Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare Quotes
Nationwide - Homeowners
3.93/5

Nationwide - Homeowners

Nationwide Insurance provides home and auto insurance for clients across the country. Nationwide is not an InsuraMatch verified carrier. Contact InsuraMatch to receive multiple quotes from insurance companies to find the right carrier for you. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare and Save - Protect Your Home

Compare Quotes

275 Nationwide - Homeowners Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

They gave a quote a full month before policy started. I made a decision based upon this quote. After policy started they doubled the premiums under the rationale that my property was undervalued even though they had valued it more than any other company to start with. I canceled and they turned it over to collections. Quotes are bait for suckers.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

When I switched to another insurance company I requested reimbursement due to the impounds were covered for one year. I received the reimbursement 2 months later. However I am not able to deposit the check due to my ex wife name is on the check. I have explained to different representatives from Nationwide this issue, to find out the Underwriters will not remove my ex wife’s name regardless of circumstance. They will not make any exceptions to their rules or policy. My question to the Underwriters what happens if the person in question cannot be located?

Before this incident occurred I requested several times to have my ex wife name removed from policy and for some reason my request was denied. Now I am required by my bank to deposit $677.00 for the shortage of funds in my impound account which is the check amount from Nationwide. I will never recommend this Insurance Company to anyone. Extremely Dissatisfied Previous Customer.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Nationwide is NOT on your side. I have had Nationwide insurance since before 1996. I have all of my insurance through Nationwide, home, autos and motorhome. I had three minor claims with them in a short period. Someone tried to break in my stained glass front door while I was away in my motorhome. I filed a police report and insurance claim. $2034.00. A pipe leaked in my upstairs bathroom and caused minor damage in the floor below. I filed a claim. $1090.00. A family of raccoons decided to live in my attic. They needed to be evicted and the damage they caused repaired. I filed a claim. $5467.00.

Three since 1996. The total payout by Nationwide was $8591.00. My payout was $1500.00. Three $500.00 deductibles. I have appealed this with Nationwide and was told that because the claims were not weather related the policy is to cancel regardless of the amount of time I have been with and all the money I have paid for having all of my insurance with them. I have paid Nationwide thousands of dollars over the past three decades. Because of my three claims I have been refused renewal this month. I have tried to get insurance through 10 more reputable companies and have been denied because of being BLACKBALLED by Nationwide. I would not recommend Nationwide for your insurance. You are not considered valuable to them and once they reject you, you are rejected by all others.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

We had a plumbing leak in later October that resulted in several inches of standing water. The adjuster is ignoring the claim and issuing ridiculous demands such as original sales receipts for every single household item being claimed as a loss. This is unconscionable. After eleven weeks, the home is still uninhabitable, plumbing fixtures, flooring and wall materials are missing, and the adjuster won't approve repair quotes from Nationwide's own contractors.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I am on a budget so I have so much to spend it and Nationwide was within my means. I went with this company because they gave the best quote. The company offers Convenience. I can call and get someone on the line quickly. The agents makes sure you understand what you're purchase. I also like how they show compassion to their customers. I can also email them. However, I dislike that they increased price each year. I know it's a business, however it's getting kind of steep. I also dislike how when I renew there is always an extra fee on it. It's getting pricey, however this is the best yet. Overall I like the company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nationwide Insurance?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

They are a great conversation with the company and they are always there for and seem to care about what's going on with you. I like that they will let you know what's going on with your policy and availability of other people. They also offer policy that will call in the night if something is wrong. They also are more affordable price than other companies.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Nationwide covers me and dog. We bundle our auto and home insurance together. The price seems affordable and I pay roll deduct the premium. They covered me when I got rear ended by a hit and run driver.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I already had automobile policy with this company and had previously had renter's insurance so it was a natural progression to get homeowner's insurance. It is a comprehensive policy and I was able to bundle with other policies. I like that it has local offices and the other benefits for roadside assistance. But I would like it if an agent would contact me at least once a year instead of all contact being by mail. I also wish they gave a discount for long term, no claims customers.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Nationwide has great customer service. They care about the customer, their phone can be called anytime and the phone representative is always available. It's easy to use and on the web. Sometimes though, it seems that the bill is hard to understand. There should be more clarity and transparency should be a mission. Still, Nationwide is a solid company and their name is popular. It has been used for generations. It was what my family has always used and it is what I'll keep using.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

They been around for some time. My friends, my family and my coworkers have been using them for years and I've heard a lot of good stuff about them. I've been with them over many years and everything about them is fabulous and great. They're nice, easy to work with. They're helpful and friendly too. They're also cheap and I can pay easy. Super wonderful, all good and amazing.

Nationwide - Homeowners Company Information