1.26/5
Based on 395 reviews that contain star ratings

399 Humana RightSource RX Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I ordered a prescription more than two weeks ago and had been checking its progress. During the process, it said it would take about two weeks. It was at the pharmacist level and I received an email that they needed and had requested more info from the doctor. This is a prescription I have been taking for almost a year for Barret's Esophagus. This morning I looked it up again and the prescription order has been canceled. I received no further information. No phone call, no email. I thought it was in the mail until I just pulled up the order to find it canceled. I was trying to do mail order because I didn't want to stand in line for an hour at the Walmart pharmacy and I would supposedly save 2 extra copays. I was out of the medicine when I ordered it and now I find I have to start over. Now I have to call to find out what was wrong but of course, they aren't open yet. Beyond upset. My insurance agent talked me into this policy and I can't change until January.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Four and one half hours on the phone to convince Humana that when an eye surgeon schedules cataract surgery a week apart and writes two separate prescriptions, both of which state “no refills” and specifically states right eye and left eye respectively means I have two eyes and the two separate sets of eye drops are required so as not to cross contaminate. Nope, Humana did not put two no refill Rxs in their system, they put only one Rx in their system with a refill in three weeks. What happened to the second prescription? Did Human violate the law by deliberately changing the Doctor’s orders? Does anyone know if I can register a complaint with the FDA? The weird part was that when I tried to explain to the agent who denied the second Rx for my other eye he seemed confused and replied “Huh”.

Get expert buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 5, 2018

They tell you your drugs are in the mail and (three times) they weren't. They "accidentally disenrolled" me without notice to me meanwhile claiming my scripts are in the mail and they billed me every month for the premium. They explained that the premium billing is separate from the prescription filling and they have no control over whether I get my scripts or not, they just want my premiums. Getting my prescriptions is between me and the mail order system they contract with. How is that??? When the scripts did not arrive as they promised, I was informed they could not find me in the system because I had been dis-enrolled!!! How? By whom? For what reason? They were getting my money from my SS Check, they had no reason for it and knew not who in their system did it.

At that point, they could not re enroll me without preventing me from getting my meds. When they disenrolled me they wiped out all info on all my doctor order prescriptions and I had to contact each doctor's office to relay what happened and ask them again to send in the scripts. But before I could do that, I was required to find a local pharmacy and pay for all my prescriptions I needed that were covered for free with their mail order plan because they explained once the doctor called them with the same prescription again, it would take more than 10 days to review and process and I needed these scripts before then. Of course I did. That is why I called in for a refill three weeks ago and their reply was it was approved and would be mailed right away.

So now, instead of free scripts I pay premiums to get, I have to call my doc again, call a local pharmacy and pay out of pocket due to their errors. They are always so sorry and "more than happy" to correct their errors. Once they quoted me a price for a script. I agreed, then they charged my card double. That is fraud. When I complained and asked for a supervisor she said it was a mistake and they undid the charge, but don't trust them for anything. I don't. They wanted $550.00 for a script I ended up getting for $12. How in the world can Medicare approve of these types of scams???

Original review: May 14, 2018

I have been without my medically necessary prescriptions for three weeks. I made sure to have my prescriptions refilled 2 weeks before they were due, so that I would not have a lapse in taking them. At 5 days late, I called Humana to ask where the prescriptions were, and was told they were in process. At 2 weeks I called, and I was told that the prescriptions were in process. At three weeks, I have called 4 times to urgently get my refilled prescriptions, and each person has told me that the prescriptions were in urgent status to be sent and would arrive no later than today.

Today, there are no prescriptions here. Because they have already used my refill quota for the month, I cannot fill the prescription for the month. My doctor and I have spoken, and we will not use Humana pharmacy again, my doctor will call them into a walk in pharmacy but I will have to pay out of pocket to purchase urgent need for prescriptions at walk in clinic now, for this month. Because this is close to $1000 in out of pocket expenses, I am not able to purchase the prescriptions myself. I have asked to speak with a supervisor at Humana and have not received a callback. I am reporting all of this as a well versed RN with 30 years of work experience. Imagine a non-medical patient trying to maneuver such a broken system. Humana should be held accountable. It jeopardizes patients' health and perhaps their life.

Original review: April 5, 2018

On at least 6 different times, 3 in the last 3 weeks they have withdrawn money from my account without my permission. Most recently $194.00 which caused a roller coaster of returned checks and $32.00 fees for each. They never contacted me in any way to tell me they were withdrawing or what the amount was??? Plus they don't reimburse returned check fee even though it was their fault. I do not allow automatic withdrawal and spoken with Humana more than once about this including today. I just withdrew all my prescriptions from them today. I don't trust them anymore. I live on Social Security and those bounce fees are my food and expense money!!! I just withdraw all my prescriptions from them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Humana?

Original review: April 3, 2018

I tried to have Humana Pharmacy "call away" 2 of my prescriptions from a "discount" pharmacy near my home in Florida. The young lady I spoke with informed me that "the pharmacy who presently had the script." Had to call Humana and request that Humana Pharmacy "accept" the script from them! I am 87 years and split our year between Pennsylvania and Florida. This means that I have had to transfer prescriptions twice a year. I have never called the "old pharmacy" to request that they call the "new pharmacy" and request permission to "transfer the script". It has always been the reverse! As I felt this was a silly request, I called Humana and asked that they contact my Pennsylvania Doctor and get NEW scripts from him. They apparently repeatedly tried to reach him, without success. (Also without alerting me.)

After waiting a period of time (WEEKS) I contacted Humana to find out what had happened to the drugs as I was out! They informed me that, since my doctor did not return the calls, they had consider the matter closed. (Without bothering to notify me!). At that point, I was so annoyed that I went back to COSTCO and had the prescriptions filled the next day! Today, a few weeks later, I received 2 of the originally requested medications, by mail, from HUMANA, without explanation, along with separate letter dated March 29, 2018, also from HUMANA indicating that the same medications (that I just received) could not be sent because "PRESCRIBER CLARIFICATION NEEDED: MISSING INFORMATION".

As I use these two MEDS on a regular basis, I can just hold on to the now duplicates until the ones I procured locally are exhausted. I am writing to explain why I cannot entrust my future Pharmacy Needs to Humana Pharmacy, Had I not resorted to my local Pharmacy, I would have been without these meds for several weeks! In future should you ever have this sort of problem, I would appreciate a timely phone message or e-mail, so I can avoid being without needed medication!

Hope this is of some help.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I have been outside the US for several months and have run out of my normal prescriptions. I would like to have them waiting for me when I get home, instead of having to wait a week or more or having some other problem (which this company is prone to have). However, I cannot access their website outside the country. Why is this? I have no trouble with all other websites that I use to take care of business, pay bills, etc. in the US. Only Humana says "Access Denied - You don't have permission to access "http://www.humana.com/logon" on this server. Reference # **."

Original review: March 8, 2018

They will not send drugs until they hound you for days about verifying they are for you! Even after you log in just to return their unneeded call! They will repeat, repeat useless info even after having already having given it to them. NON-essential phone wasting time. If you're on vacation when they want to "Verify" this or that, you're out of luck for that prescription. Essentially a harassment call! Spend the extra time and expense and go to Walmart!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Humana does not know I was with them for many years, they lose records left and right, they sent me a letter wanting me to prove that I had part D coverage or pay a large penalty. It was them taking money each month from my SS account. I have kept the records. They have not. They want to penalize me for not being covered? They were supposed to be covering me, they were paid too, but I think they did not know. What a company, very mismanaged.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

This company is absolutely useless. I have had NO prescriptions, WRONG prescriptions, INCORRECT dose prescriptions. For ONE medication I have been on hold for 15 minutes. DO NOT USE THEM. Go to Walmart.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I recently reordered 3 prescriptions from Humana. I ordered on a Friday. On Monday I received an email saying my prescriptions had shipped and I would get them in 3-5 days. They sent a USPS tracking number. Each day since Tuesday, I checked the USPS tracking. Every day (Tuesday through Friday) it couldn't give me a delivery date, saying it was in "pre shipment". I called USPS and they said they received the pre-shipment notice but had NOT yet received the shipment from Humana, so the 3-5 day delivery was impossible.

In the meantime, I have run out of one of the medications and had to call my doctor directly to send a prescription to a local pharmacy. I called Humana and told them the post office hadn't received the shipment. The customer service woman said there was nothing wrong and I should have my prescriptions tomorrow (Saturday) or Monday and if not, I should call them again. After over an hour with 5 different people who could not help me, why would I call back again. I should just find another provider.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Worst website ever!!! They send me daily emails telling me that some prescriptions are ready for refill, but when I try to access the site to order refills, it is always overloaded and says to "try later". VERY ANNOYING!!! The only time you can get through is very late at night or very early morning.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Dissatisfaction and disgust, was told by phone this plan was better and cheaper than my WellCare, which I liked except from being informed by WellCare that my pharmacy of choice was no longer theirs, so I supposed incorrectly that a plan named Walmart Humana would be more to my liking, filling my first prescription was charged 1.00, and informed I could only get 30 days, which under WellCare was 90 days and zero dollars. Highly irate I pulled car over and looked at Humana card and proceeded to call 800 number on it to complain-using both numbers. I unbelievably go an advertising recording on how to get discounted car towing and gift cards for other businesses for a small fee, you believe this?

Then I searched Internet for another Humana number, after doing the programmed choices got operator that kept saying it was "only a dollar" which highly disgusted me, so what will my other "only a dollars" add up to. After some more very apologetic words I asked for someone else to talk to for more satisfaction. Was transferred, after being on hold for 15 more minutes I hung up. I cannot believe I am gonna be stuck with something I truly hate for 11 more months. Would do almost anything to change. Any suggestions.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I just got a prescription for 30 ea of 100 mg ** cash price $13.42. I had the pharmacist run it on my Humana RX plan and he said the price was OVER $40! I have a $450 deductible so Humana triple charges to cover the low premium I pay of $20 per month. I am very unsatisfied with this company. But I haven't needed meds yet so maybe I won't need this bad drug plan... Hope...

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Too bad I didn’t read these reviews before I signed up. I had Humana Walmart Part D last year and was very satisfied with Walmart pharmacy. During the current signup period I learned I could save time and money by keeping the plan but using Humana Pharmacy instead. During my 1st week as their customer I have concluded my only sane choice is to go back to Walmart. Absolutely every one of my 12 contacts except for initial enrollment has been a disaster. There is no coordination between departments, their website is a joke, their customer service reps are untrained, I have been given different prices 3 times, disconnected, etc. These lapses make me extremely pessimistic about the probability that their purchasing department and pharmacists are any more qualified.

Will I receive the proper medication? Doubtful. My initial order consisted of 7 medications. They were supposed to contact 3 of my doctors. 5 working days passed and none of the docs were contacted. After many calls they are processing 4 prescriptions although their email to me states 5. As for the remaining prescriptions, customer service had no record of them. However, they appear on the enrollment department’s system. One hand doesn’t know what the other is doing which is very dangerous for a company which dispenses lifesaving drugs. I didn’t learn until today that there are no automatic refills. That would not ordinarily bother me but just thinking about repeating this exercise quarterly is enough to cancel my account. Stay far, far away.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Went to Humana starting in 2007, use RightSource and that it’s all Humana. Had a problem when I first started with them constantly calling but after taking myself off their calling list I’ve never had a problem.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

** is a narrow therapeutic index medication where fluctuations in exact dosages can be fatal to the consumer. Humana mail order pharmacy will not stock or order a specific generic manufacturer's product with a doctor's prescription order. Humana cannot tell you which generic manufacturer that they current have in stock for any of their ** dosages. Small variances may be acceptable in manufacturing but can be harmful if not fatal for people who must maintain a therapeutic medication range. This therapeutic range can be difficult to achieve initially but once a series of stable PT/INR tests have been achieved, then it is imperative to stay with this medication regimen.

Humana would not respond to letters that I written to their CEO and to their Chief Medical Officer. Humana would rather put their consumers at a grave health risk than to do the right thing. Needless to say, Humana Medicare Rx PDP will not be a plan of choice for myself or my spouse. I have also alerted friends and family to their abusive practices.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I have been using Humana mail order pharmacy for more than eight years and they have never let me down. When I need a refill they always call and ask me if I would like to refill my medication and all I need to say is yes, and they call my doctor office for me. My prescriptions come in 90 day amounts right to my mailbox and cost me nothing, which is a huge help because I am on a low income.

My mother is 92 and lives with me. She also receives her prescriptions through Humana mail order pharmacy. Neither of us have ever had any issues or complaints about their service, and they are always kind and caring on the phone. We live 40 miles from the nearest town so mail order pharmacy is important to us. Mom is making a decision for a new supplement insurance and it is important that she is able to remain with Humana mail order pharmacy. Some insurance companies have other mail order pharmacies and we do not want to switch. I am sorry to read all of these bad reports that people write about Humana mail order pharmacy, but sometimes a soft word gets a gentle reply. Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Humana has a CS Rep who lives to talk in a monotone voice on and on about nothing pertinent just to hear herself talk. They repeat everything without shame and apparently believe everyone is as stupid as themselves. I'm changing to another service as soon as possible! DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER using these keystone cop troglodytes!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I called to pay 3 months premiums $17 each month total $51. Gave them routing number & account number of my checking account. I even had them read it back to me. Perfect. A week later still in my checking account. They never even tried taking the $51. Checked at my bank, they told me they never made an attempt at getting money. It would have showed up if they tried. So the money is still there.

When I call the answering machine says I have 0 balance yet they tell me, live person I'm behind for Aug. Also had problem I sent an $8 check for my July prescription. Said they never got, so before I could get my 3 prescription I had to pay the $8 that they said they never got. So I told them I would use my cc for the $8 for the bill they claim I didn't pay, no check they said, & use the cc for the 3 prescriptions I needed. Guess what 2 days later they tried cashing the $8 check they said they never got. I had canceled the check through my bank. Now they tell me I still owe them $8. I paid $32 for my 4 prescriptions so I owe them nothing. Each prescription is $8.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I fell and injured my left leg. The pain was excruciating and I went to the ER to get checked out. They said that I needed to get an MRI. I saw one orthopedic doctor who just said that I had bad arthritis and that he would start treatment with ** shot. That failed and this same doctor ordered a new shot called ** to be injected into my knee. I started seeing one of his colleagues, because he moved to another state. The new doctor ordered an MRI and found that I had a distal femur fracture and a torn meniscus in my left knee/leg. Now I have $209.00 in a prescription that I won't even use, has not been opened, and they will not refund my money. I and my husband are both disabled and on a limited income. That money could go to other medicines, doctor's visits, groceries, and gas for our auto, that Humana says is ok to be expendable. I will never use Humana after this year, and I will tell everyone I know not to use Humana.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

After spending three days with different customer service reps., I am now convinced, why do they even have customer service or for that matter why do they even exist as a company. Help is the last thing in their mind. I called the help desk to inquire about my order. Two days before this, I had called about the same and after being directed and redirected a pharmacy person told me he will get it expedited and shipped that day. I called yesterday and wasted an hour when they told me it will be shipped today... Since nothing happened I called again but this time the lady told me it will come when it will come. On top of it she said the orders are filled in a warehouse and they cannot get in touch with the warehouse.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

When you place a mail order for medication, Humana tells you that it should reach you in 10 business days. Usually it does. This time my order has been a nightmare. I'll tell you about it soon. First I will tell you a bit about how Humana works. Anyone reading this, please understand that in theory you can order meds by phone, mail or online in a sign-in account. It sounds very convenient. When it works well, it works very very well. And when it doesn't, it's awful. I have been with Humana for about 7 years. I used the Advantage Plan for the first 2 years then decided it was a waste of money. I still had copays, so what was I paying Humana over $100 a month for? I switched to Medigap. They cover everything for me except Part D (pharmacy), or you can choose how much of your leftover 20% you want them to cover.

I had 2 hospitalizations last year. The wonderful Cedars Sinai in LA - 1 medical and 1 surgical and didn't pay a dime. GoMedigap will help you find the least expensive premiums, notify you before your premiums go up and again find you the least expensive alternative. Free service. Very cool. No more "Advantage" Plans.

Back to Humana. I'm choking on the name right now because I am so angry with them. I went to my computer and signed into my account to place an order. This is usually quick and easy, but they had "updated" the website. First they didn't recognize my password. I re-entered just in case I typed it wrong. Nope. I left the site, thought about what to do and then signed in again. This time they recognized me! I was happy. So I went to the page where they list my medications. They said I had no prescriptions. I snarled, then called the pharmacy. The robo-woman will drive you crazy. I eventually gave my order to a nice-sounding human woman who was a pharmacy assistant, telling her that I was going to run out of my ** (blood pressure) in 8 days and hoped my order would come quickly.

Then I waited for the mail. It usually comes in about a week. It has never taken 10 days. So on day 9 I called to ask them to track my package. It turns out it was never processed because one medicine needed a new order from my doctor. I raised my voice - said "What? Why the heck didn't you send the others?" loudly and angrily. She apologized and said the woman should have sent the others and kept trying on the one that needed a new order. Let me digress appropriately here... My doctor's office is a well-oiled machine because of Alice the head nurse. She gets a fax from a pharmacy when a med needs reordered and immediately takes it to the doctor, who says ok, always, and she faxes them the order. That day. Humana frequently calls me saying they didn't receive a fax from my doctor and they've been trying for 2 weeks.

I call Alice and she tells me she's faxed them 3 times. I call Humana back (they love keeping us on the phone) and tell them and they deny that they have received any. I read one review here where the person said the faxes go into the trash where a janitor empties it every 20 minutes. I believe it! Anyway, Humana doesn't have an order for one med so they don't process and mail anything? How do they make money that way? The employees must really hate the company because they prevent them from making money by making a habit of not filling orders. So I told this woman that I was going to run out of my blood pressure med in 3 days. The truth. She apologized (they do that a lot) and said she would expedite the order and send everything since they made this error. They do this readily and I usually get it the next day because they overnight it. So 3 days later it had not arrived.

I called yet another person, a male this time, and he apologized and said he will call my insurance and see if he can override the mail order and call it into a local pharmacy. I gave him the phone number of who I wanted it sent to and thanked him, even though I was on the phone 45 minutes with him while he bumbled around. I called the local pharmacy (30 miles away) and explained my medicine emergency and asked them to let me know when it was ready. I would run out of ** the next day.

I'm writing this with light sarcasm in it, but the truth is, my blood pressure is not under control and missing doses could be life-threatening for me. I said as much to the man I spoke to at Humana. The pharmacy never got the order. I called my doctor and asked them to send prescription right away to the pharmacy. They did. My husband drove 60 miles round-trip to get my medicine. Either Humana or Medicare only authorized 10 pills, and I take 3 a day! Hope the supposedly overnighted medicine order isn't lost. 3 days worth won't get me through the weekend.

Today is the next day. I called and again had to tell the whole story again to a nice-sounding woman who kept apologizing for my troubles. She checked the order that was expedited and said it had not been expedited! It had been sent in regular mail. I freaked out. The bottom line is that she spoke with her manager, who suggested that they call the order into my pharmacy. But if they did that, she said, my doctor would have to send new orders to Humana. I didn't care. I couldn't wait for the medicine. If I don't take it regularly, my systolic blood pressure rises to over 200 and I wind up in the hospital with people watching to see whether I will have a stroke or heart attack. I told her go ahead.

She said she needed to talk to her manager again and I waited on hold 15 minutes for her to come back with the robo-lady repeating instructions over and over and over. When she did, she said she didn't know what to do because I had said I didn't want the order called out. I said, raising my voice a bit, "Listen to me carefully. I want you to place the order for ** with my local pharmacy. Do you understand me?" She said she did and she needed to speak with the manager again. I waited another 15 minutes -- I had been on the phone with her for an hour now -- and when she came back she told me everything was closed and everyone was gone. I could have screamed. I didn't. She said she would be back early in the morning and first thing she would get permission to send the order out to my local pharmacy. She apologized again and again. I told her I was telling Medicare about all the troubles I have had with them with this one order.

I will add all the troubles I have had with them period. She said she didn't blame me, they had really messed up. I didn't feel forgiving. I only blame each person for their own messes - I don't take my frustration out on someone who didn't do anything wrong but was trying to straighten out the problem. But, 4 people now had made a mess out of my order. This woman miscommunicated my wishes to her manager and I was out of options for today. I told her to please call me in the morning when she had completed the order transfer. I don't have an end to this mess yet. I had to vent my frustration and anger somewhere and chose this forum. Thanks for listening.

By the way, did you know that, by federal law, any publicly traded corporation's primary responsibility is to its' shareholders? My husband told this to me and I checked it out. It's true (**). Sorry that was truncated, but it was that way online. The article confirmed what I said. We the people don't have a chance for reasonable outcomes with companies like Humana. I continue with them because Humana is the least expensive company. I can't afford to pay more for the large number of medicines I need because I have been disabled for 26 years and live on Social Security. I feel abused.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I had a satisfactory experience with Humana on Monday morning. However, they do not offer customer service when you are having a medical issue over the weekend. People get sick and need Rx on Saturdays and Sundays, not just during normal business hours Monday through Friday.

Original review: July 24, 2017

Humana is one of the ONLY pharmacies that require the patient to call for a vacation override, most other pharmacies allow the pharmacist to do it. I thought I misplaced pills and the pharmacist told me to call for a vacation override. I made the mistake of telling Humana that I had misplaced pills. Because of this, even when I called back to tell them I found the missing pills, they would NOT give me a vacation override. I will definitely look for a new pharmacy. I have been with Humana for over 2 years, have never requested an override or called for any reason, always pay my bill promptly, and this is the service I get. HORRIBLE.

Original review: June 26, 2017

I have been with RightSource then folding into Humana Pharmacy since 2013. I was "encouraged" to purchase through RightSource mail order to get the benefit of my prescriptions which fell under tier 1 and 2 because at the time, there was no additional charge or co-pay. It took a while for RightSource to get their act together, but once they did I was okay. They didn't have the website or app at the time either. When I moved to Arizona, I contacted my insurance agent (Family Insurance) and she gave me a new agent to relocate my policy. Wow, what fun that was. I immediately got a new card issued January 2016 and within a month got a letter from Social Security stating that I no longer had coverage. Wow, again.

I called Humana and they saw that they had made a mistake. I had to give them a credit card to pay the month that SS had not taken it out of my check. And Humana sent me a letter (form letter) indicating that it was their error and it would be taken care of. It was for the moment.They wanted me to sign up for mail order again, but since I was not at my permanent address, I decided to used the Walmart Pharmacy to fill my prescriptions. In March of 2017, when I finally moved into my house, I went online to change my address so I could start to have my prescriptions filled through the mail. Now I do have a new house, built on a lot that never had a house before, but I was already receiving mail, and to see my changing my address and it being rejected as no such address was a bit frustrating. Yes, I had to call and it took two days for them to put in the new address.

The rep told me she had to find out how to override this problem, but she did finally succeed. Hours, and hours but hey I have nothing better to do right. And the reps are always pleasant. But I am a savvy senior, with all the tech stuff. I want to be able to do what I want when I want to do, not confined to a customer service person during their working hours. So finally I am able to switch my prescriptions, so I copy all my Humana information and go to my doctor's office. I hand them everything and right in front of me, they send it to Humana. I check them website the next day and it is delayed, then cancelled. What is going on. Of course, I call. I go from rep to pharmacy and back again. They didn't receive anything, no fax. My husband said that he believes (and he has little faith) but that they catch all the faxes in a wastepaper basket, and some janitor cleans it out every 20 minutes.

So I get in the car and go back to my doctor's office. Sure enough, they not only sent a fax while I was standing there, they also sent a fax at the request of Humana Pharmacy. So in the good fashion of the people who work at Arizona Oncology, they send another one while I am there. Whew, finally. I also get a 30 day prescription from them from Walmart just in case.

Moving right along, I go to fill one of my other prescriptions with my internist. I stop at the office, just to give them the heads up. But I once again, (needing to prove that the "few mistakes" were operator error), that I can do this from the website. And you would be right to think this was a fool's errand, and it was. Back to the doctor's office, this time due the fact that Walmart refused to call Humana Pharmacy and cancel my prescription so Humana could fill it. I can't imagine what they would gain since the customer service rep at Humana gave me a number to give them. So back to my Dr's office. And 1 hour later, after speaking a Humana customer service rep, it was a done deal. Don't get me wrong, I love my Drs and their staffs, but I am now on a first name basis with janitors who think I must be working there.

So that brings us to this morning. Needed to switch two prescriptions (my last 2). I couldn't even get into the website. Didn't like my choice of either ID or password. Yes, I called customer service again. 1 hour later I had a new ID and Password. Then I tried to use them. I kept getting that screen from Chrome telling me that the site was either changed or didn't exist. So I tried the app on my phone (horrible) and had no more luck. Yes, I needed to call again. The rep was able to switch the prescription and of course, you know what that means, they are sending a request to my doctors fax line. Am I scared, no this time I have enough medication to see me through this trail and error process. But I will keep an eye on it until I see that I have a "status".

The company, their website, their app or just horrible. No one at the customer service level really knows what they are doing. What a place to put your cheap labor at the "entry" to your services. I am a very well educated professional. I am used to very complicated problems, to which I am good at solving. But this takes the cake. After this experience, I googled Humana RightSource reviews and it was not surprising that people are extremely "disappointed" in their experience.

I agreed to take a little phone survey after my experience today. When they called back, I gave it the worst reviews I possible could. When they asked me to record a statement, I also did that with my last words being cut off with "Thank you for participating". I expect that just like the faxes, this will be erased or dropped in the proverbial circular file.

Original review: June 21, 2017

I tried to get my prescriptions changed from local Walmart to Humana mail order. WHAT A NIGHTMARE! I had to call 5 times to get my address changed; tried to scan credit card per their instructions-- no luck! Called and gave them my credit card. Called for update the next day on prescriptions and they still had the wrong address and no credit card number. Horrible, horrible service!!!

Original review: June 7, 2017

I had to change my card due to fraud last summer and forgot to notify Humana, which was taking premiums out of my account automatically. They did not contact me, but they cancelled my plan. I found out when I went to the pharmacy. I called them and gave them the new card number, and they charged the past due amount and the current month's premium. My coverage was restored and has never lapsed since.

Recently, I received a letter stating that I owed them over $600 in past due premiums. When I asked them why they were just now notifying me, they had no answer. The letter mentioned that I could make payment arrangements for the past due. I called, gave them the same card I'd given last summer, and authorized them to take the premium out on the fifth of each month.

When I asked about the payment arrangements, the representative told me another department would be in touch with me. My premium is $79. On the 5th of June I received an email from my bank saying I was overdrawn. They had taken out $236. I called and reported it to my bank's fraud department and will receive a provisional credit while they investigate. I called Humana and was given the runaround. I am on a fixed income and have no money for food right now, let alone bills. I am terrified that they are going to clean out my account when I get my Social Security direct deposit in a couple of weeks. The bank says even if I change my debit card, they can still get the money. I may have to close my bank account completely to protect my money. I can't change plans until open enrollment. Please be careful when considering this company. What they did was as fraudulent as someone who steals your card.

Original review: May 18, 2017

Humana Pharmacy RX coverage Part D for medicare: I have had nothing but problems with Humana and inconsistent information on top of it. I have actually stopped taking from Humana Pharmacy representatives. I was initially told when switching to Humana (also paying an extra premium of $37.00 month) that this was excellent coverage for the medications I am on. Having a limited monthly income and knowing it would be a yearly deductible of $500. I have actually more than met my deductible and these medications are costing me a fortune. I have actually stopped taking some medications because of the price. (ex: ** eye drops $660.00, ** $82.00 , ** $57.00) I am suppose to be taking and have taken these medications for several years NEVER having these prices.

All of a sudden they are now charging different prices than they told me and putting medications in different tiers than they were originally to make them more expensive. The Humana representatives are not helpful and EVERYONE tells you something different. Having worked in customer service and a supervisor I can not believe this is how a company treats their clients. I will recommend any and all to stay away from HUMANA. I will be switching as soon as possible. It is actually a crime that people like myself get bad information and go with a company that you are locked into for a year. I am not normally a person that would make a public complaint, BUT I am disgusted with Humana and do not want anyone else to fall prey to their misconceptions and bad service.

Original review: May 17, 2017

They send me things in the mail. THEY OWN YOUR INFORMATION, AND SEND IT TO EVERYONE! ALLOWING TELEMARKETERS TO CALL AND ANNOY YOU. Frequent telemarketing calls, they never stop. Customer raises their voice, when you do. Customer service can keep transferring you. The sales agent can mess you up your insurance when renewing and the possible result of the mess up could lead you to wait another month for it be effective. Even when your insurance is messed up, they won't spare you the convenience of a turnaround for inconvenient purposes, and when its their fault, still have to wait for the effective date - following month or longer, and if you prescriptions, too bad, still have to wait, and you possibly will have to paid out pocket, no reimbursements.

Keep getting this RX SMART SUMMARY in the mail. I can never seem for them to stop receiving. I just got off the phone with them about this, and my response was: "Well what if I just give you guys a different address, because you don't really want to stop this from coming in my mail." And their response was: "Well we would have to end your insurance." And my response was: "End my insurance because I don't want to Receive these paper summaries in the mail." Really! "I am sorry, let me see what I can do before I transfer you," (and they never know) and possibly wont transfer you. If they transfer you, you will have to repeat your address and everything else, and re-explain to the next dept. why you're calling. Very Incompetent!

Humana RightSource RX Company Information