Get a Free Quote
Accredited Partner

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.92/5

LTC Consumer is an independent website that provides consumers with information and resources on long-term care. LTC Consumer has long-term care insurance specialists on staff and is dedicated to helping you compare prices and find a long-term care program that fits your needs. Visit the LTC Consumer website for more information on the benefits of long-term care insurance!

BOTTOM LINE

LTC Consumer provides consumers with resources on long-term care plans, including pricing and features. The company’s insurance specialists help you compare plans and find one that fits your needs.

PROS

• Certified long-term care specialists
  • Get a quick quote online
  • Free resources and information

CONS

• Not a long-term care provider

What does LTC Consumer do?

LTC Consumer believes it’s vital for individuals to have the freedom to research their long-term care options, which is why the company provides clear resources and information on the benefits of long-term care plans on its website.

Long-term care plans function like an insurance policy, so it’s essential to consider multiple providers before purchasing one. LTC Consumer strives to provide consumers with the information they need to compare insurance policies. If you’re not sure what to look for in a long-term care plan, you can speak with LTC Consumer’s staff of certified long-term care specialists. They help you compare providers and decide what specific features you need.

Long-term care insurance covers a wide variety of treatments and aid-giving options, including home health care, adult care assistance and help with cognitive impairments, including Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. Long-term care insurance helps people who struggle with daily activities, including:

• Bathing
  • Eating
  • Dressing
  • Using the toilet
  • Continence
  • Transferring

How LTC Consumer helps you choose the right plan

LTC Consumer helps you select the right long-term care plan by narrowing the options based on your specific needs. When it comes to long-term care, the right plan for you is one that fits your requirements.

Different long-term care plans cover the following services and facilities:

• Home health care
  • Respite care
  • Hospice care
  • In-home personal care
  • Adult daycare centers
  • Assisted living facilities
  • Nursing homes
  • Memory care facilities

Work with one of LTC’s insurance specialists to discover what kind of coverage best suits you. Speak with an LTC Consumer Specialist to find out if you qualify for discounts. You might be eligible for discounts based on the following factors:

• Good health
  • Marital or domestic partner status
  • Valued client/multiple-party discounts
  • Multiple family members applying with the same carrier
  • Group rates available through your employer

Is LTC Consumer worth it?

LTC Consumer is an independent website that provides consumers with resources and information on long term care plans. If you’re searching for advice on purchasing long-term care insurance and need professional assistance, LTC Consumer's team of experts helps you find the right fit.

LTC Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 27, 2020

We are a retired couple living in Alabama who decided to consider applying for a Long Term Care Insurance policy. We contacted Zander online. Very promptly Richard ** reached out to us. He very professionally asked us about our motivation and need. Like a teacher he guided us through our options and answered all of our questions. He proposed a couple of possibilities, worked around our schedule, and expertly satisfied all of our concerns. We believe R. ** is an excellent representative of the company, very professional, and quite attentive to us his clients. We have no problem recommending him to Family and Friends who also express a need for a Long Term Care Insurance policy.

LTC Consumer response

Thanks so much for your feedback, we appreciate the recommendation!

Get expert buying tips about Long Term Care Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 20, 2020

The first agent I worked with kept throwing quotes at me, but the second agent I had was excellent. Instead of trying to sell a policy, she explained all the little details and answered all my questions. We connected on the PC where she showed me charts and how to tailor the payment to something I could afford. She showed data between the different insurance companies that were available and made the choice a lot easier. In the end, I was very happy with the product I received.

LTC Consumer response

Education is key when making this sort of decision, so we're so glad you found an agent you connected with who made your choice easier.

Original review: March 14, 2020

We first spoke with Cathy ** in Sales. She was very professional and really helped us understand our options. Would highly recommend her. We have the nurse visit with Kristen. She too was friendly and professional and made you feel at ease as she explained what per part was in the process. Would recommend LTC to anyone who is looking for experience, professional and good customer service.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you so much for the recommendation, we appreciate you taking time to give us feedback. We agree Cathy is outstanding, and we're glad you had a positive long-term care insurance experience.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

LTC was the recommendation from the place where we were trying to get coverage through and their representatives we dealt with were kind and courteous. The enrollment process was long, but it was okay. My only displeasure is that my doctor gave them bad information, and they denied me coverage because of it. And they won't reverse it. They called and talked to me about stuff, and I had had to change doctors because my doctor retired. That's where it got all mixed up. I'm not really happy with the scenario and I felt like I was being accused of lying. Still, I was treated okay.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for giving us this review. Applying for LTC can be a lengthy process especially if medical records are inaccurate. Unfortunately, you are not alone in having inaccurate information on their medical record. We recommend everyone should review their medical records periodically just like their credit report to make sure they are accurate. I am sorry you felt like you were being accused of lying by the insurance company. It can be difficult for the many that are honest to go through a process to try and figure out the few that are lying.

I appreciate the positive review and keeping with the underwriting process even though it was longer than expected. By the way, we are based in Portland, OR your neighbor across the river and would be happy to meet in person if you would like. Here is my contact info

Nathan Sanow
    Executive Director

nathan@ltcconsumer.com

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I reached out to a couple of folks on long-term care, and the person who got back to me from LTC Consumer was the most responsive. I spoke with Cathy and she was so responsive. She worked with my schedule and fit in in the middle of my workday. I went back and forth with her several times around the specifics of what I was looking for and I she listened very well. She also got back to me with the information so I was really happy with her.

LTC Consumer response

We are so happy you chose to work with us! Cathy is one of our best Specialists and has been helping people for 20+ years. We are glad you appreciated the responsiveness and flexibility of working with your schedule. We work hard to make the learning and applying process simple. We appreciate the great review!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LTC Consumer?

Original review: April 2, 2020

Jonathan ** did a great job laying out the LTC landscape for us and helping us to make a good decision. He is a real pro and extremely knowledgable. We felt he went out of his way to be transparent. We had the confidence to sign up at the end of his presentation and he facilitated the application smoothly. One thing: the process can be time-consuming, so make sure you have a good window.

Original review: April 2, 2020

I was putting off getting Long TermCare Insurance. Rich ** made the process simple, efficient and educational. Everything about process was flawless!!! Thank you for turning something I was dreading into a pleasant experience!!!

LTC Consumer response

We're so glad you had a pleasant experience, that's the entire goal. We have worked tirelessly for this exact feedback. Thank you for leaving us such kind words.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
    Original review: March 30, 2020

Overall it has been a good experience. It is frustrating to have to spend an hour doing medical history when getting blood work, a long time doing medical history when applying and a very long time going over medical history with the nurse. It seems like repetitive information that takes a long time.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I Heard about LTC through Dave Ramsey Podcast. I researched this insurance and realized it was something we should have. Went to Zander Insurance and my contact was Thomas **. He was very helpful, and gave me a lot of information. Tom walked me through everything. I now have LTC Insurance and feel much better going forward in life. I would highly recommend Zander Insurance and also Tom **. Thank you.

LTC Consumer response

Peace of mind is the best feeling, and we're so glad that Tom and LTC Consumer could help you find that. Thank you for the fantastic feedback!

Original review: March 27, 2020

I liked the way that LTC Consumer was represented and decided to use them. I thought very highly of the rep. She was very thorough, provided continuous follow-up and had good communication.

LTC Consumer response

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your experience was, and we're pleased it went so well.

Original review: March 26, 2020

Jonathan was professional and knowledgeable. He found us a workable and affordable insurance option for our long term care objectives. He seemed to understand the options better than other agents I had talked with.

LTC Consumer response

Jonathan knows the ins and outs of all of our options, and he's a fantastic resource for your long term care needs. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a few kind words.

Original review: March 24, 2020

Curt was patient, explained things to me and I never felt pressured. We compared the insurer against other companies, including one I had talked to earlier that same day. I feel comfortable with the policy choose for me, Mutual of Omaha, but I do want to follow up with Curt on a couple more things that came to mind.

LTC Consumer response

Being comfortable with your purchase is so important, we're so glad you've had a great experience. Thanks for the review!

Original review: March 18, 2020

My broker told me about LTC. We were looking at a few different companies, but LTC was a strong company. The process has been easy and they know their stuff. I just had some questions and am waiting on a final response but it seems to be pretty good so far with LTC.

LTC Consumer response

Glad to hear the process has been easy and has gone well. At LTC Consumer we believe in education first. You should receive your final response answers very soon.

Original review: March 17, 2020

From the first callback to the last detail to send my insurance application I was more than happy with Dan's communication and patience with me as I was sick for two entire weeks with the flu. I appreciated his promptness and professionalism.

LTC Consumer response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback, and we're so glad you enjoyed a positive long-term care buying experience.

Original review: March 16, 2020

Jonathan ** was on time and answered all of our questions. He gave us several option to choose from. There was no pressure, from him, for us to make a decision. He seemed to be very well informed of the options that were available. I would recommend him to anyone I know.

LTC Consumer response

We're so happy you enjoyed our no pressure approach and found a long-term care policy to protect your future.

Original review: March 12, 2020

Jonathan did a thorough job of explaining our options with the various policies and carriers. He remained patient while answering our many questions and addressing any concerns we had. We received a good product that we could manage now and even with a future reduced family budget as we plan on retirement.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for the kind words, Milinda! We're so happy your experience shopping for long-term care insurance with Jonathan went so smoothly.

Original review: March 7, 2020

I was so appreciative of the prompt and thorough meeting to discuss my insurance needs. The entire process was informative and I learned much in the process. I was treated with respect and truly appreciated the personal process. I worked with 2 other prospective agents in this search for insurance and I would recommend Curt.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for such a great review!!

We are so happy to hear you thought the process was informative and respectful. We focus on helping people get educated and plan for a long term care event more than selling something. Having a plan in place is a vital part of a secure financial future and we are honored you chose us to work with.

Curt is one of our best and most experienced Specialists.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

We've been very satisfied with LTC. Everything has been fantastic and it was a very easy experience.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for a great review!! We work hard to make the process simple and easy to understand.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

There's no getting around the fact that you have to look up a bunch of information about your medical history, but the agent I worked with, Sarae, was friendly and took the time to work with me. I probably wouldn't have done this if I'd had to wade through this on my own.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for the great review!!

Reviewing medical history is a requirement for all of the insurance companies and we try to make it as simple as possible. We tell people they pay for LTC insurance with money, but they BUY it with their health. Meaning it doesn't matter how much money you have if you are not healthy enough to get the coverage the insurance company won't offer it. This is why it is SO important to start the planning process early.

We agree Sarae is great.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

I went through Dave Ramsey and Zander Insurance and my experience with LTC Consumer has been good. I appreciated the agents that I spoke with. Working with LTC has given me some sense of peace of mind knowing that I'm in process with getting the things in order that I think are important based on the stage of life I'm in. It's been a very smooth and informative experience. And it has also been an easy way to navigate something that I wasn't familiar with.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for the great review and we work hard to make the process as simple as possible.

We are fortunate to help thousands of Dave Ramsey listeners and Zander Insurance customers each year protect what is most important to them with long term care.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

We heard about LTC through Dave Ramsey and our interaction with their reps was very professional.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for the great review. We are big Dave Ramsey fans and get to help thousands of his listeners each year plan for long term care event.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

My husband and I both were recently 60, and we thought it was time. This was the first one that we went to and we were okay with the prices. The rep was very nice and walked me through everything.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for the great review and allowing us to help you! Our Long Term Care Specialists are some of the best planners in the country and we work for you the consumer not any specific insurance company to make sure you get the best policy from the best carrier at the best price. We work hard to make the process simple and easy to walk through.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

The lady that repeatedly helped me was very knowledgeable and helpful. No pressure, always prompt to reply and offered me help on how I could figure out what to buy and compare benefits and cost. I did end up buying LTC for my husband and Recovery Care for me. Very pleased.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for the great review and allowing us to help you!! You gave us a great compliment in we focus on education not sales. One of our mantras is not everyone should have long term care insurance but everyone should have a plan for long term care.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

My parents and my grandparents have LTC. I got mine this year and my experience has been good. It’s insurance used for a nursing home or private care that your health insurance won’t cover when you get old. It protects your assets.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for choosing us to help you and for the positive review! You have seen first hand the benefit for the rest family with you grandparents and parents having a policy knowing they are protected. It allows the family to be family and not have to be care providers.

LTC Consumer Company Information

ltcconsumer.com

Get the news you need delivered to you

Sign up to receive our free weekly newsletter. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.

You’re signed up

We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.