Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates
3.18/5

NJM Auto Insurance

NJM Auto Insurance provides home, business and auto insurance to clients in New Jersey. NJM is not one of InsuraMatch's verified partners. If you want to receive multiple quotes from insurance providers, contact InsuraMatch for quick results. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

NJM Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Amira ** is extremely rude, lazy and unprofessional. She never once contacted me in regards to updates to my claim or the fact that the other driving was trying to claim. I was at fault although it was clear on the police report that he was at fault 100%. I had to go above her to get things moving. I have been in my rental for a almost 30 days without so much as one call from Amira until I lost my patience and began calling her and her supervisor Kathleen ** taking time away from my job to try and get information on my car.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

We've had NJM for over 13 years, auto and homeowner's insurance. Rates have steadily increased over the years, which is understandable. HOWEVER, when we added our twin, 17 year old, newly licensed daughters to our policy, our annual premium went from $3,000 to $7700!!! Way more than double! We still had the same three cars we always had. Just added the girls. That $7700 rate also included the good student discounts. We've also had NO CLAIMS, NO POINTS, NO ACCIDENTS!!! Absolute robbery on the part of NJM and the NJ car insurance industry!! Needless to say, we switched to another carrier that was $3000 less than what NJM demanded. Despicable!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

We now have AAA Roadside Assistance thanks to NJM! Working with NJM's Roadside Assistance (which is included in our insurance coverage) was a horrible experience! My vehicle broke down and had to be towed. My husband and I both tried calling, but kept getting an automated system. I finally just stopped resisting and went through the whole request process through automation. Shortly after, we received a text stating that it would be a 90 minute ETA for the tow truck which was understandable since it was 11:00 p.m. at night. I ended up canceling the tow request and got an Uber home since it was so late.

On the way back to my vehicle the next morning, I called NJM Roadside Assistance again for a new tow request. I spoke to a live person and asked her if it was normal for it to be automated after a certain time. She said no, and that she would have to speak to her supervisor about that. I gave her all of my information and was told I would receive a text with the tow truck information and ETA.

After 30 minutes, I still had not received a text so I called back. They said the request was put on hold, but they didn't know why. So, I had to give them all of the information again with no explanation as to what happened with our first request. I then received a text with a 90 min ETA. When we had approximately 15 minutes left to wait, we received a call stating that the tow truck backed out due to a multi-vehicle accident. They stated they would send me a new text with a new tow truck company and ETA.

We received the text with a 60 minute ETA; however, the price for this tow increased by $30. The tow truck finally arrived, and we followed him to our garage. When we went to sign the paperwork, the tow truck driver advised that NJM did not include the tolls cost in our final price. He was nice enough to let it go, but he also mentioned that the other tow company is known for backing out and NJM is aware of it. So, in the end, we wasted an entire day waiting because NJM dropped the ball several times throughout this entire process. While we waited for the tow, we signed up with AAA who we always had previously, but cancelled when we got NJM. Now we know better so thanks NJM for letting us know that your roadside assistance leaves much to be desired!!!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I got my car repaired and fixed, and their Claims Dept (Tina and Donna) would not reimburse the money. They cheat and betray and back out on their own words, even when everything is documented. They are bunch of liars and cheaters. Now I would have to take them to the court.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

My family and I were in an accident that totaled the car. No one was seriously hurt and the other party was at fault. I called NJM to start the process as I was unfamiliar with what to do after an accident, further, I was still in a malaise and not thinking too clearly. Since it happened on a Saturday, I went ahead on Sunday to get a rental car. I booked something similar ($100/day) to transport the family, plus I put out the $90 to get a Lyft back home.

When NJM called me back, they said I was not authorized to spend $100 per day for the car. I had just assumed they would get the money for me from the other insurance company. It took forever, I had returned the car so I am out $300 and was using my wife's car as NJM stated if I don't use my rental they can apply to the bottom line for my car. We needed to wait for the police report, which took over a week, then started to review the claim. They came back with such a low amount I stated there is no way I could buy what I had on that. So they said they would re-review it. I gave them 3 examples what I could find, be it I could only find the exact model in other states. They said they could not use that. I asked them to show me what car they found and only gave me a lame report. No examples.

Finally they came back with about $1k more and during this time I went and found an older car which was not the same model and had less features for $2k more than what they gave me. Plus I had a $2k deductible and have not received that and not sure if I will be. When I received the check there was a letter that stated NJM may find you the same car and buy it, or buy you something similar or make up the difference. I was like, "WHAT? You tell me this after you drag your feet and I buy something because I need to get to work?" I reply back and after 3 weeks they tell me, "Sorry you don't get any more." So I am out almost $5k out of pocket expenses and have had a very bad experience. I will be checking other insurance companies and switching as soon as I can. I am a long time member too, 23 years. :(

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NJM Auto Insurance?

Original review: July 6, 2018

I recently became a homeowner because of the death of my father. He had homeowners insurance with NJM. Now I have homeowners insurance with NJM. I have had auto insurance with NJM for many years. I can now bundle auto and homeowners insurance. I should receive a 15% discount on my homeowners insurance. Not exactly. Depending on how one does the math I am either going to be paying just as much as my father would have paid or a little bit more (I just received a statement with my father's name on it for 2018/2019, that is how I know). I had to get a new homeowners insurance insurance policy - I could not just transfer information from my father's policy to mine, even though nothing else has changed. The 15% discount has DISAPPEARED. All to the advantage of NJM.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I'm currently really annoyed with NJM. I took a defensive driving course and got the certificate for it in March. My plan just renewed (June)... and I haven't even made my first payment for the renewal yet, it's not due till the end of the month. I called them to ask them what I should do about the certificate and they told me "It's likely this won't be applied to your insurance this year since your policy already started." (AGAIN. Didn't even make my first payment.) I've been an NJM customer for 13 years, and I'm fighting this because I think this is absolutely ridiculous. This is really the first issue that I've ever had with them, but I'm SUPER annoyed.

The entire reason I took the defensive driving course was because I learned that they give you a discount on your plan if you do so. My premium is sky high for no reason, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that this is an issue, seeing as how I'm trying to get a discount. Money Money Money. Way more important than their customers and customer service.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I filed a claim with N.J. Manufacturers about a three years ago. I was involved in a minor car accident out of state. I was stopped in heavy traffic on the Pa. Turnpike and my foot slipped off the brake pedal in my car and I rolled into the car in front of me. I pulled to the side of the road and checked to make sure no one was hurt, etc. The owner of the car was very hostile and when I suggested that we should contact the police, she refused. To make a long story short, I continued on to my destination in Pa and the women went her way. We did in fact exchange driver's license, insurance cards, etc.

I telephoned N.J. Manufacturers that very day and explained to them what had happened. There was no damage to any one in either vehicle and very little damage to either car. After (2) years with no claims filed against me, this woman hired a lawyer and is now trying to sue me for damages physically for her son and damages to her vehicle. I have only had (2) calls from N.J. Manufacturers in last (3) years. I was told they were going to investigate this claim but as of this date I am still in the dark as to any outcome in this matter. I have had N.J. Manufacturers for many years and I don't say they are a bad company, but I still feel I have a black cloud hanging over my head and I don't know what to expect to happen in the future.

While I still feel N.J. Manufacturers is a great insurance company, I am a little disappointed in my current dealings with them, but I believe the company could keep me informed a little bit more as to the proceedings in my current situation and I hope that they are doing everything they can to resolve the present issue I have with a claim filed against me.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Filing a claim with NJM is very professional, easy and quick. Excellent coverage for a fair price, provides approved repair companies. Also, always a please calling, great customer service, quick payments!

Original review: April 10, 2018

My windshield was cracked in the summer and Safelite came out for repair, no problem. Then last week during one of the snow storms the crack grew larger splitting my windshield. I contacted NJM to report a windshield replacement claim and was on the phone a long time giving details of the claim and set up an appointment with Safelite. I contacted Safelite to confirm and they advised me NJM never set up a claim and my windshield had to be ordered and I had to now reschedule a new appointment date. Therefore if I didn't call I would have waited all day and no one would have showed. The damage ended up being under my deductible so my question is what did I actually need NJM for? The inadequate girl answering the phone, didn't even know how to process a claim properly.

NJM Auto Insurance Company Information