Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.95/5

LTC Consumer is an independent website that provides consumers with information and resources on long-term care. LTC Consumer has long-term care insurance specialists on staff and is dedicated to helping you compare prices and find a long-term care program that fits your needs. Visit the LTC Consumer website for more information on the benefits of long-term care insurance!

BOTTOM LINE

LTC Consumer provides consumers with resources on long-term care plans, including pricing and features. The company’s insurance specialists help you compare plans and find one that fits your needs.

PROS

• Certified long-term care specialists
  • Get a quick quote online
  • Free resources and information

CONS

• Not a long-term care provider
LTC Consumer Call Now Toll Free (877) 808-4855 Learn More

Call Now Toll Free

What does LTC Consumer do?

LTC Consumer believes it’s vital for individuals to have the freedom to research their long-term care options, which is why the company provides clear resources and information on the benefits of long-term care plans on its website.

Long-term care plans function like an insurance policy, so it’s essential to consider multiple providers before purchasing one. LTC Consumer strives to provide consumers with the information they need to compare insurance policies. If you’re not sure what to look for in a long-term care plan, you can speak with LTC Consumer’s staff of certified long-term care specialists. They help you compare providers and decide what specific features you need.

Long-term care insurance covers a wide variety of treatments and aid-giving options, including home health care, adult care assistance and help with cognitive impairments, including Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. Long-term care insurance helps people who struggle with daily activities, including:

• Bathing
    • Eating
    • Dressing
    • Using the toilet
    • Continence
    • Transferring

How LTC Consumer helps you choose the right plan

LTC Consumer helps you select the right long-term care plan by narrowing the options based on your specific needs. When it comes to long-term care, the right plan for you is one that fits your requirements.

Different long-term care plans cover the following services and facilities:

• Home health care
    • Respite care
    • Hospice care
    • In-home personal care
    • Adult daycare centers
    • Assisted living facilities
    • Nursing homes
    • Memory care facilities

Work with one of LTC’s insurance specialists to discover what kind of coverage best suits you. Speak with an LTC Consumer Specialist to find out if you qualify for discounts. You might be eligible for discounts based on the following factors:

• Good health
    • Marital or domestic partner status
    • Valued client/multiple-party discounts
    • Multiple family members applying with the same carrier
    • Group rates available through your employer

Is LTC Consumer worth it?

LTC Consumer is an independent website that provides consumers with resources and information on long term care plans. If you’re searching for advice on purchasing long-term care insurance and need professional assistance, LTC Consumer's team of experts helps you find the right fit.

LTC Consumer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LTC Consumer?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about LTC Consumer?

Original review: June 26, 2020

My husband and I both agree that Cathy ** would receive an Excellent on everything! She was SO knowledgeable and was very careful to present all scenarios. The software she used was very impressive and we were EASILY able to plug in different variables to configure just the right solution for us. We have looked at taking out long term care insurance several times over the years and it never felt right. This decision with Cathy and LTC Consumer was a no brainer. I LOVE when people are good at their job, and Cathy was EXCELLENT!

LTC Consumer response

Cathy is a gem and we're so pleased you enjoyed working with her. She knows her stuff and is an advocate for anyone who works with her. Congrats on your LTCI policy and the peace of mind that comes with it.

Original review: June 16, 2020

I appreciated the process with Jonathan. From the initial setting up of the meeting; to the weekly reminder of the meeting; the process of logging in for the meeting - seamless. The introduction of how we would move through the meeting was very helpful. I was then able to wait on all my initial questions because I knew they would be answered as we moved through the meeting. Jonathan took his time to explain each step and allow me to ask questions or voice concerns.

Jonathan answered questions from the professional point of view; but when I wanted a personal opinion, he gave his view point. Our conversation was good dialogue to make sure I was making the best decision for myself. Jonathan gave me the time to look at several companies; then we narrowed it down to two. This took some time to discuss the two companies and the product. Jonathan answered my concerns by giving long view scenarios to think about and discuss.

The whole meeting was good discussion as we worked through the best product. The final step of completing the application was very easy to complete. I appreciated the e-signatures. The transparency of the process was reassuring. As I age and being careful with who I can trust with my well being and finances; I appreciate knowing Jonathan will be walking through this process from the beginning to end is very reassuring. A good process and peace of mind.

LTC Consumer response

Deborah, it sounds like no question or concern was left unanswered, and you ended up with excellent long-term care coverage. That's so great to hear, thanks for the feedback.

Get buying tips about Long Term Care Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I was concerned that I didn't have longer-term care insurance. My therapist told me about how her policy is also like life insurance if she doesn't use it. I thought that was a really good investment. However, the interview was a little confusing. The customer service lady asked questions. I had to say that I was gonna tell the truth and then she said that this part of the interview is over. Then, she started asking me more delicate questions. I answered them truthfully as they could always look at my medical records. I got a letter from the company and they said that was why they turned me down. The lady was very professional. It was just something that I was uncomfortable with.

LTC Consumer response

The LTC insurance carrier's personal health interview is used to assess eligibility for LTC Insurance, we're sorry if it was confusing or uncomfortable. Unfortunately some conditions and medications will result in a declination. If you authorize it, and your LTC Consumer Specialist knows what specifically caused the declination they can look at other insurance carrier options, or recommend other courses of action. We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: April 22, 2020

LTC’s price was appropriate. It was a lot better than I expected it to be. The enrolment process was easy although it's always uncomfortable for me to talk to someone I don’t know with personal information like putting my social security number in a document. I keep a pretty close tab on my paperwork, so I would notice if there was something wonky.

The process was expedited. On my first contact with them, I was not eligible because I had surgery. And then the rep followed through with everything that he said he was gonna do. He emailed me when he was supposed and called me when he was supposed to. It all happened much quicker than he expected. He thought it would take six to eight weeks and it took less than a week. Overall it was a good experience.

LTC Consumer response

Protecting private information is very important to LTC Consumer, so we're glad you felt comfortable and safe and that your policy was a positive experience. Thank you for the feedback.

Original review: April 20, 2020

Updated on 06/03/2020: I am very grateful for the assistance of the agent that I worked with, very professional, knowledgeable and kind. Due to a long standing health condition I did not qualify for the first plan I applied for. The agent I worked with was pivotal in finding a plan that I did qualify for and I am grateful to now have long term care coverage in place. I am sure I would not have successfully navigated through the search for a plan that I would qualify for on my own.

Original Review: My experience in learning about and submitting an application for long term care insurance was excellent. The agent I worked with presented the information about the policy options clearly - very informative and I feel confident that I understand everything I need to know to make a decision. I cannot imagine receiving a better explanation of the policies and appreciated the screen sharing as we discussed all of the information. Would give 10 stars if that option was available.

LTC Consumer response

This is JUST the response we are striving for. Thank you so much for your kind words. We're happy to hear about your experience with our team.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

Jeff ** was amazing to work with. I believe him to be honest and sincere which I greatly appreciated. He made me feel comfortable with the decision I was making and never seemed intrusive or pushy. I truly felt he cared and wanted to help me to make the best decision based on my needs and financial capability. I am completely satisfied with my decision and that is all due to Jeff's integrity, honesty and caring nature.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for that amazing review - and Jeff really does care and want to help. We're excited for you that this piece of your retirement puzzle is done.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

Jeff ** was very knowledgeable and personable. He went above and beyond to help us understand everything, never hesitating to take as much time as needed. We feel he had our best interests in mind, and he guided us to a policy and company best meeting our needs. He never pressured us, and he always answered our questions with integrity. It was clear he wanted us to be comfortable with whatever we decided. He only wanted what was best for us. We would not hesitate to recommend Jeff.

LTC Consumer response

Jeff is amazing! We're so glad you got to work with him and he was able to guide you to the perfect plan for your family.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

My Agent Dan ** was very informative and helpful. He explained things very well and outlined the best options for my situation. He gave me time to think things over and was not pressuring in any way for me to make an immediate decision. I like that Dan was understanding and asked questions that pertained to my situation to help me make a better decision on the insurance that I would like or need. (Both on price and coverage)

LTC Consumer response

Our specialists pride themselves on a no-pressure approach with an emphasis on education and availability. We're pleased you found the coverage to protect your retirement.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

Richard was very knowledgeable and treated us with respect. He was very patience with meeting our desires and needs. Timely input and easy to work with. Made the process simple and understandable. Helped tremendously!

LTC Consumer response

Great feedback, we appreciate the kind words. Glad Rich was able to help out your family.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

Jeff was great in every aspect. He guided us through everything and made sure we understood all the information. He was very thorough and we felt confident that he directed us to the best program that fit our situation. I would definitely recommend he to my friends and family. Thank you Jeff.

LTC Consumer response

That confidence is how we all want to feel after an important purchase. So please Jeff was able to help your family. Thank you for the recommendation.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

Millie ** was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. She took time to explain and answer my questions. Her presentation was organized and informative. The materials forwarded to me were also helpful. I feel good about my decision.

LTC Consumer response

Feeling good about your decision is our goal. So glad Millie was able to help you find a solution that fit your needs.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

Jeff was absolutely amazing to work with through the entire process of applying for Long Term Care insurance. He is extremely knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. He was able to answer all of our questions and provided us with all options for selecting the policy that meets our needs. I would definitely recommend him, and as a matter of fact, I have already provided my sister-in-law with his contact information.

LTC Consumer response

Thanks so much for the referral! We're so pleased Jeff was able to help you achieve peace of mind through a great LTCI policy.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

Rich was very helpful guiding us through the application for our long term care insurance policy. He was very patient and answered all of our questions. He was also very knowledgeable about the product.

LTC Consumer response

We appreciate your feedback and are so glad to hear you were happy with your long term care insurance decision.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Our experience dealing with Lisa ** to procure recovery insurance has been wonderful. Lisa knows her products and is excellent at answering questions and providing additional options when needed. We would recommend Lisa to others and will consider her if we have additional needs.

LTC Consumer response

Long term care insurance is such an important part of a retirement plan, and we're very excited Lisa was able to help your family prepare for the future. Thank you for the recommendation.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I first spoke with Richard about LTC about a year and 1/2 ago after contacting Zander Insurance thru Dave Ramsey. He explained the details of a LTC policy and answered all my questions. I wasn't ready to purchase at that time but appreciated his monthly emails reminding me he was there to answer any questions. I contacted him again this week and completed the application process today.

LTC Consumer response

At LTC Consumer we understand large purchases can take some time to consider, and our specialists are happy to revisit whenever you are ready. So glad you and Rich reconnected and you're on your way to peace of mind. Thanks for the review!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I have been very pleased with my experience and the service I received from Lisa **. She was very thorough, patient with my questions and request for clarity, and researched to make sure I would qualify. I appreciated her input and suggestions, yet she made it clear it was my decision. I would happily utilize her help again and would recommend her to others I hear may be looking into LTC insurance.

LTC Consumer response

This is what we love to hear! Educational with no pressure, plus making sure you would qualify. Thank you for the review!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

Lisa did an excellent job helping us sign up for long term care insurance. She was very helpful in answering our questions and was quick to respond back to us as needed. She regularly checked in with us as we went through the process of applying, waiting for approval and finalizing the policy agreement. I would highly recommend her.

LTC Consumer response

We really appreciate your recommendation, and we could not agree more about how fantastic Lisa is.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

It was a pleasure working with Lisa. She educated me and patiently walked me through the LTC process. She listened to my concerns and provided several options bearing in mind what my financial objectives were. I would gladly recommend Lisa to my friends and relatives without any equivocation.

LTC Consumer response

Thanks for the recommendation Paulet! Having financial objectives, and knowing that Long Term Care Insurance should be a part of those objectives, is so important. We're happy Lisa was able to guide you through the process.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

My wife and I had a great experience exploring our options for long term care insurance. Sarae expertly guided us through the whole process answering all our questions and concerns. We now feel that our new policy will be a good fit us.

LTC Consumer response

We love that you described Sarae as an expert guide! That really does describe LTC Consumer's process, guiding people to protect their retirement. So glad you found a policy that fits your needs.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I submitted a request for long term care insurance on the Zander website. I received a prompt response from an agent, Rich **. He thoroughly explained my insurance options, was clear and concise in his explanations, and I was able to select the best product for my needs. He was extremely knowledgeable and able to answer all my questions giving me confidence I made the right choice. Thanks Rich and Zander Insurance!

LTC Consumer response

Thanks for the great review! Rich is fantastic at helping families protect their retirement and gain peace of mind.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

Representative was very patient, and helpful. She helped me to thoroughly understand all aspects of the long term insurance. Representative was very helpful, and knowledgeable in answering any questions that I had. I would most definitely recommend her to others!

LTC Consumer response

Thank you so much for the recommendation! So glad Cathy was able to help you protect your retirement and answer all of your questions.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

Rich was very helpful and thorough in providing the LTC insurance I was looking for. If I have any further need for insurance, I would have no problem in seeking out his services again! He was very prompt with everything he assisted me with.

LTC Consumer response

So great to hear that another retirement was protected and another retiree has peace of mind. Thanks for the glowing review.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

Personally- I enjoyed the entire work flow. I found Cathy via Policygenius and couldn’t be happier to finalize. Professionally- I’m happy to recommend and collab together with Cathy given I deliberately do not provide/sell LTC directly.

LTC Consumer response

Don, thanks for the recommendation! We're excited Cathy was able to help you out and set your retirement up for success.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

Lisa ** took care of my wife and I when shopping for long term care insurance. She was extremely professional, knowledgeable, and organized and helped us navigate the process. We would recommend her to anyone interested in obtaining long term care insurance.

LTC Consumer response

Thanks so much for the recommendation! Lisa is such a valued member of our team and a true wealth of long term care insurance knowledge. Glad she was able to help your family.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

Nothing but the highest praise for Millie ** during the entire application process. She was thorough, clear in her explanations, prompt to return phone calls and emails, and always ensured that I knew the next steps and when those steps would occur. For a decision as complex and important as LTC insurance, Millie made it simple and easy. I talked with three other brokers during my evaluation of LTC -- but purchased through Millie because of her helpfulness, advice, and overall great rapport.

LTC Consumer response

These are such kind and amazing words, thank you! Millie is a wealth of long-term care insurance knowledge and it makes our hearts warm that she was able to help your family. Thanks for the review!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

In general, Lisa was very good in terms of reaching out and supporting us. Two areas to improve - 1. Lisa was really busy the day we had our appt and probably would have been better to do the appt. another day, 2. Identify ways for the participants to fill out the forms at their convenience and then review with salesperson.

LTC Consumer response

We're very pleased Lisa was able to support you and your family with your long-term care plan. Sorry about feeling rushed, when we spoke with Lisa she did apologize for any Sunday afternoon disruptions. As far as the forms, unfortunately it is a carrier compliance requirement that those are completed in the presence of an agent. All-in-all sounds like you ended up with a great policy though, so congrats!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

Lisa was a pleasure to work with! She made us feel very comfortable, and no question was too silly. She took time and helped guide us through all of the options. She educated us, which is a must for me! Thanks Lisa!

LTC Consumer response

At LTC Consumer we believe in education and comfort, so it's wonderful hearing Lisa checked both of those boxes. Thanks for the stellar review!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

My husband and I were totally in the dark when it comes to LTC planning and somewhat nervous as we have seen what our parents went through balancing their finances and health issues and we live on a limited income. Cathy did a great job of guiding us, no pressure; and letting us work through the options and what would work for us and our budget. We had lots of questions but she was so patient and informative. Thanks so much for all your support and assistance!

LTC Consumer response

Happy to hear Cathy was able to guide you to the perfect LTC plan for your family!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

Working with Millie ** was an absolute pleasure. She was friendly, knowledgeable and professional through the entire process. We went through the company and plan options and decided on what we felt was best for my family. Millie's experience and input were invaluable.

LTC Consumer response

Mike, we're so pleased your family had a positive experience with Millie. She truly is an expert in the field, and an asset to her customers.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

I was referred to Jeff through the Dave Ramsey website and Zander Insurance. I choose this route instead of trying to find someone here because I know when they are affiliated with Dave they are required to have a heart of a teacher. Jeff did not disappoint, he was very through and made sure I understood all the options. I told him I felt schooled not sold. I felt very comfortable talking with him even though we were talking remotely. I will definitely recommend Jeff if I come across people that need insurance.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you Jo! Jeff definitely has the heart of a teacher, and we really appreciate your glowing review and recommendation.

LTC Consumer Company Information