1.2/5 (174 ratings)

About Matrix Absence Management

Matrix Absence Management Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Matrix Absence Management?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Matrix Absence Management?

Original review: April 27, 2022

Been on SSI since last year of July I believe because I have a disability. First, They take a long time to get back to you sometimes might even take a week just to get an update with your case. Second, I didn't receive my full SSI payment but my case was closed. Been emailing my examiner since last week about it. I also called EDD was told that all payments were already made and that my claim there was already closed. Please be considerate of your clients and pay them their full benefit. Thank you.

Original review: April 23, 2022

I went out on STD with this company, I started getting my stuff together 4 weeks prior to my surgery so I would be able to get everything approved. It was all set up but I didn’t have much guidance from my adjuster. They only approved me for 6 weeks for a rotator cuff repair. I then had to get reapproved which took 5 phone calls and multiple emails over a week time to get an answer and approval for another 3 weeks. Now I’m up for approval again because the dr will not allow me to return to work until hopefully 12 week mark, as in a RN in prep and recovery unit. I have sent an email to her 3 days prior to my appointment and my date of the approval running out. She told me okay 2 days later.

I send an email the day of my appointment to tell her what is going on and she tells me she faxed over the information to request records. Okay great! Later that day I get a letter stating they sent a fax to a Dr. **. I don’t have nobody by the name of Dr ** in my care. I asked her about that. No answer. Today I called my ortho about the fax and they never received it. So I message her and call her and she states to me. "We do not fax them information, they just need to submit the information to us." Excuse me??? She wrote in a legal document that she faxed this. Well to put the icing on the cake. It. Has. Been. Two. Weeks. Since I have gotten a paycheck. I email her and she told me that she has submitted late. Horrible company to deal with and I hope I never have to use them again.

Get buying tips about Disability Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2022

Such a challenging process to deal with this company and the rep “assigned” to my case. Not only did it make my maternity leave not enjoyable because of the headache and constantly going back and forth, but also now that I have postpartum. I’m constantly needing to address this company for my claims and it’s just nuts. I’m already dealing with the state, my job and my doctors. WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS? Today was a particularly difficult day for me and then I received an email that I might need to return to work in 2 days. Leading me to spiral further and have an anxiety attack because I’m not well and not ready. So even though the state already approved my disability, this company is suggesting otherwise? No words, so unpleasant being harassed by the rep and can’t just be left alone to recover.

Original review: April 11, 2022

My mother in law has been placed on hospice. I was told to apply for FMLA to cover days that I would be responsible for care. It was denied as Mother in Law does not count under family coverage. Only immediate family (spouse, mother, father, children and siblings) only are covered. It doesn't matter that she is in my home on hospice. NO compassion, no communication.

Original review: April 10, 2022

After breaking my leg and going through surgery the last thing you want to do is beg someone to pay you the disability coverage you’re entitled to through your job. I told my adjuster that my return to work date would be later than the surgeon originally estimated since my workplace doesn’t offer light duty. I told her this just over three weeks before the original return date so things could be corrected. I didn’t hear back until the three weeks later and suddenly it was on me to get the doctor's office to fax over information that I could have told them about sooner. I’m now two weeks without money because she didn’t respond to me in a timely manner. I’m so angry with these people. They don’t care if you have kids you have to take care of either. Couldn’t make your doctor’s office update paperwork in two days? Too bad. You’re S.O.L.

Original review: March 26, 2022

My employer uses Matrix Absence Management. I hate when the time comes to file another claim. My adjuster is not personable, not responsive and evasive. I contact my doctor's office the month before my recertification is due but Matrix does not respond to me until it's expired or late. For my job to be protected, I then rush to get the doctor's office to fill out my paperwork. Then Matrix will always say, they have not received it. I ask my doctor's office to confirm with me for this reason. l then write my adjuster back forwarding him the email that has previously been sent. Magically the next day, I am approved. Then they make you do paperwork every 6 months. I've had migraines since age 6. I am 40+, I'm going to be dealing with migraines my whole life. I think their plan is to get you so frustrated that you give up on submitting your claim. Absolutely the worst experience every 6 months.

Original review: March 10, 2022

Never in my life have I dealt with a more unprofessional company. I have been off work due to a knee injury and waiting on surgery. It's going on 4 months. I haven't been paid this entire time. I almost lost my job because these people aren't doing theirs. I have been juggled around between 4 people. Never have I actually spoken to anyone. My job contacted me and said that they haven't received any paperwork from them and if I didn't show medical documents I would be fired.

I have faxed them so many times. I can see straight they wait 2 weeks to respond to an email. Come to find out they are working from home and are relying on someone else to send my fax to them through email. I finally certified overnighter the paperwork to them so I can prove they received it. My advice absolutely document everything when dealing with them cause the agents have blatantly lied to cover their own laziness. I have been in touch with my company and I am filing a formal complaint.

Original review: March 1, 2022

I am a COVID longhauler. Matrix refused to approve my claim because of a "lack of objective test results". As anyone in health care knows, most of the damage caused by COVID is impossible to image or measure. They have given benefits to some of my coworkers who have also had all of their tests come back in the normal range, but they had COVID several months after I did.

Don't do business with Matrix. They make their claimants submit the same paperwork several times, they won't get back to you when you have questions, they lose your paperwork, and say it is your fault, then they deny your claim because they feel they know more about your health than your doctors know. More than one doctor has told them that I am having difficulty breathing. They believe the problem with my lungs is due to the small nerves in my lungs - nerves that are too small to image. So, how could anyone in my situation provide objective proof of a cause? And why do they pick and choose who they will help and who they won't? Keep your employees happy and find a company that doesn't discriminate to handle your claims.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2022

This is the worst experience I’ve ever had. Submitted a claim, no one reached back to me after 8 business days. I worked through a mouth infection, due to worries about losing my job. I was told now I will not get paid because I logged in off and on. They will do all they can to not pay you. I was told they would contact my job to secure it, another week has passed, nothing. Every employee I work with that used Matrix has same complaints. One coworker went right back to work after hysterectomy due to fear of losing job, from no contact from Matrix. Corporations need to take a close look at this company.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

I am writing this review as both a sick employee and HR professional. I have never in my career experienced a worse disability vendor and it is horrible that you have to deal with them at your rock bottom just trying to get your bills paid. I am sick with multiple health issues and had documentation and clinical notes sent to them from 5 different doctors including my test results, scans, etc. Essentially I have a tumor, I can’t see, I can’t stand and I can’t focus and I sleep all day because of a health issue I have which was clearly documented by all these doctors and yet they denied my claim after taking forever to get back to me. They actually put the wrong fax number on their forms they give to doctors all of my doctors said and we think it’s because they want to be able to say they never received it and deny your claim.

When you’re already so stressed about your health and life to be dealing with this and the coordination of all this paperwork and constant follow up and fighting is egregious and they want you to just give up, roll over and take it, unfortunately NY state only pays you $170 a week for disability which is not at all enough to live on.

I have worked in HR for over 12 years and I have to say that to use this vendor in the midst of a pandemic and The Great Resignation is basically telling your people to leave. They remember how you treat them at critical life moments like this wand no one chooses to get sick. After talking to my HR network about my experience they’re all staying away from this company because it’s been so poorly managed.

I highly recommend to not proceed with this company as your disability vendor if you are involved in choosing a vendor- your benefits team will be dealing with sick employees who are being denied their pay and you won’t have any recourse to help them. If you have any questions or would like further details please don’t hesitate to contact me as it is my sincere hope that nobody has to go through what I’ve been through with this company over the last couple of months and has caused me even greater trauma at my rock bottom. I am now pursuing an attorney to get me the money I’m owed so that I don’t go into bankruptcy.

Matrix Absence Management Company Information