Matrix Absence Management

• 1%
  • 1%
  • 94%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Matrix Absence Management?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Matrix Absence Management?
    Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedOnline & AppStaffEase of Use

Reviewed June 14, 2024

I have no idea why this company exists. Our hospital uses then as a middle man between us and HR. It was impossible to get a timely response, there was no direction on what to do and while you're sick and recovering you have to keep on top of them to get anything done. I finally got a form to return to work well over a week after I requested it. It arrived the day it was due. It required 2 trips totaling 100 miles and 4 phone calls and 3 emails to get the form signed and routed to me, HR and Matrix. I've been back to work a week already and just today received a response to my last email to my case " manager" saying he sent the form to my HR department and I can now return to work... Sorry for the delay.

Fortunately I took it into my own hands and returned to work as scheduled. Failure to do so could have subjected me to job loss and a week's salary. The website is non intuitive and basically useless except for uploading forms. You can't download forms. Making it self serve would be an improvement. My case manager returned one phone call in two months. Desperate I called and started on hold to talk to a different person. He helped as best he could but he is only able to access certain parts of your file. He told me it isn't just my case manager, this is a frequent complaint. If your company uses Matrix, be prepared to do all the foot work yourself and start early, give yourself extra time to meet your deadlines. Do not rely on them or you can find yourself unpaid and possibly in violation of your FMLA and subject to termination.

Reviewed June 12, 2024

If I could leave zero stars I would. This company has been nothing short of a nightmare. Can't get call backs or any communication at all. They sure like to send letter in the mail but you can't get them to send a simple fax. They say they are and then tell you 48 hrs. Then when 48 hrs goes by they still haven't faxed anything. It's clear to see why they have 1.2 stars overall. With the experience I have had, I am starting to think they don't have the money to pay out on my short term disability. I underwent a 6 hr emergency surgery and almost died at the end of my work shift and still fighting with these people 2 weeks later. Extremely unsatisfied.

I have called supervisors with no call back and I have resorted to calling my company to complain. When our company used Voya we never had any of these issues. I am beyond myself trying to heal and doing these people's job. As if almost dying wasn't stressful enough! Now I have to do their job so I can get a portion of my pay to not lose everything I own. Very sad and sickening!

Get buying tips about Disability Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer Service

Reviewed June 12, 2024

Agree with what everyone has stated! Out on leave due to a major surgery. Made sure all paperwork was sent in a month prior to make sure none of this will happen!!! First they said I submitted the claim too early so I had to resubmit another one two weeks prior to my surgery. Did that surgery, came all paperwork from Dr, been sent in all paperwork from me been sent in and signed. Time for first payment and none. Nicole is my case manager, she never answers the phone. Have to call and leave a voicemail and she will finally call back. Leave was extended, provider's office faxed over everything right then… Called, left a message and she called back later that evening… Stated I don’t have another extension period and I will have another payment. Wake up and checked my account and nothing!!!!

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 6, 2024

This doesn’t deserve a Star! I’ve but put off onto 3 different people. Each time I speak to someone the dates of my absence from work needs to be changed for some odd reason. I even caught them change the intermittent leave 3x. They went from one week to one day to two days. I’ve been denied short term disability and they’ve canceled one of the claims. And this is after they told me two file two different claims. These people (being polite when I call them people) don’t have the ability to do their jobs correctly or they’re looking after the job's best interest and not the injured.

Customer ServiceOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed June 6, 2024

This is the worst company CPS Energy could have hired. Chelsey ** was the worst to work with. First off all the paperwork was not sent in to my dr. Then Chelsey says, "We don't have all your info." Well Mrs. ** you did not send all the paperwork. Second she tells me to go and log in to the app. All the info is there. So on the app. It says short term disability was approved. On the app. It said starting date and ending date was approved. 2 months go by and she calls me saying that the short time disability was only approved till May 8. When I get her phone call it's already June 4. One month later she tells me that they only approved me till May 8.

So the rest of the time I've been off. I'm not getting paid for the time off. I'll have to use my PTO. Hell no. That was not right. I've been using my same dr. for years. She knows me better than anyone else. She should know what's right for me. If she tells me I need time off of work she know what would help my health. This company does not care about anybody's health. Chelsey was unprofessional. I would never recommend this company again I hope CPS Energy goes back to the other company we used before. Everyone at CPS Energy has had a complaint about their experience with the company and Chelsey **. Thank you for your time. Don't think this will help because look at all the negative reviews there are.

Reviewed June 6, 2024

This company is horrible. They have dragged their feet for weeks and caused tons of stress while I am injured and in pain. They should be shut down. Between the doctor and HR the papers have been faxed 16 times!

Tri

STRESS and RAGE is their specialty!!

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed June 5, 2024

If I were to own a company and it required an absentee management company, I would never do business with the Matrix. I have emailed daily as well as filed an appeal. I have done everything necessary and I do not get a response. I received a letter stating that my appeal was under review and going forward, I would now contact this specific individual, I’ve contacted that specific individual every day for five days and I get no response. New York State has A law that you have short term disability you receive a special stipend. I receive my New York State disability claim every single week but my personal claim through my employment… I’ve only received two checks.

I also pay for long-term disability. It’s in my benefits enrollment kit, and that doesn’t show up on one of the benefits I have with them, I had to fight for the accidental insurance policy payment as well. If you are in distress, if you are physically, impaired or injured, you will be set up to fail to comply with any of the request. I can’t imagine any company that is compassionately caring about their employees who are going through traumatic life events, utilizing the services provided by this company.

Tri

This "outfit" is the single most evil place I have ever dealt with. They finally offered me a settlement and I took it to be away from them. They will stress you out so badly you just can't take it anymore.

Customer Service

Reviewed May 29, 2024

Pathetic service. No one answers the calls and no one care to respond even if you leave 10 voicemails. I have issues with my Salary which was deducted because of the guy handling my case reported incorrect dates. These guys simply work in between vacations it seems. They are not bothered to these wonderful reviews either. Best way is to ask our company to get rid of Matrix Absence.

Reviewed May 9, 2024

The same as every one else, Zero communication. I have left several messages and not return calls. They put me on a 30-day delay stating they didn't get a fax even though I had a receipt for a successful send. Eventually, they said they did find it. They are trying to say my surgery was something more minor than it was even though they have my medical records, because their nurse said something. The company is absolutely terrible! Also was told by my examiner's manager they have a huge case overload and it takes a long time to get to each case.

Reviewed May 8, 2024

Good luck ever getting ahold of your case manager. They don’t respond to phone calls or emails. Asked to speak to a supervisor about an important question for my leave and still get transferred to a voicemail. Good luck with them ever paying you as well. And I worked the min state law of hours for my maternity leave and was still denied. I have a few days before my short term starts and they still won’t answer the phone and a month later my case STILL says pending for what reason I'll never speak to someone to figure that out. This company is absolute garbage, nonsense and unfortunately just no way around them.

Matrix Absence Management Company Information