NetQuote.com

Compare Auto Insurance Companies

Research top Auto Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My wife just bought a new cell phone and evidently the previous owner of that particular number had requested a auto insurance quote from NetQuote, so she began getting harassing phone calls from NetQuote, leaving them messages 3 times not to call anymore as she was not interested which they paid no attention to. So, I looked up their number via Googling, and they gave me a disconnect number of 1-888-992-0342, then select choice #9 and you will be taken off the call list within 2 business days. I will repost if this is not done.

My agency is offered ad-aid through my direct carrier. Once the ad-aid term was completed, Net Quote continued to charge me for overpriced leads, after 3 different persons from my agency called to cancel the service. I would avoid this lead service.

Terrible company. I filled out a form for a "No Hassle" quote online. It stated I would receive 5 quotes in 15 seconds. No online quote given but apparently my number was given to every insurance company and auto dealer servicing my area. My phone is going crazy today and that is EXACTLY what I did NOT want. Never use NetQuote!

Not worth the money... They charged me 200 in one day when I had a cap on my account. They capture information so people that aren't interested in quotes or never pick up the phone so that you can’t verify that they're real people seeking quotes...

After 5 screens of prying questions (my age, height and weight... for homeowners insurance?), received an error message stating that my contact info was invalid and therefore the website could not provide quotes. Ironically it did provide me a link to Farmers Insurance website... Who owns this website? Farmers?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NetQuote.com?

Netquote's service and business practices are abusive with agents' money, time and trust. They sell recycled leads, fake leads and abused my finances. I have had a relationship with this company for over 9 years, and since they were bought out by 'Bankrate' they have been extremely abusive with agents and unsuspecting consumers that never requested quotes or requested a quote months prior. The quality of leads has diminished since 2007 possibly because of the industry and economy, but much of the quality has been because of unethical business practices by company executives and service staff.

I have had several conversations with supposed potential customers wanting quotes. Most would say they receive between 1 and 30 calls from different agencies both in and out of the State of Oregon; some international from a handful of people. The premise of Netquote's promise to agents that they only sell the leads to a maximum of 8 agents but mostly 4 agents will actually receive the same leads. Nevertheless, on average I have yet to see only 4 agents getting one lead, and in fact I would say because 'Bankrate' purchased "Insurme and AgentInsider" they actually have the same leads getting sold to all 3 companies, which demonstrates to me these leads are actually getting sold a minimum of 24xs (8x 3 companies) to be fair, which aligns with customer complaints when an agent calls.

I know that Bankrate is selling one lead to all 3 companies, because I have been with all 3 companies and checked with at least a couple of friends who were shocked to notice I received the same lead they had received when they purchased from 'Netquote' and I purchase from 'Insurme.' When you call the company because either the prospective client stated they didn't want to be called anymore because of constant calls, or because they never requested a quote or had requested a quote sometime ago and have since then found insurance elsewhere; the service staff is verbally abusive to various degrees. They tend to acknowledge you as either being a liar or an idiot, and they speak down to you constantly either way. 3 Names that stick out are "Sarah, Melissa and Brian..management Verna."

In all my years of being involved in business I have never felt like my clients owed me anything nor would I ever talk to them with an undermining tone if I disagreed with them. However the service staff has gotten really good at calling agents out, disrespecting them and their management. "Verna" does the same. No one listens to the individuals paying the company hard-earned cash. My biggest issue with this company I have referred this company to other agents--and I hear the same complaints over and over again; then they more or less steal my money by being unethical with how the company conducts business.

Just recently they took $400 from my bankcards then the next day closed my account with them. For no reason they just stole my money--never returned my money or even apologize for taking my money. Yet their service reps think you should tolerate the abuse. I have never seen such a shady operation in my entire life. I think with all the money and scamming that is going on with this company I am going to make it my goal to expose them. What is irritating most is that they are in bed with other internet lead providers from what I've understood listening to their staff--Quote Wizard, Insurance Leads or Allwebleads and a couple of other vendors. Their service reps say that they sometimes get leads from these other vendors, which obviously sell the same leads to their own agents. What a scam!!!

I am a new agent and out of desperation to get leads and I signed up with Netquote.com. In two days I got 5 “live leads” and four of the leads, Netquote.com were not able to talk with the clients. Netquote.com was able to connect me with one potential client. During the call transfer, the client refused to talk about insurance needs because “he is finishing up his lunch”. I tried to call him numerous times and he did not answer. I was able to connect with that client the next day, but he said that “he already got insurance from his friend”.

I called Netquote.com and requested for a credit. I was told “As long as the clients filled out the form and the information was proven to be correct, even bad leads, I must pay because I am not fast enough to call the clients”. I talked to their supervisor and he repeated the same. I then received a call back from another person and I told him what happened, and he repeated the same again. I threatened to raise this unethical practice to Federal Trade Commission; they just laughed at me and said “you have signed up the agreement”. Since this is a very poor business practice, therefore please be very careful to sign up with Netquote.com. They only interested in charging you and not providing you with reliable leads.

For the record, I am a veteran insurance agent with over 32 years of experience. I started as a one man shop in 1987 but grew my agency over 20 years to be very large and successful with 12 office locations and 140 employees that I sold several years ago. Unlike most insurance agents, I spent money to make money when it comes to advertising and making the phone ring. Therefore I’m not a penny pincher if something works. I quickly became bored with my retirement after selling my large operation and opened up a local agency to give me something to do. Although I had read the bad reviews about NetQuote leads, I reluctantly tried it because a few agents I know said the HO leads were okay some of the time. NetQuote had a promo going with leads at half price through the end of the year.

My first red flag after I signed up was that they charged me full price out of the gate until I called them to remind them of their own half price promo. After approximately 1 month and spending over $1,000 on the Preferred Auto and HO leads, I can tell you that NONE were any good. That is correct, not one lead was of any value and not one sale was ever completed from these lousy leads. Now NetQuote will tell you the key to making the sale is getting back to the person as soon as you get the lead. That advice is actually the precursor for blaming you for the zero results and not the quality of the lead itself. ‘You see, you’re just not fast enough’. Oh yeah? I can tell you that we jumped on every lead within seconds if we received it when we were awake and in the office. I stay awake and in the office because the timing of many leads were a joke.

We received many of our leads anywhere from 3:00AM to 6:00AM when an instantaneous response call from us was impossible. But when we could immediately call a customer many said, “Oh I already talked to St Farm”. Talked to St Farm?!?! How could you have talked to St Farm and hung up the phone when I just got your lead two seconds ago? It certainly isn’t the customer’s fault. Could it be that the lead was in fact not fresh and just a regurgitated one being bled dry for its fee potential by NetQuote? I already talked to St Farm, was only some of the results we encountered. There were many, many leads with bogus info. But the kicker was that the majority said they never asked for a quote or could not remember filling out a quote request. How could you not remember filling out a quote request when NetQuote is telling me you just did it a few seconds ago and that speed is everything?

Others said that they had been inundated with calls from other agents and therefore not thrilled to hear from us. How could these people been inundated with calls from agents when NetQuote tells me I’m just one of a few agents who gets the lead from a specific zip code? When asked, NetQuotes response was, “they can lie to you”. Having NetQuote accusing the leads as possible liars is somewhat like the pot calling the kettle black. So much for lead freshness and quality. We also received leads that contained info for people who had died, not recently but up to a year ago. We were also the lucky recipient of a lead from Canada. NetQuote could have caught that one by the phone number. But apparently it was our job to catch it after we had been charged.

We had one lead allegedly from a woman in our town (Eastern Time Zone) who was so upset that we had her info that she called her husband on a business trip in California. He called us directly at 9:00AM our time/6:00AM his time demanding the name of someone he could talk to about how their information was obtained. I told him that we were trying out NetQuote and were equally upset about the bogus acquisition of people’s personal information. He turned out to be a nice guy once I explained that we were unwitting victims as well of NetQuote practices. I gave him NetQuote’s phone number and wished him luck.

I called NetQuote on numerous occasions to explain what we were encountering and to question the lead quality. No explanation from NetQuote provided any clarity for our dilemma. They did confess that they buy leads from other sources (partners) who may obtain a person’s info that thinks they are entering a free drawing. Gee, I can open up a phone book and get leads of that quality for free by cold calling. NetQuote also stated that their lead partners may provide lesser quality leads than the ones they supposedly generate but that they monitor it to minimize the bad ones. Judging from our experience, quality control is non-existent. But why bother with quality when NetQuote apparently does just fine selling anything as a lead to agents hanging onto the hope that one might actually be a good one?

Insurance regulations are heavy handed when it comes to agents misrepresenting or concealing material facts. Funny how a racket like NetQuote does not operate by the same standards that we have to live by. Needless to say, NetQuote has been fired from this agency for those very reasons. Buyer beware to those agents considering NetQuote. The facts speak for themselves.

P.S. Those positive reviews that show up on other websites are suspicious at best when you aren’t allowed to post your own experience. My guess is that it’s just another website controlled by NetQuote to counter the bad reviews that are the actual truth. Clever people, aren’t they?

I attempted to get a free quote for health insurance online. Within seconds of hitting the submit button, I received a phone call. I proceeded to get 25 phone calls in one day from various people trying to sell me insurance. The worst was a company called AHB Sales, LLC. They called me 16 times yesterday, were argumentative, rude, and refused to allow me to speak with a supervisor. So far today, I have had 7 calls from people trying to sell me insurance despite me telling them all to put me on their "do not call" list. Every one of these 32 calls in a day and a half have come from NetQuote.com feeding them my number.

I called to inquire about their services. The man told me how it works and informed me there was a free trial. He said I would get 5 free leads but he needed a CC to provide these. He stated My card would only be charged 1$ just to activate the acct. They took 100$ from my acct and the phone # they gave me is a non-working phone #. As stated with all the other reviews, these people are crooks and liars. If you have money to give away then give them a try. Oh yea, I am unable to reach them to get my leads.

I purchased their Medicare leads and honest to God they are horrible leads, from wrong numbers to customers saying they never requested information to you name it. When you review the reviews on how NetQuote says there are 0 callers ahead of you and you wait FOREVER, it's amazing how if you wanted to open an acct, how fast they answer. Unbelievable. My advice is buyer beware. I will NEVER buy from them again. I made a mistake.

Out of the clear blue sky, I start getting phone calls offering me insurance estimates. I'm on every do-not-call list I can find. They're selling you guys illegal numbers.

I began doing business with NetQuote a few months ago. They put me on their automatic billing program and I began using their service. After calling to ask simple questions like "how can I import my leads?" but being on hold for over 10 minutes each time, I resorted to using the internal contact form that is built in to my individual account. To this day, NO ONE has replied to any of my emails that I have ever remitted. The earliest one was a week ago.

When I called today to make sure it was cancelled, the automated system let me know that I was next in line so I held. Then the system proceeded to say "There are 0 callers in front of you." I still waited almost 5 more minutes before anyone came on the line. I explained my dissatisfaction to the rep, who then informed that only one person is answering the emails and there is a "considerable backlog." Seriously... one person? Even if they had to temporarily bring in some folks to at least clean out the email that would just be smart business sense. Anyways, the rep then sent me over to another department where "Greg" helped me cancel the account and refund out my balance. The leads are okay but the customer service issues are going to hurt this company in the end.

I started an account with them and told them I just wanted 10 names per month to see how it worked. They then proceeded to send me more names than I requested, while charging my card for more than I agreed to. 10 names per month was supposed to be $100.00 per month but instead they would send me 10 names in a week and then charge my card again so they would get up to $200.00 - $300.00 per month out of my card. They are lying bastards that are trying to rob hardworking people. The worst kind of scum. Tell anyone you know that may need to use this sort of service. Hardworking people need to save each other from these rotten scum bag con artists.

They had their so-called deal: You get 15 free leads, all you have to do is have a $100.00 on an account. So after the free leads are gone, they can send you 10 more which would equal up to the 100, that was if you liked the leads, they will start using that 100 that was in your account. They said, "Don't worry, we just have to have a card on file. If you want to stop anytime, it's ok..." Repeated to them, "I don't want you to take any more of that..." "OH, DON'T WORRY, WE WON'T. Well, ok it's just to have your account open... You will just have to call afterwards if you don't want to start!!!" Then I am getting all these bogus leads. Most of them have already been called or they never wanted info, wrong numbers...

So I called. "You will have to wait until your 100 is gone..." Well since then, they have charged again. Called and said, "I want to cancel. Don't charge me anymore." They say you have a credit and then they won't put me through to manager and I say, "You charged me again!!" Bottom line, they will suck the life out of you and will try not to cancel you!! They are playing games and they get you to check a box to receive your first 15 leads that makes them able to keep charging your account!!! Don't do it!! They called back and said, "Today, you will lose your returned lead money if you cancel today." Well, that is almost all the leads that have sent me!! So if you cancel, you lose money; if you don't, you lose money. They are the biggest scammers!!!!!!

They are illegally taking money from your account, even after you say cancel... Now make sure you say, "Cancel my account" because if you say, "Connect me to a manager," they don't and won't. Say, "Cancel my Account again" and they say, "You will lose money on what is left." Well stop taking money and they won't be anything on it and they say, "Why don't you call back when it is done." But before you can, they take more money without your permission!! It goes on and on. Big scammers!!!!!!! Should I say it again? Illegal taking money out of your account!!!

While this business is a numbers game, the numbers at NetQuotes don't justify the cost. For the same money, I would have been better off doing a mass mailing. I did NetQuotes for several months, for life insurance leads, continuously getting very bad leads. By bad leads, I mean people who are uninsurable, thought they were going to win something, or people who had been overwhelmed by the onslaught of calls that ultimately drove them mad and frustrated. The few truly interested prospects, mostly high risk clients, wanted a lot of insurance for a little bit of monthly premiums and were quite dismayed to learn that they might have to pay more. I started using a different service that assured me they were not associated with Bankrate, the NetQuotes parent company, and started getting the exact same leads, only five minutes after the other service sent them.

Used the company a few years ago. Leads were fair, not great. I decided to try again, only to realize after the last 60 plus days, their leads are from several different sources. I was told they only go to 3-5 agents in the area, but the few prospects I was able to contact tell a different story. Many, many of the leads have disconnected numbers. A few are pass around old leads (weeks to months old) where they are passed from company to company. Many of the leads were people on other websites, either looking for a job or some other service.

The bottom line, I spent as much time returning the leads as calling them. A large number were unreachable (some to be expected). I believe my return rate was well over 50% and actual contacts looking for insurance was very small. Not a good company to purchase leads from in my opinion.

Our office currently is using Netquote, Quote Wizard and iLeads. Netquote by far has the worst customer service. They also do not give as much credit for bad leads as other vendors. They only give you a 10-day window to request credit. If you get a wrong # and they are unable to make contact with that wrong #, you will not receive credit. They recycle leads as well. I would not suggest them and I am trying to convince our agent here to drop Netquote.

I have never signed up with NetQuote nor have I requested auto insurance quotes. I am getting harassed daily by all sorts of auto insurance companies via phone, email and mail because they took my old information from somewhere and sold it as new. I don't even live in the state where these insurance agents are located. If I were a business owner paying for these quotes, I would be livid! As it is, I'm ticked off that I am being bothered all day long! I can tell you that I will never do business via NetQuote or their associates.

I signed up with NetQuote to receive insurance leads. They are a joke! Most of the leads I received were bogus phone numbers, names and/or addresses. Or the folks I contacted stated they did not request the information. Lastly, I even verified one lead given. It was 5 years old (the family had sold the house at listed address 5 years ago). When you bring it to their attention by requesting a credit, they do not process credits timely and keep recharging your credit card. I had to actually put a block on my credit card to prevent them from recharging it until they process all of my credit requests. Due to this, my online account was suspended, and yet, they kept on sending me leads and charging me. And because I could not access my account, I could not request credits. They finally processed credits and sent me even more leads again attempting to recharge my credit card. So I called customer service today, which was absolutely useless, and cancelled my account.

NetQuote gave my phone number to other insurance companies. I did not contact NetQuote or give them authority to give out my phone number to anyone. I am on the national do not call list and want my phone number removed immediately. Bankers Life and Casualty called today saying they got my phone number from NetQuote, when I was searching the net. I do not want my phone numbers given to any company. I thought that was what the do not call list was supposed to be all about.

I began getting emails from home insurance providers responding to my 'quote request for home insurance'. I contacted the agents, asking where they got my information. One of the agents kindly forwarded an email that she had received from NetQuote with my contact information. Here's the thing. I never visited that website, I am not a homeowner, the address listed was not current, the phone number provided is no longer in service, and none of the information about the house was correct. To top it all off, the contact info said I was male (wrong!). Essentially, it looked like some bot filled in the request form using a name, address, email, and phone number that had been bought of some spam service and randomly filled in the information about the house.

When I called NetQuote to get my name off their list, I asked the woman if it was a common occurrence for people to have their email addresses submitted fraudulently. Her response was "It does happen.” As a random person, this is a hassle. If I was an insurance agent paying for their services, I'd be pissed. Don't use this service. I can tell you first hand that they do not get their leads from real people!

I used to do business with NetQuote in 2006/2007 and was satisfied. Eventually, leads were not purchased any longer due to the quality of the leads. I was told yesterday on the phone that the company has changed their methods and ways of obtaining leads - after receiving 6 "leads," it is business as usual - no answers (which is not a reason for credit) and 1 bad phone number.

I am both dissatisfied and angry about my experience with NetQuote. I plead with other agents not to use any of these so-called lead resources from the internet. I received the email text that someone had requested information about insurance. When I called the potential customer, they either indicated that they were not interested in insurance or they didn't complete anything on the internet about insurance. So I asked one lady what exactly did she request from the internet and she told me the survey said she would have a chance to win an iPad. She didn't know she was requesting information about insurance.

NetQuote is doing bogus advertisements to capture people's information on the internet and then send the information to insurance agents. I spoke with someone this morning and he indicated that they would refund my $100. I better see a credit on my account tomorrow. I plead with others to not use these insurance lead programs. It is a big scam!

Around two years ago, I completed a NetQuote quote request form via Facebook. Shortly thereafter, I received the expected tidal wave of calls, emails, and physical mailings from agents at various insurance companies. I quickly found the rates I was looking for and signed up with the agencies that made the most sense for me. Unfortunately, that was just the beginning of what has become a quarterly cycle in which I am repeatedly contacted by agents from various companies.

Every three months since I submitted my quote request, I am again contacted numerous times by numerous agents from numerous insurance companies. The first couple of times this happened, I just shrugged it off and assumed that my contact information would "age out" of your database after another cycle or two. But since it has happened approximately ten times now, it's clear that unless specific and decisive action is taken, I will continue to be harassed every three months for the rest of my life.

Without exception, every agent whose call I have answered tells me that NetQuote sold them my contact information. Thus, it is readily apparent that NetQuote is recycling and reselling that information on a quarterly basis, thereby wasting not only my time but NetQuote's insurance agency clients' money. With that in mind, I have demanded several times that NetQuote remove my contact information (name, email address, telephone number, and physical mailing address) from their database immediately and take whatever measures are necessary to prevent my information from being returned to that database moving forward.

Every time I've actually spoken with someone at NetQuote, they've told me that someone resubmitted a new quote request online within the preceding week, but they are unable to tell me the specific source of that alleged new request (i.e., the website from which it was submitted). This is utter nonsense. If this quarterly cycle of NetQuote reselling my contact information continues, I'm going to have to spend money to enlist the assistance of my attorney, as well as the state and federal agencies responsible for regulating their business. What a horrible, capricious scam.

I have been getting a never-ending barrage of unsolicited insurance calls. I signed up online about two years ago to get insurance quotes. At this point, I don't even know if I signed up with NetQuote, or if I signed up with another company who sold my information to NetQuote after I tried to have myself removed from all databases. I do not want any more calls, but every six months, NetQuote is apparently selling my personal information to numerous insurance agents as "leads". I want it to stop. So far, I have yet to find a phone number or email address that actually gets a response or lets me leave a voicemail. I am going to give them a few more days to contact me before I file a complaint with the BBB. I am obviously quite irritated by this entire process. Also, I am trying to build my credit up, and even though insurance inquiries are "soft hits", I still do not want them showing up on my credit history every six months from two to four different companies.

These jerks keep distributing my information to all the insurance agents in the area, fraudulently claiming that I have requested an auto insurance quote for Jaguar. I don't own, nor have I ever owned, a Jaguar. This immediately causes my phone to ring off the hook for several days, and I get to explain to all these people that no, I am not interested in buying insurance. I contacted NetQuote and politely asked them to remove my information from their system, and they said they would comply, but here I am 4 months later, and it's happening again. I have filed a complaint with my State's Attorney General.

Unsolicited calls for fake insurance: Netquote.com is selling my information to other insurance agencies. This is a matter of privacy. I am registered to No Call list. Several calls were telling me that I had wanted a "quote" for insurance. No such thing.

I bought a Nissan Versa over a year ago, got Geico insurance and keep being bombarded with emails and phone calls. They are sending request for quotes that I didn't ask for. I'm happy with Geico and want this to stop. I've had to get rude with these insurance people.

I have recently been getting many phone calls from auto insurance companies telling me that they have gotten a lead to me from Netquotes. The person at last company that called said the lead was that I was inquiring about additional insurance for my Lotus. Yeah, I wish! (I have a 2003 Civic). I have never gone online to Netquotes and I cannot reach them via their "Contact Us" tab on a Google search. I do not understand how this company (or any company, for that matter) can bypass the Do Not Call lists I am on for both my landline and cell phone numbers. These recent calls are not to my business, nor are they from charities, etc., but from companies that want to sell me something. Why is Netquotes allowed to stay in business if they do stuff like this?

NetQuote.com Company Profile