2. Moving
  3. Renters Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.04/5

Liberty Mutual Renters Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Mutual Renters Insurance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Mutual Renters Insurance?

Original review: May 28, 2016

The customer service for Liberty Mutual is amazing! They don't put you on hold. They treat you with respect and are really nice to you. I think a lot of people should get it. They will love it as much as me and I have only had them for 2 years and they are good. Not the best but really good. Like most of the world could choose them. They gave me a new car and house when my car got totaled and my house got hit by a tornado and was gone in 5 minutes so they gave me a new car and house for FREE.

Original review: March 9, 2016

I would not recommend this company to anyone at all. The customer service reps are very rude and not professional at all. They don't care about what you are trying to say either. When you have a claim to file, it is so hard to do. They make it very difficult to understand and they do that on purpose. I would dread dealing with them every time I had to file a claim. The policy options are very good also. They offer a wide variety of options and it's very affordable. They have plans for every price and the best ones are really not that expensive. The coverage is very good too. They cover all the options that come with the plan and it covers more than most do. They cover an areawide population and cater to all people of all ages.

Original review: July 10, 2015

I requested a quote with a savings of $422.00. Their quote was $5,070.00 for 1 yr. I pay 1,669.20 a yr. I don't see any savings as that is an $3,400.80 difference. I see no savings and also false advertising. (TALK ABOUT A SCAM) (What happened to the $422.00 savings).

Original review: April 30, 2015

Four days ago I went onto their online site for a free quote on renters' insurance. The quote was way over my current costs so I didn't even finish the application. Since then I've received voluminous emails and telephone sales calls from both Liberty Mutual and OTHER insurance companies. I am now being truly harassed. Apparently they SOLD my information and now I may even have to change a telephone number that I've had for about ten years. Again, my phone rings constantly, etc. Spare yourself what I'm going through and STAY AWAY from quote on their online site!!!

Original review: April 10, 2015

In short, my home was robbed by thug friends of my son. All were identified by one of the boys who was seen in my apartment. After many weeks and ever changing stories by **, your scab investigator spoke to the officer for Roswell who claimed ** now says he was told they could go to my house and take anything they want. Really, this is what your investigator claimed is his reason for not paying my claim. He said he was seen at my house that day. He does live with me. He said he profited by the theft which was never proven in any form.

Your pathetic investigator ** spoke to me, my son, my agent, and the officer via phone call. His conclusion was the lie of the actual thief who said "he told me I could." I most certainly will do all I can to spread your bad name and my painful, costly experience to every avenue I can. Perhaps a 25,000.00 dollar loss to you will bring justice to me and others you have thrown to the side.

Original review: March 3, 2015

I have been with Liberty Mutual for almost 2 years. To my surprise, I was just checking my bank statement and found almost 3 transactions from Liberty Mutual in one month. After further investigating and wasting couple hours of time, I realized that my agent took the Liberty in his own hands to open a renter policy on my previous address and a life term policy with my fake signatures. Just file a complaint with Liberty. Lets see. FURIOUS....

Original review: June 8, 2010

I currently have renter's insurance as well as auto insurance with Liberty Mutual. At my home, about 5 weeks ago, we had a burglary take place. Roughly $13,000 worth of items were taken. This has never happened to us before. Dealing with Liberty Mutual is worse than dealing with the actual burglary. They lack response to your emails/phone calls. They are rude on the phone and in emails. They will not tell you how long the process "may take". They treat you like the criminal.You hear that a lot when reading stories of bad insurance companies, but believe me, when I say they treat you like the criminal, they do! They send special investigators from the company out to "interview you"; however, I call it interrogating.

The special investigator is very much lacking in people skills. This gentleman was an elderly man, who made it a point to state he is a retired detective with the police department. Yet, now that he works for an insurance company, he needs to realize he isn't a "detective" anymore and not everyone is a criminal! We have never felt more victimized twice, once by the crooks who broke into our home, and 2nd, by Liberty Mutual. I have spoken to 3 agents with Liberty Mutual. Each time, they tell me "we will not give you any information until the investigation is over". They tell me if I have any questions, to speak with the investigator on the "case"..I emailed him a very cordial email. see copy below:

"Dear Mr. ***,
    Thank you so much for returning my phone call this evening and keeping me informed. If you have any idea on how much longer the research will take, I would greatly appreciate that. I thoroughly understand there is a process in which the claim takes. However, after tomorrow, it will be a month since the break in and we are anxious to replace lost items as soon as feasible. ***, is a type 1 diabetic and used the "leg massager" nightly for the circulation in his lower extremities and that is certainly something we are wanting to replace soon.. If you could give me an idea of how much longer the process may take, we would greatly appreciate it. If there is any further information you may need as well, please let me know and I can do my best to accommodate.

Thanks again."

I received a reply that was very short and not personable or professional. As always the investigator does not respond with a Dear *****, or anything pleasant, no sympathy, is not empathic, simply one dimensional.

His response was simply this:"As I advised you I cannot give you a date, only that the claim still is under investigation."

I never asked for a "date", only a rough estimate on how long something like this takes. These people will not fill you in. It's the 5th week now and I'm no better at understanding where I am versus the day our house was broken into.

Stay away from this company. They are not nice, not friendly, not professional and will treat you like the crook versus the victim.

Liberty Mutual Renters Insurance Company Information