5.0/5 (134 ratings)

About LTC Consumer

LTC Consumer is an independent website that provides consumers with information and resources on long-term care. LTC Consumer has long-term care insurance specialists on staff and is dedicated to helping you compare prices and find a long-term care program that fits your needs. Visit the LTC Consumer website for more information on the benefits of long-term care insurance!

Pros

• Certified long-term care specialists
  • Get a quick quote online
  • Free resources and information

Cons

• Not a long-term care provider

Bottom Line

LTC Consumer provides consumers with resources on long-term care plans, including pricing and features. The company’s insurance specialists help you compare plans and find one that fits your needs.

What does LTC Consumer do?

LTC Consumer believes it’s vital for individuals to have the freedom to research their long-term care options, which is why the company provides clear resources and information on the benefits of long-term care plans on its website.

Long-term care plans function like an insurance policy, so it’s essential to consider multiple providers before purchasing one. LTC Consumer strives to provide consumers with the information they need to compare insurance policies. If you’re not sure what to look for in a long-term care plan, you can speak with LTC Consumer’s staff of certified long-term care specialists. They help you compare providers and decide what specific features you need.

Long-term care insurance covers a wide variety of treatments and aid-giving options, including home health care, adult care assistance and help with cognitive impairments, including Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. Long-term care insurance helps people who struggle with daily activities, including:

• Bathing
  • Eating
  • Dressing
  • Using the toilet
  • Continence
  • Transferring

How LTC Consumer helps you choose the right plan

LTC Consumer helps you select the right long-term care plan by narrowing the options based on your specific needs. When it comes to long-term care, the right plan for you is one that fits your requirements.

Different long-term care plans cover the following services and facilities:

• Home health care
  • Respite care
  • Hospice care
  • In-home personal care
  • Adult daycare centers
  • Assisted living facilities
  • Nursing homes
  • Memory care facilities

Work with one of LTC’s insurance specialists to discover what kind of coverage best suits you. Speak with an LTC Consumer Specialist to find out if you qualify for discounts. You might be eligible for discounts based on the following factors:

• Good health
  • Marital or domestic partner status
  • Valued client/multiple-party discounts
  • Multiple family members applying with the same carrier
  • Group rates available through your employer

Is LTC Consumer worth it?

LTC Consumer is an independent website that provides consumers with resources and information on long term care plans. If you’re searching for advice on purchasing long-term care insurance and need professional assistance, LTC Consumer's team of experts helps you find the right fit.

LTC Consumer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LTC Consumer?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LTC Consumer?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I first contacted LTC Consumer online to submit a request for LTC insurance to get some quotes. Received a fast response the next day via email from Kathryn **. From the first email, phone call and throughout the process so far (quotes, reviewing quotes, application process etc.), Kathy has been very helpful. She has explained the various options available based on what we were looking for, provided beneficial advice on what different nuances in the plans to consider and keep in mind when selecting a plan. She’s answered all questions raised and was very thorough in going over the different benefits in the plans without being pushy. Glad to be working with such a nice, extremely knowledgeable agent as Kathy. Would recommend her to all looking for LTC plans or other plans that are supported by LTC Consumer.

LTC Consumer response

What a brilliant review! Thank you! And we're so happy Kathryn was able to guide your family on your Long-Term Care Insurance journey.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

Jeff ** helped us apply for long-term care insurance with National Guardian. As Washington State residents under this new, upcoming excise tax and its one-time exemption, there has been a steep learning curve in a very short window of time, but Jeff has really helped us understand our options and what would work best for us, and then he guided us through the process.

Yesterday, Jeff learned via email that National Guardian, now inundated with new applications from Washington State residents, would stop taking applications at 6pm EST that very day. We had a meeting scheduled that day with Jeff for 8pm EST to finalize our application and provide our signatures. Jeff phoned us as soon as he got word of this new, sudden deadline, and we were able to finalize and submit our application with only minutes to spare before the deadline.

I cannot think of a greater example of someone caring for his clients and their goals, as he went out of his way to make sure that our application would go through, especially as this was more or less our last chance to apply for long-term care insurance and (hopefully) qualify for the one-time exemption to the upcoming excise tax in Washington State. Jeff was friendly, helpful, informative, and patient, and we won't hesitate to recommend him to anyone looking for long-term care insurance in the future. Thank you, Jeff!

LTC Consumer response

What a thoughtful and wonderful review! Thank you! And we're so glad Jeff was able to help your family out in a pinch.

Get buying tips about Long Term Care Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

1) I chose to pursue an LTC product through Zander due to its affiliation with the Dave Ramsey organization and was “assigned” to Rich ** who contacted me promptly, spoke professionally, understood my communication preferences, and was clearly knowledgeable. 2) With a few strategic questions and good humor sorting through my initial information, Rich was able to steer me in an appropriate direction and set up a meeting promptly. 3) I investigated online Rich’s professional background and was pleased to discover his level of experience and expertise.

4) I had already given much thought and research over several months to the idea of purchasing an LTC policy, Rich’s “no pressure” straightforward guidance has helped me to feel confident that the product I purchased is necessary, a good value and that I have a professional with whom I can consult with confidence going forward. 5) Rich accomplished this within 2 days' time.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for such an amazing testimony to Rich's LTC Insurance expertise. We're happy to hear you had a good experience and a satisfying purchase.

Original review: June 1, 2021

Once we got a chance to talk with Jonathan it was a good experience. I struggled initially with getting an appointment with him. He seemed too busy to handle another client, taking another 2 months to get a set appointment. So it would have helped to have more information initially about setting an appointment. He explains all aspects of the policy well. We feel confident we have the right product for our situation.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for your review, not getting an appointment right away is frustrating. We're sorry for the delay, the state of Washington has a new payroll tax for long term care which has most LTC Specialists receiving four to five times as many requests for info as normal. We're glad you were able to connect though, and very pleased you found a solution you and your family are happy with.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

Jonathan was incredibly detailed in the way he explained Long Term Care insurance to me. He was courteous, responsive to questions, excellent information provided regarding my questions, he was also very patient since we had some technical difficulties with Zoom video conferencing. I was having trouble downloading it to my computer and he waited calmly for about 10 minutes while I troubleshooted the problem on my pc. When I was finally able to open the app and video conference with him, he displayed a lot of poise as he explained the value this coverage provides and compared different providers and even how inflation would play a part in the value of long-term care and how each individual company deals with this issue. I was very satisfied with his professionalism and would absolutely recommend him to friends and family if they need this service. Regards, Alejandro **

LTC Consumer response

Such an amazing testimony to Jonathan's character and wisdom. We're so pleased you found a policy that meets your retirement needs.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Sam was very helpful and explained everything about the policy. She was punctual on all the zoom calls and has kept me informed about everything along the way. The application process went smoothly except for some of the repetitive questions on the application.

LTC Consumer response

We love Sam! And we're so happy she was able to help you protect your retirement and gain peace of mind.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Bill ** was very helpful to us in finding a plan that fit our needs. He answered all of our questions and was very knowledgeable of the process as well as the different products available. I highly recommend Bill if you're considering purchasing LTC insurance.

LTC Consumer response

Thanks for the recommendation! We love that our team works with clients to find the perfect product for their needs, they don't pressure for more than what's necessary. Congrats on your coverage!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

Jonathan ** was extremely professional in handling our situation. My wife and I had some apprehension about getting LTC insurance at first, despite the Urgings of my father-in-law. He ultimately showed us a budget-friendly tailored plan that put our reluctance at ease.

LTC Consumer response

That's the great thing about our LTC Consumer team of specialists. They don't have a one-and-done plan they try to sell over and over. They really listen, discuss, and plan with you. We're so happy you now have protection in place and peace of mind.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

Responses were prompt. The information was excellent. Jeff **, Consumer Specialist is outstanding!!! No high-pressure sales tactics. Clear information and explanations were provided. Valuable assistance was given throughout the process of evaluation, decision, and application. Highly recommended without any reservation.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for your recommendation! We also think Jeff is amazing. Congrats on getting coverage and protecting your retirement assets!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Bill did a great job helping me obtain long-term care insurance for my mother. He provided many quotes to make sure that we had all of the options before us. I am super pleased with his service and would recommend him to anyone considering long-term care options.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for the recommendation, and we are so pleased Bill was able to help your family find some peace of mind in retirement.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

After researching this insurance product for two years my husband and I decided to move forward with Jonathan ** from Policy Genius and purchase a National Guardian policy. Jonathan patiently explained all aspects of the policy and made us feel comfortable and confident with our decision. We can now work toward full retirement knowing our assets are protected and giving us great peace of mind. I would highly recommend Jonathan if you are considering Long Term Care Insurance as part of your retirement plan.

LTC Consumer response

Giving people peace of mind in retirement is our primary goal. Thank you for the review, and congrats on your policy.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Dan ** was a very helpful and professional insurance agent. He was able to answer all of our questions and exceeded the expectations we had for this experience. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is in the market for this coverage.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for your review! Dan has been in this industry a long time, seen many changes, and helped so many families find protection for their retirement income. Congrats on your coverage.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I worked with Samantha ** over the course of several weeks, during which we exchanged questions and information. Samantha was extremely helpful, calm, and encouraging, which removed the stress that I initially felt. Samantha is well informed and positive and I really appreciated both her cheerfulness and professionalism.

LTC Consumer response

We appreciate your kind words, and wholeheartedly agree about Samantha. We think she's a gem, and we're so happy she helped alleviate your stress and guide you on such an important purchase.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

We submitted a form to the Ramsey Network for an insurance ELP and were contacted by Jeff. He was knowledgeable, efficient, kind and open to our timeframe. He found us different options and found us one that had very good coverage and within our price range. I would recommend his services to anyone looking for long term care.

LTC Consumer response

Thanks for the recommendation! So glad Jeff was everything you needed on your LTC Insurance journey.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

We were so happy to have Sarae ** as our LTC consumer specialist. She's very knowledgeable, accommodating and responded to all our inquiries. We tried to get quotes from different companies for LTC; our decision to choose the company that Sarae offered was not only because of the company but how she presented it and made us feel valued and appreciated.

LTC Consumer response

Sarae is amazing, and we're so pleased you feel the same. Congrats on your new LTC Insurance policy!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

We all appreciate excellent customer service. You will find it if you work with Jeff **. He is a seasoned professional who is able to educate someone like me who doesn't deal much with insurance without making you feel dumb. He is very personable yet doesn't "overshare". (You know what I'm talking about!) He makes you feel that the time-worn phrase "the opportunity to serve you" is really true in his case. And you sense that he will be genuinely glad to help you in future if the need arises. Character matters to him, and he will guide you kindly through the never-fun task of purchasing long-term care insurance. Thank you, Jeff!

LTC Consumer response

Wait, purchasing LTC Insurance isn't fun? Kidding! We're very happy Jeff was able to help you secure coverage, and feel at ease while doing so.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

So far the experience has been great. Richard took time on the initial call to ask questions and determine our need. He then provided some customized solutions to meet our goals. I would describe Richard as knowledgeable of the various products, thorough, professional and efficient.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're excited for you to have retirement protection and ultimate peace of mind.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

Jonathan ** made this often arduous process very easy. He was both educational and pleasant as he walked me through the details of understanding what Long-Term Care is and what would be best for me and our family. He was open to questions of all types and answered all of them fully. He was good at providing information on things to be aware of and to consider, but never offered pressure of any kind, only suggestions based on our discussions and the specific needs I had. Highly recommend his services for this type of insurance.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for the amazing review! We appreciate the recommendation. We think Jonathan is a gem and we're so happy he was able to help your family.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

We appreciated Jeff’s professionalism and approachable manner in explaining the process and any terminology that we were unfamiliar with. The entire application process was easy and fast, thanks to his great customer service. We’re happy and looking forward to getting our new policy.

LTC Consumer response

When people describe the long term care insurance application process as "easy and fast" then we know we've done our job right. Congrats on your policy!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

Working with Dan was quick and easy to do! I would totally recommend anyone to work with him if you have insurance needs. I reached out online (after office hours) and the next day (a Sunday might I add), I heard from Dan! He helped me find a LTC plan in Washington before the deadline! Many others turned me away (as everyone in Washington state scurries to find a LTC plan), but not Dan! My application has been submitted and now it’s in the underwriting process. Thanks Dan!

LTC Consumer response

What a great review! Thank you. And we're so pleased Dan was able to help find you coverage in time.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Jonathan fit us in very promptly. He very patiently answered our many questions and helped us choose the right product for us. The whole process was straightforward and transparent. He did such a good job that at the end of the call my wife stated that she was excited to sign up for this insurance.

LTC Consumer response

Excited about insurance?! Our work here is done. Thank you! That's the biggest compliment anyone could ever give Jonathan. We're excited about the peace of mind you've gained.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Lisa was a super helpful advisor, walked my wife and I through many alternatives without being overwhelming. Helped us select an appropriate policy and was super efficient in execution. Strongly recommend.

LTC Consumer response

Thanks for the great review, we appreciate the recommendation. Lisa is so good at breaking down a complicated subject and making it more accessible. So glad she was able to help you find the best policy to fit your needs.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

We had a great experience. It was evident that our needs were taken into consideration and we did not feel pressured at all. Everything was well explained and all our questions were answered and explained. The pace was great in explaining different option while staying on topic and covering a lot of information quickly but thoroughly.

LTC Consumer response

We think it's important to educate and be a resource for guidance and questions. Thank you for confirming Jonathan did just that. We're pleased you've got coverage for your future.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

She was a great help getting my wife and I LTC. Many insurance companies are no longer providing LTC in the state of Washington given the surge of applications due to the new state payroll tax. We are grateful for all the work Lisa did to help us!

LTC Consumer response

Lisa makes understanding LTC insurance easy, and your kind words are fantastic to hear. Congrats on protecting your family and your retirement.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

My husband and I had a great experience exploring LTC insurance options and ultimately applied for coverage. Due to the new, fairly unpublicized, Washington State Legislation, it made it a bit more challenging for us. However, Jonathan ** was excellent! He was professional, informative and very helpful during the process. We would highly recommend him to anyone.

LTC Consumer response

Thanks for the awesome review! The Washington situation has made a lot of people feel frantic, and we're so glad Jonathan could help out.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

We had a great experience with Jonathan. He was very thorough and didn't try to sell us anything. Great wealth of knowledge. He suggested the plan he felt would fit our needs but showed us all plans. Ultimately his suggestion was the one we proceeded with.

LTC Consumer response

We pride ourselves on having a team that focuses on educating and informing, rather than pushing and prodding. Thank you for confirming that, and we're excited you've purchased this important coverage!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

Dan ** provided outstanding service. He was informative, never pushy, and performed follow-up with phone calls keeping me updated with the latest info. When under a tight deadline he was able to get me the policy that fitted my needs. My hat goes off to him!!

LTC Consumer response

Dan loves helping people protect their retirement, and we love hearing how great he is at it! Congrats on your coverage!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Cathy is simply a joy to work with. She patiently answered all my concerns and needs and made sure I had the right insurance solution that fit into my life and financial goals. She is quick, knowledgeable and responsive.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for the kind review. We think Cathy is a joy to work with as well. So glad she was able to help you achieve your financial protection goals.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Jonathan was very upfront with us. He was patient and very kind. Although we were surprised at the high price of long term care insurance, Jonathan explained things in an understandable way. I would highly recommend Jonathan to others.

LTC Consumer response

Education is always our first priority, and it is wonderful to hear Jonathan is so great at it. Thank you for the kind words.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Rich ** was very knowledgeable about the various plans and helped my wife and I understand the plans as we had little knowledge of them. Rich was always quick to get back to us and always accommodated our busy schedules. The process was quite simple and Rich walk us through every step of it. It was a pleasure working with Rich.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for the glowing review, we really appreciate the feedback. Congrats on your new policy and protecting your family's future.

LTC Consumer Company Information