2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.15/5

NetQuote is an online service that lets you compare insurance rates from multiple providers. By filling out a single form on the website, you can get up to 10 policy quotes within four to six minutes. NetQuote’s comparison tool is free to use, and the company partners with several leading auto insurers.

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

NetQuote.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NetQuote.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NetQuote.com?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2015

Netquote's service and business practices are abusive with agents' money, time and trust. They sell recycled leads, fake leads and abused my finances. I have had a relationship with this company for over 9 years, and since they were bought out by 'Bankrate' they have been extremely abusive with agents and unsuspecting consumers that never requested quotes or requested a quote months prior. The quality of leads has diminished since 2007 possibly because of the industry and economy, but much of the quality has been because of unethical business practices by company executives and service staff.

I have had several conversations with supposed potential customers wanting quotes. Most would say they receive between 1 and 30 calls from different agencies both in and out of the State of Oregon; some international from a handful of people. The premise of Netquote's promise to agents that they only sell the leads to a maximum of 8 agents but mostly 4 agents will actually receive the same leads. Nevertheless, on average I have yet to see only 4 agents getting one lead, and in fact I would say because 'Bankrate' purchased "Insurme and AgentInsider" they actually have the same leads getting sold to all 3 companies, which demonstrates to me these leads are actually getting sold a minimum of 24xs (8x 3 companies) to be fair, which aligns with customer complaints when an agent calls.

I know that Bankrate is selling one lead to all 3 companies, because I have been with all 3 companies and checked with at least a couple of friends who were shocked to notice I received the same lead they had received when they purchased from 'Netquote' and I purchase from 'Insurme.' When you call the company because either the prospective client stated they didn't want to be called anymore because of constant calls, or because they never requested a quote or had requested a quote sometime ago and have since then found insurance elsewhere; the service staff is verbally abusive to various degrees. They tend to acknowledge you as either being a liar or an idiot, and they speak down to you constantly either way. 3 Names that stick out are "Sarah, Melissa and Brian..management Verna."

In all my years of being involved in business I have never felt like my clients owed me anything nor would I ever talk to them with an undermining tone if I disagreed with them. However the service staff has gotten really good at calling agents out, disrespecting them and their management. "Verna" does the same. No one listens to the individuals paying the company hard-earned cash. My biggest issue with this company I have referred this company to other agents--and I hear the same complaints over and over again; then they more or less steal my money by being unethical with how the company conducts business.

Just recently they took $400 from my bankcards then the next day closed my account with them. For no reason they just stole my money--never returned my money or even apologize for taking my money. Yet their service reps think you should tolerate the abuse. I have never seen such a shady operation in my entire life. I think with all the money and scamming that is going on with this company I am going to make it my goal to expose them. What is irritating most is that they are in bed with other internet lead providers from what I've understood listening to their staff--Quote Wizard, Insurance Leads or Allwebleads and a couple of other vendors. Their service reps say that they sometimes get leads from these other vendors, which obviously sell the same leads to their own agents. What a scam!!!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2014

I am a new agent and out of desperation to get leads and I signed up with Netquote.com. In two days I got 5 “live leads” and four of the leads, Netquote.com were not able to talk with the clients. Netquote.com was able to connect me with one potential client. During the call transfer, the client refused to talk about insurance needs because “he is finishing up his lunch”. I tried to call him numerous times and he did not answer. I was able to connect with that client the next day, but he said that “he already got insurance from his friend”.

I called Netquote.com and requested for a credit. I was told “As long as the clients filled out the form and the information was proven to be correct, even bad leads, I must pay because I am not fast enough to call the clients”. I talked to their supervisor and he repeated the same. I then received a call back from another person and I told him what happened, and he repeated the same again. I threatened to raise this unethical practice to Federal Trade Commission; they just laughed at me and said “you have signed up the agreement”. Since this is a very poor business practice, therefore please be very careful to sign up with Netquote.com. They only interested in charging you and not providing you with reliable leads.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2014

For the record, I am a veteran insurance agent with over 32 years of experience. I started as a one man shop in 1987 but grew my agency over 20 years to be very large and successful with 12 office locations and 140 employees that I sold several years ago. Unlike most insurance agents, I spent money to make money when it comes to advertising and making the phone ring. Therefore I’m not a penny pincher if something works. I quickly became bored with my retirement after selling my large operation and opened up a local agency to give me something to do. Although I had read the bad reviews about NetQuote leads, I reluctantly tried it because a few agents I know said the HO leads were okay some of the time. NetQuote had a promo going with leads at half price through the end of the year.

My first red flag after I signed up was that they charged me full price out of the gate until I called them to remind them of their own half price promo. After approximately 1 month and spending over $1,000 on the Preferred Auto and HO leads, I can tell you that NONE were any good. That is correct, not one lead was of any value and not one sale was ever completed from these lousy leads. Now NetQuote will tell you the key to making the sale is getting back to the person as soon as you get the lead. That advice is actually the precursor for blaming you for the zero results and not the quality of the lead itself. ‘You see, you’re just not fast enough’. Oh yeah? I can tell you that we jumped on every lead within seconds if we received it when we were awake and in the office. I stay awake and in the office because the timing of many leads were a joke.

We received many of our leads anywhere from 3:00AM to 6:00AM when an instantaneous response call from us was impossible. But when we could immediately call a customer many said, “Oh I already talked to St Farm”. Talked to St Farm?!?! How could you have talked to St Farm and hung up the phone when I just got your lead two seconds ago? It certainly isn’t the customer’s fault. Could it be that the lead was in fact not fresh and just a regurgitated one being bled dry for its fee potential by NetQuote? I already talked to St Farm, was only some of the results we encountered. There were many, many leads with bogus info. But the kicker was that the majority said they never asked for a quote or could not remember filling out a quote request. How could you not remember filling out a quote request when NetQuote is telling me you just did it a few seconds ago and that speed is everything?

Others said that they had been inundated with calls from other agents and therefore not thrilled to hear from us. How could these people been inundated with calls from agents when NetQuote tells me I’m just one of a few agents who gets the lead from a specific zip code? When asked, NetQuotes response was, “they can lie to you”. Having NetQuote accusing the leads as possible liars is somewhat like the pot calling the kettle black. So much for lead freshness and quality. We also received leads that contained info for people who had died, not recently but up to a year ago. We were also the lucky recipient of a lead from Canada. NetQuote could have caught that one by the phone number. But apparently it was our job to catch it after we had been charged.

We had one lead allegedly from a woman in our town (Eastern Time Zone) who was so upset that we had her info that she called her husband on a business trip in California. He called us directly at 9:00AM our time/6:00AM his time demanding the name of someone he could talk to about how their information was obtained. I told him that we were trying out NetQuote and were equally upset about the bogus acquisition of people’s personal information. He turned out to be a nice guy once I explained that we were unwitting victims as well of NetQuote practices. I gave him NetQuote’s phone number and wished him luck.

I called NetQuote on numerous occasions to explain what we were encountering and to question the lead quality. No explanation from NetQuote provided any clarity for our dilemma. They did confess that they buy leads from other sources (partners) who may obtain a person’s info that thinks they are entering a free drawing. Gee, I can open up a phone book and get leads of that quality for free by cold calling. NetQuote also stated that their lead partners may provide lesser quality leads than the ones they supposedly generate but that they monitor it to minimize the bad ones. Judging from our experience, quality control is non-existent. But why bother with quality when NetQuote apparently does just fine selling anything as a lead to agents hanging onto the hope that one might actually be a good one?

Insurance regulations are heavy handed when it comes to agents misrepresenting or concealing material facts. Funny how a racket like NetQuote does not operate by the same standards that we have to live by. Needless to say, NetQuote has been fired from this agency for those very reasons. Buyer beware to those agents considering NetQuote. The facts speak for themselves.

P.S. Those positive reviews that show up on other websites are suspicious at best when you aren’t allowed to post your own experience. My guess is that it’s just another website controlled by NetQuote to counter the bad reviews that are the actual truth. Clever people, aren’t they?

Original review: July 24, 2014

I attempted to get a free quote for health insurance online. Within seconds of hitting the submit button, I received a phone call. I proceeded to get 25 phone calls in one day from various people trying to sell me insurance. The worst was a company called AHB Sales, LLC. They called me 16 times yesterday, were argumentative, rude, and refused to allow me to speak with a supervisor. So far today, I have had 7 calls from people trying to sell me insurance despite me telling them all to put me on their "do not call" list. Every one of these 32 calls in a day and a half have come from NetQuote.com feeding them my number.

Original review: June 17, 2014

I called to inquire about their services. The man told me how it works and informed me there was a free trial. He said I would get 5 free leads but he needed a CC to provide these. He stated My card would only be charged 1$ just to activate the acct. They took 100$ from my acct and the phone # they gave me is a non-working phone #. As stated with all the other reviews, these people are crooks and liars. If you have money to give away then give them a try. Oh yea, I am unable to reach them to get my leads.

Original review: May 8, 2014

I purchased their Medicare leads and honest to God they are horrible leads, from wrong numbers to customers saying they never requested information to you name it. When you review the reviews on how NetQuote says there are 0 callers ahead of you and you wait FOREVER, it's amazing how if you wanted to open an acct, how fast they answer. Unbelievable. My advice is buyer beware. I will NEVER buy from them again. I made a mistake.

Original review: April 16, 2014

Out of the clear blue sky, I start getting phone calls offering me insurance estimates. I'm on every do-not-call list I can find. They're selling you guys illegal numbers.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2014

I began doing business with NetQuote a few months ago. They put me on their automatic billing program and I began using their service. After calling to ask simple questions like "how can I import my leads?" but being on hold for over 10 minutes each time, I resorted to using the internal contact form that is built in to my individual account. To this day, NO ONE has replied to any of my emails that I have ever remitted. The earliest one was a week ago.

When I called today to make sure it was cancelled, the automated system let me know that I was next in line so I held. Then the system proceeded to say "There are 0 callers in front of you." I still waited almost 5 more minutes before anyone came on the line. I explained my dissatisfaction to the rep, who then informed that only one person is answering the emails and there is a "considerable backlog." Seriously... one person? Even if they had to temporarily bring in some folks to at least clean out the email that would just be smart business sense. Anyways, the rep then sent me over to another department where "Greg" helped me cancel the account and refund out my balance. The leads are okay but the customer service issues are going to hurt this company in the end.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2014

I started an account with them and told them I just wanted 10 names per month to see how it worked. They then proceeded to send me more names than I requested, while charging my card for more than I agreed to. 10 names per month was supposed to be $100.00 per month but instead they would send me 10 names in a week and then charge my card again so they would get up to $200.00 - $300.00 per month out of my card. They are lying ** that are trying to rob hardworking people. The worst kind of scum. Tell anyone you know that may need to use this sort of service. Hardworking people need to save each other from these rotten scum bag con artists.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2013

They had their so-called deal: You get 15 free leads, all you have to do is have a $100.00 on an account. So after the free leads are gone, they can send you 10 more which would equal up to the 100, that was if you liked the leads, they will start using that 100 that was in your account. They said, "Don't worry, we just have to have a card on file. If you want to stop anytime, it's ok..." Repeated to them, "I don't want you to take any more of that..." "OH, DON'T WORRY, WE WON'T. Well, ok it's just to have your account open... You will just have to call afterwards if you don't want to start!!!" Then I am getting all these bogus leads. Most of them have already been called or they never wanted info, wrong numbers...

So I called. "You will have to wait until your 100 is gone..." Well since then, they have charged again. Called and said, "I want to cancel. Don't charge me anymore." They say you have a credit and then they won't put me through to manager and I say, "You charged me again!!" Bottom line, they will suck the life out of you and will try not to cancel you!! They are playing games and they get you to check a box to receive your first 15 leads that makes them able to keep charging your account!!! Don't do it!! They called back and said, "Today, you will lose your returned lead money if you cancel today." Well, that is almost all the leads that have sent me!! So if you cancel, you lose money; if you don't, you lose money. They are the biggest scammers!!!!!!

They are illegally taking money from your account, even after you say cancel... Now make sure you say, "Cancel my account" because if you say, "Connect me to a manager," they don't and won't. Say, "Cancel my Account again" and they say, "You will lose money on what is left." Well stop taking money and they won't be anything on it and they say, "Why don't you call back when it is done." But before you can, they take more money without your permission!! It goes on and on. Big scammers!!!!!!! Should I say it again? Illegal taking money out of your account!!!

NetQuote.com Company Information