4.61/5
Based on 91 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

GoldenCare is a privately-held, long-term insurance broker. The products offered at GoldenCare are carefully selected only from top-rated carriers in the industry. GoldenCare also specializes in critical care insurance, Life/LTC hybrid insurance plans, Medicare supplements prescription drug coverage and more.

Visit our website today to learn more about our products and obtain a free quote!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 4, 2018

91 GoldenCare Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I'm 71 and I wanted to have a backup long term care. My husband is in an assisted living place right now so I'm using his long-term care insurance. I checked with my financial adviser and they thought GoldenCare had a very good rate. I decided that it might be a good idea to get one myself. I'm a nurse and Illinois Nurse Association was able to get me a better rate. In addition the gentleman I talked to was very helpful and adorable.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I have long-term care insurance through Mutual of Omaha and got it two years back. It had good home care coverage. My interaction with the sales rep of GoldenCare was fine. He was professional and knowledgeable, and I felt completely comfortable working with him.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I’ve had several friends whose parents got sick and they lost everything they’ve had so we decided that we’ve worked too hard to get everything and we don’t want to lose everything for the kids. We purchased a long-term care from GoldenCare almost a year and a half ago. Our sales agent, Ron, was nice. He answered all the questions we had and explained everything. I was happy with him. GoldenCare is something I bought and never want to use, but I’m happy with what I got and it’s what I was looking for. I don’t have to worry about being taken advantage of so I like that. The cost is reasonable so far. They always say that there are no increases in their price and it’s always what we expect so we’re happy.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I was in charge of my mother’s care - she had dementia. good thing, she had VA benefits that helped her out. I don’t have that. So, getting long-term care seemed like a smart thing to do. There’s no way to really subsidize that expense if you don’t have masses of retirement funds. GoldenCare was recommended by the ANNA. They had some special benefits for nurses. I had compared it to a couple of others and it seemed better so they won. The policy I got was thorough and even though I cringe every time I have to pay that annual fee, it gave a lot of flexibility in terms of choices between home and facility. And even though I could break down the fee, I don’t want to pay for it every month. It's far easier than $6000 a month later on.

The person I spoke with was really good about explaining everything. His name is Harry and I called him several times with more questions, and he was always good about answering them. I am impressed with his ability to inform and he did that pretty thoroughly, giving me information to read over. I don’t remember feeling pressured. Because if I was, I won't buy their product. Overall, even without dementia, I would still need some kind of help as I age because I have no children. I bought Golden Care for the future and having this coverage, I have peace of mind that my cost will be handled for the most part.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I'm a sickler and I don't want to have to go to a nursing home if something happens to me. Also, I'm nine years older than my husband and he's a busy farmer and he won't have time to take care of me. We wanted to get insurance to help if something happened to one of us. The GoldenCare representative answered our questions. We both got the long-term care but its cost is high though. I suggest that you look into GoldenCare.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoldenCare?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Both my husband's mother and my uncle had to use long-term care and we know how it drained their finances. Our financial advisor recommended GoldenCare and did most of the paperwork for us. It seemed like it was a good deal and a good plan for what we were thinking. We purchased the traditional long-term care plan from them and if we never use it, then we'd get reimbursed for it too. I’m a nurse, so I’m hoping my husband won’t need it but if he does, then we have it. And that's kind of what we were looking at. Also, the process of getting it was fine and simple and we've had peace of mind since having it. We're happy with it.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

The rep was very helpful and very good to work with. I get billed for the long-term care every month, and I know I have something in place if I needed it sometime in the future. However, I don't really hear much back from the company and that's the only thing that could be improved. I would like to know that we really are doing the right things and things are in place, or just to hear from them what's going on. There needs to be more of where you feel like you're followed up with in the future and maybe once in a while. GoldenCare should be making sure if people’s needs are met, and if they have any questions, the company should let these people know that they are there for them. That's important to me. I would refer GoldenCare in a long time.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

My husband died with United of Omaha, which is one of the Mutual of Omaha thing. They were one of the few insurance places that did not put me through endless paperwork wherein it was all handled with a phone call. GoldenCare is through Mutual of Omaha as well and we had a positive experience with them where everything was handled with well.

I got GoldenCare a little more than a year ago and just got a note through the Nurses Association after the first year saying that some benefits had been increased without an increased premium, so that was good news. It said, "Mail the card back if you’re interested in long-term care," so I did and then got a call from Stephanie. She was the person the card went to evidently. We talked about what I wanted and what my plans were when I could no longer live at home.

She then suggested GoldenCare as the best option for me and I knew things would be handled without putting through unnecessary misery. I consented to have them look at medical records. They also had a nurse come out and put me through the interview. As a result of an MRI that showed some spinal stenosis, I had to pay the first 90 days. It was a one-day time thing, which would have been waivered had that not evidently been there. We went with the plan that eliminated that waiver. Other than that, it was the same thing pretty much that we had discussed. It would pay for care in the home for as long as I can. But it will cover the inpatient situation too because we’d all get there eventually.

Stephanie was very helpful and nice. She would listen and if I have a question, she would answer. She also gave me alternate names just in case I needed to talk to someone for whatever reason she wasn’t available. There was a lot of back and forth over several phone calls. There was an issue at one point with the wrong social security number going on the policy and she worked with me to get that corrected. I said I wanted something in writing, stating that it had been corrected and she worked with them to get me that so that things could go forward and wouldn’t all go in under the wrong social which would have been a disaster.

There is peace of mind there knowing that one more piece is taken care of so that when the time comes all we’d have to do is make a phone a call and start the process. And then, GoldenCare kicked and of course as time went on, there’d still be portions of it that I have to pay because these things always go up. Right now, my plan is to go into one of those nice little villas. Like my mother, she and my dad started out in an independent living apartment and they were at a place where she could graduate to assisted living, and then into the nursing home towards the end of her life. My son would take over with bill paying when I can’t do it and the rest would be nursing care and a little housekeeping services at some point. I’d recommend GoldenCare.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

My wife is not nearly as healthy as I would like to see her at her age. The GoldenCare sales rep that I've spoken with was very knowledgeable, professional and he knew what he wanted to show us. We had a few things that he had to call the headquarters to verify. I wouldn't have gone ahead in getting their long-term care, but the way he explained it to us, I felt that it could possibly be advantageous to us in protecting our assets and different things. We also took his advice on some things. Having GoldenCare has given us a little ease of mind.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

My mom had long-term care insurance and she ended up using it. So, I thought that it would be beneficial for me to have a policy for long-term care as well. The GoldenCare sales agent seems knowledgeable about the policies and what was available. I talked to her on the phone and she came back with policy recommendations for me and my husband. I purchased the policy, and the bills automatically come out of my account, so I don’t have to worry about it.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I want to be taken care of when I get old and I thought long-term care was something I should have. GoldenCare has a policy for Pennsylvania Nurses so I purchased one from them. I talked with someone and did everything over the phone. Their sales agent answered all my questions and was very good to deal with. The process worked and now, I know I have something when I need it.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I was taking care of my elderly mother and she had long-term care. That showed me how much I needed it myself so I started looking into getting one a couple of years ago. I talked to a representative of GoldenCare and got a traditional plan. Yet, I would like to have it cost less.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I was looking at the cost of nursing homes and GoldenCare had what I wanted at a reasonable price. The purchasing went very well and there were no problems with the girl I dealt with. I’m satisfied with what I have and I had a good experience with them.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

My mother has been in a nursing home since October 2012. She is getting assisted living services which costs $10,000 a month. My husband and I were helping supplement her bill every month since we didn’t want to lose any property she had. Fortunately, I ended up finding something a little less expensive because we couldn't afford $10,000 each if my husband and I would ever end up in a nursing home. We bought the traditional policy for $7000 a month from GoldenCare where they would pay up to five years. The rep came to the house and was very helpful and nice. When he left, some of the policy had to be adjusted because we wanted a deal where they would cover us forever instead of just five years. However, even though I’m very healthy, I’m a little overweight and don’t take any medicine, so they had to let me be covered for five years if I were to go to a nursing home. We made a good choice and we’re happy with it.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

We have had GoldenCare for two years now. Our agent, Steve, was really laid back, but he knew what he was doing and what he was looking for. I called him and he showed up, and then we signed up for the policy. When he got on the computer, he did a really good job. I hate insurance where my retirement pay goes, but our experience going through and getting our GoldenCare policy went well.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Our financial adviser advised us into getting long-term care. I then looked into GoldenCare and spoke with a gentleman who presented the information and gave us options that were different and that I perceived to be better for us. We purchased the traditional long-term care from GoldenCare. Our experience with the salesperson was great and low pressure. He discussed several different options and got information from us. He then made another appointment to come back. One option was not available for my husband but was available for myself and he explained why.

He gave us the information why he was not eligible and we took care of getting the paperwork signed and all the payment information set up. So, it went on over a process of about six weeks. I have peace of mind that part of the investments that I have will be protected under the plan and that was not available for my husband, as well as peace of mind that our children won't have to worry about this part of our care as we age.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

We didn’t want to put our kids in a position that's going to cost them time away from their job to take care of us. Our daughter has health issue so we didn't want her to take care of us during our time of need. My husband did a research and found that GoldenCare was more cost-effective. We were actually going to another company but the agent of that company didn't follow through. He wasn't accurate and wasn't trustworthy. So, we had that cancelled and then we went with GoldenCare and got their traditional long-term plan. We hope that GoldenCare's coverage will help us stay at our home and get care within the home before we have to go to any type of long-term care facility. Others should check GoldenCare out too.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Being in the health field, I know that I don't have anybody and I'm going to need some assistance as I get older. GoldenCare is cheaper to get it earlier. I had the health insurance years ago and I know it's a good company. When they sent out a card and inquired, I followed up on it. The guy who helped me was very knowledgeable. Evidently, he helped developed some of the products available. He knew the product and he individualized it to what I wanted. He also knew the answers to my questions.

The service a little expensive and the guy asked if I would be able to afford it if there was an increase in the monthly premium. At that time I was working and I said yes. But now, I can't do it if it goes any higher. Other than that, I recommended GoldenCare and my sister and brother-in-law ended up getting some too. But my brother-in-law has a lot of health issues and wasn’t able to take this packet to where the agent ended up helping and getting him something and following through with it. GoldenCare is an excellent policy and it's necessary. I recommend at least listening to see what they have to offer because with healthcare, you won't be getting any care but just getting observation then you're pushed out on your own.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Something has been going on in our minds for a while and we just decided to get a long-term care. GoldenCare’s sales agent seemed to be good, but it was a hassle to get the insurance rating that we thought we should get. Golden Care was looking for things to jack up the rate on over what we originally thought it would be. Also, we had to do a lot with letters from doctors, but we got the outcome that we needed.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

GoldenCare had better rates than other companies and bought my policy through Mutual of Omaha. At first, I was going to do a monthly payment and then my agent helped me get the quarterly program started because it was cheaper and less hassle. But the only trouble was Mutual of Omaha tried to sell me a couple of other insurance things that I wasn’t interested in and I was annoyed about that. Other than that, GoldenCare is like an investment policy and their coverage gets better every year. It goes up 3% a year, just like an investment. My coverage actually gets better with age with this type of thing. So I'd recommend it.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I'm getting old, I've got a few assets and was looking for a way to protect them. GoldenCare's sales agent seemed to be friendly. A lot of times we went through the sign-up process, he explained it and he did a good job with everything. But the insurance got the point where it's pricey for what I'd get out of it. I can't afford to spend more. I can die. I'm a single man and I've got four daughters. They're young but I'm getting up in age and what concerns me is I don't have somebody in life to care for me unless I hire somebody who had to do it and that was the point in getting the nursing home insurance, to deal over that situation if I needed to.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

My husband, Dave, and I did our will and talked to our estate planner about what we can do to help protect our assets if something happened to us. He felt that it was a good thing to do long-term care, so we contacted Ron of GoldenCare and he talked to us. We went through the process together and ended up getting it done. I don't really know that much about long-term care policy, so he just helped us provide one that helped cover us at a reasonable rate. He was very nice to work with and he also helped Dave get something. Dave was turned down for a policy like I have because of all his surgeries but Ron was able to find an alternative for him that is not as good as mine but will help if something happens.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

Getting long-term care seemed like the smart thing to do. I was not anxious to be a burden to my family, and since I could afford it, I did it. We had our mind made up that we were going to do it, and Michael was thorough and knowledgeable. The experience went very well. GoldenCare helped me find the best policy that was available at the time and I was very pleased. Knowing that no matter what happens, we’ve got it at least partially covered, if not all, is a little stronger than peace of mind.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

My husband encouraged me to get into long-term care. He looked into it and got GoldenCare for me. The rep, Anthony, was great and he was pleasant to deal with. He explained things and he knew all of the answers to our questions, but if he didn’t, he got back to us. I was very comfortable working with him. My husband pays for my GoldenCare and he thinks they're wonderful. Overall, my experience with GoldenCare has been fine.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I’m a nurse, and I was concerned about getting long-term care as I get older. GoldenCare's rep contacted me and did a very good presentation online. In addition, he was very informative. He compared the pros and cons of the policy I chose compared to other policies. All in all, he was fine. However, I wish he followed up with me after I got the policy or asked if I had any questions since I haven't heard from him since. I got the traditional long-term and my coverage has increased at a rate I wasn’t told it would increase by.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

My wife and I have no children so we figured that sooner or later we might wind up in a nursing home, so we checked into a few of them and GoldenCare seemed to be the best. Their representative was very informative and she knew what was going on. Their cost is pretty high, though, but so are the other ones. Give this company a call.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I was getting up in age and I felt that I ought to have something that will take care of me in my olden days so my kids won't have to. Purchasing a long term care with GoldenCare was non-high pressure.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I needed to have long-term care so I reached out to the rep, Ronald because he contacted the nurses at my medical facility and said that they were there from North Orleans. All our correspondence was done via telephone conversations. Ronald was very knowledgeable about the different products and understood what my needs were and was able to make arrangements. We had the evaluations done at a time that works for me. The process was very smooth and seamless. I have recommended GoldenCare to my friends. Although I haven’t had to utilize the long-term healthcare coverage I purchased, I’m anticipating a great return on my investments.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I’m a retired nurse and I had thought about long-term care for a while. I thought having one was the thing to do. If I could avoid problems for our kids, I would like do that. Our GoldenCare agent was very nice and helpful. We did a lot of emailing. I had to have a bone density test done and he explained why it was necessary. He also answered all my questions and made me feel that GoldenCare was a responsible company and it will be there when I needed it. He recommended a policy and we thought that was probably the one we could afford. It can be used at different levels of care like in-home care, assisted living or long-term care. I have some security knowing that I have this plan in place.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

We had experience with long-term care because my in-laws had it. It was good so we felt like we should get it as well. I contacted GoldenCare through something I received in the mail from Indiana Nursing Association. A man came out representing several companies and showed us a couple of different products he had. He also talked about what we wanted to accomplish and even advised us which product he thought was the best choice. When he started telling us about the prices, we told him we didn’t want to pay quite much so he sold us the product that way. He was very nice and we were satisfied working with him. We will tell people looking into long-term insurance how we got ours.

GoldenCare Company Information

goldencare.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use