Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.89/5

GEICO Motorcycle Insurance Reviews

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

In October 2016 I was riding my adventure motorcycle off road, had a tip over, got back up and not only rode 80 miles to the campground, but 700 more back home. I had hurt my leg during the tip over and did receive medical care 2 days later... my medical insurance did not cover all costs and the medical facility wanted to verify that I did not have personal injury coverage on my motorcycle. So a quick call to GEICO, they verify I do not carry personal injury, done deal. Months later and my annual policy renewal has a 31 percent increase... no payout or claim was done, motorcycle had zero damage, etc., but GEICO apparently assessed me a 4 point loss of control incident and raised my rates 31 percent.

I discussed this with 2 agents and apparently there is no accident forgiveness despite there being no accident. In the big picture I have a 31 percent rate increase for a non claim and I received no benefit. Had I pushed my motorcycle off the mountain road, filed a report and paid a 500 dollar deductible, I would have cash in hand for the value of my bike, a better chance of accident forgiveness, and my rates may not have gone up as much... how does that work?

Original review: July 30, 2017

On March 12, 2017, I purchased motorcycle insurance, and paid 12 month premium of $191 for liability only coverage. On July 25, 2017, just 4 months into my 12 month policy, I get an email from Geico that my policy has expired, due to past due payment. I called Geico to find out why they would send me an email about past due payment, just 4 months into a policy that was paid 12 months in full. Geico said that I had added collision coverage, which doubled my premium, and only covered me for 6 months. I told them that I had no intent of adding collision, and if I did, it was by mistake while searching options online.

I also asked that even if that was the case, and my premiums doubled, cutting my coverage time in half, I should still be covered through September 12, 2017. So why would you say my policy expired in July? Hey it's only $200, I ride my motorcycle mane 2 to 3 times a year, for less than 500 miles total... I just chalk this up to a bad experience... I did however, feel like this was such a bad business practice, that I went to see a Geico reviews, and that's where I found consumer affairs reviews... Looks like I'm not the only one having a bad experience with Geico. Should have researched reviews before I bought the policy.

Original review: May 5, 2017

Read your policy very closely. You will find that if you move out of the way of a car, following too closely and have an accident, GEICO considers you responsible! They will not pay to cover your expenses. If you cannot prove that a motorist was too close you are up the creek. They have a Tucson based office that are the most miserable people to deal with, particularly Sierra. To avoid an accident I suffered the total loss of my motorcycle, which I will still owe 3k to the bank, broke a handful of ribs and was unconscious for 4 days. The officer and the Judge in traffic court found me "not responsible". We're not even talking a lot of money but it's a fortune to me at my stage of life. Buyer beware, with this bunch of hoodlums. Seriously do not use these guys! I should have stayed with Allstate. What is insurance for if not to cover expenses from an accident that you are not at fault for?

Original review: April 12, 2017

We were very satisfied with GEICO Motorcycle Insurance. To us, they were a very good insurance agency. They were always very courteous, helpful, polite and friendly. Never had a problem they couldn't solve. When they randomly raised our insurance rate, they were quick to solve the problem. They have numerous policy options, from bare bones to full coverage and everything you could possibly think of. They had options like vandalism or theft of your stereo. We had full coverage including things like theft of our helmets or stereo.

Original review: April 3, 2017

GEICO has great customer service. All my questions were answered and my problems were taken care off quickly. The representatives were nice, friendly and spoke perfect English with no accent. There are lots of policy options and they provide decent coverage. All the basics are covered under the cheapest policy and I’m satisfied with it. But if you want the best coverage then the premium price becomes much higher.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GEICO Motorcycle Insurance?

Original review: March 29, 2017

I was involved with an accident with GEICO and one of GEICO adjuster told me they will pay for the car seat as long as I have concern about it. Its support is so nice and professional. When I have a question, their customer service always help me solve my trouble, but also sometimes is a little slow, with a big time of response. Their policy are acceptable but I think their coverage should include more aspects, in accident case. Other companies include more aspects.

Original review: March 25, 2017

Policy options experience with GEICO Motorcycle Insurance is great if they only would be faster at paying claims and paying you what you think you should get paid. It takes awhile to get someone on the phone and when you get them on the phone it takes them forever to answer a simple question and they are not very friendly when you talk to them. When you file your claim it takes a long time to process and I feel they don't give you the best when they do pay your claim. I filed one for vandalism and I got 46 dollars because my deductible was 500 and I felt I should have gotten more. I would like to make my deductible smaller but it's rather expensive. But overall the coverage is great.

Original review: March 24, 2017

GEICO Insurance answered the phone fast and gave prompt service. They had lots of policy options and allowed me to pick as I please. Moreover, their representatives were helpful and promised me what I want. After a week I had my cash which I then used to buy a new bike. They cover much and I wasn't disappoint.

Original review: March 15, 2017

GEICO's policy options are very good. It is very easy to add or remove coverage as needed and cater your coverage to your specific needs at the moment. I am very satisfied with the coverage that I receive. It makes having more than one vehicle covered so easy. Also easy to get help if you need to update account information. Very great service. Very friendly and helpful.

Original review: March 14, 2017

GEICO Insurance had lots of policy options and the rates were good. The person who signed me up was knowledgeable and my policy was easy to understand. However, I only wanted basic insurance being that my purchase was a used motorcycle and was only worth a couple of thousand dollars. I needed the insurance for liability. I rode the motorcycle for a while but didn't get into any accidents nor had a claim. After that, I used it as a trade-in on a truck and haven't had any motorcycles since.

GEICO Motorcycle Insurance Company Information