5.0/5 (141 ratings)

About LTC Consumer

LTC Consumer is an independent website that provides consumers with information and resources on long-term care. LTC Consumer has long-term care insurance specialists on staff and is dedicated to helping you compare prices and find a long-term care program that fits your needs. Visit the LTC Consumer website for more information on the benefits of long-term care insurance!

Pros

• Certified long-term care specialists
  • Get a quick quote online
  • Free resources and information

Cons

• Not a long-term care provider

Bottom Line

LTC Consumer provides consumers with resources on long-term care plans, including pricing and features. The company’s insurance specialists help you compare plans and find one that fits your needs.

What does LTC Consumer do?

LTC Consumer believes it’s vital for individuals to have the freedom to research their long-term care options, which is why the company provides clear resources and information on the benefits of long-term care plans on its website.

Long-term care plans function like an insurance policy, so it’s essential to consider multiple providers before purchasing one. LTC Consumer strives to provide consumers with the information they need to compare insurance policies. If you’re not sure what to look for in a long-term care plan, you can speak with LTC Consumer’s staff of certified long-term care specialists. They help you compare providers and decide what specific features you need.

Long-term care insurance covers a wide variety of treatments and aid-giving options, including home health care, adult care assistance and help with cognitive impairments, including Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. Long-term care insurance helps people who struggle with daily activities, including:

• Bathing
  • Eating
  • Dressing
  • Using the toilet
  • Continence
  • Transferring

How LTC Consumer helps you choose the right plan

LTC Consumer helps you select the right long-term care plan by narrowing the options based on your specific needs. When it comes to long-term care, the right plan for you is one that fits your requirements.

Different long-term care plans cover the following services and facilities:

• Home health care
  • Respite care
  • Hospice care
  • In-home personal care
  • Adult daycare centers
  • Assisted living facilities
  • Nursing homes
  • Memory care facilities

Work with one of LTC’s insurance specialists to discover what kind of coverage best suits you. Speak with an LTC Consumer Specialist to find out if you qualify for discounts. You might be eligible for discounts based on the following factors:

• Good health
  • Marital or domestic partner status
  • Valued client/multiple-party discounts
  • Multiple family members applying with the same carrier
  • Group rates available through your employer

Is LTC Consumer worth it?

LTC Consumer is an independent website that provides consumers with resources and information on long term care plans. If you’re searching for advice on purchasing long-term care insurance and need professional assistance, LTC Consumer's team of experts helps you find the right fit.

LTC Consumer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LTC Consumer?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LTC Consumer?

Original review: April 10, 2021

Buying long term care insurance is something we thought about doing for a while but kept putting it off. I am so thankful we finally made the decision to pursue it. Jeff ** made the process easy to understand. His knowledge and professionalism was outstanding. He cares about his clients and is not just "selling" a service but really wants them to understand the importance of the plan. I highly recommend Jeff if you are looking into long term care insurance.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you so much for such a glowing review. We agree that Jeff is fantastic and we're so pleased he was able to help you protect your retirement and your family.

Original review: March 30, 2021

My wife and I worked with Dan **, an insurance broker out of Beverton, OR, recommended to us through the Dave Ramsey Financial organization. With **'s expertise, we were able to navigate the complex world of short and long term care for "end of life" issues. We found Mr. ** to be knowledgeable, able to answer all of our questions clearly while understanding our financial situation. He was prompt with getting back to us with alternative plan possibilities that met our long-term goals. We would definitely recommend him for "end of life" financial planning needs..

LTC Consumer response

Dan is an expert at breaking down a complicated product, and we're very glad he was able to help you with your long term goals.

Get buying tips about Long Term Care Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

Jonathan was incredibly detailed in the way he explained Long Term Care insurance to me. He was courteous, responsive to questions, excellent information provided regarding my questions, he was also very patient since we had some technical difficulties with Zoom video conferencing. I was having trouble downloading it to my computer and he waited calmly for about 10 minutes while I troubleshooted the problem on my pc. When I was finally able to open the app and video conference with him, he displayed a lot of poise as he explained the value this coverage provides and compared different providers and even how inflation would play a part in the value of long-term care and how each individual company deals with this issue. I was very satisfied with his professionalism and would absolutely recommend him to friends and family if they need this service. Regards, Alejandro **

LTC Consumer response

Such an amazing testimony to Jonathan's character and wisdom. We're so pleased you found a policy that meets your retirement needs.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

Nothing but the highest praise for Millie ** during the entire application process. She was thorough, clear in her explanations, prompt to return phone calls and emails, and always ensured that I knew the next steps and when those steps would occur. For a decision as complex and important as LTC insurance, Millie made it simple and easy. I talked with three other brokers during my evaluation of LTC -- but purchased through Millie because of her helpfulness, advice, and overall great rapport.

LTC Consumer response

These are such kind and amazing words, thank you! Millie is a wealth of long-term care insurance knowledge and it makes our hearts warm that she was able to help your family. Thanks for the review!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

In general, Lisa was very good in terms of reaching out and supporting us. Two areas to improve - 1. Lisa was really busy the day we had our appt and probably would have been better to do the appt. another day, 2. Identify ways for the participants to fill out the forms at their convenience and then review with salesperson.

LTC Consumer response

We're very pleased Lisa was able to support you and your family with your long-term care plan. Sorry about feeling rushed, when we spoke with Lisa she did apologize for any Sunday afternoon disruptions. As far as the forms, unfortunately it is a carrier compliance requirement that those are completed in the presence of an agent. All-in-all sounds like you ended up with a great policy though, so congrats!

Original review: July 8, 2021

I appreciated the ability to set up an appointment to go over my options for coverage in detail. Jonathan was very helpful through the entire process and helped me identify a solution to my needs. I've already recommended that a coworker of mine contact him regarding his own long term care needs.

LTC Consumer response

Jonathan is fantastic, and we are so happy he was able to help you protect your retirement and provide you with peace of mind. Thanks for the recommendations!

Original review: July 7, 2021

Jonathan gave in-depth description on long-term care, as well as, a well defined explanation on how the policy would pay out financially when the service would be needed in the future. I have a real good grasp of the ins and outs of my policy and know I can contact Jonathan when I need to.

LTC Consumer response

Jonathan has the heart of a teacher and we're so happy he was able to work with you on this important decision. Thank you for the glowing review.

Original review: July 7, 2021

Lisa made my policy selection experience very smooth. She walked me through all the options, explaining the pros and cons of each. The reduced the stress comes with shopping for my long term care. Highly recommended!

LTC Consumer response

That's our goal! Remove the stress, educate, and walk you through the process. Thank you for the recommendation.

Original review: June 30, 2021

We found Cathy to be very professional and extremely knowledgeable regarding Long Term Care Insurance. Her personable and unpressuring approach was refreshing and a welcomed relief to insurance purchasing. Her meticulous regard to details and allowing us to ask as many questions as we required made our experience an easy one. We highly recommend Cathy to anyone requiring Long Term Health Care Insurance, and have already recommended her to several of our friends.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for the recommendations! Cathy is a true expert in her field and an amazing guide in the process, we're so pleased you've purchased such important coverage.

Original review: June 30, 2021

I reached out for Long-Term Care Insurance through Ramsey Solutions ELP link. Sarae was very helpful to my many questions and option changes as I was trying to figure out what the best plan for me would be as Washington State is now requiring all working residents to have a private LTC plan or pay a tax to have Washington States plan.

LTC Consumer response

You were smart to look into your own plan, and we're sure Sarae was able to help you find something you're very pleased with. Thank you for the review, and congrats on protecting your retirement!

Original review: June 28, 2021

Rich H. Was very patient with all of my questions and repeated questions, this stuff tends to be kind of confusing to me so I appreciated his patience and explanation of the different policies and choices I have. Still confusing but that’s on me!

LTC Consumer response

Rich is the best guide to have during your LTC insurance journey. He will continue to walk with you every step of the way until your policy issues, and even after. Thank you for the great review.

Original review: June 25, 2021

We enjoyed meeting with Jonathan ** this week to discuss our needs for long-term care insurance. Mr. ** provided excellent information without being pushy, answered our questions clearly, and was very good about making sure we understood the information he was presenting. We would happily recommend him to others!

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for the recommendation! Jonathan is an amazing guide for families looking for long term care options. We're pleased he was able to help you.

Original review: June 24, 2021

Mr ** is extremely knowledgeable about LTC insurance and made learning about it, understanding our options and applying for the coverage a simpler process. We feel very fortunate to have connected with him.

LTC Consumer response

Bill is a fantastic guide to long term care coverage. So glad he was able to help your family protect your retirement. Congrats on taking that step towards peace of mind.

Original review: June 21, 2021

Due to a change in legislation for Washington State, I knew I needed to find my own LTC insurance plan. I found Dan ** through Zander Insurance, and he was a great help through the research and application process. He was very thorough in explaining the different plans that were offered to us, and gave us insight into what he thought would be the best to match what the state will offer so we can opt out. He was very communicative and made the process easy. I would recommend him, and would work with him again if needed.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you so much for your great review! Dan is an excellent guide to great long term care coverage. We appreciate the recommendation.

Original review: June 18, 2021

I have been looking for long term care insurance and I called Jeff **. He quickly gained my confidence as a trustworthy and honest person. He is friendly and not pushy. He helped me find the best LTC insurance to meet my needs and made sure that my application made the surprise last minute deadline. I have referred him to several friends and family members! He is fantastic to work with!

LTC Consumer response

Hearing that our specialists are trustworthy, honest, friendly, and not pushy always makes us so happy. We're so glad Jeff was able to work with you to find a plan to fit your needs. Thank you for the referrals.

Original review: June 16, 2021

Lisa understood my needs very well and provided me the most fit options. She followed up some urgent changes quickly and notify me in time. I appreciate her transparency and patience during the process.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for the review, we think Lisa is pretty great too! Glad she was able to get you all set up before the WA payroll tax takes effect.

Original review: June 16, 2021

Approaching 60 and being avid Dave Ramsey fan, I thought it a good idea to purchase some long-term care insurance. Millie ** stepped us through the process and answered all our questions. We completed the app yesterday and Millie advised on what to expect from the Insurance company or their underwriter. I would recommend Millie to a friend, very thorough and informational.

LTC Consumer response

We are avid fans of Dave Ramsey as well! So glad he lead you to Millie, and that she was able to guide you on your long term care journey. We appreciate the recommendation.

Original review: June 16, 2021

I appreciate very much Cathy's attention to detail, her friendliness, and the depth of her knowledge of the products available. I would highly recommend her to friends and family. She was wonderful to work with.

LTC Consumer response

Thanks for a glowing review! We also think Cathy is wonderful, and are happy to hear she was able to help you prepare your long term care plan.

Original review: June 12, 2021

I had a great experience working with Cathy. Nathan referred me and she provided stellar customer support. She gauged my level of understanding and then proceeded to give me information I needed. I enjoyed working with you very much.

LTC Consumer response

Cathy is a fantastic LTC guide, and we're pleased to hear she was about to help you in the midst of the WA payroll tax. We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: June 9, 2021

Cathy was an incredibly responsive, wise and insightful guide through my LTC process, and allowed me to consider multiple choices and end up with a decision that feels extremely comfortable. I am grateful to her and would recommend her alone.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate the recommendation. So glad Cathy was able to guide you to a plan that fit your needs and gives you peace of mind.

Original review: June 8, 2021

Jeff’s gifts in his patience, his thoroughness, his clarity, his ability to help us understand LTC concepts and provide answers to ignorant and sometimes challenging questions are second to none! Thank you, Jeff!

LTC Consumer response

Jeff is amazing - we adore working with him - and we're so glad you feel the same. Congrats on securing your long term care plan and protecting your retirement.

Original review: June 5, 2021

I was working with Lisa ** on applying for LTC insurance. From the very beginning, Lisa was professional and extremely responsive even during an unprecedented busy time. Within a few days, she had accurately provided the information I needed to make a decision on a plan and assisted me on submitting an application. Would highly recommend working with her.

LTC Consumer response

Thanks for the review, we think Lisa is a rockstar too. Cheers to protecting your retirement and having a long term care plan.

Original review: June 4, 2021

Working with Bill, the representative who was assigned to me, was a pleasure. He was informed, polite and courteous and quickly answered my questions. I would should again using LTC Consumer if needed and would recommend to others looking for LTC insurance.

LTC Consumer response

Bill is fantastic, so happy he could answer your questions and set you up with a plan that fits your needs. Appreciate the recommendation.

Original review: June 4, 2021

Jeff ** did a wonderful job helping me look at the various possibilities for long term care insurance. He provided me with several options, articles about long term care for information, and was a valuable resource in walking me through the paperwork. I would highly recommend Jeff to my friends when making their choice for LTC!

LTC Consumer response

Thank you so much for your glowing review! We think Jeff is fantastic, and we're so glad you agree. Congrats on protecting your future.

Original review: June 4, 2021

Dan was responsive, knowledgeable and appeared to have our best interests in mind when talking with Michelle and me about long term care coverage. In two sessions we were able to get through a topic we knew little about and explore several options for both of us. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dan to someone else.

LTC Consumer response

Dan is amazing, and we really appreciate your recommendation! It's so important to protect your future and gain peace of mind. Congrats!

Original review: June 4, 2021

Dan responded to my inquiry quickly and got me through the process with minimal interruption to my day. Further, he did so in the crush of a new government tax that has greatly increased his workload. I was impressed and am appreciative.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for your review, nice to hear that the payroll tax rush hasn't affected our team's reputation for excellence.

Original review: June 3, 2021

Rich called me back promptly and was completely transparent when comparing plans. He kept asking me "do you understand?" which reassured me and I was glad I learned a lot about long term care insurance.

LTC Consumer response

Your understanding and comfort are our key goals. So excited your retirement is protected and your long term care plan is in place.

Original review: June 2, 2021

Dan made the process of signing up for LTC Insurance quick, easy and painless. He explained the process thoroughly and took the time to answer any questions my wife and I had. If you’re interested in LTC Insurance, contact this company, you’ll be satisfied. A+.

LTC Consumer response

Well that's a report card we'll put up on the refrigerator! Thanks for the feedback, anytime you can describe insurance as easy and painless means we've done our jobs right.

Original review: June 1, 2021

Once we got a chance to talk with Jonathan it was a good experience. I struggled initially with getting an appointment with him. He seemed too busy to handle another client, taking another 2 months to get a set appointment. So it would have helped to have more information initially about setting an appointment. He explains all aspects of the policy well. We feel confident we have the right product for our situation.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for your review, not getting an appointment right away is frustrating. We're sorry for the delay, the state of Washington has a new payroll tax for long term care which has most LTC Specialists receiving four to five times as many requests for info as normal. We're glad you were able to connect though, and very pleased you found a solution you and your family are happy with.

Original review: June 1, 2021

Lisa was extremely helpful & patient throughout the whole process. I felt that she was very knowledgeable about the whole process and provided answers to our questions as we went through the process of trying to make a decision on the insurance options.

LTC Consumer response

Thanks for the review, we strive to have the most knowledgeable and helpful LTC insurance specialists in the business. We’re so glad Lisa could help your family.

LTC Consumer Company Information