2.22/5
  • 1 star
Based on 32 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 3, 2017

32 Globe Life Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

My mother had a policy on me and when she passed I took over ownership by sending a copy of her death certificate, as well as changed the beneficiary to my wife. In 3 years they didn't change ownership, my new contact information, or email, nor did I receive a new copy of my policy. This last February I went to pay my annual payment, like they have received it in the past and they said my account was suspended. I told the wife, "Enough is enough" and called next day to cash out. They said they needed my mother's death certificate to verify she was gone and ownership was mine. I told them we did that 3 years prior, but I would resend it.

I called to verify they received it, which they had, so I cashed out. Their service rep said I was owed $1300.00 and should get it in 10-15 days. She also told me to stay after them because they didn't like to pay. I never received my check, so I called and was told if I sent them a check for $89 they would send me a check for $99. It’s November now and still no check. In 3 years they couldn't do simple paperwork, but they didn't have problems taking my annual payments.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

My husband had a policy with Globe Life. 3 weeks ago he was diagnosed with cancer and passed away within 7 days. When I contacted Globe Life they told me that his death needed to have been an accident.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

MY child's mother & my ex fiancee passed away unexpectedly of heart attack, never any history of heart problems, but in short eventually Globe Life denied the 2 claims I was beneficiary of for care of our child etc. The 2 policies were just over a year old so anything less than 2 they will challenge or "look into" automatically. So 1 policy was for 50k & the other 100, which is important to note, & the reason they said for the denials was they said she had not answered correctly on those 2 apps (basically said she had lied) because in short she had been in the hospital about 5 months prior to filling these out and was there like 2 months. And so they said she had answered no on all app questions so the questions about if in last 3 yrs have you been hospitalized or treat for any chronic diseases or illnesses.

So to check no would be wrong they said, & so I guess to prove to me as beneficiary that she had checked no on all the boxes for both apps, they sent me the supposed copies of her 2 apps... & thank the good Lord they did because without those copies it would be a my word vs. Theirs and as beneficiary I'd have something to gain they could say because apparently they just assumed she filled them out on her own like probably most do but not this person because she was never good with those things & always asked for my help mostly like with the apps, basically she spoke & I wrote. She then signed. And so I know without any question that she did mark yes because it was just 5 months earlier she was there and we both assumed they check all these things prior to approval as they pretty much say they do on the apps.

They said if she had checked yes they wouldn't have approved her too in their denial letter which also contradict their statements, but anyways as I said My kid & I would be screwed if not for them sending copies to prove because she checked yes & even gave a brief rundown in her own simple words as to the nature of her hospital visit as she believed it to be. She had no "chronic" illnesses treated then anyways and there's no medical proof she ever had any serious problems regardless. But the copies you ask, well they are altered, doctored, made up or however you chose to say it and it's blatantly obvious because whoever did it did not pay attention to details, again probably assuming I was not with her during apps & would see their so called proof & say, "Wow. They're right." Oh well but I automatically knew they were wrong & you need not look too hard to see they don't match up side to side.

Things are in different locations in side by side comparison and you can see lines that shouldn't be there or that are etc. But here's the final tally. ... both apps have all the amount boxes at top right as to the amount you are requesting: 5000, 10, 20, etc. up to 200 and both apps are clearly checked for the 100 amount!!! Remember the actual policy amounts I shared earlier. Yes 1 was for 50 & the other a 100 so no matter what excuse they can try to put to why everything else looks Weird on app, there's no possible defense in how the policy amounts are wrong! Funny thing too is the first app was with the 1st month is a dollar promo that they send all time and they ONLY GOT 50K and when paying a premium at some time I had inquired as to how one can apply for a higher policy amount and so they send that app that goes up to 100. That's what's really going on behind the scenes over there.

Gave them a letter with option to rectify things with me rather than me getting a lawyer because they'll be paying way more once he's involve, that and there's no argument to be had by them with the proof/ being supplied by them clear as a sunny day. But as dumb as they were to think they could get away with it strangely enough they're even dumber to have ignored me totally and my generous offer to negotiate things personally to save them money and embarrassment in a quiet way despite them trying to steal from my family. Therefore the hammer shall fall in every way I can think of to share this sad fact of their fine company!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

My parents paid on policy for almost all my life and I'm 41 years old. After mom passed dad wasn't doing as well emotionally as he portrayed so things didn't get handled like this company getting ownership changed to his name but kept taking payments. Mail got misplaced. When I discovered what really was going on I contacted Globe Life and after speaking with several people was reassured the situation was rectified when it wasn't.

Diabetes had caused dementia. So now they're telling when there's nothing they can do for me when in fact they wasn't even supposed to talk to me because my name wasn't on that policy and I think that's one of their restrictions. I don't think it's right they can just not pay the money my mom and dad work their asses off to pay them all their life when the money was in the bank to pay them and they never did get the ownership switched to daddy's name and reevaluated the price of the monthly bill but they still kept taking the money. I quit my job 2 months before my dad died to take care of him and I just got left out to dry. Last family member left. Sincerely please help.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I made a request for a Life Insurance Quote with this company. I now have purchased Life Insurance with another company. I spoke with several Customer Service Reps at Globe, letting them know I am no longer interested in purchasing Life Insurance. This company has continued to send me applications (more than one) on a daily basis, emails also. This company starts their Term Life Insurance Policies at a low cost to consumers. The cost of the policy will go up every 5 years. By the time you are 75-80 you will be paying $180-$200.00. Most senior cannot afford to pay this amount, so they cancel their policy after paying globe, a low starting price of $35-$40 for 5 maybe 10 years. BEWARE. READ THE SMALL PRINT AND ASK QUESTIONS. Before you sign up with this awful company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Globe Life Insurance?

Original review: July 25, 2017

I bought my wife's life insurance policy in 2013. Sadly she got very ill in 2014 and passed away 7/1/17. The company paid the claim in 15 business days. I read the complaints and can't help but think that maybe people think they can get insurance after they discover they or their family member have a terminal illness. It just can't work that way.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I wanted to cancel! I tried to call for 3 days with no answer. I finally smashed button for a quote and got an answer immediately. She helped me get to the person I needed. I paid it for a year so I should get half the cash back BUT YOU DO NOT GET THAT BACK!!! Please be aware of this. If you cancel you should get the months of payment you don't use back. They are wrong for this. There is no other way to put it. So I will never use them and I should have read their reviews so I take responsibility for my mistake???

Original review: May 23, 2017

Globe Life is a scam. I took out a policy on both my parents. I answered six questions that were answered no. I get a denial letter in the mail with the same questions. One of the questions was checked yes. Which was incorrect. They told me I have to send a letter to their underwriting department, which will take 30 days for them to reply back to me. I already made the first month payment with my card. I told them I want my money back. I'm still waiting for my money back.

Original review: April 26, 2017

We paid $60/year for $20,000 of guaranteed term life insurance on my son since he was a baby. The premium was supposedly guaranteed for life. Suddenly this year at age 26 the policy "automatically " converts to a whole life policy for $300/year. What a crock! Do not fall for this company's false advertising about guaranteed premiums for life.

Original review: April 15, 2017

My Mother's burial has not been paid. My passed away November 17th, 2016 and this insurance company has not keep its word to pay the deceased policy. I have turn in all the necessary documents they said that they required in order for them to take care of it. At this point I have not heard anything from you. This bill has went against my credit and I would like to get this resolve as soon as possible.

Original review: April 3, 2017

When we found out my mother had Alzheimer's, we were unaware she hadn't paid her life insurance for 3 months, but paid since 2011. They declined payment. Now we are emptying all our credit cards scrambling to pay to bury my mother. We should of received notification the payments lapsed!!! Horrible company. Please spread the word. Don't they have a beneficiary or next of kin or any other number to let SOMEONE know?? Thieves, they hope this happens and steal millions from the grieving. I didn't want to give them a one but you can't submit with a -0.

Original review: March 30, 2017

I applied for Life Insurance for only a $5000.00 policy, which isn't much. On the app with the health questionnaire it says, "A 'yes' response does not automatically make you ineligible for coverage." I received a letter from Globe Life Insurance with a denial and the reason was, "based entirely on the health information you provided to us." Out of 6 questions I had answered yes to COPD and that was my only yes answer. So they do indeed base their decision entirely on saying yes to any of the questions. Misleading and untrue.

Original review: March 27, 2017

My father in law passed away Nov 29, 2017. He had the insurance policy and I was his beneficiary because we had a close relationship for about 11 years before he was murdered. I've sent out all required information for the company in Dec - Jan to be able to investigate the policy but I haven't heard anything back from anything from anyone at Globe Life except that they're still gathering his medical records which he didn't have much of at the time because he rarely went to the doctors. I need to know how much longer will I have to wait to find out if they're going to pay out the policy.

Original review: March 26, 2017

I've been plagued with mail from them. I have no children. I have written to them many times to remove me from their mail list. They keep filling my mailbox; so now I am going to poop in their return envelopes and mail them back. Maybe they will get the hint!!!

Original review: March 17, 2017

My mother had Alzheimer's. The health questionnaire did not ask if Alzheimer's was a determining factor. Mom passed within 2 year. The disease accelerated in the last year. Globe Life denied the $10,000 claim. The amount wasn't enough. They raise rate every "anniversary date". I hope your company burns in hell.

Original review: March 13, 2017

My mother has been paying on a policy for 12 years only to have it 'lapse'. She was informed by the 'nice' gentleman representing the company that she was buying a policy that would help with her burial expenses when she eventually died. She makes a payment once a year and after not receiving her yearly bill, she called the company only to be told that her policy had lapsed as she had turned 80! She was confused and angry because that is not the policy she bought as explained by the 'nice' gentleman. Granted she probably didn't read the legalese in the small printed policy, but the 'nice' man had explained it all to her. So, absolutely no return on the money paid over 12 years. Not only that, but she didn't even get a letter with the last bill explaining that this was the last payment according to her policy. Intentional I'm sure. This company is scamming the elderly and not in the least bit apologetic. What a world we live in.

Original review: March 9, 2017

This company preys on elderly citizens. They pay all these premiums and never realize they were mislead to whom was being insured and whom the beneficiary is. Legal thievery. They should be ashamed!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

My mother has been paying a policy for 11 years. It expired on her birthday and there is nothing she can do to renew it. She has paid thousands into this joke of a company and because she lived too long she is out her money. Read your policies carefully. This is an awful company and I would never trust them. She thought she was providing security for her family and instead they just ripped her off. Globe Life should be ashamed of themselves. I will make sure everyone I can reach knows how horrible they are.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I've been with Globe Term Life Insurance Company for quite a few years and I'm grateful for the wonderful service I've been receiving thus far, they allow me a Grace period to pay in case for some reason I can not pay my premium on time and that gives me a Great Sense of Peace in my Heart and Peace of Mind. Thank You Very Much. In fact, I have been asked to enroll in all different Life Insurance companies and honestly, I'm just not going to abandon the one Insurance company that took me on as a client when no other insurance company would, but since I've been with Globe Term Life Insurance, I've been getting emails with cheaper premiums and I'm sorry but I'm just not buying it from anyone else.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

This is the most unprofessional insurance company I have ever dealt with. Globe Life sent to me a "pre-approved' application for life insurance. $10,000.00 term life for $17.00 per month, no medical exam needed. I am 59 years old and this appeared to be a fair price. I had been shopping around with other companies. Well, the phone calls started... every day someone from Globe Life would call me and ask particular questions. Problem is, a different person would call and ask the same questions. After several calls, I ask if the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing at that company. I then informed them I am not interested in doing business with them.

In a couple days I received a letter with congratulations that I am now insured for $5,000.00 Whole life at $29.00 per month... instead of the $10,000.00 term life for $17.00 per month. I have been trying for 2 months to cancel the policy and am not having much luck. Again, the people who answer the phone and email do not know what they are doing... very unprofessional company and I would not give them any stars if it was possible. Please consider any other company but this one.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2016

My mom was interested in purchasing my son life insurance and they turned him away. They don't do physical examinations, but because my son was born a month early. They shooed him away and would not give him full coverage. My doctor said he came out at the right time. OBGYNs do not know when babies will be due. But I'm HIGHLY UPSET because my son cannot get life insurance, but my daughter can have it.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2016

I signed up because the life insurance at my job was ending. I responded to one of their ads via post mail. They were pretty competitive in their pricing for the plan. My grandparents had died a few months before I got the policy. One grandparent didn't have any life insurance but most of her bills were paid. The other grandparents had it and it made things very easy as everything got paid. I knew it was important to get insurance. Globe Life is a well known company. Unfortunately, since I did everything through the mail (and also online), I didn't really have any personal interaction with their employees. I have never had to call with an issue nor have had to call to cancel the policy.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2016

I have the insurance that I was looking for. I feel the price is low and very affordable. I also purchased accidental death at a very low price. The only problem I did have with this company was when I first purchased it, they took a payment out of my account for approximately two months then all of a sudden, my insurance was cancelled because they said I didn't make payment. When talking to the person on phone, she could not explain how this could have happened. I had to send in another payment to get my insurance reinstated.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2016

Globe does not require a physical examination. You just answer a few question and you are done. You only pay one dollar for the application fee and before your policy is processed a representative will call to verify all the information you send. You choose your premium, you chose the amount you wish to pay and you are done. It's quick, simple and easy. You can also have coverage placed on other members of your family, however the earlier you sign up the lower your monthly payments will be... Simple.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2016

The rates were affordable for me. This company does send a lot of mail other than the premium statement though. Luckily, I have not had to use this yet. I also like the fact that this company is right here in my home state.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2015

I haven't used it because I haven't had to. But I can tell you that it is a reasonable rate per month and I have had it for more than 15 years. And I have had no problem being a member.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2015

Well Globe is a great life insurance company, if you fall behind on your premium they will help you so your policy don't collapse and all you do is call customer service and let them know that you are having trouble making your premiums.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2015

Cost for coverage is based on your age at time of enrollment. Premiums do not go up unless you choose to raise your coverage. Premium payments can be made monthly if you choose. I pay every 3 months. I am reminded when they send me a payment coupon.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2015

My life insurance needs are quite simple. I actually believe a person only needs enough insurance to pay for their burial expenses. Term life insurance is the perfect fit for me. It is low cost and I can purchase the amount I feel I need. By today's standards and income levels, most employed individuals can afford this type of insurance.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2015

I have a basic or standard plan because I don't have kids or a significant other so it will only cover the cost of burial of death expenses should I die.

Globe Life Insurance expert review by Neal Frankle

Globe Life Insurance is among the most prominent and reputable life insurance writers in the United States. Founded in Oklahoma in 1951, the company provides life and accident insurance to individuals. They offer a variety of plans that tailor to individual needs, and make the buying experience easy with no sales agents involved. They have more than $69 billion of insurance in force and are committed to providing secure life insurance protection to their policyholders.

• Convenient service: Globe Life Insurance offers online quotes, service through the mail and the option to contact them via phone.

• Online access: Customers can access their Globe Life Insurance account information online for easy account management.

• Accidental death protection: Globe Life Insurance offers accidental death protection so that the family of the deceased is covered in the event of an accidental death.

• Adult and child life insurance: They offer life insurance coverage both for children and adults to ensure that families receive the assistance they need.

• Medicare supplemental coverage: Globe Life Insurance provides supplemental coverage for Medicare holders to cover costs that Medicare doesn't.

Profile picture of Neal Frankle
Neal Frankle

Life Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.

Globe Life Insurance Company Information