Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates
Farmers New World Life Insurance
3.51/5

Farmers New World Life Insurance

Farmers Insurance offers discounts when you combine your auto policy with another policy from them, but it is not a verified InsuraMatch partner. InsuraMatch provides consumers with quotes from all their partner insurance companies in one short and simple phone call. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Farmers New World Life Insurance Reviews

Original review: April 13, 2017

I have been actively attempting to cancel the life insurance my parents purchased for me for the past 6 months now. When I first took this up it was because my parents said they could not cancel it because I was over the age of 21 and it technically belonged to me although they were making the payments. I went as far as changing the address to mine and submitting a cancellation letter as they asked with my signature.

From then on it was just a mess. They said the cancellation needed my mom's signature. Then my dad's (who was in the hospital in critical care at the time) or a power of attorney. Then when I asked why they needed it they said it's because mine signature was invalid because my parents were still the owners of it. Then why would they be giving my parents such a hard time with this in the first place?!

Irritating enough. They sent the check to my parents' old address (although I had previously been receiving mail in the new address I previously changed) and when I waited for 2 weeks to receive it, I was waiting on a response from a staff member who was set to help me out. Needless to say I called and the staff said they could not send it to my address unless my parents called and changed the address, and wait yet another week to receive it. So I drove to visit this house 4 hours away to retrieve it. Cashed it in with my parents.

Finally I get a response from the staff member helping me saying she has canceled the old one and placed a new one (little too late, I told her not to worry) but she could not reverse the process, and now I'm short $1000 along with the fee the bank charges me if I don't have the funds and oh BTW, now I have to wait up to 7 more days to cash this other check in. Thanks farmers. Worst experience ever. Their staff is the billboard of chickens running around with their heads cut off.

Never again.

Original review: April 8, 2017

Husband and I purchased ALL our insurance needs through Farmers. Since I spoke last we have discovered Farmers and their agents have falsified records to keep from paying. Plus have changed amount of policy. I have fought them over 2 years and to have them look you in the eyes and lie is just wrong. I also found out they were including West Coast Life of which is still being investigated. Just wrong!!! More to follow.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

I had Farmers life insurance for my mother. I received it through Sloan insurance. He interviewed my mother and myself and asked the slew of questions. We both answered all of them. They came back and said she was eligible for insurance but it wasn't cheap. So we got it and had it for 22 months. My mom passed away from cancer. When I filed claim they said they're waiting on records from pharmacy. That took two months. After that they said "we see your mom took a heart pill years ago so we need those medical records." That took another two and half months. Once they got it they asked for her records from the military another month and a half.

After that they denied my moms claim cause they said we lied and didnt disclose her heart problem which she didn't have but because she took a medication that could be used for that is why and because she had a doctor in his notes say she was in assisted living home. I produced a certified letter from the retirement home she lived in saying that they do not offer assisted living and she was in an independent living retirement home. So bottom line they drag this out for 6 months. They told me if she would have lived another two months then they would have paid cause she would have made it past their two year limit. The most insensitive bullcrap I have ever heard in all my life. Farmers has NO issue taking your money but they'll go above and beyond to NOT pay you. Beware!!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2016

Husband a had policy in case if anything to take care of us. We were up to date. They told me a week to 10 days. They then wanted medical records. After another few months they denied stating my husband had lied more than 2 yrs previously on a "reinstatement" application. He did not fill this out. Agent did. He had had a heart attack and our agent was aware almost 4 yrs previously but he did not fill out papers nor did he die of heart attack. He passed from cancer.

Original review: June 20, 2016

I had this ins. in the 90's through the early 2000's. I was very pleased at first. Then in the 2000's I became disabled. Not only did I become disable, but my agent knew and the company was supposed to take over payments for me. Not only did they not do that, but my agent changed my beneficiaries to his brother and killed me on paper, with a death certificate. After I went through all of that, the company who should have been paying my bill told me I had to show proof that I was disabled. No problem! I sent the proof and instead of doing what they said they were supposed to do by my contract, they cancelled my ins. and told me I'd have to start over, knowing I couldn't pass the physical now. They not only did not honor the contract, their agent killed me to get the money!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2015

I purchased life insurance shortly before my 70th birthday. I researched many life insurance companies for monthly premiums, amount of coverage and type of insurance. Because of my age I had limited choices but I decided to purchase life insurance from Farmers. I have both my auto insurance and renter's insurance through Farmers so I was able to receive a discount on what I wanted. My Farmers agent explained clearly and thoroughly what I would be purchasing. I feel sure that Farmers was the right company for me.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2015

We have had Farmers Insurance for almost 15 years and has always been the cheapest around. We have never had a problem. When we have needs an adjuster to look at something, the adjuster was very prompt. Whenever we need to get information regarding our recent accident, our adjuster was very helpful in getting us information we needed for the car repair center.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2015

I really have not had any problems with my life insurance company. It's just nice to know you're covered in the case of something happening to you when least expected. The company that I have my life insurance with is well known in its industry, and I feel my family will not have to be burden with funeral costs in a time when they are bewildered.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2015

Farmers has been very helpful with any problems or questions we have had. Premiums are competitive and the company is always looking to help us save money. When we have had a claim they have been fast, friendly and have paid our claim in a very fast manner. Farmers has a variety of services from auto, life, home, RV and also have specialty insurance to cover our firearms. We have been very happy with this company and would recommend them to our friends.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2015

After researching many companies, I found that this was my best one for me. They agreed to let me pay every 6 months with no problem. When I was filling out the paperwork, and did not understand, & asked for help, the representative was very understanding, & he made me very comfortable & willing to explain it without any hesitation. I would recommend anyone of my friends to use them without any hesitation!

Farmers New World Life Insurance Company Information