2.89/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

GEICO Motorcycle Insurance

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

GEICO Motorcycle Insurance Reviews

Original review: June 16, 2019

I had a flat tire on a Saturday afternoon on my motorcycle on a busy highway and called GEICO for road side assistance since I had that service on my policy. They could not live up to their promise and have someone to come and help so, what good is it if you can't keep your word. I called them the next day to find out what went wrong. They basically told me that I did not break down at the right time and the right place. I find that unacceptable therefore worthless.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

GEICO is doing to cover you if you are a scooter driver and will insure you that they are the lowest coverage. With that said, if you decide to get their policy then you are stuck with them unless you pay them a large amount of money if you find a company willing to insure you very much lower ($135)! Then they will try and bill you a cancellation fee which they say isn't a cancellation fee! You don't have to pay them that charge and it won't go on your credit! You just can't insure with them unless you pay it off. Which is fine with me!!!

Get expert buying tips about Motorcycle Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I had Geico insurance on my bike and lost control of my bike. Ended up in the hospital. Geico told me they don't cover my medical bills. I thought that was part of why I had insurance in the first place. So disappointed in Geico for the way they handled all of it.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I had GEICO insuring my motorcycle. I had no problems with payments and getting the insurance cards for my needs. My motorcycle was stolen, I got a police report and GEICO paid me back (minus the deductible) relatively quickly, I believe within 2 weeks.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I had Geico for years when I lived in Vermont. I moved to Arizona and called them up to do the change of address. Policy more than doubled for the same coverage! Same motorcycle, still kept in a garage, same rider and quoted same mileage per year. I argued it made no sense at all for this premium to double! I went to Progressive, got the same coverage at the old price I was paying.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GEICO Motorcycle Insurance?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Twice now I have been duped by a low quote up front, then receive a letter stating that my coverages are too low and therefore my premium will increase. Never in the quote process was anything flagged that needed to be adjusted. I ACCEPTED THE DEFAULT COVERAGES OFFERED BY THEIR WEBSITE. Then they send me a letter that my coverages are not adequate! WTF? This happened when I insured my bike and it pissed me off. Months later, I go to insure my wife's bike and lo and behold I get another letter jacking up my rate. Progressive had quoted similar rates, maybe we should have looked there. Very unfair and unethical practices. What a bunch of crap.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Had a Harley accident and rear ended on my bike. This was almost a year ago. I was thinking It might make things easier (get things behind me) to just settle with them without one so I dropped mine. As soon as I did that I contacted them and they were VERY NICE. I did everything they asked of me fast and prompt. 3 months later still waiting, they are not so nice to me now. Seem to take their time and do not answer calls and emails. WHAT happened to that fake courtesy? Always have an attorney, I really do not care for them either but they are a necessity when dealing with this company. You had your chance, should have jumped on it GEICO. :)

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I been working on my Harley Davidson. I had everything off, I was fixing the motor. My garage got broken into stole $4200 of my parts to my bike. No adjuster showed up, so they send me a check. Now they investigating for fraud lol... There a police report also. They won't go by the police report. Stay away from these ins company. I have never experience anything like THIS in my life until now. They are more less calling me a liar, they want my phone records! They are crazy. The police officer was there saw what happen. This company need to be turned BBB. They didn't send the adjuster so THIS is their fault sending the check before they look as in what happen.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Geico was amazing after a deer collided with me on Angeles Crest Hwy (yes, the deer struck me; just behind me on the side of my motorcycle). Luckily, I was not injured but my bike sustained significant damage. My left saddlebag was torn off, large dent to muffler and a bent subframe. The Geico adjuster meet me at dealer the next day and promptly approved the repairs. My bike was repaired in less than a week and all costs were covered without question or hassle!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Their damage adjuster had my chopper motorcycle towed to a repair shop that he picked for my me because I had never had an accident before nor did I ever need to have anything repaired before and I trusted I would be in good hand with them. After 7 month I had to have my bike towed out of Sixx Pigz bike shop in worse shape than when it had arrived and GEICO refused to help with matter at all. And the bike shop refused to refund the money and never gave me the a bill for any of the work that GEICO was tell had done. I have my motorcycle in another shop and I am having to pay out my pocket for repairs.

GEICO Motorcycle Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Founded in 1936 under the name Government Employees Insurance Company, GEICO now insures more than 22 million vehicles and continues to provide affordable insurance to men and women in and out of the service.

• Instant online quoting: Easy online quoting can give you insurance within minutes.

• All-the-time customer service: Their customer service line is open 24 hours a day, every day of the year.

• Convenient communication: Call, email, chat or text with GEICO, using any contact method that is convenient for you.

• Flexible payment options: With GEICO you can pay monthly, pay the entire premium or break payments up into four, six or nine payment installments.

• Deep discounts available: GEICO offers a range of discounts for those who qualify, like multi-bike discounts, auto and motorcycle package deals and more.

• Best for: Weekend warriors and everyday riders.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky