MetLife Long Term Care

Compare Long Term Care Insurance Providers

Research top Long Term Care Insurance Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

MetLife’s policy options were extensive making it easy for everyone to receive the type of coverage that they desired. I am getting everything that I need and the rates are much better than the ones I researched with other companies making it accessible to people of various income. Plus, the numerous options make it easy for people to choose what is best suited for their needs. I like to get as many details as possible when it comes to purchasing items. The customer service representatives answered all my questions and were very professional.

MetLife has the best value for your money. They’re very cheap and I’m covered from head to toe. The customer service representatives are professional and prompt. They make sure they handle whatever issue or concern you may have. I would recommend this company to anyone of my friends and relatives.

They have policies that are easy to understand and you can always find something that fits your situation. Prices are reasonable and policies are written so everyday people can understand them. I feel secure with my policy and do not worry about problems if I have to use it. All my needs are taken care of with my policy and my family will be take care of in case my policy has to be used. I'm always informed when changes are needed or made in policy coverage.

My money is always spent wisely with the policies and I never have to pay extra for coverage that I don't need. I'm assured that my money is being spent on the best coverage and I'm not throwing away money for unnecessary coverage. When I have a problem I am always able to speak to someone from the United States. Their representatives are knowledgeable and show genuine care. I never have to worry about being transferred or having to wait a long time for my call to be answered.

MetLife is reliable, reasonable and secure. The kind of insurance everyone would want for themselves. Dependable. I trust them with my family. They covers kids of all ages and adults as well. They also pretty much cover various insurances and work with people if your insurance does not cover necessities. Their policy is best for me and my family. They work with you based on each individual situation. They have various payment plans and payment options. The value of the insurance is worth the risk. The quality is top notch and I would recommend this company to anyone looking for something worthwhile.

I called MetLife to address a concern. For some reason I couldn't pay through online crediting but, customer service help me clear this up really well. They help with everything. The options range from life insurance with mild illness and you can also get family insurance and burial insurance. As long as you keep up with your premium the quality of services will be exceeded. If you stop payment the previous payments don't matter and still belong to them, after they drop your coverage. There can always be better options and better choices. But if you want someone that will be there in your time of distress, they will come to your aid. It may be a costly penny but it's definitely worth it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MetLife?

The policy options overall are great. There have been a couple times where certain services were not covered, but that is pretty rare. All basic needs that I can think of are fully covered. There have been a couple services from specialists that were not. However, those instances are few and far between. Overall I feel like I have pretty adequate coverage. The payments have all been reasonable, especially considering the coverage that is received. There have not been any moments that I've been frustrated with the cost or feel like I'm being ripped off. It feels like an honest company. Whenever I've had the need to make a phone call, I'm treated with a friendly and knowledgeable rep. They are helpful and try their best to be quick and efficient. It has always been pleasant.

MetLife is a great value. It is amazing. I've never felt cheated in any way. I feel set for life and the cost is low and efficient for me and my family. They have great policy options. I made a personalized package just for me and I feel more secure than ever in my decisions. MetLife has been the best option for me and I love it. I haven't had a lot of experience but I've called once and it was great. Very easy to deal with and best experience. Great coverage. I never feel like I have to worry about my family after I pass or after I get deathly ill. Thank you MetLife.

Lots of rules for claims and no one from the company communicates with customers. Followed the written instructions given for claims. Was told they no longer apply. Asked for the new rules in writing and was told that they could not send them. If you call to ask questions of different representatives they give differing answers. Not at all customer friendly. Did I say zero communication! Nothing you send in gets confirmed for receipt. Claims rejected get no notice, you have to keep up with what was not paid. Then when you call in and correct whatever issue they had with the claim and resubmit it gets denied again, with no notice or communication, did I say no communication. When you call back you are told it was denied due to the instruction of the person who said it was denied the first time and to resubmit the way it was done in the first place. Do not question them. They get irate and insinuate you are trying to falsify claims.

Good peoples! When we spoke it seemed like they were genuinely trying to help me out. I've spoken with other financial advisors and they in some way seem to be motivated by commission. Metlife's policy included several options in case there was accidental death or dismemberment but even more content like illness associated with cancer etc. And it seems if we age past the age of 90, we will still get coverage as if we were in our early seventies. Not bad as far as we're concerned. The value is pretty good as we will be able to get dividends at the same time. It would be cool if we could roll everything into an IRA but it's probably low-tax issues anyway.

So I guess you pay thousands of dollars year after year for insurance protection you hope you never need. Then the time comes and you need LTC for your elderly family and guess what? MetLife NEVER CALLS BACK. So good luck getting "Long Term Care" before you die waiting for a call back. As well, you cannot submit a complaint on the phone! Well, try calling their corporate office on the east coast! I had to call several times to get that number. For now, be warned and save your money. Better yet, find a reputable insurance company because MetLife IS NOT the one you can count on!

Although the experience was okay and they were nice to me, customer service was not at all like what I had been expecting from them would be like. They don't handle questions very well. It's also harder to come to terms that you need their company in the first place. I did not like my policy options at all too. I am paying out of my butt to have certain coverage from them but they aren't covering everything I was told that they would cover. I am very disappointed with them and I would probably be better off paying out of pocket.

I enjoy using customer services and never have problems. They are always considerate and they help with my questions. They are always there to listen and they don't rush you off like others do. They help you decide what is best for you. The policies and packages, their prices and the options are great. There are diff ones, life insurance, car, etc. They keep your stuff private. The long term care insurance coverage is great. You can choose what you want to be covered for, when, how long, etc.

Good people on the other end of phone. Also, the gentleman that assisted me in person was both knowledgeable and helpful. They are always there to answer questions and the web page is also a great resource to use. The options are very helpful and could cater to your situation. You are not stuck with one and these options were clearly listed. Also, the coverages are very easy to understand and are more than acceptable and affordable. You will be living comfortably in the end. Of course, you get what you pay for in this situation. However, you could spend on something else but not nearly as helpful for your security. So the perceived value of their coverage is excellent.

They know how to handle my needs and were nice to me. They are willing to help and are very understanding. Also, I can cancel the account whenever I want and my payment options are comfortable. I love the policy and the coverage is awesome. It covers everything including my medical exams and visits with the doctor. The value is fair and I get what I pay for.

The insurance policy is through my employer. There were not many options. The only options I could make was how much money I wanted to put into the policy. But it is valuable in the event that something was to happen. The policy can save a fortune on expenses that would otherwise be expensive. Also, providing my family with some means of income.

My experience with customer service has been positive. All my questions were answered and any issues were resolved in a reasonable time. The policy options were clear and easy to understand. They had many and flexible options allowing me to choose one that fit my specific needs. The representative was also helpful and explained the coverage to me so that I could choose a policy that had the coverage I wanted. The value of my Long Term Care Insurance is what I was looking for. It was not too expensive and yet not too cheap as to question its quality.

Customer service is great. They are fast and efficient and very, very nice people. They make sure all your accommodation and needs are met and that's why I'd recommend this to anyone. Lots of different policy options to choose from so that's really good and I appreciate that because I honestly didn't know what to do before I heard about this. Coverage is great. I'm definitely satisfied with the coverage. It's just what I need and I'm glad they cover their customers or else I wouldn't be with them. Their value is pretty decent. It could have been a little bit more cheaper but I appreciate it and couldn't have found a better company.

I am sending this review in the hopes that someone out there can lend us a helping hand with this Goliath corporation MetLife. My husband is a Vietnam Veteran residing in an assisted living facility. We purchased a MetLife Long Term Care Policy for him on March 12, 2003. Since that time we have diligently paid the $884.88 annual premium, never being late or missing a payment.

Now that my husband is in dire need of the monetary benefit that MetLife guaranteed in the policy, the company is stalling and prolonging the claim process in an effort to avoid fulfilling their contractual obligation to reimburse us for our out of pocket expense for the cost of residing in the assisted living facility, as well as "home care" expenses.

We have met all the criteria and stipulations of the policy, including the 30 day waiting period. As of today, November 29, 2016, my husband has been residing in the assisted living for 60 days, 30 days past MetLife's self imposed waiting period limit. Because of MetLife's failure to honor their legal and moral obligation (and the fact we have no more resources to cover the cost of assisted living), I face the reality of having to move my husband back to our rental home.

This house is not equipped with any apparatuses (grab bars in the shower or bathrooms) to assist him. Neither do I have the medical expertise and the professional/healthcare knowledge in caring and taking care of my husband. Due to the fact that he is highly susceptible to falling, this environment dramatically increases his probability of falling and incurring serious bodily harm.

I have made numerous attempts to resolve this matter with MetLife, going so far as to establish contact with their corporate office. However, these attempts solicited either no response, stalling tactics, circumvention of the truth, or given the runaround from representatives from MetLife. MetLife enjoying portraying itself as a magnanimous corporation that donates millions to various charities, including veteran's organizations. But when it comes to fulfilling their financial obligation to an individual veteran, their purse strings tighten and they prolong payment as long as possible.

The customer service representatives were very helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable about insurance and explaining how everything worked. I was very pleased with their service. The customer service representatives were very helpful at helping me find coverage that would be able to cover my mother's needs. They made everything seem so easy.

The customer service for Metlife is awesome. They are always ready and available to answer your call and address any problems you might have. They are very reliable. The policy options are very good as you are able to choose the coverage that is applicable to you. The coverage premiums are also very reasonable. You are able to choose from different options which make it more affordable for everyone. The value of the insurance policy is effective as you get more that what you pay for in terms of premium. Essentially, it all depends on the policy options.

My company used to do business with MetLife, but they've dropped them for good reason. We could choose to stay with them and I did. Not only have I had to call multiple times to get my personal information updated, but they can't get my billing correct. They are overcharging me and no one can explain why. I've asked to speak to a manager, but am told the manager is not available and I'll get a callback. I have been a long time client and deserve to be treated with respect. I've never filed a claim, they've just been racking in my premiums and this is the treatment I get for years of my business? Time for a change. I now see why my company left them.

Everyone there at the customer service is very good. I like the fact they take time to answer my questions. They are very nice and helpful. The policy options, I like the fact that they verify your contact stuff. They are very nice and remind you of the policy. They do not let any of your information slip. The overall coverage is very very very good. I do recommend this insurance company. You will not be disappointed because they take their time to talk to you and understand you. The value of the insurance company is okay. I do like it a lot. I cannot complain, but I don't like that sometimes the calls or website glitches.

I have never had to use this service yet since my insurance is for later on in case I need it but I am sure it will be just fine since it is from Met Life. The policy was chosen for me by family members and I was told they had many options to choose from and all very very good and reasonably priced compared to others that they had researched. My policy covers if I have to go in a nursing home or need recovery therapy or home hospice. I am really not sure as I have not needed this sort of thing yet but the website is very informative so I am sure it can answer all questions one might have. I have no idea what this policy cost my family and I really wish they really would not have gotten it for me but they were concerned about my health as I got older (even though I have never been sick in my entire life). It must be reasonable as they work in retail and do not have much to spend and they said it was the best for the value.

I haven’t had to do much with the customer service as it's set up through my place of employment which makes it easy. The policy is easy to understand and covers what I have very well that I feel my family should never have a question when it may be time to use this insurance. I feel like my coverage will take care of me very well and fits my needs being a young adult. I am very satisfied with what I have... As I am cheap and don’t like to spend money on extra insurances it’s not my favorite thing I see come out of my check but I have to remember that I will want/need it later in life and I will be very thankful for it then.

They are very professional and efficient. They do most of the work for you. There was a little bit of paperwork, but not too much. You should consider MetLife. I have peace now. They have a large variety of policy options available to you. You have to choose the one that will ultimately be best for you and your family. I have peace knowing my family won't have to struggle. They will cover all my care should I ever require long-term care. I'm so glad I have this insurance. I won't have to worry, and neither will my family. MetLife provides you with a good value. The price is not nearly as high as you would think it is. It's definitely worth the peace of mind for you and your family.

I love the customer service of MetLife. They have become one of the popularity in the United states. I would recommend these to everybody. They are very honest and have much respect for the customers, well mannered. The policy was very hard to understand but since you read the terms of it it is very understanding. I had to get my lawyer to help to make decision with them and I pick the right company to myself. The coverage was full and honest with the value. I would tell everyone to get the best for the best. It is worth it. You wouldn't waste your money on nothing. My money was well spent on this company. I pay every month to them. I would let everyone know to be with them and to get up hurry and sign up.

The customer service they provide at MetLife is truly exceptional. They were so kind and helpful and made sure I understood all of my options and helped me select what best fit my needs. At MetLife they had plenty of policy option that customer care went over with me. I let them know what I was looking for and what I could honestly afford and the helped me choose one that best fits my needs at a price I could afford. The coverage offered by MetLife is amazing, given what I knew I could I afford it went in expecting very little but was shown something affordable and more than worth it is definitely walked away feeling secure. The value of what I was offered by MetLife is more than what I pay it truly is affordable their customers care and service also make its value much higher I couldn't expect anything more

There are many different policies to choose from and can be somewhat intimidating for someone who does not understand the differences between all of the plans. The coverage seems to be broad enough to cover any needs that may arise in the future as I get older. The price I pay for the plan I chose seems to be comparable with other similar companies' offerings.

Customer service is great, but like many businesses, it doesn't feel like they genuinely care or wish to go out of the way to keep you as a Customer. Policy options are standard, you won't really find anything fancy or different from any other long-term care facility policy company, or other insurance companies. Overall coverage is standard, but not superb. It covers only the basic essentials and not a whole lot of anything else that I feel is the company going out of their way. I will say that the value for the policies and coverage you get are also fairly standard, you get what you pay for, and Nothing More than that, really.

The customer service wasn't the best, but I was satisfied and happy enough with it. The customer service line seemed busy and when I tried to call they weren't that helpful. There were plenty of policy options to pick from. I'd highly recommend MetLife for this reason. They offer many options such as auto insurance, life insurance, etc. I'm happy with the overall coverage, but not enough to recommend it to friends/family. The coverage left me satisfied and happy with MetLife. MetLife is good for its value, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap for good insurance company. I get a lot of coverage for such a low price.

MetLife Long Term Care Company Profile