Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.90/5

LTC Consumer is an independent website that provides consumers with information and resources on long-term care. LTC Consumer has long-term care insurance specialists on staff and is dedicated to helping you compare prices and find a long-term care program that fits your needs. Visit the LTC Consumer website for more information on the benefits of long-term care insurance!

BOTTOM LINE

LTC Consumer provides consumers with resources on long-term care plans, including pricing and features. The company’s insurance specialists help you compare plans and find one that fits your needs.

PROS

• Certified long-term care specialists
  • Get a quick quote online
  • Free resources and information

CONS

• Not a long-term care provider

What does LTC Consumer do?

LTC Consumer believes it’s vital for individuals to have the freedom to research their long-term care options, which is why the company provides clear resources and information on the benefits of long-term care plans on its website.

Long-term care plans function like an insurance policy, so it’s essential to consider multiple providers before purchasing one. LTC Consumer strives to provide consumers with the information they need to compare insurance policies. If you’re not sure what to look for in a long-term care plan, you can speak with LTC Consumer’s staff of certified long-term care specialists. They help you compare providers and decide what specific features you need.

Long-term care insurance covers a wide variety of treatments and aid-giving options, including home health care, adult care assistance and help with cognitive impairments, including Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. Long-term care insurance helps people who struggle with daily activities, including:

• Bathing
    • Eating
    • Dressing
    • Using the toilet
    • Continence
    • Transferring

How LTC Consumer helps you choose the right plan

LTC Consumer helps you select the right long-term care plan by narrowing the options based on your specific needs. When it comes to long-term care, the right plan for you is one that fits your requirements.

Different long-term care plans cover the following services and facilities:

• Home health care
    • Respite care
    • Hospice care
    • In-home personal care
    • Adult daycare centers
    • Assisted living facilities
    • Nursing homes
    • Memory care facilities

Work with one of LTC’s insurance specialists to discover what kind of coverage best suits you. Speak with an LTC Consumer Specialist to find out if you qualify for discounts. You might be eligible for discounts based on the following factors:

• Good health
    • Marital or domestic partner status
    • Valued client/multiple-party discounts
    • Multiple family members applying with the same carrier
    • Group rates available through your employer

Is LTC Consumer worth it?

LTC Consumer is an independent website that provides consumers with resources and information on long term care plans. If you’re searching for advice on purchasing long-term care insurance and need professional assistance, LTC Consumer's team of experts helps you find the right fit.

LTC Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 17, 2020

I submitted a request for a quote online, and received a call from Richard ** with the information I needed. Right from the beginning, I was impressed how Richard listened to what I was saying, and found a policy that fit my needs, while being affordable. I didn’t even know such a policy existed. I appreciate that Richard was very patient with my many questions. I feel very comfortable with the choice I made. I would encourage anyone who would like to explore more insurance coverage to contact Richard. He was truly a blessing.

LTC Consumer response

Judy, we're very pleased Rich helped you feel comfortable finding the right long-term care insurance for your needs. That's always our aim. Thanks for the great review.

Original review: June 16, 2020

I appreciated the process with Jonathan. From the initial setting up of the meeting; to the weekly reminder of the meeting; the process of logging in for the meeting - seamless. The introduction of how we would move through the meeting was very helpful. I was then able to wait on all my initial questions because I knew they would be answered as we moved through the meeting. Jonathan took his time to explain each step and allow me to ask questions or voice concerns.

Jonathan answered questions from the professional point of view; but when I wanted a personal opinion, he gave his view point. Our conversation was good dialogue to make sure I was making the best decision for myself. Jonathan gave me the time to look at several companies; then we narrowed it down to two. This took some time to discuss the two companies and the product. Jonathan answered my concerns by giving long view scenarios to think about and discuss.

The whole meeting was good discussion as we worked through the best product. The final step of completing the application was very easy to complete. I appreciated the e-signatures. The transparency of the process was reassuring. As I age and being careful with who I can trust with my well being and finances; I appreciate knowing Jonathan will be walking through this process from the beginning to end is very reassuring. A good process and peace of mind.

LTC Consumer response

Deborah, it sounds like no question or concern was left unanswered, and you ended up with excellent long-term care coverage. That's so great to hear, thanks for the feedback.

Get buying tips about Long Term Care Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I was concerned that I didn't have longer-term care insurance. My therapist told me about how her policy is also like life insurance if she doesn't use it. I thought that was a really good investment. However, the interview was a little confusing. The customer service lady asked questions. I had to say that I was gonna tell the truth and then she said that this part of the interview is over. Then, she started asking me more delicate questions. I answered them truthfully as they could always look at my medical records. I got a letter from the company and they said that was why they turned me down. The lady was very professional. It was just something that I was uncomfortable with.

LTC Consumer response

The LTC insurance carrier's personal health interview is used to assess eligibility for LTC Insurance, we're sorry if it was confusing or uncomfortable. Unfortunately some conditions and medications will result in a declination. If you authorize it, and your LTC Consumer Specialist knows what specifically caused the declination they can look at other insurance carrier options, or recommend other courses of action. We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: April 22, 2020

LTC’s price was appropriate. It was a lot better than I expected it to be. The enrolment process was easy although it's always uncomfortable for me to talk to someone I don’t know with personal information like putting my social security number in a document. I keep a pretty close tab on my paperwork, so I would notice if there was something wonky.

The process was expedited. On my first contact with them, I was not eligible because I had surgery. And then the rep followed through with everything that he said he was gonna do. He emailed me when he was supposed and called me when he was supposed to. It all happened much quicker than he expected. He thought it would take six to eight weeks and it took less than a week. Overall it was a good experience.

LTC Consumer response

Protecting private information is very important to LTC Consumer, so we're glad you felt comfortable and safe and that your policy was a positive experience. Thank you for the feedback.

Original review: April 20, 2020

Updated on 06/03/2020: I am very grateful for the assistance of the agent that I worked with, very professional, knowledgeable and kind. Due to a long standing health condition I did not qualify for the first plan I applied for. The agent I worked with was pivotal in finding a plan that I did qualify for and I am grateful to now have long term care coverage in place. I am sure I would not have successfully navigated through the search for a plan that I would qualify for on my own.

Original Review: My experience in learning about and submitting an application for long term care insurance was excellent. The agent I worked with presented the information about the policy options clearly - very informative and I feel confident that I understand everything I need to know to make a decision. I cannot imagine receiving a better explanation of the policies and appreciated the screen sharing as we discussed all of the information. Would give 10 stars if that option was available.

LTC Consumer response

This is JUST the response we are striving for. Thank you so much for your kind words. We're happy to hear about your experience with our team.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LTC Consumer?

Original review: June 24, 2020

Dan was on time, clear and informative. He was knowledgeable of the LTC industry. The software he used so we could see exactly what he was talking about in real time was excellent. He moved the process along and answered our questions effectively. The attachments he sent us were helpful. The quotes he sent us were laid out in a way that helped us make decisions quickly. The Mutual of Omaha brochure helped us to understand the items on the quote too.

LTC Consumer response

Always excellent to hear that our LTC Consumer specialists were key to guiding people to protect their family, their assets, and their retirement. So glad you were pleased working with Dan.

Original review: June 22, 2020

My agent, Cathy **, was extremely knowledgeable and answered all my questions completely - provided all information about LTC options. I was very impressed and would highly recommend her and LTC Consumer to anyone looking into such insurance. The plan we settled on was tailored by the agent to my coverage needs, my budget, and my LTC goals.

LTC Consumer response

Mark, we're so pleased Cathy was able to custom tailor a plan to fit your needs. Thanks for the positive feedback!

Original review: June 12, 2020

Application for LTC. I worked with Lisa ** to apply for my LTC. She was wonderful! Very knowledgeable and looked for what fit my situation the best. Also very professional, yet personable and fun to talk with!

LTC Consumer response

This is great feedback! Thanks for the fantastic review Cleone. Always good to hear our specialists are knowledgeable, professional, and personable.

Original review: June 9, 2020

He went through all the items for an application, answered every question and helped me pick the best plan. No salesmanship no hype. Just what I felt was best plan for me. Finished in an hour and a half. Should have talked to him 5 years ago. Highly recommend.

LTC Consumer response

Jill, we're so glad your experience with Jonathan didn't feel like a sales pitch. We appreciate the recommendation!

Original review: June 9, 2020

Jonathon was extremely knowledgeable and took great care and spent time explaining everything To us in an understandable way. The program he used was easy to follow and we felt good about his suggestions. We felt he wanted to help us make the best decision for us. It’s obvious that he cares about his clients and enjoys his job and helping people.

LTC Consumer response

Thanks Debbie! Love hearing that fantastic feedback about Jonathan. He's an amazing member of our team and we're so glad he was able to help you.

Original review: June 3, 2020

Bill is very patient with us, we had to cancel our meetings a few times because of finances and family situations but he stuck with us and was able to help us apply for LTC insurance. It was a great experience. Will recommend him to my family and friends!

LTC Consumer response

Thanks for leaving a review, and mentioning our specialist Bill. You're right, he is very patient and helpful! We appreciate the recommendation.

Original review: May 28, 2020

WE had a great experience working with Millie regarding our long term care planning. She was very professional and patient to go over the terms with us, sometimes even twice! Would definitely recommend her to others!

LTC Consumer response

Long Term Care Planning can be complicated, so we're glad Millie went over things until you were comfortable. Education is important to all LTC Consumer specialists, and Millie is one of our best. Thank you for your recommendation.

Original review: May 23, 2020

Cathy’s experience and knowledge provided me the insights and confidence to know I made the right choices in LTC for me. She worked around my schedule and coached me through the expected processes to ensure ease and completeness.

LTC Consumer response

Those are such great terms to describe what an LTC Consumer Specialist can provide: insights and confidence. Thanks for the feedback, we're so happy you found the right LTC product for you and your family.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Sarae was very helpful and knew what she was selling very well. She kept things simple and explained things well. She also took her time and didn't try to hurry us through anything and even would go back to explain things to us again as needed. Sarae was very personable and asked about us and how things were down in Texas during this crazy time. And at the end, she would even apologize for running long on the appointment. No apology necessary for a job well done. Thank you ma'am!

LTC Consumer response

Sarae is a valuable member of our team and we're so glad she was able to walk you through your long-term care insurance journey.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I emailed Zander insurance and within A couple of hours Jeff called. He was prompt and prepared with information that I needed. He was thorough, very courteous and respectful of my time.

LTC Consumer response

This is just the sort of thing we love to hear about our Specialists who are representing LTC Consumer. Thanks for the feedback!

Original review: May 19, 2020

I was blown away by the professionalism. I felt that I was not talking to a car salesmen 2 minutes into our meeting. I was actually talking to a human being that had our best interest in mind. Never was pressured into any different plan. Just was shown different plans and pointed out the differences but that the ultimate decision was ours. Thank you. Thank you.

LTC Consumer response

Our long-term care specialists know that education and options are what consumers are after. Thanks for the awesome review, we're so glad you felt blown away.

Original review: May 7, 2020

We meet Dan through a third party connection. From the first moment Dan put us at ease with the process, explained each step completely and assisted us with completion of everything. He was professional and very knowledgeable with all information. We were very pleased with the experience.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for the glowing review, Joy! We're so happy Dan helped you feel informed and guided throughout the entire process.

Original review: April 30, 2020

I went through Dave Ramsey’s website to look for Zander Insurance. I then went to Zander Insurance, which was how I looked for long-term care insurance. Next thing I know, I got a call from the LTC people. The lady was very knowledgeable and helpful. Everything worked out really great.

LTC Consumer response

We love working with Dave Ramsey followers, he really sets people up for success. We're so happy to hear everything worked out. Thanks for the review!

Original review: April 30, 2020

The consumer specialist Sarae ** has been dedicated to providing us the best long term care planning. She was professional and had in-depth knowledge of the product and process. We are glad to work with her. We recommend her services to anyone in need of this type of service.

LTC Consumer response

Fantastic recommendation, thanks! Always good to hear our LTC Consumer specialists are making your retirement planning process informational and easier.

Original review: April 29, 2020

Richard was very helpful and informative in explaining this product. He answered all of our questions and provided easy to understand explanations. I felt very informed about long term care insurance before we made our decision to proceed.

LTC Consumer response

Terry, your response is just what we strive for! We're so glad you felt informed and comfortable to move forward with this important purchase.

Original review: April 27, 2020

Richard was very patient, professional and exceedingly knowledgeable of his products. He did not get upset with our multiple questions and was very low pressure. We felt very content with him, his product and its benefits. Being also in sales I really enjoyed and appreciated Richard’s sincere and caring style.

LTC Consumer response

Yes, our specialists are knowledgeable, patient, and low pressure - so glad you had a positive experience! Thanks for the glowing review, Heidi.

Original review: April 27, 2020

Very happy with the service provided. Millie was knowledgable, respectful and easy to talk to. She was patient with each loose end we had to tie up and guided us through the process with ease. Thank you again!

LTC Consumer response

We pride ourselves on the fact that each person works with one specialist throughout the entire process, so we're very pleased your experience was wonderful. Thank you for the kind words.

Original review: April 21, 2020

As a caregiver for three of my loved ones who did not have long term care insurance, I understood the physical, emotional, spiritual and financial stress that can overwhelm a family. In my desire not to put this burden on my children, I decided to navigate long term care planning and I was led to Dan ** of LTC Consumer Specialists through Zander Insurance. Dan was very patient, knowledgeable, attentive and receptive to my many questions. His detailed and thorough explanation convinced me that this is the right thing to do.

LTC Consumer response

Unfortunately experience is what leads many people to LTC Planning, but we're glad the planning process was easy with Dan's guidance. Thanks for the review!

Original review: April 21, 2020

Jonathan was very pleasant, and knowledgeable. He explained things extremely well and gave me the opportunity to ask questions. He was very professional and did not become upset when I answered a health question wrong. This resulted in him having to redo the application. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

LTC Consumer response

We appreciate the feedback and the recommendation, thanks!

Original review: April 20, 2020

I just got my LTC Consumer policy and didn’t have any complaints. I got it in the mail two days ago and mailed it back.

LTC Consumer response

Happy to hear your policy went through with no problems, and happy to receive your kind words as well!

Original review: April 15, 2020

My husband and I are very pleased with the assistance Mr. ** gave us during our search for LTC insurance. Additionally, he has assured us that he will stay with us through the process of underwriting, assisting us in any way necessary during that time. At this time, we would recommend him to a friend. We will follow up once the entire process has been completed.

LTC Consumer response

Having one agent through the entire process does make for a satisfactory experience, we're so glad you're pleased. Thank you for the feedback.

Original review: April 14, 2020

It was Mutual of Omaha who worked for us as far as long-term care insurance. The rep was very friendly and answered all of our questions. Everything was explained well. My husband went through the process and everything looked good. And then his doctor increased his regular medication. The woman told him that shouldn’t be a problem but we found out a couple weeks ago that he was denied.

Our agent told us that that would’ve happened with any long-term care insurance company but it was really frustrating because it was a month-long process. We had selected our plan and my husband had done an over-the-phone validation, and he had told them that his prescription was changing. They said now that he’s on this new medication, he needs to be on it for six months without any changes in any medical record, and then we could reapply and he could get approved but the whole point of having long-term care insurance is we want to be prepared for the unknown. They told us to apply again in six months. Everything else they said looked fine.

LTC Consumer response

Thank you for letting us know about your husband's decline, I can understand your frustration with having to apply again in the future. I wanted to give a bit more detail about why the insurance carriers like Mutual of Omaha require six months of stability with a new medication and/or change of medication. The underwriters need to be certain that there are no adverse reactions to the new medication and that the applicant's health condition is stable. Dan is one of our top specialists, and I have no doubt that he will do whatever he can to assist you in the future. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Original review: April 13, 2020

Lisa ** was excellent in helping us choose a Long-Term Care Plan. She was most informative and was able to answer all of our questions! The process was very easy! This is a difficult decision and she was very understanding and led us through it!

LTC Consumer response

Lisa is the best! We're so happy you've enjoyed working with her. We appreciate the feedback.

Original review: April 6, 2020

We worked with Sarae ** to explore options for Long Term Care insurance. Sarae was able to answer all our questions and was very thorough in explaining the process to us. We would use Sarae in the future for any insurance needs.

LTC Consumer response

Sarae is one of our awesome experts, and we're happy she could help you with this important purchase. Thank you for the kind words.

Original review: April 2, 2020

Jonathan ** did a great job laying out the LTC landscape for us and helping us to make a good decision. He is a real pro and extremely knowledgable. We felt he went out of his way to be transparent. We had the confidence to sign up at the end of his presentation and he facilitated the application smoothly. One thing: the process can be time-consuming, so make sure you have a good window.

LTC Consumer response

We appreciate your feedback, and applaud the good advice to future applicants. Jonathan is a pro, and we're glad he helped your application go smoothly.

LTC Consumer Company Information