Globe Life Insurance

Compare Life Insurance

Research top Life Insurance recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I wanted to cancel! I tried to call for 3 days with no answer. I finally smashed button for a quote and got an answer immediately. She helped me get to the person I needed. I paid it for a year so I should get half the cash back BUT YOU DO NOT GET THAT BACK!!! Please be aware of this. If you cancel you should get the months of payment you don't use back. They are wrong for this. There is no other way to put it. So I will never use them and I should have read their reviews so I take responsibility for my mistake???

Globe Life is a scam. I took out a policy on both my parents. I answered six questions that were answered no. I get a denial letter in the mail with the same questions. One of the questions was checked yes. Which was incorrect. They told me I have to send a letter to their underwriting department, which will take 30 days for them to reply back to me. I already made the first month payment with my card. I told them I want my money back. I'm still waiting for my money back.

We paid $60/year for $20,000 of guaranteed term life insurance on my son since he was a baby. The premium was supposedly guaranteed for life. Suddenly this year at age 26 the policy "automatically " converts to a whole life policy for $300/year. What a crock! Do not fall for this company's false advertising about guaranteed premiums for life.

My Mother's burial has not been paid. My passed away November 17th, 2016 and this insurance company has not keep its word to pay the deceased policy. I have turn in all the necessary documents they said that they required in order for them to take care of it. At this point I have not heard anything from you. This bill has went against my credit and I would like to get this resolve as soon as possible.

When we found out my mother had Alzheimer's, we were unaware she hadn't paid her life insurance for 3 months, but paid since 2011. They declined payment. Now we are emptying all our credit cards scrambling to pay to bury my mother. We should of received notification the payments lapsed!!! Horrible company. Please spread the word. Don't they have a beneficiary or next of kin or any other number to let SOMEONE know?? Thieves, they hope this happens and steal millions from the grieving. I didn't want to give them a one but you can't submit with a -0.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Globe Life Insurance?

I applied for Life Insurance for only a $5000.00 policy, which isn't much. On the app with the health questionnaire it says, "A 'yes' response does not automatically make you ineligible for coverage." I received a letter from Globe Life Insurance with a denial and the reason was, "based entirely on the health information you provided to us." Out of 6 questions I had answered yes to COPD and that was my only yes answer. So they do indeed base their decision entirely on saying yes to any of the questions. Misleading and untrue.

My father in law passed away Nov 29, 2017. He had the insurance policy and I was his beneficiary because we had a close relationship for about 11 years before he was murdered. I've sent out all required information for the company in Dec - Jan to be able to investigate the policy but I haven't heard anything back from anything from anyone at Globe Life except that they're still gathering his medical records which he didn't have much of at the time because he rarely went to the doctors. I need to know how much longer will I have to wait to find out if they're going to pay out the policy.

I've been plagued with mail from them. I have no children. I have written to them many times to remove me from their mail list. They keep filling my mailbox; so now I am going to poop in their return envelopes and mail them back. Maybe they will get the hint!!!

My mother had Alzheimer's. The health questionnaire did not ask if Alzheimer's was a determining factor. Mom passed within 2 year. The disease accelerated in the last year. Globe Life denied the $10,000 claim. The amount wasn't enough. They raise rate every "anniversary date". I hope your company burns in hell.

My mother has been paying on a policy for 12 years only to have it 'lapse'. She was informed by the 'nice' gentleman representing the company that she was buying a policy that would help with her burial expenses when she eventually died. She makes a payment once a year and after not receiving her yearly bill, she called the company only to be told that her policy had lapsed as she had turned 80! She was confused and angry because that is not the policy she bought as explained by the 'nice' gentleman. Granted she probably didn't read the legalese in the small printed policy, but the 'nice' man had explained it all to her. So, absolutely no return on the money paid over 12 years. Not only that, but she didn't even get a letter with the last bill explaining that this was the last payment according to her policy. Intentional I'm sure. This company is scamming the elderly and not in the least bit apologetic. What a world we live in.

This company preys on elderly citizens. They pay all these premiums and never realize they were mislead to whom was being insured and whom the beneficiary is. Legal thievery. They should be ashamed!

My mother has been paying a policy for 11 years. It expired on her birthday and there is nothing she can do to renew it. She has paid thousands into this joke of a company and because she lived too long she is out her money. Read your policies carefully. This is an awful company and I would never trust them. She thought she was providing security for her family and instead they just ripped her off. Globe Life should be ashamed of themselves. I will make sure everyone I can reach knows how horrible they are.

I've been with Globe Term Life Insurance Company for quite a few years and I'm grateful for the wonderful service I've been receiving thus far, they allow me a Grace period to pay in case for some reason I can not pay my premium on time and that gives me a Great Sense of Peace in my Heart and Peace of Mind. Thank You Very Much. In fact, I have been asked to enroll in all different Life Insurance companies and honestly, I'm just not going to abandon the one Insurance company that took me on as a client when no other insurance company would, but since I've been with Globe Term Life Insurance, I've been getting emails with cheaper premiums and I'm sorry but I'm just not buying it from anyone else.

This is the most unprofessional insurance company I have ever dealt with. Globe Life sent to me a "pre-approved' application for life insurance. $10,000.00 term life for $17.00 per month, no medical exam needed. I am 59 years old and this appeared to be a fair price. I had been shopping around with other companies. Well, the phone calls started... every day someone from Globe Life would call me and ask particular questions. Problem is, a different person would call and ask the same questions. After several calls, I ask if the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing at that company. I then informed them I am not interested in doing business with them.

In a couple days I received a letter with congratulations that I am now insured for $5,000.00 Whole life at $29.00 per month... instead of the $10,000.00 term life for $17.00 per month. I have been trying for 2 months to cancel the policy and am not having much luck. Again, the people who answer the phone and email do not know what they are doing... very unprofessional company and I would not give them any stars if it was possible. Please consider any other company but this one.

My mom was interested in purchasing my son life insurance and they turned him away. They don't do physical examinations, but because my son was born a month early. They shooed him away and would not give him full coverage. My doctor said he came out at the right time. OBGYNs do not know when babies will be due. But I'm HIGHLY UPSET because my son cannot get life insurance, but my daughter can have it.

I signed up because the life insurance at my job was ending. I responded to one of their ads via post mail. They were pretty competitive in their pricing for the plan. My grandparents had died a few months before I got the policy. One grandparent didn't have any life insurance but most of her bills were paid. The other grandparents had it and it made things very easy as everything got paid. I knew it was important to get insurance. Globe Life is a well known company. Unfortunately, since I did everything through the mail (and also online), I didn't really have any personal interaction with their employees. I have never had to call with an issue nor have had to call to cancel the policy.

I have the insurance that I was looking for. I feel the price is low and very affordable. I also purchased accidental death at a very low price. The only problem I did have with this company was when I first purchased it, they took a payment out of my account for approximately two months then all of a sudden, my insurance was cancelled because they said I didn't make payment. When talking to the person on phone, she could not explain how this could have happened. I had to send in another payment to get my insurance reinstated.

Globe does not require a physical examination. You just answer a few question and you are done. You only pay one dollar for the application fee and before your policy is processed a representative will call to verify all the information you send. You choose your premium, you chose the amount you wish to pay and you are done. It's quick, simple and easy. You can also have coverage placed on other members of your family, however the earlier you sign up the lower your monthly payments will be... Simple.

The rates were affordable for me. This company does send a lot of mail other than the premium statement though. Luckily, I have not had to use this yet. I also like the fact that this company is right here in my home state.

I haven't used it because I haven't had to. But I can tell you that it is a reasonable rate per month and I have had it for more than 15 years. And I have had no problem being a member.

Well Globe is a great life insurance company, if you fall behind on your premium they will help you so your policy don't collapse and all you do is call customer service and let them know that you are having trouble making your premiums.

Cost for coverage is based on your age at time of enrollment. Premiums do not go up unless you choose to raise your coverage. Premium payments can be made monthly if you choose. I pay every 3 months. I am reminded when they send me a payment coupon.

My life insurance needs are quite simple. I actually believe a person only needs enough insurance to pay for their burial expenses. Term life insurance is the perfect fit for me. It is low cost and I can purchase the amount I feel I need. By today's standards and income levels, most employed individuals can afford this type of insurance.

I have a basic or standard plan because I don't have kids or a significant other so it will only cover the cost of burial of death expenses should I die.

I've had Globe for over 10 years and I am satisfied that it is a good company. Sometimes I have to pay later than the due date and they are very cooperative. The monthly bill is affordable and I can increase or decrease coverage if I choose.

I have never had a bad experience. Me and my daughter both have insurance with Globe Life. Always easy and fast to contact a customer service representative.

Expert Review

Neal FrankleLife Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.    More about Neal→

Globe Life Insurance is among the most prominent and reputable life insurance writers in the United States. Founded in Oklahoma in 1951, the company provides life and accident insurance to individuals. They offer a variety of plans that tailor to individual needs, and make the buying experience easy with no sales agents involved. They have more than $69 billion of insurance in force and are committed to providing secure life insurance protection to their policyholders.

• Convenient service: Globe Life Insurance offers online quotes, service through the mail and the option to contact them via phone.
  • Online access: Customers can access their Globe Life Insurance account information online for easy account management.
  • Accidental death protection: Globe Life Insurance offers accidental death protection so that the family of the deceased is covered in the event of an accidental death.
  • Adult and child life insurance: They offer life insurance coverage both for children and adults to ensure that families receive the assistance they need.
  • Medicare supplemental coverage: Globe Life Insurance provides supplemental coverage for Medicare holders to cover costs that Medicare doesn't.

Compare Life Insurance Companies