2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Mendota Auto Insurance

Mendota Auto Insurance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.34/5

Mendota Insurance provides auto coverage through independent local agents across the United States. The company is known for serving a wide variety of customers, including those considered high-risk drivers, who might have a hard time finding coverage elsewhere. Its claims services are open 24/7, and it provides flexible payment options.

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

Mendota Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mendota Auto Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mendota?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I received an additional bill after I cancelled w/ Mendota. It was not stated why on the invoice, so I called them. The lady that answered really had a hard time explaining why to satisfy my mind. She was borderline rude & shouldn't be customer servicing. Glad I cancelled my policy!

Original review: July 13, 2020

In January of 2017 our daughter was hit by one Mendota’s insureds. After three years of patiently waiting for any sort of response from Mendota regarding our claim and four months of negotiating on a settlement amount, we are now seven days with a false payment in hand and back to square one, faced with making a decision on exactly what we were trying to avoid in the first place, litigation. They wrote us a bad check after three years of our daughter suffering from her permanent injuries. To top it off, they’ve been nothing more than RUDE throughout the entire experience. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2020

This company is very unprofessional and rude. They took over 400.00 out of my account in a 6 day period without authorization. When I called they basically said it legal because policy went up based on address and they would not refund any money. I would strongly recommend not going with this company.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

Worst insurance company I have ever dealt with! I paid for three months in advance and I tried to take myself off auto pay a month before my next payment was due and they wouldn't let me unless I paid another payment a month in advanced. And wouldn't let me cancel my policy and once I signed a cancellation form they STILL took money off of my card!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I got this insurance through my insurance agent. They were the cheapest so I thought I just go with them. You truly get what you pay for. The rate was different every single month. Always going up by a few dollars. It is a hassle to pay online. They charge a $5 fee to make any online payments. Their website is poorly designed. I have called customer service twice and both times the person was extremely rude and unhelpful. This is the worst experience I have ever had with a car insurance company. As soon as the Policy ended I immediately switched to another insurance carrier. If you're looking for cheap insurance I would recommend spending a little more to avoid this company.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I had insurance with Mendota for 1 1/2 years. My monthly rate was different each month. Each time I called with a question, they could never find my policy and would refer me to my agent. I had Roadside Assistance added and had to have my car towed (wouldn't start). They informed me I had to pay the tow man and submit it for reimbursement. I called Mendota to find out where to send it. 3 days later I got a call from Mendota asking what the mechanic found, I said the starter was bad. I found out I had been given the wrong fax number but was assured the check would be sent. 30 days later...no check! I called and was told it was considered a "mechanical issue" and would not be reimbursed. MENDOTA GIVES INCORRECT AND/OR INCONSISTENT INFORMATION! I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!!!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I was originally given a quote for liability insurance for $28.32 per month. Wow, that sounded awesome and could afford that, no problem! So I called and accepted this offer but when I asked about the total payment to get policy active I never got an answer. I asked for this total 4 more times and never got an answer. Finally when I called and said I was ready to make payment and begin the policy I was told my 1st payment would be $59.40. I made a payment of $60 and then they sent the documents via email and thinking that math didn't add up right. I saw a $25 policy fee was added on but was never informed of any fees.

Looking at future payment, my $28.32 had changed to $37.32 and each payment had a $3 fee attached. That was a lie and the next month when they sent the only monthly statement my charge went up to 42.32 and the fee was $9 per month and pay off was $180. I just got a notice that informed me my payoff is now $202 but didn't tell me what my next monthly payment. Almost forgot, there is also a $5 fee if you use a debit card but if you give them your banking accounts they will waive that fee. I will be calling the rep that signed me up but already know I will get his voice mail. They won't be getting any more money from me and if there is any legal action against this company you can believe I will sign up.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Let’s see where should I start. So I was covered my Mendota full coverage for both my vehicles. I got rear ended. I thought great at least I have insurance... wrong. I tried calling their 24 hour line and got nothing but the welcome message. I tried for hours to make a claim! So I waited till the morning to call. Well to my surprise I call the next morning to get told that my policy was cancelled due to non-payment. Never got a notice until it was too late. So I start going through my bank account. It was taken out. Now here is the funny thing I have a payment receipt. How is it right as I go to file a claim that very day my insurance got cancelled? I tried talking to the company and they were very rude about the whole situation. It looks like I am out that payment. This company has very poor customer service. They will cancel your policy as soon as someone hits you. I don't recommend anyone use them. They are a scam.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

My SUV was hit & run by this insurance's customer on Apr 15, 2018 when my vehicle was parked in Southern California, I had eye witness and Police report, and he admitted to police that he hit and damaged my vehicle. Mendota assigned an adjuster in Nashville, TN, after I filed a report, I made multiple phone call and voice messages to the adjuster, she took more than a week to call me back to arrange vehicle inspection. The local vehicle inspector took more than necessary pictures and collected extra information which was not necessary.

I got my local body shop quoted repair cost $724.83, Mendota quoted $456.88 only. I called and emailed to adjuster multiple times, explained the labor rate had big difference between California and Tennessee, they simply close my case. They sent first check to the wrong address, after 3 more weeks, again multiple phone calls and emails, finally they sent me a check with correct address on the envelope, and wrong address on the check. This is the nightmare, the worst auto insurance I have ever deal with.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Called to pay bill, get transferred 3 times, then get put on hold for 15 minutes while the guy is calling me ma'am the whole time until I corrected him. ALL TO TRY AND PAY MY BILL> Can't wait to change companies. This one is TRASH and they are full of **.

Mendota Auto Insurance Company Information