Fast Free Quotes

Compare Rates
  2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.13/5

NJM Auto Insurance provides home, business and auto insurance to clients in New Jersey. NJM is not one of InsuraMatch's verified partners. If you want to receive multiple quotes from insurance providers, contact InsuraMatch for quick results. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

NJM Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: April 10, 2018

My windshield was cracked in the summer and Safelite came out for repair, no problem. Then last week during one of the snow storms the crack grew larger splitting my windshield. I contacted NJM to report a windshield replacement claim and was on the phone a long time giving details of the claim and set up an appointment with Safelite. I contacted Safelite to confirm and they advised me NJM never set up a claim and my windshield had to be ordered and I had to now reschedule a new appointment date. Therefore if I didn't call I would have waited all day and no one would have showed. The damage ended up being under my deductible so my question is what did I actually need NJM for? The inadequate girl answering the phone, didn't even know how to process a claim properly.

Original review: March 16, 2018

As a member for about 10 years, I never had a claim to file until a couple weeks ago when my truck was hit while parked. Due to it being a state owned vehicle that hit me, under law all they have to do is pay my deductible. So after getting multiple estimates, I submitted the cheapest in my claim. Their adjuster came out and inspected, and agreed to me that it was all on point. After 4 days of not hearing from them, I called, and they said the claim is closed, and said they mailed me a check for 1/3rd of the estimate. They won't pay for the seriously bent up impact bar, or a few other parts until the truck is dismantled at the shop, and they schedule the adjuster to come back and take more pictures.

The shop said once the claim is approved, they would order the parts, pre-paint everything, and do the repair in one day since I have a large family and tote around multiple kids and my dog. Now, the truck will be laid up for 2+ weeks, and they will not offer me rental coverage for a similar vehicle to move my family, so I cannot afford to have my Yukon repaired, as similar full sized SUVs rent for almost $200 a day out of my pocket. Worthless insurance coverage that I spend a premium on, and there are multiple other companies that provide better coverage for the same cost. After I take this claim to court, I will be dropping this provider. What would have happened if I was in my vehicle and was injured when that truck hit me? Medical expenses on top of repair bills would most likely put me in the streets with the way they approach their clients.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I've had no problems with them. But the one problem I have with this and all the other companies is that, even with a clean driving record (no tickets, no accidents) the premiums go up with age. I also don't think a credit score should be part of the equation.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I rarely have to call, because fortunately I have little need to do so, however when I have a need the process is painless. All it takes is one phone call and everything gets done without a problem. I am sure I could get insurance for less, but I could also get other things for less too, and I am not going to base my decision on cheaper deals. I have had NJM for more years than I care to count and when the need arises I feel that this company will address my needs in a responsible way.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

The very best insurance company in the whole wide world. Everything went great and I got more than I expected!!! They even give out tremendous dividend bonuses but you have to be a government employee to be eligible for this insurance. Sorry!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NJM Auto Insurance?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

They are cheaper than the other companies. Another company tried to greatly increase my rate just because of my age even though I had a perfect driving history... I then switched to NJ Manufacturers. They give members a check at the end of the year part of dividends which is nice.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I been with them for over 15 years, with the same vehicle. My rate has reduced due to the age of my car and I receive a rebate deduction each year. The price is right for me.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

It's a good when they take your premium but this company refuses to pay a trauma reconstructive surgeon fair customary fees for services performed. They are basically paying doctors the minimum wage. Hence, poor payment equilibrates with inability to provide quality care.

Original review: April 13, 2017

NJM doesn't care for the injured. I have a court order for payment every week yet they don't do it. I've lost a vehicle, homeowner's insurance, truck insurance, cell phones. I can't even pay my property tax because they won't pay me in a timely manner. They don't even respond to my attorney in a timely fashion. They want me to go to all these Dr.'s appointment but will fine me if I miss an appointment. How can I go if I have no money for gas? I've already had to cancel other Dr.'s appointments because of this. Hope that your employer doesn't use this company and hope you NEVER get hurt because they will do everything they can to not take care of you. They are greedy and don't follow judicial orders.

Original review: April 6, 2017

This is the first insurance company we come across who is very difficult to deal with. No easy access to lot of things. They never provide company guidelines on removing the driver who has no license just the permit holder and giving us hard time on removing and telling us it's their company policy to surrender permit and show them the receipt then they remove a person name off the policy. When we ran to DMV they said they have no idea what we are talking about. We told NJM that where to bring the document from what they need. They have no idea. They just tells us "it's company policy". Government wake up. Show us some act for such companies.

NJM Auto Insurance Company Information