2. Automotive
  3. Motorcycle Insurance

4.1/5 (341 ratings)

About GEICO Motorcycle Insurance

GEICO Motorcycle Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GEICO Motorcycle Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GEICO Motorcycle Insurance?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

I have used Geico insurance since 2002 when my buddy from the marine corps recommended them. Excellent company until COVID. I was hospitalized for 2 months with Covid and recovered. Let’s say I came home to a mess. #1 issue coming from Geico. Motorcycle policy cancelled. Threats to cancel auto policy. I call Geico and clean out my remaining savings account to pay my auto policy, I make “arrangements” to catch up on my motorcycle policy.

I get a call from my finance company saying Geico cancelled my motorcycle policy. I call again and get the run around. I ask for a supervisor and they say one will call me back. I never get a call back. My cars or motorcycle didn’t move one inch while I was in the hospital. Greedy company. They don’t care about anything but money. Thanks Geico for taking advantage of a really bad situation and pretty much leaving me in the dust after almost 20 years of being a customer. I’ll be moving all my policies to another company. So will my whole family. 1 motorcycle policy will cost you tens of thousands. Allstate’s got me.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

STAY AWAY FROM GEICO, I call to cancel my policy and change to another company, I call over 20 times, hardly ever they answer the phone, you are in hold for over an hour, well I received a bill, I try to resolve the issue, calls after call no one help, they say they record calls but they dont, they indicated they call me, they never did, even when I left my phone and name, only after I complain to the BBB they did, all they did was lied, the conversation I had with their resolution department was different from what she said we discuss, this is a very dishonest company with Rude lying employees, their purposely dont answer the phones, they lied, cheat, worse on service.

Get buying tips about Motorcycle Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 7, 2020

I canceled a motorcycle policy - for an unregistered bike sitting in the garage... Geico continued to bill me, send bills, call etc. Every time I called, I got a different response. Emailing cyclefax@geico.com did absolutely NOTHING. They told me if I provided a bill of sale they would cancel my policy. Now they are threatening collections... so I'm just paying the balance they are billing me for and am FOREVER done with GEICO. I wish there were negative stars...

Original review: April 28, 2020

3 massive strikes over 8 years, the final straw is when they refused to call me back to discuss a complaint. They did not care when I was stuck on the side of the road in the middle of the desert on my motorcycle.

Original review: June 16, 2019

I had a flat tire on a Saturday afternoon on my motorcycle on a busy highway and called GEICO for road side assistance since I had that service on my policy. They could not live up to their promise and have someone to come and help so, what good is it if you can't keep your word. I called them the next day to find out what went wrong. They basically told me that I did not break down at the right time and the right place. I find that unacceptable therefore worthless.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

GEICO is doing to cover you if you are a scooter driver and will insure you that they are the lowest coverage. With that said, if you decide to get their policy then you are stuck with them unless you pay them a large amount of money if you find a company willing to insure you very much lower ($135)! Then they will try and bill you a cancellation fee which they say isn't a cancellation fee! You don't have to pay them that charge and it won't go on your credit! You just can't insure with them unless you pay it off. Which is fine with me!!!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I had Geico insurance on my bike and lost control of my bike. Ended up in the hospital. Geico told me they don't cover my medical bills. I thought that was part of why I had insurance in the first place. So disappointed in Geico for the way they handled all of it.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I had GEICO insuring my motorcycle. I had no problems with payments and getting the insurance cards for my needs. My motorcycle was stolen, I got a police report and GEICO paid me back (minus the deductible) relatively quickly, I believe within 2 weeks.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I had Geico for years when I lived in Vermont. I moved to Arizona and called them up to do the change of address. Policy more than doubled for the same coverage! Same motorcycle, still kept in a garage, same rider and quoted same mileage per year. I argued it made no sense at all for this premium to double! I went to Progressive, got the same coverage at the old price I was paying.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Twice now I have been duped by a low quote up front, then receive a letter stating that my coverages are too low and therefore my premium will increase. Never in the quote process was anything flagged that needed to be adjusted. I ACCEPTED THE DEFAULT COVERAGES OFFERED BY THEIR WEBSITE. Then they send me a letter that my coverages are not adequate! WTF? This happened when I insured my bike and it pissed me off. Months later, I go to insure my wife's bike and lo and behold I get another letter jacking up my rate. Progressive had quoted similar rates, maybe we should have looked there. Very unfair and unethical practices. What a bunch of crap.

GEICO Motorcycle Insurance author review by Matthew Brodsky

Founded in 1936 under the name Government Employees Insurance Company, GEICO now insures more than 22 million vehicles and continues to provide affordable insurance to men and women in and out of the service.

• Instant online quoting: Easy online quoting can give you insurance within minutes.

• All-the-time customer service: Their customer service line is open 24 hours a day, every day of the year.

• Convenient communication: Call, email, chat or text with GEICO, using any contact method that is convenient for you.

• Flexible payment options: With GEICO you can pay monthly, pay the entire premium or break payments up into four, six or nine payment installments.

• Deep discounts available: GEICO offers a range of discounts for those who qualify, like multi-bike discounts, auto and motorcycle package deals and more.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor