1.52/5
Based on 60 reviews that contain star ratings

62 Country Financial Homeowners Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 16, 2018

They would rather spend $15k trying to repair a vehicle that has been mangled and have the frame welded back together, and let occupants keep driving vehicles that will not react the same way the factory built the vehicle in the event of an accident - than total out the vehicle and issue replacement value. Add that to the incompetence their staff - hopeless.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Promised protection was not met. Country insurance treated us like we were professional craftsmen. Forcing us to answer questions in a time of urgency as if we knew their job. How were we suppose to know what claims fall under? Sadly they keep unjustly escalating premium costs with no liability for the treatment and lack thereof.

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Customer service from Corp is excellent. Local agent in MO was outstanding. Local agent in AZ was replaced. Over more than 5 years I never met him and when I called with a problem he sent out the wrong people to solve a problem that didn’t exist. Could never reach directly by phone. New agent has also made no contact and apparently no record of my requesting additional coverage.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I have had homeowners insurance through Country Financial for several years. Today May 9, 2018 is the first time I read several reviews from this company. On April 27, 2018 I’ll call to cancel my insurance with Country Financial and I was told that it was done that day. Today on May 9. 2018, I called the company back to find out what’s the status of my request and I was told that my Insurance was still in effect and was not canceled. They gave me some mumbo-jumbo about how the company waits for a second call for cancellation and that they send it over to another office for them to process the paperwork. I was so upset with them that I decided to call the Better Business Bureau all file a complaint. Anyone if you’re listening, please read the reviews and go to another company do not use country financial!!!

Original review: April 27, 2018

My mother's house got struck by lightning and took out her AC unit and microwave. We had the AC company come by and confirm the AC was struck. The insurance company then sent out an "investigator" company. The technician from that company (HVACI) stated that it had definitely had been struck by lightning. The report was sent to Country Financial and they denied it said anything about lightning and they contributed the damage to the unit being too old (8 years old). I then called HVACI and spoke with a manager Dustin, who said they had circled a statement on their form saying lightning was the cause. Country financial said that was not true. I then called back and told the paperwork was not available.

We went in to the Country Financial office (Pooler, GA). We were told days ago that they would send out another person to investigate. Also, the owner would call first this Thursday when he got back in town. It's Friday and no one is available at the office. We have been told by several people at this point that this is the worst company to deal with. Looking at the reviews, this company needs to be investigated by the insurance commission.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Country Financial Homeowners Insurance?

Original review: March 6, 2018

Feb 20th 2017 my family experienced something unbelievable. We had a pipe burst in our home leaving us with over 10 ft of water. Called our insurance co. to file a claim only to be called back 20 min later to be denied our claim. No adjuster came out to look at the damages. No one was concerned we lost all our belongings and have no place to go. This is the worst insurance co. I have ever dealt with. Still 2 weeks later no help. What's the point of having insurance at all? My family homeless.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Filed claim on my Sea Ray Cruiser Sep 9 2017. My adjuster from Centralia IL has not cooperated with me at all. He cant look at boat on weekends or anytime I try to set up. We had words over phone. He called me an ** twice on phone. One of my employees heard him. I had him on speaker phone. Called my agent. Told me they dont have expertise to handle boat claims like cars or homes. Huh but you're going to sell me a watercraft policy. That is also on my recorded voice mail from my agent. Also informed by my agent my claim reassigned to new adjuster. Hear from them couple days. Been over a week heard nothing. I own the boat. My friend and I are going to do the bodywork. So of course adjuster treated me like scammer. This company is horrible. I'll update this post. Let everyone know how it settled out.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Had hail damage in 2017 from storms in Minneapolis, MN. My roof needed to be replaced along with some other minor damage. Country Insurance took care of everything without a problem. Even the roofing contractor was impressed.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I wanted to say thank you to all the Country Financial employees who helped my account get situated, both from the customer service line and the Pooler, Georgia location. A special thanks to Ms. ** who was able to finally get the problem fixed for me. Thank you so much for looking out for me. Please award her with a customer service award for exceptional service for Country Financial customers!

Original review: May 9, 2017

On 2/19/17 a shared water line to my condo busted and flooded my area. I contacted the association that evening. The following day a restoration company arrived. They had put holes in my drywall in order to access the exterior party wall. Air movers were placed in those areas for 3 days to dry out. When the HOA filed the claim with country the claim adjuster stated I was responsible for the dry out. I tried to explain the dry out was for the exterior not the interior wall. Unfortunately I was stuck paying the bill. If the adjuster would of taken 15 minutes out of his time to come over & assess the damage I believe I would have had different results. This is the worst insurance company I had to work with. Worse yet they are our insurers for the HOA.

Original review: May 5, 2017

I had been a Count States Insurance customer for over 50 years and they got bought out by COUNTRY INSURANCE and I had a water leak claim and it took contractor over a month to fix and we were eating out because we were inconvenienced with dishwasher being out. I think these folks are nothing but out crooks. BUYER BEWARE FOR SURE. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO NO ONE.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

I had Country insurance for almost ten years. Had one claim for under 500 which agent advised me to file a claim. Now couple years later I'm in process of purchasing a home and didn't realize that claim would greatly affect me getting coverage at fair market rate. I check with several insurance companies that stated if they had been my agent they would never had advised me to file that claim. I tried to settle that matter with corporate several times. They were nasty and rude. I would not recommend this company to a dog. I will never ever use them again. The only good thing about Country Financial is they will do prompt payments but trust me you will pay for it. Hopefully they will get better. However I'm not holding my breath. Worst company ever.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

I have been with Country Financial for 8 months and they are the WORST to work with. They entered my account number wrong in their system and because of this they did not receive my down payment or my 1st month payment. Setting me behind. I originally pay 183, but because of their mistake, I have to pay 325 a month to get caught up. When I called to complain about this problem, they said there's nothing they can do and I just have to pay my payments. BULL CRAP! This was so on their end not mine. I should have gotten a discount or something for their mistake!

Then I had someone hack my check books and my bank account was on freeze and no money could be taken out until I went to the bank to get everything cleared. I was 1 day late, I called them on the 16th (my payments are due on the 15th) to explain what happened and they told me that because I am late that they would charge an extra 25.00 for late fee. UNACCEPTABLE. Also told me that I could pay it on the 16th but they would rather me pay it when I got my invoice because "It's easier for them". THEY DO NOT WORK WITH THEIR CUSTOMERS AT ALL. THEY ARE GREEDY AND VERY RUDE.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

On 10/21/16 I cancelled my auto insurance account and started a new one with Progressive. On 10/25/16 COUNTRY FINANCIAL charged my account $498.00. I have gotten the run around in regards to my refund. First I was told that the charges would be reversed in 1-2 days. That did not happen. Next I was told I will have a refund sent in the mail in a couple of days. That also not happened. I was also told that they do not track checks that they send out in the mail. Today is Nov. 2, 2016 and I still do not have a refund. Please do not consider COUNTRY FINANCIAL for insurance. They are a FRAUD. I cancelled service and they still took money from my account four days later and have not returned my funds. That is considered thief. What a company. This happened at the Belleville Illinois office.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

Been with Country for over 25 years. In that time I filed 3 claims. All my neighbors got 2 new roofs for hail damage in that 25 years from their insurance companies. My roof each time the sand was beat off into my gutters, and whirly birds dented to heck. Roofers said hail damage. Called adjusters out both times and the first time would only cover 3 squares, as for my 8 neighbors around me they all got new roofs. The second time sand beat off singles and whirly birds dented to heck. Neighbors all got new roofs from their insurance company. County said manufacture defect. They do not pay claims on your house. Just collect premiums from you. Don't use them. You will be alone when your home is damaged.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

After having a homeowners policy and life insurance for 2 years I received a letter saying my insurance will be terminated for nonpayment of a farm bureau fee. Since my insurance is escrowed and everything is paid by the mortgage company, I emailed my agent Brian ** to see what the issue was. After being told my membership was past due and I would need to pay for it plus a reinstatement fee, I said I would pay for the membership, but the $10 reinstatement fee needed to be waived.

Since I was told everything was being escrowed and paying about $2400/year, you would think there would be some understanding and a simple $10 fee wouldn't be charged, but heck no. I was told, by the agent it is not in his control and call the bureau. That is not exactly the customer service I would expect, so after more emails of the basic I don't care attitude from the agent, I terminated my insurance. BTW, I got much better coverage for $20 more per year from another carrier, and that is even before my discount for multi-policy will kick in. In an industry where I can get the same product from multiple people, customer service is huge for me, so hopefully this agent will get better at it for his other clients.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

On May 3rd 2015, I had hail damage on my home. 7 of my aluminum clad windows along with 2 sides of vinyl siding were damaged. Mr. Brad ** of Country Financial inspected my home. He stated that they would pay to have the windows RE-CLAD while still installed on my home (Neither I nor 3 professional contractors including the one that Mr. ** scheduled, have ever heard of re-cladding a window in the field!). He then stated that insurance would only pay to replace 1 of the sides of damaged siding even when he knew that the color would not match the original siding, then they were going to use some of the old siding to repair the second damaged side.

I told him that I was not going to let him cheapen the value of my home with such amateurish repairs. Mr. ** tried to get me to accept a check for a little over $2000.00 for the damages. I refused to accept it. My contractor sent an estimate for windows and siding to Mr **. He still refused to replace all of my siding. I then wrote a letter to the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce. During this time my contractor was forced to take other jobs and rescheduled me for later.

Surprisingly on the day I got a response from the Chamber of Commerce I received a letter from Country Financial stating that they had reviewed my policy and the repairs would be covered. Finally in May of 2016, The repairs were complete, but Then Mr. ** sent a letter stating that they would not pay for the dumpster needed to haul away the refuse, and they were closing the claim. In my opinion Country financial is the worst Insurance company I have ever heard of. Mr ** was totally unprofessional and extremely rude and had a superior attitude. My business with them will be ending shortly!!!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

Took about 4 months to follow up with a claim. SCOTT ** was the adjuster. Have to say, I've never corresponded with someone as slow and incompetent. I'm surprised he has a career with Country Financial Homeowners Insurance in Alpharetta, GA rating his professionalism. I hope Country Financial Homeowners Insurance does something to improve their overall customer service. Looking at your stars and ratings and being a business owner I would. Probably the first day my company has received a bad review. This is directly to Scott ** at Country Financial Homeowners Insurance.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

They were not efficient in communicating with me about very important details with my policy. I had to call them to find out they were cancelling my policy due to changes. I would never recommended them anyone.

Original review: July 5, 2016

They jacked up my bill over $220.00 a year for no reason. They say inflation, I say greed. They said everyone got jacked up, again I say greed. For someone that has never claimed nothing to get an increase is fraud. Inflation is caused by the insurance companies and government that get paid off by insurance companies to do what they want like jack up our bills for no reason. If you are looking for a new insurance, do not stop here! Keep looking! I have not had any claims on home owners and car insurance, as it stands I paid $1800.00 a year for both and now they decided to jack it up $220.00 more. This is so nice since I do everything I can to prevent claims. Corporate greed and fraud.

Original review: June 28, 2016

Does not respond to claims promptly or fairly. Adjuster grossly underestimated repair costs, in fact car cannot be repaired at all. If you use this company, expect to be going to court if you are involved in an accident. They will refuse to pay for damages that you cause if you are found to be at fault.

Original review: March 21, 2016

I have been a customer of Country Financial for 20+ years and have never had a claim. Four months ago, my boyfriend backed into someone in my car. They raised my rates from $648.00 for full coverage to $824.00 for six months. I just cancelled today. GEICO was $564.00 for six months and my deductible is only $250.00 and not $ 500.00, along with better coverage. They even said if I take an online class that they would lower my payment to $511.00. Country Financial is company is the biggest rip-off and they do not care about their customers. I wish I would have changed years ago!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2016

We have been with Country Financial for over 20 plus yrs. We had a claim concerning our roof and asked the claim rep to look over the entire roof. There have been storms in our area and we called in a claim to view the roof. From the claims reps that visited our home they all said "Your roof is fine and will last another 10 yrs." Then we received a letter from Country Financial saying that they are sending out a professional roof inspector to view our roof and we did not need to be at home. Later we got a letter in the mail stating that Country Financial would not be insuring our roof because it needed replaced. What kind of crap is that! I called our agent and he said this was the companies doing and out of his hands.

So in other words Country Financial is saying that we (the homeowners) damaged our roof. Our roof was damaged due to the storms and hail we had in our state and mostly everyone on our street was getting their roof replace because of that so Country Financial is saying the storm and hail just passed over our home. We've had our cars, life and homeowners insured by Country Financial and very little claims in 20 plus years. This is so unfair and if anyone finds out about a lawsuit against this issue please contact me.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2016

I was told a wrong information by Country Financial Customer Service. When speaking with Emily ** - Customer Service manager she said that they can't do anything about it besides saying sorry and disconnected. Their mistake cost me hundreds of dollars. I'm shocked that multibillion company like Country Financial treats their customers like that. After 6 years of being their customer they said there is nothing that they can do. In result I will lose multi-policy discount which is equal to $414 as of January 25th, 2016. Please think twice before you choose your insurance company.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2016

It's going on a month and a half, and still no policy reinstated. My account was terminated when asked to make a SMALL CHANGE to my policy (which I stated 3 times). I was told the change was made. A week later - policy CANCELED! The company has refused to activate the policy again. Nothing was owed, all payments were on time. This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with and I'm glad to say in 3 days I will be back on AAA and paying a little extra to Progressive (whom I wanted to go to in the first place). I would NEVER do business with this company. A complete joke of customer service and their entire "underwriting" team seems to be an even bigger group of jokers. DO NOT USE COUNTRY FINANCIAL.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2016

To those of you that are so happy w/ your Country Financial Insurance - BUT HAVE NEVER FILED A CLAIM - I wish you all the best! They apparently are just fine... until You NEED them! What good is an insurance company that is more than happy to take your money every month - for decades - but when You go to file your first claim, after the entire state has been declared a disaster due to the flooding and a WINDSTORM AND RAIN like nobody has Ever seen... your roof is half gone - half of the trees, if still standing have lost all of their limbs - and half of your ceiling is on your floor... they DENY YOUR CLAIM?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2015

Been with this insurance co. for 20 years. No accident. No ticket in 4 years. They were charging me almost triple of what other insurance co. would. Left them after my insurance expired and they're still wanting me to pay them because I didn't notify them. I was already insured by another co. There were no claims with this horrible co. Asked for information and they are rude and disrespectful. Do not use them!!!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2015

We have had a pleasant experience with Country Financial. Our representative is knowledgeable about the company and insurance that would be useful for us. We have not had a claim with them so I cannot comment about how the end of the company operates.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2015

Efficient, thorough and reasonable prices. All claims are handled professionally and quickly. Am always able to speak to someone in person when I call. Paperwork is completed and presented for review when there are any changes.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2015

Company is great and have received great service in the past. Was a little disappointed when I changed my car insurance to another company and saved a lot of money, but they did not offer homeowners insurance. The price of my homeowners policy was dramatically increased.

Country Financial Homeowners Insurance Company Information