Get peace of mind

Need to know more about health insurance? Shop providers on our guide.

Check health plans

Humana RightSource RX

Humana RightSource RX
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.24/5

Get peace of mind

Need to know more about health insurance? Shop providers on our guide.

Check health plans

Humana RightSource RX Reviews

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

2 weeks ago Dr sent in Rx's by fax. Called yesterday to see why they have not arrived. Someone from a foreign Call center says they are filled just sitting on a shelf and says they will be shipped out same day as call. Next day still not shipped. My last refill of meds was 12/24, I am out of meds tomorrow. First and probably last time attempting med through this place. Why would they sit on a shelf? Credit card was billed 2 weeks ago.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I pay Humana each month for drug coverage. I just ordered a drug that is costing me $36.50 for a 90 day supply. I looked online and found a mail order drug company that sells the same drug and quantity for $25 for the same quantity for this drug! Seems to me like a ripoff!

Get expert buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I was paying 26 60 a year for My Humana Part D. I was never notified of an increase. Did not receive an annual notice of renewal or changes and now I'm paying 56 60 a month after open enrollment closed. I was told that the plan I was on they discontinued. I was never notified even though it says in writing on their formulary they must notify you of any changes. There should be exceptions when you're not notified so that you can enroll in a different plan even though open enrollment is closed.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I have been paying $27.80 for prescription insurance and in January they charged me $58.60. When I called them they couldn’t tell me why except that my policy was changed. I had no notice of increase or that my policy was being changed. They told me that they were getting a lot of complaints. It’s very concerning that they would wait until after open enrollment to do this without any notice. This must be illegal. Now we are stuck paying this much higher price until next open enrollment. Think I will call the state of Texas and file a complaint. Going after them.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Agreed to pay $435 for 57 day supply of insulin and instead they sent me a 30 day supply for $425, that is deceptive practice and failure to abide by written contract that they provided. Went to try to get the rest of the insulin I paid for but only got a run around, getting passed from one agent to the next with zero results, just more BS. Stay away from this scam.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Humana?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

My rate for Humana prescriptions has been $27.80 for years. The plan increased to $58.60 without notice. We have two policies. This is a $61.60 total monthly increase. When I called to inquire, I was told they no longer offer the previous plan and I was moved to this new more expensive plan. This appears to be a way to double premiums. This price increase is unacceptable. I will not renew.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I called in a prescription that I need to live, they told me they expedited it. I called two days later. The lady told me I would receive my meds tomorrow. When I didn’t receive them I got lies after lies on why I didn’t have them. Lies from the computer system failed (huge error when you have my life medication to live) to I didn’t expedite it to, "we won’t transfer the prescription to your local pharmacy." I was told I couldn’t speak to a supervisor and one would call me back. I guess the supervisor will call me back when I get my medication as in NEVER. Long story short (after 3 days on the phone with them for 6 hours) if you value your life go to another pharmacy. This one doesn’t care about your life.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

In November (19th) Humana received prescriptions to be filled. After answering Emails from Humana to "approve prescription" and contacting Humana Pharmacy by telephone several times (5x) and had authorized for them to receive payment via credit card, still no medication. Last week they were going to expedite the order without a charge to expedite the shipping. This week (Thursday) they said the order was "in process" and that they would expedite it, however, I would have to pay for the expedited shipping....REALLY???? It was finally agreed that I would not have to pay for them expediting the order being shipped.

Called today and got the status of "in process" answer. Requested to speak with a Supervisor that advised she was sorry that we were having a problem with the order. She suggested that if our Doctors Office was open, to see if he would give samples or write a prescription to a local Pharmacy until I could receive my order with them (Which means I would have to pay for another co-pay). The Supervisor said that she would contact me Monday morning to let me know the status of the order (Hopefully still not "in process").

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

Terrible service. One hand dosen't know what the other one is doing. More excuses eery time you call. 72 hours they tell you before they receive your prescription electronically. Then I send them the poa because I am taking care of my mother and they say that be 10 to 12 days before they will receive it. I faxed it over, pony Express would be faster. Now 10 to 12 days before I will receive it. All together it will be 4 weeks waiting for a prescription and I am not sure I will see it then. Worse mail in pharmaceutical company I have ever dealt with.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

My physician sent a prescription to Humana 10 days ago. They acknowledge receiving it, but have yet to process it. When I called, the service representative was unable to tell me when the medication would be shipped. Occasionally I receive refills I haven't orders so that I have a stockpile of some meds, but others, it's like pulling teeth to get them to fill the order. I'm retired and free pharmacy insurance is a retirement benefit for which I am grateful. But, if they aren't going to fill prescriptions, I'm not sure when "free" becomes a burden.

Humana RightSource RX Company Information