Humana RightSource RX

Compare Health Insurance Companies

Research top Health Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Please save yourself numerous headaches! They claim a prescription is covered, then deny it. They deny a prescription your Doctor ordered because they disagree with the dosage. Apparently they believe they are in a better position to make that kind of decision. Absolutely every dealing we have had with them has been a problem, without exception. We have only been with them for six months and we are switching plans, but also know we will be dealing with 2016 issues LONG into 2017. Extremely disappointed and frustrated customer!

Do your homework, do your homework! I had a fast talking agent give me this big spill on how wonderful this ins was; and yes, their drug plan would cover all of my scripts. That was a joke! Silly me enrolled right on the phone, then started checking into whether certain of my drugs were covered...especially **. Guess what? No way did they cover this drug unless I took the generic brand; which I'm allergic to! They didn't care. There one or two drugs they don't cover. And now, I've tried to dis-enroll; they said they'd do that but so far I'm still in their system! Now, I've been spending the past week trying to get back with my former insurance co through TRS. Folks, please do your homework first!!!

I have been using Humana mail order pharmacy for many years now, with good results. There have been a few glitches that were easily solved with a phone call. I am thinking about signing my husband up as I get better service than he does with a different insurance.

My wife and I are vacationing out of state in Washington and our vehicle broke down delaying our return to our home state by one week. Since my wife will run out of a very cheap blood pressure medication in several days we called Humana and asked them to send us seven (7) extra pills that we were even willing to pay for. After being on the phone for over three (3) hours we were told that our doctor would have to call in a new prescription for these pills. Yesterday, our doctor immediately called in the new prescription at the telephone number provided by our Humana representative. Today Humana still refused to send us the medication and had the audacity to state that our doctor merely called in to check on the status of the expired prescription.

I finally told a Humana supervisor, named Frank, that my wife can have a stroke or even die without her blood pressure medication and asked them if they cared in the least. The only reply I received from Humana was that, contrary to reality, the doctor did not call in a new prescription. Later today our doctor called in the same prescription for the second time and I was told that the order was being filled. Quite frankly, I'll believe it only if I see it delivered. There must be a better mail order pharmacy than Humana. Certainly there are none worse!!!

My wife logged on to the Humana Pharmacy website to place order for four meds, two of which needed new scripts. The two meds with refills remaining shipped out right away... After more than a week of waiting, she logged on to the website to check progress on the two meds needing new scrips. The orders were marked as cancelled. We did not get any notification from Humana about the cancellations. There is no info on the site regarding why the orders were cancelled. There is no way to contact them via email, which is the only way to reliably record the progress of any complaint or request. I tried entering the orders; same result... orders cancelled. Tomorrow I will have to try contacting them by phone, not something I'm to which I am looking forward. Humana Pharmacy really should:

1. Have a customer service email address so that questions/problems/requests can be recorded.
2. Send notifications to customers immediately when problems arise.

3. Add a section to the website with info on the nature of any problems that arise.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Humana?

I previously used RightSource mail order pharmacy but discontinued service due to their abusing my credit card. When I first signed up for the service, I was told I could charge up to $30.00 a month in prescriptions. I paid my bill every month, and it never even reached $30.00. On one prescription I needed right away, I got a call (automated, of course) and they told me I needed to pay for it before it would be shipped. Not knowing what the problem was I gave them my credit card number, but it was just for that time. After that they started slapping charges on it every time I ordered a med. When they dipped into my grocery money that did it. I stopped using them and transferred my scripts to a local pharmacy.

Now a year later I am getting calls from them, every day, two and three times a day, and they're always automated calls. I called and finally reached an associate and told her that I was having problems with harassing calls, but she of course couldn't help me, and put me on hold and LEFT ME THERE. I guess I will have to change my phone number just because of them now.

This is by far the worst company my husband & I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with! The first 6 mounts we had this plan we were happy with it and then I don't know what happened! We went on a 2c week vacation and out of 5 prescriptions... 2 were expired. We called and they assured us they would call the Dr on the 2 and then forward all 5 to where we were going.

We received the 2 expired ones but not the other 3!! After an hour on the phone with them they said they canceled the other 3 because the Dr never responded. Bull! This has been going on since the end of June. This is the 15th of August and still no meds!! My husband is on heart meds and he's diabetic... (takes pills)... they just don't care if you die. We have called them so many times... they assure you that they are taking care of it... tell you it'll be 7 -10 days... medicine NEVER comes. You call back and there is no order even pending. Their big excuse is always "the doctor never responded." Doctors office has shown us all of the faxes where they did respond! I am so sick of this company!!

I called Humana on July 29, 2016 because my payment was due before July 31. I don't get my Social Security check until the 3rd of the month and asked if I could make my payment of $41.10 then. The Representative assured me there would be no problem. I called on the 31st to make my payment and was informed that I was terminated. I spoke with the supervisor and she submitted a request for reinstatement and that was denied. I received 2 calls on August 5th and 1 call yesterday the 8th. I have the least expensive phone with Metro because I try to save where ever I can. I didn't get the messages until later in the evening. When I called with the Reference number I was given I was told that because I didn't answer their phone calls I was denied.

In other words, Humana is slapping my hand because I didn't answer their phone call when they demanded. I kept asking the representative what I should do now since I am in Renal Failure and it was the same blah blah story. She even put me on hold (I assume to shut me up). I asked if she could give me other companies to go to that would care if I lived or died. I guess I could take responsibility for some of the problem but the fact that they felt shunned on because I wasn't at their beckoned call (actually I was in dialysis when they called and if anyone knows it's not nice sitting in a chair with needles in your arm). The name Humana has the word HUMAN in it. There's nothing human about them for me right now.

Humana RX Plan could not be worse! They don't pay most of the time, but when they do, they send you inferior medicines made in weird countries with inferior ingredients. They claim they are the same as those sold in other pharmacies, but do not believe them. They also block your ability to get your medicines in another pharmacy by claiming they already filled your prescription. Surly customer service by barely literates does not help.

On July 22, 2016 I called Humana to process a refill on my wife's prescription for ** that was on file and had one refill. The order was placed by customer service agent J.R.. Then on July 25, 2016 I called to check the order status. I have had problems in the past with Humana not processing my refills properly. At this time I was told that I had no order in the system and that my order that I placed on July 22 was cancelled. The customer service agent could not tell me who cancelled the order or why the order was cancelled. I told the agent that my wife was going to run out of her current supply of ** in 3 days. She placed the order again and agreed to pay for 2 day delivery.

I received an email from Humana saying that my order was in process on July 26, 2016. I called to determine what that actually indicated about the status of my order. At this point I was told that there was no credit card attached to the order and was waiting for a credit card. I reminded the agent that my credit card was on file with Humana. Somehow their system doesn't connect the two pieces of information, the order pending and a credit card on file.

Then the agent called the pharmacy to push the order through the system. He told me that he would call me on July 17 with an update as to when the order would should. He did call me on July 28 only after he was given permission by his supervisor that it was ok to call me. He told me the shipment would arrive the next day on July 28. It is now 6:00 pm on July 28 and there is no delivery. What I did receive was an email saying that my order had been shipped and it would take 3-5 days to be received.

Humana never showed any concern that my wife might die without receiving her ** on time. They did not offer any alternative solutions like having me pickup 1 vial of ** at my local pharmacy. I solved the problem by going to my wife's doctor and explaining the situation. The nurse said let me check our refrigerator and gave us 3 ** pens each with 100 ml of **.

Now you draw your own conclusion based on the facts I have presented if Humana acted professionally, ethically with compassion and understanding the life threatening implications of the situation. As for me, I will never ever use Humana 90 day mail order pharmacy again. I will also not choose Humana for her health insurance either.

Took me off plan in error!!!!! When I went to another state for 4 months they terminated me when I told them this was a one time stay!!! I said my primary and permanent address was NYC and not to change records and they did!! They caused me a not well person a lot of time and stress coupled with aggravation. How dumb can one be when I told them 10x.

We have one choice for an advantage plan in Benton County, WA. Humana. I could probably have gotten a different RX company, however having just retired, little did I know about the price of insulin being outrageously high through Humana. I have to say that my other meds are reasonable. I have also encountered problems with mail orders that I make online. It seems whenever I do go online even to check on prescriptions to print out or double check something. Drugs are put on order and I only find out when I get a call from a computer letting me know I need to contact them. If I don't contact them they send the drug anyway.

I have sent a copy of my receipts and my Insulin. To be fair, when I have asked my pharmacist or called Humana, I usually have asked them what the lowest price is for my insulin... they assume that I am using my existing insurance. But if they know there are other programs or pharmacies that are 4 or 5 times cheaper they should let me know. By the way the same drug and many others are $15, even with premixed pens. However, I found out that the discount card through the manufacturer... Nordisk, if you are covered under any federal program (in my case Medicare), I am out of luck. So what good is Medicare for diabetics, the most expensive of chronic illnesses? Why do manufacturers charge such an extreme cost difference? $15 compared to $128 and more if uninsured or not having paid all out of pocket expenses for insurance.

I've attempted repeatedly without success over a period 45 days to get Humana Prescription Department to send forms to take steps for out-of-pockets expenses of overpayment of my deductible. So far Humana Pharmacy has provided excuses after excuses. I have sit through long phone waits trying to solve this problem; and still unclear to me why someone hasn't provided me with any information about being reimburse of overpayment. When I call, the customer service people are pleasant and professional, their explanation is unsatisfying. I have been on the phone with them for an hour and they just transferred and put on hold AGAIN.

I was told that I will receive forms to fill out to return to the pharmacy department (for an refund overpayment), that it will take 5-7 business days. Now after a month later, the forms hasn't been delivered, problem still unsolved. Humana acknowledgement of a refund is due back to me. How can this problem be solve with no forms help from customer service? Can someone from Humana Customer Service Please HELP ME.

Humana billed me for drug coverage w/o my request for their insurance and has now threatened sending "past due" premium billing to collections. Medicare had been informed as well as Humana that I do not use nor need drugs or their insurance.

I have only been with Humana mail-order pharmacy for 5 months but during this time I have had 4 orders cancelled. It has been a nightmare trying to straighten this mess out and the time and effort has consumed hours of my time. Each customer care, pharmacy technician and pharmacist can't be bothered to read the file and so I get conflicting (and incorrect) information each time I call.

The last pharmacist I talked to told me flat-out that I had been misled when they were soliciting my enrollment in their Medicare Part D program - and that the medication that they told me that I would have no problems getting via their mail order service actually was "reviewed on a case-by-case basis and that there is no guarantee that they will fill the order even if prescribed by my doctor". The first time I dealt with the problem, I got my medication 3 weeks late. This time it's been over a month and I'm still out of medication.

I am very disabled and it is very difficult for me to get to a retail pharmacy enrolled in their network. The costs of my medications keeps changing as they change from tier to tier without any reason, and some drugs have been dropped completely (and no other related drugs are covered by Humana). When this company was RightSource, customer care was reasonably good and I always got my medications after ordering them. After it was purchased by Humana, it seems that they go out of their way to irritate customers and interfere with the doctor-patient relationship.

Had I known when I signed up what I know now about how they operate, I would have never, ever signed up. Now it is mid-year and I am stuck until next January to choose another Part D provider. Someone - Medicare, CMS, American Board of Pharmacy, BBB or some other agency needs to help us deal with this company. I'd love to have an attorney contact me about this issue.

Poor excuse for a pharmacy. Have repeatedly told them to not contact us by phone. They stop for a week or 2 and then start again. Dr called in renewal of prescription, Humana said it was in process, then they said it needed a new prescription. Had to contact Dr again and have them do it all over again.

I had a new prescription from my Dr. that I had filled at Walmart. The price was $43.40 after Humana paid. I thought that seemed high but I needed it and paid the Walmart price. When I got home I looked the drug up on the Humana app on my tablet. It showed that it should have been $5.00. When I contacted Humana customer "no service" I was told that the Walmart price was right and that I must have put the wrong drug in. I offered to take a screenshot of the page and was told that they couldn't accept it and that they couldn't access their own app to look at it. What a load of BS! It's not the money as much as it is the principal which Humana seems to be a pretty unprincipled company. Will not renew my policy at the next open enrollment period.

I have recently been diagnosed with Diabetes - I got my original glucose testing kit from Walgreens using my insurance and I received everything I need to test my glucose. I need more lancets so my doctor submitted a prescription to Humana Pharmacy and I was denied saying I don't have coverage and they can't find my account - let it be known I've been insured by Humana for over 10 years and have consistently used their mail order pharmacy. After being transferred three times and on hold 2x, I was told I didn't have the benefit - how can that be? I pay $420/month for my supplement, over $100/month for Part B, and nearly $50/Part D - how can I not be covered for lancets? This makes no sense at all.

After charging me $500.00 and knowing I could get this med at Walmart for $8.00 I asked for a refund. They said they don't do refunds. That way I have to keep using their RightSource ripoff service. They are the same as lawyers and car salesmen. They only help till they get your money. Insurance like Humana would sell insurance to a dead person. I feel for people that have to have a job work for this company. All they proved with all the phone calls is they could care less about you as long as they get your money.

My wife takes 60 mg of Atorvastatin per day. The company ONLY makes 20, 40 and 80 mg tablets. So, our doctor tries (every year) to order 135 forty mg tablets. Every year they reject it, and force our doctor and his staff to go through ridiculous paperwork to get an "exception". Obviously, we could order 90 tablets of 80mg and throw away one-quarter of each tablet. but of course, that would entail our doctor putting in a strength he did not prescribe. When will Human get it through their heads that it is not our doctor's fault that the manufacturer does not make 60 mg tablets? This is why health costs are so high, in part, because of all the unnecessary paperwork and delays that our very good doctor has to go through. I don't know how Humana even stays in business. They truly STINK! In addition, my wife risks running out of her medicine, since this process takes so long. If I could give 0 star to Humana, I would.

Humana is the WORST insurance company. At the first of the year, one of my diabetic med was over $1000 a month. The other two diabetic med was over $500. I called customer service staff. I filed a grievance to have a tier exception for all three medicines. After a lot of calls, one staff member thought Lantus and Humalog was one insulin. I asked her if they receive any training in medicines. She said she didn't and she was not at the level to receive the training. FINALLY I got the three medicine approved for the lower tier. While fighting with Humana, I had no medicine. So I got an infection in my heel which is a diabetic wound. Had to have surgery removing the back of my heel, and now on the way to healing.

Now I am in the coverage gap, my three meds is over $1000 a month. I called and finally talked to a supervisor and she wrote a grievance for me. After numerous other calls to Humana, I was told by a supervisor when you are in the coverage gap, you can't file a grievance or anything. If you want the medicine, you will pay the prices!! The bottom line with my medical condition, if I have no diabetic meds, my sugar will run high, will get another infection in my heel and will lose my leg. Humana does not care about my health. While being on hold, they have a message saying that they want to be the customer's partner in living healthy. Hey right! Today I told a supervisor about the above information and said it is more like they want to be partner in death. All of us needs to get together and file a lawsuit.

Was billed for an rx that I didn't want. Even though I said to not send me any prescriptions without prior authorization they do it anyway. Then you call and sit on hold forever and ever... then if you are lucky after pushing buttons for options endlessly they disconnect you.

I have the silver plan and have been paying the monthly premiums every month like clockwork, and now that I am sick they are giving me the runaround and denying my medication claiming it is not covered under my plan. The medication out of pocket is $832. I am filing with all agencies to let them know of these unethical practices.

I have always gone to the regular pharmacy to pick up my daughter's prescription. Well on March 25th I went to pick it up as usual and I was told it was going to be 100.00. I was confused due to the fact I had picked it up for free twice before. I called Humana where they informed me I had to get it refilled by RightSource in order for it to be free. So I went through the process as requested.

It is now 2 week later and they told me that no one processed my daughter's prescription request. I am having to go through the whole process all over again. So if they process it today it will take another 7-10 days to come in. That is one month until my daughter gets her medicine. Then they told me that they can't ship overnight. They don't really care that my daughter cannot get her medicine. They don't want to do anything to help me get her medicine quickly. IT IS DISGUSTING THAT WE ARE BEING FORCED TO USE HUMANA'S PHARMACY TO FILL OUR PRESCRIPTIONS.

This company is the biggest joke I have ever come across. Medicare automatically enrolled me into their prescription drug program and you have to jump thru a bunch of hoops and send in a letter just to cancel your account. They are meanwhile charging you for it!

My agent suggested that I go with the Humana medicine plan for the upcoming year 2016. What a mistake. I checked the plan to see if they covered my prescription for Arthritis. It was in black and white that it did so I decided to go with them. The first prescription was filled and I was charged a $60.00 copayment for the generic. When I went to get it refilled, they denied the coverage. I called them and was told that they could deny any medicine that they wished to. I explained to them that they covered it the month before but they still denied it even with a prior approval from my Dr. This has got to be a breach of contract on their part as they promised to cover it when I signed up with them. Please stay away from this company. No one who works there knows what is going on. Now I have no choice but to keep them until the next open enrollment period.

I phoned Humana to order my usual mail order prescription refills. Delivery time is 7-10 days. After 16 days I received nothing, heard nothing, so phoned Humana a 2nd time. The Humana rep I spoke w/ told me it was "At the post office" and gave me a 34 DIGIT tracking #. He didn't know much else though, which P.O. it was at or when it had been sent, but assured me I would receive it "tomorrow." I went online & there was no such tracking #. I phoned the PO who said there was "nothing in the system" under that #.

I called Humana now a 3rd time. Did I mention every time you call Humana, you are put through an INTERROGATION PROCESS including having to provide your SS# to the stranger on the other end of the line if you don't have your Humana # memorized or card handy? I didn't trust talking to another rep. since the last one gave me bogus information, so I asked to speak to a Supervisor. She ignored my request, so it took about 20 min. & 1/2 dozen more demands to speak w/ a Supervisor before the rep finally got a Supervisor on the line.

The Supervisor admitted Humana had screwed up NOT ONCE, BUT TWICE as BOTH TIMES my order was placed was it NEVER SENT OUT. Once is a mistake, twice is a crime when a patient is left without meds which could bring on a stroke or heart attack! They either have some real morons working there, or they are using the drugs they are supposed to be mailing out to patients!

I wrote about the frustration my wife went through trying to get a prescription filled at the right price. They kept shuffling her to others and eventually told her it's under review. We are talking about a $2500 prescription and they wanted to charge her the same for a refill now. This time I called and reached Kristen, told her to be sure to record the conversation, told her about my wife's frustration previously and so on. We were on the phone for over an hour, during which time she kept trying to make numerous attempts at computer entries, always coming up with wrong answers, not showing the correct plan discounts. Each time she had to confer with someone else, but kept me informed and checked back with me every two minutes.

Finally turned out they did not have one of my plans entered, or misplaced, which took another 20 minutes of background work, again checking back with me every two minutes. Kristen was fantastic, stuck with me until resolved. The company as a whole - forget it. They keep calling again and again to remind about a refill, but when you have a problem - just hope you get Kristen.

When I changed to Humana I was promised 90 day prescriptions on tier 1 and 2 at 0 co pay. Now they fill tier 1 ok, o co pay. Then they say they are out of a tier 2 diabetes drug and need to pay $47 to get locally. Same pill was tier 1 at blue cross???

I have had over two years of experience with RightSource and now Humana Pharmacy. It is by far the worst experience I have ever encountered with customer service and website. I ask for things that do not happen. I am shipped things I do not order. Prescriptions take weeks to fill and ship. My doctor sends information that is not received or acted upon.

Humana RightSource RX Company Profile