2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

2.3/5 (61 ratings)
Compare Quotes on Quotewizard

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

About Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance

Plymouth Rock Assurance offers home, renters and auto insurance throughout the Northeastern United States. Its car coverage policies feature competitive rates and customizable plans, and its standard coverage includes door-to-door valet and safety rides. The company’s add-on protection includes pet injury and gap coverage options.

Pros

• Competitive rates
  • Customizable and comprehensive plans
  • Pet injury coverage

Cons

• Not ideal for high-risk drivers
  • Limited availability

Bottom Line

Plymouth Rock’s coverage is customizable and comprehensive, and its standard plans include services like door-to-door valet and safety rides. It writes auto policies in six states in the Northeast.

Top Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

They would not give up until I was satisfied. They paid for damages on the other car that I did not cause, just to avoid going to court, then they tripled my rates. Plymouth Rock ...

Verified

All I needed was my driver license number and VIN number for my car, and we had the policy set up within a 20min phone convo and Plymouth Rock emailed me proof of insurance immedi...

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

What is Plymouth Rock auto insurance?

Plymouth Rock Assurance is a member of the Plymouth Rock Group of Companies. All its auto policies include built-in programs and services like door-to-door valet claims and "Get Home Safe," which covers taxi rides home.

Plymouth Rock also has a “Pledge of Assurance” that guarantees customer satisfaction and promises to issue driver policies and statements correctly the first time, process all claims professionally and sensitively, try to perform physical damage appraisals when scheduled and cover all repairs by approved providers.

How does Plymouth Rock auto insurance work?

Plymouth Rock has various auto policy options. You can customize your policies to meet your needs, and you have the choice of upgrading for additional services and benefits, including:

• Assurance Plus: Offers mobile device and laptop replacement, pet injury coverage, car seat replacement and more.
  • Assurance Preferred: Features all Assurance Plus perks as well as roadside assistance and additional towing and labor coverage.
  • Assurance Premier: Covers new car replacement, trip interruption, policy gaps, electronic key replacement and more.

You can get a quote and buy and manage your policy online.

Additional Plymouth Rock coverage includes liability, medical payments, uninsured motorist and comprehensive collision insurance.

Plymouth Rock auto insurance quotes and costs

Plymouth Rock’s auto insurance costs aren’t available online, but you can apply for a quote on its website. While Plymouth Rock emphasizes customer service over affordability, it does offer a wide array of discounts. These include:

• Advance shopper
  • eDocuments
  • Good student
  • New driver
  • Pay in full

It’s also important to note that you’ll be charged for any upgrades or additional services.

Plymouth Rock auto insurance FAQ

Does Plymouth Rock have accident forgiveness?
Yes, Plymouth Rock does offer accident forgiveness — it will waive a surchargeable accident if you meet certain eligibility requirements.
Who owns Plymouth Rock?
Plymouth Rock Assurance is a member of the Plymouth Rock Group of Companies.
Where is Plymouth Rock auto insurance available?
Plymouth Rock has limited auto insurance availability. It writes car coverage policies in six states in the Northeast: New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and New York.

Is Plymouth Rock a good car insurance company?

Plymouth Rock is a solid insurance company for low-risk drivers who prioritize customer satisfaction and policy customization over discounted coverage. The company emphasizes its dedication to excellent customer support, and its many benefits and services set it apart in the industry.

Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance?

Original review: July 24, 2021

Do NOT use this Comp for Homeowners!! They’ve listed tons of different “water types” they will not cover! Including RAIN & GROUND WATERS!!! & They determine where the water began. Travelers, State Farm, Adirondack all cover water damages. RUN AWAY FROM PLYMOUTH ROCK INSURANCE.

Original review: July 7, 2021

I got a new policy from them and was stated a reasonable price so I took the policy. After a few weeks I noticed my policy shot up close to an extra 3K. I called and email the underwriter which never responded to me. So the beginning of June I canceled the policy. They charged me $198 to cancel. Just comes around they took $900 from my account and told me they see my policy canceled but someone must of screwed up. So now they're saying I have to wait 7 to 10 business days to get my refund and if I owe any money it will be deducted. Horrible experience

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2021

I wish I had read the reviews before purchasing this policy, the agent was so very perceived when I purchased the policy, I ended up bundling home and auto. The problem started when I transferred my plates from a car I sold to the new one (I have 2 vehicles on this policy). I am on auto payment plan (mistake they can take your money at any time). The agent didn't take the sold car off of the policy and had me paying for 3 cars, In May my payment was $156.00 that was taken out 5/24/2012, on the same day they (Plymouth Rock) $448.10, I called, (6/17/21) they tried to justify why it was taken out and why they couldn't reimburse me. I had tried for 5 day to contact the agent, spoke with her at the beginning of this event, after which she never called me or returned my calls, 6/21/2021 called agent again today no responsive.

After speaking with several customer reps (on the phone for an hour), terrible headache from trying to explain and to have my money refunded, and an agent speaking with his supervisor, did they say they would be refunding my money, I have to threaten speaking with an attorney to calling the BBB. They said my funds would be back in my account in 2 -3 days, Well I will see. Definitely looking for new auto ins.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

Had their car/home policies for the last 10 months (Feb 2020). Gladly take money out of the bank account for both policies, but yet they can not find our homeowners policy. Constantly given the run around by their staff. Then told by one customer representative that another insurance company is taking the money on "their behalf". (Travelers insurance is taking money out of my account under the name Plymouth Rock). Yeah! As I said this insurance company is run by incompetent staff or scammers.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I applied online for insurance. First I was told they were NOT issuing policies because of the Hurricane in August. I applied again in September, they said they do not insure those over 2 apartments (mine has 3) yet they took payment 3 times and as of today, almost 60 days have still not refunded it and keep saying they will call me back and don’t! Horrible customer service.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I have a claim since the beginning of September and the adjuster of this company does not answer my calls. I was the prejudicated part of the accident. I called the adjuster several times. When he did not respond, I called the the office company and tried to contact the supervisor of the adjuster. I left a message to the supervisor. To this day, I have not received any response from the supervisor.

I had to send a message through the messenger on the company Facebook account and then the adjuster called me on September 18, 2020. We talked and he asked me to send pictures of my car. I did it immediately and asked him to process promptly my claim because I am having problems opening the driver’s door because of the accident. After that, nobody has called me or send a message. I have not received any information of the status of my claim. Now I am contemplating to process my claim though my own insurance company because this company has not help me to process my claim.

Original review: April 21, 2020

I wrecked my van in Feb 2020 on a Sunday (my fault). I called up to repair the accident and spoke with a woman who said she'd send out a claims adjuster Tuesday b/c Monday was a holiday. The claims adjuster was there Tuesday at noon, figure out the estimate and I had a check in my hand on Thursday or Friday (I was not expecting that). I brought the vehicle to be repaired and they found additional damage and Bertera Collision Repair center worked with Plymouth Rock to have the additional work covered. I don't think things could have gone any better and I even made a video about my experience which you can watch here: **.

Original review: April 16, 2020

I chose this company because it had the best rates. They took 3 payments from me and are now saying they will not cover me because I have an ABOVE ground outdoor oil tank (like every other house in the area). If this is their policy the application should have been declined before payment was made. They should have asked before issuing a policy. Now my policy is canceled and I have to shop around again.

Original review: April 10, 2020

Alright so the only reason I chose this insurance is because at a Honda Dealership it was recommended by the seller. I previously had GEICO, I was lazy to call for a quote. P.R has poor and slow customer service. IT'S A MISSION TO GET CUSTOMER SERVICE CARE AS OFTEN. My biggest strike out was getting different total amounts for my insurance renewal, went from 200 monthly to 235, back to 210 when the rep John ** supposedly fixed it. Then my payment went to 205, and the final; my payment was going to go through on the 8 of April and on the 3rd I got notified I was going Roger charged $335!!! Mind you we are going through the COVID-19 unemployed. Switched back to GEICO, easy customer service, offering 15% off your policy due to the issue, paying 50$ less. I am 24 with a license since 17, no accidents, clean record.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

Plymouth Rock was the cheapest best insurance I found I’ll give them that. BUT, unfortunately I was in an accident October 25th and I took my car to the collision center that works with this company and Plymouth Rock called me today on Christmas Eve to tell me my car is totaled. After it was estimated to be fixed. Why on earth would they call to tell me this on CHRISTMAS EVE! I’m very upset and sad and it basically ruined my holiday. So thank you Plymouth Rock for such a wonderful Christmas present!

Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance Company Information