2.35/5

Looking for a life insurance company?

95 Globe Life Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 22, 2019

Nicest people I've talked to about life insurance that made feel good!!! ☺ They are just like any other people in the world today and understand what your needs are. This isn't something to put off for too long. At my age I was able to lock in the price... Excellent y'all!

Original review: March 21, 2019

Every time I have contacted Globe Life Insurance regarding my life insurance policy I have received great, prompt service. They are always willing to answer any question I have and/or send me information I need. The staff members I have communicated with have been very friendly and helpful.

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2019

This company delivers consistent horrible customer service!! The representatives are rude, unprofessional and lack knowledge needed to perform in their role! There’s no option to cancel your policy online so you are forced to call. This company is a joke!

Original review: March 19, 2019

Due to changes my wife's health I was required to make changes to the beneficiaries on 2 policies that I have. In Feb. I went on internet to make changes, it was simple. Made the changes and a day or 2 later I realized that the change I made to one policy was incorrect and went back on internet to change and found out that I had to wait 30 days to make the change (understandable for my protection). In March I was able to make the change. Piece of cake. On or about 10th of March received a letter in mail reflecting the changes I made in Feb. so I called customer service on phone to verify that changes I made in March did take effect, and the representative did check and assured that changes made in March were in effect. She was extremely courteous and understood my concern. This is great customer service.

Original review: March 17, 2019

The marketing material for Globe Life makes it appear easy to get insurance for a great price. The application process is seamless, and gives you the impression that the price quoted will be locked in for the entire term. You also are agreeing to have payments drafted directly from your account IF your application is approved. The problem is, when your application does get approved, you find out that the price quoted is only for 5 years and that the price will increase substantially each 5 year period until the complete term is up. If you decide not to keep the policy after finding this out, good luck with trying to cancel. There is no information on how to cancel the policy when you get the acceptance information.

There is no option to cancel on the website after you set up online access, and there is also no option to cancel in the list of options when you call in. I called and spoke to a representative under the "change policy" option (after a wait time of roughly 24 minutes), and she said that the policy was going to be canceled, but that I would have to wait 10 business days to get a verification via mail. In the meantime, a payment was scheduled to draft, so I would have no way to be sure that a payment wouldn't be drafted from my account. In summary, the initial pricing will reel you in, but when you get the policy and the price changes, you will have little help canceling the policy. I would not recommend this insurance company, and warn those older, technologically challenged people that they should steer clear. Otherwise, their account will be subject to payments they did not agree to.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Globe Life Insurance?

Original review: March 16, 2019

Very nice customer service. I have been with Globe Life Insurance almost 9 years. I love the company and all they do for me. My policy is explainable. Well worth my money. My kids and I are on a policy and it's in my budget.

Original review: March 16, 2019

The people who helped me pick out my policies not only were they very informative but they were also very concerned and very nice and they help me find the best policy to fit in a financial situation. And I am very very very pleased and I would highly recommend.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I was so pleased with the help I received over the phone. A very knowledgable person and took a huge amount of time with me to answer my questions. She gave me all the options and prices. What I personally liked the most was I didn't feel pressured to buy anything. Just a great experience with the Globe Life representative.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Globe Life is very affordable and easy to apply for. I've had a pleasant experience with Globe Life. Each time I spoke with someone on the phone, They were very polite and knowledgeable. I needed to make payments on my policy. And they were able to take care of it without a problem.

Original review: March 6, 2019

When I missed 2 payments, Globe Life Agent called me and asked if there was anything they could do to help me. When I explained my financial situation they quickly helped me resolve the monthly payments and therefore I got back on track with my policy that I have had for the past 6 years. They even waived 2 payments and I was still in good standing with the company!! I will always recommend Globe Life Insurance to any and all friends and neighbors. THANKS GLOBE LIFE INSURANCE!!!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

My mother had medical supplemental insurance. All in all it worked fine for many years. I called to inform them she passed, but they took their monthly payment a week later anyway. This was December 26, 2019. It is now February 28 and they keep saying the reimbursement check is in the mail. Oh sure it is...

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I had Global Life for over 10 years. Payment was always made. I ran in some difficulty for a couple of months and they dropped me. I called and they wouldn't work with me. I wasted 10 years for nothing. Now I have no life insurance. I am disabled. I cant afford the prices now. Living on a fixed income. Maybe something will happen and they will understand how a person feels.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

My call was handled in a very professional manner and very quickly. The customer service representative was speaking clearly and explained everything completely. I have dealt with Globe for many years with insurance on my grandchildren and have never had a bad experience. The cost for the amount of coverage is low and can be handled by people who are on a fixed income.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

My son died four and a half months ago in an automobile accident. He was a back seat passenger in a truck that hit a tree. Not natural causes. Not a drug overdose. However, the policy was right under two years old. I am still waiting for them to pay out to the funeral home (if they ever do). First it was they needed 2 years of medical records to verify that he had no pre-existing conditions. Then it was 5 years. I am going through the worse thing a parent can imagine and they are trying to get out of paying for his funeral.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I would strongly recommend people reconsider doing business with this life insurance company. My father was the beneficiary on a child's life insurance policy and when he died, I tried for a year to get them to change the beneficiary. They refused, claiming each time they didn't have the right paperwork that I twice sent by email and once by postal mail. Then they started calling for overdue premium payments. By then I had decided to just let the policy lapse since the beneficiary was deceased and I wasn't getting any resolution. The mailings and calls did not stop until a mentally ill sibling one day answered the phone and believed bad things would happen if the premium wasn't paid. The results of that call were disastrous for our family (The agent on the phone wouldn't have known my sister was suicidal, but they would know she was not involved in the policy in any manner).

It's been a year and the issue isn't resolved. Each time I email or call, I get the same canned response. My case may be an exception, but given the company routinely deals with people in very difficult situations, I would have expected much better customer service. And, given they are in a heavily regulated industry, I am shocked at their poor data retention/security practices. I rarely write reviews because everyone's situation differs, but I hope to prevent someone else undergoing hardship from having to go through what my family has as a direct result of Globe Insurance's business practices.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

The company called to ask some questions and I was not at home so there was something I needed to be home for. They were pleasant and called me at a comfortable time. I was able to give them the info they needed. It was okay.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

They offered $100k insurance in the marketing literature but only $50k to me. The whole life premium for that is about $260. Their original offer was 5 year term. I have such a policy through AARP and it is an abusive contract IMHO. I USED TO SELL THESE INSURANCE POLICIES SO I KNOW FIRST HAND OF WHAT I SPEAK.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I just talked with the rudest customer service rep, named Roy. She needs to listen to a tape of her calls. I came here to post a review and saw all the nightmarish reviews placed for this company. It sounds awful and I will be canceling my son's life insurance at first chance I can get. Too many wonderful companies out there to have to deal with a company like this.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Service reps were courteous and quick but to me too quick, no questions, take my debit information and, "We will send you a policy in the mail..." So I was just a little concerned by how quick and no questions obligations other than, "We will send you your policy" and I enrolled in auto-pay. That is it.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

A couple months ago I got insurance with them. In Dec 2018 that took out a payment from my bank account then 2 weeks later took another payment. They only have record of 1 payment. I have been given the runaround by customer service on what I need to do for them to credit my account. I have sent in bank statements. Still keep getting the runaround. Stay away from his company. I told them that what they're doing is fraud and Theft. I canceled my account with them. Globe Life has not yet refunded the money they took out of my account and is treating me like I'm trying to rip them off.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I bought myself and my 2 sons policies about 20 years ago. Since they are adults now we switched the policies to term with our present insurance company. I contacted Globe in Mid-October to see what they needed to close the policies. They said they needed a letter verifying that we were changing the policies over to another company.

My insurance company mailed the letters on 10/31. 6 weeks later I was still getting bills in the mail for the payments that were due in November. I should not have been receiving any bills. I spent an entire day - really I was at work, trying to reach someone who was not a ** on the phone, nasty or just plain rude. I was hung up on 9 times after being on hold for over 30 minutes. I finally reached a supervisor who would not give me any information on my sons' policies because apparently they were the owners of the policy even though they are getting the payment from me and my name is on the policy.

I then emailed letters to them verifying that my sons want the policies closed. 2 weeks later bills again in the mail. My new agent's office called Globe to state they had mailed the letters and verify that they received them. They did not have the letters from 10/31. Once again I was on the phone going through people like paper towels. Rude, **, snippy and nasty.

Finally I reached someone I could email the letters to. I emailed them and they assured me the policies would be closed! Ok we are now at 12/21 almost 60 days. A week later bills in my email and bills in my mailbox. My new insurance company corporate office called Globe, they wanted to know why the letters were not be accepted. Globe stated in order to close the policies they wanted the final payment in order to send us a reimbursement? What? WTF does that mean. They do not make any sense!

So I emailed every day until I received a phone call on 1/5 from a supervisor, mind you this is a Saturday, she would not talk to me because I did not have my policy number. I was in Milwaukee for the weekend. I have since called her 6 times and left voice mails, no return call as of today. She wanted to talk directly to my sons, they were in Chicago at a funeral. It took her 4 days to call them back. She would not close the policies without talking directly to them. I have since filed a complaint with the insurance bureau of Colorado. How in the world does this scam company not be shut down. I will wait 2 weeks to see if I have a refund in the mail along with the policies being closed.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Globe Life has received thousands of dollars from my family & we have no coverage simply because they have not submitted remittances in a timely manner. I get no satisfaction from customer service via phone calls or in writing. Thus, we get newer coverage at a higher cost, everything is ok for a few months, then no timely remittances again & the same thing happens again with customer service (sic).

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

This company doesn't deserve a star based on my recent experience. I have had a policy on each of my sons since 2015 with Globe Life. I recently noticed strange messages on one of the two accounts, so I gave them a call. One representative told me payments that I've been making have not been processed because I was making payments too quickly--really?? I make payments monthly and sometimes I make a 3 month payment via the app. Nevertheless, both accounts are current according to my bank statements. I receive confirmation notices from Globe Life and notice the payments documented on my bank statements for both policies. Most recently, one policy has gone into an inactive status while the other policy is in a paid to date status. I noticed last week that a message of "premium paying back" was attached to the status of one of the policies.

This is ridiculous and so I called to find out what does the "premium paying back" mean. I got a seriously, clouded response about payments taking 5-7 days to process, I'm making payments too quickly, etc. I was told to wait for the payment status to update. I checked again today to see what was going on with the payment status for both policies. I got a different representative this week and listening to my explanation, the representative giggled at my frustration with the inaccurate information and poor service I've recently experienced.

When I comment to her that this is nothing to giggle about; what if my son (family) were to suddenly need this coverage and the policy is erroneously in an inactive status which would leave us confused on top of devastated. She gave what I perceived to be a weak apology for her lack of professionalism. When I told them I sense a scam, her giggles went to professional mode. Now they have been giving both policies attention. One hour after hanging up with the representative and pulling out 6 months worth of bank statements to send to the accounting department, I see that payment due dates and the status of one policy has changed. From last week to today, one of my policies went from current to inactive.

Why on earth would I pay one policy and not the other? On top of that, I was told last week that I didn't have the type of policies that would allow my sons to take out a loan because they would never have cash value, nor could the policies be transferred from whole to term life. Less than 5 days later, I'm being told the cash value to date for each policy and given an explanation about the maximum loan amount that could be requested if needed. Ridiculous that I've had the policies on my sons for about three years and the only cash value thus far is less than $200. I am seeking to dissolve these policies and go elsewhere. I am bothered because these folks have my bank account information for purpose of making payments. I wish I had found this website and reviews years ago before dealing with this mess. It took me several years before I actually checked in to Globe Life--should have followed my first mind.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Tried to make a payment online, but system didn't respond. Called Customer Dis-Service but they don't work on weekends. Very odd business policy - they don't want your money unless you contact them during the week...

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I contacted Globe Life about whole life insurance for the amount of $30,000. Everything went well until I was asked if I was mentally or physically disabled. I said yes to one of the questions. I get a call about a week later from the underwriter going in depth about my disability (Which is a mild one). I understand from research that there are some questions they are not allowed to ask. I was very honest. I had not heard anything for a couple of weeks so I called. Yes I have been approved but for only $5,000 not $30,000. Of course they know they can't discriminate on disability so they give me the lowest amount which we know does not even begin to pay for funeral expenses. You try to be honest and this is what happens. I asked why such a low amount and I was told I would have to put that in writing to the company to find out. Do not believe no discrimination, no health questions, or fairness with this company. I'm a good example of that lie.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I signed up for 250,000 in term life and another 250,000 accidental death policy. because they could not find anything medically wrong with me they chose to deny my application... I contacted them to find out why I have not received my policy nor has any payment been processed, at that time they informed me that underwriting had denied my application for the above reasons. People get coverage for obvious reasons, for a company to deny your application and not contact you by email phone or mail and inform you of the decision is absolutely absurd. I thought this company was a good company but boy was I wrong!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I applied for $10000 in life insurance based on the premium being $26.99 a month for my age bracket (it was a term life policy). I received my policy and the premium was $38.72. I called them immediately and was informed that because of prescriptions I take the underwriter decided I have to pay a higher premium!!! First of all I'd like to know who gave them that information without my consent!!! Second of all I am not on any medication for a life threatening illness. This company is very deceptive and they false advertisement!!! Needless to say I'm going elsewhere for my life insurance!!!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

My father passed away in May 2018 and I found out he had been paying faithfully on a whole life insurance policy for me for 30 years. He paid almost $200 a year and the amount available to me is only $1800 in savings. That's not all. I have been trying to have the policy transferred to my name since then. Each time I call they say they did not receive the death certificate. Then they say they did but a note was not made on my account.

Then when I tried to borrow $1500 from the account to help with my dad's expenses, they said the money would be mailed in 15 days. 3 weeks later I call to check on it and they tell me I have to ask for a loan in writing and also give me the same BS that the account was not transferred to my name. They do everything they can to stop you from getting your money. I can only imagine if I died that my kids would NEVER collect the money. This company is a complete fraud and scam. I would advise to NEVER purchase from them.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I submitted a claim when my father passed away and they denied the claim without reviewing the medical records. If they would just read, they will see that he developed issues after we had already purchased the policy.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

My experience with Globe Life Insurance was great. My son passed away on September 8, 2018 and they paid the funeral home immediately and then 2 weeks later I had a check in the mail. When I call for the status of my claim customer service was very nice and helpful. I am truly blessed that they didn't give me any problems.

Globe Life Insurance expert review by Neal Frankle

Globe Life Insurance is among the most prominent and reputable life insurance writers in the United States. Founded in Oklahoma in 1951, the company provides life and accident insurance to individuals. They offer a variety of plans that tailor to individual needs, and make the buying experience easy with no sales agents involved. They have more than $69 billion of insurance in force and are committed to providing secure life insurance protection to their policyholders.

• Convenient service: Globe Life Insurance offers online quotes, service through the mail and the option to contact them via phone.

• Online access: Customers can access their Globe Life Insurance account information online for easy account management.

• Accidental death protection: Globe Life Insurance offers accidental death protection so that the family of the deceased is covered in the event of an accidental death.

• Adult and child life insurance: They offer life insurance coverage both for children and adults to ensure that families receive the assistance they need.

• Medicare supplemental coverage: Globe Life Insurance provides supplemental coverage for Medicare holders to cover costs that Medicare doesn't.

Profile picture of Neal Frankle
    Neal Frankle Life Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.

Globe Life Insurance Company Information