Globe Life Insurance

Compare Life Insurance

Research top Life Insurance recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My mom was interested in purchasing my son life insurance and they turned him away. They don't do physical examinations, but because my son was born a month early. They shooed him away and would not give him full coverage. My doctor said he came out at the right time. OBGYNs do not know when babies will be due. But I'm HIGHLY UPSET because my son cannot get life insurance, but my daughter can have it.

I signed up because the life insurance at my job was ending. I responded to one of their ads via post mail. They were pretty competitive in their pricing for the plan. My grandparents had died a few months before I got the policy. One grandparent didn't have any life insurance but most of her bills were paid. The other grandparents had it and it made things very easy as everything got paid. I knew it was important to get insurance. Globe Life is a well known company. Unfortunately, since I did everything through the mail (and also online), I didn't really have any personal interaction with their employees. I have never had to call with an issue nor have had to call to cancel the policy.

I have the insurance that I was looking for. I feel the price is low and very affordable. I also purchased accidental death at a very low price. The only problem I did have with this company was when I first purchased it, they took a payment out of my account for approximately two months then all of a sudden, my insurance was cancelled because they said I didn't make payment. When talking to the person on phone, she could not explain how this could have happened. I had to send in another payment to get my insurance reinstated.

Globe does not require a physical examination. You just answer a few question and you are done. You only pay one dollar for the application fee and before your policy is processed a representative will call to verify all the information you send. You choose your premium, you chose the amount you wish to pay and you are done. It's quick, simple and easy. You can also have coverage placed on other members of your family, however the earlier you sign up the lower your monthly payments will be... Simple.

The rates were affordable for me. This company does send a lot of mail other than the premium statement though. Luckily, I have not had to use this yet. I also like the fact that this company is right here in my home state.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Globe Life Insurance?

I haven't used it because I haven't had to. But I can tell you that it is a reasonable rate per month and I have had it for more than 15 years. And I have had no problem being a member.

Well Globe is a great life insurance company, if you fall behind on your premium they will help you so your policy don't collapse and all you do is call customer service and let them know that you are having trouble making your premiums.

Cost for coverage is based on your age at time of enrollment. Premiums do not go up unless you choose to raise your coverage. Premium payments can be made monthly if you choose. I pay every 3 months. I am reminded when they send me a payment coupon.

My life insurance needs are quite simple. I actually believe a person only needs enough insurance to pay for their burial expenses. Term life insurance is the perfect fit for me. It is low cost and I can purchase the amount I feel I need. By today's standards and income levels, most employed individuals can afford this type of insurance.

I have a basic or standard plan because I don't have kids or a significant other so it will only cover the cost of burial of death expenses should I die.

I've had Globe for over 10 years and I am satisfied that it is a good company. Sometimes I have to pay later than the due date and they are very cooperative. The monthly bill is affordable and I can increase or decrease coverage if I choose.

I have never had a bad experience. Me and my daughter both have insurance with Globe Life. Always easy and fast to contact a customer service representative.

Expert Review

Neal FrankleLife Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.    More about Neal→

Globe Life Insurance is among the most prominent and reputable life insurance writers in the United States. Founded in Oklahoma in 1951, the company provides life and accident insurance to individuals. They offer a variety of plans that tailor to individual needs, and make the buying experience easy with no sales agents involved. They have more than $69 billion of insurance in force and are committed to providing secure life insurance protection to their policyholders.

• Convenient service: Globe Life Insurance offers online quotes, service through the mail and the option to contact them via phone.
  • Online access: Customers can access their Globe Life Insurance account information online for easy account management.
  • Accidental death protection: Globe Life Insurance offers accidental death protection so that the family of the deceased is covered in the event of an accidental death.
  • Adult and child life insurance: They offer life insurance coverage both for children and adults to ensure that families receive the assistance they need.
  • Medicare supplemental coverage: Globe Life Insurance provides supplemental coverage for Medicare holders to cover costs that Medicare doesn't.

Compare Life Insurance Companies