Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare Quotes
Nationwide - Homeowners
3.95/5

Nationwide - Homeowners

Nationwide Insurance provides home and auto insurance for clients across the country. Nationwide is not an InsuraMatch verified carrier. Contact InsuraMatch to receive multiple quotes from insurance companies to find the right carrier for you. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare and Save - Protect Your Home

Compare Quotes

275 Nationwide - Homeowners Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Nationwide has the best price I could find for what I'm looking for and also I bundle it with my car insurance. Before I sign up I checked the reviews online and all I asked some people around that I know. I want to see that my premium it will not go high if I file for a claim. I want to feel that I'm safe and I can do the best. What I dislike the most is when I cannot reach my agent or my agent is not very helpful. I want to feel that I can depend and my agent is there for me.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Nationwide had the best deal at the time of renewal area. The company was quick to renew with no hassles... Covers what is needed to have on policy... it's a peace of mind to have. Always keep updated each year. The company makes the client informed when due and what should be added. But I wish it to be cheaper. Prices are high as usually the cost is hard to maintain for a average family. Also wishes always there were more companies to compare with cost but never enough time...

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I had Nationwide home/auto bundle insurance for 3 years, during which time I had multiple extremely negative experiences with this company. One time they screwed up some paperwork on their side, and cancelled our home insurance by mistake. To make it worse they informed our mortgage lender of this cancellation, which caused a lot of stress for me as they could have led to some serious issues with the lender. I had to spend a lot of time and energy to straighten things out for a mistake that Nationwide made.

Another time, when I started a home-based business, I called this company and asked them if they had any business insurance plans that I can bundle with home. They directed me to an affiliate of theirs for business insurance. A couple of months later, I received an email from them asking me to call them, without explaining in the email what the call was about. I called them but had to leave a message. A few weeks later, the same email again.

Finally, I got in touch with someone, who started claiming that they would cancel my home insurance because I had started a business!!! Note, they never explained during my first phone call that my insurance plan excluded the possibility of starting a home-based business. Instead, they made it sound like I was starting a business without letting them know. What a rude, disloyal, and unprofessional way to handle a repeat customer. And by the way, through all these, they kept increasing the insurance cost by a dollar or two every month, with no explanation! Stay away from this company.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I was recommended by my local agent. This company gave me the best price and was streamlined. I was told that they offer rewards for loyalty as well. I am very pleased. They are easy to do business with and have great plans and payment options. A lot of things can be done online. They also have knowledgeable agents. However, I wish their mobile application worked a little better. I also wish they had better options of bundling different policies. Other than that, Nationwide is a great company.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I would choose this homeowners insurance policy over other insurance policies because it's retro. Other insurance policies don't have the standards set straight than Nationwide insurance. I like this homeowners insurance policy. I like the comradery between the agents in the insurance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nationwide Insurance?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

The price is high and it goes up if you use it but you must have insurance and Nationwide was everything I wanted. They are well known and have a long history of faithfulness to their customers. Great coverage. The price and the features are fantastic and the people are great. The company has never let me down and I don't ever expect them to disappoint me. If they did I would find another company.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

The only reason that I like my insurance company is because of my agent. Otherwise the price is too high but my agent helped make it more affordable. She didn't let the company rip me off. My agent is the best. She walked me through my policy and told me everything that I needed and didn't need for my area. She was honest and straightforward about everything and gave me the best rates possible.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

When I first purchased my policy, I went with a local agent that was recommended by my in-laws. Nationwide has many options to choose from and the price was good then as well. I like that they offer a flood insurance rider. I think that's important. But prices are going up, so I am not sure if Nationwide is an economical policy. I am thinking about bundling coverage, but haven't been given an incentive. But it's nice that it's a local branch office. The people in the local office are friendly and helpful. Customer service from corporate is not the best.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I already had an auto insurance policy with Nationwide. After comparing their coverage with similar coverage from other insurance companies, I found that Nationwide's coverage was as good or better and their prices were about the same or lower than other companies. Nationwide is a privately owned company so no stockholders to satisfy. They give discounts for multiple-policy coverage (home and auto). They give you the option of signing up with a local agent to service your policy or of signing up through their website so everything can be handled locally &/or through the website.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I have been insured by Nationwide for over 55 years and have always trusted them and their agents. My parents also trusted them. I like their exceptional agent, very pro-active, down to earth and willing to inform and provide any discounts I may be eligible for. However, after a house fire 25 years ago, adjusters should be better trained and more sympathetic to the homeowners problems and not try to "nickel and dime" them to death. Adjusters main concern seemed to be to limit your claim.

Nationwide - Homeowners Company Information