Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates
2.08/5

Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Globe Life Insurance Reviews

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

My love one my baby was tragically taken from me. It is so hard to deal with especially when it was so unexpected. I had purchased this insurance policy with a 2 year clause that I was not aware of so it was a long process taking a bit over 90 days. I was so sad and grief stricken and stressed out losing my love one my baby. The insurance company had to go through the process of finding out what had tragically happened to my Love One my Baby. After finding out what happened to my love one just a bit over 90 days the insurance company paid 100% in the Mail. I just cried like a baby because it was just so sad and painful. Reality hit hard knowing my love one my baby was really gone and to see after all the negative comments that I had saw on their website that this insurance company really Honored the Policy I had 100%.

Globe Life Insurance response

Nana, we send our sincere condolences to you and your family on the loss of your loved one. We appreciate you and the trust you placed in Globe Life and we're honored that we were able to be there when you needed us the most. Thank you again for your feedback and God bless you and your family during this difficult and sad time.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

The called me about a problem and helped me settle it very quickly. I moved forgot to send new address and months went by with out payment. They contacted me with a plan to reduce my back payment and continued my policy with no break in its history. Saved money and kept my policy up to date.

Globe Life Insurance response

That’s what we’re here for! We’re happy to know we’re providing the best service possible! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we’re doing and we appreciate you choosing Globe Life!

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I am new to Globe Life and so far my experience has been superb from the application process to me speaking to customer service rep. I spoke to two different reps and both was very knowledgeable about the product and company. I felt at ease when I hung and so ready to make my payment. I have been to way too many funerals of late and the families had absolutely no insurance, this prompted me to call Globe to increase my insurance coverage for my entire family. They made the process easy breezy! Thank you Globe Life.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

My dad bought life insurance through Globe Life after taking an early retirement package. He purchased 50K term life. I was nervous based on all the bad reviews about payout (even before he had passed), but the first correspondence from them after a phone call and sending in what I needed to was the check. I expected it to be some BS about "needing more info" before ultimately denying the claim, but NO issue. Smooth and seamless during a difficult time. Thank you Globe Life!

Globe Life Insurance response

We send our sincere condolences to you and your family on the loss of your dad. We appreciate the trust your dad placed in Globe Life and we're honored that he chose us for this important financial coverage. Thank you again for your feedback and we're happy that we were able to be there when you needed us the most. God bless you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Due to changes my wife's health I was required to make changes to the beneficiaries on 2 policies that I have. In Feb. I went on internet to make changes, it was simple. Made the changes and a day or 2 later I realized that the change I made to one policy was incorrect and went back on internet to change and found out that I had to wait 30 days to make the change (understandable for my protection). In March I was able to make the change. Piece of cake. On or about 10th of March received a letter in mail reflecting the changes I made in Feb. so I called customer service on phone to verify that changes I made in March did take effect, and the representative did check and assured that changes made in March were in effect. She was extremely courteous and understood my concern. This is great customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Globe Life Insurance?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

My ex-husband left me as beneficiary to his life insurance policy. I am no longer his next of kin. He passed away September 17, 2019. I have now had three different life insurance representatives. I was paid part of the life insurance. The rest I was told would be investigated. My new representative Victor first last week told me to call the hospital and see if I could receive my ex-husband's medical records. Due to HIPAA laws I am unable to do so and a Life Insurance Representative should already know that. Today we spoke again he is sending paperwork for my ex-husband's mother to sign a release for medical records.

Victor told me if she refused to sign the records that I would not receive the rest of the insurance policy. Nowhere in the policy does it state that his mother would be required to do this. The death certificate I provided plainly says what he passed away from. I am unhappy with Victor and I want Globe Life to fix this issue. It is not my fault that HIPAA laws say I can not receive the medical records. If anyone from Globe life would reach me that would be great. My name is Rebecca ** and my phone is +**. I would like this issue revolved.

Globe Life Insurance response

Rebecca, we're very sorry for the loss of your ex-husband. We'd like to investigate this death claim further but need you to PRIVATE message us your name, your ex-husband's name, the policy #, your phone number and the best time to call you. We will have a supervisor contact you as soon as we've investigated why this claim hasn't been paid in full. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Resolution response: Dec. 12, 2019

I was finally able to reset my password and get into my account. Not sure how they fixed it but they did. Thank you Globe Life! Still a happy consumer.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I’ve been locked out of my online Globe Life account after 3 solid years of monthly payments. I’ve never had a problem with this before this month, December 2019. I made a payment online on December 3rd, 2019 and I didn’t receive a confirmation email like I usually do. I went to check my Globe Life account online and found that I had been locked out of it. When I enter my credentials it says the email and password doesn’t match the account. So I waited a couple of days and called customer service to see if they had received my payment and they said they didn’t have it recorded as being paid, and it hadn’t cleared the bank yet either, so I thought maybe I put the card number in wrong, so I paid it again on the telephone on December 5th and I still haven’t received a confirmation email about that payment either.

So I called them back today, December 9th 2019 and was told that they can’t help me with being locked out of my online account, and that I would have to submit a ticket to get help with tech support. I had already submitted a ticket on Friday, so they told me I should hear something from them today, but that didn’t happen. So I’ve submitted another ticket and I’m still waiting to hear something.

I can’t believe that a company the size of Globe Life Insurance doesn’t have a tech support number you can call. And where are the payments I’ve made? They don’t have a record of me even paying them over the phone. You would think that customer service would put it in the notes that I made an online payment as well as a payment over the phone, but there was nothing in the notes. And the service representative was apologetic, but couldn’t do anything for me. That’s just weird. Have they been hacked!? It’s not unheard of for a large company like this to be hacked. Or have they decided that since I’ve made payments for more than the 2 year period it takes to actually file a claim, that they are done with me? I need answers people!!

Globe Life Insurance response

Beverly, please accept our sincere apology for this payment and account issue. Customer satisfaction is a top priority for Globe Life and we're sorry your experience didn't reflect that. Please send us a PRIVATE Consumer Affairs response with your full name, policy number, phone number and the best time to contact you and we'll have a supervisor reach out to you for a resolution ASAP. We're very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I was sent information on a mortgage protection policy from another carrier, but they never replied back. I tried Globe asking for a mortgage protection policy with a 1st to die clause, so whichever of us were to die first the insurance from our policy would then cover the mortgage for the second. I was sent a policy which talks about the importance of mortgage protection, since I already knew that and asked for the policy I did not pay close attention and halfway through the policy it begins talking about accidental death and dismemberment instead.

We signed up anxious to get our policy and thinking we would then also get a quote and an explanation of our policy to be sure it was what we wanted. Instead, we received and AD&D policy and a month's premium for the policy was automatically deducted! When I called into the Globe Carrier to cancel the policy that was another hassle. I was told that I could not cancel the policy as the policy was my husband's only. We had signed up together for mortgage protection, so I should have been on the policy. This was exacerbated because my husband was just out of the hospital from surgery and did not want to talk to anyone, he wanted to rest and recover. I went online and canceled the policy, but that did not give us the policy we wanted, nor did it return the premium for the policy we did not want. It certainly used to be you had a right to cancel for 30 days after receiving your policy no questions asked.

I WOULD NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS CARRIER, THEY SEEM SNEAKY AND DISHONEST IN THE WAY THEY DO BUSINESS. It is underhanded to start a conversation even in written material talking about one kind of policy and then pull the old bait and switch and send a different policy altogether. There are plenty of other more honest carriers to chose from, use one of them, don't risk an automatic withdrawal, or that you will be paying and receiving something other than what you wanted.

Globe Life Insurance response

Kara, we are very sorry to learn of your experience and take claims of this nature very seriously. We invite you to send us a PRIVATE Consumer Affairs response with you and your husband's full name, policy number, phone number and the best time to contact you so that we can investigate this matter and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I bought Globe Life when my first granddaughter was born 23 years ago. I added 3 more policies for 3 more grandchildren. Every year when my policies came due they pushed for more coverage. The last 2 years they started billing me every six months. The second billing was for more coverage but the bill said in big red letters THIS IS YOUR BILL. In fact it was just another push. I am done with them. I WILL NOT PAY ANOTHER TERM FOR ANY OF MY GRANDKIDS to a company who just pushes more and more making it look like a regular bill.

Globe Life Insurance response

Hilda, please accept our sincere apology for this billing issue. Customer satisfaction is a top priority for Globe Life and if we've failed in this area we are very sorry. Please send us a Consumer Affairs PRIVATE response with your name, grandchildren's names, policy numbers, your phone number and the best time to contact you. We will have a supervisor reach out to you.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Updated on 12/13/2019: If the system would allow me to rate below one star, I would. Please see my previous review to better explain. I did receive a response from a customer care representative who asked for a good time to contact me in response to this issue. Needless to say, I provided two different days and no one contacted me during those days. Since then, I have contacted Globe Life numerous times. Today, I spoke with an Alasia who transferred me to a member of her management team, Desiree ** (I believe). Instead of reviewing said notes, I had to again state my loan request issue dating back to September. Now, I am being told, no change of ownership is listed on file. This is not true, as all other Globe representatives returned to phone after looking for said form and stated, "Yes you are correct. We have the form from 2011."

Today, I received a letter from Globe Life stating my policy loan is now fully paid. But there is a balance due consisting of accrued interest. WTH... I never deposited a loan check to accrue interest. The incorrect check which was sent to my attention was returned on November 5, 2019. I have tried to be very patient in this matter. Unfortunately, Ms. ** was not the proper person I should have been speaking with as she continued to make this out to be my issue and not Globe Life's. Can someone please contact me from this company as I have now spoken to the following members regarding this issue: Desiree, Alasia, Tierra, Kelsie, Amerie, Chris, Jenny, Stephanie, and Rachel. Unfortunately, Ms. Desiree ** is now stating that all nine team members were incorrect in speaking with me as SHE cannot locate an ownership form on file even though all nine members were able to do so. Thank you. Lorie

Original Review: Many years ago I purchased a policy when my son (now 30 years of age) was very small. Upon turning 21 we elected to keep his mom as the owner of policy since he was not yet responsible for payments. This past October 2019, I decided to borrow the cash value for an emergency. Upon contacting Globe, was informed loan value amount was over $850.00. I requested $850.00. On 10-04-2019, the check I received was for an incorrect amount and was made payable to the insured instead of the owner. I have contacted Globe Life a little over 9x's to try to rectify this issue. The first week their systems were down and could not provide any assistance.

Afterwards, have spoken with several members of Globe including Supervisors/Managers who would only state, they would call you back but never do. I was able to reach a team member who instructed me to return check (to accounting team) along with a short letter. Said letter and check was sent on November 5, 2019. As per November 25, 2019 check is not showing as received. Spoke again with a member of their management team who stated would call me within 2 days and place stop payment on said check.

Well, today is December 2nd and to date, no phone calls from Globe. Actually, I have now been on hold for approximately 20 minutes and no response. I pray I never need to use this policy for a death benefit as I am now worried purchasing this policy was a waste of my time and premiums. This process of requesting a loan has now taken almost 60 days due to an error on Globe Life's part, not mine. I am glad I also had enough sense to purchase a policy from Gerber Life too. I have never received the level of poor customer service with Gerber Life as I am witnessing with Globe Life. Just spoke with a team member. The check was supposedly received by Globe Life on November 25th, the same day I last spoke with a supervisor. Was informed I would now have to wait another 25 days approximately. This is utterly and totally ridiculous. Thank you.

Globe Life Insurance response

Lorie, we're very sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation with your cash value loan check. We want to make sure that this is now being taken care of in a more timely manner. Please send us your name, your son's name, policy #, the reason for your inquiry, phone # and the best time to contact you to feedback@globelifeins.com. We'll look into the reason for your check delay. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and we look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Globe Life Insurance expert review by Neal Frankle

Globe Life Insurance is among the most prominent and reputable life insurance writers in the United States. Founded in Oklahoma in 1951, the company provides life and accident insurance to individuals. They offer a variety of plans that tailor to individual needs, and make the buying experience easy with no sales agents involved. They have more than $69 billion of insurance in force and are committed to providing secure life insurance protection to their policyholders.

• Convenient service: Globe Life Insurance offers online quotes, service through the mail and the option to contact them via phone.

• Online access: Customers can access their Globe Life Insurance account information online for easy account management.

• Accidental death protection: Globe Life Insurance offers accidental death protection so that the family of the deceased is covered in the event of an accidental death.

• Adult and child life insurance: They offer life insurance coverage both for children and adults to ensure that families receive the assistance they need.

• Medicare supplemental coverage: Globe Life Insurance provides supplemental coverage for Medicare holders to cover costs that Medicare doesn't.

Profile picture of Neal Frankle
Neal Frankle Life Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.

Globe Life Insurance Company Information