3.43/5

14 Esurance Renters Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

This is a horrible company and the adjusters do not communicate with you. I have been dealing with a claim for months and I have not gotten a phone call or response from my adjuster after I was assigned a new one. I have provided all documentation including a police report and I am still not receiving the service I pay for. I reached out to a supervisor who assured me that a call would be returned and it’s been months. Still no callback after leaving message including emails. I am extremely disappointed and left to replace my own items after a break and not to mention I’m a new mother.

Original review: April 12, 2017

Customer service was always friendly and helpful when I had questions or needed something and I could call Esurance at any hours when I was in need. The claims process was OK, but could have been better. It seemed like the process was longer and more difficult than it should have been. Nevertheless, I was happy with the coverage and felt like if something were to happen, I had coverage that was going to take care of me and my family.

Get expert buying tips about Renters Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 29, 2017

Esurance seemed to have a good selection of a variety of options pertaining to insurance. Setup was easy. We Did most of it online. I did need to make one phone call but that went pretty smoothly. I think it will cover any theft, fire damage or flood damage. That about covers everything that I think that I may run into as far as insurance is concerned.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

It was a very unique and relevant to use customer service and I would really go for it again. I would not hesitate to tell friends and family about it at all. When it comes to claiming for anything at all, we all have to be patient. I did not wait for an unreasonable amount of time to claim back like I normally would have had to with some of the other companies. As we all want the best out of our insurance companies, I can say is that they have strict policies that are also flexible for their customers and I found them quite fair. I did indeed get the best out of my insurance, I was comfortable with my coverage and I was always at ease unlike when I knew I was not covered at all. In the end I was happy with what I was paying for.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

I had a great customer service experience. They answered all my questions and showed their expertise on the subject. They helped me get the best deals with great quality of service and experience. I wish they had more options but I was able to find one that suited my needs. They did provide me with a lot of information and help with making my decision and explained to me differences in them. I was happy with the coverage that I received. I believe that it was fair for the price I was paying and benefits that I was receiving. I enjoyed the customer service as the best part. They were always happy to help any way they could.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Esurance Renters Insurance?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

Everyone there was very nice and helpful when it came to all the questions I had about the policy that was right for me and my needs, and I already knew they were good from references. I never had to file a claim with them. Hopefully my luck will continue and I never will have to file anything with them. There were several different policies I could choose from which is important because I wasn't exactly sure what everything involving Renters Insurance entailed. The coverage seems like it's good but I am not sure I really need it but I know as soon as I cancel it something will happen so I'll keep it for now.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

Customer service is fine with this company because I have had only called maybe two times and the person I spoke with was very very helpful. I have never had a claim processed so I am assuming it would be fine if I did because customer service is fine with this company and issue free. Policy options are not so good because I wish I would not be forced to have to do auto withdrawal as my payment option as I really do not like doing auto withdrawal. Coverage is fine since I really feel like having renters insurance is a waste of time since I have never filed a claim but keep paying for it every month.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

My customer service experience with Esurance was a delightful one. They helped me every step of the way in finding the coverage I needed within my budget. The claims processing department was a huge help. They walked me through my claim step by step without hassle which made my experience delightful. The policy options were not as wide ranging as I expected them to be at first but there was still enough options for me to pick out one that suited me. Esurance coverage options are the bee's knees. There's so many different options to choose from that it can be a little overwhelming but in the end it helps.

Original review: June 11, 2016

They are really nice and help you when you need it and answers all your question. They are there when you need them anytime anything that happens. They have a good claims process. I haven't had a problem with them at all. I really like their policy. It is a good one. I think they have a lot of options I think that are good in a lot of ways. They have a lot of different coverage. I have a good one. I don't have a lot of them that were good - I pay a little not a lot.

Original review: March 9, 2016

Satisfied and very good service. Can provide whatever the customer wants. The voice I hear is clear and loud. No statics on phone. Good personality and advisable. Good security. Be good sometimes. Don't be judgmental. Even they're customer service they need to respect them and give them a respect. We must know the quality before quantity of each other. Know how to recognize others. Can be not good sometimes but overall it's good and know how to communicate with others. Specifically in the one who needs. Coverage of all it's satisfied. Because you know they have good policy, a security, a good communicator and cashier. They are all pleasant and beautiful.

Esurance Renters Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Esurance is an Allstate company founded as a purely online insurance company. The company presents itself as a modern alternative to traditional insurance companies with an integrated online and mobile experience and state-of-the-art technology.

• Mobile app: Esurance's mobile app is available for iOS and Android. Customers can view ID cards, make payments and file claims from the app.

• Convenient payment options: Debit and credit cards are accepted and, depending on the policy, customers may be able to pay using PayPal. Also, installment payments can be made in addition to full payment options, which may include a discount.

• Nationwide coverage: Esurance offers policies in all 50 states; however, some states are covered through Esurance's partner program.

• Renters plus discount: Customers of Esurance's auto products can add a renters policy and receive a discount for a multi-policy account.

• Easy claims process: Claims can be filed and tracked by phone, and Esurance also provides an online 24/7 claims site with the ability to contact a dedicated claims representative.

• Best for: Renters with personal property, renters with high risk, renters who sublet, and renters looking for an online experience.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky