Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates
  2. Finance
  3. Life Insurance

Liberty Mutual Life Insurance

Liberty Mutual Life Insurance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.30/5

Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates

Liberty Mutual Life Insurance Reviews

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

A representative with LM called on me. It was over a year since I requested information by a mail-in postcard I rec'd in the mail in an envelope which lead me to believe it was associated with social security. The rep was at my home for almost 6 hours! I could not get him to leave! He made me feel increasingly guilty when I asked him to leave the info and I would look it over and let him know. He arrived just before supper time. I am an insulin diabetic and after such a long sales pitch I truly believe I was not thinking straight as I hadn't eaten since lunch.

I finally signed up for it as he promised that I could cancel at any time and I would get back EVERY DOLLAR I PUT INTO IT. Yah, well, I can no longer afford the monthly premium and have read/heard bad things about LM when it's time to pay out. I called to cancel my policy and they told me I only get back about 1/5th of what I paid, even under a hardship withdrawal. I am a disabled senior citizen and cannot afford to lose all that money. What a rip off!!

Original review: April 9, 2019

Liberty Mutual, April 9, 2019. Addressing Kia Sportage bought on March 26, 2016. Insurance cancelation on February 13, 2017. Julie canceled Laurelle ** car 2 months after the policy ended and the money was not refunded. The money was put on a Home Policy for the car instead of the Sportage. This was why you canceled the payment schedule and it was wrong. It has been since Feb. 23rd since I had the wreck which resulted in Hospital and Car damages not counting the personal damage it caused to my credit for not being able to perform duties as usual. I am writing you as I owe the bill to Cris at ** just for the parts and labor not including the damage to the front of the car and door. I really feel that you should help with this due to the facts.

1. I called in the claim and got a claim number.
    2. I also called back and they said I was covered at customer service.

3. I had a car policy I overpaid and paid February and two payments on the older car that went supposedly the new car.

I did acknowledge you paid the girl on the other end to get a new car plus the damage on hospital which she did not go to the hospital at the time of the wreck on the Rio. She also came down the one-way end at Vestavia Parkway by the police report drawing. Also you only paid my car off with Gap in which I had on both cars at the time of the wreck. The problem is investigation. No one but me went to Milos to see what happened and they see wrecks all the time at this intersection. My daughter was a new driver. It has damaged her capability to know that this was not correct. Sure she ran a light to avoid a more terrible situation because the girl was coming down the one-way street and was heading toward her and not stopping and looking down. The police report never gave my daughter a ticket. This is the problem. Our insurance is now unaffordable for both of us.

You have created two problems or three because you changed my policy from the 26th to the 13th because of this wreck. My car papers say the 26th. This was the first of record car. If anything adding her policy to mine should have changed hers to the 26th not mine to the 13th. I called to cancel hers on the 13th and therefore they canceled both at the same time and let me pay two extra payments through to March when I canceled the home policy. They put credit to the home policy from the Rio and not on my policy because I would have had a credit. Instead they paid the home policy the full amount. I am asking you pay the claim plus I feel I have lost thousands in the process of waiting to get my car out and it still is not completely fixed.

I am aware you let Kia and myself know you would not pay another claim. I am aware you changed my date. I am aware the third time I called they could not even find my claim. But they put it back after I did complain and tell them they could not erase it. This is a very trying time for me to recover from the damages you have caused my family not only me.

I feel you should pay this claim, you owe Cris and my Brother who helped me through this and I need my car completely replaced or fixed due to Gap. You are not ethical if you do not see the problem. You will not be in business if I go to more extreme on this and you must know I do care about the 1500 people that complained on my Facebook page about your service and not paying claims. This is not right. You must answer what you will consider doing in my case or I will take it further. This is not fun, this is not a game and I am fed up with asking you to pay the hospital and the claim. Twelve to fourteen payments were paid in 2018.

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Because I had a life insurance policy with LM, I thought to lower my increasing auto insurance with another company by switching to them. This is a lesson in NOT believing advertising. The first rep took my info and set up a policy; when I went to check on it and make the first payment, they had the policy completely wrong. The 2nd rep. supposedly changed the policy but could not send the corrected one for me to sign.

So I called another rep who put me through to policy services. This rep was patient and seemed very competent. She discovered that the incorrect policy, if correctly written, would require a nearly $900 deposit. I cancelled any further business with them on this issue. Wouldn't you know that they CHARGED THE POLICY PREMIUM ANYWAY, caused an overdraft for my policy and my existing insurance, and have yet to refund the money, even though they said it would take 3-5 days. It's been 7. When I called on the 7th day, they said it would take another 6 days! Assuredly, I am cancelling my life insurance because I HAVE NO FAITH THAT THEY WILL EVEN PAY A CLAIM. RUN!! DON'T BELIEVE THEIR HYPE.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

This company is a joke. Someone named Elizabeth case manager don't use her. She shortens your checks. I'm entitled to use this STD first time in 14 years and she messes up every other check making up some excuse. Class action suit needed!!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

After my husband died Liberty refused to pay me his spouse because their headquarters were in Illinois not Texas. Texas is a common law state, my spouse and I were common law for 7 yrs and Liberty refused to follow our state law where we lived and from the state we paid for their insurance. Instead they gave insurance to my father in law who bought a new car. And myself and my children were left with debts, mortgage, broken sewer lines and the death of our husband, father and sole provider. We paid 250 a month for what? No insurance nor 401k that my husband paid so his wife And kids could be taken care of. We lost our home, car, everything in the home just trying to pay for everything. They go and gave it to father in law that we saw 1hr a year on Christmas because they say they don't honor Texas state law of common law marriages.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Mutual Life?

Original review: May 9, 2016

I have copies of a policy, they said it does not exist. The Hewitt customer service say it is not in the system because it lapsed. They sent me a letter of the lapsed policy, however, I never received that letter. I said that never happened, then they said I had to retire from Liberty to qualify for the policy. I received a retirement policy from the Federal government when I left them, so I am not believing them. They will not allow me to have this policy, and I am retired. I just want what I'd rightfully mine, I worked hard for my retirement.

Original review: March 15, 2016

I don't like being lied to. Increased payments. Rude. Take out automatic payments. And take out 2 payments instead so my balance in the negative. Had them for almost 1 year and there will not be a 2 year.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2016

Liberty Mutual is the life insurance company I am with. They offered great policy options, explained them thoroughly and helped me find something that fit my needs and my budget. The staff was very personable and I was comfortable talking with them about what I was looking for. I appreciated the help they gave me and ability to answer all my questions.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2016

Always available to help in any situation I have. I believe I am getting the best insurance possible and certainly feel that we get a reasonable rate on all our insurance needs.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2016

Our family has been insured by Liberty Mutual for years. We have both Auto and Life insurance policies. The representatives are always very helpful and the rates are great. When I had an auto accident a few years back they were very efficient making sure that everything was okay and let me know that if I needed anything to just give them a call. That was a great relief to know that they were genuinely concerned about me and my family, and the process went without a hitch. Thanks Liberty for being there for me and my family.

Liberty Mutual Life expert review by Neal Frankle

Liberty Mutual provides Life, Home and Auto insurance that help meet the needs of individuals, families and businesses. Since 1912, Liberty Mutual has developed a corporate culture that treats its customers like people and strives to deliver excellent customer service.

• Free quotes: Liberty Mutual provides free quotes when customers call or visit their website.

• Term life and permanent life insurance: Liberty Mutual offers both term life insurance and permanent life insurance.

• Tool for retirement: Liberty Mutual also offers a fixed deferred annuity that can help customers save for retirement.

• Side-by-side comparisons: Liberty Mutual provides side-by-side comparisons of their life insurance products on their website; this way, potential customers can find the right product to fit their needs.

• Online service forms: Life insurance policyholders can easily access many service forms — such as Payment Authorization forms and Beneficiary Change forms — directly on the Liberty Mutual website.

• Life stages: The Liberty Mutual website has a section that not only lists different life stages, but includes ways in which life insurance can be a benefit during those larger moments in life.

by Neal Frankle Life Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.

Liberty Mutual Life Insurance Company Information