3.01/5
  • 1 star
Based on 82 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 12, 2017

87 GEICO Motorcycle Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: June 26, 2016

Customer service reps were rude, did not listen, refused to discuss rate increases that were not due to claims. Rigid and inflexible company that does not tell you upfront that their quotes are speculative and may not be the rates you pay after the first 30 days. I have no experience with their claims as I never filed one. The process as explained by them seemed reasonable and straightforward and would be handled in a timely manner. Auto billing, direct electronic debit, liability limits, collision deductibles all would factor in the price of the policy. Credits for combined policies such as homeowners. Liability limits can be minimal or high. Collision can have lower or higher deductibles. Policy can include passengers or just cover the driver.

Original review: June 25, 2016

They are very knowledgeable and know what the process is and what are the best options for me regarding my insurance. They are easy to contact by email or by their site messaging. They know what the options are for me for if I ever got in an accident. They have great coverage and are always sure to find me the right amount of cost so I will be happy. They have good policies to ensure that my privacy is protected and so that no one can get into my accounts. They are very smart and know what is right for me. They have guidelines and great policies that are convenient for me. Their prices are some of the best you can find on the internet and they care about the customer.

Original review: June 24, 2016

Geico provides all motorcycle owners with more than enough insurance to give each and all motorcyclist peace of mind. With Geico, the customer, regardless of the number of motorcycles one owns, whether it be 1 or many, Geico can always make the insurance needs of motorcyclist an easy and affordable experience one will come to treasure year in and year out. The claims processing department at Geico can assist any and all customers. When one is in need of help from this insurance company, they always make sure the person or group of persons are always treated like family, with the utmost trust and respect anyone can expect from Geico.

There are many policy options to choose from for anyone and some people might be bombarded/confused, not with Geico. They make sure the customer is fully aware of its policy options and can help make the selection at ease. The coverage with Geico can very very easy to live with and can be very recommended by associates of Geico to give all of their customer's peace of mind.

Original review: June 23, 2016

Always easy to deal with and customer service always handles any business in a very easy manner and timely fashion. I've been with Geico for numerous years. I have never had to deal with the claims department but my buddies that have are one of the reasons I choose Geico because they never had anything bad to say. There are a wide range of coverage options and all options are great prices compare doing to the competition and one of the main reasons I'm with Geico. The coverage is middle of the road for me but the pricing and the options are great for me and exactly what I need. I love Geico insurance for my motorcycle and my car.

Original review: June 22, 2016

It was good as it had personalized attention on customer to supply its demand accurately. They follow up with customer as to know their feedback. They process claims in a timely fashion to create positive personal business relationship with the customer. They give the best ability to ascertain need and supply. Their policy was ok with my status as it meant my need. The policy was alright as it provided good services and usually resolves issues amicably. The coverage was going an extra mile to provide assistance. I was impressed to receive superlative service as it was expected by the company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GEICO Motorcycle Insurance?

Original review: June 21, 2016

They answer quickly and any questions or concerns you have they will try their best to help you out. Sometimes it will take longer for them to respond but it's rare. Very easy for your first request you would might need to provide a little bit more information just to confirm your claims. Once that is done the rest of the process is fast and easy. The policy is mostly straightforward, just read through and follow the terms. Nothing is out of the ordinary. Policy differs from person to person but it is consistent. Coverage could be either full or half depending on the plan. Coverage covers your whole family. You don't have to worry about your coverage at all.

Original review: June 20, 2016

Geico is a company that is one of the best in the insurance business. Geico is one of the lowest paid insurance company in the business of insurance. You will always be happy with your insurance provider. Excellent process in any way that you can do to provide your insurance company with the necessary information to Geico so they can process your claim as soon as possible. The policy of Geico is better than any company out there that provides insurance for your needs. If you want an excellent company you need to check out Geico. The coverage of Geico is excellent for your needs as well as anyone that you know will be very happy with Geico. Geico will make you very happy at all times.

Original review: June 19, 2016

What is the use of offering roadside assistance with a motorcycle policy, if you do not have any tow truck to aid when you're stranded. After 1.5 hour wait we called back to check the status of the wait and was notified that our request was cancelled. No one called - no one notified us. In addition they claimed they called 26 tow trucks and no one could assist. What is the purpose of this policy feature. All they keep saying was "I'm sorry." In addition no one was willing to refund my policy. They are rip offs!!!

Original review: June 19, 2016

They were very helpful. It was good experience to have done business with them. Everything was done correctly and even gave me a nice deal on the pricing. The people there are very polite and professional. I would recommend them. There was no issues with getting the paperwork done on time and had car exactly when needed it. It was very understandable they broke everything down to me to where I understood the policy of company and the agreements made. They read everything over with me and didn't rush me reading things over. The rates are very good. They have good pricing for discounts. They will work with you and go over the package deals suitable for you. They make sure they fulfill the needs of customers.

Original review: June 18, 2016

They answer calls promptly and do not have you waiting for another representative. They are kind and extremely helpful concerning all financial situations. Fast and easy filing. If you have any questions a representative is there to assist you in any way. They do not put you on hold and having to wait. They are very prompt and courteous. Policy options are very fair and easy to understand. Any questions are promptly answered by the service professionals who always come off as nice and helpful individuals. Covers basically everything that I would want covered. To cover more cost a bit too much for me but other than that the price for coverage is not that expensive.

Original review: June 17, 2016

Very helpful customer service, very little wait time, based in USA among others. Never kept waiting for answers to questions. Also always get a text at least a week before that installment being direct debitted. Never had to file a claim but from friends and relatives, I hear it is a painless process. I understand from others that the representatives from customer service are nothing but friendly and cooperative. My policy matches exactly what I had from my previous carrier, including the same liability, personal damages, and property damages amounts plus roadside assistance for far less money.

Original review: June 16, 2016

The reps were helpful and knowledgeable. I don't have any complaints about them. Sometimes they weren't as friendly as they could've been. I never had to file a claim, but I had a friend who did and they resolved her claim pretty quickly and efficiently. She was very satisfied. They had a very good range of policy options and process. I was able to find just the right amount of coverage that I was looking for in my budget. Coverage was good. I found just what I was looking for. It was also a really easy process to find my coverage and get my policy started.

Original review: June 15, 2016

Customer Service was great. Wait times were sometimes a bit long (5 minutes?), but overall they took care of me when I needed help. Reasonable deductibles and rates. Only one claim for damage done in a parking lot. Called up customer service and they took care of everything. Could not have been any easier. You can choose your own deductible and play with the online calculator to determine a policy that is good for you without having to call a customer service representative. You can get liability and full coverage -- just like a car policy. You can get a high deductible or a low deductible based on how much you are able to lose if you have an accident.

Original review: June 14, 2016

Whenever I had an issue and contacted Geico, they always quickly resolved my issue. The customer service representatives were helpful and patient. Geico's claim processing is fast, painless, and effortless. I received quick response and notifications. I have no complaints and would recommend them. Geico has plenty of options that I could chose from. They allow me to personalize it to best fit my needs and do not force me into a set few options. Geico's insurance coverage is great. It covers whatever you need, with different options to meet the needs of different individuals. It is also clear and easy to understand.

Original review: June 13, 2016

Over the phone is not a long wait, they are very informative and patient. Helpful with all my questions and concerns. Stay professional and polite. I did not have any claims but the process they have set up is easy to follow and quick. The website and over the phone will give you step by step when filing your claim which leaves you worry free and comfortable with these company. The policy options can be tailored to your liking. Whether you looking for full coverage of minimum and also if you are trying to stay in a certain price range they have it broke down in that way as well. The coverage I had was in the middle. It covered me in the areas I was concerned about - quality along with affordability made the choice with company easy for me and my budget.

Original review: June 12, 2016

The customer service is amazing. They cater to what the customer prefers. Very ease, helpful and safe. They don't keep you on the phone for hours like other services. I've been satisfied for many years. GEICO is a great company and has never let me down in any category. Their policy options are perfect for anyone. They really do choose wisely and customize a plan for the consumer's needs. That's the ideal part of GEICO. Would recommend. The coverage is very useful and affordable. If anything were to happen, the coverage pretty much does its job. I've never had better coverage with insurance companies.

Original review: June 11, 2016

The processing was not too long, so I was not very regretful of anything. I was, in fact, pretty happy with the claims processing overall. Geico provides many options for their policies so I would say I am happy overall with the policy options they provide their customers. The coverage was not bad at all, it was pretty good. They cover a lot with motorcycle insurance, so it makes me feel safe, so I would rate happy for it.

Original review: June 7, 2016

Very helpful staff, always ready to listen to your complain or problem. Sounds very nice on the phone, always assuring you that your problem will be addressed and carefully investigated in needed. I didn't have to file a full claim with them yet. But I did ask about the standard procedures in case I needed to file one in the future. It sounded like no big problem, pretty standard. Good choice and wide range of policy options were offered, which I definitely count as a plus. The options are pretty clear and not complicated to choose from. The coverage options varies and pretty much you can always find the right coverage that will suit your current needs perfectly. I think they offer good selection.

Original review: May 31, 2016

When I go to the office the service is good, but when I phone it is less than acceptable. What I mean is that I am put on hold too long and then the phone rep doesn't seem to always understand me as well as when I go to the office in person. I wouldn't really know because I have not had a claim to process because I'm such a good rider that I have not had an accident at all on my bike. I just took the full coverage and the full options package offered by the rep in the office the day I went in to purchase the policy for my motorcycle.

Original review: May 27, 2016

Have had a Harley Davidson motorcycle stolen and they just keep giving me the runaround! They want forms, interviews, lists of things. I feel like I signed up for a rectal exam! I'm going to sue them. I've had it with their BS.

Original review: May 20, 2016

4/15/16 I stopped to give medical aid to another cyclist. My stop was made safely and to the furthest right portion of the roadway when I was rear ended by another cyclist insured by GEICO. My cycle was totaled and I airlifted to ICU for a brain bleed. The assigned GEICO claims agent conducted his negligent investigation and determined I was 50% at fault for "illegal braking" (no such traffic violation in the state of Texas). When I asked how him came to that conclusion he claimed I had slammed on my brakes to avoid contact with the cyclist I was giving aid to. A total lie on his part, not even close to the statement I provided, and what factually happened. It is no wonder our court system is over taxed.

Original review: March 9, 2016

There is someone there 24/7 365 days a year that you can contact them with any issues or billing issues or claims. They always can help you. They get it done within 5 days once it's processed. Can't be any happier with them helping me and other people that are with them and they email me. Everything is spelled out in black and white, easy to understand, follow and get. It's very simple. Any questions they will explain to you until you understand. They have 3 different levels of policies on coverage and prices for you to buy so a lot more people are with them and the best coverage you can ask for.

Original review: March 7, 2016

I like them. They are good place. It get service. I would not go anywhere else. I would never change for the service I get. They are good with their full coverage. I love when you can get money back too. The claim is great. I love to use the claim sheet online, it is easy and also it is quick. You have someone to call you back and let you know something. It policy is good too. They tell you stuff that you have not heard of so you know what is going on. I know that is going to be good for me to know. I love that is a full coverage. I know that they is going to take care of me if I have a rack. They help you to credit you for a new car and help you fill out your paperwork.

Original review: March 5, 2016

Customer service is awful because most of the time representatives don't know what exactly do with claims or issues related to your insurance and they respond rudely. They always try to avoid claims even you met all the criteria and if your claim got approved they will increase your premium. They took lot of time for processing and the deductible always hurt. Your premium very likely go up. I never understand their policies. It's very complicated to go through all terms and conditions as it contains lots of non-sense information. I always found hard to understand coverage details and their policies of filing claims. I never know for what I paid insurance premium for. It's better to not have insurance instead of paying to a insurance company. It's better to have something else.

Original review: March 3, 2016

The insurance coverage is adequate but getting a live person on the phone is often difficult. It takes multiple attempts and is frustrating but once someone is on the phone, the service is good. The claim was processed in a somewhat timely manner and it was satisfactory. There are multiple options and levels of coverage so there is a lot to chose from to fit my needs. The customer service issues are still what keep me recommending it. The coverage is adequate for the price I pay. I am happy with it but would not recommend it due to the issues getting a live person on the phone.

Original review: March 1, 2016

I didn't need it that often at all to be honest. Every interaction I did have was pretty to the point which is what I like the most about it. I didn't feel like my time was being drained from me. I didn't have very many dealings with anything here either. I more or less wound up selling the bike shortly after getting it. So as a result there wasn't much of an interaction here. The rates worked for the vehicle I had. More or less I felt things were fair and made sense. So all was in order for what I was working with in regard to the vehicle at the time. Coverage was great and made me feel as though I was getting the most for what I had paid for in the policy. Everything was quick and easy to set up which I also liked. No complaints.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2016

Their customer service is great. They help out until it's resolved. I would tell anybody to get Geico. They're a great company to have. I have had it for years. The claim process is good. They help out and it's at a good time as well. You do have to wait like always but in the long run it's well worth your time. There's plenty of policy options to pick from. If one's not for you, there's lots more to look at and get. You will not be disappointed, I tell you that. I'm very happy with my coverage. It's a good amount and it's there if we need it. Give Geico a try, you will like it. It's fair. It's the best one out there.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2016

Geico Company they very good and have good service. I'm very happy to use this company and will be customer of this company in the future too. They fix the problem quick. Me and my family we very happy with this company. Coverage what I want and no need to worry about insurance when we need help. They are work very good.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2016

I've received the utmost respect from everyone I have talked to. When I've had any issues it was resolved in a timely manner and without hassle. I've tried so many companies and I would have to say by far I am glad I found them. If I could recommend everyone I would because I feel you deserve the most respect for the most reason. I pay the companies and without us a lot of places would close down. Two thumbs up. I will tell everyone how awesome they are and bring as much business as possible. It's way worth it and I'm not exaggerating.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2016

They made everything moderately quick and easy. The claim took a little bit but went through smoothly and with no hassles. I have an old Harley that runs really well, so thankfully I don't need the insurance often. But when I do, they really step up for you. I have issue at times with the way they do things, but at the end of the day the insurance is pretty freaking sweet. I mean you could fall off the damn thing and bust your head to the white meat, but as long as there's enough of your brain left to know what the hell is going on (You wore a helmet, right? RIGHT???), you'll find these price process of filling a vision and collecting on it pretty to the letter.

GEICO Motorcycle Insurance Company Information