4.60/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

GoldenCare

GoldenCare is a privately-held, long-term insurance broker. The products offered at GoldenCare are carefully selected only from top-rated carriers in the industry. GoldenCare also specializes in critical care insurance, Life/LTC hybrid insurance plans, Medicare supplements prescription drug coverage and more.

Visit our website today to learn more about our products and obtain a free quote!

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

GoldenCare Reviews

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

The company works together with the BHMS school in Switzerland in Lucerne. The first thing I want to note is that money is sent back for a very long time, I had to write and call the company constantly to find out when the money will be. When I called the hotline they said that it takes a month to return the money after submitting the documents, I waited 6 months and no one could give me an exact answer when my money will be, 4 months ago they answered me that the money for my first bill will come in a week but they didn’t come. The second invoice was sent $100 less than it was supposed to be, although the documents say exactly how much should be returned. Ignorance and minimal response to requests and questions, I am disappointed with this company, because if I had not written there every two weeks my money would not have returned.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Instead of burdening our children later on in life, we would like to be able to take that off all of our plates and be prepared. My husband heard about GoldenCare and that's who we went with. Their rep Warner took his time and he made several visits to our home to discuss all of our questions and to get everything worked out. We were happy with our experience. They have a fair price and we hope it doesn't go up in the future because that's a big chunk to come up with and that's about what we can afford.

Get expert buying tips about Long Term Care Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I'm old so I decided to look into getting a long-term care. I’ve got Mutual of Omaha supplement for about eight years and I’ve been very pleased with them so I went with GoldenCare. I went with the traditional long-term care for me and my wife. That was what satisfied my needs and I didn’t need the maximum of everything since I have a good retirement and I have a couple houses paid for. I just needed the stuff to take care of us if we get sick. However, the first guy that worked with me tried to talk me into more policy than what I really needed. He wasn’t somebody that was really trying to benefit me and my wife. Also, he took his shoes off at my table like he lived there. If it hadn’t been Mutual of Omaha, I probably would have looked somewhere else. But I called his boss about it. I would recommend GoldenCare.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I got information about long-term care insurance that was an offer for registered nurses so I answered that letter to inquire. We got a call and we got interested in long-term care insurance, and GoldenCare was something that offered a policy and a rider. The GoldenCare sales rep, Wayne, was informative and helpful. I had lots of questions and we went back and forth. We were able to obtain the policy. My husband is the policyholder and we had to do wellness evaluations for him. The policy is very expensive. It's like an investment we hope we never have to use, but are glad it's there if needed. It is something that we look at as a protection to our other assets in the event that we would need long-term care, although neither one of us seemed we are gonna need it anytime soon. It also has a coverage of caring for our own home and that's what is interesting with it too.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

The enrollment process with GoldenCare was painless. I had a good experience and the cost was a bargain. I would recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoldenCare?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I’m an old man and my wife is a registered nurse. She got information about GoldenCare through the Nurses Association. Going with GoldenCare worked out and everything was fine. They had a good price and good coverage. I purchased Long-Term Care and everything was as I would have expected it to be as far as the sales agent was. His customer service level was perfect. If I called him and left a message, he called me back. If I had a question, he had an answer. There was nothing negative about anything that happened or anything that has happened since. I’m happy with my insurance policy and I like the benefits that it has. My impression from working with them was that all they did was work with Nurses Associations, but I think they would do something for anybody. Other people should call this company.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

My parents both needed long-term care or they realized it's something they needed to prepare for. Plus, I'm in the healthcare industry so all the time, I see people not having insurance or have no way to survive when things happen which puts a big drain on the family. I bought a long-term healthcare insurance from GoldenCare. Somebody come to the house and worked with me and I was impressed with his knowledge of what he was doing. If you're in need of an insurance, you could deal with Steve and he'll do what you need him to do. They handled things smoothly like you would have expected.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I had always thought that getting long-term care in my mid-50s was something I wanted to do. I got on the internet and did some investigating and GoldenCare was one of those at the top 10. Steven of GoldenCar, took all my information and said he would do some investigating for me. Steven made it easy. He got back with me and just delivered the information in a very informative and down to business kind of way, so that it could be easily understood and explained everything including all those completed state laws, which I was lucky that Missouri happened to have some laws that were better than other states. He explained the options, the price and the procedure in going forward. He outlined everything really well. When we were able to talk about specifics, it was more than satisfactory. I got a long-term policy that would cover both in-home care and nursing home.

Luckily, it was a good match because he had a lot of things to look through. I have a really good health history so he was able to find something that was beyond what I would hope for as far as coverage and price. He also asked about my spouse because there would have been an additional discount. Because of his health situation, we didn't qualify for him but Steven introduced me to something that I wasn't at all aware of, which we ended up purchasing and that was an in-home care assistance.

Given my husband's disease process and the fact it's automatic cancellation for any long-term care, I'm just kind of shocked that I'm a nurse, yet I wasn't aware that he would qualify for anything like that. It was kind of an episode kind of based thing that would reset after so many days if you didn't need it, which really fit my husband's disease process. That ended up being kind of a Godsent too or a relief for us that we have something in place there when we didn't think we were going to. Steven streamlined the actual paperwork really well too because he had this online presentation that he did when he made the appointment with me when I would get on my computer and then he would get on his. When we did the paperwork signing it was all through there, so it was like "Wow! Can you make this any easier?"

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

We looked into getting a policy because of the prospect of getting incapacitated and having to be in a nursing home then having to sell everything that you own so that you can get on Medicaid. If you don’t have nursing home insurance then your children won’t inherit any of your property or money. We worked with Steve from GoldenCare and he was as good as he could have been. He was from down south in Kentucky and he came all the way up to Indiana to sit with us. He had some books and he showed us what they could do and what we could get. He was very professional. He showed us different things, and my wife and I were impressed with it. We picked one then we wrote checks. The experience was good and now, I feel confident that if we need any help, Steve will help us. I’d also recommend him to a friend.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I'm getting older and I talked to GoldenCare's agent over the phone. He came and talked to us and we decided in one trip what we were doing. We ended up purchasing the long-term care for me and my wife. It runs about 120,000 apiece and it increases by 3% per year. Our agent was helpful in terms of questions I had afterward and I've had no problem since. I'd recommend GoldenCare.

GoldenCare expert review by Matthew Brodsky

In business since 1976, GoldenCare is a long-term care insurance broker. They operate in all 50 states and offer critical care insurance, life insurance, Medicare Advantage plans and supplements, annuities and identity theft protection.

• Long-term care insurance: GoldenCare can compensate caregivers for expenses like gas, caregiving necessities and lost income. Their policies cover personal and custodial care, home care and care in community settings.

• Critical illness insurance: Critical illness cash benefits are paid out on the diagnosis of a critical illness and has no restrictions on use. These policies cover major health conditions like stroke, heart attack, cancer, kidney failure and paralysis.

• Life insurance: GoldenCare offers several types of life insurance, including final expense life insurance, single premium life insurance, term life insurance, universal life insurance and whole life insurance.

• Medicare advantage plans: A Medicare Advantage plan allows you to access your part A and part B Medicare benefits through a private provider. This coverage can include prescription drugs, discounts and extra services.

• Independent agents: GoldenCare’s salesforce is made up of over 80 percent independent agents.

• Best for: buyers who want to purchase multiple types of health insurance from a single provider.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky