3.5/5 (495 ratings)

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

About Globe Life Insurance

Globe Life offers life insurance products for adults and children with coverage amounts up to $50,000. The simple application process requires no medical exam or waiting period, and rates start as low as $3.49 per month for adults. The company charges only $1 for your first month, and it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

Pros

• No medical exam
    • 30-day money-back guarantee
    • Whole life policy for kids
    • $1 for first month

Cons

• Limited death benefits
    • Limited riders

Bottom Line

Globe Life Insurance is ideal for families and individuals. Customer reviews highlight the easy application process and affordable payments. It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, but it has limited death benefits.

Top Globe Life Insurance Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I called about my payment card. I had to have my bank to turn it off and go get another one. He told me that it was no problem and since my payment was already in process that we ...

Verified

Denise was very pleasant and helpful, I had questions that I’m sure she has been asked 100 times. Denise took her time to explain and was patient throughout the whole process. ......

What is Globe Life Insurance?

Globe Life sells life insurance with coverage up to $50,000 for adults and $30,000 for children. The Globe Life application process is simple, and the company does not require a medical exam. Globe Life offers online bill payment and a mobile app for easy access to your policy. The company also gives free quotes with minimal personal information.

Globe Life Insurance application process

To apply for Globe Life insurance, use the quote tool and choose any level of coverage (up to the maximum). The quote requires information such as your age, location, beneficiaries and medical history. Globe Life provides a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you change your mind. For more information or help with the application process, call a Globe Life customer service agent.

Globe Life Insurance policies and coverage

Globe Life has life insurance policies for adults and children. Policies for adults are available for those up to 75 at the time of sign-up; policies for children are available for those 25 or younger, though age restrictions for whole insurance policies for children may differ by state. Its children's life insurance can pay up to $30,000 in benefits. Globe Life’s life insurance for adults provides coverage amounts ranging from $5,000 to $50,000, and there’s no waiting period.

Globe Life Insurance rates

Healthy adults might pay as little as $3.49 per month for life insurance with Globe Life, though rates are likely to be higher depending on the coverage amount you select, as well as your age, income, location and health history. Families can pay as little as $2.17 per month for life insurance for children, though you might expect to pay between $5 to $14 per month for this type of coverage.

Globe Life does not require medical exams, but customers should answer honestly about their medical history when applying. During the application process, make sure to disclose any preexisting medical condition; otherwise, the company might not pay the death benefit.

Globe Life Insurance claims process

For Globe Life policyholders, the claims process differs depending on the policy underwriter. Visit the Globe Life website to begin a claim. Life insurance policies that aren’t yet two years old are considered “contestable,” with claims subject to review. Policies more than two years old are “incontestable” and will be paid upon receipt and examination of required documents.

Globe Life Insurance FAQ

Does Globe Life have a waiting period?
    No. Globe Life Insurance allows customers to buy any life insurance product and receive coverage immediately.
    Does Globe Life offer senior life insurance?
    Yes, senior life insurance is available for customers looking to cover final expenses associated with funeral costs, hospice care and other outstanding debts. This coverage option is ideal for older individuals who may not need extensive coverage.
    What can I do with the Globe Life app?
    Customers can complete the following tasks within the Globe Life app:
    • Pay a monthly bill
    • Set up payments for one-time expenses
    • Access and edit personal information
    • Monitor coverage
    • Review coverage and plan options
    • Interact with Globe Life on social media

Is Globe Life Insurance good?

Globe Life is a great option for families and individuals looking for affordable life insurance policies. The company covers children up to age 25 and adults up to age 75 (at the time of sign-up). With its low costs, 30-day money-back guarantee and no medical exam requirement, Globe Life gets our recommendation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Globe Life Insurance?

Original review: March 27, 2022

I bought life insurance for my family. Little did I know my husband would die unexpectedly so soon. It was during the contestability period of my life insurance. I knew I had been honest when taking out our policies however it took Globe 5months to research and pay out his claim. Although I did a lot of the legwork for them because when I would call to inquire they would state they were having a hard time getting certain medical records, I would call the company and the doctor would give a different story. Final point is after the review was done, Globe did payout his policy. His funeral was paid for and they sent me the check for the remaining funds. They also paid interest on the money since it had taken so long. So as long as your completely honest when filling out your application for insurance you should never have any issues. Although the process was long. I still thank Globe for being a day 1 coverage as their claims state.

Globe Life Insurance response

Crystal, we hope and pray that you and your family are doing well since the loss of your husband. We appreciate you and the trust you’ve placed in Globe Life and we're honored that we were able to be there for you and your family when you needed us the most. We thank you for choosing Globe Life for this important coverage.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

My grandkids parents have passed away, so any affairs are handled by us their grandparents, and Globe Life DID handle this need immediately! There is 5 children, now I have a life policy on all, 11 years to 25. This took a lot off us knowing now they are covered for the rest of their lives and it was a fast process to go thru with globe life. I do recommend them, truly!

Globe Life Insurance response

Peggy, we hope and pray that you and your family are doing well since the loss of your loved ones. We appreciate you and the trust you’ve placed in Globe Life for the financial protection of your grandchildren and we're honored that we were able to be there for you and your family when you needed us the most. We look forward to serving you for many years to come and we thank you for choosing Globe Life!

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

They helped me out in making sure my loved one was taken care of in our time of sorrow, I was very worried that we wouldn't be able to lay her to rest respectfully but Globe Life made sure we did not have to stress about anything.

Globe Life Insurance response

Cecily, we send our sincere condolences to you and your family on the passing of your loved one. We pray for you and your family during this difficult time. We appreciate you and the trust you placed in Globe Life and we're honored that we were able to be there for you and your family when you needed us the most. Thank you for choosing Globe Life and God bless you and your family.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Globe Life Insurance has a wonderful plan for grandparents to give for their grandkids. Representative was very pleasant. Answered all questions in a timely manner. She was a pleasure to speak to and work with.

Globe Life Insurance response

Esther, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with Globe Life. We’re happy our representative was pleasant and able to answer all your questions and provide you with the great service and coverage for your grandkids that you expect and deserve. We appreciate you reaching out to us and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Original review: July 16, 2021

Person on photo very pleasant, knowledgeable, and especially kind on the phone. The phone call went as expected very knowledgeable and experienced on the product, I would recommend any family and or friends to GlobeLife insurance.

Globe Life Insurance response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Roseanne! We're glad our representative was knowledgeable, pleasant, and kind while providing you with the excellent service you expect and deserve. We look forward to serving you in the future and we appreciate you choosing Globe Life!

Original review: June 20, 2022

Had to change some grand child policy. Emmanuel ** was not able To enter data in online account. Also wanted to increase life insurance by $5000. Agent was able to help me to get policy on online account and to increase life insurance by additional $5000!

Globe Life Insurance response

Hector, that’s what we’re here for! We’re happy to know we’re providing the best service possible! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we’re doing.

Original review: June 9, 2022

Get mail constantly to upgrade coverage. The most annoying are for adding children. I don't have children. After deciding to upgrade, which referred to website to apply, got a email to contact Globe Life about application. Went through the whole thing about my contacting Globe Life to talk to the proper agent. After being asked questions twice since several agents involved now. Was assured of my upgrade. Get letter from Globe Life about how my request was denied. Wish I hadn't got Globe Life insurance!

Globe Life Insurance response

John, we're very sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation with the unwanted policy upgrade requests and the inefficiency of our service. If you could please send us via PRIVATE response your full name, policy #, phone #, and the best time to contact you. We'll have a representative contact you and resolve this issue to your satisfaction. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Original review: June 8, 2022

Quick, easy. Individual was personable and caring. Knowledgeable on the information I was seeking and provided me with the precise documents I requested. She was also cautious about my identity information. I believe all the necessary questions were asked of me.

Globe Life Insurance response

Josephine, thank you for reaching out to Globe Life! We’re glad we delivered the excellent service you deserve and expect. We sincerely appreciate you choosing Globe Life.

Original review: June 2, 2022

I've been paying life insurance with them for over a decade, I started at 22 and I'm now 34. They lapse my account and kept lying for over 6 months that they sent me a document to fix the issue and I've called countless times and never received that document. All my hard working money I paid, went down the drain.

Globe Life Insurance response

We're very sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation with your policy. If you could please send us via PRIVATE response your full name, your policy #, your phone #, and the best time to contact you. We'll have a representative contact you and hopefully resolve this issue to your satisfaction. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Original review: May 24, 2022

Waiting 20 minutes to speak with a live agent, once on the phone she put me on hold to find out some information that I felt she should have known since she works there. After 3 minutes she hung, had to call back and wait another 20 minutes. Still didn't get what I needed done! Please train your workers.

Globe Life Insurance response

LaNesia, please accept our sincere apology for this inefficient issue. The situation you described is unacceptable and not indicative of the way we do business. If this issue is still unresolved please send us via PRIVATE response your full name, policy #, phone #, and the best time to contact you. We’ll have a supervisor reach out to you for a resolution. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Take a Life Insurance Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Globe Life Insurance Company Information