Protect what matters most

Protect my home
Nationwide - Homeowners
3.93/5

Nationwide - Homeowners

Nationwide Insurance provides home and auto insurance for clients across the country. Nationwide is not an InsuraMatch verified carrier. Contact InsuraMatch to receive multiple quotes from insurance companies to find the right carrier for you. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Protect what matters most

Compare Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Protect my home

274 Nationwide - Homeowners Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

With Nationwide, I can bundle my home and auto. It makes paying them easy and it's easy to keep track of. They insured my stuff and that's all I need. I just like to keep things simple and they are always there, morning, noon and night, whenever I need anything or a problem that needs to be fixed.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Nationwide always have my back and I have good coverage, they have good rates and a good price that I haven't seen anyone come close to offering me the same service. I really do enjoy them. I have had no problems with Nationwide and they haven't given me a reason to doubt them.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

Nationwide is simple, I setup an inbound account that pays the homeowners insurance bill once a year and I don't have to deal with paying another bill each month. But the company can't seem to find a structural engineer to evaluate my concrete deck which is cracking and Ramjack came out and gave me a bid to repair it but the Nationwide is dragging their feet. Don't use these guys. It was affordable but I'm going to bundle my car insurance with my homeowners to get a better deal with Allstate. They seem to have their ducks in a row.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

Nationwide is bundled with our other insurance so we get a slight discount. However, they give us the run around sometimes. They should be local, too. We have an agent that disappears and I wish we had a different agent. He is hard to get a hold of most the time. He's worthless and doesn't help.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

The previous company I used went bankrupt and I needed to get my home covered asap. I have tried calling for quotes at least 5 different companies, and Nationwide had the best price. Nationwide is on your side, their slogan is great. I have had them for 6 years and never had to use them. Friendly and personable. My premium goes up a bit too high too fast though. I hope somewhere down the line everyone's premium or account gets a credit.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nationwide Insurance?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

When we switched homeowners policy around 10 years ago, Nationwide had the best coverage for the money. Their customer service has been outstanding in the past. We have made no claims, but our agent makes sure we are covered properly. Also, our questions have been addressed fully over the years. I would like it if the premiums would not get up so much each year though. We have had no claims during the time with Nationwide so a bigger discount would also be nice.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I wanted a reputable company with a local agent and when I checked reviews Nationwide came out on top. Nationwide has both local agents and online access. Very convenient for managing policies. Fast service is important. I had a very positive experience.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Nationwide was the cheapest there was at the time and it gave me a discount on my auto if I used them for homeowners insurance. I like everything. It's reliable and I like that they bundle everything. I've never had an issue with Nationwide ever and don't think I will in the future so I will continue to stay with them.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Cheap price for pretty good coverage but still well known companies to choose from. I was familiar with Nationwide from past experience with my family having this insurance while I was growing up. My experience with Nationwide has been fine and have had no problems yet and I hope when and if a problem arises in the future they will have my back.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

They are within a couple of miles from my residence and know me when I call in. They are most helpful and always take time to answer any of questions and concerns with a smile and friendly attitude. At the moment and I am happy with all the features of my combined home and auto insurance policy. They go over each feature and discuss options that are within my budget means. I have had them as my home and auto insurance company for over 30 years. This company also is one of the larger and a very reputable company.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Nationwide has life insurance and auto insurance. It offers more than homeowners insurance and you can get all of your insure through them. They are always there when you need them. They were easy to talk to and the quote was free plus the price was reasonable. I was able to insure my home and my truck with one company. They need to lower their prices though. Young people deserve a chance of having insurance without paying a stupid high price. Insurance companies need to give younger people a break on insurance.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Nationwide was the best price for what I was getting. It was easy to go online, search through the application, apply and then get a quote. I then called for some further information. I would have a little less expensive and more options in policy prices. An ala carte so to speak. Make it easier to go through the process of adding insurance for your home. Other than that, it's easy to understand the contents of the policy. What it stands for and the contents within describing what is covered and making sure I have enough coverage in case something was to happen.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I got a discount on my car insurance if I have other insurance with the company and there was no pressure by my agent to obtain this insurance. It covers what I need for what I have invested in the house, although I think the price is a little too high. I have to wait to be approved until an inspector came out and inspected the inside and outside of the house. Still, I like the peace of mind the insurance gives me and the amount of protection. I've had this insurance as long as I can remember.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I already had auto insurance with Nationwide so I bundled policies. It was more convenient and cost effective to have the same company for both. The customer service is great. If they don't have the answers, they'll find them. Plus, I can get someone on the phone and get answers in a reasonable amount of time. Otherwise I'm pretty content with Nationwide but I would like the rates to be a bit lower.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

After the way Nation - not on your side - Wide jerked me around I will NEVER EEEEEEVER get or recommend this "insurance" company. Nationwide is a freakin' JOKE. They claim to cover a home problem - but then make you wait for 7 MONTHS with a crappy temporary sink (that their contractors who do not even speak English do not understand how to install) for the fix. NUMEROUS times the contractors they hire cancel an hour before they promise to show - this after I TAKE VACATION TIME to be home, and or cancel plans to be home and THEY NEVER SHOW. I need to hire an attorney and begin charging for MY time - by the hour too!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Nationwide has a favorable reputation and is recommended by family. The agents office tries to be very helpful and local agent available too. Coverage is adequate and price is average. However, the adjuster did not do her job in a timely manner. Often have to wait for agent assigned to us to call back or be available.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Nationwide homeowners insurance policy was the cheapest at the time we were looking and we have heard good things about them from close friends. They are easy to work with. They responded back to us quickly when we first contact them and whenever I contacted them, I got a quick response back. Was able to contact through email and get a quick response back as well. The agents were all courteous and friendly. But like any company I would always improve the cost of home insurance. Always seems high or there always seems to be catches as to what will be covered and how much they will cover. Seems like insurance companies try to pull fast ones on you.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I like Nationwide because of their in-depth knowledge and customer service skills. I like the way they interact with their customers and how they settle agreements. I love the way they handle and approach matters. They have more options for you to choose from and they make a way for you to be well serviced and cared for. This company gives me all the advice I need in order to make a decision so that I can benefit greatly from my choice.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Nationwide is connected to my mortgage payment and it is what was recommended by the realtor and the finance company. But I had to purchase flood insurance separately. Given that I live on the Southeast coast you would think the insurance companies would figure out a way to include this coverage.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Nationwide is easy to do business with and has good rates. Their website is easy to use and makes sense. They are also friendly on the phone, courteous and knowledgeable. I've tried other insurance companies but came back to them. My dad used them for all the years he was alive. He loved them and trusted them to do the right thing. I trust them too.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I chose Nationwide through recommendations from other people insured with this company like friends, family and other acquaintances. Plus their reputation over the many years they have been in business. Nationwide always has great customer service and when you have a claim they handle on a very puthional schedule. You always get a check rapidly. But I would like to have a local office instead of handling 100 percent of everything over the phone. Their service is exceptional over the phone, but sometimes it's nice to meet with someone face to face.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

They offer the best coverage and these policies are very fair. I like that they cover a lot more than normal when it comes to damages. I lost a lot things in this recent hurricane and all of it was covered under my insurance. With other companies, nothing else would have been covered. Also, the overall price is one of the best things about Nationwide.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I like Nationwide because it's provide good opportunity for the investor. It's provide a good communication with insurance account holder and the company. I chose Nationwide for my home future safety.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I like Nationwide because you can bundle services to get a better rate. They allowed me to bundle my home insurance and auto insurance. They also have great customer service and cares about their customers. I have used other insurance companies previously and I think Nationwide is better than the others.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Nationwide Home Insurance is a great service and is vital for homeowners. I like how comprehensive their coverage is plus you are able to customize the services within the plan. Specifically, I really enjoy how they cover incidents of mold, water damage, fire damage, tree damage, earthquake damage, etcetera. It is really helpful to owners that these things are covered so they are assured that their huge home investment is protected. However, I wish they would improve the cost of the plans as they are a bit expensive, and a quicker claims process too.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I feel Nationwide is a leader in their industry and I'm confident in my choice. I bundled my homeowners insurance with my auto insurance which gave me a discount. I like my awesome local agent. My agent is easy to get a hold of and answers all my questions in a timely manner. It is easy to access information whether by phone or online so I have help whenever I need it. But as a long time customer with no claims I should get more benefits, I wish items were easier to figure out what I need and do not need.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Price matters. I had an agent look up prices for various companies and he gave me quotes. Nationwide was the cheapest rate. We go with the same amount of coverage but cheaper rates than my last company. I like having all of my insurance in one place as having different companies makes no sense and is a waste of time.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I've had Nationwide for probably over 30 years. They've been very easy to talk to, easy to get a hold of what I need them and explain things very well. They are close by and whenever I need to speak to someone they are very friendly. The only thing that I don't like about Nationwide is their rates are quite a bit higher than a lot of other companies that I've been checking with. Despite that, I chose Nationwide because my parents also had Nationwide and I just felt they were good company and were Reliable and always there when I need them.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I like Nationwide Insurance and I have it for 20+ years. I searched other insurance companies and all of them were much more expensive then Nationwide. Nationwide has better coverage plans that are not that expensive. We had a claim in our new house and a adjuster was at our house the next morning. Our door window was fixed within five days. Nationwide Insurance is great for us and we love it a lot. But I wish they had more adjusters in our area that work at night because some bratty kids threw a rock on our back sliding door and shattered the glass.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Nationwide is great. It was recommended to me by a friend who had recently bought insurance through them. I checked many different companies in my area and they were the best choice. It's cheaper and I love the price. At my old company I paid $80 for the basics but with Nationwide I get more for less. Everything in my house is covered by Nationwide and I feel great knowing I'd be taken care of if something happened to my house.

Nationwide - Homeowners Company Information