MetLife Long Term Care

Compare Long Term Care Insurance Providers

Research top Long Term Care Insurance Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

So I guess you pay thousands of dollars year after year for insurance protection you hope you never need. Then the time comes and you need LTC for your elderly family and guess what? MetLife NEVER CALLS BACK. So good luck getting "Long Term Care" before you die waiting for a call back. As well, you cannot submit a complaint on the phone! Well, try calling their corporate office on the east coast! I had to call several times to get that number. For now, be warned and save your money. Better yet, find a reputable insurance company because MetLife IS NOT the one you can count on!

Although the experience was okay and they were nice to me, customer service was not at all like what I had been expecting from them would be like. They don't handle questions very well. It's also harder to come to terms that you need their company in the first place. I did not like my policy options at all too. I am paying out of my butt to have certain coverage from them but they aren't covering everything I was told that they would cover. I am very disappointed with them and I would probably be better off paying out of pocket.

I enjoy using customer services and never have problems. They are always considerate and they help with my questions. They are always there to listen and they don't rush you off like others do. They help you decide what is best for you. The policies and packages, their prices and the options are great. There are diff ones, life insurance, car, etc. They keep your stuff private. The long term care insurance coverage is great. You can choose what you want to be covered for, when, how long, etc.

Good people on the other end of phone. Also, the gentleman that assisted me in person was both knowledgeable and helpful. They are always there to answer questions and the web page is also a great resource to use. The options are very helpful and could cater to your situation. You are not stuck with one and these options were clearly listed. Also, the coverages are very easy to understand and are more than acceptable and affordable. You will be living comfortably in the end. Of course, you get what you pay for in this situation. However, you could spend on something else but not nearly as helpful for your security. So the perceived value of their coverage is excellent.

They know how to handle my needs and were nice to me. They are willing to help and are very understanding. Also, I can cancel the account whenever I want and my payment options are comfortable. I love the policy and the coverage is awesome. It covers everything including my medical exams and visits with the doctor. The value is fair and I get what I pay for.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MetLife?

The insurance policy is through my employer. There were not many options. The only options I could make was how much money I wanted to put into the policy. But it is valuable in the event that something was to happen. The policy can save a fortune on expenses that would otherwise be expensive. Also, providing my family with some means of income.

My experience with customer service has been positive. All my questions were answered and any issues were resolved in a reasonable time. The policy options were clear and easy to understand. They had many and flexible options allowing me to choose one that fit my specific needs. The representative was also helpful and explained the coverage to me so that I could choose a policy that had the coverage I wanted. The value of my Long Term Care Insurance is what I was looking for. It was not too expensive and yet not too cheap as to question its quality.

Customer service is great. They are fast and efficient and very, very nice people. They make sure all your accommodation and needs are met and that's why I'd recommend this to anyone. Lots of different policy options to choose from so that's really good and I appreciate that because I honestly didn't know what to do before I heard about this. Coverage is great. I'm definitely satisfied with the coverage. It's just what I need and I'm glad they cover their customers or else I wouldn't be with them. Their value is pretty decent. It could have been a little bit more cheaper but I appreciate it and couldn't have found a better company.

I am sending this review in the hopes that someone out there can lend us a helping hand with this Goliath corporation MetLife. My husband is a Vietnam Veteran residing in an assisted living facility. We purchased a MetLife Long Term Care Policy for him on March 12, 2003. Since that time we have diligently paid the $884.88 annual premium, never being late or missing a payment.

Now that my husband is in dire need of the monetary benefit that MetLife guaranteed in the policy, the company is stalling and prolonging the claim process in an effort to avoid fulfilling their contractual obligation to reimburse us for our out of pocket expense for the cost of residing in the assisted living facility, as well as "home care" expenses.

We have met all the criteria and stipulations of the policy, including the 30 day waiting period. As of today, November 29, 2016, my husband has been residing in the assisted living for 60 days, 30 days past MetLife's self imposed waiting period limit. Because of MetLife's failure to honor their legal and moral obligation (and the fact we have no more resources to cover the cost of assisted living), I face the reality of having to move my husband back to our rental home.

This house is not equipped with any apparatuses (grab bars in the shower or bathrooms) to assist him. Neither do I have the medical expertise and the professional/healthcare knowledge in caring and taking care of my husband. Due to the fact that he is highly susceptible to falling, this environment dramatically increases his probability of falling and incurring serious bodily harm.

I have made numerous attempts to resolve this matter with MetLife, going so far as to establish contact with their corporate office. However, these attempts solicited either no response, stalling tactics, circumvention of the truth, or given the runaround from representatives from MetLife. MetLife enjoying portraying itself as a magnanimous corporation that donates millions to various charities, including veteran's organizations. But when it comes to fulfilling their financial obligation to an individual veteran, their purse strings tighten and they prolong payment as long as possible.

The customer service representatives were very helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable about insurance and explaining how everything worked. I was very pleased with their service. The customer service representatives were very helpful at helping me find coverage that would be able to cover my mother's needs. They made everything seem so easy.

The customer service for Metlife is awesome. They are always ready and available to answer your call and address any problems you might have. They are very reliable. The policy options are very good as you are able to choose the coverage that is applicable to you. The coverage premiums are also very reasonable. You are able to choose from different options which make it more affordable for everyone. The value of the insurance policy is effective as you get more that what you pay for in terms of premium. Essentially, it all depends on the policy options.

My company used to do business with MetLife, but they've dropped them for good reason. We could choose to stay with them and I did. Not only have I had to call multiple times to get my personal information updated, but they can't get my billing correct. They are overcharging me and no one can explain why. I've asked to speak to a manager, but am told the manager is not available and I'll get a callback. I have been a long time client and deserve to be treated with respect. I've never filed a claim, they've just been racking in my premiums and this is the treatment I get for years of my business? Time for a change. I now see why my company left them.

Everyone there at the customer service is very good. I like the fact they take time to answer my questions. They are very nice and helpful. The policy options, I like the fact that they verify your contact stuff. They are very nice and remind you of the policy. They do not let any of your information slip. The overall coverage is very very very good. I do recommend this insurance company. You will not be disappointed because they take their time to talk to you and understand you. The value of the insurance company is okay. I do like it a lot. I cannot complain, but I don't like that sometimes the calls or website glitches.

I have never had to use this service yet since my insurance is for later on in case I need it but I am sure it will be just fine since it is from Met Life. The policy was chosen for me by family members and I was told they had many options to choose from and all very very good and reasonably priced compared to others that they had researched. My policy covers if I have to go in a nursing home or need recovery therapy or home hospice. I am really not sure as I have not needed this sort of thing yet but the website is very informative so I am sure it can answer all questions one might have. I have no idea what this policy cost my family and I really wish they really would not have gotten it for me but they were concerned about my health as I got older (even though I have never been sick in my entire life). It must be reasonable as they work in retail and do not have much to spend and they said it was the best for the value.

I haven’t had to do much with the customer service as it's set up through my place of employment which makes it easy. The policy is easy to understand and covers what I have very well that I feel my family should never have a question when it may be time to use this insurance. I feel like my coverage will take care of me very well and fits my needs being a young adult. I am very satisfied with what I have... As I am cheap and don’t like to spend money on extra insurances it’s not my favorite thing I see come out of my check but I have to remember that I will want/need it later in life and I will be very thankful for it then.

They are very professional and efficient. They do most of the work for you. There was a little bit of paperwork, but not too much. You should consider MetLife. I have peace now. They have a large variety of policy options available to you. You have to choose the one that will ultimately be best for you and your family. I have peace knowing my family won't have to struggle. They will cover all my care should I ever require long-term care. I'm so glad I have this insurance. I won't have to worry, and neither will my family. MetLife provides you with a good value. The price is not nearly as high as you would think it is. It's definitely worth the peace of mind for you and your family.

I love the customer service of MetLife. They have become one of the popularity in the United states. I would recommend these to everybody. They are very honest and have much respect for the customers, well mannered. The policy was very hard to understand but since you read the terms of it it is very understanding. I had to get my lawyer to help to make decision with them and I pick the right company to myself. The coverage was full and honest with the value. I would tell everyone to get the best for the best. It is worth it. You wouldn't waste your money on nothing. My money was well spent on this company. I pay every month to them. I would let everyone know to be with them and to get up hurry and sign up.

The customer service they provide at MetLife is truly exceptional. They were so kind and helpful and made sure I understood all of my options and helped me select what best fit my needs. At MetLife they had plenty of policy option that customer care went over with me. I let them know what I was looking for and what I could honestly afford and the helped me choose one that best fits my needs at a price I could afford. The coverage offered by MetLife is amazing, given what I knew I could I afford it went in expecting very little but was shown something affordable and more than worth it is definitely walked away feeling secure. The value of what I was offered by MetLife is more than what I pay it truly is affordable their customers care and service also make its value much higher I couldn't expect anything more

There are many different policies to choose from and can be somewhat intimidating for someone who does not understand the differences between all of the plans. The coverage seems to be broad enough to cover any needs that may arise in the future as I get older. The price I pay for the plan I chose seems to be comparable with other similar companies' offerings.

Customer service is great, but like many businesses, it doesn't feel like they genuinely care or wish to go out of the way to keep you as a Customer. Policy options are standard, you won't really find anything fancy or different from any other long-term care facility policy company, or other insurance companies. Overall coverage is standard, but not superb. It covers only the basic essentials and not a whole lot of anything else that I feel is the company going out of their way. I will say that the value for the policies and coverage you get are also fairly standard, you get what you pay for, and Nothing More than that, really.

The customer service wasn't the best, but I was satisfied and happy enough with it. The customer service line seemed busy and when I tried to call they weren't that helpful. There were plenty of policy options to pick from. I'd highly recommend MetLife for this reason. They offer many options such as auto insurance, life insurance, etc. I'm happy with the overall coverage, but not enough to recommend it to friends/family. The coverage left me satisfied and happy with MetLife. MetLife is good for its value, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap for good insurance company. I get a lot of coverage for such a low price.

There were quite a few options that I had through my employer's website to customize it. So overall because of all the options I'm very pleased and happy with the service and options available to me. My coverage is everything that I would need and ask for. I would be more than fully covered if something happened to myself to keep myself and my family safe and covered. Great value for what we get coverage-wise. The ability to customize it with the many available options and the pricing was sensational. With all those considered it's very valuable.

When my mother finally went into a nursing home with AD, we were relieved to find out she had a long term care policy with MetLife. Living out of state, we needed to transport my mother by ambulance. The bill was $7000.00. Transportation was covered through her policy. However, Medicare paid, $650.00 of that bill. Guess what? If Medicare pays even one penny toward a bill, MetLife pays $0.00. The way my story ended. I submitted all charges incurred while in the nursing home. MetLife total contribution: $0.00. NOTHING. They covered NOTHING. Do not be duped. This is a cash cow for MetLife. They know the numbers, what % go into a home, how long they live there, what Medicare covers. DESPICABLE!

I understand making a profit. But making 100% profit preying off the fear of older adults... just wow! Not to mention I spent hour after hour being transferred and repeating the story over and over and being mailed the wrong forms, etc. They are an ABSOLUTE mess! So I will resort to writing reviews. Please if your parents are considering such a policy, have an attorney read it prior to committing to it. I always thought Snoopy was a good guy, not so MetLife!!!

Trying to obtain benefits, have talked to at 4 different agents after submitting 8 pages in a claim form that was sent. I have a healthcare aide that comes to my home from an agency that qualifies thru Medicare that assists me in helping me personally & doing chores in my home. My disability has interfered with normal daily routines. I was told I do not qualify for benefits "according to page 10 on my policy". The agent had me so upset I broke down. I sleep in a hospital bed, use a CPAP machine, use of a walker is every day.

To qualify I have to be nearly dependent on someone to bath and dress me like an invalid. I pay the agency 23.50 an hour and have a 100 hour requirement for LTC. $222.00 is my monthly payment to MetLife. It's no wonder seniors are just giving up. When I signed up I had no idea there were so many loopholes. I trusted this would take care of my needs when the original agent sold me this policy. I'm not sure I should continue with LTC.

I love online services and they have awesome employees that are always available when I need their help. Love that they have up to date services also. They are always available and provide the best overall experience for me no matter what. I love that they are always conveniently accessed whenever I need them. It is a package designed with my family's best interest in mind and I know that I am making the smartest decision possible by keeping my business with them. I absolutely do not know of a more personalized better service that could be offered to my family. This is truly the perfect choice for us.

Easy to work with, friendly, reliable and honest. Timely and responsive. Take you and your problems seriously. Never had a problem when working with them. Many options that are all very easy to read and understand. If you don't understand it is easy to find a more detailed and simpler explanation. The coverage is very good. I feel like I am getting the most for my money and time spent deciding what I would like. Always someone to explain coverage for you which is nice. What you are paying is very reasonable and worth it for the product you are getting as well as the people who have to work with. Very reasonable and valuable.

I haven't had a lot of experience but I’ve called once and it was great. Very easy to deal with and best experience. Great policy options. I made a personalized package just for me and I feel more secure than ever in my decisions. MetLife has been the best option for me and I love it. Great coverage. I feel set for life and never feel like I have to worry about my family after I pass or after I get deathly ill. Thank you MetLife. MetLife is a great value. I've never felt cheated in any way. The cost is low and efficient for me and my family.

They've been good and are pretty good with the phones. People are pretty nice and they answer questions. Plus I love that snoopy promotes them! The Policy options are fairly varied. I have found a helpful one for myself my family and my future. I am currently happy with it. There were enough for me to find the right one The coverage seems to cover what I need it to and makes me feel fairly safe. I think this was the right choice for us and think we are getting the care that we need and deserve. The price we've paid has been doable and a simple experience. We are getting what we pay for so I am happy with those results. Seems to work for us.

Professional and helpful agents who are well educated and knowledgeable about their job. Both on and off the phone, my experiences have made calling for information a breeze. I currently have no complaints or issues with my policy and all that entails. I am happy with the care I'm receiving. Do not have a bad review at this moment. Coverage is exactly what I needed and wanted. It fits my life needs and was flexible in giving me all of the long range options I desired. Money doesn't grow on trees, that's for sure. In this area, I don't have to worry about my pockets getting lighter. I am very pleased.

I contacted customer service once and they were kind and courteous. They helped me answer my questions and did so in a timely manner. Very helpful. They have a good variety and are comparable to other companies and their policies. They had what I needed and wanted and for onto my life's needs. The coverage is fair and comparable to other companies. It fit my needs and was just right for me. Good value for the money. The coverage is fair and equal to others. It is good customer service. I would recommend to others. The customer service is good.

MetLife Long Term Care Company Profile