1.2/5 (155 ratings)

About Matrix Absence Management

Matrix Absence Management Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Matrix Absence Management?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Matrix Absence Management?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

My worker is incompetent!! I have not had a paycheck in two weeks and I will not get one next week either due to my worker. She’s lazy and she tells lies. I informed her that I will be taking another 30 days so my doctor faxed over the paperwork. She claims she’s never got it but never called to tell me this so all that time I’m thinking everything was ok. I call her while I’m at the doctor's office and ask her to fax the paperwork while I’m there and she tells me, "Oh it’s going to take them an hour to get it because they have to sort through something." (IDK) So I asked the nurse if this was true. She said, "No. As soon as the paperwork is faxed we get it." I’ve been on short-term disability since July 19th and every week my paycheck is either not there or something happens or it’s not the right amount. I’m sick of them. Hopefully I never have to use them again.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I am on medical leave due to covid. I have asthma or was diagnosed with asthma so I can't work at the moment because covid affected my body really bad. I never can't never can't get a hold of them. I leave several messages to my Examiner and emails. They sent me a letter through my email about they need medical certification on the 7th of September and the letter said my deadline to turn paperwork in on 2nd of September. My deadline for my claim is the 12th of September. Something have to get done or I will take further actions. The representative are really nice and helpful but the examiners need to do better by reaching out.

Get buying tips about Disability Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

This company is the worse. They take their sweet time to do things and delay payments. I have been assigned to agent Tikia ** and it only took her over a month to start sending my disability payments. Now I have been waiting for over 2 weeks for the paid family leave, and all she does is say her supervisor is working on it. I don’t understand how they’re still in business and why we are forced to go through them.

Original review: July 31, 2021

While the "high and mighty" VeeDis Kimble sat in her HOME while she/Matrix made me go to the doctor at the height of the Covid outbreak and I got Covid!! After almost 17 years you would think they could wait but instead they used Covid to try to get rid of me! When I got Covid I was so freaking sick for 3 weeks it looked like I was going to die but I made it through. Then VeeDis called me at 5:30 pm December 31st to tell me I would no longer be getting disability? She & her company are MONSTERS, how & why are questions I have to hire an attorney to find out. Someday Karma will catch up with you, I don't know how VeeDis could look herself in the mirror, I really don't, a true MONSTER!

Original review: July 30, 2021

I heard nothing from my claims examiner for four months other than an occasional stock letter. One day he called me out of the blue and informed me my claim was denied and closed effective immediately because a medical provider hadn't sent him records. I checked with the medical provider, the medical provider's copy service, and even Matrix's own document retrieval service and they all confirmed the records request had been fulfilled. Absolutely insane.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Thought things couldn’t get more stressful after my daughter's liver and kidneys failed but boy was I wrong. Not only did my claims manager not process my paperwork in time, but also never returned my calls.

Original review: June 25, 2021

I am off with stress related illnesses. All they did was try to deny my claim with each review! Some of my symptoms and my condition worsened, but my time is up and I have to return to work! This company is EVIL!!! These people are soooo unbelievably awful!!!! What does it take??? Does someone have to die or commit suicide??? I don’t even think they will care then! How do they live with themselves??? How do they sleep at night???

Original review: June 24, 2021

We have been battling to get a claim completed for months. Our rep doesn't return calls and is not clear on what is needed or not needed to get issue resolved. Very poor customer service from this rep.

Original review: June 12, 2021

This company is horrible, nobody contacts you when they are suppose to. They ignore everything you tell them when you have issues getting paid or anything else. They blame everyone else for their mess-ups. Don't know why my employer Kimberly Clark supports this company. Everyone at my company has had issues with this company.

Original review: May 21, 2021

My company hires Matrix to manage absence and disability pay. I have been out with a torn Achilles tendon nearly 2 months. Not only have they obstructed my disability pay, they have denied my family leave right. This is one of the most evil companies I have ever encountered. Keep a crucifix and garlic handy if you deal with them.

Matrix Absence Management Company Information