1.2/5 (184 ratings)

About Matrix Absence Management

Matrix Absence Management Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Matrix Absence Management?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Matrix Absence Management?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

This company needs to do an overhaul with how they handle claims and customers. Like many of the reviews I read, I am also experiencing a very hard time communicating with my manager, making sure everything that is needed gets filed and follow up. I have to constantly email or call to find out anything and no one responds or responds in an untimely manner. I am sure they are busy, but if you are taking on this job, then handle your claims and responses correctly. Horrible, wish I didn't have to deal with Matrix but unfortunately it's who my employer uses.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

Matrix needs review who and what they hire, M. ** is the worse, no communication, no phone calls back, always out of the office, sends confidential medical information to the wrong email address, after being told multiple times that she's been sending it to the wrong person. The lack of detail and compassion from a company is awful. I don't care how many times you call and leave a message its always the same thing I never got it, or you're forward to someone completely different to handle your claim. Not mention when they do call the bizarre hours they call you 6:30 AM, 6:15 AM. Other companies if you're thinking of hiring this company to handle your FMLA, think twice the place is a headache!

Get buying tips about Disability Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

It took me 2 week to get in contact with anyone to begin with. I called my personal claimer 7 times and emailed 3 before I got a response. I also reached out to the supervisor of which took 3 voicemails and a matter of about 5 days before he contacted me back. I had issues receiving my payment, and the company was very inconsistent with everything. Impossible to talk to. I was off because my heart stopped and had to have immediate surgery and was in the ICU for a week. Throughout the process of this and the amount of time it took to get paid, I almost lost everything. Don’t depend on them to get you through your time off.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

This company is a joke! I’ve been on maternity leave for 6 weeks now and will be back in less than a month and I have not received any form of payment. I get an email 2 weeks ago that my examiner is needing to send me the “approval letter” before I can start to receive my payments and haven’t got an email back since and I wrote her again a week later. Today I have now called hoping for a call back soon. It’s ridiculous they want you to have documents in on a certain time frame for them but can’t get you your stuff in a timely manner.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I tried numerous times to get in touch with my examiner and his supervisor for my claim. I don't receive call backs or returning emails. Both always out of the office or in meetings. Very frustrating for me not to know what they need as far as my claim.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

Impossible to get in contact with anybody. The claims examiners are rude and will not respond to email and definitely don’t reach out on a Monday because that’s a good excuse to be a bad employee apparently.

Original review: July 13, 2022

On June 27th I filed a Short Term Disability claim, on June 28th I called Matrix back. Spoke to the intake department, gave that person the date it needed to be updated to and emailed my Claims Examiner Heather ** to notify of needing the date changed. I did not hear back from Heather at all. On Thursday July 7th 2022 I received an email from Jamila ** stating that she is helping with my claim as Heather was out of the office. Wanted to clarify the date I needed to change to AND let me know that no Medical Certification had yet been received. I replied to her email July 8th explaining that my provider had a fax confirmation from 6/28/2022 that the documents were sent back and I had my provider AGAIN send the documents on 07/08/2022 as well as went and PICKED UP a copy wasting my own gas to make sure that they had the paperwork.

I sent the paperwork to Jamila via email & uploaded it directly to the portal. I explained to her that I needed my date to be changed to 7/20/2022 UNLESS an accommodation can be made to allow me to work 07/21/2022 till 1130am due to me having to do Surgery prep & testing the day prior to surgery. I never received an email or call after this. At this point I thought it was taken care of. However, Monday 07/11/2022 I received an email for an approval. Upon looking at it I noticed the date was still not changed. So I called yet again, I was told Heather ** has now been out of the office 5 days and was transferred to a voicemail at 514pm which was for Lissette ** - Heather's manager. I left a voicemail and requested a call back.

07/12/2022 I still had not heard from anyone. I checked the portal and still the date is NOT UPDATED. So I called again and spoke to another person in the Intake department. They then transferred me to Derek ** the Director over both Heather & Lissette, I left a message requested a call back and emailed Derek as well. It's 07/13/2022 and again NO RESPONSE. This is absurd at this point. I have done my part and provided the updated information why are the claims Examiners, Managers, & Directors NOT DOING THEIR PART?

As well I would like to point out that the Medical portion of documentation was provided on 07/07/2022 and again it is now 07/13/2022 and they are STILL showing my claim is incomplete. How is my claim incomplete if you have been provided ALL of the documents that you requested? HOW is my Short Term Disability claim still pending approval when you have the Doctors information? AGAIN I believe that this group of people will intentionally make it so that I don't get paid. I have done my due diligence in filing the claim BEFORE my leave - I made sure all the necessary information was provided - Yet here I sit with a half ass approval & STILL THE WRONG DATE.

My job is to get you the information, WHICH HAS BEEN DONE. It seems as though NO ONE is doing their part except for the claimant. If we didn't do our part you could blame you not doing yours on us. Seems like an easy way to blame others, BUT IN THIS CASE I have done my part. It is unacceptable that Matrix Claims Examiners & Management for that matter are UNRESPONSIVE & UNPROFESSIONAL. It is unsettling that these are the individual RESPONSIBLE for ensuring that I get paid or are just processing my claim in general. I cannot trust that they are going to do the right thing for me. I cannot trust that they will process my leave appropriately. I fear that they will INTENTIONALLY cause harm to my job. Complaints have been filed with both Consumer Affairs & BBB.

Original review: June 28, 2022

This company is the biggest SCAM EVER. If you have any sickness that is very severe don’t expect anything but STRESS AND DISSAPOINTMENT. They requested very detailed documentation from all of my doctors, results of my scans, breakdown of why I’m out. They made 3 of my doctors send over medical certification forms. Requested office visit notes from all three of them, and still after documentation showing my medical problems, chronic pain, can’t walk, my medications, my restrictions, what can further worsen this condition (stress being the main one) and that’s all I have had.

The fact that they received documentation from 3 different doctors and STILL it was not Efficient enough for them. They try to take every little piece of your doctor notes over months and basically tell your doctors (3 specialists) they don’t write adequate information for them. I hope everyone follows through with a lawsuit with them as I have already contacted a lawyer and I will not allow them to take advantage of me. I hope your license gets provoked and you all go out of business con artists.

Original review: June 8, 2022

My husband had surgery and I needed time to take care of him, while the initial process was pretty smooth, I needed to take an extra day because his stitch removal got pushed back a day. I emailed and called multiple times after I found out. No answer, no communication, no nothing. I ended calling my supervisor the next day, and he had no idea what I was talking about. Good thing I did, or it would have been a no call/no show. I can't believe this place continues to be a used service for companies. As a customer based company, you'd think customers would be a top priority. If I could give it 0 stars I would.

Original review: May 30, 2022

I contacted Matrix Absence so I could leave work to take care of my mother when she had terminal cancer. My mom died a week later after I got harassed by my employer and they did not let me leave work sooner. I had to get a doctor's note and fill out paperwork regarding the condition of my mother which took over a day along with having to repeatedly request the hospice doctor fill this out. It was incredibly cumbersome and unnecessary. I reluctantly notified my employer and Matrix that my mother had passed away, just so I would be able to keep my job. Matrix repeatedly spammed me with phone calls and emails demanding that I re-file the doctors' form after my mother died even though I had already notified them. FMLA is a hoax in California and the DOL office in San Francisco claims they don't care if employers obstruct you from taking a leave of absence, they will take no action to enforce this law 29 CFR 825.220. Matrix absence didn't help with the spam phone calls and emails after my mom died.

Matrix Absence Management Company Information