Based on 6 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At National General Homeowners Insurance, we care for you, your family and your belongings. This is why we offer quality insurance coverage and a variety of coverage options in order to find the one the best suits your needs. Contact us today to learn more about our coverage options and discounts available!

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experienceDissatisfied with the experienceSatisfied with the experienceHappy with the experienceWould recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 24, 2018

6 National General Homeowners Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I had to call 5 to 6 times to get things straightened out. I couldn't opened the emails to e-sign. I had to fax everything from work. I had to do all the work myself. I didn't like having to make so many calls and faxing my boyfriend’s info to you because he lives with me. You seem like an ok Company but too much work on me.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I called to see if my Comprehensive deductible could be raised from zero to $1000. And what I could save by increasing this deductible. The agent I spoke to, and I didn't get his name, was super helpful in telling me my options. Seems I could save quite bit, so he increased that for me.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I contacted National General Insurance because we had bought a new car and sold a car that was insured by National General. We needed to drop coverage on the 2002 Sonata and obtain full coverage insurance on the 2016 Fiat 500 we bought on 1/10/18. Mrs. ** was very helpful, very professional and courteous as well as personable.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I got home insurance through National General and I seem to like them. The service representatives have been really nice. I called a couple of times and they answered quickly and got back with me and started to answer the questions I had. One time I called them about one house that I was going to buy and the guy was really thorough about hardwood floors; if the house had crown molding; if it had granite countertops. Then I called back as the house fell through because the foundation wasn’t good and the electrical hasn't had an inspection. So I bought the other one and I called National General back and they were really quite thorough with everything. Then my address was not correct. When I was on the phone with them, they changed it and then they also sent me plus my loan officer an email to tell that it was changed. They were really helpful with the process.

The amount of coverage was reasonable. I even went up on my car insurance since I bought a home. I have not used National General yet but I’m hoping it’s enough as I never want anything to happen that I have to use my home or car insurance. I hope it’s a good insurance company. I went online and they’ve been in business for about over 50 years. It started in North Carolina so I think they’re a reputable company.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

The customer service from National General was very nice initially but every time I call back, they would quote the entire policy again on the phone and start asking me all the same questions. Then I got switched to a different agent and she gave me a new quote. I called back to purchase it and then they pushed me back to the other agent who gave me my initial quote. I told her to transfer me to the agent who gave me the last quote so I can purchase the insurance without answering all the questions again.

And the original agent got on and requoted me again. He was literally sitting next to the guy and ignored what I had asked for. I wish I could have bought through the female representative because she deserved it. That part wasn’t good but the winning point for me was National General’s price so I got a home insurance through them. The amount was perfect. It was a little bit more than I was planning on getting because the price was so good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National General Homeowners Insurance?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Everything in my experience with General is good. Going with them because of their price, I also loved that things were done really quick. Everyone was very prompt and the rep was great. However, prior to buying the policy, it was not disclosed that they would subcontract an inspector to come to the house to take pictures. All that was mentioned to me was that I needed to have photos of the outside of the house, which I gave them prior to them underwriting my policy. And then two weeks later, I got a phone call from a private sector saying that General was requiring an inspection. I’m fine with the inspection but I wish the person that sold me that insurance over the phone would have mentioned that because I’m a really busy person and now I have to meet somebody.

National General Homeowners Insurance Company Information

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Let's talk

ConsumerAffairs ranks 562 on Inc. 5000 for 2017

Advertisements on this site are placed and controlled by outside advertising networks. does not evaluate or endorse the products and services advertised. See the FAQ for more information.

The information on our website is general in nature and is not intended as a substitute for competent legal advice. makes no representation as to the accuracy of the information herein provided and assumes no liability for any damages or loss arising from the use thereof.