2. Moving
  3. Renters Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.01/5

GEICO Renters Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GEICO Renters Insurance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about GEICO Renters Insurance?

Original review: April 17, 2019

We have bought renters insurance thru Geico, had a flood from a rain storm in the basement of our home ruining all the furniture and electronics that were down there. A 70 year old lady comes out to take pictures talks about getting stoned and partying, takes some pictures of the water and furniture. We get a call back and say that it’s not covered because it’s seepage! Seepage my ** it’s flowing in from walls floor everywhere!

Can’t keep the water out. Was dry when we put everything down there, stayed dry until we got massive rain all in one day! Stay clear. Go to Farmers or State Farm. Do not I repeat do not use Geico! Not only are we canceling the renters with them but our cars as well. Run as fast as you can and don’t look back! Crooked thief’s is what they are! Won’t allow me to post pictures or I would be happy to do so.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Please be aware of Geico when it comes to their renters/homeowners insurance. They are selling you third party Insurance and fast talking you so you won't know. They make you think you're buying Geico renters insurance but you're not. I’m truly hurt because I have auto insurance with Geico so please be aware of this scam.

Original review: March 22, 2019

We have had all kinds of issues insuring a 120 year old house in a depressed housing market. Geico GOT IT! They did it online and over the phone. We didn't have to deal with an expensive out of date insurance agent.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Ironic that CA offers the title above to select. I am seriously disappointed in Geico. I had auto insurance with them for years and decided to look into renters insurance. I called Geico and was told to get the quote through the Geico website. I filled out the online form and then called to clarify the details. I was referred back to the online quote which was not specific in the first place and when I did it was no longer accessible. I requested the quote in writing and was told that was not possible. Because I trusted Geico I used my primary email for the quote and it was the only site I went to. Since then I have been attacked with intrusive insurance advertisement phishing emails that take over and freeze my PC when attempting to unsubscribe. GEICO IS A NAME I NO LONGER TRUST!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I foolishly signed up for renter's insurance through GEICO- however I found out too late that the sales rep at GEICO had flip-flopped my coverage amounts for my Personal Property and Personal Liability. I made it clear 3+ times throughout the sales sign up process that I needed to protect the value of my storage unit and that I did NOT care about Personal Liability, ONLY PERSONAL PROPERTY. The sales rep probably misquoted and later on flip-flopped the coverage values to keep the price I was quoted, thinking I would never have to file a claim and therefore never find out.

9/10 times this would probably be true, however last month I went to my storage and discovered a fire sprinkler head had burst and almost all of my contents were destroyed. After assessing it as a total loss, weeks later the claims adjuster is barely responding and dragging his feet with my claim, even though the claim is for A FRACTION of what it should be. Do NOT trust Homesite Insurance, or GEICO for that matter.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

STAY AWAY!!! Their Insurance is CHEAP for a Reason, They don't pay anyone to actually call you back when you need to make a claim. Fire took my entire house and everything I own Sunday 08/05/18 - called and filed claim same day. They refused to respond or call back until Wednesday 8/7/18, not even a manager cared. Still unable to remove any of my items - and they are rotting under 6 inches of water and soot and ash. Restoration guy said nothing will be salvable now that everything has sat in the water and been stormed on. In the time of need, they don't give a ** about you. I will never use them again and everyone I know will not use them either, as it will be a life goal to have them switch from this Terrible company.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Had a fire in my house. The renter's insurance will pay me for that. Since then I got kicked out. Love my rental. My storage unit got Loaded. My property got stolen because I couldn't pay my bills to get to a safer place and my car gets stolen. I can't get Geico to pay me anything for the renters insurance. They owe me more than $80,000. I want my money. I paid the premiums. I paid their bills and now they won't pay me and I'm homeless because of it. I'm a sick old man. Can barely walk and now I have no place to live bring them to justice.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I'm happy with the company connected with Geico Auto Insurance but they couldn't tell me how much I would pay for flood insurance as we live very near a lake. Nevertheless, their prices are excellent.

Original review: June 4, 2018

We've had Geico renters insurance for a while now. We had an accident with a lawnmower that we have, in which they stated all personal property items inside and outside is included, and now they refuse to do anything about it cause it wasn't a act of God. Now contacting a lawyer, and getting a hold of the insurance fraud line here in Missouri. This is complete and total lying and misrepresenting and stealing of hard working people's money. After this crap is settled I'll definitely cancel all of my Geico insurances.

Original review: May 7, 2018

We got renter's insurance right before we left from New Jersey and moving to Nevada we spoke with someone and they told us we will be covered for damages. I asked specially about the moving company issue and he told me not to worry because everything will be protected. We clearly stated we will be moving and I felt like we are scammed. We paid upfront and we told him we are moving then all the sudden we found out they randomly canceled our renter's insurance without our consent and they kept telling us on the phone that we got letters in the mail but we never did. No one informed us on anything.

We called to make a claim because the moving company damaged our things and now all the sudden we do not have renter's insurance. I feel so scammed and manipulated and lied to. These people make me want to end my life because I’m tired of the lies I am getting and they cannot own up to their own mistakes. We paid in full for renter's and canceled our car policy ONLY with them because we found a cheaper! Not ever did we say cancel our renter's insurance. This is so unprofessional and now I’m out SO MUCH MONEY AFTER THE GUY ON THE PHONE ASSURED ME I WILL BE OKAY WITH THE MOVE AND IF ANYTHING HAPPENS.

GEICO Renters Insurance Company Information