2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.39/5

Plymouth Rock Assurance has made a name for themselves by putting customers first. Plymouth Rock offers home, renters and auto insurance to clients in the northeastern United States. Plymouth Rock Assurance in an InsuraMatch partner. For quotes from Plymouth Rock Assurance and more, call InsuraMatch. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance Gallery (3)

BOTTOM LINE

Many reviewers have been with Progressive for more than 10 years.

PROS

• Advanced quote discount
  • Get-home-safe service
  • On-the-spot appraisal after an accident
  • Club member discount
  • Door-to-door valet claim service

CONS

• Some customers experienced a delay in claims processing times
  • Serves a limited number of states

Get matched with an Insurance Provider

See if you can save today on Everquote

Find my match

Get matched with an Insurance Provider

See if you can save today on Everquote

Find my match

Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance?

Original review: April 21, 2020

I wrecked my van in Feb 2020 on a Sunday (my fault). I called up to repair the accident and spoke with a woman who said she'd send out a claims adjuster Tuesday b/c Monday was a holiday. The claims adjuster was there Tuesday at noon, figure out the estimate and I had a check in my hand on Thursday or Friday (I was not expecting that). I brought the vehicle to be repaired and they found additional damage and Bertera Collision Repair center worked with Plymouth Rock to have the additional work covered. I don't think things could have gone any better and I even made a video about my experience which you can watch here: **.

Original review: April 16, 2020

I chose this company because it had the best rates. They took 3 payments from me and are now saying they will not cover me because I have an ABOVE ground outdoor oil tank (like every other house in the area). If this is their policy the application should have been declined before payment was made. They should have asked before issuing a policy. Now my policy is canceled and I have to shop around again.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2020

Alright so the only reason I chose this insurance is because at a Honda Dealership it was recommended by the seller. I previously had GEICO, I was lazy to call for a quote. P.R has poor and slow customer service. IT'S A MISSION TO GET CUSTOMER SERVICE CARE AS OFTEN. My biggest strike out was getting different total amounts for my insurance renewal, went from 200 monthly to 235, back to 210 when the rep John ** supposedly fixed it. Then my payment went to 205, and the final; my payment was going to go through on the 8 of April and on the 3rd I got notified I was going Roger charged $335!!! Mind you we are going through the COVID-19 unemployed. Switched back to GEICO, easy customer service, offering 15% off your policy due to the issue, paying 50$ less. I am 24 with a license since 17, no accidents, clean record.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

Plymouth Rock was the cheapest best insurance I found I’ll give them that. BUT, unfortunately I was in an accident October 25th and I took my car to the collision center that works with this company and Plymouth Rock called me today on Christmas Eve to tell me my car is totaled. After it was estimated to be fixed. Why on earth would they call to tell me this on CHRISTMAS EVE! I’m very upset and sad and it basically ruined my holiday. So thank you Plymouth Rock for such a wonderful Christmas present!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I filed a claim on November 20th, 2019. It’s going on almost a month and my claim is still not resolved. I’ve never experienced a company that exhibited such poor communication. They don’t return calls, they don’t respond to email, and their appraising companies are just as negligent. I’ve only had a few claims in my driving experience. But this is by far the worst. I cannot wait until this issue is resolved because I am dropping them immediately. I do not recommend this company.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Had an awful experience with Plymouth Rock as my carrier. I was in an accident in December 2018. It was a hit and run where a car slammed into my rear then fled the scene. Luckily I was able to snap a pic of the vehicle. I reported the accident and police worked to identify the assailant. Plymouth Rock was completely useless throughout the experience which ended up lasting 9+ months. I would follow-up every few weeks with my representative assigned to the case. They would never be able to provide any assistance or update (I had to front the deductible and other associated costs with the accident and rental but I believe that is standard practice and no fault of them). A few times they claimed they would get back to me, or follow-up with item 'X', or that I would be reimbursed for this purchase, yet none of that EVER happened. I got my insurance agent involved and he was also useless, just saying that there was nothing he could do.

Finally, the assailant's insurance carrier was identified, Progressive, and they worked to complete the case and reimburse me for my lost funds. Progressive was fantastic in contacting me, following up, and keeping me updated. I felt like this progressive representative was in my corner. Plymouth rock would not even respond to my communication. The case was eventually closed out, still without response from Plymouth Rock. I eventually cancelled my plymouth rock policy and moved to progressive!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Not honest company. Removed a car from my current insurance - (we had 3 cars listed) and I was paying for that car $1044 a year, well they reduced my annual premium only about $400... Looking for another car insurance.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

I barely got into accidents. However, I was hit by a supervisor on my way to work, they didn't have the right of way and they had a stop sign as well and I’m not satisfied of how they handled it. Plus the representative was bipolar, she got emotional for me but then became RUDE. Which, of course made me feel unappreciated as their insurance member.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

Our house was hit, TWICE, by a drunk driver (they hit our house, backed up and hit it head on and they were arrested and charged with a DUI). The driver had Plymouth Rock auto Insurance. They sent their claims specialist to check our rod iron fencing that was completely ripped out of the ground, our front porch that the side of it was destroyed, the siding that was ruined (which is the old asbestos siding) and the power line that runs into our electrical meter that is stripped in areas. They then asked us to get a contractor to get an estimate for the materials and labor. This took at least a month because the fencing was solid rod iron, not a molded rod iron and probably from the 1950's. We sent them the estimate from the contractor they told us they received it and then they ghosted us for about another 5 weeks. (5 weeks of us calling them and leaving messages asking them to call us back.)

They told us they sent us a letter, they sent us a check, they sent us the adjuster's estimate and NONE of these things happened and they acted surprised when they realized they hadn't sent any of this information out. It took the associate almost 6 tries to send us an email, while we were on the phone with the associate. We still haven't reached a resolution for this and winter is fast approaching. The cracked and broken siding is going to have snow and ice in and behind it, our front porch mason work that is destroyed is going to have snow and ice behind it, which is going to cause more damage. All we want is to get our stuff fixed.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I had another insurance company that I was just done with and I needed new insurance and I chose them best on price. Big mistake by me. They told me a transaction didn't go through while I had direct deposit a month before my I was suppose to renew. I they told me the numbers from my bank were off which didn't make sense only because I didn't need to to use my direct deposit until that month. So they pulled me off of direct deposit without my knowledge and jacked the price from 170 to 210 and when I asked why it was higher than Charlie Sheen on a bender they didn't even have a solid answer. I didn't. They just kept trying to sell me more insurance after they raised my rates. The tittle should speak for itself. Please don't get their insurance. It's the worst I've ever had. Worst my last company and that's really saying something.

Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance author review by Matthew Brodsky

The company has a rating of A- for financial strength from AM Best. Its auto insurance is available in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania. The company also offers home insurance, condo insurance, renters insurance and umbrella insurance. These are available for bundling discounts.

• Coverage and plans: In addition to standard coverage like liability, medical payments, collision, comprehensive and uninsured and underinsured motorist, Plymouth Rock offers gap insurance, accident forgiveness, new car replacement and glass coverage.

• Cost: A 40-year-old male driver with a good record can expect to pay about $525 a year on average for auto insurance.

• Discounts: Plymouth Rock has discounts for bundling, upfront payment, anti-theft devices, new drivers, relevant driving courses, paperless billing, good students and taking a safety pledge

• Standout feature: Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance picks up damaged cars for homes, offices and other locations to have them repaired if policyholders do not have time to visit their mechanics.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor