Country Financial Home Insurance

Country Financial Homeowners Insurance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.99/5

Country Financial is a home insurance provider that’s available in select states. It has three policy options with flexible coverage that can fit several budgets. The company also offers 24/7 claims, a mobile app and some discounts, including new wiring and theft protection.

BOTTOM LINE

With three policy options, Country Financial offers flexible and affordable home insurance coverage. Though its availability is limited to 19 states, it’s a solid option for homeowners in its service area.

PROS

• 24/7 claims
  • Mobile app
  • Three policy options

CONS

• Only available in 19 states
  • Discounts limited

Top Country Financial Homeowners Insurance Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Country Financial Homeowners Insurance?

Efficient, thorough and reasonable prices. All claims are handled professionally and quickly. Am always able to speak to someone in person when I call. Paperwork is completed and presented for review when there are any changes.

My insurance is through Country Financial and I love my insurance agent. We went with her because she is like "part of our family"... She has been here for all my family for many years and she takes care of things without me even having to ask…

See if you can lower your rate today

Compare insurance providers on Quotewizard

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today

Compare insurance providers on Quotewizard

Get started

What is Country Financial home insurance?

Country Financial is a home insurance provider that sells customizable protection policies in 19 states. The company specializes in supportive and community-centered customer service, and it has nearly 100 years of experience providing flexible policies for homeowners. It offers three policy options, 24/7 claims, some discounts and a mobile app for policy management.

What does Country Financial home insurance cover?

Country Financial provides three home coverage options:

• Basic coverage includes protection against fire, windstorm, theft, smoke, vehicle collision, glass breakage, falling object and electrical damage.
  • Premier plans include all basic coverage plus protection against things like countertop burns, paint spillage and power surge damage.
  • Combined coverage offers basic coverage for your belongings and premier coverage for your home.

All three policy options come with replacement coverage, medical and liability protection and personal property coverage, although you’ll have the ability to customize your coverage levels within each category. Country Financial also offers optional coverages, like sump pump, earthquake and flood insurance, for an additional cost.

Country Financial home insurance quotes

Country Financial doesn’t offer online quotes, but you can easily submit a request through its website for a call from a representative. While this isn’t as effortless as an online real-time quote calculator, this process does allow for more accurate pricing information. Country Financial provides some home insurance discounts, as well — some up to 20%. Its most popular discounts include those for newer homes, alarm systems, safe heating and more.

Country Financial home insurance FAQ

Where is Country Financial home insurance available?
Country Financial is available in 19 states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, Washington and Wisconsin.
Does Country Financial home insurance cover old homes?
Yes, but it offers discounts for homes with newer features, like updated wiring and roofing.
Who owns Country Financial home insurance?
Country Financial is a privately owned insurance company.
Where is Country Financial home insurance located?
Country Financial is headquartered in Bloomington, Illinois. It also has other locations throughout the U.S.

Is Country Financial home insurance good?

Country Financial home insurance is a solid home insurance option that's worth checking out. Its customizable policies, which include generous levels of base protection, are fairly straightforward and easy to understand. Although it’s only available in 19 states, most eligible homeowners should be able to find a Country Financial coverage policy that fits their needs and their budget.

Country Financial Homeowners Insurance Reviews

Original review: May 27, 2020

I have nothing to say but good things about this Insurance company! Every time we call them for a claim, it amazes me how fast the process is! Insurance Adjuster Ed is awesome! We recently had a minor fire incident and upon calling them, even on a holiday weekend they made sure to send somebody to check on us and make sure we are fine to stay in our house. Not even a week, claim was processed. This is for every single time we file a claim with no problem. I will highly recommend them for home insurance and we’re thinking of switching our auto insurance to them too. Their customer service is commendable!

Original review: April 5, 2020

Had an auto crash and was supposed to get a refund and since 2019 till date I am yet to get that check that will go through. They sent couple check and when I tried to cash it, it bounce back 'cause it was cancelled 'cause I called in to say I didn’t receive it which I really didn’t receive until much later. Called back again and my adjuster said he will send another one and up till date, haven’t seen it in my mail. I am tired of calling 'cause I have other stuffs to be worried about but I still in my money 'cause is part of my policy. Is being 6 months now and am yet to get just a peanut amount of check that belongs to me. How weird is that.

Get buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 11, 2020

Brandin in the IL office explained my flood claim added up to $3009. Minus my $1,000 deductible he would pay me $1,200. Wow, that doesn't add up! Oh, he said they were withholding $770. They can do that? Seems like they can do whatever they want. Just letting you know before you believe they'll be honest with you.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I live in the country and I have some very dear close neighbors. Their daughter's son passed away from cancer at a very early age. They moved back to the country for a change in pace back to where she was raised. They purchased a dog from the animal shelter, the dog got into my livestock and killed them. If it was just a couple of them I would’ve been a big deal But it was over 20 head. I got a hold of their insurance company, came across the guy name Mike **. He gave a ridiculous settlement and tried to trick me by getting a autopsy after all the sheep were buried but one was still alive so I was able to get that. He would never settle with me or meet up with me so we can talk about it or get something done. I did not want to sue the neighbor lady. One that’s not good at all to iamb. Not going to attack a person who just lost their love ones and I think Mike knows that. They have never settled with me yet today.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I had a flood in my basement on a Friday night! I got in contact with my adjuster Matt ** on the following Monday. He was nice during our walk through. But afterwards forgot what we had discussed about items that were affected. He would not respond to calls or emails. He did not send important documents, that he informed he was going to. My daughter's room was in the basement. Where the incident happened. She had tons of shoes that were merged underwater for who knows how long. Not your typical shoes, but Jordans, Kobes, and other Nike shoes. He informed me that these shoes can be cleaned in the washer and dryer. After informing him that these shoes cannot be cleaned that way. He send me a PDF on how to clean Nike shoes, with a tooth brush and mild cleanser.

My daughter's area rug was wet for over a week, but wanted it to be cleaned. I had carpet in the room my daughter used as a closet, that had been glued to the floor from previous owner. It came unglued from the water. His plan was to glue it back down. I've emailed his supervisor and still have not heard back from him. That was about 3 weeks ago. I went into the office today. They want to inform me that adjusters usually have 200 claims that they are working on. So apparently it's not unusual that you don't hear back from them in a timely manner. They informed me that there is nothing that I can do about it! I highly recommend that you do not use this company for any reason. I've been told by family and friends that have been in this situation. That it is not ever this complicated.

Matt sent me a letter informing me that I need to get a hold of a contractor to get my floors redone. I was told by brother in this profession, that I should never be in between, the contractor and insurance company! He didn't even give any suggestions on who to contact that might help me be able to help with this. If you're smart turn away!!! Myself, mother, aunt, daughter, and niece pumped water from 9 pm, to 1 am. My daughter, and I carried totes that I had all my personal stuff in from downstairs to upstairs for 2 hours. My mom and I also shot backed my carpets for 4 hours. They paid $350.00. Yet, the company that carried down fans, and air humidifiers, stopped by a couple time that week. Paid them $5,000. I'm not impressed! I will definitely be going to another company!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Been a customer of Country Financial for decades and never had a claim on my homeowners policy. Now the first claim I make because the basement flooded I was denied. Filing a complaint with IL Department of Insurance and Better Business Bureau. No assistance whatsoever from my agent Bob ** of Homewood, IL.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I've had Country Financial for about 5 years due to my Mom having a patient that is an agent with them. At first I thought they were great, I sat down with my agent and signed all the necessary paperwork and paid my dues upfront. THE FIRST MONTH I was with them they charged over $400 to my account and stated I hadn't paid everything, then again the next month... I was an 18 year old kid who then couldn't pay for groceries because of these withdrawals.

My agent seemed to feel bad but the rude billing lady said they don't refund, only credit accounts... $20 a month. Now I have a different job and the day I get paid is the day my insurance is suppose to come out of my account. I have called numerous times about changing the date to get no response and my account will not allow me to login or reset my password. It's funny because when I have the money in my account, they wait a couple days to take it, but when I am short, even by a couple dollars, they take it first thing that morning before I get my check and then charge me a $60 courtesy fee. I am so beyond disappointed with them. I am currently looking for other insurances but from reading other reviews I am so preparing to fight with them about cancelling my policy with them. DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE. THEY ARE SCAM ARTISTS.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

We went with Country Financial with our home purchase. We signed all the paperwork right away and did everything we were asked too. Three months later we get a notice that says they are cancelling our policy because we did not do the paperwork. I called them, they said we did in fact do the paperwork, they would look into fixing it. Two weeks later they cancelled the policy. I then looked into the other policies that we had with them only to find out that they were never written and we had no insurance coverage, even though we paid for the policies. I was able to get insured with another company for half the yearly cost for the same coverage.

Original review: July 30, 2019

We had bought home and auto insurance (bundled) from an Independent Agent for over 30 years because they have more than 10 providers to get a better rate. So they always beat State Farm, Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO due to their Provider's lower expenses (m = no advertising). Well, Country Financial doesn't advertise either. Surprisingly, they beat our Independent Agent (who my wife had worked for back in the 90's) both in COST, plus they increased our home coverage with an additional 1 million umbrella coverage, and they increased our home replacement cost an additional $10,000. This package included two riders to the home policy that we had with the Independent. Again, Country Financial's cost was LESS.

If you go to their website, scroll down to the bottom and click on Site Map to see all of their services. Click on any of them to see if they can help you with other financial needs. Our agent is low key, and brought up things that we had not thought of, so it paid us to sit down and discuss our needs. We are retirees, and recommend that you contact them.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I recently bought this insurance mobile and home and I switched everything over. The agent was nice and knowledgeable. However after we bought the policies I felt like she was never available. Also became substantially worse after I went through a divorce and had to sell my house. I never feel like a priority. I never got calls returned. The call center was the worst part. I took my policy. I’ll direct billing at least four different times and I still build direct and took from account. And takes them weeks to refund their mistake and will only do it by paper check. I found the exact same coverage for half the cost with another company. Will never go back or recommend.

Country Financial Homeowners Insurance Company Information