Liberty Mutual Life Insurance

Compare Life Insurance

Research top Life Insurance recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I have copies of a policy, they said it does not exist. The Hewitt customer service say it is not in the system because it lapsed. They sent me a letter of the lapsed policy, however, I never received that letter. I said that never happened, then they said I had to retire from Liberty to qualify for the policy. I received a retirement policy from the Federal government when I left them, so I am not believing them. They will not allow me to have this policy, and I am retired. I just want what I'd rightfully mine, I worked hard for my retirement.

I don't like being lied to. Increased payments. Rude. Take out automatic payments. And take out 2 payments instead so my balance in the negative. Had them for almost 1 year and there will not be a 2 year.

Liberty Mutual is the life insurance company I am with. They offered great policy options, explained them thoroughly and helped me find something that fit my needs and my budget. The staff was very personable and I was comfortable talking with them about what I was looking for. I appreciated the help they gave me and ability to answer all my questions.

Always available to help in any situation I have. I believe I am getting the best insurance possible and certainly feel that we get a reasonable rate on all our insurance needs.

Our family has been insured by Liberty Mutual for years. We have both Auto and Life insurance policies. The representatives are always very helpful and the rates are great. When I had an auto accident a few years back they were very efficient making sure that everything was okay and let me know that if I needed anything to just give them a call. That was a great relief to know that they were genuinely concerned about me and my family, and the process went without a hitch. Thanks Liberty for being there for me and my family.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Mutual Life?

I really don't have any experience. I got the insurance through my credit union years ago and all I do is pay them through my checking account every month and every year they send me my new insurance cards and my new renewal information. Every now and then I may add a car or take one off but that's about it. Any accidents I've been involved in I was always hit in the rear of the car so I was never at fault and the other drivers' insurance had to fix my car.

Liberty Mutual also carries my life insurance and homeowners along with my auto, they have done so for the last 15 years on all cars and homes I have owned and have provided nothing but great service and I would highly recommend them to anyone.

We have not had to use this company so I cannot comment on much but I do know that we didn't have to have any physical exams or fill out excessive paperwork to be approved for the insurance. The cost is reasonable.

The insurance is suffice to provide final expenses at a cost I can budget. I have had this coverage for over 5 years and have had no billing or service problems with the company.

My life insurance company is purchased by myself through my weekly paychecks with my employer. I'm not sure how to respond to this, as I have not had to use this insurance. I feel quite comfortable with my employer's choice of companies to choose for their insurance. My insurance is Blue Cross Blue Shield. I know from working as a Certified Pharmacy Technician that BCBS has been around for an extensive period of time. I have not heard any negative comments regarding our life insurance company. As a woman working as a CPhT for several years, I have had the opportunity to work with many insurance companies on a daily basis. I would recommend BCBS to anyone, as I have not had any negativity on my own behalf. Thank You.

They are really good and knowledgeable. They have been very helpful in answering any questions or issues I may have had. Also their call center is fantastic as is the website for any problems you may have.

They are very caring and they understand that sometimes you have an emergency and can't pay your premium and they will work with you to make sure your insurance doesn't lapse. They are also excellent with handling insurance claims.

Don't necessarily understand products available or which is best for me at 58 years old. Only want a little insurance -- $25,000-$100,000. Want final burial and a little to let wife throw a party.

I would recommend this insurance to others. I think that it is great for the money I pay for. It will cover all the expenses that need to be paid. There was no physicals to go through before getting this insurance. It covers both my wife and me. The application process was short and to the point. This insurance has a great reputation and is well known throughout the country.

I have term life. YOU are buying just protection so there is nothing complicated. I have a fixed price for 20 years -- approximately $85 monthly for $200,000 in life insurance. The policy still has about 7 years left. After that I have an automatic renewal option but of course I will be a lot older so the price will be out of my range. At that point I will no longer need that much coverage as the mortgage will be paid. If I don't make it, my wife will at least have enough to live comfortable as her social security is not very much monthly.

I hit a deer last year and they promptly got me a rental and let me extend it out until the car was finished and the repair was excellent. No hassles or questions and no rate change.

They have fair rates, and I feel like they care about me and my well-being. They've always been there for me. And the older I get the smaller my Bill becomes. And they guarantee my rate never increases even if I have a new illness or am hurt.

Liberty Mutual, they have been extremely helpful in keeping our premiums low. When I provide lower quotes they match it. They give us suggestions on how to keep our premium cost down such as defensive driving courses and umbrella policies. They have great customer service. Always willing to answer a question. Easy to sign up, make changes. Easy to use website and portal to make changes and check information when I am able especially as I work and am not available during business hours.

I have been with Liberty Mutual insurance co. for more than 40 years. I never had a problem when I had a claim in which they took care of the problem with ease. I have Liberty Mutual for my auto as well as my house insurance and would recommend them to anybody. Whenever I had a claim {not too many} they handled it with no problems.

Expert Review

Neal FrankleLife Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.    More about Neal→

Liberty Mutual provides Life, Home and Auto insurance that help meet the needs of individuals, families and businesses. Since 1912, Liberty Mutual has developed a corporate culture that treats its customers like people and strives to deliver excellent customer service.

• Free quotes: Liberty Mutual provides free quotes when customers call or go online.
  • Term life and permanent life insurance: Liberty Mutual offers both term life insurance and permanent life insurance.
  • Tool for retirement: Liberty Mutual also offers a fixed deferred annuity that can help customers save for retirement.
  • Side-by-side comparisons: Liberty Mutual provides side-by-side comparisons of their life insurance products on their website; this way potential customers can find the right product to fit their needs.
  • Online service forms: Life insurance policyholders can easily access many service forms (such as Payment Authorization forms and Beneficiary Change forms) directly on the Liberty Mutual website.
  • Life stages: The Liberty Mutual website has a section that not only lists different life stages, but includes ways in which life insurance can be a benefit during those larger moments in life.

Compare Life Insurance Companies