Liberty Mutual Renters Insurance

Compare Renters Insurance

Research top Renters Insurance recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Need to replace things. When something happens no matter what you do not have to sit around waiting to get old things back what had in the first place. They jump on your claim in one heart beat and not keep you waiting a long time, like other insurers. Other ones tend to rip you off and not even care. They go by their promise and not make your life miserable and angry and not care at all. You get your claim when you need right away. No back talk. You be covered for what you have paid for and need to not wait a long time and end up with nothing. In the long run you get everything replaced.

They were available at around the clock hours and helped me with my problem fairly quickly. There were multiple ways to contact them. I've have not filed a claim yet but I am confident that if I did the claims process would be smooth and painless. I believe they would also be fair. They have a wide variety of policy options available to their customers and discounts can be have with the bundling of those options. The representative was very good with helping me choose what insurance options I needed. I was able to obtain more than enough coverage at a very affordable price and the process was easy thanks to my representative. They were very helpful and knowledgeable.

Liberty Mutual has awesome customer service. They are very helpful and friendly. They answer all my questions. We didn't have any claims but I have every confidence that Liberty Mutual would have handled them very well, with professional and a friendly manner. Liberty Mutual has many policy options. We love Liberty Mutual, they are a fantastic company! Liberty Mutual has great coverage. We had a 20,000 thousand dollars policy coverage and it was plenty of money to cover what furniture we had for renter's insurance.

Wonderful customer service at Liberty Mutual. They go above and beyond to keep their customers satisfied and they have enough staff that you are not ever on hold very long and you can hear the smile in their voice. I have not ever personally had the need to file a claim for the renter's insurance, but I'm sure that it would be quite simple and not very time-consuming. Liberty mutual wants to make sure that you are satisfied.

Liberty mutual has a wide array of policy options from basic to extensive. You choose the plan that best fits your needs as well as your budget. You can add or cancel however many options you choose. Believe me you will be very happy that you choose Liberty Mutual insurance! Renter's insurance is very vital to protecting all the assets that you have worked hard to accumulate. You can even choose to add additional coverage for your phones and computers. Think about it if a burglar were to break in and they see a nice computer, what do you think will happen? They will grab it, with Liberty mutual it is def worth the small additional charge to get those covered.

Customer service is excellent. They are friendly and knowledgeable. They show respect to everyone. They keep you up to date on our policy. Fees are low and easily affordable. I highly recommend them to everyone. I didn't have a claim thank goodness. But if I did I know they would process the claim as soon as possible. Anyone wanting good coverage should definitely find out their rates. They have a lot of different options. You can get very good coverage. They will cover most everything in your house. If you need them they will be there for you. They have a lot of different coverages. They will work with you on payments be it monthly every 6 months or yearly. You just can't go wrong with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Mutual Renters Insurance?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

They were always courteous and helpful. I never had a problem that they couldn't solve. Each time I ever had an issue they always answered it correctly and if they couldn't they would take the time to connect me with someone who was able to answer all of my questions and be able to solve any issue that I was having at that moment. They were never rude or blunt no matter how stupid a question might have seemed to them. If they were ever frustrated or angry they never let on or let it be known to myself the customer.

I would definitely recommend their customer service to someone else who was curious about Liberty Mutual. When I had to submit claim they got an adjuster out to review my case within 24 hours and had a check issued within 48 hours of the initial claim. The policy that I had purchased was just right for me. It covered all of my belongings and was not too expensive... nor did it increase after I submitted a claim. I was pretty satisfied with my coverage. While I did not get the full price of all of the things I owned and lost, I still got the majority of its value.

Liberty Mutual is polite and helpful to all its customers. Getting help is very easier. Questions are happily answered for any of your concerns. I would definitely recommend it everyone who is looking for a easier way out. My claims process was very easy to go through. I had little to no problems at all compared with the other companies. I would definitely stick with Liberty Mutual for further contact and help. The policy options are great. They are convenient for customers. I personally had no problems with their policy options. They give a wide range to consumers which is very appealing to us. The coverage option is the best out of everything. They make sure you get a good coverage for your money. Basically you get your money's worth with regretting any decisions. I would recommend.

The customer service for Liberty Mutual is amazing! They don't put you on hold. They treat you with respect and are really nice to you. I think a lot of people should get it. They will love it as much as me and I have only had them for 2 years and they are good. Not the best but really good. Like most of the world could choose them. They gave me a new car and house when my car got totaled and my house got hit by a tornado and was gone in 5 minutes so they gave me a new car and house for FREE.

I would not recommend this company to anyone at all. The customer service reps are very rude and not professional at all. They don't care about what you are trying to say either. When you have a claim to file, it is so hard to do. They make it very difficult to understand and they do that on purpose. I would dread dealing with them every time I had to file a claim. The policy options are very good also. They offer a wide variety of options and it's very affordable. They have plans for every price and the best ones are really not that expensive. The coverage is very good too. They cover all the options that come with the plan and it covers more than most do. They cover an areawide population and cater to all people of all ages.

I requested a quote with a savings of $422.00. Their quote was $5,070.00 for 1 yr. I pay 1,669.20 a yr. I don't see any savings as that is an $3,400.80 difference. I see no savings and also false advertising. (TALK ABOUT A SCAM) (What happened to the $422.00 savings).

Four days ago I went onto their online site for a free quote on renters' insurance. The quote was way over my current costs so I didn't even finish the application. Since then I've received voluminous emails and telephone sales calls from both Liberty Mutual and OTHER insurance companies. I am now being truly harassed. Apparently they SOLD my information and now I may even have to change a telephone number that I've had for about ten years. Again, my phone rings constantly, etc. Spare yourself what I'm going through and STAY AWAY from quote on their online site!!!

In short, my home was robbed by thug friends of my son. All were identified by one of the boys who was seen in my apartment. After many weeks and ever changing stories by **, your scab investigator spoke to the officer for Roswell who claimed ** now says he was told they could go to my house and take anything they want. Really, this is what your investigator claimed is his reason for not paying my claim. He said he was seen at my house that day. He does live with me. He said he profited by the theft which was never proven in any form.

Your pathetic investigator ** spoke to me, my son, my agent, and the officer via phone call. His conclusion was the lie of the actual thief who said "he told me I could." I most certainly will do all I can to spread your bad name and my painful, costly experience to every avenue I can. Perhaps a 25,000.00 dollar loss to you will bring justice to me and others you have thrown to the side.

I have been with Liberty Mutual for almost 2 years. To my surprise, I was just checking my bank statement and found almost 3 transactions from Liberty Mutual in one month. After further investigating and wasting couple hours of time, I realized that my agent took the Liberty in his own hands to open a renter policy on my previous address and a life term policy with my fake signatures. Just file a complaint with Liberty. Lets see. FURIOUS....

I currently have renter's insurance as well as auto insurance with Liberty Mutual. At my home, about 5 weeks ago, we had a burglary take place. Roughly $13,000 worth of items were taken. This has never happened to us before. Dealing with Liberty Mutual is worse than dealing with the actual burglary. They lack response to your emails/phone calls. They are rude on the phone and in emails. They will not tell you how long the process "may take". They treat you like the criminal.You hear that a lot when reading stories of bad insurance companies, but believe me, when I say they treat you like the criminal, they do! They send special investigators from the company out to "interview you"; however, I call it interrogating.

The special investigator is very much lacking in people skills. This gentleman was an elderly man, who made it a point to state he is a retired detective with the police department. Yet, now that he works for an insurance company, he needs to realize he isn't a "detective" anymore and not everyone is a criminal! We have never felt more victimized twice, once by the crooks who broke into our home, and 2nd, by Liberty Mutual. I have spoken to 3 agents with Liberty Mutual. Each time, they tell me "we will not give you any information until the investigation is over". They tell me if I have any questions, to speak with the investigator on the "case"..I emailed him a very cordial email. see copy below:

"Dear Mr. ***,
Thank you so much for returning my phone call this evening and keeping me informed. If you have any idea on how much longer the research will take, I would greatly appreciate that. I thoroughly understand there is a process in which the claim takes. However, after tomorrow, it will be a month since the break in and we are anxious to replace lost items as soon as feasible. ***, is a type 1 diabetic and used the "leg massager" nightly for the circulation in his lower extremities and that is certainly something we are wanting to replace soon.. If you could give me an idea of how much longer the process may take, we would greatly appreciate it. If there is any further information you may need as well, please let me know and I can do my best to accommodate.

Thanks again."

I received a reply that was very short and not personable or professional. As always the investigator does not respond with a Dear *****, or anything pleasant, no sympathy, is not empathic, simply one dimensional.

His response was simply this:"As I advised you I cannot give you a date, only that the claim still is under investigation."

I never asked for a "date", only a rough estimate on how long something like this takes. These people will not fill you in. It's the 5th week now and I'm no better at understanding where I am versus the day our house was broken into.

Stay away from this company. They are not nice, not friendly, not professional and will treat you like the crook versus the victim.

Expert Review

Matthew BrodskyInsurance Contributing Editor

Matthew Brodsky is an established expert on insurance, having written hundreds of articles and other pieces of content on the subject, interviewed countless practitioners, and attended dozens of conferences and events. He served as an editor at industry magazine Risk & Insurance for six years.    More about Matthew→

Liberty Mutual is one of the oldest insurance companies in America, founded in 1912. Liberty Mutual covers renters in all 50 states.

• Free online quote: The company's website offers and easy to use form to obtain an immediate quote.
  • Local agents: Liberty Mutual offers a website search tool to find a local agent for in-person service.
  • Renters insurance calculator: This free online tool will help calculate the value of belongings. Many renters undervalue their possessions and this tool helps to clarify how much coverage would be ideal.
  • Claims-free savings: Liberty Mutual offers a discount to policyholders who have not made a claim, even with their previous insurance company, in the past five years.
  • Spanish language site: The Liberty Mutual website is available in Spanish and Spanish-speaking customer service representatives are also available.
  • Best for Renters with personal property, renters with high risk and renters who sublet.

Compare Renters Insurance