Fast Free Quotes

Compare Rates
Mendota Auto Insurance
1.36/5

Mendota Auto Insurance

Mendota Auto Insurance provides coverage for drivers across the United States. Mendota is not currently an InsuraMatch verified carrier. Contact InsuraMatch to see multiple offers from providers to find the right policy for you. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

Mendota is known for offering plans for everyone, including those who may not be able to find coverage from other companies. Customers report positive experiences when filing claims. They appreciate the fast turnaround times and the prompt communication from agents.

PROS

• Website portal makes payments and claims easy for many customers
  • Claims reporting hotline available 24/7
  • Automatic, direct billing available for easy payments
  • Customer service line open weekdays

CONS

• Some customers experienced price raises without advance warning
  • Only six-month policies available

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

93 Mendota Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 29, 2019

I had insurance with Mendota for 1 1/2 years. My monthly rate was different each month. Each time I called with a question, they could never find my policy and would refer me to my agent. I had Roadside Assistance added and had to have my car towed (wouldn't start). They informed me I had to pay the tow man and submit it for reimbursement. I called Mendota to find out where to send it. 3 days later I got a call from Mendota asking what the mechanic found, I said the starter was bad. I found out I had been given the wrong fax number but was assured the check would be sent. 30 days later...no check! I called and was told it was considered a "mechanical issue" and would not be reimbursed. MENDOTA GIVES INCORRECT AND/OR INCONSISTENT INFORMATION! I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!!!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I was originally given a quote for liability insurance for $28.32 per month. Wow, that sounded awesome and could afford that, no problem! So I called and accepted this offer but when I asked about the total payment to get policy active I never got an answer. I asked for this total 4 more times and never got an answer. Finally when I called and said I was ready to make payment and begin the policy I was told my 1st payment would be $59.40. I made a payment of $60 and then they sent the documents via email and thinking that math didn't add up right. I saw a $25 policy fee was added on but was never informed of any fees.

Looking at future payment, my $28.32 had changed to $37.32 and each payment had a $3 fee attached. That was a lie and the next month when they sent the only monthly statement my charge went up to 42.32 and the fee was $9 per month and pay off was $180. I just got a notice that informed me my payoff is now $202 but didn't tell me what my next monthly payment. Almost forgot, there is also a $5 fee if you use a debit card but if you give them your banking accounts they will waive that fee. I will be calling the rep that signed me up but already know I will get his voice mail. They won't be getting any more money from me and if there is any legal action against this company you can believe I will sign up.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Let’s see where should I start. So I was covered my Mendota full coverage for both my vehicles. I got rear ended. I thought great at least I have insurance... wrong. I tried calling their 24 hour line and got nothing but the welcome message. I tried for hours to make a claim! So I waited till the morning to call. Well to my surprise I call the next morning to get told that my policy was cancelled due to non-payment. Never got a notice until it was too late. So I start going through my bank account. It was taken out. Now here is the funny thing I have a payment receipt. How is it right as I go to file a claim that very day my insurance got cancelled? I tried talking to the company and they were very rude about the whole situation. It looks like I am out that payment. This company has very poor customer service. They will cancel your policy as soon as someone hits you. I don't recommend anyone use them. They are a scam.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

My SUV was hit & run by this insurance's customer on Apr 15, 2018 when my vehicle was parked in Southern California, I had eye witness and Police report, and he admitted to police that he hit and damaged my vehicle. Mendota assigned an adjuster in Nashville, TN, after I filed a report, I made multiple phone call and voice messages to the adjuster, she took more than a week to call me back to arrange vehicle inspection. The local vehicle inspector took more than necessary pictures and collected extra information which was not necessary.

I got my local body shop quoted repair cost $724.83, Mendota quoted $456.88 only. I called and emailed to adjuster multiple times, explained the labor rate had big difference between California and Tennessee, they simply close my case. They sent first check to the wrong address, after 3 more weeks, again multiple phone calls and emails, finally they sent me a check with correct address on the envelope, and wrong address on the check. This is the nightmare, the worst auto insurance I have ever deal with.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Called to pay bill, get transferred 3 times, then get put on hold for 15 minutes while the guy is calling me ma'am the whole time until I corrected him. ALL TO TRY AND PAY MY BILL> Can't wait to change companies. This one is TRASH and they are full of **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mendota?

Original review: June 10, 2018

Went to make my last payment of $170+ for final payment on my insurance. It's almost time for a new policy so it had another option to pay last payment and renew at the same time at $345.00. Well I picked just current bill payment. It had the $345 in a grey area making it look like it wasn't picked but the current payment was in bold black. I said pay and instead of it saying, "Are you sure you want to pay $170" it just said paid $345. So now I'm out that extra money that wouldn't have come out until the end of July. My husband was injured on the job a year ago so money is tight. So beware of the greyed out area when making a payment.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Mendota provided my required insurance sufficiently. The only contact I initiated was when my rates actually increased after my policy renewed several times. I was not happy with the increase at all.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Cheapest policy that I found and I shopped around a lot before choosing my company. I would recommend Mendota to help save you money. However, they only offer a 6 month policy to members. The customer service department is not much help since mostly everything is done in their website. So far I have been happy with Mendota except that if you add a vehicle or drop a vehicle you have to pay a large deposit. Also the only way to get the best price for your policy is you have to have a card on file. I wish they offered a year policy. It might cost more for a year but would be better in the long run.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I have had Mendota Auto Insurance for 3 years and the overall experience is good. They have good customer service and answer the phone calls in a reasonable time. They send me my statements on time every single month. I like how in general the rates are reasonable. But I dislike how my rates have been changing every 6 months. I don’t understand how if I live in the same city and same town that I did 6 months ago but my rates change without even being in an accident or any type of involvement.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I haven’t been with Mendota Auto Insurance that long. We pay our insurance through an agent friend of ours. And when we do talk to them they’re rude. They never are willing to explain or discuss anything we ask. This company has major issues in its staff. I would say go to another place. Everything about this company screams, “We don’t care. Just pay us and shut up.” The guy way overcharged us then when we called him on it he called my wife a liar. So we showed him the proof and he said it was our fault. I don’t like Mendota, every time we talk to them it’s always "you’re wrong we’re right. Now shut up and move on." They totally suck.

Mendota Auto Insurance Company Information