Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.96/5

LTC Consumer is an independent website that provides consumers with information and resources on long-term care. LTC Consumer has long-term care insurance specialists on staff and is dedicated to helping you compare prices and find a long-term care program that fits your needs. Visit the LTC Consumer website for more information on the benefits of long-term care insurance!

BOTTOM LINE

LTC Consumer provides consumers with resources on long-term care plans, including pricing and features. The company’s insurance specialists help you compare plans and find one that fits your needs.

PROS

• Certified long-term care specialists
  • Get a quick quote online
  • Free resources and information

CONS

• Not a long-term care provider
LTC Consumer Call Now Toll Free (877) 808-4855 Learn More

Call Now Toll Free

What does LTC Consumer do?

LTC Consumer believes it’s vital for individuals to have the freedom to research their long-term care options, which is why the company provides clear resources and information on the benefits of long-term care plans on its website.

Long-term care plans function like an insurance policy, so it’s essential to consider multiple providers before purchasing one. LTC Consumer strives to provide consumers with the information they need to compare insurance policies. If you’re not sure what to look for in a long-term care plan, you can speak with LTC Consumer’s staff of certified long-term care specialists. They help you compare providers and decide what specific features you need.

Long-term care insurance covers a wide variety of treatments and aid-giving options, including home health care, adult care assistance and help with cognitive impairments, including Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. Long-term care insurance helps people who struggle with daily activities, including:

• Bathing
    • Eating
    • Dressing
    • Using the toilet
    • Continence
    • Transferring

How LTC Consumer helps you choose the right plan

LTC Consumer helps you select the right long-term care plan by narrowing the options based on your specific needs. When it comes to long-term care, the right plan for you is one that fits your requirements.

Different long-term care plans cover the following services and facilities:

• Home health care
    • Respite care
    • Hospice care
    • In-home personal care
    • Adult daycare centers
    • Assisted living facilities
    • Nursing homes
    • Memory care facilities

Work with one of LTC’s insurance specialists to discover what kind of coverage best suits you. Speak with an LTC Consumer Specialist to find out if you qualify for discounts. You might be eligible for discounts based on the following factors:

• Good health
    • Marital or domestic partner status
    • Valued client/multiple-party discounts
    • Multiple family members applying with the same carrier
    • Group rates available through your employer

Is LTC Consumer worth it?

LTC Consumer is an independent website that provides consumers with resources and information on long term care plans. If you’re searching for advice on purchasing long-term care insurance and need professional assistance, LTC Consumer's team of experts helps you find the right fit.

LTC Consumer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LTC Consumer?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about LTC Consumer?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

Jonathan was incredibly detailed in the way he explained Long Term Care insurance to me. He was courteous, responsive to questions, excellent information provided regarding my questions, he was also very patient since we had some technical difficulties with Zoom video conferencing. I was having trouble downloading it to my computer and he waited calmly for about 10 minutes while I troubleshooted the problem on my pc. When I was finally able to open the app and video conference with him, he displayed a lot of poise as he explained the value this coverage provides and compared different providers and even how inflation would play a part in the value of long-term care and how each individual company deals with this issue. I was very satisfied with his professionalism and would absolutely recommend him to friends and family if they need this service. Regards, Alejandro **

LTC Consumer response

Such an amazing testimony to Jonathan's character and wisdom. We're so pleased you found a policy that meets your retirement needs.

Original review: June 16, 2020

I appreciated the process with Jonathan. From the initial setting up of the meeting; to the weekly reminder of the meeting; the process of logging in for the meeting - seamless. The introduction of how we would move through the meeting was very helpful. I was then able to wait on all my initial questions because I knew they would be answered as we moved through the meeting. Jonathan took his time to explain each step and allow me to ask questions or voice concerns.

Jonathan answered questions from the professional point of view; but when I wanted a personal opinion, he gave his view point. Our conversation was good dialogue to make sure I was making the best decision for myself. Jonathan gave me the time to look at several companies; then we narrowed it down to two. This took some time to discuss the two companies and the product. Jonathan answered my concerns by giving long view scenarios to think about and discuss.

The whole meeting was good discussion as we worked through the best product. The final step of completing the application was very easy to complete. I appreciated the e-signatures. The transparency of the process was reassuring. As I age and being careful with who I can trust with my well being and finances; I appreciate knowing Jonathan will be walking through this process from the beginning to end is very reassuring. A good process and peace of mind.

LTC Consumer response

Deborah, it sounds like no question or concern was left unanswered, and you ended up with excellent long-term care coverage. That's so great to hear, thanks for the feedback.

Get buying tips about Long Term Care Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I was concerned that I didn't have longer-term care insurance. My therapist told me about how her policy is also like life insurance if she doesn't use it. I thought that was a really good investment. However, the interview was a little confusing. The customer service lady asked questions. I had to say that I was gonna tell the truth and then she said that this part of the interview is over. Then, she started asking me more delicate questions. I answered them truthfully as they could always look at my medical records. I got a letter from the company and they said that was why they turned me down. The lady was very professional. It was just something that I was uncomfortable with.

LTC Consumer response

The LTC insurance carrier's personal health interview is used to assess eligibility for LTC Insurance, we're sorry if it was confusing or uncomfortable. Unfortunately some conditions and medications will result in a declination. If you authorize it, and your LTC Consumer Specialist knows what specifically caused the declination they can look at other insurance carrier options, or recommend other courses of action. We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: April 22, 2020

LTC’s price was appropriate. It was a lot better than I expected it to be. The enrolment process was easy although it's always uncomfortable for me to talk to someone I don’t know with personal information like putting my social security number in a document. I keep a pretty close tab on my paperwork, so I would notice if there was something wonky.

The process was expedited. On my first contact with them, I was not eligible because I had surgery. And then the rep followed through with everything that he said he was gonna do. He emailed me when he was supposed and called me when he was supposed to. It all happened much quicker than he expected. He thought it would take six to eight weeks and it took less than a week. Overall it was a good experience.

LTC Consumer response

Protecting private information is very important to LTC Consumer, so we're glad you felt comfortable and safe and that your policy was a positive experience. Thank you for the feedback.

Original review: April 20, 2020

Updated on 06/03/2020: I am very grateful for the assistance of the agent that I worked with, very professional, knowledgeable and kind. Due to a long standing health condition I did not qualify for the first plan I applied for. The agent I worked with was pivotal in finding a plan that I did qualify for and I am grateful to now have long term care coverage in place. I am sure I would not have successfully navigated through the search for a plan that I would qualify for on my own.

Original Review: My experience in learning about and submitting an application for long term care insurance was excellent. The agent I worked with presented the information about the policy options clearly - very informative and I feel confident that I understand everything I need to know to make a decision. I cannot imagine receiving a better explanation of the policies and appreciated the screen sharing as we discussed all of the information. Would give 10 stars if that option was available.

LTC Consumer response

This is JUST the response we are striving for. Thank you so much for your kind words. We're happy to hear about your experience with our team.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

Dan made this process so smooth. He listened for the insurance I am looking for within my price point. I appreciate the ease of doing business with the online tools. I was provided clear explanation of the product and all of my questions were answered. The next steps were explained verbally and then followed up by email.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for the kind feedback. Dan is a seasoned professional and we're glad he was able to help you plan for the future and protect your retirement.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

To briefly summarize, Rich was polite, considerate, knowledgeable and comprehensive. My wife and I appreciated his involvement and give Rich high marks for his part in guiding us through this process.

LTC Consumer response

Rich definitely knows his stuff and how to communicate it properly. We're very happy he was able to help you and your wife protect your future and give you peace of mind.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

Jonathan helped me put together a long term care insurance policy that addressed my needs and budget. He did an outstanding job of simplifying the conversation and ensuring I understood was was being presented during the course of our meeting. I would not hesitate to recommend Jonathan to any of my family or friends.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for the recommendation, it really does mean a lot. Jonathan is fantastic and we're pleased he was able to assist your family in protecting your retirement years.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

I was very happy with Jonathan's knowledge of the products we were seeking. He guided us in the right direction and helped us end up where we wanted to be. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars was due to the reminders of our scheduled meetings. I received three texts and two emails, which seem excessive, and were pretty annoying to me. One text and one email would be plenty I believe. Anyway, that being said, I'd recommend him to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Cathy was very thorough in finding out what we wanted and how best to quote that and very cooperative with scheduling application process. She was very knowledgeable and professional, as well as, just simply a kind person. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

LTC Consumer response

Cathy is one of LTC Consumer's finest specialists, and it sounds like she was able to help you protect your retirement and gain peace of mind. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I started looking at Long Term Insurance based on Dave Ramsey’s advice. So I went to the Zander insurance website completed the form and soon after I received a call from Jonathan **. An appointment was made to discuss our options in more detail and in no time Jonathan found a policy that met our needs. He was extremely professional and thorough. It was a pleasure working with him.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for the kind feedback. Jonathan is a true expert and teacher, and we're glad he could assist you in such an important purchase.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

Jeff was fantastic! He was knowledgeable about the different types of LTC ins. He was so patient to answer my many questions & so graciously give me so much un-rushed time. Also very personable so these discussions once turned into a 2+ hr phone call. After many phone calls, I finally made my best decision and I am so happy with it due to all of the information he was able to provide. Applied/ Approved /Done! Thank you so much Jeff.

LTC Consumer response

We think Jeff is amazing as well! And we're so pleased he was able to help your family plan for the future. Thanks for the review!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

Richard was very helpful and explained everything in a way I could understand step by step. He also explained the process and time frame it may take to complete the insurance that I'm applying for. I feel confident if I have any questions along the way, he'd be available to answer any questions. It was a pleasure to do business with him.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for the review, Beryle. Rich would absolutely be available to answer any questions. We appreciate your feedback and are happy you've taken the step to protect your retirement.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Jonathan did an excellent job with helping us understand the product that my wife and I purchased. One thing I would recommend, please don't send reminders out so early in the morning. I was on the west coast last week and received reminders at 4:30 AM. Thank You.

LTC Consumer response

We're so glad Jonathan was able to help you with your Long Term Care Insurance journey. Apologies for the early morning reminder. Those are automated and based on your resident timezone, however, that is good feedback. Congrats on protecting your retirement!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

Millie was extremely helpful in guiding us in the purchase of our LTC policy. There were too many options to comprehend, but she simplified the selection. Her knowledge about all the different plans from multiple companies made her a credible resource to rely on.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you so much for such great feedback. We're so glad Millie was able to facilitate your LTCI policy purchase.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

Working with Jeff was a great experience, his professional, caring and patient demeanor made the purchasing experience much more enjoyable. Jeff took the time to present us with multiple options and helped us make an informed decision. Thank you Jeff, it was a pleasure working with you.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you so much for your review, we think Jeff is fantastic as well, and we're happy he was able to assist your family with such an important decision.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

We began this journey thinking we wouldn't be able to afford long-term insurance. Jonathan continued to search different companies and came up with an affordable plan that we are happy with. I would definitely recommend Jonathan to anyone who is searching for options. He listens to your needs and is prompt/respectful of your time.

LTC Consumer response

We appreciate your feedback. Jonathan is the master of research and finding great options. So glad he was able to help your family.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

Dan ** was wonderful to work with - he spent a lot of time assisting us: presenting us with multiple LTC Insurance options, answering all of our questions, while always keeping our budget in mind. We could not ask for better customer service and we are grateful for the referral from Zander.

LTC Consumer response

That's so great, Drue, that Dan was able to assist your family and find the perfect LTC Insurance option for your needs. Thank you for the great review.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I am appreciative of the thorough explanations and adequate time spent to introduce the different LTC policies and what they cover. I was prepared enough to make a decision on what type of policy I needed to buy and what the benefits would be. Mike was respectful, friendly and patient. I would recommend him to family and friends.

LTC Consumer response

Your kind words are much appreciated, we will pass them along to Mike. We are so pleased he was able to help you find an LTC policy to fit your retirement needs.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

Dan was very receptive to my needs and my concerns. He was consistent about contacting me and scheduling appointments accordingly. He is very knowledgeable and was helpful in picking a plan that suited my needs. I would recommend him in the future.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you so much for the awesome review! Dan is fantastic and we're happy he was able to help you out.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

Both my wife and I appreciated Richard **’s approach and knowledge concerning long term care insurance. We would not hesitate recommending him or utilizing him in the future for other insurance needs. He was very straightforward, honest, and knowledgeable.

LTC Consumer response

Edward, we appreciate your praise and any recommendations. So glad Rich was able to help your family find a plan to fit your needs.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

My experience with Millie ** was one of excellence. She took time to explain the long term care insurance process and was very professional throughout our contacts. I would definitely recommend her and your agency should I have a friend who inquired about the service. OUTSTANDING in answering questions and providing information.

LTC Consumer response

Linda, we're so glad you had such a great experience with Millie. She really is superb.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

My experience with Jeff exceeded my expectations. He truly does have a heart of a teacher. Super cordial, kind and responsive to my questions. Very professional and a great listener. I would recommend him to all of my friends. Great experience. I walked away feeling a sense of peace about my decisions. Exceptional!

LTC Consumer response

We love hearing people say they feel good about purchasing Long Term Care Insurance. It's such an important part of retirement planning. Jeff will certainly appreciate your kind words.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Rich ** did a very good job of explaining pertinent issues relating to long term Care insurance. I appreciated his input regarding the selection of insurance companies and his explanation of their premium differences. He did a great job laying our the current cost of long term care, and how much coverage we should be looking for.

LTC Consumer response

Nothing better than starting out the new year with a solid long term care plan. Fantastic hearing that Rich was able to help you and your family out.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

Bill quickly responded to my request for information about Long Term Care insurance. He showed great flexibility with his schedule and was able to meet with me based on my schedule. Bill is very knowledgeable and explained the different policies in an easy to understand manner and helped me to make the best decision for myself. I highly recommend working with Bill and buying products from him!

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for the fantastic review, we're excited Bill was able to help you and your family formulate the perfect long term care plan for your needs.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

I recently inquired about getting a long term care insurance policy and I was assisted in this process by Jeff **. Jeff was thorough and patient as he guided me through what was best for my wife and I. At no time did I ever feel pressured to purchase something I didn't need. The level of service I received was outstanding and I highly recommend Jeff to anyone. Thank You!

LTC Consumer response

LTC Consumer specialists really pride themselves on a high level of education, no pressure, and outstanding service. So it's awesome to hear that they are hitting those marks and more.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

My wife and I thoroughly appreciated the opportunity to work with Lisa ** when reviewing and deciding on a LTC insurance policy. Lisa was informative, down to earth, and spent all the time necessary for us to understand LTC insurance and to make the right decision. She was not pushy and did not try to "up-sell". We would highly recommend Lisa to any friend or family desiring to obtain LTC insurance in the future! Truly 5 star service!

LTC Consumer response

So happy we were able to help you find a policy to fit your family's needs. Always good to hear our team isn't pushy and that they're patient and informative. Congrats on your policy!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Catherine has a great understanding and is very knowledgeable of the intricacies of such a complex insurance product as long term care. Her experience and guidance helped me make the proper decisions regarding the selection of my long term care plan. With her assistance I am confident that I have the protection I need for the very best value for my premium dollars spent. Once again, Thank you Catherine.

LTC Consumer response

John, we're so pleased Cathy was able to assist you and your family with your long-term care insurance purchase. You have gained peace of mind, and protection over your retirement dollars.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I appreciated my experience working with Jeff on LTC insurance. He was patient, explained clearly and thoroughly and answered my many questions. Jeff is a man of integrity and I would recommend him to others.

LTC Consumer response

Vicki, thank you so much for your kind words, we'll make sure to pass them along to Jeff. We're pleased you found a policy that fit your family's needs.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

Jeff ** was amazing to work with. I believe him to be honest and sincere which I greatly appreciated. He made me feel comfortable with the decision I was making and never seemed intrusive or pushy. I truly felt he cared and wanted to help me to make the best decision based on my needs and financial capability. I am completely satisfied with my decision and that is all due to Jeff's integrity, honesty and caring nature.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for that amazing review - and Jeff really does care and want to help. We're excited for you that this piece of your retirement puzzle is done.

LTC Consumer Company Information