2. Finance
  3. Life Insurance
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.42/5

Globe Life offers term and whole life insurance products for adults and children with coverage amounts up to $100,000 in some states. The simple application process requires no medical exam or waiting period. Rates start as low as $3.49 per month for adult policies. Globe Life Insurance also offers accidental death insurance and mortgage protection insurance.

Globe Life Insurance Gallery (3)
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Globe Life Insurance is ideal for families and individuals looking for coverage. Customer reviews highlight the easy application process and affordable payments.

PROS

• No medical exam
  • 30-day money-back guarantee
  • Whole life policy for kids
  • $1 for first month

CONS

• Limited death benefits
  • Limited riders

Top Globe Life Insurance Reviews We Found

Globe is my go-to company for children/grandchildren insurance needs. It’s good coverage at a good price for a hopefully never needed product. Globe is a respected company with a solid track record - something important to me.

My experience has been superb from the application process to speaking to customer service rep. ... I have been to way too many funerals of late and the families had absolutely no insurance, which prompted me to call Globe to increase my insurance coverage for my entire family. ...Thank you Globe Life.

What is Globe Life Insurance?

Globe Life, formerly known as Torchmark Corporation, sells term life insurance with coverage up to $100,000 and whole life insurance with coverage up to $50,000 for adults and $30,000 for children. The Globe Life application process is simple, and the company does not require a medical exam. Globe Life offers online bill payment and a mobile app for easy access to your policy. The company also gives free quotes with minimal personal information.

To apply for Globe Life life insurance, use the quote tool and choose any level of coverage up to the maximum. The quote tool asks for information such as your age, location, beneficiaries and medical history. Globe Life provides a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you change your mind. For more information or help with the application process, call a Globe Life customer service agent.

Globe Life Insurance policies and coverage

Globe Life offers whole and term life insurance. Globe Life’s whole life insurance policies are available for adults and children. Policies for adults are available to those up to 75; policies for children are available for those 25 or younger. Age restrictions for Globe Life’s whole insurance policies for children may differ by state.

Globe Life Insurance offers the following life insurance options:

• Term life insurance: Unlike other life insurance providers that have consumers choose a set term at application, Globe Life provides coverage for one to five years, depending on your age, then automatically renews for five-year periods after that. Renewals occur when your age ends in a six or one. For example, a renewal occurs when you turn 36, 41, 46 and so on. Upon every renewal, your policy is recalculated and your premiums increase. Depending on your state, you’ll be covered up to age 80 or 90. The coverage limit is $50,000 or $100,000, depending on your state of residence.
  • Whole life insurance: Globe Life whole life insurance provides coverage for a lifetime and has payout amounts ranging from $5,000 to $50,000. Prices never increase with this plan.
  • Children’s life insurance: Globe Life’s life insurance for children acts as a whole life policy and accumulates cash value over time. Coverage lasts into adulthood, and the benefit ranges from $5,000 to $30,000.

Globe Life Insurance provides additional riders customers can add to their life insurance policies, including:

• Accidental death benefits: This option provides up to $250,000 to your beneficiaries in case of a fatal accident.
  • Mortgage protection insurance: This add-on provides coverage up to $350,000 in case an accidental death prohibits you or your loved ones from paying your mortgage.

Globe Life Insurance rates

Healthy adults pay as little as $3.49 per month, but most people pay around $11 to $26 per month for Globe Life term life insurance and $28 to $40 per month for Globe Life whole life insurance. Families pay as little as $2.17 per month for whole life insurance for children, with most paying $5 to $14 per month.

A 35-year-old woman in good health can expect to pay:

• $13.55 per month for term life insurance
  • $31.17 per month for whole life insurance

A family that wants coverage for a 10-year-old child can expect to pay:

• $5.41 per month for $10,000 in coverage
  • $9.74 per month for $20,000 in coverage
  • $14.06 per month for $30,000 in coverage

Monthly payments vary based on age, income, location and your answers to health questions. Globe Life does not do medical exams, but customers should answer honestly about their medical history when applying. If a customer fails to disclose a preexisting medical condition, the insurance company may not pay the death benefit.

Globe Life FAQ

Does Globe Life have a waiting period?
No. Globe Life Insurance allows customers to buy any life insurance product and receive coverage immediately.
Does Globe Life offer senior life insurance?
Yes, senior life insurance is available for customers looking to cover final expenses associated with funeral costs, hospice care and other outstanding debts. This coverage option is ideal for older individuals who may not need coverage as extensive as term or whole life.
What can I do in the Globe Life insurance app?
Customers can complete the following tasks within the Globe Life insurance app:
  • Pay a monthly bill
  • Set up payments for one-time expenses
  • Access and edit personal information
  • Monitor coverage
  • Review coverage and plan options
  • Interact with Globe Life on social media

Is Globe Life Insurance good?

Globe Life is a great option for families and individuals. Parents and grandparents can receive coverage for children up to age 25. Adults can purchase term coverage that has no set expiration and can be canceled at any time. Globe Life offers whole life insurance at a fixed cost. With these options, low costs, no required medical exams and a 30-day money-back guarantee, Globe Life gets our recommendation.

Globe Life Insurance Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

My love one my baby was tragically taken from me. It is so hard to deal with especially when it was so unexpected. I had purchased this insurance policy with a 2 year clause that I was not aware of so it was a long process taking a bit over 90 days. I was so sad and grief stricken and stressed out losing my love one my baby. The insurance company had to go through the process of finding out what had tragically happened to my Love One my Baby. After finding out what happened to my love one just a bit over 90 days the insurance company paid 100% in the Mail. I just cried like a baby because it was just so sad and painful. Reality hit hard knowing my love one my baby was really gone and to see after all the negative comments that I had saw on their website that this insurance company really Honored the Policy I had 100%.

Globe Life Insurance response

Nana, we send our sincere condolences to you and your family on the loss of your loved one. We appreciate you and the trust you placed in Globe Life and we're honored that we were able to be there when you needed us the most. Thank you again for your feedback and God bless you and your family during this difficult and sad time.

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

Great service. Very helpful personnel. Every time I have contacted them, whether it's online, via phone or by mail, they have gone to any lengths to give me complete satisfaction. It's a good company with good products & good service.

Globe Life Insurance response

Barbara, thank you for choosing Globe Life! We sincerely appreciate you and the trust you’ve placed in our company for your family's financial protection. Our goal is to always provide prompt and courteous service to our customers and policyholders and we're happy your experience reflects that. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

The called me about a problem and helped me settle it very quickly. I moved forgot to send new address and months went by with out payment. They contacted me with a plan to reduce my back payment and continued my policy with no break in its history. Saved money and kept my policy up to date.

Globe Life Insurance response

That’s what we’re here for! We’re happy to know we’re providing the best service possible! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we’re doing and we appreciate you choosing Globe Life!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I am new to Globe Life and so far my experience has been superb from the application process to me speaking to customer service rep. I spoke to two different reps and both was very knowledgeable about the product and company. I felt at ease when I hung and so ready to make my payment. I have been to way too many funerals of late and the families had absolutely no insurance, this prompted me to call Globe to increase my insurance coverage for my entire family. They made the process easy breezy! Thank you Globe Life.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

My dad bought life insurance through Globe Life after taking an early retirement package. He purchased 50K term life. I was nervous based on all the bad reviews about payout (even before he had passed), but the first correspondence from them after a phone call and sending in what I needed to was the check. I expected it to be some BS about "needing more info" before ultimately denying the claim, but NO issue. Smooth and seamless during a difficult time. Thank you Globe Life!

Globe Life Insurance response

We send our sincere condolences to you and your family on the loss of your dad. We appreciate the trust your dad placed in Globe Life and we're honored that he chose us for this important financial coverage. Thank you again for your feedback and we're happy that we were able to be there when you needed us the most. God bless you and your family during this difficult time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Globe Life Insurance?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 21, 2020

For several months now I have been trying to call Customer service and after punching all the correct numbers it says invalid request. I have sent several emails to customer service. The first one I gave the policy number and insured’s name (it is a policy on our daughter who is now 41) and my husband's name. They wanted her date of birth and the mailing address. I sent this and received another email that stated that I was the owner and had to contact them. I tried to call customer service again and was transferred to 3 different people. The second one said my daughter was the owner of the policy and she would have to call them. I asked if they could send a surrender form that she could sign and have notarized because calling them was a nightmare. He said he would have to transfer me to someone else.

Someone finally came on the line and said I understand you want to reinstate this policy. I said, "No I want to surrender it". She hung up. I feel like they are doing everything they can to not cancel this policy and send us the cash value. We received a letter a couple of months ago that is has a cash value of $746.33. It is bad enough in these times dealing with what we are dealing with and have go through this. I don’t know what else to do. It is just a runaround.

Globe Life Insurance response

Janet, we apologize the service you received hasn't been completed in a timely manner. If you still haven't received a response that has resolved your policy surrender issue, please send us your daughter's name and policy number, and the best phone number and the best time to contact you through PRIVATE response. We'll have a supervisor contact you as soon as we receive it. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you and look forward to getting this resolved.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I have made my payments years on the computer and all of a sudden it stopped even when I had sufficient funds. They were not able to tell me what the problem was and so I sent a check for the whole year and that was declined even with sufficient funds in my account. What a waste.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 20, 2020

My mother died in the hospital while being rushed to be released. Her name was Judith **. She wanted to give her only surviving son of 3 boys Michael **, a financial means to create something good for himself. Globe Life chose not to honor their policy. They said she wasn't fully approved and refunded approximately $750. Which means she had the policy for 3 years roughly and because my mother was financially destitute her choice in payments would have been $20 a month. How on earth is it possible to pay for 3 years and not be approved?! Insurance adjusters I understand are offered incentives to not pay claims. I cant afford what it would take to get a lawyer to honor my mother's last wishes. :(

Globe Life Insurance response

Michael, we're very sorry for the loss of your mother and we send our sincere condolences to you and your family. We'd like to investigate your mother's death claim further but need you to please send us a PRIVATE response with your mother's name, her policy #, and the best phone number to reach you. We will have a supervisor contact you as soon as we've investigated why this claim hasn't been paid. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and your family.

Original review: April 2, 2020

My mother in law passed away in November of 2019. We filed a claim in January. We just keep getting letters saying the claim is pending needing more information. On top of that, she keeps getting solicitations to buy life insurance from them. Insulting.

Globe Life Insurance response

Leiann, we're very sorry for the loss of your mother and we send our sincere condolences to you and your family. We'd like to investigate your mother's death claim further but need you to please PRIVATE respond with your mother's name, her policy #, your phone number and the best time to call you. We will have a supervisor contact you as soon as we've investigated why this claim hasn't been paid. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: March 30, 2020

I bought Globe Life Insurance for my two boys when they were very little. I thought that they could just roll it over after they became adults and continue working. First problem I countered after I paid on this for over 20 years, was that after they became 21, I could not access any information about these accounts. When they were about 24 and 25, they did not want to keep these accounts up so I decided to discontinue paying for them. Well then I find out there’s no cash value at all with globe life. So pretty much the money I gave to them for over 20 years, was just that, I gave it to them. If you’re looking for a company that offers cash value then go to another company.

Globe Life Insurance response

Loretta, please accept our sincere apology that your experience with Globe Life didn't meet your expectations. We'd like to look further into your situation. If you could please send us a PRIVATE response with your sons' names and policy #'s, along with the best phone # to contact you. We're very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you and your family and we look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Globe Life Insurance Company Information