2. Finance
  3. Life Insurance
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.31/5

Globe Life offers term and whole life insurance products for adults and children with coverage amounts up to $100,000 in some states. The simple application process requires no medical exam or waiting period. Rates start as low as $3.49 per month for adult policies. Globe Life Insurance also offers accidental death insurance and mortgage protection insurance.

Globe Life Insurance Gallery (3)

Globe Life Insurance Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Globe Life Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Globe Life Insurance?

Original review: June 9, 2020

I just applied for a term life insurance and spoke with two representatives. I was told I would get policy in mail in 7-10 days. The policy never arrived. What I got in the mail was a letter stating they were unable to contact me by phone. Which was odd since I spoke with two different individuals. So I sent Globe Life an email and once again, I never received a response. I called the number listed in the letter only to be told to WRITE a letter to underwriting department. The representative alleges underwriting didn't have a phone number. I should have know this company was not legitimate because when my mother died nearly 20 years ago, I had to file a complaint with Maryland Insurance Commissioner to get them to pay the claim. That's when they paid me and unknown to me, Globe Life Insurance had to pay me interest for the delay.

Globe Life Insurance response

Monique, we apologize that your recent interaction with Globe Life didn't provide you with the service you expect or deserve. If you would send us a PRIVATE response with the best phone number and email address and the best time to contact you. Thank you and we're very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Original review: June 5, 2020

This company is absolutely the worst. It's been almost 3 months since my Mother passed very unexpectedly and quickly. She was diagnosed 3 months before she passed that puts us back to 6 months ago with stage 4 lung cancer. We had no idea and didn't know until it was too late and had no options to prolong her life. She was sent home on hospice & died a week later. My mom set this policy up so if something ever happened to her final expenses wouldn't put a toll on me financially. The 2 year contest period is load of crock. She passed literally 25 days before the 2 years.

The icare department people are nasty and rude and don't care refuse to take information to obtain my mother's medical records. It's been nearly 3 months and nothing has been resolved nor does it seem like they care to resolve it. If you want to pay monthly payments and leave a headache for your loved ones make sure nothing unexpected happens before the 2 years! Also be prepared to deal with rude inconsiderate people!

Globe Life Insurance response

Melissa, we're very sorry for the loss of your mother and we send our sincere condolences to you and your family. Please send us via PRIVATE response your mother's name, policy #, your phone number, and the best time to call you. We'll have a supervisor contact you as soon as we've investigated why this claim hasn't been paid. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and pain this has caused you and your family.

Original review: May 28, 2020

Globe Life Insurance has a company that investigates all medicines you have taken and then decides rather to insure you. Just want to inform consumers. If you are taking medicine that disqualifies you Globe life will not insure you medicines that are illegally for them to review, yet they can obtain this info.

Globe Life Insurance response

Janice, we apologize that our Globe Life coverage didn't meet your expectations. As with most life insurance companies, we have underwriting guidelines that can include medical history and current medications. Please email us at CS@globelifeins.com with a phone number and the best time to contact you if you still have any questions regarding our coverage. We'll have a representative contact you.

Original review: May 21, 2020

For several months now I have been trying to call Customer service and after punching all the correct numbers it says invalid request. I have sent several emails to customer service. The first one I gave the policy number and insured’s name (it is a policy on our daughter who is now 41) and my husband's name. They wanted her date of birth and the mailing address. I sent this and received another email that stated that I was the owner and had to contact them. I tried to call customer service again and was transferred to 3 different people. The second one said my daughter was the owner of the policy and she would have to call them. I asked if they could send a surrender form that she could sign and have notarized because calling them was a nightmare. He said he would have to transfer me to someone else.

Someone finally came on the line and said I understand you want to reinstate this policy. I said, "No I want to surrender it". She hung up. I feel like they are doing everything they can to not cancel this policy and send us the cash value. We received a letter a couple of months ago that is has a cash value of $746.33. It is bad enough in these times dealing with what we are dealing with and have go through this. I don’t know what else to do. It is just a runaround.

Globe Life Insurance response

Janet, we apologize the service you received hasn't been completed in a timely manner. If you still haven't received a response that has resolved your policy surrender issue, please send us your daughter's name and policy number, and the best phone number and the best time to contact you through PRIVATE response. We'll have a supervisor contact you as soon as we receive it. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you and look forward to getting this resolved.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I have made my payments years on the computer and all of a sudden it stopped even when I had sufficient funds. They were not able to tell me what the problem was and so I sent a check for the whole year and that was declined even with sufficient funds in my account. What a waste.

Original review: April 20, 2020

My mother died in the hospital while being rushed to be released. Her name was Judith **. She wanted to give her only surviving son of 3 boys Michael **, a financial means to create something good for himself. Globe Life chose not to honor their policy. They said she wasn't fully approved and refunded approximately $750. Which means she had the policy for 3 years roughly and because my mother was financially destitute her choice in payments would have been $20 a month. How on earth is it possible to pay for 3 years and not be approved?! Insurance adjusters I understand are offered incentives to not pay claims. I cant afford what it would take to get a lawyer to honor my mother's last wishes. :(

Globe Life Insurance response

Michael, we're very sorry for the loss of your mother and we send our sincere condolences to you and your family. We'd like to investigate your mother's death claim further but need you to please send us a PRIVATE response with your mother's name, her policy #, and the best phone number to reach you. We will have a supervisor contact you as soon as we've investigated why this claim hasn't been paid. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and your family.

Original review: April 2, 2020

My mother in law passed away in November of 2019. We filed a claim in January. We just keep getting letters saying the claim is pending needing more information. On top of that, she keeps getting solicitations to buy life insurance from them. Insulting.

Globe Life Insurance response

Leiann, we're very sorry for the loss of your mother and we send our sincere condolences to you and your family. We'd like to investigate your mother's death claim further but need you to please PRIVATE respond with your mother's name, her policy #, your phone number and the best time to call you. We will have a supervisor contact you as soon as we've investigated why this claim hasn't been paid. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: March 30, 2020

I bought Globe Life Insurance for my two boys when they were very little. I thought that they could just roll it over after they became adults and continue working. First problem I countered after I paid on this for over 20 years, was that after they became 21, I could not access any information about these accounts. When they were about 24 and 25, they did not want to keep these accounts up so I decided to discontinue paying for them. Well then I find out there’s no cash value at all with globe life. So pretty much the money I gave to them for over 20 years, was just that, I gave it to them. If you’re looking for a company that offers cash value then go to another company.

Globe Life Insurance response

Loretta, please accept our sincere apology that your experience with Globe Life didn't meet your expectations. We'd like to look further into your situation. If you could please send us a PRIVATE response with your sons' names and policy #'s, along with the best phone # to contact you. We're very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you and your family and we look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Original review: March 28, 2020

Globe Life Insurance company is unorganized, unapologetic and unethical to say the least! There was a point in time that, I utilized this company for an life insurance policy for both my son and myself! However I was told that they wouldn’t be able to honor anyone that has blood pressure issues! Keep in mind that I was told this, after I’ve made several payments through these guys. Seems like they would’ve informed me about this prior to me signing up with them! There’s more. Not only did they screw me, they also made an error with my son’s policy! Somehow they listed my son’s birthday under a totally different year! Like really Globe life...Get it together seriously!

Globe Life Insurance response

Timothy, we're very sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation with your coverage and your son's policy. We would like to look further into your experience. Please send us your son's name, your name, both policy numbers, and the best phone number to call you via PRIVATE response. We'll have a representative contact you after researching this. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and your family.

Original review: March 19, 2020

Updated on 03/31/2020: My issues with Globe Life remain unresolved. They asked for our policy numbers to investigate the matter. I sent that via through here on the 23 or 24th of this month. A customer service representative was supposed to contact me within 24 hours via email, that did not happen. They are supposed to automatically withdraw payment from our account for BOTH policies. They continue NOT doing that.

Original: My husband and I wanted life insurance. We filled out online applications, we filled out a multitude of paper applications at their request. My husband was sent several email requests for a phone interview to which he responded to many times. We also requested automated bill pay. We didn't get the plans we requested, they never took out payments for my policy and for some unknown reason have switched from automated bill pay to mailing statements on my husband's policy and they dropped me. I'm regretting our decision to switch from AAA to Globe Life. We are now without any life insurance as a result of their sloppiness.

Globe Life Insurance response

Tammy, we sincerely apologize that your recent interactions with Globe Life didn't provide you with the service or coverage you were expecting. So that we can look further into your situation, we'd like you to send us via PRIVATE response the two policy #'s, the best phone # for us to contact you. We'll have a representative reach out to you after we've investigated what caused this billing and policy request wasn't handled to your satisfaction.

Globe Life Insurance Company Information