Get peace of mind

Need to know more about health insurance? Shop providers on our guide.

Check health plans
Humana RightSource RX
1.24/5

Humana RightSource RX

Get peace of mind

Need to know more about health insurance? Shop providers on our guide.

Check health plans

Humana RightSource RX Reviews

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

Terrible service. One hand dosen't know what the other one is doing. More excuses eery time you call. 72 hours they tell you before they receive your prescription electronically. Then I send them the poa because I am taking care of my mother and they say that be 10 to 12 days before they will receive it. I faxed it over, pony Express would be faster. Now 10 to 12 days before I will receive it. All together it will be 4 weeks waiting for a prescription and I am not sure I will see it then. Worse mail in pharmaceutical company I have ever dealt with.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

My physician sent a prescription to Humana 10 days ago. They acknowledge receiving it, but have yet to process it. When I called, the service representative was unable to tell me when the medication would be shipped. Occasionally I receive refills I haven't orders so that I have a stockpile of some meds, but others, it's like pulling teeth to get them to fill the order. I'm retired and free pharmacy insurance is a retirement benefit for which I am grateful. But, if they aren't going to fill prescriptions, I'm not sure when "free" becomes a burden.

Get expert buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

As a doctor who prescribes, this pharmacy is TERRIBLE. They always seem to not have any of my prescriptions on file despite sending them multiple ways. They should get sued, this is terrible for patient safety!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I'm a Medicare recipient on a Humana HMO Medicare Advantage Health Plan. For that reason, I use the Humana Pharmacy because I get a $50 monthly credit to OTC items. HOWEVER... Of course they overprice the items, so I'm not really getting $50 worth of things. And the selection is limited to Humana's choice of the cheapest products they can find, for which they charge a premium amount. How does $8 for a generic tube of toothpaste sound?

But my big complaint is that they are getting sloppier all the time. Many times I have had them "cancel" my OTC order without telling me because they ran out of the item. If I don't check,I lose the $50 because they don't carry over the amount, even if they failed to fill the order. So now I order early in the month and check if my items don't arrive by mid-month. But now the prescription services are getting just as bad. I ordered one of my daily prescriptions last week. I just checked on the status, and not only is there no trace of the order, but now there is no trace of the prescription or past orders of this prescription!

I called Humana, and after trying to find an excuse, they admitted "something happened". Their solution is that I should pay them an additional $6.99 for rush delivery since they lost my prescription and my order. If I don't get my prescription in time, the doctor is close enough that I can go to his office, get him to write out another, and take it to a reliable pharmacy. Humana Pharmacy is NOT that. Fortunately, this prescription is one I can easily get on short notice from anyone. But if you have a critical medication that you can NOT be without, you'd better get it from someone else.

Original review: July 31, 2019

After researching on the Humana website that a drug I was prescribed was available at a local pharmacy for $400 brand name or $15 generic my MD called in for the generic. The pharmacy called me to check my Humana insurance info and then told me I wasn't eligible for the generic despite what the website said. With my plan I could obtain only the brand name.

At their recommendation I called Humana to try to get a dispensation but was told I could get the generic of a similar drug at the same Giant for about $15. So my MD called in for that generic and was told by Giant that they don't carry it - only the brand name - for $300. Total wasted telephone time >1 hr. Total prescriptions - none. Find yourself another prescription plan and another pharmacy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Humana?

Original review: July 19, 2019

I switched from CVS to Humana's on-line pharmacy. What a huge mistake. They constantly claimed my doctor wasn't responding - my doctor claims he was. They would cancel orders without notification. They had my doctor's fax number wrong on numerous occasions. When I asked to escalate a call I was told "management" or "leadership" would get back to me - they never did. Avoid Humana's on-line pharmacy like the plague!

Original review: July 17, 2019

I am fed up with joke of a company. Not one agent can think of provide answers to your questions independently. Six agents, six different sets of scripted apologies and very different answers to my questions. Paying $17 for expedited shipping should not take ten or twelve days from the time it is ordered. I too have had to talk to someone whose English is a second language. I guess they have a call center in Jabip, Every single detail of my experience is infuriating.

I suppose most customers know when it is time to refill prescriptions. It should not be this difficult. Something is definitely shady at Humana.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Humana is on the top worst drug providers to use for your prescription needs. My family Doctor has told me to stay away from Humana and Aetna. She said these are by far the worst two drug Pharmacies. I have had major problems. I pay over $80.00 a month for Humana Part D drug coverage. On two prescriptions I take, I can pay significantly less by using GoodRx. So, I am paying this $80 a month for their drug plan and I am getting zero (0) prescriptions from them. They are a complete rip-off. You want to talk about an industry needing regulation by the government. This is the epitome of an example of why government regulation is needed. That they get away with raping people of their money and in reality offering a customer zero (0) benefits is criminal.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I need a bushel of the most ROTTEN, STINKY ONIONS to give to Humana Mail Order Pharmacy!!! I am FURIOUS with Humana Mail Order Pharmacy!!! I paid for a Rx on 6/29/2019 which was $10. I kept watching my bank account for processing of the payment. On 7/1/2019 I went to order OTC items and it said I had a balance due and my order could be delayed because of my balance due. I called Humana Pharmacy and apparently the person who took my payment on 6/29 didn’t process it properly. So I paid again, for the 2nd time on 7/1/2019. This time the guy entered $100 instead of $10 (I checked my online banking while I had the rep on the phone) and advised him there is a error…. he said he’d call by 5pm ET to follow up and he didn’t.

I called Humana Pharmacy back and they gave me a runaround about they have to do this and that crap. I let them know their service is POOR and UNACCEPTABLE and I want my money back in my account by 10 AM tomorrow (7/2/2019) or I would dispute the transaction as I did NOT authorize $100, but only the $10 that I owed. This money is all I have to last me for 2 1/2 weeks.????

Original review: June 28, 2019

Every time I have prescriptions sent to Humana pharmacy, it takes forever to get them!!! Processing???? Really!?! You must be making the damn pills!!! No sense of urgency! Not enough help? Hire more people! Inept help? Get new people! This is not hard! Please try harder!

Humana RightSource RX Company Information