2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Compare Quotes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.39/5

Plymouth Rock Assurance offers home, renters and auto insurance throughout the northeastern United States. Its car coverage policies feature competitive rates and customizable plans, and its standard coverage includes door-to-door valet and safety rides. The company’s add-on protection includes pet injury and gap coverage options.

Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance Compare Quotes

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I applied online for insurance. First I was told they were NOT issuing policies because of the Hurricane in August. I applied again in September, they said they do not insure those over 2 apartments (mine has 3) yet they took payment 3 times and as of today, almost 60 days have still not refunded it and keep saying they will call me back and don’t! Horrible customer service.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I have a claim since the beginning of September and the adjuster of this company does not answer my calls. I was the prejudicated part of the accident. I called the adjuster several times. When he did not respond, I called the the office company and tried to contact the supervisor of the adjuster. I left a message to the supervisor. To this day, I have not received any response from the supervisor.

I had to send a message through the messenger on the company Facebook account and then the adjuster called me on September 18, 2020. We talked and he asked me to send pictures of my car. I did it immediately and asked him to process promptly my claim because I am having problems opening the driver’s door because of the accident. After that, nobody has called me or send a message. I have not received any information of the status of my claim. Now I am contemplating to process my claim though my own insurance company because this company has not help me to process my claim.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Plymouth Rock is a very good insurance company. They are not over rated unlike other providers out there. They are competitive with other insurance companies and they have good deals. I used to have Liberty Mutual, The first year they were great however the following year with no speeding tickets or parking tickets they raised my insurance $160 more than what I was paying and I said no way that’s way too high so a friend of mine suggested Plymouth Rock. And honestly they got me lower price with the same coverage what I had with liberty mutual. I was very shocked and before liberty mutual I had Geico. Geico was very expensive.

Original review: April 21, 2020

I wrecked my van in Feb 2020 on a Sunday (my fault). I called up to repair the accident and spoke with a woman who said she'd send out a claims adjuster Tuesday b/c Monday was a holiday. The claims adjuster was there Tuesday at noon, figure out the estimate and I had a check in my hand on Thursday or Friday (I was not expecting that). I brought the vehicle to be repaired and they found additional damage and Bertera Collision Repair center worked with Plymouth Rock to have the additional work covered. I don't think things could have gone any better and I even made a video about my experience which you can watch here: **.

Original review: April 16, 2020

I chose this company because it had the best rates. They took 3 payments from me and are now saying they will not cover me because I have an ABOVE ground outdoor oil tank (like every other house in the area). If this is their policy the application should have been declined before payment was made. They should have asked before issuing a policy. Now my policy is canceled and I have to shop around again.

Original review: April 10, 2020

Alright so the only reason I chose this insurance is because at a Honda Dealership it was recommended by the seller. I previously had GEICO, I was lazy to call for a quote. P.R has poor and slow customer service. IT'S A MISSION TO GET CUSTOMER SERVICE CARE AS OFTEN. My biggest strike out was getting different total amounts for my insurance renewal, went from 200 monthly to 235, back to 210 when the rep John ** supposedly fixed it. Then my payment went to 205, and the final; my payment was going to go through on the 8 of April and on the 3rd I got notified I was going Roger charged $335!!! Mind you we are going through the COVID-19 unemployed. Switched back to GEICO, easy customer service, offering 15% off your policy due to the issue, paying 50$ less. I am 24 with a license since 17, no accidents, clean record.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

Plymouth Rock was the cheapest best insurance I found I’ll give them that. BUT, unfortunately I was in an accident October 25th and I took my car to the collision center that works with this company and Plymouth Rock called me today on Christmas Eve to tell me my car is totaled. After it was estimated to be fixed. Why on earth would they call to tell me this on CHRISTMAS EVE! I’m very upset and sad and it basically ruined my holiday. So thank you Plymouth Rock for such a wonderful Christmas present!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I filed a claim on November 20th, 2019. It’s going on almost a month and my claim is still not resolved. I’ve never experienced a company that exhibited such poor communication. They don’t return calls, they don’t respond to email, and their appraising companies are just as negligent. I’ve only had a few claims in my driving experience. But this is by far the worst. I cannot wait until this issue is resolved because I am dropping them immediately. I do not recommend this company.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Had an awful experience with Plymouth Rock as my carrier. I was in an accident in December 2018. It was a hit and run where a car slammed into my rear then fled the scene. Luckily I was able to snap a pic of the vehicle. I reported the accident and police worked to identify the assailant. Plymouth Rock was completely useless throughout the experience which ended up lasting 9+ months. I would follow-up every few weeks with my representative assigned to the case. They would never be able to provide any assistance or update (I had to front the deductible and other associated costs with the accident and rental but I believe that is standard practice and no fault of them). A few times they claimed they would get back to me, or follow-up with item 'X', or that I would be reimbursed for this purchase, yet none of that EVER happened. I got my insurance agent involved and he was also useless, just saying that there was nothing he could do.

Finally, the assailant's insurance carrier was identified, Progressive, and they worked to complete the case and reimburse me for my lost funds. Progressive was fantastic in contacting me, following up, and keeping me updated. I felt like this progressive representative was in my corner. Plymouth rock would not even respond to my communication. The case was eventually closed out, still without response from Plymouth Rock. I eventually cancelled my plymouth rock policy and moved to progressive!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Not honest company. Removed a car from my current insurance - (we had 3 cars listed) and I was paying for that car $1044 a year, well they reduced my annual premium only about $400... Looking for another car insurance.

Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance author review by Matthew Brodsky

The company has a rating of A- for financial strength from AM Best. Its auto insurance is available in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania. The company also offers home insurance, condo insurance, renters insurance and umbrella insurance. These are available for bundling discounts.

• Coverage and plans: In addition to standard coverage like liability, medical payments, collision, comprehensive and uninsured and underinsured motorist, Plymouth Rock offers gap insurance, accident forgiveness, new car replacement and glass coverage.

• Cost: A 40-year-old male driver with a good record can expect to pay about $525 a year on average for auto insurance.

• Discounts: Plymouth Rock has discounts for bundling, upfront payment, anti-theft devices, new drivers, relevant driving courses, paperless billing, good students and taking a safety pledge

• Standout feature: Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance picks up damaged cars for homes, offices and other locations to have them repaired if policyholders do not have time to visit their mechanics.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor