2. Finance
  3. Life Insurance

3.7/5 (397 ratings)

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

About Globe Life Insurance

Globe Life offers life insurance products for adults and children with coverage amounts up to $50,000. The simple application process requires no medical exam or waiting period, and rates start as low as $3.49 per month for adults. The company charges only $1 for your first month, and it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

Pros

• No medical exam
    • 30-day money-back guarantee
    • Whole life policy for kids
    • $1 for first month

Cons

• Limited death benefits
    • Limited riders

Bottom Line

Globe Life Insurance is ideal for families and individuals. Customer reviews highlight the easy application process and affordable payments. It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, but it has limited death benefits.

Globe Life Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Globe Life Insurance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Globe Life Insurance?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
    Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Way too slow for this type of situation. My mother passed August 22, I filed the claim on Aug 30. Was told it was processed on Sept 9, it's now Oct 4, and nothing still. Stay away from Globe Life. To me, this is unacceptable during a time of loss of a loved one. This is ridiculous.

Globe Life Insurance response

Joseph, we're very sorry for the loss of your mother and we send our sincere condolences to you and your family. We'd like to investigate your mother's death claim further but need you to send us via PRIVATE response your name, your mother's name, the policy #, your phone #, and the best time to contact you. We will have a supervisor contact you as soon as we've investigated why this claim hasn't been paid. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you during a difficult and sad time.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

For years they have been reliable and professional. No over sales or constant interruptions by phone or email. Just a few friendly reminders a year that they are available to fulfill our insurance needs for the entire family.

Globe Life Insurance response

Paul, thank you for your feedback regarding Globe Life! We appreciate you allowing us to provide you with the life insurance protection that best fits your family's needs. Thank you for choosing Globe Life and we look forward to providing you with the excellent service you deserve and expect!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I called listening to menus, followed instructions and spoke to a person. Representative was polite, professional and answered my request for copies of policy. Was told should be received 5 to 7 days. Made payment, received confirmation and concluded our call.

Globe Life Insurance response

Patrick, thank you for letting us know how we're doing. We sincerely appreciate you and the trust you’ve placed in our company for your family's financial protection. Our goal is to always provide polite, and professional service to our customers and policyholders and we're glad your experience reflected that. Please let us know if we can be of further help to you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

My wife and I had policies with this company and when we cancelled both policies they continued to take the auto-payment from our bank account for one policy, refusing to refund it even though the supervisor we talked to told us that both policies were cancelled. They did say that we could wait for a month or longer to receive a refund. Their incompetence should not inconvenience their customers to this extent.

Globe Life Insurance response

David, we apologize your refund hasn't been completed in a timely manner. Providing our customers with excellent service is a top priority for Globe Life and we apologize that we didn't deliver the service you deserve and expect. If you still haven't received your refund, please send us via PRIVATE response your full name, policy #, phone #, and the best time to contact you. We'll have a supervisor contact you.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

About 15 years ago my wife purchased a life insurance policy for me in the amount of $30,000. I have been paying on it religiously for all these years. Now that I turned 56 my premium went up from $139 every 3 months to $175 every 3 months. I called them to find out why. As it turns out it's what they call a term life policy which means every 5 years it goes up.

I haven't noticed this in all the years I've been paying them and all the thousands that I spent on this policy. But the bottom line is as you get older the monthly premium goes up so when you get to be retiring age and also getting closer to death you can't afford to pay the premium out of your piddly little social security check that you have to try to survive on so you have no choice but to drop your policy and all the thousands you paid into it are just free money to them. I feel it's one of the biggest scams out there scamming the elderly. When you buy the policy you think you're planning for your future but by the time the future gets here you realize you just threw away a whole bunch of money that you could have just put in the bank and it would have been there when you died.

Globe Life Insurance response

Martin, we sincerely apologize that our Globe Life coverage didn't meet your expectations. Our top priority is providing various types of affordable financial coverage to our customers and we're sorry this was your experience. If you still have questions regarding your policy or coverage please send us via PRIVATE response your full name, policy #, phone #, and we'll have a representative reach out to you.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021
    I gave them a 1 rating because since January, when my father passed, they’ve been giving me the runaround and a hard time. What I would say to a friend that consider getting Globe Life, no. Don’t even think about it. Don’t do it. They’re not good at customer service. They lie. They tell you what they think you want to hear, and then do totally different. My father died, he had a $20,000 policy, and he thought everything was good. They’re trying to hold me because they said I didn’t disclose information about his medical, that I didn’t know. And the one I did know, the dementia, I mentioned to them. And they decide to send me what they wanted to send me. First they wouldn’t send me anything, and then they send me something else. It’s the biggest rip-off scam that’s going on with these insurance companies. So, for that, I would give a 1. And furthermore, what I would tell a friend if I really care about them, don’t deal with them at all. I’m done.
    Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

This company does not keep their books in order. I called to check on my 4 policies and we made a beneficiary change months after we got the policy in 2016 and they still had the information wrong. Online when I pulled up my account it showed correctly but when I call In the reps don't know anything. That's not good, we are talking about life insurance. If something happens I don't want my family scrambling or believing the incompetent customer service reps.

Globe Life Insurance response

Leslie, while we're glad your beneficiary information was correct online we apologize that our representative didn't have the correct information during the customer service call. If you feel this is still unresolved we invite you to email us at Globewebmgmt@globe.life with your policy details and we'll confirm it is correct. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

I appreciate the person I worked with to begin the application process. They were most helpful and had ready answers to all of my questions. While I have not heard back regarding a final approval, I am very pleased with the process thus far.

Globe Life Insurance response

Thank you for your review! Our goal is always to provide affordable financial protection through a process that's simple and easy for our valued customers. Your satisfaction is our top priority and we hope to serve you for years to come.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Jimmy was exceptional, professional and very knowledgeable. He made the whole process easy and pleasant. It was truly a pleasure speaking with him. I will gladly recommend this company to my friends and family.

Globe Life Insurance response

Lorrie, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with Globe Life! We’re happy our representative was professional and knowledgeable while helping you decide what's best for your family. We appreciate you choosing Globe Life and we look forward to serving you and your family in the future!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Hello. My name is Sherie **. In October of 2019 I decided to get a insurance policy for our mother not knowing that she was sick. Our mother was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer in December 5, 2020. Since the day we found out I took it upon myself to take care of our mother. While caring for our mother in and out the hospital and also my own family, I ended up getting Covid in January for a month. I lost my job of 9 years March 26, 2021. The day after that March 27, 2021 our mother was hospitalized, she was released April 5, 2021, and passed away April 7, 2021. I did not realize that the insurance policy had to be in place for 2 years in order to be claimed.

With that being said my family had to come up with money for a service for our mother. My sisters and I are still grieving, on top of needing to pay our bills and payback people for our mother's funeral service. Two of my sisters had to be off work for anxiety and depression. We all have been so stressed we can't function in our daily lives. I turned in all the documents that you all (Globe) have asked for May 19, 2021 and since then I have been getting the run-around. I know that it's a process but it doesn't take 4 months to get and review paperwork. Our mother's medical records sat on someone's desk for a month before it was sent off. I feel as if the company (Globe) is hoping that we forget about it.

I have called every week and keep getting the same answer from the customer service representatives @ GLOBE (Charlie, Julia, and Michael) say they are waiting on the records department. I called the records department (AI records) and they (Alice and Brook) told me 3x they have not received anything from Globe. I called AI back July 13, 2021 and Wendy said they received a request for records on June 28 and someone must of dropped the ball...she wasn't sure why the paperwork has not been moved. She did say she would request records from the Dr.'s office (Morton in Tulsa, Ok) that day. I called the Dr.'s office and Linda in records said the person in charge (Alicia) of sending the medical records is out of the office and not and she's not certain when she will be back. I'm not sure why they don't have a backup person. Morton had no idea that my mother had even passed away.

St. Francis hospital is where she was diagnosed and treated at the St. Francis Cancer center. I have the documents from the Dr. stating she was diagnosed in December of 2020 and you all also have the documents. I physically went to Morton's and spoke to a manager to get the records moved. Finally, August 6, 2021 Globe received the medical records and it is now September 17, 2021 and they have not been reviewed. This is unacceptable. It doesn't take over a month to review 1 or 2 sheets of paper. I have been very patient and understanding but this has gone far enough.

S.

Globe Life Insurance response

Sherie, we're very sorry for the loss of your mother and we send our sincere condolences to you and your family. We'd like to investigate your mother's death claim further but need you to please send us via PRIVATE response your full name, your mother's name, her policy #, your phone #, and the best time to contact you. We'll have a supervisor contact you as soon as we've investigated why this claim hasn't been paid. We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Globe Life Insurance Company Information