Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates
3.28/5

NJM Auto Insurance

NJM Auto Insurance provides home, business and auto insurance to clients in New Jersey. NJM is not one of InsuraMatch's verified partners. If you want to receive multiple quotes from insurance providers, contact InsuraMatch for quick results. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

NJM provides auto insurance to customers in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Along with a selection of car insurance coverages and discounts, it pays dividends to its policyholders at an average of 5 percent of the yearly premium each year. It receives positive reviews for its high customer satisfaction with claims processing.

PROS

• Online policy management
  • Competitive rates
  • Strong financial stability
  • Local agents greatly familiar with local driving laws
  • Exceptional customer experience on auto claims

CONS

• No coverage on mechanical breakdown, personal property and pet injury
  • Coverage limited to New Jersey and Pennsylvania residents

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

43 NJM Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

No one in the US is close. Auto, home insurance. Hours to call as needed. Claims are processed fast and efficiency, honestly and more than fair. Price, transparency, service. Ease of changes. Exceeds expectations in all regards.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

Had NJM for 40 years, easy to deal with, no hassle claim submitting, very knowledgeable staff. They are are a little higher in rates than other insurance companies but the great customer service makes up for that.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I have been with NJM Auto since I was 17 years old... a loyal Auto policyholder for the past 45 years! And when I bought my first home in 1981, they have been my homeowner's insurer as well. Why all of these years when so many times I've had opportunities to switch?

1. They are always prompt and professional when handling my claims.
2. They are always fair in dealing with my loss.

3. Their prices are competitive and the dividend back is a nice touch.

What else should you expect from an insurance company beyond 1, 2, and 3 above? When I read the complaints on this site, I wish that the person(s) involved at NJM were able to respond, because what I've read does NOT sound like the company I have been dealing with for the past 45 years.

Original review: April 10, 2019

We had an Accident in October 2018. Not our fault although it was my word against the other driver. NJM very responsive and I had full payment within two weeks- full replacement value of the car. (The damage to our car was over 75% the blue book value of the car so NJM 'totaled' the car.) I have a $1000 deductible which was deducted from that full replacement payment. NJM was more than fair with the replacement value of our car- and they were more than responsive all the way through the process. NJM is still (As of April 10, 2019) pursuing the other insurance company to recoup my $1000 deductible. It is a weary process but I receive updates every several weeks from NJM- both phone calls and in writing.

I have been with NJM for Many Many years (15 plus years) and have not had any bad experiences. I have two teenage boys on my policy also and my rates for four autos and collision was more than competitive- in the $4200 range. I have homeowners with them as well as a liability umbrella policy. Just in the past year I was able to get into a health insurance pool (Horizon BC/BS of NJ) because of my NJM Membership. This saved our company a significant amount of premium. I am not sure why all the negative press. Hence I am writing to express my sincere appreciation of the NJM company. Nothing to worry about with NJM in your corner.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

My son has auto insurance with NJM. A year ago he Had slight fender accident; not his fault; no police were called; no tickets issued; both vehicles had minor scratches. He contacted NJM reported it and gave written statement to NJM but did not file claim cause repairs for scratches were less than deductible. Never heard a peep out of NJM all year till he got his policy renewal. It went from $600 per year up to $2,000. He called NJM to find out why and to find out that the other driver filed a claim against him (which was he said; she said). And paid out a claim for the other vehicle's scratches of $900.00. NJM never contacted him for further details; never informed him that there was a claim filed nor that they paid out a claim.

A year went by and no communication from NJM, nothing. He called to ask why this is the first he's hearing about a claim, their response was they don't have to tell him. It's his policy and he should have been notified in order to file an appeal cause the incident wasn't his fault and it's too late now. So for a $900 claim that was paid out and shouldn't have his insurance went up $1,400.00 per year. His driving record is clean, no other accidents, now he's paying over 3 times his previous years premium on an erroneous $900.00 pay out. According to NJM their rates go up for any claim paid out over $500.00. Since the payout was $400.00 over the $500.00 allowable his auto insurance premium has more than triple. An increase of that proportion is definitely price gouging. Shame on NJM. I'm hoping the Banking and Insurance licensing division investigates them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NJM Auto Insurance?

Original review: July 20, 2019

We been a customers of NJM for 35+ years with auto and homeowners. 2 years ago, our H/O policy was $1500, I just received my 19-20 Policy it’s almost $4000!!! Recently had 1 claim (1 in 5 yrs) - water from washer flooded our kitchen/laundry room floor 8k claim to fix.. Now it’s almost tripled with same coverage from 2017!! What’s the purpose of being insured if you can’t file a claim, when needed? This company completely disappointed me not only with this but my auto too - no accidents no tickets went from $900 to $2600!! What the heck is going on? I have to switch and I hope I can get a Reasonable Price. I’m in shock, this is totally unfair, NJM!!!

Original review: April 29, 2019

I was involved in a motor vehicle accident where the other driver was insured by NJM and took responsibility, there was also a police report with pictures taken. My injuries required a couple doctor visits following an emergency room visit. The adjuster Sherille ** obtained my medical records after I signed the release (I waited months for her to even get them) just for her to say my initial appt did not mention the accident and my follow up appointments did not have the date I was in the accident on them. This was a bit confusing to me so I obtained the records myself just to see that my initial appt did mention the car accident and my follow up appointments stated "weeks ago". I am certain she could have sought clarification from the orthopedic specialist had she needed it.

However, in addition to Ms ** being extremely rude, untimely and dishonest, her supervisor (a Male whom did not give his name) refused to assign me a different adjuster. I explained to him that she oft did not return my call for days to weeks and when she did she either had an attitude or was dishonest. However he told me Ms ** is a good worker (I'm sure she saves the company thousands EVERY YEAR). "I'm reading her notes and it looks like she contacts you enough so no I'm not reassigning your case." Reading the reviews on NJM it's apparent that I'm not the only one they're obviously scamming. Considering my accident took place in August and it's almost been a year without any resolution.

I received a letter this week from Sherille ** stating my case has not been concluded because she's not received the correct medical records. I'm totally confused! Either she cannot read or she just wants a lawyer to contact her and I'm utterly frustrated by having to even go through all of this when their insured was not paying attention and hit us full speed. Why not just apologize, be ethical, take responsibility as their driver did and move on, this is completely ridiculous. So I'm finally reaching out to lawyers. I plan on contacting the BBB and I'm also going to seek out other ways to gain public support such as through the NJ news, media, paper. At some point people have to go back to the basics and just be honest again.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I was recently involved in a motor vehicle accident where the other driver who was insured by NJM was 100% at fault as stated by the driver and the police report. This accident occurred in December 2018 and in March 2019 the claim is still unresolved. NJM is refusing to take accountability for their insured driver and making me financially whole. To this date my vehicle is still damaged with a safety system inoperable and there is no end in sight. NJM Insurance lives by the motto, Delay, Deny, and Defend.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Amira ** is extremely rude, lazy and unprofessional. She never once contacted me in regards to updates to my claim or the fact that the other driving was trying to claim. I was at fault although it was clear on the police report that he was at fault 100%. I had to go above her to get things moving. I have been in my rental for a almost 30 days without so much as one call from Amira until I lost my patience and began calling her and her supervisor Kathleen ** taking time away from my job to try and get information on my car.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

We've had NJM for over 13 years, auto and homeowner's insurance. Rates have steadily increased over the years, which is understandable. HOWEVER, when we added our twin, 17 year old, newly licensed daughters to our policy, our annual premium went from $3,000 to $7700!!! Way more than double! We still had the same three cars we always had. Just added the girls. That $7700 rate also included the good student discounts. We've also had NO CLAIMS, NO POINTS, NO ACCIDENTS!!! Absolute robbery on the part of NJM and the NJ car insurance industry!! Needless to say, we switched to another carrier that was $3000 less than what NJM demanded. Despicable!

NJM Auto Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance Group provides coverage for business and personal purposes. The company customizes policies for homeowners, drivers and commercial business owners to ensure they receive superior service and reliable coverage in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.

• Claims services: NJM Insurance has an online portal that makes it easy to file a claim or to receive support with a policy.

• Quick quotes: The company lets consumers comparison-shop to find the best rate on their policy.

• Complete coverage: Consumers can turn to the company to find coverage for personal vehicles, business fleets and motorcycles.

• Roadside assistance: NJM Insurance offers a toll-free hotline that puts drivers into contact with essential assistance personnel when problems arise.

• Controlling costs: The company provides business owners with advice and tips about reducing accidents in the workplace to lower insurance expenses.

• Best for: Drivers who want complete coverage and drivers who want to do business with a local company.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky