Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance

Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance Reviews

About Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance

Plymouth Rock Assurance offers home, renters and auto insurance throughout the Northeastern United States. Its car coverage policies feature competitive rates and customizable plans, and its standard coverage includes door-to-door valet and safety rides. The company’s add-on protection includes pet injury and gap coverage options.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Competitive rates
  • Customizable and comprehensive plans
  • Pet injury coverage
Cons
  • Not ideal for high-risk drivers
  • Limited availability

Featured Reviews

Verified
Westampton, NJ

They would not give up until I was satisfied. They paid for damages on the other car that I did not cause, just to avoid going to court, then they tripled my rates. Plymouth Rock ...

Verified
Philadelphia, PA

All I needed was my driver license number and VIN number for my car, and we had the policy set up within a 20min phone convo and Plymouth Rock emailed me proof of insurance immedi...

What is Plymouth Rock auto insurance?

Plymouth Rock Assurance is a member of the Plymouth Rock Group of Companies. All its auto policies include built-in programs and services like door-to-door valet claims and "Get Home Safe," which covers taxi rides home.

Plymouth Rock also has a “Pledge of Assurance” that guarantees customer satisfaction and promises to issue driver policies and statements correctly the first time, process all claims professionally and sensitively, try to perform physical damage appraisals when scheduled and cover all repairs by approved providers.

How does Plymouth Rock auto insurance work?

Plymouth Rock has various auto policy options. You can customize your policies to meet your needs, and you have the choice of upgrading for additional services and benefits, including:

• Assurance Plus: Offers mobile device and laptop replacement, pet injury coverage, car seat replacement and more.
  • Assurance Preferred: Features all Assurance Plus perks as well as roadside assistance and additional towing and labor coverage.
  • Assurance Premier: Covers new car replacement, trip interruption, policy gaps, electronic key replacement and more.

You can get a quote and buy and manage your policy online.

Additional Plymouth Rock coverage includes liability, medical payments, uninsured motorist and comprehensive collision insurance.

Plymouth Rock auto insurance quotes and costs

Plymouth Rock’s auto insurance costs aren’t available online, but you can apply for a quote on its website. While Plymouth Rock emphasizes customer service over affordability, it does offer a wide array of discounts. These include:

• Advance shopper
  • eDocuments
  • Good student
  • New driver
  • Pay in full

It’s also important to note that you’ll be charged for any upgrades or additional services.

Plymouth Rock auto insurance FAQ

Does Plymouth Rock have accident forgiveness?
Yes, Plymouth Rock does offer accident forgiveness — it will waive a surchargeable accident if you meet certain eligibility requirements.
Who owns Plymouth Rock?
Plymouth Rock Assurance is a member of the Plymouth Rock Group of Companies.
Where is Plymouth Rock auto insurance available?
Plymouth Rock has limited auto insurance availability. It writes car coverage policies in six states in the Northeast: New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and New York.

Is Plymouth Rock a good car insurance company?

Plymouth Rock is a solid insurance company for low-risk drivers who prioritize customer satisfaction and policy customization over discounted coverage. The company emphasizes its dedication to excellent customer support, and its many benefits and services set it apart in the industry.

Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance Reviews

Stars Rating

• 3%
  • 2%
  • 2%
  • 1%
  • 91%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance?
    Customer ServiceClaims HandlingCoverage

Reviewed July 3, 2024

Plymouth Rock filed claims when I was simply asking questions and now we are uninsurable until these claims they filed fall off. Please do not insure with them. Their customer service is the worst, and they do not care about you and will screw up your score and make you uninsurable. Evan who claims to be a supervisor provided the worst service.

Customer ServiceCoveragePrice

Reviewed June 26, 2024

The short of my feedback: unless you enjoy wasting time on insurance shopping and dealing with non-sense from Plymouth Rock, stay away from the company. Details of my experience can be found below. On 05/28/24 I got a quote (through progressive.com) which I approved and got my insurance with Plymouth Rock. On 06/21 I received an email from Plymouth Rock stating that the policy will be cancelled due to the following reasons:

1. Roof in poor condition with worn shingles and granular loss

2. Rear steps are missing handrails presenting a hazardous liability exposure

In that email there was a report with pictures clearly showing only minor granular loss of shingles in a couple of places on the roof. There were no "poor condition" or "worn shingles". The reference to the "missing handrails" applies to a walkway that is located in my backyard and it is NOT a part of my dwelling that I insured with this company. Again, the pictures from the report clearly show that.

Neither of such type of (unreasonable) requirements was ever mentioned at the time when the quote was put together nor when the company agreed to issue their policy. Had I known about that I would have not proceeded with the company to begin with. I also never had any even remotely similar problems with any of the prevous insurance companies I used in the past.

On top of that, the same pictures show that the company's inspector entered my property without requesting my permission - this is despite the fact that the property is surrounded with the fence line that has clearly posted signs "Private Property". Not only is this not acceptable but is illegal in the state of Pennsylvania. But that is not the end of the story... When I communicated these issues (and my disagreement) to the company via email, I've got no response. And the only option that worked was their phone line. That to me is just yet another confirmation of poor customer service quality of Plymouth Rock.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer Service

Reviewed June 21, 2024

Horrible customer service, pushy and aggressive. Stay as far away as you can. Horrible horrible horrible. I wouldn’t go to this company if it was the last one on earth. I hope they get shut down! 0 stars.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 14, 2024

Terrible experience., I have been paying for more than 2 years and never had an accident. But now I have on accident and that was the other person fault. I called the insurance to let them know what happened but the person was very rude. Terrible customer service. Please don’t choose this company.

Claims HandlingCoverage

Reviewed May 7, 2024

Had this insurance for a few years. Never filed a claim. However, when I tried to ask about whether or not they would cover an issue of a leaking pipe they opened a claim so they could tell me no. Even though no payment was paid out it still was a strike against us. Soon afterwards we received a letter stating there were hazards reported and they needed to come out and do an internal inspection of our home. (And outside) We have a well-maintained house inside and out! So they send a guy out, he takes pictures...they get back to us. The letter states our hazards. 1. A ladder leaning against our shed (which my husband just put there a day ago after unloading his truck from work) 2. A 1" gap at the front door stoop against the house.

That's it! Next letter...fix it before the end of the month (which BTW was only 3 weeks) or we may cancel your policy. Are you for real? Next letter... We will be raising your policy payment 48%. Do you think they were trying to get rid of us? Yup! Unethical, threatening and upsetting! Steer clear of this communistic insurance company!!! Which BTW...is now a Progressive Co.

Online & App

Reviewed April 23, 2024

Plymouth Rock makes you download a UB app where you have to log a certain amount of drives, I carpool to work so I do not drive however they still log those driving. And asked me if I was driving a passenger on a plane walking? Why is it their business what I’m doing while I’m not driving. It should not be legal for them to track me. Meanwhile, in the contract, it says that I opted in for the app. But when I didn’t download the app, they sent me a letter of termination advising that I cannot have that insurance without using the app and technically illegal for us to be tracked 24 seven.

Claims HandlingCoverageStaff

Reviewed March 6, 2024

I'm starting here so I had Plymouth Rock insurance from 2020. I had never filed a claim before. Fast forward I'm in NYC family business the check engine light came on. On my journey I took it to the nearest bmw I could got there I was told the rodents/rats ate my engine harness. He stated that its was not SAFE TO DRIVE.The shop advised me to call my insurance which I did. The rep I spoke wit stated I was covered under comprehensive coverage. Ok now the shop has my car at this point, plymouth rock had there adjustor come out and do the estimate. Ok shop starts work now its over 9k..(yea crazy) that's another story.

Now fast forward I been under investigation I send them so much personal information provided my address. Even spoke to investigators like I was the one who ate my harness. They want so much personal information which I wasn't supposed to cause they had everything but I still comply. Knowing that I had this company for a long time I would never believe this is how they make money. They take all payments but when something happens they treat you like a non paying consumer.

I have been giving advise from all over I contacted Commissioner of Finance and I started the process of filling out paperwork. It's been over a month now and everytime I spoke wit Kayla B the rep handing the claim is has no clue. They even had me speak wit and investigator name Doug (he seems understanding) but up to this day my car still in shop and I'm still paying my policy. I need all the help I can get. Plymouth rock isn't a good company at all and that's acting in BAD FAITH of all us customers. We need for everyone to hear what really happens wit there smaller insurance companies.

Profile pic of the author.
      Customer ServiceClaims HandlingCoverageStaff

Reviewed March 5, 2024

My car was hit on 11/22/23. While I was in supermarket buying a turkey. The under insured driver actually hit other parked cars. I contacted Plymouth. Rapid response about getting details and my rental. I was in rental for 14days unaware that the adjuster whom I've never spoke to were going back and forth because he felt like the mechanics wanted too much money..I was instructed to take my rental back and pick up my vehicle and drive it til another auto body shop recommended by the dealership would be able to fix my car. I was told to bring it in on 1/31/24. Now with half my rental days gone the initial paperwork said 3 days to repair. Today is 3/5/24 I still don't have my car from a 11/22/23 accident. Why because Plymouth is slow walking payment and according to the other insurance company paperwork as well..I'm paying for my rental as of 2/11 which I found out from the car rental place.

They had the nerve to notify the car rental agency 3days after they stopped paying for it...and still had to call them. My claim specialist as well as her supervisor has constantly not been transparent. And to date still haven't received a call back after leaving several messages. All the information I have gotten has came from the auto body shop and the claim specialist from the other person insurance. The rep from the other insurance made a comment that they are half baked at Plymouth and I should consider leaving..because it's frustrating for her just communicating with them and it wasn't her car hit so she can only imagine. I need answers Now @Plymouth Rock corporate office. I thought you pay your premium and should anything happen your insurance was there to help you. Just help is that too much to ask for?

Claims HandlingCoverage

Reviewed Dec. 18, 2023

I had got car insurance, had gotten into a accident, and I wasn't on my girl insurance. So they sent us a letter saying we did a fraudulent claim. So they was ignorant, no one communicated with us. And when they did they threatened us saying we won't be able to get insurance from nowhere. And when we ask for original paperwork they said no they're not sending it to us, cause we ask what did we do fraudulent and they came with cause she never added me to her insurance. That's all they keep saying. We ask for proof and still haven't sent it.

Reviewed Dec. 14, 2023

Terrible... I was alerted in May that Plymouth Rock would be cancelling my insurance due to out of state DL. This was immediately rectified. Company was notified and new in state DL information was provided. Fast forward Oct - I realized my monthly installment fee was not being removed from my checking account. Contacted Plymouth and was assured my account was active and up to date and PAID and no payment would be withdrawn until Jan of 2024 when my policy was set to renew.

As of today 12/14 - Plymouth withdrew $700 from my checking account with 0 notice. Their explanation was it was an error on their part...and I owed the full balance because they did not withdraw the monthly fee - A WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS. This caused my bank to charge me an overdraft as well as my account was wiped out upon Plymouth stated they are not liable for because a letter was issued (not received) 3 weeks ago to alert me to their error and they would be extracting a large sum from my account. I will repeat - A WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS wiping out my account. Unbelievable...

Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance Company Information