Little feet, big responsibility

Take steps towards protecting loved ones. Compare term life plans today.

Protect my family
3.03/5

Little feet, big responsibility

Take steps towards protecting loved ones. Compare term life plans today.

Protect my family

102 Globe Life Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 19, 2019

Due to changes my wife's health I was required to make changes to the beneficiaries on 2 policies that I have. In Feb. I went on internet to make changes, it was simple. Made the changes and a day or 2 later I realized that the change I made to one policy was incorrect and went back on internet to change and found out that I had to wait 30 days to make the change (understandable for my protection). In March I was able to make the change. Piece of cake. On or about 10th of March received a letter in mail reflecting the changes I made in Feb. so I called customer service on phone to verify that changes I made in March did take effect, and the representative did check and assured that changes made in March were in effect. She was extremely courteous and understood my concern. This is great customer service.

Original review: March 6, 2019

When I missed 2 payments, Globe Life Agent called me and asked if there was anything they could do to help me. When I explained my financial situation they quickly helped me resolve the monthly payments and therefore I got back on track with my policy that I have had for the past 6 years. They even waived 2 payments and I was still in good standing with the company!! I will always recommend Globe Life Insurance to any and all friends and neighbors. THANKS GLOBE LIFE INSURANCE!!!

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

We've had life insurance on our two children since they were under 5 years old. Two years ago our son died suddenly and Globe Life Insurance true to their promise made to us over 40 years ago, paid the policy that we had on Christopher. Seeing that our granddaughter doesn't have life insurance we took out a policy for her. Hopefully we will not need to use it and that she can at some time in the future keep it or cash it in for financial needs. We are grateful for the inexpensive but necessary, products that Globe Life offers and that they were there for us when we needed them.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I had the best experience with the company. I signed up for life insurance for my mom, and, unfortunately and unexpectedly, she passed away really quick... I was charged $1 for the 1st month, was really devastated, and didn't care about any money. The company kept sending me letters pushing me to send a claim, and I finally sent it on the last day. I didn't even check my mail after that because as I said, I was very upset, and because I just got the insurance and paid $1 for it. They kept in touch all the time sending me letters explaining the process of the investigation as my mom died within first 2 years. It wasn't that long that I received a check for 10,000. And you know, what else? At the very end of the letter it was a line which touched me more than anything: "If we can help you in any other way, please, let us know..."

Original review: May 31, 2018

Wow, it appears I am the exception to the rule because my experience with Globe has been nothing less than outstanding. Back in 1997 I took out a couple of small Whole Life policies on my two young (at that time) kids. In the ensuing 21 years I have made a number of changes to the policies, like increasing coverage, changing names when my daughter grew up and got married, etc. Every time I have contacted Globe Life I have found their customer service people to be polite, friendly, knowledgeable, and committed. Happily, I have never had to make a claim, so I won't speak to that. But based on my 20+ year relationship with them I have every confidence that it would be handled appropriately and professionally.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Globe Life Insurance?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 29, 2019

Be sure to get a copy of your rider for accident insurance before you take out this insurance because it does expire and you lose all your money that you paid into it once it expires. Mine expired. I got it in 2009 and it expired April 11, 2019 so all the money I’ve paid into it I lost it. So if you haven’t had an accidental death before it expires your family gets nothing once it expires. Read the small print on your rider. They don’t disclose this to you when you take this coverage so please ask questions before you take out that accidental insurance coverage because it does expire at a certain date. I lost $660. Also their customer service is horrible on the phone. The people who answered the phone are not too knowledgeable about this insurance so they couldn’t give any clear answers. Once they can’t give clear answers they become rude.

Globe Life Insurance response

Margaret, we apologize if this Rider you purchased was not properly explained when you purchased it. Providing our customers with excellent customer service through knowledgeable and friendly representatives is a top priority for Globe Life and we're very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We hope that you will allow us to serve you again in the future and thank you for choosing Globe Life.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Dealing with Globe Life today was a real joy! The service rep was polite, knowledgeable, and very helpful. She handled my inquiry in a professional and efficient manner. I wish all the companies I deal with on the phone or online were HALF as good as this was!!

Original review: April 23, 2019

I could not afford the 4x's increase in premiums and wanted to cancel and have my previous premiums refunded for something they told me I would not be able to use anyway. Exchanged many emails and calls to them, also by my son who was insured, and they refused to work with me/us, just pretty much saying "too bad". Stay as far away from this company as possible!

Original review: April 16, 2019

Globe is my go-to company for children/grandchildren insurance needs. It’s good coverage at a good price for a hopefully never needed product. Globe is a respected company with a solid track record - something important to me.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Called to get life insurance for myself and children, have all the info needed, including details on a barrage of testing that I had to undergo before my doctor realized my ONLY ailment was ALLERGIES! Allergy medications are the only medication I take and get renewed. Allergies are apparently a life threatening disease because Globe Life denied my policy. I called to explain again, but was given the only option to write to them. I was not able to speak with anyone on the matter. Even after telling them I would cancel 3 other policies they wouldn't let me speak with anyone, just cancelled my policies. HORRIBLE, ASININE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Original review: April 9, 2019

I had a family member to pass recently (March 2019) and I was the beneficiary. The entire process went smooth for me. The funeral home was paid and I received the balance 10 days later. Nothing negative on my end. Every situation is different, but mine was pleasant.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I would give them 0 stars but it was not an option. I am nothing but appalled with your company (Globe Life). After going through the most traumatic time in my life, losing my grandson at the age of 27 in a motorcycle accident I now learn that you all will not be paying out the full amount of my policy!!! That I have been paying into for over Ten years. I will NEVER recommend your company to anyone and I will continue to give you all bad reviews on EVER internet platform. My next step is to contact the Insurance Commissioner. Your company is a FRAUD!!!!

Original review: March 27, 2019

I responded to an email that I received about one of my policies with Globe Life. The Customer Service rep was very knowledgeable, took the time to answer my questions to clear up my confusion and implemented a plan of action - all in my relatively quick call.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Nicest people I've talked to about life insurance that made feel good!!! ☺ They are just like any other people in the world today and understand what your needs are. This isn't something to put off for too long. At my age I was able to lock in the price... Excellent y'all!

Original review: March 21, 2019

Every time I have contacted Globe Life Insurance regarding my life insurance policy I have received great, prompt service. They are always willing to answer any question I have and/or send me information I need. The staff members I have communicated with have been very friendly and helpful.

Original review: March 19, 2019

This company delivers consistent horrible customer service!! The representatives are rude, unprofessional and lack knowledge needed to perform in their role! There’s no option to cancel your policy online so you are forced to call. This company is a joke!

Original review: March 17, 2019

The marketing material for Globe Life makes it appear easy to get insurance for a great price. The application process is seamless, and gives you the impression that the price quoted will be locked in for the entire term. You also are agreeing to have payments drafted directly from your account IF your application is approved. The problem is, when your application does get approved, you find out that the price quoted is only for 5 years and that the price will increase substantially each 5 year period until the complete term is up. If you decide not to keep the policy after finding this out, good luck with trying to cancel. There is no information on how to cancel the policy when you get the acceptance information.

There is no option to cancel on the website after you set up online access, and there is also no option to cancel in the list of options when you call in. I called and spoke to a representative under the "change policy" option (after a wait time of roughly 24 minutes), and she said that the policy was going to be canceled, but that I would have to wait 10 business days to get a verification via mail. In the meantime, a payment was scheduled to draft, so I would have no way to be sure that a payment wouldn't be drafted from my account. In summary, the initial pricing will reel you in, but when you get the policy and the price changes, you will have little help canceling the policy. I would not recommend this insurance company, and warn those older, technologically challenged people that they should steer clear. Otherwise, their account will be subject to payments they did not agree to.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Very nice customer service. I have been with Globe Life Insurance almost 9 years. I love the company and all they do for me. My policy is explainable. Well worth my money. My kids and I are on a policy and it's in my budget.

Original review: March 16, 2019

The people who helped me pick out my policies not only were they very informative but they were also very concerned and very nice and they help me find the best policy to fit in a financial situation. And I am very very very pleased and I would highly recommend.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I was so pleased with the help I received over the phone. A very knowledgable person and took a huge amount of time with me to answer my questions. She gave me all the options and prices. What I personally liked the most was I didn't feel pressured to buy anything. Just a great experience with the Globe Life representative.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Globe Life is very affordable and easy to apply for. I've had a pleasant experience with Globe Life. Each time I spoke with someone on the phone, They were very polite and knowledgeable. I needed to make payments on my policy. And they were able to take care of it without a problem.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

My mother had medical supplemental insurance. All in all it worked fine for many years. I called to inform them she passed, but they took their monthly payment a week later anyway. This was December 26, 2019. It is now February 28 and they keep saying the reimbursement check is in the mail. Oh sure it is...

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I had Global Life for over 10 years. Payment was always made. I ran in some difficulty for a couple of months and they dropped me. I called and they wouldn't work with me. I wasted 10 years for nothing. Now I have no life insurance. I am disabled. I cant afford the prices now. Living on a fixed income. Maybe something will happen and they will understand how a person feels.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

My call was handled in a very professional manner and very quickly. The customer service representative was speaking clearly and explained everything completely. I have dealt with Globe for many years with insurance on my grandchildren and have never had a bad experience. The cost for the amount of coverage is low and can be handled by people who are on a fixed income.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

My son died four and a half months ago in an automobile accident. He was a back seat passenger in a truck that hit a tree. Not natural causes. Not a drug overdose. However, the policy was right under two years old. I am still waiting for them to pay out to the funeral home (if they ever do). First it was they needed 2 years of medical records to verify that he had no pre-existing conditions. Then it was 5 years. I am going through the worse thing a parent can imagine and they are trying to get out of paying for his funeral.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I would strongly recommend people reconsider doing business with this life insurance company. My father was the beneficiary on a child's life insurance policy and when he died, I tried for a year to get them to change the beneficiary. They refused, claiming each time they didn't have the right paperwork that I twice sent by email and once by postal mail. Then they started calling for overdue premium payments. By then I had decided to just let the policy lapse since the beneficiary was deceased and I wasn't getting any resolution. The mailings and calls did not stop until a mentally ill sibling one day answered the phone and believed bad things would happen if the premium wasn't paid. The results of that call were disastrous for our family (The agent on the phone wouldn't have known my sister was suicidal, but they would know she was not involved in the policy in any manner).

It's been a year and the issue isn't resolved. Each time I email or call, I get the same canned response. My case may be an exception, but given the company routinely deals with people in very difficult situations, I would have expected much better customer service. And, given they are in a heavily regulated industry, I am shocked at their poor data retention/security practices. I rarely write reviews because everyone's situation differs, but I hope to prevent someone else undergoing hardship from having to go through what my family has as a direct result of Globe Insurance's business practices.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

The company called to ask some questions and I was not at home so there was something I needed to be home for. They were pleasant and called me at a comfortable time. I was able to give them the info they needed. It was okay.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

They offered $100k insurance in the marketing literature but only $50k to me. The whole life premium for that is about $260. Their original offer was 5 year term. I have such a policy through AARP and it is an abusive contract IMHO. I USED TO SELL THESE INSURANCE POLICIES SO I KNOW FIRST HAND OF WHAT I SPEAK.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Service reps were courteous and quick but to me too quick, no questions, take my debit information and, "We will send you a policy in the mail..." So I was just a little concerned by how quick and no questions obligations other than, "We will send you your policy" and I enrolled in auto-pay. That is it.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

A couple months ago I got insurance with them. In Dec 2018 that took out a payment from my bank account then 2 weeks later took another payment. They only have record of 1 payment. I have been given the runaround by customer service on what I need to do for them to credit my account. I have sent in bank statements. Still keep getting the runaround. Stay away from his company. I told them that what they're doing is fraud and Theft. I canceled my account with them. Globe Life has not yet refunded the money they took out of my account and is treating me like I'm trying to rip them off.

Globe Life Insurance expert review by Neal Frankle

Globe Life Insurance is among the most prominent and reputable life insurance writers in the United States. Founded in Oklahoma in 1951, the company provides life and accident insurance to individuals. They offer a variety of plans that tailor to individual needs, and make the buying experience easy with no sales agents involved. They have more than $69 billion of insurance in force and are committed to providing secure life insurance protection to their policyholders.

• Convenient service: Globe Life Insurance offers online quotes, service through the mail and the option to contact them via phone.

• Online access: Customers can access their Globe Life Insurance account information online for easy account management.

• Accidental death protection: Globe Life Insurance offers accidental death protection so that the family of the deceased is covered in the event of an accidental death.

• Adult and child life insurance: They offer life insurance coverage both for children and adults to ensure that families receive the assistance they need.

• Medicare supplemental coverage: Globe Life Insurance provides supplemental coverage for Medicare holders to cover costs that Medicare doesn't.

Profile picture of Neal Frankle
Neal Frankle Life Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.

Globe Life Insurance Company Information