Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare Quotes

Nationwide - Homeowners

Nationwide - Homeowners
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.71/5

Nationwide Insurance provides home and auto insurance for clients across the country. Nationwide is not an InsuraMatch verified carrier. Contact InsuraMatch to receive multiple quotes from insurance companies to find the right carrier for you. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare and Save - Protect Your Home

Compare Quotes

Nationwide - Homeowners Reviews

Original review: March 12, 2020

Nationwide will have your back on mayhem. They covered hail and wind damage on my roof in a very proficient and incredible way. Got the check immediately. Really Trustworthy. They sent a ladder company to assess damages and coordinated with my contractor and their adjuster.

Original review: March 5, 2020

Horrible! Nationwide is NOT on your side. I have had Nationwide Insurance for auto, home and other (wedding ring) for over 20 years. Last year I chipped my wedding ring diamond and filed a claim. Even though my coverage covered reimbursing the original (retail) cost of my ring they said they would only give me the wholesale value. They wanted us to take a 10k loss! $10,000 less than we paid, folks! Agent Randall ** had purchased the agency of my original agent and one can only gather he switched my policy at some point without my consent. To add insult to injury, I was told I should have claimed I lost my ring to get the full value!

Then Nationwide tried to force us to go through "their" private jeweler to replace my diamond. So they still wanted to short us the 10k, but they also wanted to make a profit by selling me a low quality diamond. Their diamonds were NOT comparable in quality to my diamond. I have filed complaints with multiple organizations like the BBB and the Tx Dept of Insurance, but since it has been implied the agent changed my policy it's likely I will get screwed. Stay away from this agent and Nationwide Insurance at all cost, because you will pay for it when you have to file a claim.

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 4, 2020

Hi this is Steve with Taylor HVAC and Mechanical. I was insured with Nationwide for a year-and-a-half and in the last 6 months they have totally ripped me off in every way possible known to the insurance world. I would strongly recommend anyone who is looking into getting insurance with this company to look elsewhere. They are by far the biggest joke I've ever dealt with in my entire life. I'm a 42 year old business owner and have dealt with lots of insurance companies and I would definitely not recommend them to my worst enemy.

Everyone knows that insurance companies are a complete rip-off but I don't think I have ever been violated by an insurance company of the way I have been by Nationwide Insurance. Their group of people were absolutely horrible to work with and they will do and say anything to get more money from you any means possible. I hope there anybody looking for insurance will read this and I hope it saves you as much trouble as it's caused me. Thank you and have a good day.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

Only had Nationwide insurance for two years but, know that Nationwide is only for Nationwide. Filed a claim of the that a theft took place when we sold our home and moved out. Nationwide kept asking for same document over and over. Finally, after waiting over 5 months we were denied. Their agents don't have conscience or souls... Don't know how agents sleep at night. That's why I say Nationwide is only on Nationwide's side. Company should go out of business for the way they treat their customers..

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Had a roof leak repaired by a local reputable contractor. There is damage to the ceiling and walls near where the roof leak was repaired. The Nationwide adjuster came out to survey the damage and issued a check for damage to the walls but refused to pay for the roof repair because he was unable to visually inspect the damage before the repair, even though he admitted he could see the repair and the damage caused by the leak. Unbelievable!! Nationwide is not on your side!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nationwide Insurance?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I paid 10 years of home insurance premiums to this company and when I filed for stolen property, was asked for the same documents over and over again. The adjustor closed my claim, telling me that I have not responded to her paper mails that I never received. She had my email and stopped sending me emails. This company needs to be audited!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Updated on 03/07/2020: Update. I am suing Nationwide and the contractor they provided for neglecting to remedy half the home from a hot water leak. If you have a claim against Nationwide, expect to have to take them to court.

Original review: Hotwater heater flooded out small one level home. Nationwide came out and fixed part of the home. They neglected to even test 28" in the other direction. Now we have mold and floor rot because they refuse to cover it. Never ever use Nationwide.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

A classic bait and switch company telling you one thing when you sign up but always finding a way to not pay valid claims, routinely covered by other insurance providers. Customer service is non-existent.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I have had Nationwide homeowners and property insurance for years. For the first time, in early 2019, I needed to file a claim. They stalled, lowballed and took up an inordinate amount of my time over many months. I finally got that property repaired and they covered the majority of the cost. I paid a few thousand. I have now filed a claim on my own home and they are even worse. All the homes in my neighborhood are getting new roofs from hail damage on May 24. Not me. Nationwide wants to replace a few shingles. They arbitrarily closed my claim. They have not responded for over two weeks to the photos, video and roofing company report. I am now resorting to hiring my own independent roof inspector.

Frankly I will never do business with them again. I advise you to look elsewhere. Their lack of customer service is appalling. Their blatant attempts to not pay claims is disgusting. My local roofing company said this is the only time they have seen a company try to replace a few shingles from this storm. Farmers insurance adjuster told me they estimate 10,000 new roof claims. I will likely turn this over to my attorney soon but wanted to warn others.

Original review: May 6, 2019

Nationwide rejected my homeowner's insurance application because in July 2017, I claimed through my renter's insurance (through Allstate) a total of $1100 - a small and meagre amount to cover damages in the unit below. The water from the bathtub caused water leakage in the unit below. Allstate paid for the damages in the full amount. Since this valid claim is linked to my social security, Nationwide rejected me. Think how they will treat minor claims and big claims when some bad happens to you. Message to Nationwide: Don't be an insurance company if you cannot handle claims. Stop offering insurance to people right now. Stop collecting premiums from people you think are "safe" and will never make a claim.

Nationwide Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Nationwide was first founded in 1925 in Columbus, Ohio. Originally, it had 1,000 policyholders. Today, it’s one of the country’s largest insurance companies, and it offers several types of insurance, including homeowners insurance and auto insurance.

• Great discounts: Nationwide offers excellent discounts for homeowners, including up to 20 percent discount for insurance if customers bundle their homeowners and car insurance.

• Belongings replacement service: Nationwide offers the Brand New Belongings service, which replaces belongings that are lost or damaged when a home undergoes an accident or damage. For example, this program will replace items that are burned in fires, broken by falling trees or damaged by severe weather like tornadoes.

• Processing speed: Nationwide is known for processing customer claims fast, which means that customers who submit a homeowners insurance claim can expect their claim to be evaluated and their money given to the them quicker than most insurance companies.

• Company: Nationwide is a large company, so customers may feel that they do not get much individualized or personal customer service attention. Most consumers must deal with a central customer service center, which is likely not in the location a customer is calling from, although Nationwide has a network of agents around the country.

• Qualifications: Nationwide has stringent qualification standards that have to be met to approve people for policies, and people with financial troubles or weak credit may not qualify for Nationwide homeowners insurance.

• Best for: Traditional homeowners, condo owners, farm owners