1.20/5
  • 1 star
Based on 86 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 23, 2017

87 Matrix Absence Management Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

My last day to work was 8/23/2017. I have Parkinson's. I filed a claim for Short Term Disability (STD) and it was approved so I got paid for about 12 weeks and should have been 26 weeks, Matrix denied my claim after those 12 weeks’ pay telling me that they did not get proper documentation from my Neurologist. My Dr. office said they sent them all the info they needed so this went on for a few weeks and Matrix finally denied my claim and will not pay my other 14 weeks. I am entitled to 6 months STD thru my employer, I have since been approved for SSDI benefits so I can’t get STD for Nov but they owe me for part of August and all of Sept and Oct. Do I have any recourse to get this money that I am owed?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I am writing on behalf of a person who was injured on the job at Lake Elsinore Ford. She was immediately treated like a pariah by both the employer and Matrix. She did not break any bones but suffered a crush injury to her hip that caused the employer to eventually fire her - and later, a repair surgery was performed @ $35,000 which drove us into bankruptcy.

I accompanied my wife on EVERY doctor visit - she was unable to drive herself although she had competently drove trucks at the auto dealership where she worked. The employer refused or ignored any type of employee counseling or assistance while she was suffering agonizing debilitating pain. Her other injuries were herniated discs in her upper back (thoracic), and lumbar region.

Because of her multiple injuries, she was unable to find suitable alternate work, and we lost our house in a foreclosure. She was always in pain and walked with a gimpy stride, could not climb stairs, and was uncomfortable sitting, lying down, or while in motion. We had to do some searching to find other victims of Matrix, some family members of people whom Matrix refused to help and whose pain was so unbearable that they took their own lives.

Yes, Matrix denied suffering people to the extent that they killed themselves. Matrix is an evil company making tons of money based on the suffering left in their wake. People like Governor Schwarzenegger and other investors in this type of insurance company make tons of money based on the suffering of little people unable or not equipped to fight back, like my wife and I.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I get short term long term disability through my work and I have recently had to go on medical leave for short term disability. Contact Matrix absence management in September. It is now November and I still haven't received anything because they keep saying that the doctor's office is not sending the fax or they just haven't received any emails or fax and the doctor's office has repeatedly sent these emails and fax to the point they are so aggravated and I am too. I'm a single mother and this is how they treat their customers. It's ridiculous.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I went on long-term disability, I receive 1 payment, sent to an address I have not lived at for 7 years (they had current address). It has been a fight to get them to pay, they have lied so much, I don't believe they know the truth. I am hoping to set up a lawsuit against them and others that have paid into this company for years only to be denied because the reps lie, lose information, twist information. If you have had problems we need to get together for justice.

Original review: June 6, 2017

Don't waste your time with these incompetent, money hungry idiots! GET AN ATTORNEY! I relate to many of you. Believe me. Despite complying with the barrage of paperwork they sent me, there was always something mysteriously missing, something else required of me; in addition to Matrix saying my doctors never sent documents, so I missed deadlines. Which was a lie! I called all 10 of my physicians to verify. How is it statistically possible to have 10 doctors IGNORE request to submit (any) medical records to this unethical/poor business practice: RELIANCE / MATRIX?

They denied my LTD compensation for severe, life-threatening/chronic illness, ignore all of my physicians' diagnoses/prognoses. They don't return phone calls (FYI: do not call - email EVERYTHING so you have proof/documentation of communications, requests, questions, concerns, etc!); they don't return e-mails. Their goal = continue making $, having total disregard for those whom are severely ill/disabled and have lost everything - career, enjoyment of life (and income)!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Matrix Absence Management?

Original review: June 1, 2017

I wished that I had read these reviews and I would not be in the situation that I am in at this time. This company also stopped paying me on the first appointment day after having a total knee replacement. To top it all off, I was not notified that I needed to get all of the surgery and office records before I would be approved to continue with payments. It now has been 3 weeks since I have received a check and all of my bills are coming due. I'm also unable to walk very far and need to drive to physical therapy and MD appointments with no money to even buy gas or groceries. These people do not care and do not do their job. They list on their website that they are responsible for contacting the client's MD for office records, which never happened for me until I called 3 times over 2 days.

When Erica called me back from Matrix, she was not friendly and stated that she would send my MD's office a request for records, which I reiterate is now about 3 weeks. Everyone is correct to say that being disabled and recovering from surgery is hard enough, much less having to do the job of calling or personally obtaining your own medical records. My employer uses the company and I have no choice in this matter.

Original review: May 24, 2017

In 2014 I lost my mom in May, my right leg in August and my beloved job in October. I was a nurse and the facility couldn't use a one-legged nurse. I have LTD through Matrix and I have not had any of the problems that others seem to have. It may be that my claims person, Camella, is just that good or since my claim goes through the New York office I don't know. There was one time that my check did not come and Camella overnighted my check to me. No problems, no hassles.

Original review: May 1, 2017

As the other Consumer, it's bad enough being out of work and having to make ends meet with what little money you get from the insurance but when they don't do their job and you have no check coming in it really makes things harder. It's going on 2 weeks with no check. My Claim officer put stop on the day of appointment??? Even though I wasn't even able to walk and she knew this, so I guess she thought I could go back to work without walking. Anyway here I sit late on bills due to MATRIX Disability Insurance. Why don't they do their job??

Original review: March 24, 2017

It's bad enough when you are injured and cannot work but even worse when the disability company cannot do their job. I did everything I was supposed to do on my end. I kept my claims examiner informed after every doctor's appointment and I stayed in contact with my Physician's assistant as to when she submitted my paperwork. Everything was done correctly and I have documentation to back this up. My claims examiner dragged her feet extending my leave therefore I was not paid on time. Erika ** was my Matrix Claims Examiner.

Original review: March 24, 2017

I was put out on STD and my doctor missed 14-day submission by one day, had to file an appeal and they dug deep, took 3 months and denied my claim, and I was fired from job after because of attendance policy. Their doctors reviewed my claim and denied me after MRIs proved my case and numerous doctor which I had to see all went to bat as they are of course the ones that took me off work. I went three months with no money while reviewing my case to be denied. I lost everything, went homeless and had to sell car for food to feed child. Could not touch 401K unless I was fired in which finally was but it devastated my life. I feel I was denied as they found out I had an autoimmune disease and felt I'd be out more often and got rid of me.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I truly hope Matrix gets shut down. This is the worst experience I've ever had trying to get a few days off for FMLA. First they claim to fax paperwork to my doctor’s office when they never did just to stall the process. Next my doctor’s office faxed the paperwork back (right in front of me) and they now Matrix claims they never received it. You can't get a hold of anyone to help with the claim and they are always late at getting back to you. I wish my company did not deal with these people because all they care about is stalling people and making sure you don't get the hard earned leave you deserve.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2016

I been out of work from Main Line Health Labs since 2016 and now we are going into January 2017. I'm out of work because bad knee, neck and wrist. I worked for MLH for 12 years and paid into short term and long term disability. The insurance company Matrix has made me being out of work even worst. I been selling my personal belongings and now had to put my home up for sale because I have not got paid since the summer 2016 when Matrix decided to drop my claim. The doctors, nurses and I sent Matrix everything over and over that they requested. But no matter what they deny my claim. I feel like I am heading for a meltdown. I called Main Line Health Human Resources but they are no help either. They are actually posted my job although I been hurt due to my job. Watch Amber Alert. It is just about what I am going thru and how the claims people are forced to turn down claims just so higher ups can get bigger bonuses.

I believe Matrix mirrors this movies. Just shady insurance companies who will do everything they can to not pay out and deny claims. I been thru hell over the last seven months medically but not being paid adding to the situation makes it worst. It's not fair I pay into short and long term disability and now when I need it I cannot get paid and have to sell my belonging and now my home just to stay afloat and I am still drowning in debt and stress. Main Line Health is aware of the issue but does nothing to rectify situation. I'm just disgusted and drained from all the stress. I hope I can bring light to this problem so others won't have to suffer like I am.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

It's Dec 14th and I'm still waiting for my November disability payment from Matrix. My check got lost in the mail again. I've learned to expect this to happen twice a year now. But this time it's really going to cost me. I've had some extra health problems the last couple months and the extra costs have stretched my budget to the breaking point. I've now run out of groceries and today was the last day I had to make a payment before my electricity is shut off. I explained this to the Matrix agent last week and asked if they could over-night the replacement check to me.

He informed me that once the checks go in the mail it is no longer their responsibility if they don't arrive and not their problem. And he expressed all the compassion of a pit-viper. So, here I am. Waiting for a check that was suppose to be here two weeks ago. After 11 years of disability, this is all I've learned to expect from these people. In addition to dealing with my health problems, I have to stress every month about whether my disability check is going to be here on time. I do not write this to elicit anyone's sympathy (obviously we can never expect any from Matrix), but to warn people that are looking to buy disability insurance about what my experience with Matrix has. People do not deserve to be treated like this.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2016

My company which I will not name unfortunately uses Matrix as the vendor to handle disability claims. I'm currently out of work on a valid leave due to a medical emergency in July. Enter Matrix to handle my claim. I'm going to keep this short as I'm going to deal with this through my HR dept and the individual that works directly with Matrix but suffice to say they are horrible. From the get go they have been terrible. They never sent the paperwork to me as they said they would and lied about sending it to my doctor. By the time I got it myself and had my doctor complete it they were about to deny my claim. Then it took 8 weeks to get a check and that was 5, weeks ago. Since then no money.

I've been trying to deal with the rep but he's very difficult to get ahold of. Says he's "swamped". Called his manager. No callback. He's also rather rude, interruptive and tries to make like the communication problem is mine. Not a chance. Every review I've read about this company has the same theme. They are rude, they do not tell the truth and try to make the claimants feel like they've done something wrong. Can't understand why any reputable company uses this sorry excuse for a vendor. Absolutely horrible.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

You have to stay on them all the time. They never call you until you call them. Had to have paperwork from them to get my money and to return to work. It took me getting angry to get an response. And I had a claims manager.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

Matrix Absence Management is the company that handles my husband's employees LTD compensation. They are horribly rude, they will not return phone calls at all. You can leave numerous messages and they just ignore them. Depend solely on voice mail as a means of business operation. One representative will tell you one thing and a second will tell you something completely different. You cannot trust anything you are told. Case managers are constantly in meetings or out of the office. Nothing is done in a timely manner. They act as though they don't care because it doesn't affect them. Our creditors are screaming for payment and we can't get an honest answer as to when my husbands LTD payment will arrive. It's been four weeks with no income in our home and they could care less.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

I am receiving long term disability from the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City. I have only one complaint about the bank. I was misinformed about whether or not another retirement would offset my disability payments. The misinformation was unintentional. I was told my other retirement would not offset my disability payments. The person assumed I was already receiving those retirement payments and I was not. When I drew my retirement my disability payments were reduced by $19K a year and I had to pay back $8K. Since I am no longer employed by the Fed I had no access to the policy and was not provided a copy when I asked for it. As for my experience with Matrix Management it has been a nightmare. I have had 3 case. I would lose benefits if the that managers, the first of which was a condescending rude and intimidating attack dog.

When I complained about her to HR at the Fed, one of her direct reports became my case manager. He was only slightly better. All of the conversations were recorded and it was obvious he was being cautious about what he said and how he said it. But he also was condescending and threatening by constantly reminding me that my benefits would be canceled if the medical records they requested were not received by their deadline. I now have a third case manager and have found her to be polite, non-threatening and helpful. Matrix sends the requests for records. Then they almost immediately send a follow-up request for more information, doubling their chances that someone will fail to meet their deadline and lose their disability benefits.

Original review: July 20, 2016

HIPAA Breach - Matrix and their subcontractor, MES, have been sending my private medical to a former lawyer of four years. I have at that time hired a new lawyer which removed the original esquire. Anyhow, I have now received two letters (6/21/2016 & 7/11/2016) of very private health information that was also forwarded to the former attorney. Matrix' resolve was that they contacted their sub- and that all has been erased as of today... I then said how do I know what was sent to the former lawyer as they "assured" all was corrected. Really?

As they are harassing me to attend "Phase #2" of an IME which I struggle to get to in any situation via car, they are also denying me my correct salary although I have it as received by my former job. "I was terminated for following doctors' orders." Too many to list about Matrix and their procedures as they harass, with tone, condescending, and although I have expressed a conflict of schedule, they are persistent which will now most likely require a lawyer. I was a 9/11 1st responder and have a serious amount of illnesses that just keep coming... and my words of distress and anxiety only make them more forceful to their than to my health conditions. I apologize, my cognitive skills are fading at this point, eyes are getting blurry...

Original review: July 4, 2016

I feel so bad for those who needed the long-term disability. I only needed the short-term while I went through physical therapy and waited for a relatively simple modification at my work. I was denied BOTH despite multiple doctors notes so I ended up working through the pain and it was excruciating at times. I could only handle part-time so I lost thousands of dollars in income. Months later, my work eventually gave in and made the requested modification but by then the pain had become pretty much chronic. I may have ruined that body part for the sake of keeping a job. I did look for other jobs during that time but didn't get any bites.

I don't know which Matrix office I was dealing with because I'm in California and I used the 800 number. I dealt with several of them. The rep named Laura ** was particularly vicious. She used anger and lots of sarcasm to try to intimidate me. She accused me of just being lazy and of having ulterior motives. To be spoken to this way when you are desperate to the point of crying every night and in a panic over what to do is the most despicable thing. Another one, Theodora **, deliberately put her own spin on my doctor's request and claimed that her substitute advice to my company was the same as what the doctor wanted. It was not remotely the same. My doctor worked so hard trying to help me get through to them. My advice is to get copies of everything your doctor writes because Matrix will make things up. You can't prove them wrong unless you have your doctor's words on paper right in front of you.

Check out Matrix employee reviews of their own company on Glass Door. There is one that states: "If you enjoy denying hard working honest employees of their benefits then this is the company for you. Matrix works hard to deny workers compensation, short and long term disability, return-to-work services, personal/family leave (FMLA) programs to deserving employees." That is verbatim. They also say, Matrix work ethic and motto is to say NO to clients. The reviewer here on Consumer Affairs who called them morally repugnant - no truer words have ever been said. I believe there is a special place in Hell for Matrix employees. Also, you might want to take a good look at the company you work for because there is a reason why they hired Matrix.

Original review: June 29, 2016

I've read a lot of reviews... understandably they deal with monetary issues. My friend committed suicide, my mom got sick and my kitchen flooded badly all within 2 months. I'm still amazed that I didn't get electrocuted from the flood, it mainly pooled within my kitchen fluorescent light system and electrical appliances. I worked for an airline from home... I broke down. They were pushing more work on less people (like so many other companies). The stress was unbelievable. This was probably the 3rd request I'd made for FMLA but it was definitely the oddest. They asked my neighbor (who the airlines knew I was having huge dog barking issues with) to "watch" me as well as 2 other neighbors... which is so creepy. Who asks neighbors to spy? And how do I know this?

The irony is, the gentleman who came to get the mold and asbestos readings after the flood from his little machine chatted with me while he collected the reading. I happened to mention Matrix and I can't tell you how wide his eyes became. He said he had worked for them for many years and his wife still does. He said he used to work in the "field", investigating the legitimacy of claims. He said with a mental breakdown, that it would be rare for my claim to be looked into. Well, apparently it wasn't that rare. To try to make a long story short, they somehow or someone was granted access inside my rental condominium. My journals were read, papers and receipts were gone through... photographs. I'm a female who lives alone and as crazy as this story sounds, it happened. They do it. That was absolutely confirmed to me.

My car as well. I went to an AA meeting one time, was absolutely followed in, observed. He observed my car from peering inside the windows at the belongings inside. It absolutely happened and only once again reflects the strong prejudice of mental health issues and illnesses and how those people are treated so very menial by so many entities... from employers to agencies to well... morons like Matrix Absence Management. I am not trying to invoke worry in anyone, but some of these 'wish I were a sheriff'' investigators will go to great lengths to provide proof that your claim is fraudulent. I feel that they would be much more effective as a mall cop, chasing skate boarders out of the parking lot. Because let's face it that is pretty much the extent of their training and expertise.

And in regards to money, I had some money saved and did not wish to be paid. I received a check for approximately 240 dollars and immediately called Matrix, telling them that since this was an extended FMLA, I didn't feel comfortable cashing it. She said I absolutely should. As soon as possible. Wish I wouldn't have. They obtained all my banking records from BOFA after that. I'm sure they were thrilled with my trips to Safeway, CVS or an occasional vegan burrito from Senor Taco. If I were nasty and classless, I would call them the nastiest name in the book, but I've let it go now. Sometimes (always) things happen for a reason. There is more to this story but hopefully you get the gist. They are creeps and any company that uses them should be aware of the problems by this point and, quite frankly, ashamed of themselves.

And if that company employs a management company such as well for instance let's say Aon Hewitt to try to clean up their mess and the mess grows much bigger well, as a company I would rethink my choice of the company that oversees absence management as well as the management company that oversees HR and medical issues related to Matrix. It's called CYA tho and I think that would be a good acronym for many corporations (especially in the medical field) these days.

When a previous employee of Matrix tells me about their shady tactics and why he chose a new profession... I tend to buy his story. Especially when I lived this nightmare (Nov 2014) to present day. And I'm not even employed with the airline anymore! I hope my post has emphasized the fact that they really will go to great lengths to investigate and insist negligent behavior to the point of complete harassment and privacy invasion. Good luck, everyone. They are truly rotten to the core.

Original review: June 22, 2016

HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE! EMPLOYERS SHOULD NOT RETAIN SERVICES THROUGH RELIANCE STANDARD & ANY EMPLOYER HAVING RELIANCE STANDARD FOR ITS EMPLOYEES. SHOULD TERMINATE THEIR "SERVICES" (if that's what you can refer it as because they don't provide a service - only lies, stall tactics, poor business practices.)

If you're thinking of obtaining your own policy through RELIANCE STANDARD, RUN! FAST! VERY FAST! I don't even want to give "one star" above because they don't deserve any recognition, any frickin' stars! At least RELIANCE STANDARD can have the courtesy to return a claimant's telephone calls, e-mails - ANY correspondence, not ignore them (us/ME!). Unprofessional! Unfair! Nothing but a fraudulent business that needs to be held accountable, in COURT, for their unethical, unfair, and unjust business practices.

I have 10 specialty care physicians - all stating I am permanently and totally disabled with a LIFE-THREATENING ILLNESS & EARLY DEMISE (and I am only 48 years old). And even more stressful and taxing on my overall mental and physical condition, I've undergone 2 surgeries in the past 3 months and 2 other procedures the past couple of years.

I even threw away a career which I worked and trained very hard, having earned 2 Masters Degrees and a Ph.D. - all thrown away. And RELIANCE STANDARD thinks I prefer being ill, out of work and broke??? Thankfully and my being very grateful, the U.S. Dept of Education (Federal Student Loan Dept) even discharged my student loan debt of $190,000 because of my severe, life-threatening (very well documented and substantiated by medical providers) illness - further validating the seriousness of my illness and that I deserve (earned) my Long-Term Disability Insurance, through RELIANCE STANDARD! I even had my Social Security Disability approved in less than 40 days! I even received Short Term Disability by the State of California - approved in less than 40 days!

Applied (February 2016) and waited, and waited to RELIANCE STANDARD, after my having to voluntarily resign from my employer and having to "go out" on FMLA (September 11, 2015). Then, receive (only) e-mails from RELIANCE STANDARD, "blah-blah-blah, everything is a go". Then, a month later from RELIANCE STANDARD, "oh, we need more documents". And, "your doctors never sent in the required paperwork". I contacted ALL 10 of my doctors - personally and over the telephone. Each doctor said they never received any paper work to be completed, by RELIANCE STANDARD. I knew RELIANCE STANDARD was lying, and I knew my physicians - ALL 10 of them could not have possible screwed up, forgot, or failed to send my much-needed documents to RELIANCE STANDARD!

I e-mail and e-mail and call RELIANCE STANDARD; NO RETURN e-mails or NO RETURN telephone calls to me, whatsoever from RELIANCE STANDARD. More so leading me on, causing me stress - further negatively impacting my overall health condition, I receive notice May 2016 that "everything has been approved - be on the lookout for a live check in the mail". Today (June 19, 2016) marks 45 days of NO WORD, NO CALLS, NO MAIL, and worse - NO CHECK since I was "approved" for LTD compensation OVER A MONTH AGO!

Original review: June 9, 2016

As of this year my company chose Matrix to handle our FMLA and disability claims. I have had to deal with them now 2 times for medical reasons and both times it was the most horrible experience. The automated messages back to back, the inability to get a hold of examiners, their lack of compassion for the individual, it is all just very upsetting and disappointing. I spoke with a supervisor who claimed she was going to get to the bottom of things but when it was all said and done information she gave us was not true at all. I don't know how I'm going to deal with them this go round but I am determined not to let it stress me out so thank you for this forum to express how I feel, I wish you all the best.

Original review: May 2, 2016

Matrix is the provider of choice by my employer to manage short term disability benefits. As such, they are managed in such a way as to delay payments and mishandle claims of applicants. They are almost impossible to reach, you are given a 'case handler', but they are constantly changed. Any calls go directly to voicemail. I received numerous voicemails stating my physician had not faxed paperwork and therefore I would not receive a paycheck. My physician was repeatedly send different types of forms to complete, in different formats, asking for same information.

No matter what my doctor faxed, Matrix always threatened me with letters stating more information was required, such as confidential and unnecessary test results. On several occasions, a Matrix representative was aggressively insulting to me, entirely unprofessional behavior. I believe Matrix employs these practices clearly in benefit of the corporate employer. If so, shame on them and moreover the corporate employer.

Original review: April 18, 2016

This is the absolute hardest company I have ever had to deal with. They are extremely difficult to get a hold of. Every time I call, I have a different claims examiner. I have had to leave a message every time, and they rarely even call back. The first time someone called back was after I filled out a bad survey online. The second was after I went on and filed a new claim because my existing claim was supposed to have been extended but hadn't been a month later.

They keep claiming they are not receiving faxes from my doctor when I have seen the doctor's fax confirmations. Then once they finally receive them, they always ask for more information. I am out for maternity leave and complications both before and after pregnancy. Working in the healthcare field I feel that it should be a simple case. It is terrible to think that we pay money for short term disability and they obviously try every way possible to get out of giving you your money. It has now been almost 2 months that my claim was supposed to have been extended and I haven't received a check in that time.

Original review: March 14, 2016

There is reason to believe this business deals in dishonesty. They are rude, difficult to contact, do what they can to stall a leave request, blame the doctor for not submitting paperwork to Matrix and there is reason to believe Matrix changes the parameters of the doctor's orders to benefit Matrix and the employer they represent. All of the leave papers are typed with no handwritten signature from the doctor. How does one know who even typed the doctor's name on the signature line?

Matrix seems as if they're in business to hurt already suffering people. Where are their medical professionals? Why does a claimant have to deal with general office workers who may know little to nothing about medical conditions? They don't even have the demographic information correct on the new form submitted several says ago. It's just astounding how one calls the intake center, provides updated information during the process only to have a document with old and inaccurate information on the form sent out. It is a sacrilege the way claimants are treated by Matrix and the claimant's employer! How do these people sleep at night?

Original review: March 4, 2016

At every turn, I was belittled, spoken rudely to, and fought for everything. They kept saying my paperwork was not received, or was misplaced. I was switched back and forth to two different people, When They Were There! I got a couple checks, extremely late, and then block wall after block wall. I'm owed a lot of money, My Money I Contributed To! I really wish there was a lawyer I could get help from, or a Class Action Lawsuit against this company so I could get the money I'm due. I've been disabled since 2013, I was told if I was completely disabled my benefits would continue for two years, so much for that.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2016

I am highly impressed with how this company has dealt with my claim. From my first phone call, I had an intelligent English speaking representative. They have contacted me numerous times and kept in touch with my progress. No stress during a stressful process. Very helpful.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2016

My name is Daniel! I work for Owens-Illinois that hired Matrix to handle short term disabilities! I have been off work for six months! I have got two checks -- one was for two weeks the next one was for two months! The company has refused to pay the remaining three and half months unless I release all my medical records! I have seen a total of six doctors and they all agree on diagnosis and that I should be off work! After investigating company I found out they also handle workman's comp. They want my medical records to build a case against paying workman's comp! The company is a total joke and if I could give them minus star rating I would!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2015

I wrote a review several months ago about this company when they were handling my Short Term Disability. Now the very same company is in charge of my Long Term Disability (sending me countless letters demanding the very same information I provided to them ever since April 2015). I worked so hard my employer (PHH Mortgage) only to be released 1 day before I had back surgery. I am Perm disabled and have not been paid since October. Both companies are disgraceful.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2015

My husband had to have CABG (open heart surgery) 2 weeks ago and is going to be out of work through the rest of this month and next month. We were told on Monday that he had 2 checks issued and they would be mailed the following day (Tuesday). Well, it is now Saturday and his checks STILL have not arrived! I was informed that the checks are mailed from Pennsylvania. We live in Maine, also on the east coast, so those checks DEFINITELY should have been here by now. My husband and I are relying on these checks while he is out of work to pay our bills, not to mention pay for the medications that he needs to be on, which he is about to run out of.

His claims examiner couldn't even tell us if his checks would be mailed on the same day each week. This company has totally left us hanging when we desperately need these funds. I can't pay all of the bills on my income alone, so we are depending on this checks to get to us and in a timely manner. What are we supposed to do when he runs out of his medications today??? How are we supposed to buy groceries and feed our pets??? This company is a complete JOKE!!! You can't even view or track your checks on their website!

Matrix Absence Management Company Information