1.81/5
Based on 33 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

62 Globe Life Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

My sister was denied insurance from this company because she is in a wheelchair and has bone disease. They say you do not have to have a medical exam and will not be denied. They based their decision only on a few medical questions. What difference is it WHY or HOW people die? It is inevitable that all humans die eventually! Why even be a life insurance company? My sister has not been ill with bone disease issues for many years - guess that does not matter. So if you know anyone with any health problem there is no use bothering with this company who claims YOU DO NOT EVEN HAVE TO HAVE A DOCTOR EXAM! That is because they can find out about you with JUST A FEW QUICK QUESTIONS and they're really fast NO!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

We've had life insurance on our two children since they were under 5 years old. Two years ago our son died suddenly and Globe Life Insurance true to their promise made to us over 40 years ago, paid the policy that we had on Christopher. Seeing that our granddaughter doesn't have life insurance we took out a policy for her. Hopefully we will not need to use it and that she can at some time in the future keep it or cash it in for financial needs. We are grateful for the inexpensive but necessary, products that Globe Life offers and that they were there for us when we needed them.

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I've had Juvenile/Child insurance for over 40 years and paying premiums on time until recently (May 2018) 1 of my payment was denied from my bank. So I ask Globe to investigate why and until today I have not received a clear answer. I've called, emailed, wrote letters and not had a legitimate answer as to why? They say they're still looking into it. Then I keep getting solicitation mails and policy premium lapse letters and still have not resolve my original complaint. Very frustrated policyholder.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I'm presently fighting with Globe Life Insurance because I was married 18 years yet we divorced 13 years ago. I continued paying on my policy on my ex husband all these years. He recently passed away in June 2018 and the company hasn't yet honored my policy which I used to pay for his service. Now I'm being told that they may pay for the service but will not pay me the difference being that we are divorced, yet I'm the one that has been paying the policy ever since it was taken out during our marriage.

It is not right for companies to try and take advantage of people during their times of grief or even otherwise. If they will not honor my policy in whole I requested that they pay me back EVERY PREMIUM that I've paid over the years and trust me that's a lot more than what the policy is worth. I personally did not get my insurance through this insurance company, I was with another company that this company took over, and I would never recommend anyone to this company.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I just cancelled my term life insurance policy with Globe Life. I had only paid one premium and before the next premium was due I called to cancel and request my premium be returned. I was told that I could not get the premium returned because that had to be done within the first 30 days of the policy. I explained that it was within the 30 days since I paid the 1st premium. "Oh no," they said, "We paid $1.00 for the first month so your premium was for the 2nd month." I said that I didn't even get the policy and billing to read in the mail until after the 30 days paid for by their $1.00. I told them they were dishonest & the $1.00 was only to keep them from having to return a premium. They were so sorry I felt that way. Meanwhile I am out almost $40.00. Grrrrr.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Globe Life Insurance?

Original review: July 27, 2018

This has the WORST EXPERIENCE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!! My issue with this company started over a month again. One month and a week later, the issue is still NOT RESOLVED. THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER... No one was able to supply me with accurate information. Requesting someone in management, apparently is unheard of. I'm going to escalate this issue way past this just a review. The only reason they received one star is because I couldn't bypass the option.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I had the best experience with the company. I signed up for life insurance for my mom, and, unfortunately and unexpectedly, she passed away really quick... I was charged $1 for the 1st month, was really devastated, and didn't care about any money. The company kept sending me letters pushing me to send a claim, and I finally sent it on the last day. I didn't even check my mail after that because as I said, I was very upset, and because I just got the insurance and paid $1 for it. They kept in touch all the time sending me letters explaining the process of the investigation as my mom died within first 2 years. It wasn't that long that I received a check for 10,000. And you know, what else? At the very end of the letter it was a line which touched me more than anything: "If we can help you in any other way, please, let us know..."

Original review: July 9, 2018

I got Globe Life Insurance. After 6 years I stopped paying on it in Jan of this year because you are not really getting much money after paying for it. The company called me many times to ask me if I wanted to keep paying my bill. I told them no. I ask them to cancel my insurance. They stated they would sent out a check. That was a month ago. I called today to find out where it was and they stated they took our money and paid the insurance we canceled. I spend hours on the phone with Luke who told me the company took our money. Now they want to refund me only 17 dollars. How can they do that? Terrible company. Because we canceled they took the money back and I will be fighting to get it.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I recently requested information from a life insurance company but it was not Globe. Suddenly I was contacted by Globe and even though I requested that the mailings stop, months later it still has not. My mailbox has still been flooded with letters of solicitation from Globe. At this point I am so frustrated with their company that I would absolutely NEVER get insurance through them.

Original review: June 8, 2018

So let me start with my grandmother passed away last year while I was incarcerated. My grandma left some money to me and some to my mother. Well let me tell you Globe Life sent my check to an address that I didn’t authorize which allowed someone to cash the check into their bank. Now mind you I was incarcerated at the time of her passing so I knew nothing about a check being sent to nor did I care. I mean my grandma had just passed. Well long story short every time I call I get told different things. Just last week they were telling me they dropped the check in the mail last week.

Just called today and now they are trying to get it “overnighted”. It’s just one big nightmare. Do not get life Insurance with these people. I am telling you that you will regret it. I want to speak to whoever is in charge here because I am getting ready to go to court about my money! Oh yeah can’t forget how they rush you off of the phone and act as if you are in the wrong for calling to check on your money when they are the ones that sent it out to a address that I didn’t authorize! I have been going through this with them for 3 months now and still no check... Take your business elsewhere. Globe Life is a bad company.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Wow, it appears I am the exception to the rule because my experience with Globe has been nothing less than outstanding. Back in 1997 I took out a couple of small Whole Life policies on my two young (at that time) kids. In the ensuing 21 years I have made a number of changes to the policies, like increasing coverage, changing names when my daughter grew up and got married, etc. Every time I have contacted Globe Life I have found their customer service people to be polite, friendly, knowledgeable, and committed. Happily, I have never had to make a claim, so I won't speak to that. But based on my 20+ year relationship with them I have every confidence that it would be handled appropriately and professionally.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I have been with Globe Life Insurance since 2010 with a term policy. Because I am older and in excellent health I thought it would be wiser to change over to whole life. They sent me another policy information form to fill out. On the form I mistakenly checked a box in 2 a that I suffered from cancer, disorder of heart, liver and brain which indicated a yes answer, I corrected the answer by scratching out the yes and indicating a no answer. I received a call from one of their representatives asking me why I scratched out the yes answer. I informed her that it was just a mistake and I corrected the answer on the form. She changed the form to indicate a yes answer and because of this I was denied whole life insurance. My health has been the same since signing with them with no changes. I am in excellent condition. My policy was altered on purpose. When contacting them they just file a complaint. Questions 1 and 2a incorrect.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I have Life Insurance through Globe LIFE Insurance. They were very prompt and thorough. I needed to update my beneficiaries and I received the documents to update the info very quickly. Thank You Globe for providing LIFE Insurance to me.

Original review: May 21, 2018

My uncle died of accidental causes in February of 2018 and as of May, Globe refuses to pay the $10,000 benefit to his surviving daughter, who is very sickly and on dialysis three times a week. Consequently, she is unable to do battle with Globe. The beneficiary and I initially spoke to "Austin' in Customer Service who was very polite and sympathetic and expressed his sadness about our loss. He gave us the status of our claim as “Pending” which was not very helpful, but he connected us that Claims Department.

Claims said our claim was in Medical Review and it is uncertain how long that would take. So, I asked to speak to a Manager or Supervisor and the Claims rep said that would be Claims Resolutions Department. That’s when we were introduced to “Asia” and the tone of the conversation turned from polite (as was the case with the aforementioned contacts) to defensive to ultimately hostile. I explained that the claims had been pending for three months and the survivors, whom are poor, have to solicit donations from the church, family and friends to scrape up just enough to have Mr. ** cremated instead of a proper funeral with a casket and burial. Asia showed no concern whatsoever and said the claims was contestable, Globe had requested multiple documents from the Madison County Texas Justice of the Peace and Medical Review also remained to be completed.

The documents Asia referenced included an investigation report (which is the same as the Madisonville Police Department report that Globe already has); a toxicology and autopsy report (which is the Montgomery County Forensic Services Department Autopsy report which I personally provided to Globe after receiving it from the Madison County Texas Justice of the Peace office) and “medical records” (Asia did not explain why Globe would think a County official would possess the deceased medical history). When I challenged Asia on these points, she became very argumentative. I asked her if she would be willing to personally do whatever possible to expedite the receipt of any needed documents and she refused. She ended the conversation with an extremely sarcastic “You have a nice day”.

Original review: May 17, 2018

We have had a small accident policy with Globe Life since 1983, paying a small premium. The premium was deducted from my business account all these years. Recently I retired and needed the premium changed to my personal account. The policy was so old they said they couldn't find it. For two days I was on the phone with them being transferred to various people and finally someone said they had found the policy and that I needed to fax a voided check along with policy number, routing number, etc. Which I did.

Requesting the premium be deducted beginning April 23. I called Globe life on March 27 and said everything had been taking care of. However, when I received bank statement, the premium had not been deducted. So I have called today. The person I talked to found my policy but her supervisor could not. They are supposed to be calling me within 2 hours. What if we had had a claim to be filed? I am not pleased with this company at all right now.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I've been with Globe Life for about 2 years. This company right here is a terrible company to have insurance any life insurance with. The customer service don't know what they doing. They quick to take your money. They transfer you to other people that don't know what they doing with their job. They always passing you along for no reason. I had life insurance with them with seven different people. What I did is I took the adults and went to another company better than Globe Life insurance. I kept the kids with Globe Life because they had a better rate and whole life insurance they have rates never go up. The reason why I'm leaving them because it's all about the respecting the customer and catering to the customer who's paying life insurance. They rather collect the money and don't care how customers feel.

My problem was I made the payment for three policy for my kids. They went to my account three different transaction. I understand it's three different policy. My bank charge me overdraft fees for each transaction Globe Life Insurance rather not give me the $87 overdraft fee. If their CEO would know that they lost a customer for only $87 they would have said, "You should have kept this customer." I cancel my insurance policy. Now they giving me a hard time to cancel. I'm just asking for the 11 months. Globe Life Insurance basically telling me Oh I have to write a letter saying I want my refund, I want my money back and also the state that I resign. I cannot get refund back. Does that make any sense...

Globe Life is a greedy company. Their whole life insurance policies will expire when the person turn 99 years old. All that's a waste of money... It's 2018. These days you see people making it to 110 years old... I need an insurance company that's going to have my back until life. My insurance company that I currently have is the best Forester life insurance!!?? When I look at those complaints in a reviews for Globe Life Insurance they are terrible. I understand why people canceled. Leave this company. Globe Life Insurance customer service is terrible. The business is terrible. They greedy money hungry greedy...

Original review: April 4, 2018

I contacted Globe Life in January 2018 to cancel my policy with them, I was instructed by the first representative that I spoke with that I would need to send an email to a specific department to cancel it and for them to send me a check for the cash balance that had accrued on the account. So I sent the email and they stated up to 10 business days for my policy to be cancelled and for a check to be received in the mail. So I waited until the first week of February and called back, the next representative stated that there is no department that I could email it into and that the last representative did not know what they were talking about.

So this representative instructed me to fax it in and put it to her attention and I could receive it in 10 business days. I went to my local Staples and faxed it in that day!! Twelve business days later I called back because I had not received the check yet and it was now showing on the website that the policy was surrendered. The next representative instructed me that it could take up to 30 days for me to receive the check in the mail and that if I don’t receive it by then I should call back.

Another 20 days go by, I call back and the rep states that it was sent out a month ago!!! I informed her that I never received it (otherwise I wouldn’t be calling back), she states that she will put in another request for another check to be sent out and have a stop payment put on the previous check that was sent out. She stated that I should call back in a week or so to let them know that I received it in the mail.

A week and a half goes by, I call to see when they sent it out. The current rep tells me that they didn’t send it out because the previous check was cashed!!! I AM FURIOUS!! How was a check cashed and I never received it?? And now they are saying that they have to do research to see who cashed the check and where it was cashed at. And I’m still sitting here 4 months later with nothing to show for this mess. Don’t do business with them, none of their reps know what they are doing and you will get a different answer every time you call. I’m so over them, it’s ridiculous!

Original review: April 3, 2018

In November 2017, I decided to cancel my 3 grandchildren policy with Globe and go with Gerber. Globe accidentally cancel my son's policy instead of my grandson. I sent a fax on 1/5/2018 with my three grandchildren policy numbers on them. This is what Globe told me to do. However they cancelled the wrong policy. On 1/10/2018 I notified Globe of the error and they ask if I had sent the policy number to be cancel in writing. I informed them that I was told to fax it and I did. The agent said she would pull the fax and the error would be corrected. On 1/21/18 I received a check in the mail for the surrender value of my son's policy. I called and spoke with yet another agent and was told that it was still being investigated that someone would be calling me back. I heard nothing.

On 2/9/18 I called back and went thru the spiel again. This time I was told to send the check back with a letter indicating what happen and that the policy would be reinstated and the correct policy will be cancelled. Called 3/15/18 to get an update. None available. Called back again today 4/3/18. Was told that I was given wrong information and that the policy couldn't be reinstate. I asked the agent where was the check. She kept saying that they couldn't cash the check because it was made out to me. I informed her that I was told to send the check back but I don't think she understood. This place is very unprofessional and I got different stories every time I called about my situation. I wouldn't recommend them at all. To make it even worse I waited on hold for 20 minutes to get help.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I have been calling them for the last 8 months begging and pleading for them to remove my deceased relative's name and address from their system. Each time I was told it was done & I would never see another thing from them again, but apparently that was a bold face lie, as we still continue to get this junk mail every month. I was lied to by each representative telling me they removed his name and address from their system, when in fact they did nothing. It was when I stated I would submit a formal complaint to the BBB, that I was put in touch with a "supervisor" who said that she did not see anything removed from their system and that she just removed them, but that I will continue to receive their sales junk mail for another 3 months. My relative never asked for this information AND did not start receiving this until AFTER they died, so unsure where they fished their information from.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I have 5 different insurance policies with Globe Life on loved ones dating back to 2010. Never had a problem until I purchased a policy on my sister in 2015 for $5000. This is all that they would cover her for because of preexisting conditions. The policy had a clause that it would only pay back premiums if the insured died in the first 2 years of the policy. I have been having problems paying this policy online since 2016. I pay all my policies once a year online. For some reason, just this particular policy has been blocked and highlighted in red on 'special pay.' No one at the company has been able to explain why. Finally, in January 2018, I was told it was because the policy had been overpaid, they had received 2 payments from me in 2017. The problem then became getting them to post this overpayment to my account so that my February 2018 payment could be paid.

I have been being told for the past 2 months that they have an overpayment from me of $172.12 that would be credited to my account. I was told 4 weeks ago that they were behind on crediting payments and to give it a few more days. Well, today is 3/21/2018 and my policy premium was due on 2/22/2018. Not only have they not credited the extra payment, I was informed today that I didn't make an extra payment, even though their records show that I did. So when I ask the rep if I can make a payment over the phone, she says they cannot accept a payment because the credit department has to take the hold off of the account. It has been 2 months now and the credit department hasn't lifted the hold yet. I have never heard of being penalized for making a payment on an account too early. Steer clear.

Original review: March 20, 2018

On February 1st 2018 I sent Globe Life A Request for money I paid for Life Insurance you are refusing to pay. I'm not getting any medical records. And like I keep telling your no good company a dead man can't talk. I don't know who he had as his medical power of Attorney. I DO know he named me as the beneficiary of this policy as well as I was the one signing and paying monthly premiums to your no good company. It's now been 3 years 3 months. Send me the money that was spent on this policy. You should be made to pay interest for keeping it so long. I'm not going to send you medical records because I'm not entitled to them. WHAT PART OF THAT DON'T YOU ** UNDERSTAND. STOP PLAYING WITH PEOPLE'S MONEY.

The Funeral Home Service want their money and has held liability on me because I was on GLOBE LIFE POLICY AS THE BENEFICIARY. PLEASE SHARE:

If you have Globe Life as a life insurance I advise you to drop this company. They target middle/poor class. This is my experience. One Company Helping The Other Companies Scam Poor People. Government. I have contacted every NEWS MEDIA. These people aren't here to help us.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I been playing PCH sweepstakes online then Global Life Insurance pop up. Get free quotes. Just sign up. Won’t charge your credit card. Then I notice that I been billed from February to July without my knowledge or consent. So I called to tell them. They told me, "Sorry can’t get your money back." So I told them, "Why not. Never gave you guys permission to take money out of my account." I told them never wanted their insurance and to take me off. Then she said it takes about six months. What kind of ** is that scammers.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I did a web search for life insurance. Received a call from Globe Life, rep offered $25000 of Whole Life Insurance for $24.30. Accepted and gave banking info for auto draft. Received paperwork in January 2018, notice upon review that a bad date of birth was listed. Called Globe on 1/11/18 to correct the date of birth, spoke to Victor who said the rate would increase but I could get $20000 for around $24. Victor said he would have to submit the correction for the DOB, and the corrected policy would be mailed to me. I called again on 1/20/18, spoke to Gene who said he would forward to a supervisor. I received a corrected policy on 2/12/18 stating that my rate will be $61.54. I call again, spoke to supervisor Ruben on 2/13/18 who said Globe will not honor their quotes.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Globe Life Insurance would not even give me a five thousand dollar life insurance policy. I'm 58, with wife and a teenage son. They will only accept you if you are in perfect health, God forbid if you have a congenital issue. I suppose they know more than my doctors. Stay clear, I'm going over to Gerber!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Was checking my credit card statement for the month and noticed my account had two charges for the same amount on the same day from this company. I've never even heard of them. I don't have any policies or business with them. Where did they get my account info? My credit union is in the process of reporting them for fraud. They are scamming thieves who steal account information. Now, I had to have my card canceled and wait for a new one to be issued. You POS's. BTW, ratings need to be updated to allow NO STARS!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

My Uncle passed away October 26th of 2017. After receiving Death Certificates I faxed all paperwork and certificates to Globe Life in middle of November 2017. Second week of January I hadn't received anything in the mail. I call Globe and find out that the Check was sent to the wrong address as of December 8th 2017 and my name was misspelled. I was told that the check was going to have a stop payment applied to it, and "if by any chance I did received it", to rip it up because, it would not be valid and another one would be issued out. I actually did receive the check later that week and ripped it up because I was told to!! Called about 4 days ago, and spoke to Joy and was told that she would call me back and assured me she would find out what was happening with the check.

It is now February 1st and just called again and spoke to Kimberly, and she talks with her supervisor Julie, who says a stop payment was never applied to the first check and a stop payment will "now be applied" to the check. It will now take 4 days for a stop payment to go through and then another check will be expedited. When I spoke with Joy she said that her supervisor Julie would request that the check be overnighted to me since, I have been waiting sooo long!!! Joy never did call me back even though she assured me she would be in the next day and call me back.

When I brought that to Kimberly's attention, she told me that maybe Joy hadn't heard from payment processing and then put me on hold. Kimberly then came back on the phone and told me that joy had been out sick for a week due to the flu. Even though when I first called, and told Kimberly the situation, she said to me that Joy was there two desks away from her and that they had the same supervisor. How could Joy be out for a whole week if she "is there today"!!! Lies, lies, lies... I am now being told that they will expedite the check. It's so sad, if Globe is a really good company, the people working for them, make them look like crap!! I will not give them my business ever!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I hear so many bad reviews on Globe Life not paying out claims. I must give credit when credit is due to a company. Life insurance was purchased on a love one in March 2017 and they passed unexpected July 2017. I assumed that Globe Life would give me a extremely hard time and not pay out the claim because the policy was only held for 4 months. My love one passed of a brain tumor that was never diagnosed, I sent all the medical records that I had obtained and sent them to Globe along with all their required forms. The policy was contestable and all the questions was answered honestly when the policy was issued. There was a delay in the death certificate, due to pending autopsy. Submitted all paperwork on 12/5/17 and Globe approved and paid out the claim January 16 without any issue. As long as you're honest, Globe Life is honest and will pay out the claim.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I submitted a policy for surrender and payment on October 6, 2017. I was told it would take approximately four weeks for payment. It is now January 9, 2018 and I still haven't received a check. I've heard every excuse imaginable. "We tried to reach you" (They didn't). "A check is being processed". (It wasn't) "We can overnight it" (Didn't happen). I have filed a complaint with the Texas Department of Insurance but at this point, I am considering a lawsuit for fraud. EVERY SINGLE TIME a Globe employee said they would do something, it didn’t happen. At some point, you realize no company is that incompetent. It is intentional and it is criminal.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I recommend NO ONE use this company. They steal your money! I am 24 years old and my grandmother purchased the $20,000 life insurance plan the day I was born. When I turned 18, I took over and continued paying. I called to purchase an additional $50,000 of accidental death coverage because I now have children and god forbid anything happen to me, I want my children to be taken care of. After paying THOUSANDS of dollars to this company I am informed that if I were to die tomorrow, my family would only get $318.96 because since I added the additional coverage, the premium anniversary date starts over and according to them, the cash value payout to the beneficiary is only $50,000 AFTER 20 years. So I’m supposed to prevent anything from happening to me for 20 years in order to make sure my family gets the money that is rightfully THEIRS!

I can’t control life. People die accidentally every day. I can’t stop that. This was supposed to protect my family if anything were to happen. That’s the whole point of life insurance. Don’t throw your money away. This is a scam company. Read the fine print before signing up with them. There’s a lot of things they do not tell you. How am I supposed to sleep at night knowing that if I were to pass away my child would be well taken care of with $300!!? That’s not even enough to cover the funeral! SCAMMM!!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Globe Life was very professional and helpful when dealing with my claim. They helped me through the process at a hard time in my life. They explained what paperwork was necessary. I reported the death and then when the death certificate was available I turned that in with the other documents as requested. I received a check for the full amount within 10 days. I have been paying on this policy since 2013.

Globe Life Insurance expert review by Neal Frankle

Globe Life Insurance is among the most prominent and reputable life insurance writers in the United States. Founded in Oklahoma in 1951, the company provides life and accident insurance to individuals. They offer a variety of plans that tailor to individual needs, and make the buying experience easy with no sales agents involved. They have more than $69 billion of insurance in force and are committed to providing secure life insurance protection to their policyholders.

• Convenient service: Globe Life Insurance offers online quotes, service through the mail and the option to contact them via phone.

• Online access: Customers can access their Globe Life Insurance account information online for easy account management.

• Accidental death protection: Globe Life Insurance offers accidental death protection so that the family of the deceased is covered in the event of an accidental death.

• Adult and child life insurance: They offer life insurance coverage both for children and adults to ensure that families receive the assistance they need.

• Medicare supplemental coverage: Globe Life Insurance provides supplemental coverage for Medicare holders to cover costs that Medicare doesn't.

Profile picture of Neal Frankle
Neal Frankle

Life Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.

Globe Life Insurance Company Information

1951
P. O. Box 268850
Oklahoma City
OK
www.globeontheweb.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business