2. Finance
  3. Life Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.68/5

Globe Life offers life insurance products for adults and children with coverage amounts up to $50,000. The simple application process requires no medical exam or waiting period, and rates start as low as $3.49 per month for adults. The company charges only $1 for your first month, and it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.

BOTTOM LINE

Globe Life Insurance is ideal for families and individuals. Customer reviews highlight the easy application process and affordable payments. It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, but it has limited death benefits.

PROS
  • No medical exam
  • 30-day money-back guarantee
  • Whole life policy for kids
  • $1 for first month
CONS
  • Limited death benefits
  • Limited riders

Top Globe Life Insurance Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Globe Life Insurance?

I called about my payment card. I had to have my bank to turn it off and go get another one. He told me that it was no problem and since my payment was already in process that we had to wait until my bank refused payment and told me what to do after that. ... [H]e was very polite and very helpful.

Denise was very pleasant and helpful, I had questions that I’m sure she has been asked 100 times. Denise took her time to explain and was patient throughout the whole process. ... Thank you for making this experience less difficult. You are appreciated.

What is Globe Life Insurance?

Globe Life sells life insurance with coverage up to $50,000 for adults and $30,000 for children. The Globe Life application process is simple, and the company does not require a medical exam. Globe Life offers online bill payment and a mobile app for easy access to your policy. The company also gives free quotes with minimal personal information.

Globe Life Insurance application process

To apply for Globe Life insurance, use the quote tool and choose any level of coverage (up to the maximum). The quote requires information such as your age, location, beneficiaries and medical history. Globe Life provides a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you change your mind. For more information or help with the application process, call a Globe Life customer service agent.

Globe Life Insurance policies and coverage

Globe Life has life insurance policies for adults and children. Policies for adults are available for those up to 75 at the time of sign-up; policies for children are available for those 25 or younger, though age restrictions for whole insurance policies for children may differ by state. Its children's life insurance can pay up to $30,000 in benefits. Globe Life’s life insurance for adults provides coverage amounts ranging from $5,000 to $50,000, and there’s no waiting period.

Globe Life Insurance rates

Healthy adults might pay as little as $3.49 per month for life insurance with Globe Life, though rates are likely to be higher depending on the coverage amount you select, as well as your age, income, location and health history. Families can pay as little as $2.17 per month for life insurance for children, though you might expect to pay between $5 to $14 per month for this type of coverage.

Globe Life does not require medical exams, but customers should answer honestly about their medical history when applying. During the application process, make sure to disclose any preexisting medical condition; otherwise, the company might not pay the death benefit.

Globe Life Insurance claims process

For Globe Life policyholders, the claims process differs depending on the policy underwriter. Visit the Globe Life website to begin a claim. Life insurance policies that aren’t yet two years old are considered “contestable,” with claims subject to review. Policies more than two years old are “incontestable” and will be paid upon receipt and examination of required documents.

Globe Life Insurance FAQ

Does Globe Life have a waiting period?
No. Globe Life Insurance allows customers to buy any life insurance product and receive coverage immediately.
Does Globe Life offer senior life insurance?
Yes, senior life insurance is available for customers looking to cover final expenses associated with funeral costs, hospice care and other outstanding debts. This coverage option is ideal for older individuals who may not need extensive coverage.
What can I do with the Globe Life app?
Customers can complete the following tasks within the Globe Life app:
  • Pay a monthly bill
  • Set up payments for one-time expenses
  • Access and edit personal information
  • Monitor coverage
  • Review coverage and plan options
  • Interact with Globe Life on social media

Is Globe Life Insurance good?

Globe Life is a great option for families and individuals looking for affordable life insurance policies. The company covers children up to age 25 and adults up to age 75 (at the time of sign-up). With its low costs, 30-day money-back guarantee and no medical exam requirement, Globe Life gets our recommendation.

Globe Life Insurance Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Globe Life Insurance?

Original review: April 19, 2021

It is nice to know your children are covered. Not something you really like to think about. My eldest passed in 2015, the payout was quick and easy. My middle just turned 26 and has an insurance policy that will take care of her needs that is affordable. My youngest is about ready to become a parent and is checking into affordable protection. Globe has served us well.

Globe Life Insurance response

Ruby, we hope and pray that you and your family are doing well since the loss of your oldest child. We appreciate you and the trust you’ve placed in Globe Life and we're honored that we were able to be there for you and your family when you needed us the most. We look forward to serving you and your family for many years to come and we thank you for being a loyal customer!

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2021

I have been with Globe Life for over 2 years now. They are a great company especially if you want to get your child insured. The prices are outstanding, and whenever I call to talk with one of the reps, they are very kind, respectful, and knowledgeable when it comes to helping you get things done. I will highly recommend them to anyone who needs a good insurance company.

Globe Life Insurance response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Quintin! We're glad our representatives are always knowledgeable, kind, and respectful while providing you with the excellent service you expect and deserve. We look forward to serving you in the future and we appreciate you choosing Globe Life!

Original review: March 23, 2021

I called about my payment card. I had to have my bank to turn it off and go get another one. He told me that it was no problem and since my payment was already in process that we had to wait until my bank refused payment and told me what to do after that. And I just wanted to say he was very polite and very helpful.

Globe Life Insurance response

Timothy, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad Sam was knowledgeable and polite while providing you with the excellent service you expect and deserve. We look forward to serving you in the future and we appreciate you choosing Globe Life!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

I called customer service to update my automatic withdraw payment method because I had closed my checking account and reopened a new one. The representative asked me for all my information then told me she was unable to process my request and would transfer me to another department that would complete my request...she transferred me back into queue for the same department I was in...so after waiting, the second representative did the same thing...asked for my new payment information which was a debit card, she placed me on hold and then came back saying she was having trouble processing it for some reason so I told her to hold on. I would go out to my truck and get my routing and account number, she responded that she couldn’t wait on me to go get my banking information...

I was a little upset at the response and as calm as I could, told her as I was walking out to my truck that it was very harsh of her to tell me that she couldn’t hold for me yet I had been very patient with her... She was silent... As I was getting my information she said, "Well I’m going to put you on hold while you do that so I can do other stuff I need to do..." needless to say I hung up. I called back and the third representative told me that I would have to call back Monday (5days later) to see if the update took but she wasn’t sure. I advised her the payment was due in 4 days. She said that would be fine but I would need to follow up and make sure the payment went thru.

My issue with this was that the first representative just handed me off to another because she did not know what to do...the. The second representative was impatient...unwilling to wait for me to get my account information even I waited on her and I had my debit card to begin with..and the third representative told me to callback and follow up instead of her making sure it was done properly. But now 2days later I receive an email from Globe Insurance asking for me to make a payment so I’m assuming the automatic drafts did not get setup as requested. Hmmm very poor customer service.

Globe Life Insurance response

Heather, we're very sorry to hear about the unacceptable service you received while trying to change your auto payment. We want to make sure we find a resolution as soon as possible. Please send us via PRIVATE response the name on the policy, if different from yours and your policy #. We'll have a representative contact you and hopefully resolve this issue to your satisfaction. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

They comforted my husband and I for our loss while she was to the point and patient with us considering the fact our brains are not working as sharp as normal considering the fact we just lost my husband's mother suddenly. She explained everything in detail and assured us that once received paperwork was received the life insurance would be released to be able to pay much needed affairs for my mother in law.

Globe Life Insurance response

Stacey, we send our sincere condolences to you and your family on the loss of your mother-in-law. We're honored that we are able to help you financially during this extremely difficult and sad time. Thank you for your feedback and God bless you and your family during this time.

Original review: April 30, 2021

I bought ins. for my grandkids. But almost weekly I get 'invitations' to buy more. They waste a lot of money. I don't need to say more, just want less mailings cluttering up my mailbox. That's all I have to say.

Globe Life Insurance response

Dave, we apologize for this excessive mailing issue. Please confirm via PRIVATE response your name and address so we can make sure we put the correct address on our "Do Not Mail" list. Again, we're very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Original review: April 28, 2021

I have been a Globe Life customer since 2001. I had a question about two of my policies. I called, waited over 20 minutes, connected with one agent, who transferred me, then my call was dropped as the other agent connected. They don't call back. I emailed. I was asked for my date of birth for verification to communicate via email. I sent the information via secure email, but Globe could not access it. An agent finally called me, but while I was working. I asked the agent to please take down my DOB and call me the next day. She said she had to ask a supervisor. I had to return to work. No resolution. Ready to find a new company and cancel all 5 policies I have with this company. You be the Judge.

Globe Life Insurance response

Vanessa, we're sorry that we didn't provide the service that you expect and deserve. Customer satisfaction is a top priority for Globe Life and we're sorry that we've failed to deliver that during this recent interaction. If this policy issue is still unresolved please send us via PRIVATE response with the name(s), policy #s, and the best phone # to contact you. We'll have a supervisor reach out to you. We're very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 27, 2021

My son passed away on August 14, 2020. I had recently started his policy, now what Globe Life doesn't tell you is that if the insured individual dies within a 2 year time frame, that they can contest the policy. My son was shot by someone else, didn't commit suicide or anything of the sort. He didn't have any mental issues or anything. I have sent police reports, medical records, obituary, & everything else that they have asked me for, & I still have not heard anything from them, except that it's in review.

I have called so many times because it doesn't make any sense, how the big insurance companies are quick to take your hard earned money, & quick to cancel your policy when you are late on a payment, but you can't get anyone to talk to you about a claim besides the little customer service representatives, who really don't have any real knowledge to share with you, except that it's contestable. How in the hell is it contestable, when my son was shot & killed, but others in the streets walking with his pregnant girlfriend? Whoever these claims dept reps are, or the underwriters are need to start changing the policies where they can at least reach out to these love ones about their policies. After this, Me & my family DEFINITELY WILL NEVER DEAL WITH GLOBE LIFE EVER AGAIN.

Globe Life Insurance response

James, we're very sorry for the loss of your son and we send our sincere condolences to you and your family. We'd like to investigate your son's death claim further but need you to please send us via PRIVATE response your son's full name, policy #, and the best phone # and time to call you. We will have a supervisor contact you as soon as we've investigated why this claim hasn't been paid. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused during such a difficult and sad time.

Original review: April 26, 2021

I recently lost my mother who I had insured with Globe for the last few years. Globe’s claim department made everything so easy for me in such a difficult time in my life. I’d recommend Globe Life insurance to anyone.

Globe Life Insurance response

Shaquena, we hope and pray that you and your family are doing well since the loss of your mother. We appreciate you and the trust you placed in Globe Life and we're honored that we were able to be there for you and your family when you needed us the most. We look forward to serving you in the future and we thank you for choosing Globe Life!

Original review: April 21, 2021

The agents was very kind and courteous. They treated me like one of the family. If you are looking for any type of insurance I guarantee you will be treated with respect. Try them. You can't go wrong with any of their agents. They are willing to take time out of their way to answer any of your questions and make sure you are satisfied with your policy. They will go over every inch and let you know exactly what you are getting.

Globe Life Insurance response

Jean, it’s always a pleasure serving and protecting families! We appreciate you letting us know how we’re doing and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Globe Life Insurance Company Information