Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates
  2. Finance
  3. Life Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.87/5

Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates

Globe Life Insurance Reviews

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

My mom purchased a $20,000 policy in 10/2017. She was dx with colon/rectal cancer a year later. She died 9/27/2019, which makes her 13 days shy of her 2 yr contestable period. So of course Globe Life wanted to investigate her medical history, this process has been extremely tough. I was given a contact person named Victor whom I didn't think cared that I lost my mom. It was business as usual for him. I asked that he not call me again, I was later assigned a new contact person “Latrice” I think....never heard a word, from her.

I called this week to check the status because the funeral home called me for payment and I was told I could not get any information from them that I was mailed some correspondence. I asked had the policy been denied she said, "Ma'am like I said you will receive some correspondence in the mail!" I think that is the craziest thing ever. If I need to start paying for my mother's burial they should let me know something! So irritating in such a horrible time! The holidays are already hard to deal with and now this! I don't have any money for a funeral.

Globe Life Insurance response

Jennifer, we're very sorry for the loss of your mom and we send our sincere condolences to you and your family. We'd like to investigate your mom's death claim further but need you to send us a PRIVATE response with your full name, your mom's name, the policy #, your phone number and the best time to call you. We will have a supervisor contact you as soon as we've investigated why this claim hasn't been paid. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused at this incredibly difficult time.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

My ex-husband left me as beneficiary to his life insurance policy. I am no longer his next of kin. He passed away September 17, 2019. I have now had three different life insurance representatives. I was paid part of the life insurance. The rest I was told would be investigated. My new representative Victor first last week told me to call the hospital and see if I could receive my ex-husband's medical records. Due to HIPAA laws I am unable to do so and a Life Insurance Representative should already know that. Today we spoke again he is sending paperwork for my ex-husband's mother to sign a release for medical records.

Victor told me if she refused to sign the records that I would not receive the rest of the insurance policy. Nowhere in the policy does it state that his mother would be required to do this. The death certificate I provided plainly says what he passed away from. I am unhappy with Victor and I want Globe Life to fix this issue. It is not my fault that HIPAA laws say I can not receive the medical records. If anyone from Globe life would reach me that would be great. My name is Rebecca ** and my phone is +**. I would like this issue revolved.

Globe Life Insurance response

Rebecca, we're very sorry for the loss of your ex-husband. We'd like to investigate this death claim further but need you to PRIVATE message us your name, your ex-husband's name, the policy #, your phone number and the best time to call you. We will have a supervisor contact you as soon as we've investigated why this claim hasn't been paid in full. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Resolution response: Dec. 12, 2019

I was finally able to reset my password and get into my account. Not sure how they fixed it but they did. Thank you Globe Life! Still a happy consumer.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I’ve been locked out of my online Globe Life account after 3 solid years of monthly payments. I’ve never had a problem with this before this month, December 2019. I made a payment online on December 3rd, 2019 and I didn’t receive a confirmation email like I usually do. I went to check my Globe Life account online and found that I had been locked out of it. When I enter my credentials it says the email and password doesn’t match the account. So I waited a couple of days and called customer service to see if they had received my payment and they said they didn’t have it recorded as being paid, and it hadn’t cleared the bank yet either, so I thought maybe I put the card number in wrong, so I paid it again on the telephone on December 5th and I still haven’t received a confirmation email about that payment either.

So I called them back today, December 9th 2019 and was told that they can’t help me with being locked out of my online account, and that I would have to submit a ticket to get help with tech support. I had already submitted a ticket on Friday, so they told me I should hear something from them today, but that didn’t happen. So I’ve submitted another ticket and I’m still waiting to hear something.

I can’t believe that a company the size of Globe Life Insurance doesn’t have a tech support number you can call. And where are the payments I’ve made? They don’t have a record of me even paying them over the phone. You would think that customer service would put it in the notes that I made an online payment as well as a payment over the phone, but there was nothing in the notes. And the service representative was apologetic, but couldn’t do anything for me. That’s just weird. Have they been hacked!? It’s not unheard of for a large company like this to be hacked. Or have they decided that since I’ve made payments for more than the 2 year period it takes to actually file a claim, that they are done with me? I need answers people!!

Globe Life Insurance response

Beverly, please accept our sincere apology for this payment and account issue. Customer satisfaction is a top priority for Globe Life and we're sorry your experience didn't reflect that. Please send us a PRIVATE Consumer Affairs response with your full name, policy number, phone number and the best time to contact you and we'll have a supervisor reach out to you for a resolution ASAP. We're very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I was sent information on a mortgage protection policy from another carrier, but they never replied back. I tried Globe asking for a mortgage protection policy with a 1st to die clause, so whichever of us were to die first the insurance from our policy would then cover the mortgage for the second. I was sent a policy which talks about the importance of mortgage protection, since I already knew that and asked for the policy I did not pay close attention and halfway through the policy it begins talking about accidental death and dismemberment instead.

We signed up anxious to get our policy and thinking we would then also get a quote and an explanation of our policy to be sure it was what we wanted. Instead, we received and AD&D policy and a month's premium for the policy was automatically deducted! When I called into the Globe Carrier to cancel the policy that was another hassle. I was told that I could not cancel the policy as the policy was my husband's only. We had signed up together for mortgage protection, so I should have been on the policy. This was exacerbated because my husband was just out of the hospital from surgery and did not want to talk to anyone, he wanted to rest and recover. I went online and canceled the policy, but that did not give us the policy we wanted, nor did it return the premium for the policy we did not want. It certainly used to be you had a right to cancel for 30 days after receiving your policy no questions asked.

I WOULD NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS CARRIER, THEY SEEM SNEAKY AND DISHONEST IN THE WAY THEY DO BUSINESS. It is underhanded to start a conversation even in written material talking about one kind of policy and then pull the old bait and switch and send a different policy altogether. There are plenty of other more honest carriers to chose from, use one of them, don't risk an automatic withdrawal, or that you will be paying and receiving something other than what you wanted.

Globe Life Insurance response

Kara, we are very sorry to learn of your experience and take claims of this nature very seriously. We invite you to send us a PRIVATE Consumer Affairs response with you and your husband's full name, policy number, phone number and the best time to contact you so that we can investigate this matter and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I bought Globe Life when my first granddaughter was born 23 years ago. I added 3 more policies for 3 more grandchildren. Every year when my policies came due they pushed for more coverage. The last 2 years they started billing me every six months. The second billing was for more coverage but the bill said in big red letters THIS IS YOUR BILL. In fact it was just another push. I am done with them. I WILL NOT PAY ANOTHER TERM FOR ANY OF MY GRANDKIDS to a company who just pushes more and more making it look like a regular bill.

Globe Life Insurance response

Hilda, please accept our sincere apology for this billing issue. Customer satisfaction is a top priority for Globe Life and if we've failed in this area we are very sorry. Please send us a Consumer Affairs PRIVATE response with your name, grandchildren's names, policy numbers, your phone number and the best time to contact you. We will have a supervisor reach out to you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Globe Life Insurance?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Updated on 12/13/2019: If the system would allow me to rate below one star, I would. Please see my previous review to better explain. I did receive a response from a customer care representative who asked for a good time to contact me in response to this issue. Needless to say, I provided two different days and no one contacted me during those days. Since then, I have contacted Globe Life numerous times. Today, I spoke with an Alasia who transferred me to a member of her management team, Desiree ** (I believe). Instead of reviewing said notes, I had to again state my loan request issue dating back to September. Now, I am being told, no change of ownership is listed on file. This is not true, as all other Globe representatives returned to phone after looking for said form and stated, "Yes you are correct. We have the form from 2011."

Today, I received a letter from Globe Life stating my policy loan is now fully paid. But there is a balance due consisting of accrued interest. WTH... I never deposited a loan check to accrue interest. The incorrect check which was sent to my attention was returned on November 5, 2019. I have tried to be very patient in this matter. Unfortunately, Ms. ** was not the proper person I should have been speaking with as she continued to make this out to be my issue and not Globe Life's. Can someone please contact me from this company as I have now spoken to the following members regarding this issue: Desiree, Alasia, Tierra, Kelsie, Amerie, Chris, Jenny, Stephanie, and Rachel. Unfortunately, Ms. Desiree ** is now stating that all nine team members were incorrect in speaking with me as SHE cannot locate an ownership form on file even though all nine members were able to do so. Thank you. Lorie

Original Review: Many years ago I purchased a policy when my son (now 30 years of age) was very small. Upon turning 21 we elected to keep his mom as the owner of policy since he was not yet responsible for payments. This past October 2019, I decided to borrow the cash value for an emergency. Upon contacting Globe, was informed loan value amount was over $850.00. I requested $850.00. On 10-04-2019, the check I received was for an incorrect amount and was made payable to the insured instead of the owner. I have contacted Globe Life a little over 9x's to try to rectify this issue. The first week their systems were down and could not provide any assistance.

Afterwards, have spoken with several members of Globe including Supervisors/Managers who would only state, they would call you back but never do. I was able to reach a team member who instructed me to return check (to accounting team) along with a short letter. Said letter and check was sent on November 5, 2019. As per November 25, 2019 check is not showing as received. Spoke again with a member of their management team who stated would call me within 2 days and place stop payment on said check.

Well, today is December 2nd and to date, no phone calls from Globe. Actually, I have now been on hold for approximately 20 minutes and no response. I pray I never need to use this policy for a death benefit as I am now worried purchasing this policy was a waste of my time and premiums. This process of requesting a loan has now taken almost 60 days due to an error on Globe Life's part, not mine. I am glad I also had enough sense to purchase a policy from Gerber Life too. I have never received the level of poor customer service with Gerber Life as I am witnessing with Globe Life. Just spoke with a team member. The check was supposedly received by Globe Life on November 25th, the same day I last spoke with a supervisor. Was informed I would now have to wait another 25 days approximately. This is utterly and totally ridiculous. Thank you.

Globe Life Insurance response

Lorie, we're very sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation with your cash value loan check. We want to make sure that this is now being taken care of in a more timely manner. Please send us your name, your son's name, policy #, the reason for your inquiry, phone # and the best time to contact you to feedback@globelifeins.com. We'll look into the reason for your check delay. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and we look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

I contacted Globe to inquire about an insurance policy. I answered all questions honestly and they told me they would contact me in 7 to 10 days. 4 weeks later I hadn't heard anything. I called and they turned me down. It's not so much not qualifying for coverage. It is the fact that if they had notified me in a timely manner I could have been searching elsewhere for coverage.

Globe Life Insurance response

William, we sincerely apologize that the news you received regarding not qualifying for Globe Life coverage wasn't completed in a timely manner. Your experience isn't representative of our Globe Life service and we apologize. Listening to your feedback will allow us to improve our processes and make sure this situation doesn't happen again. We're very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I have called 5 times asking the cash value of my policy. I was told my policy had to be archived to call back in a few weeks, I did and the next time I called was told their computers were down, next time was told they are updating their computers. The fourth time I called I was told a Supervisor would call me back in 3 days and that did not happen. The fifth time I called I was sent to a voicemail to the Recovery Department and was told someone would call me back in 2 hours. That was last week and still no call back. My mother has paid into this policy for 13 years and this is what I get in return. I will be calling back next week yet again but probably with no response. I wouldn't recommend Globe Life to anyone and to think all I needed was a cash value on my policy.

Globe Life Insurance response

Tina, we sincerely apologize the service you received hasn't been completed in a timely manner. We did have a major system outage recently that has affected many aspects of our customer service. If you still haven't received your cash value information please send us your name, policy number, phone number, the reason for your inquiry and the best time to contact you at CS@globelifeins.com. We'll have a supervisor contact you as soon as possible with that information.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Kept putting me on hold, than transferring me, only after many requests, by email and by phone, did they finally do what I had requested. All I asked for was to cancel a policy out, but took many requests, and the reps did not know what they were doing.

Globe Life Insurance response

Sue, we apologize that your recent interaction with Globe Life didn't provide you with the service you expect or deserve. One of our top priorities is providing our customers with exceptional service and we're sorry we didn't deliver that to you. Thank you for reaching out to Globe Life because listening to your feedback will help us improve our process of securing financial protection to our customers.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Really Bad Experience. My Mother has been paying monthly for a burial policy for me since I was 21. I am now a 66 year old woman trying to surrender this policy and Globe is the worst company customer service I have ever experienced. This is now Nov 20, 2019 and I have no cash or any communication updating me on the status of my policy. I received a letter from Globe asking if I wanted to surrender this policy for cash - I did. On Oct 18, 2019 I emailed them as instructed: my mother's death certificate, my birth certificate and a handwritten letter with my signature requesting my money. I received an email from Globe saying they had received these documents and to call their number to surrender. When I called the gentleman told me it takes time to scan in my documents and to wait 10 days. I did.

For over a business week I was told that their computers were down and they could not check the status. Yesterday after requesting a manager I was told the check was mailed on the 28th of October regular mail (that would be 24 days ago!) without so much as an email to tell me it was coming. Now they say it was lost in the mail and I have to wait 30 days to reissue. When they say these policies will save money for your child's future they are optimistic. I would say only if your child has weeks and weeks to try and cash it in and Good Luck.

Globe Life Insurance response

Claire, we apologize the service you received hasn't been completed in a timely manner. Providing our customers with excellent service is a top priority for Globe Life and we apologize that we didn't deliver the service you deserve and expect. So that we can look into this, please send us a private response with your full name, policy number, phone number and the best time to contact you. We'll have a representative contact you. We're very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Globe Life Insurance Company Information