Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
1.15/5
Based on 39 reviews that contain star ratings

NetQuote.com

NetQuote.com is an online service that allows you to compare insurance rates from providers. NetQuote is not an InsuraMatch partner. If you want to see quotes from multiple providers with a simple, 10-minute phone conversation, call InsuraMatch today. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

If you’re looking to get the scoop on multiple insurance companies at once, NetQuote provides a free service to get quotes online. By filling out one form, you can get up to 10 policy quotes in just four to six minutes.

PROS

• Compare top companies at one time
  • Only fill out one quote form
  • Save $500 or more

CONS

• You still have to contract with the individual company to actually get coverage.

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

50 NetQuote.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 19, 2012

I have been getting a never-ending barrage of unsolicited insurance calls. I signed up online about two years ago to get insurance quotes. At this point, I don't even know if I signed up with NetQuote, or if I signed up with another company who sold my information to NetQuote after I tried to have myself removed from all databases. I do not want any more calls, but every six months, NetQuote is apparently selling my personal information to numerous insurance agents as "leads". I want it to stop. So far, I have yet to find a phone number or email address that actually gets a response or lets me leave a voicemail. I am going to give them a few more days to contact me before I file a complaint with the BBB. I am obviously quite irritated by this entire process. Also, I am trying to build my credit up, and even though insurance inquiries are "soft hits", I still do not want them showing up on my credit history every six months from two to four different companies.

Original review: May 1, 2012

These jerks keep distributing my information to all the insurance agents in the area, fraudulently claiming that I have requested an auto insurance quote for Jaguar. I don't own, nor have I ever owned, a Jaguar. This immediately causes my phone to ring off the hook for several days, and I get to explain to all these people that no, I am not interested in buying insurance. I contacted NetQuote and politely asked them to remove my information from their system, and they said they would comply, but here I am 4 months later, and it's happening again. I have filed a complaint with my State's Attorney General.

Original review: April 26, 2012

Unsolicited calls for fake insurance: Netquote.com is selling my information to other insurance agencies. This is a matter of privacy. I am registered to No Call list. Several calls were telling me that I had wanted a "quote" for insurance. No such thing.

Original review: March 20, 2012

I bought a Nissan Versa over a year ago, got Geico insurance and keep being bombarded with emails and phone calls. They are sending request for quotes that I didn't ask for. I'm happy with Geico and want this to stop. I've had to get rude with these insurance people.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2012

I have recently been getting many phone calls from auto insurance companies telling me that they have gotten a lead to me from Netquotes. The person at last company that called said the lead was that I was inquiring about additional insurance for my Lotus. Yeah, I wish! (I have a 2003 Civic). I have never gone online to Netquotes and I cannot reach them via their "Contact Us" tab on a Google search. I do not understand how this company (or any company, for that matter) can bypass the Do Not Call lists I am on for both my landline and cell phone numbers. These recent calls are not to my business, nor are they from charities, etc., but from companies that want to sell me something. Why is Netquotes allowed to stay in business if they do stuff like this?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NetQuote.com?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2012

I was sold a program that included 15 free leads and then $15/lead. Two out of the first 10 were bad with bad information with one and the second lead was bogus with the lady saying she never filled out anything anywhere online. Well, you have to believe her, she was yelling at me to take her off the list. I contacted NetQuote and the member services dept. said they were free and could not be credited. I said that was part of the program and they were legit bad leads. Who would not say who he was or anything about anybody else? I hung up and will contact the President shortly.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2011

I cancelled after receiving the 15 free leads, and now they are harassing me to pay over $400.00. The leads received were bogus, and most had not requested a call, and the others were poor phone numbers and emails. They now have a lawyer contacting me.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2011

I had a horrible time trying to cancel NetQuote insurance leads. They were giving me way more than I could handle or asked for and definitely not quality the leads that I paid for. It took 2 months to get through after waiting on the phone for 35 minutes. Now, I get a call from an attorney, saying I owe them $455.00 that I never paid. I had to dig up bank statements to prove that I paid. I felt like it was another scam.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2011

I have had 3 unsolicited calls from this company or companies they have sold my name, phone number, and address to. The people who are doing the calling have stated that I requested a quote online. I have not. In fact, they told me that the request was made at a time when no one was home to be online. This company needs to be investigated.

Original review: June 27, 2011

This company has taken a turn the last couple of months as far as lead credits go. They have a cap of 25% as the number of leads you can ask for credit per month, even though 50% or more are bogus leads. I would not recommend anyone to use their service.

Original review: June 8, 2011

I have been purchasing NetQuote leads for a year. The quality of the lead is getting worse. Because I asked for too many credits on my leads, Loss Prevention has restricted my ability to ask for credit to 25% of my leads. I am not getting the service that I am paying for. NetQuote is charging me for bogus leads and not allowing me to request credit. They are stealing my money.

Original review: May 8, 2011

This company has billed me for over $1000 worth of leads, after I requested to be removed from the service during the "free-trial period". As has been documented by many others about this company, the leads that were provided were not viable. They had been sold to numerous other agents, or the potential customers had never reached out for contact to begin with. I realized this within the first week of the service, and quickly asked for the leads to be discontinued. It was refused.

I settled, over the course of the next 6-8 months, for an amount of $368 with one of their collection firms. They have now hired an attorney to collect an additional $984, as they would not quit sending leads as requested. Currently, I am disputing with an attorney over an additional $984 of non-viable leads (none of which were ever used or called). Two certified letters have been sent over this dispute, costing me currently around $11. Please advise or help with anything that can be done.

Original review: April 21, 2011

Bankrate.com owns Netquote and several other internet lead generators of insurance prospects. Netquote reprocess leads from the affiliates who've already sold leads to as many as 15 agents. Then Netquote.com resells these leads to as many as 15 agents or insurance companies.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2010

I had the same experiences. Those leads are bad. When I called those leads, 98% said they didn't request and some said they didn't even know about it. It's such a waste of time. So I called the company NetQuote.com and told them that I don't want that lead after 10 bad leads I got from them. They still send it to me and I didn't even bother to use it until they freeze my account. They billed me for $330 for those. It's ridiculous and they said they can't help me to cancel the membership. I hate that company for being selfish. There's no guarantee and don't use it please. I'm a very fair person and I would pay whatever that I used but with them, they are blood suckers. Don't fall into their trap.

Original review: July 27, 2010

They sent a pop-up on my Facebook account looking like it was from a friend. It was not. It was from net quote and since then I have had all kinds of spam on my Facebook account along with other problems

Original review: July 9, 2010

There may be some agents out there that have used the Netquote system with some success, but, I can assure you my experience with this company has been a total waste of time. Of the 60 so-called leads given to me, most were non respondent, phone contact numbers were bogus, or the proposed prospect never made an inquiry. I have been in the insurance and securities business for more than 30 years and my track record for sales has been consistently in the top 5% of all producers. I am very good on the phone, and can assure you that my cold call percentages would have exceeded the waste of time pursuing these so called leads of Netquote.

I am convinced this company sells and resells these leads to up to more than 15 agents at a time. I was always quick on time of the receipt of the lead and the followup but, it was always a dead end result with all. Of all the leads given to me, I was able to actually talk to 7 people resulting in only 1 appointment/presentation. In the interview with this one appointment, I learned that the prospect had been contacted with at least 20 phone calls from various insurance agents and or financial planners. I have come to the conclusion that Netquote sells these so-called leads to as many as 15 agents at a time and expects everyone to pay for it.

The labor-intensive process of tracking the lead given to you, finding out that it's a dead end and filing the report to get a credit for a dead end become something that I would have needed to hire someone else to file the paperwork. Netquote has now sent my account to collection. They claim I owe them $345 which I have no intention in paying. I countered with an offer to pay for the 7 which were all a waste of time anyway. Apparently, they aren't interested. In the most recent contact with BJ **, apparently an in-house collection agent, I again repeated my offer. It seems it now has fallen on deaf ears. Netquote has also sent me emails that since my account is not up to date that these leads will be given to the next agent in line. I responded to Netquote that it would be fine with me if they sell them to someone else who will have the same experience as I have. This company is running a scam and something needs to be done about it.

Original review: May 14, 2010

I contacted NetQuote for some information concerning buying leads for insurance. During the conversation, Mr. Robert ** asked me what mile radius I would be willing to use for a lead. I told him I would be comfortable up to a 30-50-mile radius. At that time, he went into his system and started naming the number of leads he had available in the radius in which I had chosen.

After listening to the numbers of leads he had available, I was ready to move forward. He did explain that leads come in real-time and then they are disbursed among 2 to 4 agents. And also, that the first fifteen would be free. Nevertheless, I signed up for the system. Part of the agreement is to also spend two hundred dollars in no specific amount of time.

Well, after checking my account that day and the following day, still no leads. At that time, I started to become concerned, and I called to cancel my account, at which time, I spoke to a rep named Scott **. He said I couldn't cancel and that I was locked in until I meet the two hundred dollar commitment. I stated that by law, I had twenty-four hours to cancel my contract. He said, "With the internet, that law did not apply." Not only was Mr. Robert not sympathetic, he was laughing as if I was telling him a joke. Mr. Robert has yet to return any of my phone calls.

Original review: April 29, 2010

This company approached me as an insurance leads generation company by offering 15 free leads to try them. I accepted the offer and received the leads via email. The very leads were already sold to other agents before me and the people were not interested. NetQuote continued to send me leads via email after I requested to stop; receiving only bogus leads. This came up to $600.00. After much complaints and emails they agreed to give a 20% discount to settle the account. To this day, I have not reached any of those leads I paid for. They were all bogus or already sold to other agents. NetQuote is a Scam and I got burned.

Original review: March 24, 2009

NetQuote was contracted to provide my Allstate Insurance agency with leads that met my specifications. However, rather than receive a steady stream of leads, I would get nothing for weeks at a time and then receive 40-60 at once. (In one instance, on the Tuesday after Labor Day weekend.) Since these leads are time sensitive (insured's are asking for a quote because their current policy is expiring or they are about to purchase a vehicle) these leads were stale before they could be processed. In fact, no lead provided by NetQuote ever resulted in a sale for me. I contacted NetQuote to cancel my account and requested a refund for the latest batch of leads. They offered credits only on those with missing or incorrect phone #'s or email addresses, but not for the rest. They charged $555.00 to my credit card AFTER I requested my account be cancelled and without my authorization. I am disputing that charge and trying to get reimbursed. Now, they are sending me a collection bill for another $60.00 they claim I owe.

Original review: April 28, 2008

End of Oct, 2007, I spoke with Bob Weibel, Sales. He told me that the program aggreement was that I give him a CC # or a Debit card # to bill, commit to 90 days of leads, then if not happy, I can cancel.

I said that I had no income right now, so I refused to give hime a CC# or any other card #; I just wanted to get the 15 free quotes that he spoke about and see if they are any good. He agreed.

The second or third week in Nov., I tried to call Bob because I was unhappy with the leads-I wanted to cancel. He never called me back even though I left a message.
I called CS; spoke to Kelly. I told her that I was unhappy; she said that I still had more free leads, and said, "You may as well use them." So we changed the zip codes and I told her to send the free leads only. She agreed.

After a week or 2, the leads kept coming; I emailed them back to the company and sent emails to cancel my account. The leads kept coming.

I got an invoice for over $200 in Dec, stating that I owe them money.
They have been harrassing me by phone calls and emails ever since insisting that I used their leads and have not paid them.

I never agreed verbally or in writing. I want this harrassment stopped or I will take action.

NetQuote.com Company Information