Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.98/5

LTC Consumer is an independent website that provides consumers with information and resources on long-term care. LTC Consumer has long-term care insurance specialists on staff and is dedicated to helping you compare prices and find a long-term care program that fits your needs. Visit the LTC Consumer website for more information on the benefits of long-term care insurance!

BOTTOM LINE

LTC Consumer provides consumers with resources on long-term care plans, including pricing and features. The company’s insurance specialists help you compare plans and find one that fits your needs.

PROS
  • Certified long-term care specialists
  • Get a quick quote online
  • Free resources and information
CONS
  • Not a long-term care provider
LTC Consumer Call Now Toll Free (877) 808-4855 Learn More

Call Now Toll Free

What does LTC Consumer do?

LTC Consumer believes it’s vital for individuals to have the freedom to research their long-term care options, which is why the company provides clear resources and information on the benefits of long-term care plans on its website.

Long-term care plans function like an insurance policy, so it’s essential to consider multiple providers before purchasing one. LTC Consumer strives to provide consumers with the information they need to compare insurance policies. If you’re not sure what to look for in a long-term care plan, you can speak with LTC Consumer’s staff of certified long-term care specialists. They help you compare providers and decide what specific features you need.

Long-term care insurance covers a wide variety of treatments and aid-giving options, including home health care, adult care assistance and help with cognitive impairments, including Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. Long-term care insurance helps people who struggle with daily activities, including:

• Bathing
    • Eating
    • Dressing
    • Using the toilet
    • Continence
    • Transferring

How LTC Consumer helps you choose the right plan

LTC Consumer helps you select the right long-term care plan by narrowing the options based on your specific needs. When it comes to long-term care, the right plan for you is one that fits your requirements.

Different long-term care plans cover the following services and facilities:

• Home health care
    • Respite care
    • Hospice care
    • In-home personal care
    • Adult daycare centers
    • Assisted living facilities
    • Nursing homes
    • Memory care facilities

Work with one of LTC’s insurance specialists to discover what kind of coverage best suits you. Speak with an LTC Consumer Specialist to find out if you qualify for discounts. You might be eligible for discounts based on the following factors:

• Good health
    • Marital or domestic partner status
    • Valued client/multiple-party discounts
    • Multiple family members applying with the same carrier
    • Group rates available through your employer

Is LTC Consumer worth it?

LTC Consumer is an independent website that provides consumers with resources and information on long term care plans. If you’re searching for advice on purchasing long-term care insurance and need professional assistance, LTC Consumer's team of experts helps you find the right fit.

LTC Consumer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LTC Consumer?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about LTC Consumer?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

Jonathan was incredibly detailed in the way he explained Long Term Care insurance to me. He was courteous, responsive to questions, excellent information provided regarding my questions, he was also very patient since we had some technical difficulties with Zoom video conferencing. I was having trouble downloading it to my computer and he waited calmly for about 10 minutes while I troubleshooted the problem on my pc. When I was finally able to open the app and video conference with him, he displayed a lot of poise as he explained the value this coverage provides and compared different providers and even how inflation would play a part in the value of long-term care and how each individual company deals with this issue. I was very satisfied with his professionalism and would absolutely recommend him to friends and family if they need this service. Regards, Alejandro **

LTC Consumer response

Such an amazing testimony to Jonathan's character and wisdom. We're so pleased you found a policy that meets your retirement needs.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

In general, Lisa was very good in terms of reaching out and supporting us. Two areas to improve - 1. Lisa was really busy the day we had our appt and probably would have been better to do the appt. another day, 2. Identify ways for the participants to fill out the forms at their convenience and then review with salesperson.

LTC Consumer response

We're very pleased Lisa was able to support you and your family with your long-term care plan. Sorry about feeling rushed, when we spoke with Lisa she did apologize for any Sunday afternoon disruptions. As far as the forms, unfortunately it is a carrier compliance requirement that those are completed in the presence of an agent. All-in-all sounds like you ended up with a great policy though, so congrats!

Get buying tips about Long Term Care Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 26, 2020

My husband and I both agree that Cathy ** would receive an Excellent on everything! She was SO knowledgeable and was very careful to present all scenarios. The software she used was very impressive and we were EASILY able to plug in different variables to configure just the right solution for us. We have looked at taking out long term care insurance several times over the years and it never felt right. This decision with Cathy and LTC Consumer was a no brainer. I LOVE when people are good at their job, and Cathy was EXCELLENT!

LTC Consumer response

Cathy is a gem and we're so pleased you enjoyed working with her. She knows her stuff and is an advocate for anyone who works with her. Congrats on your LTCI policy and the peace of mind that comes with it.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I submitted a request for a quote online, and received a call from Richard ** with the information I needed. Right from the beginning, I was impressed how Richard listened to what I was saying, and found a policy that fit my needs, while being affordable. I didn’t even know such a policy existed. I appreciate that Richard was very patient with my many questions. I feel very comfortable with the choice I made. I would encourage anyone who would like to explore more insurance coverage to contact Richard. He was truly a blessing.

LTC Consumer response

Judy, we're very pleased Rich helped you feel comfortable finding the right long-term care insurance for your needs. That's always our aim. Thanks for the great review.

Original review: June 16, 2020

I appreciated the process with Jonathan. From the initial setting up of the meeting; to the weekly reminder of the meeting; the process of logging in for the meeting - seamless. The introduction of how we would move through the meeting was very helpful. I was then able to wait on all my initial questions because I knew they would be answered as we moved through the meeting. Jonathan took his time to explain each step and allow me to ask questions or voice concerns.

Jonathan answered questions from the professional point of view; but when I wanted a personal opinion, he gave his view point. Our conversation was good dialogue to make sure I was making the best decision for myself. Jonathan gave me the time to look at several companies; then we narrowed it down to two. This took some time to discuss the two companies and the product. Jonathan answered my concerns by giving long view scenarios to think about and discuss.

The whole meeting was good discussion as we worked through the best product. The final step of completing the application was very easy to complete. I appreciated the e-signatures. The transparency of the process was reassuring. As I age and being careful with who I can trust with my well being and finances; I appreciate knowing Jonathan will be walking through this process from the beginning to end is very reassuring. A good process and peace of mind.

LTC Consumer response

Deborah, it sounds like no question or concern was left unanswered, and you ended up with excellent long-term care coverage. That's so great to hear, thanks for the feedback.

Original review: April 30, 2021

I started looking for LTC insurance over a year ago. I made contact with Lisa. She went over all the options with me, and at that time it was not feasible in my budget. I got things worked around and scheduled another call with her and got signed up. She is very knowledgeable and great to work with. Highly recommend.

Original review: April 27, 2021

Jeff listened to our needs, suggested products for us and took our feedback along the way so we felt heard and respected. We ended up with a product we're happy with and the submission process was a breeze. What could be better!

LTC Consumer response

Well done on securing a happy financial future, and we're so happy Jeff was there to be your guide.

Original review: April 26, 2021

Richard was very professional and his communications skills are excellent. He was punctual and efficient, yet very personable. I appreciate that he has a pleasant, personal way of communicating the facts and options, and was very helpful in answering questions, considering I didn't have much information about long term health care insurance in general. I would definitely recommend him to a friend.

LTC Consumer response

Thanks for the recommendation! And congrats on protecting your retirement.

Original review: April 23, 2021

Dan ** was exactly the salesperson we were looking for in an agent. He was professional, knowledgeable and very thorough in his explanations of the type of coverage offered and in explaining what coverage was the best fit for us. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

LTC Consumer response

What glowing praise! Dan is pretty amazing if we do say so ourselves, and we're delighted to hear you think so too.

Original review: April 23, 2021

Dan has done such a great job getting us started on our long term care insurance application. He responded to our inquiry promptly and helped us find the best option for our Washington state situation requiring a minimally acceptable policy. We greatly appreciate the assistance to this point.

LTC Consumer response

You will be very pleased with this decision for years to come, and we're glad Dan was so helpful.

Original review: April 20, 2021

Cathy was able to guide me through the process of purchasing long-term care insurance in an efficient and easy-to-understand manner. Quotes were explained thoroughly and responses to changes were incredibly fast. All in all, a fantastic experience working with Cathy F.

LTC Consumer response

Thanks for the great review! We're so happy Cathy was able to help you with this important purchase.

Original review: April 17, 2021

Jeff helped design a long term care policy that is just right for me. Throughout this process, Jeff has:

- patiently and clearly explained all parts of the policy so I understood them well
      - tirelessly run multiple options based on my requests

- always put my needs first and never pushed for anything that I didn't need or want, even if it meant a smaller policy in the end.

LTC Consumer response

This is such a fantastic example of how amazing Jeff is. Thank you for your review.

Original review: April 15, 2021

Lisa is friendly, informative and very patient as we talked about my options. She did good research and helped answer the many questions I have about LTC, and I believe we chose a good plan because of her help.

LTC Consumer response

That's fantastic that Lisa was able to help you protect your retirment and your family. Thank you for the positive feedback.

Original review: April 15, 2021

I truly enjoyed working with Tom Gilmour during the application process in determining what carrier and plan was best suited for me. He demonstrated astute skill in his presentation and his experience was most evident. Thanks Tom and I look forward to experiencing Mutual of Omaha's excellent protection in long term care.

LTC Consumer response

Tom is truly an experienced long term care insurance expert, and we've very happy he was able to help your family gain peace of mind.

Original review: April 13, 2021

Lisa was knowledgeable on each issue. She went above and beyond in addressing issues we had with another carrier, helping us attain the best possible outcomes. She was able to investigate all options and we feel we have the best insurance for our future needs. Lisa is beyond pleasant, she is fun to work with. Highly recommended.

LTC Consumer response

We love working with Lisa, and we're so glad you did too. Thank you for the recommendation.

Original review: April 10, 2021

Buying long term care insurance is something we thought about doing for a while but kept putting it off. I am so thankful we finally made the decision to pursue it. Jeff ** made the process easy to understand. His knowledge and professionalism was outstanding. He cares about his clients and is not just "selling" a service but really wants them to understand the importance of the plan. I highly recommend Jeff if you are looking into long term care insurance.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you so much for such a glowing review. We agree that Jeff is fantastic and we're so pleased he was able to help you protect your retirement and your family.

Original review: April 2, 2021

Bill was informative, knowledgeable and personable with his presentation of what Long Term Care Insurance coverage was available. Working long distance through internet meetings worked well and he coordinated times that were convenient with our schedule.

LTC Consumer response

Congrats on protecting your retirement! Pleased Bill was able to assist in a conventient manner.

Original review: April 2, 2021

Rich ** was very knowledgeable concerning the LTC products, the benefits, advantages and disadvantages of each policy and associated Company. He answered all of the questions my wife and I had and helped us with the application process.

LTC Consumer response

Rich knows the LTC Insurnace industry inside and out, and we're very happy he was able to help you and your wife make this important decision.

Original review: March 30, 2021

My wife and I worked with Dan **, an insurance broker out of Beverton, OR, recommended to us through the Dave Ramsey Financial organization. With **'s expertise, we were able to navigate the complex world of short and long term care for "end of life" issues. We found Mr. ** to be knowledgeable, able to answer all of our questions clearly while understanding our financial situation. He was prompt with getting back to us with alternative plan possibilities that met our long-term goals. We would definitely recommend him for "end of life" financial planning needs..

LTC Consumer response

Dan is an expert at breaking down a complicated product, and we're very glad he was able to help you with your long term goals.

Original review: March 27, 2021

Jeff ** contacted my husband and I through the Dave Ramsey referral program. Jeff has been very helpful as we research our Long Term Care insurance options. He explained LTI very clearly and was informative. We appreciated the charts he created with our different options. Thank you Jeff for your patience, clarity and knowledge. Terry and Mia

LTC Consumer response

We love hearing when our specialists are informative and patient. Thank you for your review.

Original review: March 24, 2021

My husband and I recently spoke with Dan ** about LTC. Dan was informative, patient, personable, and sensitive to our needs. He answered all our questions and answered some we did not know we had! I will definitely call Dan in the future, if we have any questions.

LTC Consumer response

Anticipating questions and providing in-depth information is what makes our team experts, and we welcome any further questions you may have in the future. Thanks for the review!

Original review: March 23, 2021

Dan ** was extremely professional, knowledgeable, and took time to explain about the LTC products as well as the various features of the policies. He also answered the multiple questions I had. All this led me to choose a LTC plan that I felt was the best fit for me. Thank you.

LTC Consumer response

We appreciate your kind words, and we're very happy Dan was able to help you and your family.

Original review: March 22, 2021

We were very pleased with our experience with Mr. **. VERY professional, knowledgeable, and kept us at ease! He explained everything in great detail and made sure we understood each step of the process to obtain long term care insurance. We would definitely recommend him to friends and family.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you so much for the amazing review! We're so pleased Jonathan was able to help you protect your financial future.

Original review: March 16, 2021

Bill ** was very helpful to my husband and me, as we shopped for the right LTC insurance. He made it easy to understand, and therefore our choice was simple to make. Bill was professional, always on time... and pleasant.

LTC Consumer response

LTC Insurance is a big, complicated decision - so we're glad Bill helped make the choice simple. Thanks for the kind words.

Original review: March 16, 2021

Millie was great - and I've dealt with another salesperson before about LTC and a dud compared to Millie. She is personable but not schmoozy. And she uses her tools so effectively. She has a "heart of a teacher" as Ramsey says. Approachable and efficient. That's a pretty good combination. I'd recommend Millie in a heartbeat.

LTC Consumer response

Having the "heart of a teacher" is just about the highest compliment in our book. Thank you so much for the fantastic review.

Original review: March 13, 2021

Millie was excellent. She was very knowledgeable and easy to work with. She took the time to answer our questions and even did an additional call to answer questions that my son had. Very professional.

LTC Consumer response

We're so glad to hear you were pleased working with Millie. We think she's a gem, always nice to hear when others agree.

Original review: March 11, 2021

So far this has been a good experience. Catherine has been very willing to work with our schedules, even scheduling in the evening. The module she used was quickly interchangeable to adapt to different scenarios. Highly recommend.

LTC Consumer response

So glad you had a good experience! Cathy is fantastic and a wealth of knowledge, so we know she won't steer you wrong.

Original review: March 10, 2021

I enjoyed working with Sarae. She worked within my needs and budget to provide multiple options. She also found a great option with a life insurance policy with a long term care rider. I recommend working with Sarae to anyone shopping for Long Term Care insurance.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for the recommendation, it's always nice to protect your retirement and savings, while staying on budget!

Original review: March 9, 2021

We are highly satisfied by the guidance and thorough, honest explanations of the different LTC policies presented to us by Jeff **. He helped us to easily make an informed choice on which policy would suit our specific needs if we ever need to use LTC insurance.

LTC Consumer response

Thanks for the amazing review, there's nothing better than feeling informed and protected. We're glad you now have coverage in place.

Original review: March 4, 2021

Bill ** was extremely helpful in educating and guiding me through the LTC insurance process. Bill communicated with me in a timely manner, answering all of my questions via email or during the Zoom meeting. I felt comfortable with his knowledge and experience with LTC insurance.

LTC Consumer response

Bill is the ultimate LTC Insurance guide, and we're happy he helped you get to your destination.

LTC Consumer Company Information