Esurance Renters Insurance

Compare Renters Insurance

Research top Renters Insurance recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Customer service is fine with this company because I have had only called maybe two times and the person I spoke with was very very helpful. I have never had a claim processed so I am assuming it would be fine if I did because customer service is fine with this company and issue free. Policy options are not so good because I wish I would not be forced to have to do auto withdrawal as my payment option as I really do not like doing auto withdrawal. Coverage is fine since I really feel like having renters insurance is a waste of time since I have never filed a claim but keep paying for it every month.

My customer service experience with Esurance was a delightful one. They helped me every step of the way in finding the coverage I needed within my budget. The claims processing department was a huge help. They walked me through my claim step by step without hassle which made my experience delightful. The policy options were not as wide ranging as I expected them to be at first but there was still enough options for me to pick out one that suited me. Esurance coverage options are the bee's knees. There's so many different options to choose from that it can be a little overwhelming but in the end it helps.

They are really nice and help you when you need it and answers all your question. They are there when you need them anytime anything that happens. They have a good claims process. I haven't had a problem with them at all. I really like their policy. It is a good one. I think they have a lot of options I think that are good in a lot of ways. They have a lot of different coverage. I have a good one. I don't have a lot of them that were good - I pay a little not a lot.

Satisfied and very good service. Can provide whatever the customer wants. The voice I hear is clear and loud. No statics on phone. Good personality and advisable. Good security. Be good sometimes. Don't be judgmental. Even they're customer service they need to respect them and give them a respect. We must know the quality before quantity of each other. Know how to recognize others. Can be not good sometimes but overall it's good and know how to communicate with others. Specifically in the one who needs. Coverage of all it's satisfied. Because you know they have good policy, a security, a good communicator and cashier. They are all pleasant and beautiful.

Someone lived in my apartment previously and they need their information. How can I provide that info. They wanted to cancel my insurance policy if I cannot provide. It's funny. I switched to another insurance company. There are many insurance companies out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Esurance Renters Insurance?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Thanksgiving weekend 2014: I am from FL, I rented a car in NC. While merging onto the highway the man behind me sped up to block me from merging. The rental car I was driving had some very faint marks behind the rear tire. The man's headlight was broken. I report the claim to Esurance. I receive an email a couple of days later stating that my claim representative was **, and that if she hadn't reached out to me yet, I should call her. So I call her. That was a HUGE mistake. The woman so very rude, stating that it was a auto email, and that she was busy with a lot of other claims. She didn't have time to deal with my claim. After a few minutes of berating from ** I asked to speak with her supervisor. She said he wasn't available and hung up on me. I called back and she ignored my call. So I called the Atlanta claims dept where she works and asked for her supervisor. He was a very nice man who did her job for her.

May 2015: I get my renewal paperwork from Esurance. I haven't heard a single word about my claim since my phone call in November. My 6 month premium went from $560 up to $880. I couldn't believe it. For a fender bump that wasn't my fault? I reach out to my claim representative and ask what is going on, and that according to their website my claim was closed in Feb. Why wasn't I notified? She replies that they paid the other guy $900 for a broken headlight, and they closed the claim while they wait for a bill from Avis. Avis has already informed me they wouldn't be getting the car fixed, so why are we waiting for bill? Why would they close a claim if it isn't finished?

This makes no sense, so if you ever get into an accident you never know if they will reopen the claim. This accident was so small with very little damage is apparently going on 6 months to resolve. I'd be scared to know how long it takes to resolve a real accident. I'm extremely disappointed that my claims rep, **, couldn't be bothered to actually do her job and fight for me, they paid the guy at fault $900 for a broken headlight that he probably won't get fixed. His car was covered in damage all the way around. I'll be switching to Progressive.

Called Esurance to get a renter's quote for my 80yr old mother. Rep transferred me to "agent" who then started asking me questions until I figured out - no warm-transfer, so no-clue why I was calling. Started over saying, just want a quote for my mom's apartment. He said, "Esurance does not have renters. We are their sister agency." Then as we got closer to quote, I hear him filling out form of yet another 3rd party. I stopped and said this is fraud/not trust worthy and I was transferred from 1 company to another without my knowledge. My State Farm agent provided me a basic quote in 3mins... I said mom's new apt address is xyz and presto. Where is our Government to limit the "trickery"?

After seeing the commercials for Esurance, I decided to get a quote when my Allstate (yes, their parent company) was up. The quote online was significantly less that what I am currently paying. I thought this was odd so I contacted customer service via phone. After taking all of my information, setting up the policy & payment schedule, I checked my email to print out our new insurance cards. To my surprise, the rate on the email was over $250 more than the agreed to rate with the agent. I contacted Customer Service immediately to find out where the discrepancy was.

I was told that since I wanted to pay monthly rather than all at once, I was being charged a "fee" for this service though the agent stated that the "fee" would be $5 per month. How $5 per month equates to more that $250 is beyond me & clearly beyond customer service as well because they could not explain it. Thank goodness the policy was not set to start for another couple of days because to cancel would cost 10% of the policy premium. The customer service rep attempted to transfer me to the "Cancellation dept." to see if they could do anything about the premium. But because I technically didn't have a policy (remember it doesn't start for 4 days), they wouldn't even speak with me. I have been assured that I have denied the quote/policy & that it will cancel at 12:01 on the policy beginning date but after that bait & switch fiasco, I really don't see that happening.

Did I mention I was crazy enough to set up a renter's policy with them as well? That premium has already been deducted from my checking account. I was told by Esurance that there is no cancellation fee on that one but they cannot cancel it. I have to call Assurance to cancel. They are closed for the evening. We'll see how that goes in the morning.

Do not do business with Esurance. If you cannot trust them to give you an accurate quote, are you going to trust them to insure your belongings? If you do, make sure the quote they give you is the amount you agree to pay per month and not a one time payment, because they will not tell you till it's too late.

Expert Review

Matthew BrodskyInsurance Contributing Editor

Matthew Brodsky is an established expert on insurance, having written hundreds of articles and other pieces of content on the subject, interviewed countless practitioners, and attended dozens of conferences and events. He served as an editor at industry magazine Risk & Insurance for six years.    More about Matthew→

Esurance is an Allstate company founded as a purely online insurance company. The company presents itself as a modern alternative to traditional insurance companies with an integrated online and mobile experience and state-of-the-art technology.

• Mobile app: Esurance's mobile app is available for iOS and Android. Customers can view ID cards, make payments and file claims from the app.
  • Convenient payment options: Debit and credit cards are accepted and, depending on the policy, customers may be able to pay using PayPal. Also, installment payments can be made in addition to full payment options, which may include a discount.
  • Nationwide coverage: Esurance offers policies in all 50 states; however, some states are covered through Esurance's partner program.
  • Renters plus discount: Customers of Esurance's auto products can add a renters policy and receive a discount for a multi-policy account.
  • Easy claims process: Claims can be filed and tracked by phone, and Esurance also provides an online 24/7 claims site with the ability to contact a dedicated claims representative.
  • Best for Renters with personal property, renters with high risk, renters who sublet, and renters looking for an online experience.

Compare Renters Insurance