Humana RightSource RX

Humana RightSource RX

2.0/5 (624 ratings)
Find a Health Insurance partner

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

About Humana RightSource RX

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Humana RightSource RX Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Humana RightSource RX?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Humana?

Original review: June 18, 2022

Don't take CenterWell aka Humana Pharmacy, they will send your orders without sending their client's email stating that the client's orders were processed and they will make you take a carrier you don't like.

Original review: March 16, 2022

I switched to Humana part D because they "covered" the medications I take. When I actually purchased some they denied coverage for a medication I have been taking for 10 years and I am forced to experiment with my blood pressure again by trying alternate medications. Two stars because my expectations for insurance companies are low.

Get buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

First time receiving medicine from Humana pharmacy. I gave it all a fair try. All of it made me sick. Muscle aches so bad. Headache sick to my stomach. I would love to know what. They put in these meds. Cancel all of them. Would not recommend.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

The worst customer reps. They had no knowledge of how to help, would get more **. I filed 3 separate complaints and finally switched to another company. Even Medicare got the runaround from Humana. The customer reps are poorly trained idiots.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

If you have a med that you need to survive on, don't use Humana. The timeframe to get your meds might not be on time. Worst phone system ever to try to get an answer also. They seem to have to confirm the prescription with your doctor after they already received the prescription. If you're going to have a colonoscopy, schedule it at least a month out so they can get the medicine you drink the day before to you on time.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

New member to Humana Walmart Value Rx Plan, broker said they had good ratings. Real experience proves otherwise: terrible customer service, terrible online portal. When I signed up for Medicare Part D Walmart Plan I received two page mailer with card that had no details on how to sign up for mail order or phone. Not one sentence in mailer addressed when and how to sign up for Humana.com portal. I tried reaching out by phone to numbers offered in mailer only to have automated system state the system was for 'providers' only.

The online portal is poorly designed: It took an hour to learn from the IT Tech Division (No mention of this number on the portal) that new Part D members can't sign onboard until the 'active' date of membership, which means you will not have access to setting up your mail order account online until that date. This would be a useful tip to add to a new member marketing letter; I shared this suggestion with supervisor reached on phone, who said it wasn't his job to make them. For those of you who depend on life saving medications don't count on Humana: if you don't have extra refills on your prescriptions handy from your old insurance, count on some nail biting as you wait for your date of activation, then scramble to create your online account and wait week later to get refills in the mail.

I was offered an opportunity in my fifth call to customer service to set up mail order account over phone and transferred to Mail Order Division at 800-379-0092, where I was informed I could sign up for Humana Pharmacy. I mentioned I signed up for Humana Walmart Value Rx Plan (!) only to be told that they didn't have a phone number for that so, if I wanted to sign up now I could easily get Humana Pharmacy plan. Talk about bait and switch! New members beware: check Google Humana Pharmacy online ratings before you buy. I'm going to guess that New Member Mailing I received hasn't been revised since 2005, which is the identification date noted in footer on the bottom of page.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Awful experience. Company representatives will tell you amazing prices, just so that you will feel comfy and transfer all of your Rxs to their mail order pharmacy. 1st rep stated to me that I have to call Walmart and have them transfer the Rxs to Humana. Walmart told me that it works the opposite way. That Humana has to call Walmart to make transfer. Should have been the 1st red flag. Staff also quoted me prices, which made me approve the transfer, because of the low price.

Then was told that my doc had to write me a whole new Rx to send to Humana. And they could not transfer that 1 particular Rx. Reason that the representative gave me was, because of the fact that I only want that Rx transferred because of the price being cheaper. I was quoted a really low price. Then was told later that it would be 0 copay. My doc sent over an Rx. And I went online to check when the package would arrive at my home. Humana charged me $90 for that Rx. Awful experience. Avoid by all means. Reps will say anything you to get your business.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

I transferred my Rxs to Humana Pharmacy in 10/2020. I told them that I did not need a refill on my ** as I had just refilled at local pharmacy and doctor had cut my dosage in half. I took all of those pills from local pharmacy. Fast forward to 8/2021 and I opened the sealed ** from Humana and the smell knocked me over. It was very pungent and kind of petroleum smell. I took them to local pharmacy and the pharmacist said there is usually a slight odor to ** but never as strong as my pills. I called Humana to get a return envelope so they could dispose of drug properly. They refused saying I had drug for 9 months and it must have been something I did to drug that made the sealed drug smell. All I wanted to do is return the drug. I will have all scripts filled at local pharmacy where there is a pharmacist that will discuss any concerns that I have. I have to wonder if Humana is using off brand drugs or if they are made in China.

Original review: July 22, 2021

I have taken 5 different drugs all prior filled with Humana. They know when the drugs run out as I was told prior I couldn't order a refill because it wasn't time. I relied at this point on Humana to handle my drugs... One medication I take is for seizures and I ran out of this medication. I called Humana likely 5 times and was told to get an Emergency 7 day supply at my local Walmart. I went to the Walmart 24 hours later and they had one of the 2 drugs I was out of, but NO seizure medication. I said the hell with running back and forth and will just change my insurance plan next opportunity. My final advice is to find another pharmacy.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Placed a Rx order on 12/23/20. Order tracking said it was delivered on 12/29/20 in my mailbox. The order was...finally...delivered today, January 4, 2021. I tried for two days to contact Humana Rx. Was on hold for hours, disconnected twice and transferred to "another department" once. I heard their idiotic recordings and menus so many times I have them memorized...NOT THAT I WILL EVER USE THEM AGAIN! In the future, I will be getting my Rx from the local Walmart.

Humana RightSource RX Company Information