2. Finance
  3. Life Insurance

3.7/5 (363 ratings)

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

About Globe Life Insurance

Globe Life offers life insurance products for adults and children with coverage amounts up to $50,000. The simple application process requires no medical exam or waiting period, and rates start as low as $3.49 per month for adults. The company charges only $1 for your first month, and it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

Pros

• No medical exam
    • 30-day money-back guarantee
    • Whole life policy for kids
    • $1 for first month

Cons

• Limited death benefits
    • Limited riders

Bottom Line

Globe Life Insurance is ideal for families and individuals. Customer reviews highlight the easy application process and affordable payments. It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, but it has limited death benefits.

Top Globe Life Insurance Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I called about my payment card. I had to have my bank to turn it off and go get another one. He told me that it was no problem and since my payment was already in process that we ...

Verified

Denise was very pleasant and helpful, I had questions that I’m sure she has been asked 100 times. Denise took her time to explain and was patient throughout the whole process. ......

What is Globe Life Insurance?

Globe Life sells life insurance with coverage up to $50,000 for adults and $30,000 for children. The Globe Life application process is simple, and the company does not require a medical exam. Globe Life offers online bill payment and a mobile app for easy access to your policy. The company also gives free quotes with minimal personal information.

Globe Life Insurance application process

To apply for Globe Life insurance, use the quote tool and choose any level of coverage (up to the maximum). The quote requires information such as your age, location, beneficiaries and medical history. Globe Life provides a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you change your mind. For more information or help with the application process, call a Globe Life customer service agent.

Globe Life Insurance policies and coverage

Globe Life has life insurance policies for adults and children. Policies for adults are available for those up to 75 at the time of sign-up; policies for children are available for those 25 or younger, though age restrictions for whole insurance policies for children may differ by state. Its children's life insurance can pay up to $30,000 in benefits. Globe Life’s life insurance for adults provides coverage amounts ranging from $5,000 to $50,000, and there’s no waiting period.

Globe Life Insurance rates

Healthy adults might pay as little as $3.49 per month for life insurance with Globe Life, though rates are likely to be higher depending on the coverage amount you select, as well as your age, income, location and health history. Families can pay as little as $2.17 per month for life insurance for children, though you might expect to pay between $5 to $14 per month for this type of coverage.

Globe Life does not require medical exams, but customers should answer honestly about their medical history when applying. During the application process, make sure to disclose any preexisting medical condition; otherwise, the company might not pay the death benefit.

Globe Life Insurance claims process

For Globe Life policyholders, the claims process differs depending on the policy underwriter. Visit the Globe Life website to begin a claim. Life insurance policies that aren’t yet two years old are considered “contestable,” with claims subject to review. Policies more than two years old are “incontestable” and will be paid upon receipt and examination of required documents.

Globe Life Insurance FAQ

Does Globe Life have a waiting period?
    No. Globe Life Insurance allows customers to buy any life insurance product and receive coverage immediately.
    Does Globe Life offer senior life insurance?
    Yes, senior life insurance is available for customers looking to cover final expenses associated with funeral costs, hospice care and other outstanding debts. This coverage option is ideal for older individuals who may not need extensive coverage.
    What can I do with the Globe Life app?
    Customers can complete the following tasks within the Globe Life app:
    • Pay a monthly bill
    • Set up payments for one-time expenses
    • Access and edit personal information
    • Monitor coverage
    • Review coverage and plan options
    • Interact with Globe Life on social media

Is Globe Life Insurance good?

Globe Life is a great option for families and individuals looking for affordable life insurance policies. The company covers children up to age 25 and adults up to age 75 (at the time of sign-up). With its low costs, 30-day money-back guarantee and no medical exam requirement, Globe Life gets our recommendation.

Globe Life Insurance Reviews

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I made a payment online and there was a problem. I received a kind letter reminding me of past due. However, my policy would stay active until I was able to make payment online or by phone. This was 10 days later after payment was due. They were very understanding of the issue I had with their system.

Globe Life Insurance response

Mark, thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We're happy our Globe Life representative was understanding and able to resolve your auto payment issue. Thank you for choosing Globe Life and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

They helped me out in making sure my loved one was taken care of in our time of sorrow, I was very worried that we wouldn't be able to lay her to rest respectfully but Globe Life made sure we did not have to stress about anything.

Globe Life Insurance response

Cecily, we send our sincere condolences to you and your family on the passing of your loved one. We pray for you and your family during this difficult time. We appreciate you and the trust you placed in Globe Life and we're honored that we were able to be there for you and your family when you needed us the most. Thank you for choosing Globe Life and God bless you and your family.

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Globe Life Insurance has a wonderful plan for grandparents to give for their grandkids. Representative was very pleasant. Answered all questions in a timely manner. She was a pleasure to speak to and work with.

Globe Life Insurance response

Esther, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with Globe Life. We’re happy our representative was pleasant and able to answer all your questions and provide you with the great service and coverage for your grandkids that you expect and deserve. We appreciate you reaching out to us and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Original review: July 16, 2021

Person on photo very pleasant, knowledgeable, and especially kind on the phone. The phone call went as expected very knowledgeable and experienced on the product, I would recommend any family and or friends to GlobeLife insurance.

Globe Life Insurance response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Roseanne! We're glad our representative was knowledgeable, pleasant, and kind while providing you with the excellent service you expect and deserve. We look forward to serving you in the future and we appreciate you choosing Globe Life!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

I called customer service to update my automatic withdraw payment method because I had closed my checking account and reopened a new one. The representative asked me for all my information then told me she was unable to process my request and would transfer me to another department that would complete my request...she transferred me back into queue for the same department I was in...so after waiting, the second representative did the same thing...asked for my new payment information which was a debit card, she placed me on hold and then came back saying she was having trouble processing it for some reason so I told her to hold on. I would go out to my truck and get my routing and account number, she responded that she couldn’t wait on me to go get my banking information...

I was a little upset at the response and as calm as I could, told her as I was walking out to my truck that it was very harsh of her to tell me that she couldn’t hold for me yet I had been very patient with her... She was silent... As I was getting my information she said, "Well I’m going to put you on hold while you do that so I can do other stuff I need to do..." needless to say I hung up. I called back and the third representative told me that I would have to call back Monday (5days later) to see if the update took but she wasn’t sure. I advised her the payment was due in 4 days. She said that would be fine but I would need to follow up and make sure the payment went thru.

My issue with this was that the first representative just handed me off to another because she did not know what to do...the. The second representative was impatient...unwilling to wait for me to get my account information even I waited on her and I had my debit card to begin with..and the third representative told me to callback and follow up instead of her making sure it was done properly. But now 2days later I receive an email from Globe Insurance asking for me to make a payment so I’m assuming the automatic drafts did not get setup as requested. Hmmm very poor customer service.

Globe Life Insurance response

Heather, we're very sorry to hear about the unacceptable service you received while trying to change your auto payment. We want to make sure we find a resolution as soon as possible. Please send us via PRIVATE response the name on the policy, if different from yours and your policy #. We'll have a representative contact you and hopefully resolve this issue to your satisfaction. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

It's been 39 days and still no payout, this is on a incontestable life policy. Call after call waiting on doctors' signatures. Death certificate took 15 days and then once the company had it it took them 17 days to acknowledge it was in their possession.

Globe Life Insurance response

Ryan, we're very sorry for the loss of your loved one and we send our sincere condolences to you and your family. We'd like to investigate this death claim further but need you to please send us via PRIVATE response your name, your loved one's name, the policy #, your phone #, and the best time to call you. We will have a supervisor contact you as soon as we've investigated why this claim hasn't been paid. We're so sorry for the inconvenience this has caused during this difficult and sad time.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Traveling abroad, got tied up by Covid, and needed to update information regarding my policy (which I didn't have with me). Customer service people sent my policy number, pointed me to the right website and gave me instructions on how to view/download it. One message each was all it took to get exactly what I needed.

Globe Life Insurance response

Craig, that’s what we’re here for! We’re happy to know we provided the best service possible! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we’re doing and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

Have not yet received my refund after a month. Was told I will receive my refund within 15 days. Every person I spoke with passed the buck. Never would have believed a well known company would be so petty and desperate to lie repeatedly.

Globe Life Insurance response

Tina, we apologize the service you received hasn't been completed in a timely manner. If you still haven't received your check, please send us via PRIVATE response the name on the policy, policy #, the best phone #, and time to contact you. We'll have a representative reach out as soon as we look into why you haven't received your refund. We apologize again for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

Very accommodating, knowledgeable, helpful, informative what to expect, what happens, who to call for help, when and how payments would be taken out. Paul did all the work for my husband and I. Very appreciative of all the guidance between whole life and term life.

Globe Life Insurance response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Melody! We're glad our representative was knowledgeable, helpful, and accommodating while providing you with the excellent service you expect and deserve. We look forward to serving you in the future and we appreciate you choosing Globe Life!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Great experience courtesy, knowledgeable, all questions answered with professional manner and 100%Satisfaction. With a variety of life and accidental plans. Costs of plans also vary to choose from for you and family members.

Globe Life Insurance response

We sincerely appreciate your feedback, John! Thank you for the trust you’ve placed in Globe Life for your family's financial protection. Providing our customers with the best possible service through knowledgeable and professional representatives is a top priority for us and we're happy you're a satisfied customer. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Take a Life Insurance Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Globe Life Insurance Company Information