3.9/5 (728 ratings)

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

About Globe Life Insurance

Globe Life offers life insurance products for adults and children with coverage amounts up to $50,000. The simple application process requires no medical exam or waiting period, and rates start as low as $3.49 per month for adults. The company charges only $1 for your first month, and it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

Pros

• No medical exam
    • 30-day money-back guarantee
    • Whole life policy for kids
    • $1 for first month

Cons

• Limited death benefits
    • Limited riders

Bottom Line

Globe Life Insurance is ideal for families and individuals. Customer reviews highlight the easy application process and affordable payments. It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, but it has limited death benefits.

Top Globe Life Insurance Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I called about my payment card. I had to have my bank to turn it off and go get another one. He told me that it was no problem and since my payment was already in process that we ...

Verified

Denise was very pleasant and helpful, I had questions that I’m sure she has been asked 100 times. Denise took her time to explain and was patient throughout the whole process. ......

What is Globe Life Insurance?

Globe Life sells life insurance with coverage up to $50,000 for adults and $30,000 for children. The Globe Life application process is simple, and the company does not require a medical exam. Globe Life offers online bill payment and a mobile app for easy access to your policy. The company also gives free quotes with minimal personal information.

Globe Life Insurance application process

To apply for Globe Life insurance, use the quote tool and choose any level of coverage (up to the maximum). The quote requires information such as your age, location, beneficiaries and medical history. Globe Life provides a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you change your mind. For more information or help with the application process, call a Globe Life customer service agent.

Globe Life Insurance policies and coverage

Globe Life has life insurance policies for adults and children. Policies for adults are available for those up to 75 at the time of sign-up; policies for children are available for those 25 or younger, though age restrictions for whole insurance policies for children may differ by state. Its children's life insurance can pay up to $30,000 in benefits. Globe Life’s life insurance for adults provides coverage amounts ranging from $5,000 to $50,000, and there’s no waiting period.

Globe Life Insurance rates

Healthy adults might pay as little as $3.49 per month for life insurance with Globe Life, though rates are likely to be higher depending on the coverage amount you select, as well as your age, income, location and health history. Families can pay as little as $2.17 per month for life insurance for children, though you might expect to pay between $5 to $14 per month for this type of coverage.

Globe Life does not require medical exams, but customers should answer honestly about their medical history when applying. During the application process, make sure to disclose any preexisting medical condition; otherwise, the company might not pay the death benefit.

Globe Life Insurance claims process

For Globe Life policyholders, the claims process differs depending on the policy underwriter. Visit the Globe Life website to begin a claim. Life insurance policies that aren’t yet two years old are considered “contestable,” with claims subject to review. Policies more than two years old are “incontestable” and will be paid upon receipt and examination of required documents.

Globe Life Insurance FAQ

Does Globe Life have a waiting period?
    No. Globe Life Insurance allows customers to buy any life insurance product and receive coverage immediately.
    Does Globe Life offer senior life insurance?
    Yes, senior life insurance is available for customers looking to cover final expenses associated with funeral costs, hospice care and other outstanding debts. This coverage option is ideal for older individuals who may not need extensive coverage.
    What can I do with the Globe Life app?
    Customers can complete the following tasks within the Globe Life app:
    • Pay a monthly bill
    • Set up payments for one-time expenses
    • Access and edit personal information
    • Monitor coverage
    • Review coverage and plan options
    • Interact with Globe Life on social media

Is Globe Life Insurance good?

Globe Life is a great option for families and individuals looking for affordable life insurance policies. The company covers children up to age 25 and adults up to age 75 (at the time of sign-up). With its low costs, 30-day money-back guarantee and no medical exam requirement, Globe Life gets our recommendation.

Globe Life Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Globe Life Insurance?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

I called to complain about Globe Life's awful policy service. In this case, the young lady was patient and allowed me to vent. I give her kudos. I know it was not her that failed us but those in Policy Service and I reiterated several times that I appreciated her listening. I am taking my six policies from Globe Life. It is patently obvious that the company cares about nothing but getting their premiums. When it comes to the simplest tasks that require editing items on my policy, they fail repeatedly. However, in this instance, I cannot fault the representative for her time and that's why I rate 'Good,' here rather than 'Average" - at best.

Globe Life Insurance response

Stan, while we're happy you were satisfied with your recent interaction with Globe Life we apologize we didn't provide you with the service you expect or deserve in other instances. We're disappointed that we've lost your trust and your business and will use this unfortunate situation to improve our process of assisting our customers and policyholders. Thank you for taking the time to let us know where improvement is needed and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Original review: June 20, 2022

Had to change some grand child policy. Emmanuel ** was not able To enter data in online account. Also wanted to increase life insurance by $5000. Agent was able to help me to get policy on online account and to increase life insurance by additional $5000!

Globe Life Insurance response

Hector, that’s what we’re here for! We’re happy to know we’re providing the best service possible! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we’re doing.

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 27, 2022

I bought life insurance for my family. Little did I know my husband would die unexpectedly so soon. It was during the contestability period of my life insurance. I knew I had been honest when taking out our policies however it took Globe 5months to research and pay out his claim. Although I did a lot of the legwork for them because when I would call to inquire they would state they were having a hard time getting certain medical records, I would call the company and the doctor would give a different story. Final point is after the review was done, Globe did payout his policy. His funeral was paid for and they sent me the check for the remaining funds. They also paid interest on the money since it had taken so long. So as long as your completely honest when filling out your application for insurance you should never have any issues. Although the process was long. I still thank Globe for being a day 1 coverage as their claims state.

Globe Life Insurance response

Crystal, we hope and pray that you and your family are doing well since the loss of your husband. We appreciate you and the trust you’ve placed in Globe Life and we're honored that we were able to be there for you and your family when you needed us the most. We thank you for choosing Globe Life for this important coverage.

Original review: March 16, 2022

I really like how they handle my insurance needs, and I had no problem in getting help. That when I was trying to find out information of what I was calling about. I also like the prices of the of their policies that I was buying for my grandchildren's, and that I had purchase another one of their policies.

Globe Life Insurance response

Joyce, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We love hearing that our customers find our process simple and our coverage affordable. Thank you for choosing Globe Life and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

My grandkids parents have passed away, so any affairs are handled by us their grandparents, and Globe Life DID handle this need immediately! There is 5 children, now I have a life policy on all, 11 years to 25. This took a lot off us knowing now they are covered for the rest of their lives and it was a fast process to go thru with globe life. I do recommend them, truly!

Globe Life Insurance response

Peggy, we hope and pray that you and your family are doing well since the loss of your loved ones. We appreciate you and the trust you’ve placed in Globe Life for the financial protection of your grandchildren and we're honored that we were able to be there for you and your family when you needed us the most. We look forward to serving you for many years to come and we thank you for choosing Globe Life!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

Trying to cancel a policy that was transferred to me after my Mom died. First call resulted in no action on their part. I sent a request through their online form next, and that was ignored. I made a second call, and the representative told me using the form that was the wrong way to make my request. He told me that I need to send a bunch of info over email, including my SSN. I said I wasn't comfortable doing that, which was met with a weird attitude. I finally was gifted with the proper email address to contact, and they replied. The first time. They let me know which info to send to cancel the policy (didn't include my SSN). I sent that info and haven't heard back in 20 days. Reached out again and waiting.

Globe Life Insurance response

Nathan, we're very sorry to hear about your mom's passing and the unfortunate situation with this cancelation issue, and the inefficiency of our service. If you could please send us via PRIVATE response your full name, your mom's name, policy #, phone #, and the best time to contact you. We'll have a representative contact you and resolve this issue to your satisfaction. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

I reapplied for life insurance, and was denied because of supposedly medication that’s on my prescription records, I’m a healthy 33 year old female mind you. I had insurance with this company up until February of this year… Now all of sudden I can get new life insurance because of my depression medication that I took in 2017 after the death of my child…

I haven’t taken medication since any type of medication since 2018, yet I am being denied life insurance this time around be I wasn’t denied in 2020. It’s wrong and unfair you can’t deny someone life insurance just because they took depression medication after the lost of their child!! Then no one ask why the medication was taken just denied me life insurance but if I am being denied now why wasn’t I denied in 2020? Seeing that my prescription history goes back to 2018 and 2017 was when I took the medication.

I was approved for life insurance through this company in 2020, I canceled my insurance because I realized it was term life and I needed whole life. Now I’m being denied insurance because of my depression medicine that I haven’t taken in 5 years. Like I said I’m a healthy female everything that’s on the prescription record shows medication I was prescribed during my pregnancy and after the loss of my child. Which I haven’t had a child in 5 years and haven’t taken depression medication in 5 years… which I lose my daughter 5 years ago. You can’t just deny someone off their prescription record without full details.

Globe Life Insurance response

Rakisha, we apologize that our Globe Life coverage didn't meet your expectations. Our top priority is providing various types of affordable financial coverage to our customers and we're sorry this was your experience. If you'd like us to look further into your situation we invite you to send us via PRIVATE response your name, your phone number, and any other relative information regarding your previous policy number. We'll have a supervisor contact you after looking into this further.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

They were courteous, polite, and Quick and every agent was compassionate in the claims department. They answered all my questions. It was a noncontested policy and everything went smoothly. Would recommend this company.

Globe Life Insurance response

Carol, we hope and pray that you and your family are doing well since the loss of your loved one. We appreciate you and the trust you’ve placed in Globe Life and we're honored that we were able to be there for you and your family when you needed us the most. We look forward to serving you for many years to come and we thank you for being a loyal customer!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

Well, where to start? I spent about 3 months trying to "buy" life insurance through Globe Life. Then this Sales Rep called me, goes by "Jakobi" Tried to upsale my life insurance policy. He ended up adding a second policy under my name. This company claims you don't need a medical exam if you purchase guaranteed whole life insurance, which is what I was trying to purchase. Two months after I started the policy, they claimed I needed a medical exam, beyond the medical questions I already answered 3 Times! I refused, and the "Jakobi" said he would get back to me once he spoke to the underwriters. It's been 4 weeks, no word, and they called me today to pay an additional premium! I cancelled the extra policy today on the spot. I always keep my promises, as I indicated I would do when I told "Jakobi". Thanks for nothing! Stay away from this company! Look for any other Life Insurance company!

Globe Life Insurance response

Derek, please accept our sincere apology for this policy and cancelation issue. The situation you described is unacceptable and not indicative of the way we do business. If this issue is still unresolved please send us via PRIVATE response your full name, policy #, phone #, and the best time to contact you. We’ll have a supervisor reach out to you for a resolution. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

If you get or have a Globe Life policy and pay on it for decades, then have an emergency and need to access the funds it will take a month to get your money, Yep 21 business days equals a month. With no explanation why it takes so long except "it's just how it is". Not to me. Not in this day and age, you have the request, you told me amount, you have completed documentation with signatures, why a month? What takes this amount of time, the amount doesn't change? This is helping your customers in their time of need is it? You don't even offer an expedited method of payment that we can pay for, just sit and wait and wait and wait some more.

For your antiquated computer systems to spit out a check that can be placed in snail mail instead of your customer's hands, is that so you can be withdrawn from any liability should postal service not be on top their game? They won't even send it first class, it gets sent just regular mail and they can't look up in the account notes if or when it will be sent. You are a huge operation that can afford state of the art systems, yet you won't step up to help your customers even when told how life threatening the situation has become. SHAME ON YOU GLOBE LIFE!!!! May you never have to rely on yourselves. I wouldn't wish your handling of such a time sensitive issue on anyone.

Globe Life Insurance response

Catherine, we're very sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation with your policy funds and the inefficiency of our service. If you could please send us via PRIVATE response your full name, the policy #, your phone #, and the best time to contact you. We'll have a representative contact you and resolve this issue to your satisfaction. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Take a Life Insurance Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Globe Life Insurance Company Information