Mendota Auto Insurance

Compare Auto Insurance Companies

Research top Auto Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

WORST INSURANCE COMPANY EVER!! My dealership "recommended" Mendota 3 years ago and I have been a LOYAL customer always making my payments on time NEVER lapsing or late. My payment was due on the 13th and since it was a Sunday and I couldn't call to make a payment when they are closed, I called Monday morning the 14th and paid. I asked if it could please be backdated since I made the payment as soon as I could the next business day and they REFUSE to do so. Not only that, my payment wasn't considered processed until today which makes it a 2 day lapse and now DMV is issuing me a $502 fine for both mine and my mother's vehicle!!

I am a divorced, single mother of 2 children and make less than $10 an hour and this fine has to be paid in full, RIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS!!! They absolutely could have backdated my coverage to avoid this fine but these greedy, heartless S.O. B's couldn't care less that my children's holiday is now ruined even though I cried and begged them to please do something to help me. They just don't care and are not willing to help a loyal customer. I have been paying close to $200 every month for almost 3 years and FOR WHAT???

They lost a loyal customer and caused me so much grief and stress. I do not have the $502 fine that DMV wants and it's come down to either not pay my rent or my children do not get a Christmas this year and I will not lose my home because of this. So my 2 children will be heartbroken this Christmas because their mom was terribly let down by her insurance company. They will never get another penny out of me!!! I am absolutely switching companies and will be warning everyone how terrible they are!!

I was hit by someone that was driving one of their insured cars. She ran a stop sign and smacked right into me. I was pregnant with my daughter at the time and had my 2 sons with me. She ran off when she heard police sirens and my case has been "pending review" per Mendota since then. My attorney sent a demand for 46,000 and they are offering roughly 8,000 for me and my children for a hit and run. I am so jumpy when I drive, I can barely do so. The adjuster was rude, the customer service sucks, and they are crooks. They are "reviewing" a case because the driver wasn't their insured, but the car was their insured vehicle. SMH, they are hoping I let it go, and I won't.

3 months for claim settlement when one of their drivers hit me. Didn't have my correct information even though I left many messages and my insurance tried to contact them several times. Ended up calling my mother in law to find me. What a bunch of clowns.

Mendota Insurance has without question the worst customer service I have ever witnessed in my 54 years on this planet. If you are lucky and never have an accident, the price is very cheap. This insurance will prevent you from getting a ticket. That's it. If you ever have to file a claim, prepare to hire an attorney to get any help.

I've been unlucky the last few months with 2 cars and it's not a fault of my own. My first one was flooded out due to 10 inches of rain in a 2 hr period. I was at work and several other cars suffered the same fate. I immediately called Mendota. I was put on hold for nearly an hour. A rep finally answered and took my information. I was then told it would be forwarded to an adjuster who would contact me via E-mail. I told the operator, "What is this kind of service? Legitimate insurance companies don't work like this." Needless to say, repeated calls got me nowhere. I finally gave up and traded the damaged vehicle in for a new car.

Exactly one month after owning this car I was rear ended by a person who had no insurance. I called again to file another claim. I am "still waiting on a E-mail". This time I had enough and hired a lawyer. It's to the point I don't care if my car get fixed. I want to help put this company out of business. You know the saying. "You get what you pay for." Filet Mignon cost more than flank steak. Mendota is below flank steak when it comes to insurance companies. They happily take your money, but do everything under the sun to prevent paying when they have to.

Mendota Insurance needs to be reviewed by the Minnesota Better Business Bureau. On December 11, 2015 I had an auto accident with one of their insurers in San Diego, California. For weeks I tried to communicate with their claims adjuster Mark **. He never returned my calls. The person with whom I had the accident admitted guilt in causing the accident and said this to my insurance claim adjuster. Just today I got a notice that my claim for full reimbursement of my deductible was only going to be processed for 80% of my out of pocket costs. In looking at the other comments made on Mendota Auto Insurance in this link I see that there is a common thread to their business practices. They delay communication and do not support their claims as they should. Mark ** should be an embarrassment to the industry.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mendota?

My wife was involved in a traffic accident by one of their clients and it took three weeks for me to get any answers on what they are going to do and to date all I have received is the runaround. The claims adjuster's message on her phone, in which I could never actually talk with her and said that if I could not contact her I was to contact her supervisor and that she, herself, would contact me in 24 hours, was a complete joke. My insurance company tried 5 unsuccessful time to get them to reply to them. Even though my insurance company had sent them all the information about the accident, the accident report as well as the traffic ticket that their client received at the scene, was ignored and they never replied to my insurance company whatsoever. This is no a very professional or honest company. I feel sorry for the people that have decided to purchase auto insurance from them... I wouldn't.

This is the WORST insurance company I have ever dealt with and I am 65 years old. Don't believe them when they charge you for full coverage. My son's truck was damaged by NTB and they refused to correct the problem. We went to Mendota and they told us, "TOO BAD. TOO SAD. We are not going to help you. We are not going to repair your truck." So what good is FULL COVERAGE IF YOU CAN'T GET YOUR VEHICLE FIXED? Look. All you see are people who have been ripped off by this company.

This company win rip off of the year award. They steal money and after calling and trying to understand charges that was applied to the account they explained that by adding one vehicle my monthly charges would be 323 and it was a month after learning not by mail, email or convo but by them taking it out of my acct. I never authorized this amount to be taking from my acct. And the customer service department didn't know the prorated credit means and how to explain the amount that was stolen. They double charged and I feel sorry for the owner of this company and now understand why it has a one star rating because the employees that they have is going to sank his company with lawsuits. I have recorded calls all which proves they can review charges on the acct.

This is the worst insurance company I have ever had to deal with. First, their driver hit me. I waited to be contacted by a rep. After 2 months of being ignored by Mendota after sending several emails I finally had my truck fixed and paid for the repairs myself. The accident happened in September of 2015 and today is February 29th 2016. I sent the receipts from the Auto repair company 3 different times to my contact at Mendota. Each time she says she lost them. On the 4th time I refused to send them to her and told her to check her email. This went on for months. She did find my emails after weeks of being Radio Silent but now we have another hurdle. They are now requesting that the auto repair company send a receipt from their supplier showing what they paid for the bumper. My repair guy has sent the information which has been lost by Mendota.

We are now on 6 months for a claim less than $800. Mendota representatives must get bonuses for every time they "kick the can" down the road. If my employees treated people like this I would fire them. I don't know who runs the organization but he/she is either a crook or incompetent. Neither an admirable trait. If you get involved with this group put the pressure on immediately and call your District attorney and State insurance board right away. They will string you out for months hoping you disappear.

I had a 1999 Corvette and was involved in an accident with a Mendota customer. I had the car for 3 days and it is now totaled. They not only drag their feet, but carried minimum insurance and I along with the other victim had to have my insurance take care of everything as this company does just about nothing to resolve their claims. Their license should be pulled along with all these "cut rate" companies as the only service they provide is "we have car insurance" when in fact, when responsible for a claim, they pay nothing.

I want to share with you how my family's life has changed since May 19, 2015. On May 19, 2015, my car was hit from behind on my way to work by a MENDOTA insurer. At the accident, I called 911 and she admitted it was her fault, she told me and the Norfolk Police officer she was reaching in her bag and was not paying attention. MENDOTA insurer called me the day after the accident to ask me how I was feeling. I told her I was hurting and that I went to the ER and I wanted my car fixed. She assured me that her mother's insurance company, Mendota, knew about the accident.

I went to Virginia Beach General ER the day of the accident and was told I would feel worse before I got better. I was given pain medication and sent home. I had neck and arm pain on my left side. That night I awoke with shooting spasms up and down both my arms. I went back to the same ER, a day later, complaining of the same pain but it was now worse. Initially, I was out of work for four days. I work as an Outreach Worker, I do home visiting and my job requires me to have my own transportation. The body of my car was shaking and hesitating to accelerate. I made a report with my insurance company, AIC of Maryland, the same day of the accident. I called MENDOTA Insurance Company personally, after a week of my insurance company, AIC of Maryland trying to reach them and they couldn't. I was able to talk to someone, who gave me a report number.

I received a rental car from my insurance company AIC, a week later after the accident, because I put my car in the shop thinking it was going to be fixed, but I would have to pay the deductible. I am a single parent of two kids and I have no family here in Virginia, my eldest was graduating from high school, in June 2015, which graduation is costly, so I did not have the money for my deductible, so I had to give back the rental car and I had to pay for my own rental car to get back and from work. I live at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront and work in Norfolk, VA.

I only got a lawyer because I was getting nowhere with MENDOTA Insurance and neither was my insurance company. It was only when my lawyer contacted MENDOTA Insurance, in the middle of June 2015, that they decided that they would pay for a rental until my car was fixed, but my car had been at the collision shop since a week after the accident, May 19.

When I found out that my car was a total loss in the middle of June 2015, I was devastated. This caused more problems. I had to give back the rental and now I had no car. I had only had my car less than 2 years and if MENDOTA Insurance Company paid off the car, I wouldn't receive a dime of the money, because the payoff amount was the total of the loan, less $300 dollars. I have no way of getting another car. I have a limited income and have no extra money for a down payment and at the time I had filed bankruptcy 6 months before the accident, so my credit is shot.

I started physical therapy sometime in June 2015, but couldn't finish with my treatments because I no transportation from work, therapy, and home. I was discharged from therapy in July 2015, still in pain. It cost me for one week of rental about $285-300 dollars; I didn't have the money to do it, every week. I was becoming late with my rent and bills trying to get to work. I was paying my co-workers gas money to take me back and forth to work, grocery stores, to my clients home visits, church, etc. I couldn't keep it up, this caused a riff at work with my co-workers and with my job and now the job and I have been on for 10 years was now in jeopardy. I am a dependable, hard worker. I was notified on 2 separate occasions that I had 30 days to get a car or I would be fired. By the grace of God, I am still there.

So I had no choice but to take the bus, it's a mile and half to the nearest bus stop to my house, so I get up at 5 am and leave my house by 6 am, walking in the dark, praying nothing happens to me, to get on the bus at 6:40 am paying $4.00 or $6.50 a day to get to Norfolk by 8:30 am. A friend picks me up from the bus stop and takes me the rest of the way to work. My job begins at 8 am; and I am late everyday. I get off at 5 pm, get a ride back to the bus stop and I ride the bus from Norfolk back to Virginia Beach Oceanfront and walk home again in the dark, getting in the house at 7:40 pm, if the bus isn't late. It used to take me 35 minutes to get home driving, now it's over 2 hours. It costs $30 dollars in a cab just to go to the bank. I am so exhausted some nights. I can't even cook dinner for my family.

As a result of walking so much, I have injured my feet, I have Plantar Fasciitis. I have constant pain, spasms all the time on the bottom of my feet. It was recommended that I take time off to stay off my feet and try to heal. I used up all my vacation time, 3 weeks worth, to stay at home, trying to help rest my feet, at the same time I was approved for FMLA, but I couldn't afford to take a 50% pay cut when I am already struggling to pay my bills. During the hot summer days, going to work was unbearable, hot and sweaty and coming home the same, walking in the rain or snow in the cold.

Mentally this case has caused my family so much pain. I am drained, disgusted with this whole ordeal and it was recommended by my employer to seek mental health services. I cry often because I am so tired of the pain. My children and I have not been able to take our yearly vacation, my son was in after school activities, and he had to stop because I had no way to get him back home. I can only grocery shops nearby and less often because I don't have the money to pay someone or take a cab (very costly). MENDOTA was so slow to pay my car off, it wasn't until September 2015 when they did, so my credit report says my car was reposed and not paid off, even though it was, and I didn't receive the $300 dollar check.

MENDOTA owed me till the end of September 2015. Since the accident, I have been to court three different occasions for being behind on my rent, I couldn't keep up the payments in my bankruptcy case so it was dismissed, my job security was threatened, I've had lack of sleep, not being able to go and check on my sick mother, or constantly having to wait, whether it was for MENDOTA Insurance to step up or waiting on a bus, a cab, or on people to decide whether to take me places and then they charge me outrageous amounts of money. Please, I am asking for your help in this matter. Thank You.

Was told when I signed up for insurance that my seventh month would be waived. I never heard that before but I went with it. So when it came time to pay the next payment I thought I would go online to pay it just in case and when I logged into my account it said there was nothing to pay that the account was paid up. So naturally I assume (and you know what they say about that) they had waived it like I was told. No, it was canceled and I received a call from retailer about my vehicle having no insurance and that if it wasn't taken care of they were coming to pick up the vehicle. I tried to call my home office with insurance and I get what I always get, an answering machine (they never answer). So I had to call the main customer service number where I was told I'm now in high risk because I allowed it to lapse. ;) Thank you scums of the earth. Sorry excuse of a company.

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! My PARKED vehicle was hit by a Mendota insured driver who was carrying a non-owners policy. This person was 100% at fault and received a careless driving ticket. Mendota will not pay the claim. My vehicle was totaled and we have 3 little kids. They did NOTHING! The worst experience I have ever had with an insurance agent. The driver that hit my car also happened to be my landlord and he is evicting us over the matter. Welcome to HELL.

This company takes my payment every month out of my account, and for the second time in a row, they have been dragging their feet with payments, decisions and the willingness to answer calls and questions. I cannot wait until I get an opportunity to change insurance companies. This has driven me crazy! It has been a month since the approval of repairs and the check still has not been sent. I am stuck paying for a rental car until someone answers a phone or a question. This is unbelievable the incompetence of this company. Please do yourself a favor and pay more if you have to. This company will drive you crazy and waste your time and money!

We needed updated coverage to qualify for a new car loan. They had the best reputation with the dealership. Everything runs smoothly every month. When we needed to add our teenage driver our rates did not skyrocket. Each and every interaction we have had with customer service has been both pleasant and helpful. They do direct billing from our checking and have never made a mistake. We are very happy customers!

Was with Mendota for years and years until I sold my car and bought a new one. I called them to cancel the old car and simply to add the new one. Simple enough right? Wrong. They told me that had to see my agent and it wasn't possible to do it over the phone and they assured me that I was going to get my money for that month back since I called on the 31st of the month. Well they charged me and when I called back they said it's because they needed a cancellation notice in writing mailed or emailed to them. I did and still nothing.

I called them back and the lady said that sent the email too late so I wasn't going to get my money back. All of the people that have spoke with at Mendota have been very rude and sound very uneducated. They never gave me my mint and lost my business forever. Very disappointed after all the years that I have gave my money to them and now this is how they repay you. Wish they had these reviews back in the days.

While the insurance is inexpensive, their customer service is awful. Their insurance underwriter here in Denver is rude whenever I call to ask or dispute something. However, if he needs something from me or wants me to continue insurance with them, he is sweet as pie. I had nothing but problems with them.

On September 10, 2015, I stop at agent office and request cancel policy on my car due to sale of my car. Agent lie to me and did not send cancellation to stinker Mendota company that going without customer permission in bank and stealing money. Mendota hiding their phone number and tells you to contact agent at **. Agent hanging phone on you and don't answer question. This company sounds like set up by illegal Mexicans and should be under investigation! It must be out of business ASAP!

I went backwards and hit a Mercedes on the bumper. Owner took it to Mercedes dealer to get it fixed. Charged $1600 plus. My insurance is going up over $60 per month so I am switching to Progressive.

Covered under Travelers insurance, I have had great experience with the company. Had to file a claim and talked to a representative that was helpful every step, making sure that all information was taken and done right.

When I went in they were friendly, didn't make me wait, asked me a minimum number of questions before they found the insurance that was just right for me. Then they helped me find the best price suitable to my needs. I was in and out of their office in less than twenty minutes of my time.

In April, my 2011 Toyota Camry accelerated when I tapped the brake. It was totaled. Thankfully I nor anyone else was seriously injured. I immediately called Mendota's claims department and reported the accident. The following day an adjuster called me but because I was driving I asked her to call me back. She never did. I called her several times and never got a response. No adjuster took my statement. When I finally reached a supervisor, I was informed that I had a different adjuster. When I talked to that incompetent, she told me that I caused the accident. Apparently she was reading from the police report (which was later discredited through my own efforts) because she certainly was not repeating what I reported on the night of the accident. She said, "You accidentally stepped on the gas instead of the brake". A court found me not guilty of reckless driving.

Mendota is the worst. They said they would pay my sales tax on my new car, they haven't. They said they would send the plate from my Camry. They haven't. When I believed I had renter's insurance, I didn't. In fact I haven't heard from them in months. Then past week, I get a bill for a claim they should have paid, but haven't. I blame my insurance agent for suggesting them to me in the first place. But I have learned a very valuable lesson. I will definitely do my research before I bother with another class D insurer. There should be a class action suit against this company. I haven't heard one thing good about them.

I had a car accident, second in my life, I was a caregiver to my mother on Oct.18, 2015. I totaled my car and checked on the person and she said she was fine. I went to the hospital, had test, at the time it was only bruises, yet my foot and knee hurt. After going home I couldn't walk and went to get a MRI, then my neck went and I went again for my neck. It was very damaged. In getting new car insurance, they said, "Mendota said she said it was $1850 worth of damage." I saw no damage to her car. I just now receive letter from Mendota saying that she is to get another check $2500 for her damage!! She was just fine. I had a broken foot, knee damage and severe whiplash. What gives? I want to see her car damage and bodily damage. By the way I had never received anything. Please respond my new number is **. Thank you. The claim number is **.

I obtained Mendota Insurance through an insurance broker in September of 2014. I wish I had done my research before obtaining a policy with them because I would have definitely NOT done business with this company had I known the nightmare it causes its customers. In March of this year my 2007 Chevy Equinox was stolen from my home. I made a police report with Chandler Police & filed the claim with Mendota & hoped for the best. It was found a few days later by Phoenix Police in a bad neighborhood. Unfortunately I was never notified by the police & instead was eventually informed by my lien holder of the discovery & whereabouts of my car in mid-April.

I went to get my car from the tow yard, but it was soo badly damaged (missing parts, broken windows, slashed seats & paint poured all over the interior) I couldn't drive it in the condition it was in. Also, the tow yard charges had incurred to almost $900 (which I couldn't afford) since the police had failed to contact me immediately when they had found it. I notified my adjuster by the name of Ashley ** of this information. At some point Mendota went to recover the vehicle & assess the damages. I didn't receive any follow up despite leaving messages with the adjuster. I eventually received a call in mid-May from an investigator by the name of Rob ** out of Colorado. He stated he was in town for the day & needed to obtain an in person statement from me. Since I had no prior notice of this, I was unable to meet with him due to my work schedule that day.

I found it very strange that he hadn't called to set up an appointment prior to his trip. He said he would let Mendota know & someone would be in contact with me within a few days. A few days turned into a week & I again called & left a message with the adjuster. She finally called me back a few days later stating she had mailed me a Reservation of Rights letter & that I needed to schedule an in person statement with their investigator. I was already aware of this information.

I finally met with this investigator in the beginning of June & gave him this in person statement, which was the same information I had already given to the adjuster when my car was stolen. The only difference was this man said the claim was suspicious & accused me of being involved with the theft & damage to my car & even accused the other adults in our home as well! He claimed to be an un-bias party in the matter & also that his recommendation would have no influence in the insurance company making their decision for my claim. I call bs! We are now in July & I received another Reservation of Rights letter. This time Mendota is going to have their attorneys contact me for an under oath examination.

I'm now in the process of hiring my own lawyer to help me with this nightmare claim! I'm the victim & yet I'm being interrogated & treated like a criminal! I'm 4 months pregnant & this entire process has caused me undue stress! It seems to me this rinky dink joke of an insurance company treats all of their insured customers the same. My advice to anyone shopping for insurance: STAY AWAY FROM MENDOTA! They don't want to pay on their claims & if you're the unfortunate victim of a car theft/vandalism, you will be accused of being involved, interrogated by their investigators, their attorneys & ultimately accused of insurance fraud!

This insurance company is the worst. My advice to anyone, do not get this company. Cheap is not always the answer because with this company you don't have insurance anyway, just a paper policy to show coverage. But really when it's time to put a claim in get a lawyer and then call the better business bureau next, cause Mendota will take you to hell and back before they pay.

So I purchased a policy with Mendota and I pay for a full year. Anyways at the time of the purchase everything was great - I liked the price and the services didn't sound bad so I went ahead with it. It's been 3 months now and I ran into my first problem, at the time of the purchase I told the worker I needed an sr22 filed and they told me they were gonna take care of it so I didn't think much of it until my job informed me that my license had been suspended. So I had to get a hold of the DMV to find out why. Turns out these ** at Mendota never bothered to file the sr22 and didn't even realize it until I confronted them on it and I might add they're not gonna reimburse me for the license renewal fee I have to pay the state... ** right...

So now on May 27 2015 I get a letter stating I owe 559.00 due to moving from home into my own. THIS IS A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT FOR AN ADDRESS CHANGE, and yet they won't allow me to change my address back to my parents... If I knew about their ridiculous scam charges I would have never trusted these people with my money, car and most importantly my FAMILY.

I work for a car dealership. My customer was in an accident 2 weeks after purchasing a car. His adjuster seems to be everyone's adjuster **. Who is never available, never answers her phone and does not call people back. I have emailed, faxed and left messages on her phone trying to assist my customer with his claim. I have yet to ever speak to ** who works 6:00 am-2:30 pm PST, weird hours for an adjuster. Either way it has been since 04/16/2015 as the date of the accident and nothing has been done. My customer has given up because he has no hope with ** or Mendota insurance.

As a finance manager and a car dealership employee I would strongly urge people to get any insurance that has good customer service and is at least reachable not only during a sign up but also during a claim and basic customer service skills. I am not even a customer and my experience has been horrible. This company needs to shut down since they can't operate properly. I have yet to see one positive review in the past.

I was in a car accident on 4/3/2015. I reported my accident the following day. I was told that the adjuster will call me back Within 24 to 48 hours. 10 days passed by and no call. No responded to my call or haven't gave me a call back. Call to speak to someone, was left on hold for an hour till someone came on. The adjuster answer the phone and a half hostile voice repeating that she was out for 10 days sick and that's why she couldn't help me with my and I couldn't speak to a supervisor and making threats.

My husband and I had just bought our first car together about 6 months ago. We were told by our car salesman from Bell Ford in Phoenix, AZ that a friend of his can get us a great deal on insurance so we can take the car off the lot. Completely naive, we agreed to it. A month or so passes by and we get a notification of cancellation from Mendota saying they weren't going to insure us because my information could not be verified with the local MVD. I reviewed the information and although I thoroughly gave them ALL of my personal information, they had put my husband and some RANDOM WOMAN on our insurance policy.

My name is ** and they had a lady named ** on our insurance!! How does a company do that!? Well since then, every single month they take the bill owed out of my husband's account but yet they always send us a letter EVERY month telling us our insurance was going to be cancelled because his check bounced. Ridiculous. It's about that time where we have to renew our policy and we also are planning to buy a second car... let me tell you, we are trying EVERYTHING in our power to get out of this nightmare. We will gladly pay another $100 a month to a different company who will provide us with simple insurance without the headache! DO NOT BUY INSURANCE FROM MENDOTA! IT WILL BE THE WORST DECISION OF YOUR LIFE, MARK MY WORDS!!

Mendota Auto Insurance Company Profile