5.0/5 (133 ratings)

About LTC Consumer

LTC Consumer is an independent website that provides consumers with information and resources on long-term care. LTC Consumer has long-term care insurance specialists on staff and is dedicated to helping you compare prices and find a long-term care program that fits your needs. Visit the LTC Consumer website for more information on the benefits of long-term care insurance!

Pros

• Certified long-term care specialists
  • Get a quick quote online
  • Free resources and information

Cons

• Not a long-term care provider

Bottom Line

LTC Consumer provides consumers with resources on long-term care plans, including pricing and features. The company’s insurance specialists help you compare plans and find one that fits your needs.

What does LTC Consumer do?

LTC Consumer believes it’s vital for individuals to have the freedom to research their long-term care options, which is why the company provides clear resources and information on the benefits of long-term care plans on its website.

Long-term care plans function like an insurance policy, so it’s essential to consider multiple providers before purchasing one. LTC Consumer strives to provide consumers with the information they need to compare insurance policies. If you’re not sure what to look for in a long-term care plan, you can speak with LTC Consumer’s staff of certified long-term care specialists. They help you compare providers and decide what specific features you need.

Long-term care insurance covers a wide variety of treatments and aid-giving options, including home health care, adult care assistance and help with cognitive impairments, including Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. Long-term care insurance helps people who struggle with daily activities, including:

• Bathing
  • Eating
  • Dressing
  • Using the toilet
  • Continence
  • Transferring

How LTC Consumer helps you choose the right plan

LTC Consumer helps you select the right long-term care plan by narrowing the options based on your specific needs. When it comes to long-term care, the right plan for you is one that fits your requirements.

Different long-term care plans cover the following services and facilities:

• Home health care
  • Respite care
  • Hospice care
  • In-home personal care
  • Adult daycare centers
  • Assisted living facilities
  • Nursing homes
  • Memory care facilities

Work with one of LTC’s insurance specialists to discover what kind of coverage best suits you. Speak with an LTC Consumer Specialist to find out if you qualify for discounts. You might be eligible for discounts based on the following factors:

• Good health
  • Marital or domestic partner status
  • Valued client/multiple-party discounts
  • Multiple family members applying with the same carrier
  • Group rates available through your employer

Is LTC Consumer worth it?

LTC Consumer is an independent website that provides consumers with resources and information on long term care plans. If you’re searching for advice on purchasing long-term care insurance and need professional assistance, LTC Consumer's team of experts helps you find the right fit.

LTC Consumer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LTC Consumer?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LTC Consumer?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

I have recently completed a Mutual of Omaha LTC application with Lisa **. This was the final step in a process which began with an extraordinarily thorough and erudite walk-through of the LTC benefits presented by Lisa via successive one-on-one Zoom sessions. The purpose of this review is to inform anyone who may be in a similar fact-finding situation as I was a few weeks ago that Lisa ** is an exemplary LTC maestra on many levels.

Lisa is a professional in every key aspect of what this term means in the customer service realm. Moreover, and I can’t emphasize this enough, she was “kind and gentle” in her communication style. In these days of so-called high-technology, rush-rush-rush human interactions, and confusing company policies it’s so refreshing to be able to receive heart-felt guidance from someone like Lisa. Lisa is good at math! Important: never, never, never take a LTC walk-through from someone who’s not competent at basic, no-need-for-a-calculator, math. Never! From start-to-finish Lisa made me feel NOT like a customer but rather a member of her nuclear family. This most truly! Lisa is a rare find in the Insurance Industry workforce. Heartfelt congratulations to the owners of LTC Consumer Company, indeed, for finding her and having her as a member of their human capital team.

LTC Consumer response

What a wonderful review of a truly fantastic LTC Insurance expert. Lisa is a gem and we're so happy she could help you achieve peace of mind and retirement protection. Thank you for the kind words.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

Jeff ** helped us apply for long-term care insurance with National Guardian. As Washington State residents under this new, upcoming excise tax and its one-time exemption, there has been a steep learning curve in a very short window of time, but Jeff has really helped us understand our options and what would work best for us, and then he guided us through the process.

Yesterday, Jeff learned via email that National Guardian, now inundated with new applications from Washington State residents, would stop taking applications at 6pm EST that very day. We had a meeting scheduled that day with Jeff for 8pm EST to finalize our application and provide our signatures. Jeff phoned us as soon as he got word of this new, sudden deadline, and we were able to finalize and submit our application with only minutes to spare before the deadline.

I cannot think of a greater example of someone caring for his clients and their goals, as he went out of his way to make sure that our application would go through, especially as this was more or less our last chance to apply for long-term care insurance and (hopefully) qualify for the one-time exemption to the upcoming excise tax in Washington State. Jeff was friendly, helpful, informative, and patient, and we won't hesitate to recommend him to anyone looking for long-term care insurance in the future. Thank you, Jeff!

LTC Consumer response

What a thoughtful and wonderful review! Thank you! And we're so glad Jeff was able to help your family out in a pinch.

Get buying tips about Long Term Care Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

1) I chose to pursue an LTC product through Zander due to its affiliation with the Dave Ramsey organization and was “assigned” to Rich ** who contacted me promptly, spoke professionally, understood my communication preferences, and was clearly knowledgeable. 2) With a few strategic questions and good humor sorting through my initial information, Rich was able to steer me in an appropriate direction and set up a meeting promptly. 3) I investigated online Rich’s professional background and was pleased to discover his level of experience and expertise.

4) I had already given much thought and research over several months to the idea of purchasing an LTC policy, Rich’s “no pressure” straightforward guidance has helped me to feel confident that the product I purchased is necessary, a good value and that I have a professional with whom I can consult with confidence going forward. 5) Rich accomplished this within 2 days' time.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for such an amazing testimony to Rich's LTC Insurance expertise. We're happy to hear you had a good experience and a satisfying purchase.

Original review: June 1, 2021

Once we got a chance to talk with Jonathan it was a good experience. I struggled initially with getting an appointment with him. He seemed too busy to handle another client, taking another 2 months to get a set appointment. So it would have helped to have more information initially about setting an appointment. He explains all aspects of the policy well. We feel confident we have the right product for our situation.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for your review, not getting an appointment right away is frustrating. We're sorry for the delay, the state of Washington has a new payroll tax for long term care which has most LTC Specialists receiving four to five times as many requests for info as normal. We're glad you were able to connect though, and very pleased you found a solution you and your family are happy with.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

Jonathan was incredibly detailed in the way he explained Long Term Care insurance to me. He was courteous, responsive to questions, excellent information provided regarding my questions, he was also very patient since we had some technical difficulties with Zoom video conferencing. I was having trouble downloading it to my computer and he waited calmly for about 10 minutes while I troubleshooted the problem on my pc. When I was finally able to open the app and video conference with him, he displayed a lot of poise as he explained the value this coverage provides and compared different providers and even how inflation would play a part in the value of long-term care and how each individual company deals with this issue. I was very satisfied with his professionalism and would absolutely recommend him to friends and family if they need this service. Regards, Alejandro **

LTC Consumer response

Such an amazing testimony to Jonathan's character and wisdom. We're so pleased you found a policy that meets your retirement needs.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

LTC insurance application was very formidable for me because I did not have full understanding of the terms or the process—-it is like no other type of insurance and can be quite costly. I looked at so many plans and spoke with a number of agents but finally contacted the individual who was able to guide me through all the information in a very organized fashion and was efficient and patient through all my questions. What I originally interpreted as an impossible goal was finished in about a week or less with her guidance and I feel confident about the decisions made at last!

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for such a glowing review. Samantha is a gem, and a valuable resource in your retirement planning. Congrats on your new coverage!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

I have had nothing but an A++ experience with Kathy. She always takes the time to more than adequately research what is available for my needs. Her knowledge of the plans is amazing and she is able to explain it in a way that is easily understood by a "layperson." I am very glad she is my rep!

LTC Consumer response

Wow, what a fantastic review, thank you! Education and a consistent resource are two of our primary goals at LTC Consumer. Congrats on the decision to protect your future and your family.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

Cathy ** took the time to explain long term healthcare coverage in detail and answered our questions in a follow up meeting. She completed the application for us with no problems and told us what to expect for next steps.

LTC Consumer response

Cathy is such a valuable resource to have at your side on the long term care insurance journey. Congrats on your new coverage and peace of mind!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

Mr. Richard ** did a wonderful job in explaining everything to me. He had patience with me, I had a lot of questions and he answer everyone of my questions. I were late getting on zoom and he were there waiting.

LTC Consumer response

We're so happy Rich helped you purchase such important coverage and protect your retirement.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Samantha was very knowledgeable, able to find a plan that worked for us, and was able to work within our timeframes as well as gently remind us when we forgot to do something. We would highly recommend her services to anyone.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for the recommendation! Sam is a genuine professional, and we're so glad she could help your family.

LTC Consumer Company Information