3.07/5
  • 1 star
Based on 46 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 27, 2017

47 GEICO Renters Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: May 11, 2016

Just four weeks back I called GEICO and get quotation for my first car insurance. The same time customer service representative advised me that my monthly payment will be $130, she have charged $198 from my Credit Card. So, again I called them and they have deduct the extra amount from my upcoming monthly payment. The funny thing is just last week they sent me a letter saying that I have to pay $270 for monthly payment. This is really unacceptable. I never trust GEICO and will never use them again.

Original review: March 9, 2016

The insurance customer service is great and conveniently for me to make a courage purchase. But sometimes it kinda slow in service but still great though. And sometimes it make me mad cause it take too long to make a claim processing throughout the day. I don't know exactly about the policy option just yet. But I will find out soon how this policy options work out for me. Cause this is kinda new for me at this time, the coverage rate is kinda high and expensive at the same time as well.

Original review: March 7, 2016

Only contact was to inquire about it as I have my car insurance with them as well. Pleasant phone conversation. I simply inquired about obtaining it, what the cost would be and if I received a discount because I had my car insurance with them. The person was pleasant on the phone and answer all my questions adequately. The rate seem to be more than competitive as I had already inquired of other companies. Geico insurance has always treated me well over the years offering the best rate I could find for equal coverage.

The only claim I ever had was for a claim when my car was broken into. They were speedy to take care of this and provided an adequate sum of money for the loss that occurred as well as the damage to my car. I was referred to a body shop that did an excellent job on my car in fixing it. I was happy with the overall outcome. They have multiple options for the insurance that completely fits my needs. They are highly competitive with options and their rates for the insurance. It is a company I highly recommend as they have always given me the lowest rate for insurance. I do not recall all the coverage options as they are numerous. The only thing I can say is they meet my needs and I would recommend them to family and friends for their insurance purposes.

Original review: March 5, 2016

My customer service experience with Geico is the best. They really care for their customers and are there all the way and help you no matter what until you are happy. Geico claim processing is fast and the easiest to deal with. All you have to do is either call or take pictures and they do everything else. Geico has so many policy options. They can fit into anyone's budget. You can get basic to the best and it's all very affordable for anyone on their budget. Geico's coverage is the best. They offer basic coverage to the best coverage. It just all depends on what you have and want to be covered and of course where you live.

Original review: March 1, 2016

It has been helpful when I Need it to be there. Have been absolutely no issues with Geico as an insurance company. I have been happy. I have been a customer of them for a few years at least. The claims procedures have been useful. They have been doing a lot of things. They usually have a good time period. They get issues resolved for the claim. It is a quick process. They have an adequate amount of policy options. They have a good amount of helpful personnel. They are always helpful. The policy is always good. There are no issues with it. The policy is put through quickly. The coverage is good. I have not had an issue with it. The coverage covers a lot. They help with the options for accidents easy. They help the customer figure out what kind of coverage they are needing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GEICO Renters Insurance?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2016

Geico's customer service is top notch. It does kind of suck that there's no offices to help me but a quick phone call or email usually gets the job done timely. Claims processing aspect is very good. I've been with them for 2 years and have filed 2 claims and both claims were processed and completed in a timely manner. Geico has a lot of policy options fit for different people. I've changed my policy only once in the two years I've been with them but it's a very easy painful process. The coverage is great. The customer service is amazing and everything is just perfect with them. I love Geico. Would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2016

At first I was leery of using GEICO because I believed that their claims were most likely exaggerated and that I would be paying a high premium to obtain my renter's insurance through them. However I was pleasantly surprised that they offered a very competitive rate of coverage and had a very extensive amount of coverage for my apartment. I would definitely recommend them to friends or family who are looking to get similar coverage for their housing units. It is a simple process to make my payments and although I have not yet had to make a claim I know if I do, I will be satisfied with my deductible and the amount of coverage that they will provide. I am happy to be a GEICO customer and look forward to doing business with them in the future.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2016

When I walked in the door everyone said, "Hello." Right then I knew I was at the right place. I have a brand new ruby red Mustang 3.0. I knew the insurance would be expensive. I gave the insurance agent my information that he needed which was a lot, like my name, telephone number, address, driver's license number, and a whole lot more. I believe the whole thing took about 15 min and beyond my belief it was cheaper than I thought it was going to be. It was actually reasonable and I could afford it on my salary. I felt good that I finally an insurance company who has insurance that I can afford.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2016

GEICO is a very good company with great value for the money I am paying. I pay about $20 a month so it is very affordable. They were the cheapest of all the insurance companies. I now have peace of mind. I highly recommend it to all my family and friends. I also use car insurance from them because it is cheapest. Before I was paying $200 with other insurance, with GEICO now I pay $130, so great company overall. I will always use GEICO. I don't think any other insurance company has a better deal. Other insurance companies just want to get as many $ from people as possible. QUALITY. Great customer Service and Good Price!!!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

The policy was very easy to sign up for on the website. I was contacted the following day by an agent. I have a name for the agent I can call if I have any issues. He was very knowledgeable about the policy. I just have the standard policy. He made some great recommendations that I had not considered. I installed security cameras and was able to lower my rates. I would also follow some of the other points he mentioned as soon as I can. Great follow up and would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for renters insurance.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2016

I had a mini fire at my place (was limited to just one room, and I was able to put it out fairly quickly) that ruined a very expensive couch (among other things). And GEICO paid out without making me jump through a ton of hoops. Please note, I did have a receipt for the couch and photos of the damage that clearly showed that same couch burnt to a crisp, which I'm sure helped. When it comes to insurance, I find that you get what you pay for. And I'd rather pay a few more bucks per month to actually get help when I need it.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2015

Ok so where do I start. First off this is by far the worse renters insurance I've ever had in life. The adjusters are very unprofessional, they do not work diligently for you and never call you back with status updates. I called my adjuster for 4 weeks straight, requested to speak with her manager and everything and was just given the run around after all their false promises kept failing.

I had a theft claim, that was worth well over 5,000 in value, but these folks bull crapped me around, fed me 1 million excuses as to why they were only able to pay me $433. I submitted every document they asked for, from pictures, to receipts and even the police report. I am utterly dissatisfied with this company and will not be spending anymore money with them and do not recommend that anyone else does as well.

My claim was promised to be finalized in no more than 30 days (which is expected)... Hell it took almost 3 months, only for them to say they could only pay 433 dollars. And lastly, this is isn't even through Geico directly, it's a 3rd party company which was also misleading. Moral of the story, DO NOT spend your money here.

Original review: June 25, 2015

Please - I repeat - please do not get a renters policy with these people. After five weeks of battling behind a theft claim they denied me after I submit all my documents and police report.. they never had any plans on paying me. Be warned...

Original review: June 9, 2015

On Saturday, I asked for a quote on renters insurance to see how it compared with my current policy. I DIDN'T BUY the policy because it was higher priced and to pay month by month, they charge convenience fee of $5. I was clear when I said I didn't want it. I never received anything saying I bought it, but Geico took out an entire years worth of premium, $383, out of my checking account. I wish I had looked at these reviews before even getting a quote. Come hell or high water, I will be getting my money back.

Original review: March 6, 2015

I purchased auto and renters policy bundled coverage with auto payments coming out of my bank account for the last 18 months. I was never told that Geico was not the insurance company for my renter insurance and that the payment I was quoted for both policies would not come out together. To make a long story short they auto charged me for auto insurance $142 a month but not the $6 a month for renters insurance. So when I needed to use my renters insurance from Geico I had no coverage even though when I spoke to a rep about renewing my polices and telling her I wanted both policies they did not give me renters insurance I requested. You should get away from Geico ASAP.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2014

I went online to look into renters insurance thru Geico because I have car insurance with them. I filled out a couple of forms and got a rate I felt was fair for what I wanted the policy to cover. I knew there wasn't enough money in my bank account to cover the payment, so I requested a date a month out so I could make sure I had the money in the account in plenty of time. What a mistake THAT was!!! Two days later I check that bank account and they've attempted to hit the account for the payment I purposely directed to start on March 1, 2014!! Of course there wasn't enough money in there, so I got hit with a $29 fee!! When I called to explain what had happened, I was assured that they would give cover the overdraft fee - no problem!

Fast-forward 4 days later and still no fee recovery! So I called AGAIN (let me tell you what a pain their phone service is! Usually they tell you it's too busy and to call back later!! Yep - I've got all day to just continuously call! I know the trick is they figure you'll just give up and stop pursuing your issue!) and was told that a supervisor review my request and denied it because I agreed to pay for the plan the day I signed up - even though my policy wouldn't start for a month. WHY WOULD I DO THAT? Stay away from GEICO!!! Even if you have to pay a couple more dollars for your coverage, in the long run I am confident it will be worth every penny!! After this, I'm writing to the BBB and the Insurance Regulatory Board. I am looking for new car insurance coverage as we speak!!! What has happened to customer service in this country??

Original review: Sept. 28, 2010

I insured both my new home that we moved into and the old home we moved out of with Geico Homeowners on August 8, 2010. They took three months of payments on both houses at the time I requested the insurance policies. I told the Geico policy taker that we moved out of the old house, that it was for sale and/or rent, whatever occurred first.

On September 27, 2010, even though they are keeping my premiums, they are now cancelling the insurance policy on the old home that is for rent and/or sale because it is vacant. Gee, the economy is so good that there are credit qualified renters just running amok with nowhere to live. I do not wish to rent to anyone who wants, without a thorough credit check and background check, to see what I am getting myself into This is ridiculous that they take your money and then dump you when they were fully aware that the house was for sale and ready to be rented.

GEICO Renters Insurance Company Information