savings pass: Policyholders in Massachusetts can receive discounts at several auto-related businesses, including those that provide oil changes, car rentals and repairs.

• Door-to-door valet claims: Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance will pick up damaged cars for homes, offices and other locations to have them repaired, even when policyholders do not have time to visit their mechanics.

• Mobile adjuster services: Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance has a Crashbusters van that can visit accident sites to quickly assess damages and issue checks for vehicle repairs.

• Online claims status: The company's website makes it easy for policyholders to check their claim statuses and details.

• Best for: Drivers who prefer local companies, drivers who want discounts and drivers who want extra services on car insurance policies.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor