2. Finance
  3. Life Insurance
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.43/5

Globe Life offers term and whole life insurance products for adults and children with coverage amounts up to $100,000 in some states. The simple application process requires no medical exam or waiting period. Rates start as low as $3.49 per month for adult policies. Globe Life Insurance also offers accidental death insurance and mortgage protection insurance.

Globe Life Insurance Gallery (3)

BOTTOM LINE

Globe Life Insurance is ideal for families and individuals looking for coverage. Customer reviews highlight the easy application process and affordable payments.

PROS

• No medical exam
  • 30-day money-back guarantee
  • Whole life policy for kids
  • $1 for first month

CONS

• Limited death benefits
  • Limited riders

Top Globe Life Insurance Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Globe Life Insurance?

Globe is my go-to company for children/grandchildren insurance needs. It’s good coverage at a good price for a hopefully never needed product. Globe is a respected company with a solid track record - something important to me.

My experience has been superb from the application process to speaking to customer service rep. ... I have been to way too many funerals of late and the families had absolutely no insurance, which prompted me to call Globe to increase my insurance coverage for my entire family. ...Thank you Globe Life.

What is Globe Life Insurance?

Globe Life, formerly known as Torchmark Corporation, sells term life insurance with coverage up to $100,000 and whole life insurance with coverage up to $50,000 for adults and $30,000 for children. The Globe Life application process is simple, and the company does not require a medical exam. Globe Life offers online bill payment and a mobile app for easy access to your policy. The company also gives free quotes with minimal personal information.

To apply for Globe Life life insurance, use the quote tool and choose any level of coverage up to the maximum. The quote tool asks for information such as your age, location, beneficiaries and medical history. Globe Life provides a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you change your mind. For more information or help with the application process, call a Globe Life customer service agent.

Globe Life Insurance policies and coverage

Globe Life offers whole and term life insurance. Globe Life’s whole life insurance policies are available for adults and children. Policies for adults are available to those up to 75; policies for children are available for those 25 or younger. Age restrictions for Globe Life’s whole insurance policies for children may differ by state.

Globe Life Insurance offers the following life insurance options:

• Term life insurance: Unlike other life insurance providers that have consumers choose a set term at application, Globe Life provides coverage for one to five years, depending on your age, then automatically renews for five-year periods after that. Renewals occur when your age ends in a six or one. For example, a renewal occurs when you turn 36, 41, 46 and so on. Upon every renewal, your policy is recalculated and your premiums increase. Depending on your state, you’ll be covered up to age 80 or 90. The coverage limit is $50,000 or $100,000, depending on your state of residence.
  • Whole life insurance: Globe Life whole life insurance provides coverage for a lifetime and has payout amounts ranging from $5,000 to $50,000. Prices never increase with this plan.
  • Children’s life insurance: Globe Life’s life insurance for children acts as a whole life policy and accumulates cash value over time. Coverage lasts into adulthood, and the benefit ranges from $5,000 to $30,000.

Globe Life Insurance provides additional riders customers can add to their life insurance policies, including:

• Accidental death benefits: This option provides up to $250,000 to your beneficiaries in case of a fatal accident.
  • Mortgage protection insurance: This add-on provides coverage up to $350,000 in case an accidental death prohibits you or your loved ones from paying your mortgage.

Globe Life Insurance rates

Healthy adults pay as little as $3.49 per month, but most people pay around $11 to $26 per month for Globe Life term life insurance and $28 to $40 per month for Globe Life whole life insurance. Families pay as little as $2.17 per month for whole life insurance for children, with most paying $5 to $14 per month.

A 35-year-old woman in good health can expect to pay:

• $13.55 per month for term life insurance
  • $31.17 per month for whole life insurance

A family that wants coverage for a 10-year-old child can expect to pay:

• $5.41 per month for $10,000 in coverage
  • $9.74 per month for $20,000 in coverage
  • $14.06 per month for $30,000 in coverage

Monthly payments vary based on age, income, location and your answers to health questions. Globe Life does not do medical exams, but customers should answer honestly about their medical history when applying. If a customer fails to disclose a preexisting medical condition, the insurance company may not pay the death benefit.

Globe Life FAQ

Does Globe Life have a waiting period?
No. Globe Life Insurance allows customers to buy any life insurance product and receive coverage immediately.
Does Globe Life offer senior life insurance?
Yes, senior life insurance is available for customers looking to cover final expenses associated with funeral costs, hospice care and other outstanding debts. This coverage option is ideal for older individuals who may not need coverage as extensive as term or whole life.
What can I do in the Globe Life insurance app?
Customers can complete the following tasks within the Globe Life insurance app:
  • Pay a monthly bill
  • Set up payments for one-time expenses
  • Access and edit personal information
  • Monitor coverage
  • Review coverage and plan options
  • Interact with Globe Life on social media

Is Globe Life Insurance good?

Globe Life is a great option for families and individuals. Parents and grandparents can receive coverage for children up to age 25. Adults can purchase term coverage that has no set expiration and can be canceled at any time. Globe Life offers whole life insurance at a fixed cost. With these options, low costs, no required medical exams and a 30-day money-back guarantee, Globe Life gets our recommendation.

Globe Life Insurance Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Globe Life Insurance?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Globe Life is very easy to apply, and I love their billing possibilities like monthly, six months or annually, I bet if you called them up they would make two month payments by phone if you want to go two months without worrying, I paid the low price of $199 for a year's worth of insurance on my wife. What a bargain!

Globe Life Insurance response

David, thank you for your feedback regarding Globe Life! We appreciate you allowing us to provide you with the life insurance protection that best fits your family's needs. Thank you for choosing Globe Life and we look forward to providing you with the excellent service you deserve and expect!

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I got a small policy, enough to cremate me. Pleasant customer service. Through the years I have always had good experiences dealing with customer service and the site. It isn't a lot of money each month, but it would have been much cheaper and much more coverage if I got in my 20s or 30s.

Globe Life Insurance response

Sophia, welcome to the Globe Life family! We're glad we were able to help you find the best fit for your life insurance needs. Our goal is always to make this important process as simple and easy as possible for our valued customers. Your satisfaction is our top priority and we look forward to serving you for years to come.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

My love one my baby was tragically taken from me. It is so hard to deal with especially when it was so unexpected. I had purchased this insurance policy with a 2 year clause that I was not aware of so it was a long process taking a bit over 90 days. I was so sad and grief stricken and stressed out losing my love one my baby. The insurance company had to go through the process of finding out what had tragically happened to my Love One my Baby. After finding out what happened to my love one just a bit over 90 days the insurance company paid 100% in the Mail. I just cried like a baby because it was just so sad and painful. Reality hit hard knowing my love one my baby was really gone and to see after all the negative comments that I had saw on their website that this insurance company really Honored the Policy I had 100%.

Globe Life Insurance response

Nana, we send our sincere condolences to you and your family on the loss of your loved one. We appreciate you and the trust you placed in Globe Life and we're honored that we were able to be there when you needed us the most. Thank you again for your feedback and God bless you and your family during this difficult and sad time.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

Great service. Very helpful personnel. Every time I have contacted them, whether it's online, via phone or by mail, they have gone to any lengths to give me complete satisfaction. It's a good company with good products & good service.

Globe Life Insurance response

Barbara, thank you for choosing Globe Life! We sincerely appreciate you and the trust you’ve placed in our company for your family's financial protection. Our goal is to always provide prompt and courteous service to our customers and policyholders and we're happy your experience reflects that. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

The called me about a problem and helped me settle it very quickly. I moved forgot to send new address and months went by with out payment. They contacted me with a plan to reduce my back payment and continued my policy with no break in its history. Saved money and kept my policy up to date.

Globe Life Insurance response

That’s what we’re here for! We’re happy to know we’re providing the best service possible! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we’re doing and we appreciate you choosing Globe Life!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I normally never write a review unless they are good and can add value to the company or organization. However, this has been the worse experience we have ever encountered during this time of loss. My mom took out two policies with Globe Life on my brothers to ensure they had adequate insurance coverage, especially since people was dying at an alarming rate regarding COVID-19. Unfortunately, on July 4, my older sibling passed away due to heart failure. We contacted Globe Life to inform them and they mailed out the claims form to be returned. Once we had mailed all the documents back, we were told that we would be assigned an Ambassador to review the claim and to keep us updated on the process.

Well, my mom received a callback today 9/10 from the Ambassador only to be informed that he need more time to obtain information from a hospital that does not exist. I know these reps should have a list of valid hospitals to know what exist and what doesn't. The empathy that the representatives show when grieving callers call in is horrible and so is their customer service. If the majority of the complaints this company have is around poor service, and customers claims not being worked properly, you would think they would start to put better processes in place. Legal counsel will be my next pursue if this claim is not properly processed within the next three weeks.

Globe Life Insurance response

We're very sorry for the loss of your brother and we send our sincere condolences to you and your family. We'd like to investigate your brother's death claim further but ask if you could send us via PRIVATE response the policy holder's name, your brother's name, the policy #, your phone number, and the best time to call you. We will have a supervisor contact you as soon as we've investigated why this claim hasn't been paid.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

My family had a life insurance policy on me for several years. I didn't know about it until after the death of my aunt. I was unable to transfer account...but tried to go back later and take out another policy. From start to finish I was given faulty information. Original policy was for 30k. Tried to reinstate for 30k. I went thru the whole phone calls and sign up. Was told I was approved...Only to later learn they were only going to approve me for a 5k policy. I mean... What good does that do? Nobody will tell you why. They tell you a letter will be coming in the mail to explain. It tells you nothing. I cannot believe that such a company could be counted on to actually pay at the time of death. Beware...Be Smart...Go somewhere else. Term life insurance if you are healthy is a better option than this. Customer service is horrible.

Globe Life Insurance response

Lisa, we apologize that the interaction regarding your policy didn't provide you with the coverage you wanted or needed. So that we can further assist you with your policy, please send us your policy # and phone # along with the best time to contact you via PRIVATE response and we'll have a representative reach out to you. We look forward to hearing back from you soon and resolving this issue to your satisfaction.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

Stay away from Globe Life... I called on yesterday, Tuesday 8-25-2020, because I had questions regarding my policy and why the monthly premium payment is increase in a year and not five years... She said, "It's your anniversary date," that's something I totally never heard of.... Thank God I didn't pay my first premium. Believe me when I tell you this.... I write everything down including names of whom I spoke to.... The first woman I spoke to was totally rude, talking over me, I couldn't get a word in... I told her not to talk to me like I am a child.... When I told her I was a veteran, she laugh... She still couldn't answer the question regarding my policy and yes it totally upset me.... I mention to increase the amount, she abruptly transferred me to another rude and in a hurry woman that did not have time... I will be shredding the policy... There are much better life insurance companies with terrific customer service and globe life is not one of them.

Globe Life Insurance response

Vivian, we're very sorry to learn of your experience while interacting with our Customer Service representatives yesterday. This isn't representative of Globe Life and the way we expect our valued customers to be treated. We invite you to send us a PRIVATE response with more details of the CSR's who helped you and so that we can investigate this situation and make sure it doesn't happen again. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

The application was very easy and cost was very affordable to get started. That was what caught my eye. I never really thought about it until they kept sending stuff in the mail. They offer different prices and different benefit amounts which I thought was great. They didn't explain much which I thought was a bit lacking. I also noticed that other companies offered other options and additions on top of your normal benefit that they do not offer. Once I finish insurance shopping thoroughly I will probably change my company.

Globe Life Insurance response

Dominece, while we're glad our application process was easy and our coverage affordable but we apologize the information and explanations were lacking from our representative. We invite you to send us via PRIVATE response with any other questions you have, the best phone number, and your policy number. We'll have a supervisor contact you.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

Father had a policy that he took out and made all premiums. When he passed 4 years ago they asked for a bunch of information and denied the policy. I know that NY State ruled against them in Liverpool NY last year but never heard if they hired the 3rd party admin. They time frame it was for would be when my father passed but no news. I wouldn't get a policy with them.

Globe Life Insurance response

Ed, we're very sorry for the loss of your father and we send our sincere condolences to you and your family. We'd like to investigate your father's death claim further but ask if you could send us via PRIVATE response his name and policy #. We will have a supervisor contact you as soon as we've investigated why this claim wasn't paid. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and your family over the last few years.

Globe Life Insurance Company Information