Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.94/5

LTC Consumer is an independent website that provides consumers with information and resources on long-term care. LTC Consumer has long-term care insurance specialists on staff and is dedicated to helping you compare prices and find a long-term care program that fits your needs. Visit the LTC Consumer website for more information on the benefits of long-term care insurance!

BOTTOM LINE

LTC Consumer provides consumers with resources on long-term care plans, including pricing and features. The company’s insurance specialists help you compare plans and find one that fits your needs.

PROS

• Certified long-term care specialists
  • Get a quick quote online
  • Free resources and information

CONS

• Not a long-term care provider
LTC Consumer Call Now Toll Free (877) 808-4855 Learn More

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Call Now Toll Free

What does LTC Consumer do?

LTC Consumer believes it’s vital for individuals to have the freedom to research their long-term care options, which is why the company provides clear resources and information on the benefits of long-term care plans on its website.

Long-term care plans function like an insurance policy, so it’s essential to consider multiple providers before purchasing one. LTC Consumer strives to provide consumers with the information they need to compare insurance policies. If you’re not sure what to look for in a long-term care plan, you can speak with LTC Consumer’s staff of certified long-term care specialists. They help you compare providers and decide what specific features you need.

Long-term care insurance covers a wide variety of treatments and aid-giving options, including home health care, adult care assistance and help with cognitive impairments, including Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. Long-term care insurance helps people who struggle with daily activities, including:

• Bathing
    • Eating
    • Dressing
    • Using the toilet
    • Continence
    • Transferring

How LTC Consumer helps you choose the right plan

LTC Consumer helps you select the right long-term care plan by narrowing the options based on your specific needs. When it comes to long-term care, the right plan for you is one that fits your requirements.

Different long-term care plans cover the following services and facilities:

• Home health care
    • Respite care
    • Hospice care
    • In-home personal care
    • Adult daycare centers
    • Assisted living facilities
    • Nursing homes
    • Memory care facilities

Work with one of LTC’s insurance specialists to discover what kind of coverage best suits you. Speak with an LTC Consumer Specialist to find out if you qualify for discounts. You might be eligible for discounts based on the following factors:

• Good health
    • Marital or domestic partner status
    • Valued client/multiple-party discounts
    • Multiple family members applying with the same carrier
    • Group rates available through your employer

Is LTC Consumer worth it?

LTC Consumer is an independent website that provides consumers with resources and information on long term care plans. If you’re searching for advice on purchasing long-term care insurance and need professional assistance, LTC Consumer's team of experts helps you find the right fit.

LTC Consumer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LTC Consumer?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about LTC Consumer?

Original review: June 26, 2020

My husband and I both agree that Cathy ** would receive an Excellent on everything! She was SO knowledgeable and was very careful to present all scenarios. The software she used was very impressive and we were EASILY able to plug in different variables to configure just the right solution for us. We have looked at taking out long term care insurance several times over the years and it never felt right. This decision with Cathy and LTC Consumer was a no brainer. I LOVE when people are good at their job, and Cathy was EXCELLENT!

LTC Consumer response

Cathy is a gem and we're so pleased you enjoyed working with her. She knows her stuff and is an advocate for anyone who works with her. Congrats on your LTCI policy and the peace of mind that comes with it.

Original review: June 16, 2020

I appreciated the process with Jonathan. From the initial setting up of the meeting; to the weekly reminder of the meeting; the process of logging in for the meeting - seamless. The introduction of how we would move through the meeting was very helpful. I was then able to wait on all my initial questions because I knew they would be answered as we moved through the meeting. Jonathan took his time to explain each step and allow me to ask questions or voice concerns.

Jonathan answered questions from the professional point of view; but when I wanted a personal opinion, he gave his view point. Our conversation was good dialogue to make sure I was making the best decision for myself. Jonathan gave me the time to look at several companies; then we narrowed it down to two. This took some time to discuss the two companies and the product. Jonathan answered my concerns by giving long view scenarios to think about and discuss.

The whole meeting was good discussion as we worked through the best product. The final step of completing the application was very easy to complete. I appreciated the e-signatures. The transparency of the process was reassuring. As I age and being careful with who I can trust with my well being and finances; I appreciate knowing Jonathan will be walking through this process from the beginning to end is very reassuring. A good process and peace of mind.

LTC Consumer response

Deborah, it sounds like no question or concern was left unanswered, and you ended up with excellent long-term care coverage. That's so great to hear, thanks for the feedback.

Get buying tips about Long Term Care Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: April 27, 2020

I was concerned that I didn't have longer-term care insurance. My therapist told me about how her policy is also like life insurance if she doesn't use it. I thought that was a really good investment. However, the interview was a little confusing. The customer service lady asked questions. I had to say that I was gonna tell the truth and then she said that this part of the interview is over. Then, she started asking me more delicate questions. I answered them truthfully as they could always look at my medical records. I got a letter from the company and they said that was why they turned me down. The lady was very professional. It was just something that I was uncomfortable with.

LTC Consumer response

The LTC insurance carrier's personal health interview is used to assess eligibility for LTC Insurance, we're sorry if it was confusing or uncomfortable. Unfortunately some conditions and medications will result in a declination. If you authorize it, and your LTC Consumer Specialist knows what specifically caused the declination they can look at other insurance carrier options, or recommend other courses of action. We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: April 22, 2020

LTC’s price was appropriate. It was a lot better than I expected it to be. The enrolment process was easy although it's always uncomfortable for me to talk to someone I don’t know with personal information like putting my social security number in a document. I keep a pretty close tab on my paperwork, so I would notice if there was something wonky.

The process was expedited. On my first contact with them, I was not eligible because I had surgery. And then the rep followed through with everything that he said he was gonna do. He emailed me when he was supposed and called me when he was supposed to. It all happened much quicker than he expected. He thought it would take six to eight weeks and it took less than a week. Overall it was a good experience.

LTC Consumer response

Protecting private information is very important to LTC Consumer, so we're glad you felt comfortable and safe and that your policy was a positive experience. Thank you for the feedback.

Original review: April 20, 2020

Updated on 06/03/2020: I am very grateful for the assistance of the agent that I worked with, very professional, knowledgeable and kind. Due to a long standing health condition I did not qualify for the first plan I applied for. The agent I worked with was pivotal in finding a plan that I did qualify for and I am grateful to now have long term care coverage in place. I am sure I would not have successfully navigated through the search for a plan that I would qualify for on my own.

Original Review: My experience in learning about and submitting an application for long term care insurance was excellent. The agent I worked with presented the information about the policy options clearly - very informative and I feel confident that I understand everything I need to know to make a decision. I cannot imagine receiving a better explanation of the policies and appreciated the screen sharing as we discussed all of the information. Would give 10 stars if that option was available.

LTC Consumer response

This is JUST the response we are striving for. Thank you so much for your kind words. We're happy to hear about your experience with our team.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

Working with Millie ** was an absolute pleasure. She was friendly, knowledgeable and professional through the entire process. We went through the company and plan options and decided on what we felt was best for my family. Millie's experience and input were invaluable.

LTC Consumer response

Mike, we're so pleased your family had a positive experience with Millie. She truly is an expert in the field, and an asset to her customers.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

I was referred to Jeff through the Dave Ramsey website and Zander Insurance. I choose this route instead of trying to find someone here because I know when they are affiliated with Dave they are required to have a heart of a teacher. Jeff did not disappoint, he was very through and made sure I understood all the options. I told him I felt schooled not sold. I felt very comfortable talking with him even though we were talking remotely. I will definitely recommend Jeff if I come across people that need insurance.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you Jo! Jeff definitely has the heart of a teacher, and we really appreciate your glowing review and recommendation.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

Long term care insurance offered by Lisa ** (Mutual of Omaha). Lisa is excellent, she is fun to deal with and got through all the questions (of which there are many) in good timing. Lee and I would highly rate Lisa and recommend her.

LTC Consumer response

Scott, we think Lisa is amazing also, and we're so glad she was able to help you find an excellent long term care insurance option for your family.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

Our LTC Consumer representative, Bill **, was courteous, friendly and professional in interactions with us. He answered all of our questions and was patient with my husband and me as we had delays due to technical difficulties. He explained LTC options available to us and was prompt to all of our virtual appointments. All of this was very important to us as we make the huge and important decision to purchase LTC insurance.

LTC Consumer response

Rhonda, this is such an amazing testimonial to Bill's expertise in the LTC insurance field. Thank you for your kind words.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

Appreciate Millie's vast knowledge in the LTC arena. Millie was able to answer our questions and concerns throughout the process of getting approval from Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company. Thanks Millie for your dedication to assist others.

LTC Consumer response

Mary Beth, we're so pleased Millie was an excellent guide on your journey to LTC insurance. We appreciate your review.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

Lisa was extremely helpful and patient with my questions. She was not pushy but was helpful in letting me know pros and cons of my options. She seemed very informed of what was available. I would recommend her if you are looking for insurance.

LTC Consumer response

Angela, thank you for the review and recommendation. Long term care insurance is a tricky product, and we're so pleased Lisa was able to break it down for your family and help you make an informed decision.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Lisa ** has been patient and most helpful in guiding me through the selection process for obtaining long term care. She explained the different choices and recommended a policy that fit my needs. She does not merely sell a product, but finds the proper type of care at an affordable price. I highly recommend her to others needing help with long term care insurance.

LTC Consumer response

Carl, we appreciate your recommendation! Lisa is a gem and she really does care about the well-being of the folks she works with. Glad she was able to help your family.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

My wife and I were shopping for LTC and Jeff provided an exceptional overview of the various products and how they were structured for inflation. Jeff had proven experience in this industry and was more than able to answer our numerous questions. We spent a couple of briefing sessions together on Zoom and decided to move forward with an application. I found LTC insurance to be fairly complex and Jeff made it easy to understand.

LTC Consumer response

"Easy to understand" is not a term often used to describe LTC insurance, so we are greatful Jeff was the specialist for the job and able to assist your family.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

I just completed an application for LTC insurance with Richard **. This was the result of a couple of Zoom meetings where Rich provided me with an overview of this type insurance and all the options available to me. He helped me understand the ins and outs of LTC insurance, which is quite complicated. I felt prepared to make an educated decision after talking with Rich. I also felt comfortable that he was being transparent with me and had a genuine concern to see that I chose the insurance best for my situation. I plan to recommend Richard to friends and family and I don't do that lightly.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you so much for the recommendation! Rich is an industry expert and we're so thankful he was able to help your family.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Millie ** did a great job explaining the long-term care insurance itself. She provided a quote while we were on the phone with her. We were able to complete the application in our next meeting and everything flowed very smoothly.

LTC Consumer response

Jeffrey, hearing that our process was smooth, really brings a smile to our faces. Millie is a true LTC insurance specialist, and it's so great that she was able to help your family.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

Jonathan ** has helped us with an important life decision to secure long term care insurance. From the first phone call, he has been 100% amazing. His knowledge and guidance are exactly what we needed and because of that, we made our decision. Every company needs a Jonathan **!

LTC Consumer response

We 100% love this review! Jonathan is the best guide for your LTC insurance journey, and we're so pleased he was able to assist your family.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

She serves me as I was family and attended to my every need. She was a professional, kind, friendly and knowledgeable about her craft. She asked me the questions about that pertaining to answering the questions that were needed. Her friendliness and understanding is what everyone in her position needs to be.

Thanks.

LTC Consumer response

George, thank you for the excellent feedback! Every word you used to describe Millie is amazing and appreciated.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

My overall experience with Catherine **, LTC Conusmer Specialist, couldn’t have been any better. She walked me through all aspects of LTC plus a deep dive into the options focusing on my particular needs as the priority. She was thorough, extremely knowledgeable and was able to answer all my questions with a continual open line of communication.

LTC Consumer response

Bette, our priority is always what's best for our customers, and we're so glad that's how you felt with Cathy. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

Cathy ** was amazing and took us through every step of the process explaining in detail the various aspects. Was a very pleasant experience. She communicated well and responded quickly to any questions/concerns that we had.

LTC Consumer response

Sri, so glad you had a pleasant experience with Cathy. She really is great at breaking things down in an understandable way.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

We are very pleased with the service we have received from Richard as we have explored the possibility of long term care insurance. He does his job in a very professional manner. He is personable, knowledgeable, communicates well and provided us with the necessary information to make an informed decision. We appreciate his service to us.

LTC Consumer response

Debra, we appreciate your review! Rich is a fantastic LTC specialist, and we love hearing how he's helped your family.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

True professional. Jeff has been such a great help guiding us through this process. His kind spirit comes through. We have full confidence Jeff will give us the best chance to be successful. Although only speaking a handful of times on the phone I consider him a friend.

LTC Consumer response

Al, Jeff is the best! So glad he was able to guide you and your family on your LTC insurance journey.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

My experience with Jeff could not have been more positive. He is incredibly knowledgeable and answered question after question. To summarize, it's like someone you've known for a long time that you instantly trust and like and as you move through the process of helping each family or individual figure out the puzzle with their unique set of circumstances. I couldn't be more appreciative!

LTC Consumer response

Lesley, we appreciate your feedback about Jeff, so happy he was able to help your family.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

Terrific experience working with Jonathan **. I was presented with a wide range of options, and we narrowed them down to one that I feel gives me exactly what I was looking for. Jonathan was very patient as this was a rather long decision process for me.

LTC Consumer response

Judith, we love hearing that you found exactly what you were looking for, and that Jonathan was such a help. Long term care insurance can be daunting, and Jonathan is the perfect guide.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

Jeff ** has been EXCELLENT to work with!! He is very knowledgeable, supportive, patient, comprehensive. He is very accommodating with his time. He goes way beyond with his efforts consistently. I trust him and his judgements very much!! I would not want to work with anybody else. I hope to work with him more over time.

LTC Consumer response

Thomas, there is no bigger complement than your trust. We're extremely happy to hear Jeff was such a resource for you and your family.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

Jonathan ** did an excellent job explaining all of our long term care options. He was extremely thorough, knowledgeable and transparent and we would recommend his services to everyone looking to purchase long term care insurance.

LTC Consumer response

David, we appreciate the recommendation! Jonathan is a tremendous LTC resource, and we're pleased he could help.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I would highly recommend Jeff ** at LTC Consumer. Jeff did an excellent job helping me with my long-term care insurance planning needs and with completing my long-term care insurance policy. Jeff is very knowledgeable and very caring to ensure his customer needs are met with high customer service. Thanks Jeff.

LTC Consumer response

Carl, thank you for the awesome review! We're happy Jeff was such a great resource for your family.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

Rich was very helpful in answering all our questions concerning LTC insurance. He was very knowledgable about the product and made it an easy decision to continue with his recommendations. He was very professional and did not pressure us to make the sale.

LTC Consumer response

Nothing better than a no-pressure approach! Rich is one of our best, and we're pleased he was able to help your family.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

Jonathan ** made the LTC planning and application process painless. My experience included rapid replies to inquiries, patience and understanding to provide me with all the necessary information to make educated decisions, and a few laughs to soften the process.

LTC Consumer response

Abby, we love hearing that the LTC planning process was painless with Jonathan. He's a vast wealth of knowledge, with a pretty great sense of humor. Glad you had a good experience.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

Cathy was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. She followed up on everything that I asked and never pressured me or my husband. I felt as though she really had our best interest in mind. I have referred her to my sister and will continue to refer her.

LTC Consumer response

Kelli, thanks for the referral! Cathy is amazing at helping couples find the best LTC option.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

Jeff ** is the ultimate professional. He's personable, knows his product, and stayed on top of the process even when I dragged my feet. I will definitely call him to insure other family members. I'm recommending Jeff to others.

LTC Consumer response

Sharon, we appreciate the recommendation! Jeff is an industry expert, and we're lucky he's on our team.

LTC Consumer Company Information