2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.39/5

Plymouth Rock Assurance has made a name for themselves by putting customers first. Plymouth Rock offers home, renters and auto insurance to clients in the northeastern United States. Plymouth Rock Assurance in an InsuraMatch partner. For quotes from Plymouth Rock Assurance and more, call InsuraMatch. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance Gallery (3)
View More View More

Get matched with an Insurance Provider

See if you can save today on Everquote

Find my match

Get matched with an Insurance Provider

See if you can save today on Everquote

Find my match

Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I contacted Plymouth Rock on my daughter's recommendation and obtained auto and rental insurance on July 25, 2019. That was the beginning of the worse experience I have ever had in my 72 years of life. I was quoted one price and was actually billed something totally different. The company was not able to supply my complex with a “Declaration Page”. Instead they offered a letter on their stationery which of course was unacceptable by my complex, I had to obtain a different policy which still was not acceptable by my complex. I then had no other choice but to obtain insurance through a different company, still have to pay for the renter insurance through Plymouth Rock. However, my auto insurance still remains wrong.

I spoke to several different individuals, supervisor Sherri 8/12 who assured me the problem with me receiving my Insurance card would be resolved, the card was sent to my complex without an apartment number on it. The complex has 699 units so of course I never got the card. The same day 8/12 I spoke to Jordan in Direct Sales who gave me a different Renter policy and quoted me a much better price, however, the correct information was never put in the system and of course when my due date for payment arrived PLYMOUTH ROCK took double the amount I was quoted, thereby over drawing my account and put my account in the minus by $92.00.

It is now 8/28. Once again I had to call PLYMOUTH ROCK, initially the individual whom I won’t name was EXTREMELY ARROGANT until I became belligerent extremely nasty with some choice words and requesting to speak with her supervisor. She then apologized and offered to resolve my immediate issues, I was put on hold several times then she informed me she notice all the times I had called and the changes had not been put in the system, thus my account had been over drawn because of their unprofessionalism and neglect to their customers, especially senior citizens.

I would never ever refer anyone to Plymouth Rock and will be reporting this business to the BBB. I have never been so upset and traumatized by such unprofessionalism and individuals' inability to do their jobs. I understand mistakes happen but not consistently by each and everyone I came in contact with. I WILL BE SEEKING OTHER INSURANCE COMPANIES SO THAT PLYMOUTH ROCK CAN BECOME A BAD DREAM AND OUT OF MY LIFE FOREVER.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

It's tough trying to get them on the phone, then they can never answer your question and send you to another dept. and then another dept. They also don't follow up on new items that should be taken off your policy. You have to push and push.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Am a Plymouth Rock Customer for the past 12 or more years. Paid for "Accident forgiveness". When they renewed me in Sept. 2018, rates went up like 25%. Called to ask, they said "Oh, it's because we changed our underwriting protocol (or something like that). Good news, since you haven't had a re-underwrite in three years, you are eligible for a re-underwriting though." Now, I do not understand how they just jack customer rates based on a change in how they rate you. But even more perplexing is that when my Agent did the re-underwrite, the rates DID come down to more or less where they had been. So OK, let's just do this.

Now while this is going on, I had a small fender bender. Although I still maintain it wasn't my fault (he hit me, I was standing still!) it got written up as my fault. No big deal I thought, for the first time in 12 years I'll use the accident forgiveness that I PAY for. Except then the Agent calls. The accident forgiveness is on the old policy. The new underwriting isn't in force yet, so it's now going to be more or less the same because of the accident. I said WHAT?

I tried to call and explain to the Reps at Plymouth Rock. Even went to the Customer Service Rep supervisors. I explained that paying $1,000 a year more was not fair, and that shouldn't somehow my accident forgiveness from the existing policy carry to the "new" underwriting? I mean it's really quite customer unfriendly that, in order to NOT pay $1,000 more, I have to have the Policy re-written to begin with - why can't they just look at my 12 year claim free policy and apply the same rate method to it? She got it, and said she would certainly take it up and get back to me; I did this TWICE. No one EVER called back. So I got stuck paying an extra grand for my 2018-2019.

They screwed a 12 year customer without a care, and all I got was a lot of double speak from (very NICE) customer service reps about how underwriting changed. I don't CARE what you did internally. And why in the name of the Lord would the new underwriting method charge me almost $1,000 more as an existing customer than it does if it's written up like I was a new customer (rhetorical question, you do the math).

Bottom line is they are HAPPY to SCREW their long time customers and make it at best inconvenient for you to do anything about it. And if they would do this to me (and they DID), they WILL eventually do it to you, rest assured. Save yourself the grief - AVOID this SCAM house like they are the BLACK PLAGUE!! Don't say nobody warned you!

Original review: July 20, 2019

Went with PR because of price. Purchased a newer car, got rid of an older one, rate went up? And they changed the frequency of my payments? Telling me I need to download an app "Yubi" (which has 2 1/2 stars on google play) or I'll lose a discount that's not listed on my policy? I e-mailed about these issues. Reply said they'd contact me in 2-3 days. It's been 8. No one to answer the phone on weekends? Nowhere to print ins cards on the website. Have to request them by mail? VERY unhappy with the almost non-existent customer service.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I am beyond disgusted with this company. I am not their insured but a victim of their insured's irresponsible driving. Their insured was put at fault on the police report and she admitted she should not have jumped in front of me yet they did not accept liability. 2 ** months waiting for that. Calling them is painful. Emailing is painful. I cannot imagine what it's like going in person. I cannot imagine being insured by them. Their insured never called to report anything and did not answer the phone for my rep or hers to investigate. It took her 2 months to send a pic of her vehicle. Gerri ** was awful. She is at work but either doesn’t answer or has someone give you a pathetic excuse as to why she cannot talk.

All the reps there are just as awful. Incompetent and sad. Why is this even an insurance company?! I called today after 2 weeks of no update only to find out (by Joseph the “manager” btw) that Gerri was out and that they will not accept liability. You’d think a simple call or email would be given to you since the rep was away. But no. They couldn’t even do that. Idk who was worse, Maya the insured or the entire company. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE ANY ANY ANY TIME OR ENERGY WITH PLYMOUTH ROCK. You’d have better luck convincing an atheist God is real than working with these people. I still cannot believe how lousy they are at answering a damn phone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance?

Original review: April 24, 2019

These people are legalized gangsters. They lie, delay irresponsibly any attempt to start the process. They told Enterprise Car Rental they would pay for rental on daily basis so I could go to work, then now say they never said it. They sent an appraiser, Property Damage Appraiser, who examined the car their insured rear ended at a red light, after telling police she was reaching for her cell phone, and was cited for that, who submitted the report. Plymouth Rock is now saying this appraisal isn’t valid because the car driven by their insured was out of state driver. To add insult to injury, they say they are now investigating and it could take months. How can they get away with this. Where can you go for satisfaction?? Who can you go to file a complaint?? If you look up this company, they have many bad reviews, why are they allowed to be in business??? These folks are SCUM!!!!

Original review: April 17, 2019

Lauren who is in charge of my claim regarding the incident happened in New Jersey never picks up her phone call. Responses are heavily delayed. She claims that the claims are under review by her supervisor over almost a month. Ridiculous and will go back to Progressive or Geico after my claims. Plymouth DO NOT ROCK!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I had my insurance premium for 2 autos automatically deducted from my payroll for over 20 years. I moved and changed jobs and contacted the company to give them my new address. It was 2 months before I got the new bill which was $2739.00 for the year for two cars over 10 YEARS OLD!!!! They wanted a $1,950 downpayment immediately. Mind you, I have a perfect driving record. So, I cancelled and got Geico instead for less than $1200 per year AND with the same coverage levels. I just received a bill from Plymouth Rock for $653.00 for the two months (April and May) that I allegedly had coverage with them. This number is not pro-rated per those two months but is instead some arbitrary number they made up. And It's $200 over the amount of what two months coverage would be. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!! THEY'RE ROBBERS. I am getting nowhere with their customer service.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Had a good price on insurance to start, then after a few months they said I didn’t pay my insurance which I had proof of and had my bank fax in. But they keep saying they never got it, so they continue to try to charge me every month, so I get late fees from my bank because I don’t keep money in it because they keep taking it out again. I’ve talked to servers customer service representatives, all are nice with a greeting and as soon as I say my problem they get an attitude right away and say “Since they haven’t got the money I will keep being charged” but deny they got the proof my bank faxed to them. I get nowhere with them, they no longer respond to my emails regarding this and are terrible to talk to on the phone. I would never get insurance through them again and never would have knowing this.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

After 6 years with Plymouth Rock I change vehicles and my rate almost doubled. Went from a Cadillac to a Toyota. When I questioned the increase my agent checked with them and provided the following explanation. They based my rate on the vehicle price when it was "New" even though it is 5 years old. My Cadillac when it was "New" was 18k more than the Toyota, so this makes no sense. I was told that was the best they could do. Found a new insurance company right away and when comparing the policies I noticed that Plymouth Rock no longer gave me the SDIP credit which amounted to about $350 discount per year. After 20+ years with no accidents or violations, all of a sudden I don't qualify for any type of safe driver discount with them. But I did notice that since I am now retired, they list me as a "mature" driver. No discount for that though.

Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance Company Information