Find a Dental Insurance partner

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Metlife Dental Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metlife Dental Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metlife Dental Insurance?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

I have this Dental insurance through my job. This insurance has been great at being very timely with making payments to the Dentist firm that I use. From the beginning until now, I have never had a problem with this insurance. I use payroll deduction to insure their payment, which has made a great union. Way to go Met Life.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

Really easy to work with them, they cover a lot more than other insurances, billing is super easy, any time we had questions they were there for me, a lot of dental offices take their insurance, copayment are really low compared to others, monthly cost for the insurance is super affordable for the whole family, I love that they cover check ups and cleanings at no cost to us, I would definitely recommend them to family and friends.

Get buying tips about Dental Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

In my experience with MetLife Dental they have always provided good customer service and accurate information. They have guided me through asking the good questions of future providers and once I selected a provider I was able to ask the right questions. The amount I have been responsible for has always been correct. I wasn't surprised to learn there were any hidden charges. I saw a specialized dentist and was surprised they covered some of the services.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

So far my experiences have been pretty positive. The dental care and billing process have been great and I've had no issues as of yet. I had switched over from Delta Dental to Metlife so I thought there would be issues with billing, however, the transition was even smoother than I had expected.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

My dental insurance provider handles my claims quickly and efficiently. My insurance also allows me two cleanings per year and really helped foot most of the Bill when I had my wisdom teeth removed. I’ve never had any issues or disputes and they are always helpful when I have questions regarding my coverage.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Very difficult to work with. I pay $40. a month and this ins doesn't pay for much. My dentist had a very difficult time getting info from them regarding my policy. They refused to send ins cards or a handbook or list of providers. Complete waste of money and time.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

I have used various dental insurers over the years through the FEDVIP program and I can honestly and sincerely say MetLife Dental is THE worst by far. I have paid more than $450 to this "Insurer" and received less than $85 in reimbursements. I only use the plan for periodic cleaning for my wife and myself and the coverage is atrocious!!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

THIS COMPANY IS A COMPLETE FRAUD!!! PLEASE, TAKE MY ADVICE AND RUN! My son had orthodontic work to the fine tune of $4K plus. They paid $390 of which they have repeatedly HARRASSED me asking for it BACK! I have called REPEATEDLY and spoken with Felix and then an Isaac and got NOWHERE! ISAAC REFUSED TO TRANSFER ME TO A SUPERVISOR! This has been going on now for OVER A YEAR! YOU WILL NEVER SEE ONE PENNY FROM ME YOU SCAM ARTISTS! READ THE HORRIBLE REVIEWS...THEY ARE ALL TRUE!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Both spouse and I recently had to have replacement crowns (older towns greater than 15 yrs old). Dental office submitted all docs/X-rays with claim forms as usual and both claims were denied 2-4 weeks later, no benefits paid on my claim, and on my spouse's claim. The denial codes were vague and untrue. Called the tangled customer service line several times for explanation and got nowhere other than them telling me an X-ray was dated after the procedure which doesn’t make any sense. This wasn’t even mentioned on the EOB. Called dentist and he filed an appeal with all pertinent docs 15 days ago. Called again and Per MetLife, they haven’t received the appeal yet and we should give them more time. What? Why? Do they not have employees at this office taking care of incoming docs!!!

Had 3 way call and DDS will AGAIN go through the process. It appears that things have changed in the last year with MetLife and they are just denying major claims hoping they will go away. I do not like the way they are doing business and will persist and take it all to the highest level possible and report it to the state insurance departments if this isn’t resolved quickly.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

I love the affordable rate plan as well as the coverage of procedures under this affordable plan. Also I like the fact that there are a wide range of dental practitioners on my area that accept my plan and I am able to choose one that suit my needs.

Metlife Dental Insurance author review by Cyril Tuohy

MetLife is one of the largest global providers of insurance products, employee benefit programs and annuities. Based in New York,  the company provides dental coverage to over 20 million people.

• A global brand: MetLife is one of the most recognized and long-lasting names in the insurance industry.

• Great employee plans: MetLife is focused on providing group dental insurance to companies with thousands of employees in the U.S. or abroad.

• TRICARE Dental Program: MetLife manages this program for members of active duty uniformed personnel and members of the National Guard, the U.S. Army Reserves and their families.

• FEDVIP: MetLife manages the federal employees dental and vision insurance program.

• Plenty of information: To keep clients informed, MetLife offers educational resources like the MetLife Oral Health Library on its website.

by Cyril Tuohy Insurance Contributing Editor

Cyril Tuohy, has covered the insurance industry for more than 15 years. He is an expert at writing about personal and commercial property-casualty insurance and covers life, annuities and retirement as a staff writer for a top insurance trade magazine aimed at insurance agents and financial advisors.

Metlife Dental Insurance Company Information