3.31/5
Based on 36 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

36 Erie Homeowners Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 12, 2015

Have had no problems with my current insurance company. Their billing process is easy and accurate. Claims process is very good and the agents are friendly.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2015

The insurance cost is very minimal and seems to offer great coverage... Have never had a claim, so I cannot comment on that experience is with Erie -- I also have Erie for my auto insurance and they offer great discounts for multiple policies. I have had an auto claim and it was handled very well and efficiently, so I would assume their homeowner's claim experience would be similar. I have a local agent who is always very easy to reach with any questions.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2015

The agents are very pleasant to deal with. They were very helpful with our property and my father's. We had filed a claim years ago as a result of an ice storm. The adjuster came out very quickly to examine the damage. The claim was processed quickly and we received payment. But we hadn't found all the damage and had to contact him again. He promptly came back out and we received an additional check. I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2015

Last March, I had a lot of water damage from snow sitting on my roof. It affected all 3 floors of my house. Erie sent an adjuster to my house... He was very professional. IT took 5 weeks to get my claim approved. Though I was satisfied with the amount of money, I did not actually get my check until mid May. It seemed like a long time to have to live with so much damage.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2015

We have had our homeowners insurance with Erie for many years. I had one time that I had to put in a claim for wind damage. They were very fast with the claim and I got what I was supposed to have with my claim. Always a very friendly and helpful company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Erie Homeowners?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2015

I've been with Erie insurance for 20 plus years. I've had a few claims and they were very prompt in getting things done in a timely manner. The rates are very good to what I've shopped around for. They have several payment plans that will fit anyone's budget. You get a discount for having home and auto. They also have some excellent life policies that are priced good, including life for children. The customer service people know me and my family. It's nice to deal with a small agency that is committed to customer satisfaction. Would highly recommend to family and friends.

Erie Homeowners Company Information