Call toll free
4.65/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

GoldenCare is a privately-held, long-term insurance broker. The products offered at GoldenCare are carefully selected only from top-rated carriers in the industry. GoldenCare also specializes in critical care insurance, Life/LTC hybrid insurance plans, Medicare supplements prescription drug coverage and more.

Visit our website today to learn more about our products and obtain a free quote!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

140 GoldenCare Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I'm old so I decided to look into getting a long-term care. I’ve got Mutual of Omaha supplement for about eight years and I’ve been very pleased with them so I went with GoldenCare. I went with the traditional long-term care for me and my wife. That was what satisfied my needs and I didn’t need the maximum of everything since I have a good retirement and I have a couple houses paid for. I just needed the stuff to take care of us if we get sick. However, the first guy that worked with me tried to talk me into more policy than what I really needed. He wasn’t somebody that was really trying to benefit me and my wife. Also, he took his shoes off at my table like he lived there. If it hadn’t been Mutual of Omaha, I probably would have looked somewhere else. But I called his boss about it. I would recommend GoldenCare.

Get expert buying tips about Long Term Care Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

The enrollment process with GoldenCare was painless. I had a good experience and the cost was a bargain. I would recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I’m an old man and my wife is a registered nurse. She got information about GoldenCare through the Nurses Association. Going with GoldenCare worked out and everything was fine. They had a good price and good coverage. I purchased Long-Term Care and everything was as I would have expected it to be as far as the sales agent was. His customer service level was perfect. If I called him and left a message, he called me back. If I had a question, he had an answer. There was nothing negative about anything that happened or anything that has happened since. I’m happy with my insurance policy and I like the benefits that it has. My impression from working with them was that all they did was work with Nurses Associations, but I think they would do something for anybody. Other people should call this company.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

My parents both needed long-term care or they realized it's something they needed to prepare for. Plus, I'm in the healthcare industry so all the time, I see people not having insurance or have no way to survive when things happen which puts a big drain on the family. I bought a long-term healthcare insurance from GoldenCare. Somebody come to the house and worked with me and I was impressed with his knowledge of what he was doing. If you're in need of an insurance, you could deal with Steve and he'll do what you need him to do. They handled things smoothly like you would have expected.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I had always thought that getting long-term care in my mid-50s was something I wanted to do. I got on the internet and did some investigating and GoldenCare was one of those at the top 10. Steven of GoldenCar, took all my information and said he would do some investigating for me. Steven made it easy. He got back with me and just delivered the information in a very informative and down to business kind of way, so that it could be easily understood and explained everything including all those completed state laws, which I was lucky that Missouri happened to have some laws that were better than other states. He explained the options, the price and the procedure in going forward. He outlined everything really well. When we were able to talk about specifics, it was more than satisfactory. I got a long-term policy that would cover both in-home care and nursing home.

Luckily, it was a good match because he had a lot of things to look through. I have a really good health history so he was able to find something that was beyond what I would hope for as far as coverage and price. He also asked about my spouse because there would have been an additional discount. Because of his health situation, we didn't qualify for him but Steven introduced me to something that I wasn't at all aware of, which we ended up purchasing and that was an in-home care assistance.

Given my husband's disease process and the fact it's automatic cancellation for any long-term care, I'm just kind of shocked that I'm a nurse, yet I wasn't aware that he would qualify for anything like that. It was kind of an episode kind of based thing that would reset after so many days if you didn't need it, which really fit my husband's disease process. That ended up being kind of a Godsent too or a relief for us that we have something in place there when we didn't think we were going to. Steven streamlined the actual paperwork really well too because he had this online presentation that he did when he made the appointment with me when I would get on my computer and then he would get on his. When we did the paperwork signing it was all through there, so it was like "Wow! Can you make this any easier?"

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoldenCare?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

We looked into getting a policy because of the prospect of getting incapacitated and having to be in a nursing home then having to sell everything that you own so that you can get on Medicaid. If you don’t have nursing home insurance then your children won’t inherit any of your property or money. We worked with Steve from GoldenCare and he was as good as he could have been. He was from down south in Kentucky and he came all the way up to Indiana to sit with us. He had some books and he showed us what they could do and what we could get. He was very professional. He showed us different things, and my wife and I were impressed with it. We picked one then we wrote checks. The experience was good and now, I feel confident that if we need any help, Steve will help us. I’d also recommend him to a friend.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I'm getting older and I talked to GoldenCare's agent over the phone. He came and talked to us and we decided in one trip what we were doing. We ended up purchasing the long-term care for me and my wife. It runs about 120,000 apiece and it increases by 3% per year. Our agent was helpful in terms of questions I had afterward and I've had no problem since. I'd recommend GoldenCare.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

My parents-in-law recommended purchasing a long-term care plan because they had purchased a similar fund but they were frustrated with the amount that they discovered they were actually gonna receive and the hoops they had to jump through to get it set up. My mother also passed away from early onset dementia. So there is some family history.

We spent over an hour talking to the sales agent from GoldenCare about the specific details. We had a conference call where we had the phone hooked up then we had an online way of communicating so he could show us different aspects of the plan. He also showed us a variety of different options and plans, and we felt like we had a lot of power in terms or our decision-making. It was also very specific to us so in terms of the attention that we got, it was personal. He was also very thorough and patient. He explained everything and he seemed knowledgeable about what he was talking about. I hope I don’t have to use the service but if I do, I know that there’s a plan in place so my kids aren’t ending up burdened by the responsibility of paying for my care. There’s some peace of mind in having the coverage and I would recommend it.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I am a nurse and it is important to have long-term care in this day and age. GoldenCare was one of the names that were in my nursing magazine and I got the policy. I pay a premium once a year. The rep, Wayne, was very nice and informative. Dealing with him throughout the process was simple.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

GoldenCare is excellent and since we're getting older, we started looking into getting long-term care. Their rep was a knowledgeable man and their rates were right in line. Getting the policy was easy as well. Every month we send them a check and it has resulted in less money in my checkbook. But with their coverage, I have peace of mind.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

GoldenCare was promoted at my place of employment. I checked it out and compared rates with other places. The guy we were working with recommended the long-term package. He did the research, gave me options and prices for some other companies as well. Me and my wife are together on the package. We each had our own policies, but we can share. However, she was denied and it was really weird how they denied it. The process was also long because of my wife's situation. Also, I didn't feel I ever got a good explanation or good reasoning why my wife was denied.

We tried to go back and dispute the finding that they had, and the guy who helped us said once they deny us, they deny us. He also made it sound like he was gonna go look into another company and see if my wife could get covered somewhere else, but he never followed through with it and we never heard back from him again. I would not recommend the person I was dealing with. But the communication was good and the product was very good at a great price.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I bought the long-term care from GoldenCare and the process was seamless. The rep was knowledgeable about explaining everything to us so it was a good experience. My mother is in an assisted living so it helps out and we're getting up there in age and we fear we might use long-term care. Knowing that if we ever have to use GoldenCare, it will be good.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

My age and the fact that I do not have long-term care insurance got me getting a nursing home insurance from GoldenCare. They were the name that was suggested and they were reasonable, so I tried it. The agent was really nice, too. However, I canceled that one because I did not feel like I wanted to put the money out. However, I also have a life insurance with them. Overall, I would recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

My husband and I had the fear of ending up in a nursing home. Our grandmother went to a nursing home and all of her money went towards the nursing home until she went out. We didn't wanna have that happen to us with our investment so we looked into long-term care. My husband did all the research on it and he found GoldenCare. He liked everything about it and decided to go with them. The gentleman that worked with us was very good and he answered all of our questions. We always had a conference call and he would meet with us at a time that was convenient for us. We would sit around the table with him on the phone and go over it all. He was very helpful. Working with GoldenCare has made us feel better. We feel confident now that we're gonna be taken care of if we ever need it and we have that in place. It gives us peace of mind.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I don't have a husband or a kid so I'll wind up in a nursing home unless I just die of a heart attack. I got GoldenCare for long-term care and the sales agent was very helpful and said, "Now, don't take this out unless you can afford it." He was very upfront about it. I needed a service and he provided it. I was comfortable with him. Having GoldenCare makes me feel more secure.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I’m old and I was looking into getting long-term care. I talked to Wayne, a rep from GoldenCare, and he was very nice and helpful. He helped me in making decisions about the long-term care. He did a good job, and I was very happy with the experience. I just pay $98 a month for the long-term care plan that I got. I’m a nurse, so I tell people all the time that they should get long-term insurance. I would tell people to go with Wayne.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I purchased some long-term care policies and several years ago, I bought from Wayne of GoldenCare. I had a good experience talking to him. He was very polite and nice and I didn’t feel threatened. I originally bought a policy through him and then later on, I bought another policy from the company. I value the coverage. I’m paying a lot of money so that when I’m old, I'll have a place to go.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

GoldenCare's rep was a go-getter and a salesman. He was very thorough in telling us what the plan would pay for and he was very good about saying what we'd get and how we were covered if we needed home health care. He did a good job presenting the plan. If we ever need it, we have it and I expect we’ll need it sooner or later. I know teachers have a good retirement. Plus, my husband has a pension and Social Security and I have Social Security, so we’re in good shape. But I also know that if we have a serious stroke and go into a nursing home or needed assisted living, our savings would get wiped out.

My dad was in assisted living for six years and when he went in, he owned a home, had 150,000 in savings, and received 2,000 a month in Social Security and pension. But that six years took everything. He was senile and was very physically active. He needed to be on the Alzheimer’s wing, which was 2,000 a month. So, having a long-term care plan is a good idea and I’d recommend GoldenCare.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

We are covered under GoldenCare if we need something in home health care all the way up to the skilled care unit. The agent we talked to answered all our questions and gave us what we could expect. He seemed very knowledgeable. We were very happy with what we got. Having GoldenCare gives us peace of mind. We are both on Medicare and a supplement, and if we have to go into a facility or have home health care, we know we are covered. Having it is a great idea, but we should have gone with it years ago because it is more expensive as one gets older. Nevertheless, it is worth it.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I've always wanted a long-term care and David, the rep who I worked with at GoldenCare, was very nice. He explained all the options and what my budget was so that I could afford it since there were different options with higher limits. We worked backwards to figure out what I could spend for a month and the cost turned out a good deal.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I know how much long-term care costs as I have an experience in my family. I have purchased GoldenCare long-term care through Mutual of Omaha. We decided to be with GoldenCare as they were recommended by the American Nurses Association. We conducted all of our business with them over the internet and through the telephone. Their sales agent was very knowledgeable. I'd recommend this company to friends.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Getting long-term care was a smart thing financially for my future and I’m anticipating the possibility of needing care when I get older. I ended up getting it from GoldenCare for myself because my husband is not eligible. However, I have not gotten many calls to review the policy and it would be good to review it on a regular basis. Also, the cost of the coverage is probably gonna continue to rise because people really need it even if they don’t know it. But overall I'm happy with the service.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I was not really impressed with GoldenCare's rep. He left this area and did not give me any contact information. The last time I tried to look him up, he was in Wisconsin. I thought I needed the number and a name in case I needed some information. I had to get a number offline, which I called and talked to somebody. GoldenCare's cost is high, but I'm not dissatisfied. However, they should offer unlimited plans. In the beginning, I was not very satisfied with them, but I have not had problems since then.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

We went through a broker when we signed up with GoldenCare. He looked at all different types of long-term care and we ended up getting a traditional long-term care policy because it seemed to be the best fit for us. Hopefully, the policy will cover 60% to 70% of our financial needs when we need it. The broker also told us to contact him whenever we wanted to enforce our policy but I was concerned if he would be responsive when we have issues or if he would be around five years from now. I also have a question on who to go to if he wouldn't be around in 10 years when we want to enforce the policy.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

We got a long term care because we're getting older and it might come in handy to have. I did some research online and I talked to four different people then I decided to go with GoldenCare. I talked to their guy on the phone and he gave us some solid advice. I felt comfortable working with their sales agent. But GoldenCare is sometimes a little slow on the callback. It could take them a day or two later to get back to me. Nevertheless, I would tell a friend that GoldenCare is a good solution for them.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I contacted two long-term care providers and the rep from GoldenCare seemed to have a little bit more information and a little bit more in depth in explaining the different policies and coverage. Also, he got back in touch with me a little bit quicker than the other company. The plan was reasonable so I went ahead and purchased it.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

We were encouraged by other people to get long-term care for my mother-in-law and we thought it would be a good idea. GoldenCare’s rep was very helpful and knowledgeable, plus he listened and explained things. It was a good experience.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

The GoldenCare long-term care plan is a little expensive. But I was willing to go ahead with it because of the overall experience and also all of the good words of mouth information that I got about the company and to ensure that if I needed it, I would have it. I liked working with their agent, Ron. He was very personable, very informative and just an all-around good agent. I would ask his opinion when I was trying to make a decision, and he would give me his personal opinion as well as all of the information about the company. I trusted his advice and he helped me to make some informed decisions. It would be great if I could use a credit card because I get 2% back on everything I purchase. But other than that, I'm totally satisfied with GoldenCare.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

We looked into having a long-term care for wealth preservation in case an event would happen with my wife and I. I'm sure we could be taken care of, whether it be doctors and nurse practitioners on our ends and I'm also sure we would be fine. But we have 10 children and we would be putting the burden down on them. We purchased a long-term care from GoldenCare a year ago. We had an initial conference call with Anthony and he ran us through on the call and showed us the different options. He was very knowledgeable and had his own examples of the pricing. I was impressed that he was very forthright with us. I felt good and my wife did too, so we moved out on it relatively fast. I got a traditional plan but it has little amendments as part of it, so I would still consider that plan as conventional. I would recommend other people to get a price from GoldenCare and have the same kind of dialogue we had to see if they would be interested.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

We did an Internet search for long-term care providers for my wife's parents. We ended up finding three different brokerage houses and Ronald from GoldenCare came up with the most favorable ratings. We contacted him for more information and he had a good product based on everything else we looked at. We set up a session where we had to gather information for him and then he was able to go over that with us on a video conference call online.

Ronald seemed to be very honest and knowledgeable. He understood our particular situation where we've got good finances and have financial planning going on. Also, he was able to get the right product for us and didn't oversell us on a bunch of stuff we didn't need. He told us the facts we needed based on the actuarial tables and care studies they've done. He also told us what a female and a male care would typically need.

Then Ronald laid the table out to us and said what coverage we would need and the partnership agreement we could get based on where we live in Iowa. He also told us the coverage protects some our assets as well in case we'd have extended long-term care. It'll help, but if we're gonna use it, it's not for very many years. It's just to make us comfortable at the end. But we wanted something that would do in-home, plus possible facility care. This very flexible option was Mutual of Omaha's product. So far, the coverage was slightly less based on the risk factors, but our premium was slightly less too. At the end of the day, we think it's a good policy.

GoldenCare expert review by Matthew Brodsky

In business since 1976, GoldenCare is a long-term care insurance broker. They operate in all 50 states and also offer critical care insurance, life insurance, Medicare advantage plans and supplements, annuities and identity theft protection.

• Long-term care insurance: GoldenCare can compensate caregivers for expenses like gas, caregiving necessities and lost income. Their policies cover personal and custodial care, home care and care in community settings.

• Critical illness insurance: Critical illness cash benefits are paid out on the diagnosis of a critical illness and has no restrictions on use. These policies cover major health conditions like stroke, heart attack, cancer, kidney failure and paralysis.

• Life insurance: GoldenCare offers several types of life insurance, including final expense life insurance, single premium life insurance, term life insurance, universal life insurance and whole life insurance.

• Medicare advantage plans: A Medicare advantage plan allows you to access your part A and part B Medicare benefits through a private provider. This coverage can include prescription drugs, discounts and extra services.

• Independent agents: GoldenCare’s salesforce is made up of over 80 percent independent agents.

• Best for: buyers who want to purchase multiple types of health insurance from a single provider.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky