2. Finance
  3. Life Insurance
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.83/5

Globe Life offers term and whole life insurance products for adults and children with coverage amounts up to $100,000 in some states. The simple application process requires no medical exam or waiting period. Rates start as low as $3.49 per month for adult policies. Globe Life Insurance also offers accidental death insurance and mortgage protection insurance.

Globe Life Insurance Gallery (3)

BOTTOM LINE

Globe Life Insurance is ideal for families and individuals looking for coverage. Customer reviews highlight the easy application process and affordable payments.

PROS

• No medical exam
  • 30-day money-back guarantee
  • Whole life policy for kids
  • $1 for first month

CONS

• Limited death benefits
  • Limited riders

Top Globe Life Insurance Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Globe Life Insurance?

Globe is my go-to company for children/grandchildren insurance needs. It’s good coverage at a good price for a hopefully never needed product. Globe is a respected company with a solid track record - something important to me.

My experience has been superb from the application process to speaking to customer service. ... I have been to way too many funerals of late and the families had absolutely no insurance, which prompted me to call Globe to increase my insurance coverage for my entire family. ...Thank you Globe Life.

What is Globe Life Insurance?

Globe Life, formerly known as Torchmark Corporation, sells term life insurance with coverage up to $100,000 and whole life insurance with coverage up to $50,000 for adults and $30,000 for children. The Globe Life application process is simple, and the company does not require a medical exam. Globe Life offers online bill payment and a mobile app for easy access to your policy. The company also gives free quotes with minimal personal information.

To apply for Globe Life life insurance, use the quote tool and choose any level of coverage up to the maximum. The quote tool asks for information such as your age, location, beneficiaries and medical history. Globe Life provides a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you change your mind. For more information or help with the application process, call a Globe Life customer service agent.

Globe Life Insurance policies and coverage

Globe Life offers whole and term life insurance. Globe Life’s whole life insurance policies are available for adults and children. Policies for adults are available to those up to 75; policies for children are available for those 25 or younger. Age restrictions for Globe Life’s whole insurance policies for children may differ by state.

Globe Life Insurance offers the following life insurance options:

• Term life insurance: Unlike other life insurance providers that have consumers choose a set term at application, Globe Life provides coverage for one to five years, depending on your age, then automatically renews for five-year periods after that. Renewals occur when your age ends in a six or one. For example, a renewal occurs when you turn 36, 41, 46 and so on. Upon every renewal, your policy is recalculated and your premiums increase. Depending on your state, you’ll be covered up to age 80 or 90. The coverage limit is $50,000 or $100,000, depending on your state of residence.
  • Whole life insurance: Globe Life whole life insurance provides coverage for a lifetime and has payout amounts ranging from $5,000 to $50,000. Prices never increase with this plan.
  • Children’s life insurance: Globe Life’s life insurance for children acts as a whole life policy and accumulates cash value over time. Coverage lasts into adulthood, and the benefit ranges from $5,000 to $30,000.

Globe Life Insurance provides additional riders customers can add to their life insurance policies, including:

• Accidental death benefits: This option provides up to $250,000 to your beneficiaries in case of a fatal accident.
  • Mortgage protection insurance: This add-on provides coverage up to $350,000 in case an accidental death prohibits you or your loved ones from paying your mortgage.

Globe Life Insurance rates

Healthy adults pay as little as $3.49 per month, but most people pay around $11 to $26 per month for Globe Life term life insurance and $28 to $40 per month for Globe Life whole life insurance. Families pay as little as $2.17 per month for whole life insurance for children, with most paying $5 to $14 per month.

A 35-year-old woman in good health can expect to pay:

• $13.55 per month for term life insurance
  • $31.17 per month for whole life insurance

A family that wants coverage for a 10-year-old child can expect to pay:

• $5.41 per month for $10,000 in coverage
  • $9.74 per month for $20,000 in coverage
  • $14.06 per month for $30,000 in coverage

Monthly payments vary based on age, income, location and your answers to health questions. Globe Life does not do medical exams, but customers should answer honestly about their medical history when applying. If a customer fails to disclose a preexisting medical condition, the insurance company may not pay the death benefit.

Globe Life FAQ

Does Globe Life have a waiting period?
No. Globe Life Insurance allows customers to buy any life insurance product and receive coverage immediately.
Does Globe Life offer senior life insurance?
Yes, senior life insurance is available for customers looking to cover final expenses associated with funeral costs, hospice care and other outstanding debts. This coverage option is ideal for older individuals who may not need coverage as extensive as term or whole life.
What can I do in the Globe Life insurance app?
Customers can complete the following tasks within the Globe Life insurance app:
  • Pay a monthly bill
  • Set up payments for one-time expenses
  • Access and edit personal information
  • Monitor coverage
  • Review coverage and plan options
  • Interact with Globe Life on social media

Is Globe Life Insurance good?

Globe Life is a great option for families and individuals. Parents and grandparents can receive coverage for children up to age 25. Adults can purchase term coverage that has no set expiration and can be canceled at any time. Globe Life offers whole life insurance at a fixed cost. With these options, low costs, no required medical exams and a 30-day money-back guarantee, Globe Life gets our recommendation.

Globe Life Insurance Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Globe Life Insurance?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Was able to research the insurance company, know the coverages and what they cover in case of death. They were knowledgeable and friendly. They explained everything to me with patience and confidence.

Globe Life Insurance response

Leonard, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with Globe Life! We're glad our representative was knowledgeable and friendly and able to assist you to your satisfaction. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

Great experience so far, the past 3 years I have had a Whole Life Policy. Globe Life has a Professional and Courteous staff, that is consistent and persistent in assisting Customers with different Life Insurance Policies.

Globe Life Insurance response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Candice! We're glad our representatives are always professional, and courteous while providing you with the excellent service you expect and deserve. We look forward to serving you in the future and we appreciate you choosing Globe Life!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

I've had my children, grandchildren and myself insured for many years with Globe Life! I have no problem reaching out and able to speak to a live person. There has been no issues with this company! They offer many products. The payment are very affordable. I will and have recommended this insurance company to my family and friends.

Globe Life Insurance response

Kelecia, we sincerely appreciate your feedback! Thank you for the trust you’ve placed in Globe Life for the financial protection of you and your family. Providing affordable protection through a process that is simple and easy for our policyholders is our goal and we're happy you're a satisfied customer. We look forward to serving you and your family in the future!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Globe Life is very easy to apply, and I love their billing possibilities like monthly, six months or annually, I bet if you called them up they would make two month payments by phone if you want to go two months without worrying, I paid the low price of $199 for a year's worth of insurance on my wife. What a bargain!

Globe Life Insurance response

David, thank you for your feedback regarding Globe Life! We appreciate you allowing us to provide you with the life insurance protection that best fits your family's needs. Thank you for choosing Globe Life and we look forward to providing you with the excellent service you deserve and expect!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I got a small policy, enough to cremate me. Pleasant customer service. Through the years I have always had good experiences dealing with customer service and the site. It isn't a lot of money each month, but it would have been much cheaper and much more coverage if I got in my 20s or 30s.

Globe Life Insurance response

Sophia, welcome to the Globe Life family! We're glad we were able to help you find the best fit for your life insurance needs. Our goal is always to make this important process as simple and easy as possible for our valued customers. Your satisfaction is our top priority and we look forward to serving you for years to come.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

I signed up and received nonstop spam. When I called to cancel they said I would recieve a refund. That never happened. I've e-mailed them with no response. Horrible. Would not recommend this company. They do nothing but send unwanted spam ads through the m.

Globe Life Insurance response

Lisa, we're very sorry to hear about the inconvenience this situation has caused you. If you'll send us via PRIVATE response the name on your policy and the policy number we'll check to see if your policy has been canceled. I'll also send your name and address to make sure you are placed on a Do Not Mail List. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I purchased a policy with Liberty National when I graduated college. At the time, it seemed like a good policy, but as I have gotten older the policy is not as good as it seemed. It is a term policy with premiums that steady go up annually. When I contacted Liberty about my concerns, the representative was absolutely no help. I feel like I am stuck with it until I die which is what I told the representative. This company is not consumer friendly, and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.

Globe Life Insurance response

Bobby, we're very sorry to learn of your experience with Liberty National. Your experience does not meet the level of service you deserve and we expect. We would like to look into your policy situation but need a few more details from you. If you could send us a PRIVATE response with your policy #, the best phone #, and the best time to call we'll have a representative reach out to you. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and look forward to hearing back from you.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

The agent was very thorough when assessing my needs and future plans. I didn't feel pressured or confused after the detailed breakdown of policy details. When the part about multiple beneficiaries came up, the process was much easier to understand when using Globe Life.

Globe Life Insurance response

John, thank you for your feedback regarding Globe Life! We appreciate you allowing us to provide you with the life insurance protection that best fits your family's needs. Thank you for choosing Globe Life and we look forward to providing you with the excellent service you deserve and expect!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

I have this for my children and I think it's the best insurance for the money and they are very hands on and they are polite and helpful on all questions send their way. They are really on top of all.

Globe Life Insurance response

Carla, we sincerely appreciate your feedback! Thank you for the trust you’ve placed in Globe Life for the financial protection of your children. Providing affordable protection through polite and helpful representatives is our goal and we're happy you're a satisfied customer. We look forward to serving you and your family in the future!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Wasted money to pay years long for policy, I was not able to add my husband for over a year we try several times. Asking for 1 dollar to cover for fisrts month until info get into their system, try about 4 times. Some never got answered some I sent a check and last I sent registered mail. First time phone call by a female representative let me help translate to my husband but never received not even a letter nor insurance verification. Second time got dozens of phone calls back and forth but there is no translation service, no form to verify identity or some way to notarized the validity of a person and answers.

We have lawyer who speak our language and other verifiable sources to make it happen but we received the check from GLOBE and a letter saying not able to cover my husband. What a humiliation and unprofessional service by a billionaire company. Their website is hard to navigate, phone got hang up or irritating music at hold. Some of the agents are not informed very much about their company's system, possible working from home but gave phone numbers where system say office are temporarily closed because of virus then answering machine say phone number what I wasn't able to understand even I called 3 times to catch her words for new number. The email address they provide I sent my letter weeks ago never got answered, but online contact even never bothered to contacted me back ever if I needed help for something.

Today I was online and the phone for 3 hours to cancel my policy because I can't trust anymore to pay any dollars to someplace who treat me this way. I do not recommend to anyone after I read the reviews what others going through while waiting the payout when losing a loved one. Better buy policy in our state not someplace else from who sent offers every month like GLOBE to my address. I see the rating is poor every site I try to investigate after them. Very sad, humiliating, nerve-wracking system where owner have no respect for customers while living on our money. Never Globe ever, worst experience, can't trust you anymore. I wonder how many others in a same shoes like me. I rather give all that money to my children every month. I wish the investment I can get it back.. It's a not fair service.

Globe Life Insurance response

We sincerely apologize that your recent experience with Globe Life didn't provide you with the service you expect or deserve. So that we can assist you with this unresolved policy issue, please send us your name, policy #, best phone #, and the best time to contact you through a PRIVATE response and we'll have a supervisor reach out to you. We look forward to hearing back from you soon and we're very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you and your family.

Globe Life Insurance Company Information