3.8/5 (746 ratings)

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

About Globe Life Insurance

Globe Life offers life insurance products for adults and children with coverage amounts up to $50,000. The simple application process requires no medical exam or waiting period, and rates start as low as $3.49 per month for adults. The company charges only $1 for your first month, and it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

Pros

• No medical exam
    • 30-day money-back guarantee
    • Whole life policy for kids
    • $1 for first month

Cons

• Limited death benefits
    • Limited riders

Bottom Line

Globe Life Insurance is ideal for families and individuals. Customer reviews highlight the easy application process and affordable payments. It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, but it has limited death benefits.

Globe Life Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Globe Life Insurance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Globe Life Insurance?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

I called to complain about Globe Life's awful policy service. In this case, the young lady was patient and allowed me to vent. I give her kudos. I know it was not her that failed us but those in Policy Service and I reiterated several times that I appreciated her listening. I am taking my six policies from Globe Life. It is patently obvious that the company cares about nothing but getting their premiums. When it comes to the simplest tasks that require editing items on my policy, they fail repeatedly. However, in this instance, I cannot fault the representative for her time and that's why I rate 'Good,' here rather than 'Average" - at best.

Globe Life Insurance response

Stan, while we're happy you were satisfied with your recent interaction with Globe Life we apologize we didn't provide you with the service you expect or deserve in other instances. We're disappointed that we've lost your trust and your business and will use this unfortunate situation to improve our process of assisting our customers and policyholders. Thank you for taking the time to let us know where improvement is needed and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

I've had the same policy over 10 years for my aging mom. Each time I call them to inquire about something I need to be mailed it's promised and NEVER delivered. My email and address are 100% correct but nothing ever is delivered, not even to spam. When speaking to managers they are rude, will not provide their last names so that I can follow-up when what I need isn't delivered. I keep receiving a survey on inquiries NOT fulfilled. How hard is it to receive a copy of your policy? It's been over a month and 5 phone calls of promises.

Globe Life Insurance response

Lynette, we're very sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation with your mom's policy and the inefficiency of our service. If you could please send us via PRIVATE response your full name, your mom's name, policy #, phone #, and the best time to contact you. We'll have a representative contact you and resolve this issue to your satisfaction. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

I've been with the company 8 plus years. I'm older so I want to surrender my policy on my grandson so 30 days the check hasn't arrived so I called. Now I'm waiting to see what happened. Seems like they would have sent another FedEx but I'm waiting.

Globe Life Insurance response

Christine, please accept our sincere apology for this policy cash-out issue. The situation you described is unacceptable and not indicative of the timeline to send you a check. If this issue is still unresolved please send us via PRIVATE response your full name, policy #, phone #, and the best time to contact you. We’ll have a supervisor reach out to you for a resolution. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

I've been with Globe Life Insurance since 1983, had my 4 children, 2 grandchildren and myself. For the last 3 years, my policy keep decreasing and the amount of my payment keep increasing. At the rate they are charging me I may as well keep my payment in the bank for my funeral and my children/grandchildren because the longer you live the more your policy decrease and you can't get anyone on the phone anymore, so I'm done with this company. It's too many other company that will love to have my business.

Globe Life Insurance response

Annie, we apologize that our Globe Life coverage isn't meeting your expectations. Our top priority is providing various types of affordable financial coverage to our customers and we're sorry to hear of your situation. If you would please send us via PRIVATE response your name, the affected policy #'s, names on the policies, and the best contact number. We'll have a representative contact you and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

I received an email about one of my policies lapsing, when payments are automatically deducted. The woman was hardly interested in answering my questions and quite rude. I was unable to get the situation resolved at the time of the call and have since got a new policy with another company.

Globe Life Insurance response

Traci, please accept our sincere apology for this policy issue. The situation you described is unacceptable and not indicative of the way we do business. If this issue is still unresolved please send us via PRIVATE response your full name, policy #, phone #, and the best time to contact you. We’ll have a supervisor reach out to you for a resolution. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

Being told a decision was made. Claim completed. Like this is a crap shoot. I am the owner of a policy and paid approx. 3 thousand more than the face value of the 30 thousand paid. My mother passed at 87 and the manner of what they said is not acceptable.

Globe Life Insurance response

Gary, we're very sorry for the loss of your mother and we send our sincere condolences to you and your family. We'd like to investigate her death claim further but need you to please send via PRIVATE response your full name, your mother's name, the policy #, your phone #, and the best time to call you. We'll have a supervisor contact you as soon as we've investigated why this claim hasn't been paid. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you during this difficult time.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I own 2 policy for myself as of 8/10/2022. Purchased policies for kids (3) in December 2021. Called within a few weeks to cancel and asked for refund. I was told to put in writing etc, mail it in. Upon receiving requested document I will be refunded via check. I did as instructed. Put in mail on 12/27/21. Spoke with them 3 times up until July 2022 last time contacting them I was told they see it was canceled yet they had no reason to why I haven’t gotten my refund. And refused to inform of when I will get refunded. To date I still haven’t got my money that they got for policies. As 8/10/2022 I will like my refund as it’s approaching a Year since this took place. Very Unacceptable to a customer of 23 years. Unfair to anyone.

Globe Life Insurance response

Robert, please accept our sincere apology for this cancelation and refund issue. The situation you described is unacceptable and not indicative of the way we do business. If this issue is still unresolved please send us via PRIVATE response your full name, names on the policies, policy #'s, phone #, and the best time to contact you. We’ll have a supervisor reach out to you for a resolution. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

I took a life policy out on my grandson when he was a few months. I never thought I would use the policy. I never thought we would lose him at the age of 19. A parent and grandparents' worse nightmare. I am so thankful to Globe Life. We could not have taken care of him without the policy. The funeral cost were paid very quickly with no stress of me handling anything and I could stay focused on what needed done. Thank you from all of us.

Globe Life Insurance response

Kathy, we send our sincere condolences to you and your family on the passing of your grandson. We pray for you and your family during this extremely difficult time. We appreciate you and the trust you placed in Globe Life and we're honored that we were able to be there for you and your family when you needed us the most. Thank you for choosing Globe Life and God bless you and your family.

Resolution response: Aug. 7, 2022

After ten requests and verifications = Finally I do believe Globe Life Management will accept my surrender of my 4 grandchildren's Juvenile Whole Life Insurance College Savings Account Policies and will mail a check NLT 15 days. That is Good!

Original review: July 28, 2022

Updated on 08/23/2022: After eight requests in 4 months I still have one grandchild's policy that I surrendered as policyholder that I have not received. I have contacted Globe Life Juvenile whole life policy customer service eight times. ¿Why no check to me?

Updated on 07/29/2022: A a 12year Globe Life Juvenile Whole Life Policy Holder I am now getting help from Consumer Affairs independent Agency for Reviewing and attempting to moderate issues with Customers and Insurance providers. Thank you! Globe Life Insurance moved from Oklahoma to North Central Texas to help provide better service to her 3.5 million "valued" customers. BUT I have been attempting to cancel and "Cash"' in my 4 Grandchildren's College Savings Juvenile Whole Life Policies for over 30 days and only received 1 follow up call from Globe Life Management today (Friday 29 July 2022 at 10:30am PST) with a promise from Management to send me an Email (now 5pm PST) concerning Resolution of my original request.

I have provided the DOB, ADDRESSES, PHONE #S, etc, etc of my 4 Policies 7 times to Customer Service and now Management is reviewing the same 4 individual Policies info. and are now requesting by FAX "in writing" with my requested SSN (which I provided happily) and my USPS verified USA address. BUT BUT I cannot FAX because Mexico, where I am serving on Humanitarian (non pay status) Relief for COVID19, cannot FAX to a USA phone #. Therefore Consumer Affairs Please Please help me get a Positive Response from Globe Life Management via my Email: ** as to if and when I might receive a Policy Cancellation and details as to what Cash check I might receive at **? Thank You - Dr. Roger ** (aged 75+) Phone: **. Yours for a Resolution and an improved star ⭐ rating for Globe Life Worldwide Insurance Company.

Original Review: I used Globe Life App plus emailed cs@globelifeins.com 5 times over a period of 2 weeks in July 2022 for relief in changing my email so I would not be caught off guard in my AutoPay from my Checking Account as Policy Holder; Plus I asked values of my 4 grandchildren's policies purchased at Birth. Globe Life Insurance has been withdrawing for over 10 years. But Globe Life Customer Service will not call nor email me with answers. Maybe Customer Service will respond to my "negative review" thru Consumer Affairs. Thank You for hearing complaint. Dr. Roger **

Globe Life Insurance response

Dr. Roger, we're very sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation and the inefficiency of our service. If you could please send us via PRIVATE response your full name, policy #'s, phone #, and the best time to contact you. We'll have a representative contact you and resolve this issue to your satisfaction. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Original review: July 28, 2022

Globe Life Insurance cares about your life. They are friendly, professional and offer great prices for term and whole life insurance. Everyone needs to call and see their rates for introductory polices.

Globe Life Insurance response

Randolph, thank you for reaching out to Globe Life! We’re glad we delivered the excellent service you deserve and expect. We sincerely appreciate you choosing Globe Life.

Original review: July 25, 2022

I talked with a representative on behalf of my mother and I knew they would need a copy of my POA. I faxed it & waited 1 month the process to be on file. Only to call and find out they would not acknowledge it. Stating they need proof of why I'm speaking on behalf of my mother. I wasted an entire month. The rep. Should have told me they needed proof when I called the first time. I asked if her diagnosis from her physician is what they need and was told only the legal department could determine that. I'm not real happy with this. My mother has dementia and is in a nursing facility.

Globe Life Insurance response

Sharon, please accept our sincere apology for your mother's policy issue. The situation you described is unacceptable and not indicative of the way we do business. If this issue is still unresolved please send us via PRIVATE response your full name, your mother's name, her policy #, phone #, and the best time to contact you. We’ll have a supervisor reach out to you for a resolution. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Original review: July 18, 2022

I tried to make 2 months payment but they debited my account for 3 months and I’m on a fixed income and that put me in trouble with my bank. I called customer service and was hung up on, emailed them and it was refused.

Globe Life Insurance response

Melanie, we're very sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation with your payment and the inefficiency of our service. If you could please send us via PRIVATE response your full name, your policy #, phone #, and the best time to contact you. We'll have a representative contact you and hopefully resolve this issue to your satisfaction. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Original review: July 13, 2022

Globe Life Insurance company has so many employees that no one tells the same story about the insurance they sell. I finally canceled my insurance, but when they took money out of my checking account, I called them to find out why my insurance wasn't cancelled, and money had been taken out of my checking account. I had to cancel it again, but I have no idea when they will send back the money they took out of my account.

Globe Life Insurance response

David, please accept our sincere apology for this cancelation issue. The situation you described is unacceptable and not indicative of the way we do business. If this issue is still unresolved please send us via PRIVATE response your full name, policy #, phone #, and the best time to contact you. We’ll have a supervisor reach out to you for a resolution. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Original review: July 12, 2022

Updated on 07/24/2022: I have spoken with several people in the departments I have been transferred to and spent hours of telephone time trying to get resolved the problems I've run into trying to obtain the surrender value on my grandson's insurance policy. I've been told that the matter is resolved and yet I still receive notices that the premiums are past due and the policy is in danger of lapsing! What on earth, with all this electronic capability, does it take to connect the systems to tell each other what is going on with a person's policy?! Make one "hand talk to the other," so to speak? I've made a screen shot of the mail notice I received today of what to expect in my mail tomorrow, in order to maintain a record of this horrible process. If the US Postal Service can let me know about my mail before I even receive it, what is it that stops the insurance company from talking to their own departments to avoid harassing policy holders with bad notices??

Original Review: Insurance policy was surrendered for Per Globe instructions. The request was sent in April 2022. Globe keeps sending me bills and now say his policy has lapsed! After more than two months for the resolution of the issue I complained through their online form similar to this and have a screen clipping of the submission. I continue to receive bills now a lapse notice to pay four months of insurance to reinstate the policy. I can't even imagine what in the world would have happened if he'd been killed and we were trying to bury him!!

I have been with this company for over 20 years with my own policy only to learn that it no longer covers me come January 2023 and cannot recover one red cent!! I've had to buy another type of policy that cost over one hundred ten dollars per month just to make sure I can be buried when the time comes. I just want them to pay my grandson the surrender value of his policy and they’re refusing to honor the request and pay back at least some portion paid my own policy over all these years.

Globe Life Insurance response

Lillian, we're very sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation with your policy surrender request and the inefficiency of our service. If you could please send us via PRIVATE response the full name on the policy, policy #, phone #, and the best time to contact you. We'll have a representative contact you and resolve this issue to your satisfaction. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Original review: July 12, 2022

Unable to get clear, accurate timely answers from claims customer service after a series of security questions were answered correctly. One simple question…what is the actual final status payout to the provider and I the beneficiary?

Globe Life Insurance response

Tyrone, we're very sorry for this unacceptable lack of service. We'd like to investigate this claim further but need you to please send via PRIVATE response your full name, the name on the policy, the policy #, your phone #, and the best time to call you. We'll have a supervisor contact you as soon as we've investigated why this claim hasn't been paid. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Original review: July 6, 2022

Had three valid claims in two years. All claims were met with resistance and outside resources assistance had to be obtained to get claims paid. To date one still has not been paid. Waiting patiently for check with bills mounting.

Globe Life Insurance response

Debora, we sincerely apologize that you've had difficulty with our claim process. If you could send us via PRIVATE response the full name on the policy, the policy # that hasn't been paid, your phone #, and the best time to call you. We'll have a supervisor contact you as soon as we've investigated why this claim hasn't been paid. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Original review: June 22, 2022

My son died 12/5/21 in an auto accident. Globe has spent all this time trying to find a way NOT to pay the claim, holding onto it for a past urgent care visit that has nothing to do with my son’s manner and cause of death. I’m considering canceling my other 2 policies because this is causing me extra anxiety. I’ve paid out of pocket everything this insurance should have covered.

Globe Life Insurance response

Traci, we're very sorry for the tragic loss of your son and we send our sincere condolences to you and your family. We'd like to investigate his death claim further but need you to please send via PRIVATE response your full name, your son's name, the policy #, your phone #, and the best time to call you. We'll have a supervisor contact you as soon as we've investigated why this claim hasn't been paid. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you during this difficult and sad time.

Original review: June 20, 2022

Had to change some grand child policy. Emmanuel ** was not able To enter data in online account. Also wanted to increase life insurance by $5000. Agent was able to help me to get policy on online account and to increase life insurance by additional $5000!

Globe Life Insurance response

Hector, that’s what we’re here for! We’re happy to know we’re providing the best service possible! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we’re doing.

Original review: June 9, 2022

Get mail constantly to upgrade coverage. The most annoying are for adding children. I don't have children. After deciding to upgrade, which referred to website to apply, got a email to contact Globe Life about application. Went through the whole thing about my contacting Globe Life to talk to the proper agent. After being asked questions twice since several agents involved now. Was assured of my upgrade. Get letter from Globe Life about how my request was denied. Wish I hadn't got Globe Life insurance!

Globe Life Insurance response

John, we're very sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation with the unwanted policy upgrade requests and the inefficiency of our service. If you could please send us via PRIVATE response your full name, policy #, phone #, and the best time to contact you. We'll have a representative contact you and resolve this issue to your satisfaction. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Original review: June 8, 2022

Quick, easy. Individual was personable and caring. Knowledgeable on the information I was seeking and provided me with the precise documents I requested. She was also cautious about my identity information. I believe all the necessary questions were asked of me.

Globe Life Insurance response

Josephine, thank you for reaching out to Globe Life! We’re glad we delivered the excellent service you deserve and expect. We sincerely appreciate you choosing Globe Life.

Original review: June 2, 2022

I've been paying life insurance with them for over a decade, I started at 22 and I'm now 34. They lapse my account and kept lying for over 6 months that they sent me a document to fix the issue and I've called countless times and never received that document. All my hard working money I paid, went down the drain.

Globe Life Insurance response

We're very sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation with your policy. If you could please send us via PRIVATE response your full name, your policy #, your phone #, and the best time to contact you. We'll have a representative contact you and hopefully resolve this issue to your satisfaction. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Original review: May 24, 2022

Waiting 20 minutes to speak with a live agent, once on the phone she put me on hold to find out some information that I felt she should have known since she works there. After 3 minutes she hung, had to call back and wait another 20 minutes. Still didn't get what I needed done! Please train your workers.

Globe Life Insurance response

LaNesia, please accept our sincere apology for this inefficient issue. The situation you described is unacceptable and not indicative of the way we do business. If this issue is still unresolved please send us via PRIVATE response your full name, policy #, phone #, and the best time to contact you. We’ll have a supervisor reach out to you for a resolution. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Original review: May 19, 2022

Have not answered back in over a year - I wanted to change my insurance. I asked for a refund for all of the money I put in for over a years. They finally sent me a email saying they are keeping the money for the hard work they did. SCAM. DO NOT PUT YOUR MONEY INTO THIS SCAM.

Globe Life Insurance response

James, we're very sorry to hear about the situation with your policy and the inefficiency of our service. If you could please send us via PRIVATE response the full name on your policy, policy #, phone #, and the best time to contact you. We'll have a representative contact you after looking into this policy issue. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Original review: May 19, 2022

Updated on 06/29/2022: I have been arguing with Globe for nearly 7 months on a claim... Each customer service person tells me a different story... There needs to be communication at this place of business and why does it take 7 months to pay out a claim.. And I was told a supervisor would call me and that hasn't happened either... I would not and will not recommend.. There are times I'm on hold for 8 to 10minutes at a time.. This is unacceptable.

Original: I have been fighting with Globe Life for almost 6 months on my daughter's death claim.. they have continued to put up obstacles in my way I have had all the medical records sent and have the confirmation and proof that they were sent but they still say they haven't got them.. and every time I call somebody tells me something different and I'm very tired of it they are incompetent.. I would not suggest this life insurance to anyone.

Globe Life Insurance response

Leigh, we're very sorry for the loss of your daughter and we send our sincere condolences to you and your family. We'd like to investigate her death claim further but need you to please send via PRIVATE response your full name, your daughter's name, the policy #, your phone #, and the best time to call you. We'll have a supervisor contact you as soon as we've investigated why this claim hasn't been paid. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you during this difficult and sad time.

Original review: May 17, 2022

My mother passed on March 5th 2022 and they haven't paid her life insurance that was current and it's May 17th. Thank God the funeral home director was kind enough to let my mother come home without being paid. Whenever I call I've gotten five different answers and nobody can answer me anything. I'm supposed to get a call back and get no call back multiple times.

Globe Life Insurance response

Chaz, we're very sorry for the loss of your mother and we send our sincere condolences to you and your family. We'd like to investigate her death claim further but need you to please send via PRIVATE response your full name, your mother's name, the policy #, your phone #, and the best time to call you. We'll have a supervisor contact you as soon as we've investigated why this claim hasn't been paid. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you during this difficult and sad time.

Original review: May 11, 2022

Their phone lines, apps and online portals are defective. Can’t speak to a live representative. They are unresponsive and clueless. It takes months to get anything addressed. When I finally get in contact with a live representative. They are unprofessional and do not conduct business accurately.

Globe Life Insurance response

Lanita, we're very sorry that our Globe Life service didn't meet your expectations or ours. If you could please send us via PRIVATE Response your full name, the policy #, phone #, and the best time to contact you. We'll have a representative contact you and resolve the issue to your satisfaction. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Original review: May 11, 2022

Updated on 05/24/2022: I've been attempting to surrender my Life Ins Policy since the first few days of March. I've made 7 or 8 phone calls. And two certified letters with return receipt. I've gotten no help. All I've got are excuses, Pass the buck, blame other empoyees, Kick the can down the road. Just **. I've got a FAKE apolgy and assured it would be taken care of right away.. Well 2 weeks later still no results.. So if anyone thinks they will get their life Ins Burial money you can FORGET IT.. Maybe a year later. People think long and hard before doing business with GLOBE.. They are not doing me right. You would be no different..

Original Review: I've been attempting to surrender my policy and each time I get more things to due and after 60 plus days they say I have not filled out a form. After 60 days and 10 emails they say this now. MORE **.. I will be canceling my granddaughter's policy and buying it elsewhere. I do not recommend G

Globe Life Insurance response

William, please accept our sincere apology for this surrender issue. The situation you described is unacceptable and not indicative of the way we do business. If this issue is still unresolved please send us via PRIVATE response your full name, policy #, phone #, and the best time to contact you. We’ll have a supervisor reach out to you for a resolution. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Original review: May 9, 2022

Letter was sent 4/20/2022 inquiring about the cash value of policy #** and requested required paperwork to obtain cash value, have not received a reply! After no response to the letter, logged to the website a few days ago and have had no response to that either???

Globe Life Insurance response

Margarete, we're very sorry to hear about the situation with the cash value in your policy and the inefficiency of our service. If you could please send us via PRIVATE response your full name, your son's name, policy #, phone #, and the best time to contact you. We'll have a representative contact you and resolve this issue to your satisfaction. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Original review: May 9, 2022

Quite a few: I was closing the Life Insurance of both my Children, being they are grown and have their own policies. When surrendering my son's policy (military of 25 years), they sent me a letter of how much I was to receive and instead, sent me a lot less! When calling and speaking with someone, she mentioned they must have made a mistake and I requested of how they came to the amount to send me. I never received any response yet (months later). I wrote to them and still to this day..., nothing.

Back in 2011, when my daughter's father passed away, he purchased a policy with our daughter as a beneficiary. At the time, my daughter was underage to take care of the matter and in my doing so, it appears I had no right in doing so. It was also brought to my attention, that he didn't have the policy long enough! What does the time have to do after all, he has paid premiums and he did not plan his death by having his heart attack. The way I see it, there's nothing I would want to do with Globe and I make sure I tell people don't purchase their Insurance because to me, they're nothing but a rip-off, and I didn't appreciate of my daughter not only losing her father, but not to compensate anything from the policy he purchased.

Globe Life Insurance response

Joni, we're very sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation with your son's policy and the inefficiency of our service. If you could please send us via PRIVATE response your full name, your son's name, policy #, phone #, and the best time to contact you. We'll have a representative contact you and resolve this issue to your satisfaction. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Original review: May 4, 2022

I just realized that they have been taking more out of my account than they should be because it was set up as auto pay and I wasn't monitoring it because I never thought they would do that until I realized last week that the payment was already deducted from my account so I called them. Of course they declined so I had auto pay shut off.

Globe Life Insurance response

Brian, we're very sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation with your policy payment issue and the inefficiency of our service. We want to look into your issue but need more information. If you could please send us via PRIVATE response your full name, policy #, phone #, and the best time to contact you. We'll have a representative contact you and resolve this issue to your satisfaction. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Globe Life Insurance Company Information