Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates
Farmers New World Life Insurance
3.55/5

Farmers New World Life Insurance

Farmers Insurance offers discounts when you combine your auto policy with another policy from them, but it is not a verified InsuraMatch partner. InsuraMatch provides consumers with quotes from all their partner insurance companies in one short and simple phone call. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates

65 Farmers New World Life Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 1, 2019

I have had ALL of my insurance with Farmers for over 30 years; Life, Homeowners, Renters, Auto. I have a Life Insurance Policy through Dan in CO that I took out in 1999. I was told the policy would never increase and that is why you take it out at such an early age; so the premium is low for the rest of your life. Except, once I hit 60, I immediately received a call from Dan saying that I must pay a 50% increase in my premium or lose my policy!!! When I asked how it is possible that a premium that was to never increase is now increasing by 50%, he said "no one expected the market to be bad in 2008" What?!!! Who cares?!! My policy was to never increase. Just because Farmers made bad investments in 2008, it is not my problem!!!

I may be as sharp as a bowling ball, but I definitely can recognize the old "Prey on the Elderly Scam" when I see it!!! He is increasing my premiums very quickly to a point where I can no longer afford them and then be forced to cancel my policy. Farmers, and Dan, just made 30 some years of premiums from me and they will never have to make the payout. This SCAM has been around since insurance has been around. I thought the industry was regulated enough now that this illegal practice had stopped. I was wrong!!! Dan and Farmers continue to keep it alive and well today!!! I have no choice, but to pay these illegal and ridiculous premiums until I no longer can. I suppose I can only hope to pass away before that happens and then my boys can get the payout as intended.

I am sure Dan and Farmers would find a way to cancel my policy (or claim I canceled it) just prior to my passing. They will surely keep my kids in lawsuits until my kids give up or run out of money. These people... including Dan, whom I thought was my friend... are very evil people!!!! Do not buy Farmers. On top of this, they will increase your auto, home and renter's insurance rates on a consistent and regular basis!!! They increase them yearly, if not more frequently and always have some excuse like a bad rainstorm in Brazil turned over a poor man's rowboat, chipping the boat's paint, so they have to increase everyone's premiums by 30%. No lie!!! They will increase your premiums regularly with an excuse they cannot justify!!!!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I had purchased a Life Insurance for my mother 21 years so ago at what I thought was a reasonable rate for the amount of coverage. I just recently received a letter that to keep it in force I would have to pay 521.00 and the premium would rise to 250.00 a month. When I bought the insurance, I emphasized to my agent, who has since left or was charged with embezzlement so no longer affiliated with Farmers, that I did not want the premium to change nor did I want the amount of coverage to change. After all, isn't that why we buy life insurance. So now, 21, years later I have to tell my 80 year old mother that she is no longer covered or will have to use her entire income to pay for the premium. Unfortunately, I have had other experiences with Farmers that caused me to change to State Farm, Home and Car Insurance, but to put it simply, my premium for the same coverage was reduced by almost two thirds.

Of course I contacted Farmers and said that it contractual and sorry for any inconvenience, but if she would have died she would have been covered, and unfortunately according to them, didn't happen, so there was nothing they could do. So while the Farmers CEOs and presidents are making millions of dollars, we now have to figure out how to save money to pay final expenses, after we paid on time, monthly and under the wrong impression!!! STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING THAT FARMERS OFFERS. THEY LIE!!! COVERAGE IS HORRIBLE AND THEY DENY EVERYTHING ANYWAY!!! Go with someone else!!!

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 11, 2018

Have had a life ins policy since 1992, last few yrs received letters from agent, whom I have never met, that I need to send money to him for accumulation acct anywhere from $400 to $500, this year added $100 to monthly premium for a total of $600 to apply to accumulation acct. They received the money but have not applied to acct. Now he wants $464.92 or will cancel. Contacted agent. All he did was send a copy of policy. Cannot get answer to where $600 went.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Imagine my surprise this morning to awaken and find my account $129.66 lighter. I called the insurance company and they claim they didn't see my payment. Advised to call my bank as someone had my banking info. I called the bank stating that Farmers New World Life Insurance needed the MLB#, only to have the bank rep tell me they didn't know what I was talking about. I don't need nor want this insurance company as I have my own.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I started the process of trying to get life insurance and critical illness back in Feb 2017. I was assigned to Dan **, and I specified upfront that I am difficult to insure due to some health conditions. He said, "No problem, we would find something." Made appt with him for first meeting and to go over applications. Last minute he had to cancel and we went through the forms over the phone. It took a very long time as there were a lot of questions, but I know that is standard.

Then he emailed me some quotes, but they were completely unprofessional - like he printed pages from somewhere and scanned them in badly, they were hard to read and disorganized. He gave quotes for completely different companies for life insurance than the ones he quotes for critical illness (which is ridiculous). Took me hours to try to make sense of the poorly designed quotes, so I did not manage to get back to him for a couple weeks while I tried to make sense of the quotes. He did not even include how many illnesses were covered for critical illness, and wanted me to just pick only 2-3 to find out about. I told him I could not pick top choices until I knew how many illnesses, and also that I needed quotes for the same companies for Critical illness and life insurance. In every email he sent me, he called me by a different name (spelled wrong, wrong name, etc) and I finally asked him to use my actual name. Very disrespectful.

Finally I made a choice, and he said we had to meet again to get some more information. We arranged to meet (he was late), and then he made me go through answering all the same questions I answered before, taking over half an hour of my time and losing me my lunch-break. During the questions, he suddenly piped up that because of the health issues I have there may be issues getting me insured. I was furious!! After all this time, when I was VERY clear upfront that I had pre-existing conditions and had been turned down before, and he assured me it was no problem. Now we wasted all this time for nothing.

Then when going through questions, when I stated I had an anxiety disorder, he wanted to know what caused it?? Seriously, he deals with life insurance, and is completely clueless about mental illness?? I had to explain that it is a chemical balance and he might as well ask someone with MS why they have MS. I was livid.

Finally we finished the forms and he was going to send them in. And I waited. FOR MONTHS. We met last in April. I had to keep sending emails to follow up, because months went by and I heard nothing. Then finally in June he emailed me to say they asked him for more information weeks ago and he missed it. Then another month went by, and I finally got contacted for a medical checkup. Fast forward to August 15 and I was notified I was denied. So, after 6 MONTHS of wasted time, dealing with an unprofessional and ignorant broker, I am back to square one. Furious. Thanks a lot.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers?

Original review: May 26, 2017

Paid on life policy for 30 years. Made claim 2 weeks ago and still nothing. They play mailing games using snail mail and not honoring claims in a timely manner despite assurances claim is being expedited. Research Life insurance companies that are more efficient and do not play these games with claimaints.

Original review: May 13, 2017

In 1990 I purchased a life insurance policy from Farmers. I have paying this thru automatic pay thru my checking. About 2 years ago I had an emergency and needed some cash so I took a loan out on the cash value. When I asked the agent how to pay the loan back he advised since the loan was on my cash value I did not have to pay it back if I didn't want to because it was the money I had earned. Since things were a little rough I decided not to pay it back. Now I have all my insurance needs thru Farmers but a different agent. So I decided a few months I needed to get this policy over to him to take care of it. So I sent a letter to have it transferred to him. He calls me a couple of weeks later and tells me that policy has been cancelled. Come to find out the other agent was wrong. This did need to be paid back.

So my agent said we could ask to have it reinstated. So we send a request. I get a letter today with the check I had sent in to cover what was due declining to reinstate because I am now overweight. I have paid on this for 27 years and they were not worried about my health when they were taking that monthly payment. The agent that messed this all up is no longer agent. I have 5 cars insured, my house, motor home and my kids' life insurance thru Farmers. I will be looking for another insurance company and move everything.

Original review: April 13, 2017

I have been actively attempting to cancel the life insurance my parents purchased for me for the past 6 months now. When I first took this up it was because my parents said they could not cancel it because I was over the age of 21 and it technically belonged to me although they were making the payments. I went as far as changing the address to mine and submitting a cancellation letter as they asked with my signature.

From then on it was just a mess. They said the cancellation needed my mom's signature. Then my dad's (who was in the hospital in critical care at the time) or a power of attorney. Then when I asked why they needed it they said it's because mine signature was invalid because my parents were still the owners of it. Then why would they be giving my parents such a hard time with this in the first place?!

Irritating enough. They sent the check to my parents' old address (although I had previously been receiving mail in the new address I previously changed) and when I waited for 2 weeks to receive it, I was waiting on a response from a staff member who was set to help me out. Needless to say I called and the staff said they could not send it to my address unless my parents called and changed the address, and wait yet another week to receive it. So I drove to visit this house 4 hours away to retrieve it. Cashed it in with my parents.

Finally I get a response from the staff member helping me saying she has canceled the old one and placed a new one (little too late, I told her not to worry) but she could not reverse the process, and now I'm short $1000 along with the fee the bank charges me if I don't have the funds and oh BTW, now I have to wait up to 7 more days to cash this other check in. Thanks farmers. Worst experience ever. Their staff is the billboard of chickens running around with their heads cut off.

Never again.

Original review: April 8, 2017

Husband and I purchased ALL our insurance needs through Farmers. Since I spoke last we have discovered Farmers and their agents have falsified records to keep from paying. Plus have changed amount of policy. I have fought them over 2 years and to have them look you in the eyes and lie is just wrong. I also found out they were including West Coast Life of which is still being investigated. Just wrong!!! More to follow.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

I had Farmers life insurance for my mother. I received it through Sloan insurance. He interviewed my mother and myself and asked the slew of questions. We both answered all of them. They came back and said she was eligible for insurance but it wasn't cheap. So we got it and had it for 22 months. My mom passed away from cancer. When I filed claim they said they're waiting on records from pharmacy. That took two months. After that they said "we see your mom took a heart pill years ago so we need those medical records." That took another two and half months. Once they got it they asked for her records from the military another month and a half.

After that they denied my moms claim cause they said we lied and didnt disclose her heart problem which she didn't have but because she took a medication that could be used for that is why and because she had a doctor in his notes say she was in assisted living home. I produced a certified letter from the retirement home she lived in saying that they do not offer assisted living and she was in an independent living retirement home. So bottom line they drag this out for 6 months. They told me if she would have lived another two months then they would have paid cause she would have made it past their two year limit. The most insensitive bullcrap I have ever heard in all my life. Farmers has NO issue taking your money but they'll go above and beyond to NOT pay you. Beware!!!

Farmers expert review by Neal Frankle

As one of the only large insurance companies based on the West Coast, Farmers is headquartered in Los Angeles. Farmers opened its doors in 1928 but is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of Zurich Financial, an Irish insurance company.

• Current-customer convenience: Convenient to use for consumers who already have auto and/or home insurance with Farmers.

• Regional convenience: Being based on the west coast makes Farmers convenient for customers living in the region.

• Products: Limited menu of insurance products.

Profile picture of Neal Frankle
Neal Frankle Life Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.

Farmers New World Life Insurance Company Information