Compare Quotes and Save

Compare Quotes and Save

Find Short Term Health Insurance

Shop Plans Today

412 Humana RightSource RX Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 17, 2019

Ok, I've been getting 3 meds for up to 20 yrs by mail order, it started free, with the cost of the the rx plan only. Then started charging me for the meds, 12.99 each med for 90 day supply. Now they are only sending 30 days at a time, and still charging me 12.99 a month for each med!!! Was paying approx $39 every 3 months, now it's $39 a month for my 3 meds. I can get these meds at Walmart, Hy-Vee, Costco, all cheaper - 90 days for about $10. For 90 days with no insurance!!!! What the hell!!!! Shame on you Humana. Shame shame shame on you for taking advantage of your customers. This is not right ethically. I hope people see this and we can sue your ** off!!!!

Original review: March 18, 2019

I signed up for Medicare Part D with Humana Pharmacy. My doctor submitted a generic prescription to Humana for generic **. They charged me $807.00 for 20 pills or over $40.00 a pill. I can buy the identical pills on the internet for $3.00 a pill. I believe that Humana grossly overcharged me. It was within their rules because the drug was not "covered" but my belief is they took advantage of me by grossly overcharging.

Get expert buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I received 3 Advair Diskus from Walmart and was charged $98 for each. Approx. 6 mo later Humana contacts me to tell me that they miscalculated and I owe them $249.68 as they had not charged enough. I told them to suck it up and write it off as they let it happen 3 times. Do yourself a favor... DO NOT GO WITH HUMANA FOR ANYTHING!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Many delays with service. Most recently refill requested 2/4/2019 of script which expired 2/6/2019. Another script requested at same time had expired. Humana requested new scripts on both and Prior Authorization on unexpired script. Doctor sent both scripts and Prior Authorization back. Expired script processed but Humana kept insisting they did not get script on drug requiring PA. Doctor has sent twice. Last time this happened Humana ended up processing both. Now told they received PA but by that time the script had expired. Frustrating and every call it's a different story.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

In January 2019 I received a letter saying that I had been disenrolled from my drug plan in January 2015–despite the fact that I had been receiving and paying for services for four years and had no prior notice of my plan ending. Countless hours with Customer Service (and as many on hold) convinced me this company is not functioning in an even mediocre way. I was transferred to the same number I had just called, disconnected twice after 30 minutes on hold waiting for a supervisor, and shuttled from one unhelpful person to another. I now have no drug coverage, cannot reenroll because the enrollment period is over, and am looking at a lifetime of penalties for a break in service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Humana?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I placed an order for 3 prescriptions with 3 Rx numbers. Since Humana in the past had mishandled my prescriptions, I followed up with several phone calls to get status. For each call and each separate Rx number the automated system said the meds were shipped on Jan 5th and should arrive by Jan 13. On Jan 10 I received 1 med but not the other 2. A week later I called and talked to a person and they said the 2 meds were not shipped because they were not able to get Dr approval. They did not contact me that they failed to get approval. Their system said that the meds were shipped.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

The plan worked well for the basic prescription refill process. But when I went in for back surgery I found that Humana doesn't fill in hospital prescriptions. I paid for my medicine with the hospital bill and tried to have Humana reimburse me. The first response/denial was that I didn't provide proof of payment. The next response/denial requested proof of procedure. The hospital sent an itemized bill showing not only the procedure and prescriptions but what they had charged me. The next response/denial was that the hospital's paperwork was not adequate for Humana's purposes.

Then I get (tucked in with the lengthy denial papers) a notice that Humana would fill one of the prescriptions; this is nine months after the surgery that Humana wanted me to go and fill a prescription ordered for my surgical recovery. The rest of the prescriptions were denied for insufficient proof of need. My wife had surgery at the same hospital (hers was emergency) and her prescription plan covered 100% of the costs during her hospital stay. It is now 19 months after my surgery and I am still being asked for more and more documentation for reimbursement.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

My experience was terrible from the start. My physician had to send my order 3 times. Information on my account for prescription order processing was late. My order was delayed after it was finally received because I had to approve the order. Then after that it was delayed again because I had cancelled the insurance and my credit card for the end of the month but they still required a credit card to process the order before the end of the month. I wasted at least 30 phone minutes following up on the phone. Their automated phone service is verbally lengthy with useless and repetitive information. I strongly suggest you find a different provider.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I got an automated call that it was time to get more prescriptions. I called back, went thru the prompts and when it got to the part where they confirm address I said no as I was moving in a few days. I had already changed it the day before with Humana. I guess Humana and RightSource don't communicate with each other because RightSource had my old address. So a customer rep came on and I gave her my new address. She put me on hold for 33 minutes, so I finally hung up.

So I moved. My prescriptions had not been delivered. I called RightSource to confirm my new address. She said it had been changed to my new location. Two more days went by and still no prescriptions. I called RightSource to see where my RX's are. She said they had not been ordered. What? Isn't that what the automated service is for? She said she would get them ordered. I asked if she could sent an RX to my local pharmacy as I was out of pills by this time. She said I would have to call my DR. and have him send them a request.

Why should I have to call my Dr.? Such an inconvenience. So I called my Dr. and Humana approved. Went to the new pharmacy and they verified my insurance. But the new pharmacy said Humana would not approve because the pills were in the mail. They said I needed an override. Shouldn't that have been done when I called them? So the pharmacist called Humana to ask for an override. Humana told her I would need to call. I called and told the rep what I needed. Just a simple override to hold me until I got my meds in the mail. She put me on hold 2 times for a total of 23 minutes before she came back to tell me it is done. I don't appreciate being put on hold for more than 5 minutes. When I worked customer service we were not allowed to keep anyone on hold for more than 5 minutes without giving them a status report. This is just one mistake on HUMANA's part. Next year I'll think about switching insurance.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

On December 6, I decided to cancel, close out my Human Account for good, my Prescription Part D Medicare with Humana. I called that day, cannot get through, no matter what time I called. I called following day, I was on hold for 2 hours, whether it's before 8 am or after 6 pm EST. Horrible! I called again on December 7, 2018, I was on the phone for another hour, was transferred from one person to another, like 4 different people, just terrible! Today, December 10, called again before 8 am, was on hold for 1 hour and 15 minutes, able to get to the right person to close my account, yet this Rep said, I need to send in a Letter of Request of Cancellation! What!

This was a truly a Nightmare experience! PLEASE DO NOT ENROLL WITH HUMANA! They are so fast and good in enrolling you and taking out your money. Yet when canceling, you can actually have a heart attack with frustrations, aggravations waiting on the phone for someone to help you close your account! TOTAL NIGHTMARE! I finally sent in faxed the requested Letter of Cancellation with my signature, hope that they will cancel and close my account. Not worth my anger and high blood pressure going up! OMG!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I called over one week ago to refill my HBP medication. The script expired, so the recording said they, Humana, would contact my Dr. I called 8 days later, as it never showed. When I called back, today, Sunday, it repeated the same recording. My husband, me, and mother will be looking for a better source. Also, they tell me to call back during regular business hours. Don't use Humana. I go through this every 6 months. Bad response to customers.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I have run into extremely inane problems with using Humana Mail order pharmacy. To try to refill an asthma medicine this is what happened: Placed refill order. Got phone call that the dispenser for this inhaler changed so that my prescription is no longer good and I had to get a brand new prescription from my doctor because essentially the shape of the bottle changed. Doctor's office put through new prescription while I was on the phone with them. A day later, nothing had happened on Humana's end as far as getting an email alert that they received the order and my online account showed no order.

I called and after 35 minutes of being moved between agents and being put on hold, they said, "Yes we received the prescription from the doctor, but not an order." So they had to put the order in. Always in the past a prescription going in from the doctor triggered an order. The next day saw that the order was now cancelled. It took 45 minutes on the phone and getting moved between agents to finally discover that supposedly the cancellation happened because the doctor's office didn't put all needed information onto the prescription. I am never using Humana again because this was ridiculous.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I requested a refill on ** 3 weeks ago and when it did not arrive in a week I called to check. This is allegedly a life-sustaining drug and I was running low. Pharmacist said he would expedite the order because of an error on their part. That was a week and a half ago. I paid 492.00 for 90 day supply. AstraZeneca says it should be 135.00! I am now out of the Rx and it is still being processed. Paid 243.00 for this same drug and quantity in May. NEEDLESS TO SAY, I WILL NOT RENEW MY PART D WITH THEM. Silverscript copay for me would be 107.00. I have been with Humana for 15 years and have had nothing but grief but this is the last straw. THIS COMPANY IS UNRELIABLE AND DISHONEST!!! I am notifying Medicare, the Insurance Commissioner as well as the Attorney General and AstraZeneca.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I ordered a prescription more than two weeks ago and had been checking its progress. During the process, it said it would take about two weeks. It was at the pharmacist level and I received an email that they needed and had requested more info from the doctor. This is a prescription I have been taking for almost a year for Barret's Esophagus. This morning I looked it up again and the prescription order has been canceled. I received no further information. No phone call, no email. I thought it was in the mail until I just pulled up the order to find it canceled. I was trying to do mail order because I didn't want to stand in line for an hour at the Walmart pharmacy and I would supposedly save 2 extra copays. I was out of the medicine when I ordered it and now I find I have to start over. Now I have to call to find out what was wrong but of course, they aren't open yet. Beyond upset. My insurance agent talked me into this policy and I can't change until January.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Four and one half hours on the phone to convince Humana that when an eye surgeon schedules cataract surgery a week apart and writes two separate prescriptions, both of which state “no refills” and specifically states right eye and left eye respectively means I have two eyes and the two separate sets of eye drops are required so as not to cross contaminate. Nope, Humana did not put two no refill Rxs in their system, they put only one Rx in their system with a refill in three weeks. What happened to the second prescription? Did Human violate the law by deliberately changing the Doctor’s orders? Does anyone know if I can register a complaint with the FDA? The weird part was that when I tried to explain to the agent who denied the second Rx for my other eye he seemed confused and replied “Huh”.

Original review: July 5, 2018

They tell you your drugs are in the mail and (three times) they weren't. They "accidentally disenrolled" me without notice to me meanwhile claiming my scripts are in the mail and they billed me every month for the premium. They explained that the premium billing is separate from the prescription filling and they have no control over whether I get my scripts or not, they just want my premiums. Getting my prescriptions is between me and the mail order system they contract with. How is that??? When the scripts did not arrive as they promised, I was informed they could not find me in the system because I had been dis-enrolled!!! How? By whom? For what reason? They were getting my money from my SS Check, they had no reason for it and knew not who in their system did it.

At that point, they could not re enroll me without preventing me from getting my meds. When they disenrolled me they wiped out all info on all my doctor order prescriptions and I had to contact each doctor's office to relay what happened and ask them again to send in the scripts. But before I could do that, I was required to find a local pharmacy and pay for all my prescriptions I needed that were covered for free with their mail order plan because they explained once the doctor called them with the same prescription again, it would take more than 10 days to review and process and I needed these scripts before then. Of course I did. That is why I called in for a refill three weeks ago and their reply was it was approved and would be mailed right away.

So now, instead of free scripts I pay premiums to get, I have to call my doc again, call a local pharmacy and pay out of pocket due to their errors. They are always so sorry and "more than happy" to correct their errors. Once they quoted me a price for a script. I agreed, then they charged my card double. That is fraud. When I complained and asked for a supervisor she said it was a mistake and they undid the charge, but don't trust them for anything. I don't. They wanted $550.00 for a script I ended up getting for $12. How in the world can Medicare approve of these types of scams???

Original review: May 14, 2018

I have been without my medically necessary prescriptions for three weeks. I made sure to have my prescriptions refilled 2 weeks before they were due, so that I would not have a lapse in taking them. At 5 days late, I called Humana to ask where the prescriptions were, and was told they were in process. At 2 weeks I called, and I was told that the prescriptions were in process. At three weeks, I have called 4 times to urgently get my refilled prescriptions, and each person has told me that the prescriptions were in urgent status to be sent and would arrive no later than today.

Today, there are no prescriptions here. Because they have already used my refill quota for the month, I cannot fill the prescription for the month. My doctor and I have spoken, and we will not use Humana pharmacy again, my doctor will call them into a walk in pharmacy but I will have to pay out of pocket to purchase urgent need for prescriptions at walk in clinic now, for this month. Because this is close to $1000 in out of pocket expenses, I am not able to purchase the prescriptions myself. I have asked to speak with a supervisor at Humana and have not received a callback. I am reporting all of this as a well versed RN with 30 years of work experience. Imagine a non-medical patient trying to maneuver such a broken system. Humana should be held accountable. It jeopardizes patients' health and perhaps their life.

Original review: April 5, 2018

On at least 6 different times, 3 in the last 3 weeks they have withdrawn money from my account without my permission. Most recently $194.00 which caused a roller coaster of returned checks and $32.00 fees for each. They never contacted me in any way to tell me they were withdrawing or what the amount was??? Plus they don't reimburse returned check fee even though it was their fault. I do not allow automatic withdrawal and spoken with Humana more than once about this including today. I just withdrew all my prescriptions from them today. I don't trust them anymore. I live on Social Security and those bounce fees are my food and expense money!!! I just withdraw all my prescriptions from them.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I tried to have Humana Pharmacy "call away" 2 of my prescriptions from a "discount" pharmacy near my home in Florida. The young lady I spoke with informed me that "the pharmacy who presently had the script." Had to call Humana and request that Humana Pharmacy "accept" the script from them! I am 87 years and split our year between Pennsylvania and Florida. This means that I have had to transfer prescriptions twice a year. I have never called the "old pharmacy" to request that they call the "new pharmacy" and request permission to "transfer the script". It has always been the reverse! As I felt this was a silly request, I called Humana and asked that they contact my Pennsylvania Doctor and get NEW scripts from him. They apparently repeatedly tried to reach him, without success. (Also without alerting me.)

After waiting a period of time (WEEKS) I contacted Humana to find out what had happened to the drugs as I was out! They informed me that, since my doctor did not return the calls, they had consider the matter closed. (Without bothering to notify me!). At that point, I was so annoyed that I went back to COSTCO and had the prescriptions filled the next day! Today, a few weeks later, I received 2 of the originally requested medications, by mail, from HUMANA, without explanation, along with separate letter dated March 29, 2018, also from HUMANA indicating that the same medications (that I just received) could not be sent because "PRESCRIBER CLARIFICATION NEEDED: MISSING INFORMATION".

As I use these two MEDS on a regular basis, I can just hold on to the now duplicates until the ones I procured locally are exhausted. I am writing to explain why I cannot entrust my future Pharmacy Needs to Humana Pharmacy, Had I not resorted to my local Pharmacy, I would have been without these meds for several weeks! In future should you ever have this sort of problem, I would appreciate a timely phone message or e-mail, so I can avoid being without needed medication!

Hope this is of some help.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I have been outside the US for several months and have run out of my normal prescriptions. I would like to have them waiting for me when I get home, instead of having to wait a week or more or having some other problem (which this company is prone to have). However, I cannot access their website outside the country. Why is this? I have no trouble with all other websites that I use to take care of business, pay bills, etc. in the US. Only Humana says "Access Denied - You don't have permission to access "http://www.humana.com/logon" on this server. Reference # **."

Original review: March 8, 2018

They will not send drugs until they hound you for days about verifying they are for you! Even after you log in just to return their unneeded call! They will repeat, repeat useless info even after having already having given it to them. NON-essential phone wasting time. If you're on vacation when they want to "Verify" this or that, you're out of luck for that prescription. Essentially a harassment call! Spend the extra time and expense and go to Walmart!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Humana does not know I was with them for many years, they lose records left and right, they sent me a letter wanting me to prove that I had part D coverage or pay a large penalty. It was them taking money each month from my SS account. I have kept the records. They have not. They want to penalize me for not being covered? They were supposed to be covering me, they were paid too, but I think they did not know. What a company, very mismanaged.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

This company is absolutely useless. I have had NO prescriptions, WRONG prescriptions, INCORRECT dose prescriptions. For ONE medication I have been on hold for 15 minutes. DO NOT USE THEM. Go to Walmart.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I recently reordered 3 prescriptions from Humana. I ordered on a Friday. On Monday I received an email saying my prescriptions had shipped and I would get them in 3-5 days. They sent a USPS tracking number. Each day since Tuesday, I checked the USPS tracking. Every day (Tuesday through Friday) it couldn't give me a delivery date, saying it was in "pre shipment". I called USPS and they said they received the pre-shipment notice but had NOT yet received the shipment from Humana, so the 3-5 day delivery was impossible.

In the meantime, I have run out of one of the medications and had to call my doctor directly to send a prescription to a local pharmacy. I called Humana and told them the post office hadn't received the shipment. The customer service woman said there was nothing wrong and I should have my prescriptions tomorrow (Saturday) or Monday and if not, I should call them again. After over an hour with 5 different people who could not help me, why would I call back again. I should just find another provider.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Worst website ever!!! They send me daily emails telling me that some prescriptions are ready for refill, but when I try to access the site to order refills, it is always overloaded and says to "try later". VERY ANNOYING!!! The only time you can get through is very late at night or very early morning.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Dissatisfaction and disgust, was told by phone this plan was better and cheaper than my WellCare, which I liked except from being informed by WellCare that my pharmacy of choice was no longer theirs, so I supposed incorrectly that a plan named Walmart Humana would be more to my liking, filling my first prescription was charged 1.00, and informed I could only get 30 days, which under WellCare was 90 days and zero dollars. Highly irate I pulled car over and looked at Humana card and proceeded to call 800 number on it to complain-using both numbers. I unbelievably go an advertising recording on how to get discounted car towing and gift cards for other businesses for a small fee, you believe this?

Then I searched Internet for another Humana number, after doing the programmed choices got operator that kept saying it was "only a dollar" which highly disgusted me, so what will my other "only a dollars" add up to. After some more very apologetic words I asked for someone else to talk to for more satisfaction. Was transferred, after being on hold for 15 more minutes I hung up. I cannot believe I am gonna be stuck with something I truly hate for 11 more months. Would do almost anything to change. Any suggestions.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I just got a prescription for 30 ea of 100 mg ** cash price $13.42. I had the pharmacist run it on my Humana RX plan and he said the price was OVER $40! I have a $450 deductible so Humana triple charges to cover the low premium I pay of $20 per month. I am very unsatisfied with this company. But I haven't needed meds yet so maybe I won't need this bad drug plan... Hope...

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Too bad I didn’t read these reviews before I signed up. I had Humana Walmart Part D last year and was very satisfied with Walmart pharmacy. During the current signup period I learned I could save time and money by keeping the plan but using Humana Pharmacy instead. During my 1st week as their customer I have concluded my only sane choice is to go back to Walmart. Absolutely every one of my 12 contacts except for initial enrollment has been a disaster. There is no coordination between departments, their website is a joke, their customer service reps are untrained, I have been given different prices 3 times, disconnected, etc. These lapses make me extremely pessimistic about the probability that their purchasing department and pharmacists are any more qualified.

Will I receive the proper medication? Doubtful. My initial order consisted of 7 medications. They were supposed to contact 3 of my doctors. 5 working days passed and none of the docs were contacted. After many calls they are processing 4 prescriptions although their email to me states 5. As for the remaining prescriptions, customer service had no record of them. However, they appear on the enrollment department’s system. One hand doesn’t know what the other is doing which is very dangerous for a company which dispenses lifesaving drugs. I didn’t learn until today that there are no automatic refills. That would not ordinarily bother me but just thinking about repeating this exercise quarterly is enough to cancel my account. Stay far, far away.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Went to Humana starting in 2007, use RightSource and that it’s all Humana. Had a problem when I first started with them constantly calling but after taking myself off their calling list I’ve never had a problem.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

** is a narrow therapeutic index medication where fluctuations in exact dosages can be fatal to the consumer. Humana mail order pharmacy will not stock or order a specific generic manufacturer's product with a doctor's prescription order. Humana cannot tell you which generic manufacturer that they current have in stock for any of their ** dosages. Small variances may be acceptable in manufacturing but can be harmful if not fatal for people who must maintain a therapeutic medication range. This therapeutic range can be difficult to achieve initially but once a series of stable PT/INR tests have been achieved, then it is imperative to stay with this medication regimen.

Humana would not respond to letters that I written to their CEO and to their Chief Medical Officer. Humana would rather put their consumers at a grave health risk than to do the right thing. Needless to say, Humana Medicare Rx PDP will not be a plan of choice for myself or my spouse. I have also alerted friends and family to their abusive practices.

Humana RightSource RX Company Information