Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare and Save - Protect Your Home

Compare Quotes

72 Country Financial Homeowners Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 30, 2019

We had bought home and auto insurance (bundled) from an Independent Agent for over 30 years because they have more than 10 providers to get a better rate. So they always beat State Farm, Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO due to their Provider's lower expenses (m = no advertising). Well, Country Financial doesn't advertise either. Surprisingly, they beat our Independent Agent (who my wife had worked for back in the 90's) both in COST, plus they increased our home coverage with an additional 1 million umbrella coverage, and they increased our home replacement cost an additional $10,000. This package included two riders to the home policy that we had with the Independent. Again, Country Financial's cost was LESS.

If you go to their website, scroll down to the bottom and click on Site Map to see all of their services. Click on any of them to see if they can help you with other financial needs. Our agent is low key, and brought up things that we had not thought of, so it paid us to sit down and discuss our needs. We are retirees, and recommend that you contact them.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I recently bought this insurance mobile and home and I switched everything over. The agent was nice and knowledgeable. However after we bought the policies I felt like she was never available. Also became substantially worse after I went through a divorce and had to sell my house. I never feel like a priority. I never got calls returned. The call center was the worst part. I took my policy. I’ll direct billing at least four different times and I still build direct and took from account. And takes them weeks to refund their mistake and will only do it by paper check. I found the exact same coverage for half the cost with another company. Will never go back or recommend.

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I have had Country Insurance for years. I have never filed a claim for my home. I had hail damage and filed a claim. The company has failed to provide enough insurance money for me to even fix half of what has been damaged by the storm. Within the paperwork is a clause that includes matching. However, they state the matching is listed as exclusionary, although it isn't worded that way. All of my neighbors, with other insurance companies, had no issues with getting their legitimate damage covered. I am an ethical, honest person, and I always do the right thing. Not only has this process been unethical, but the professionalism of the people at Country has been subpar and unsatisfying as a customer. Prior to this I had been a satisfied customer.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I changed the Country Financial because I wanted one contact person to speak to. An agent that I know, that knows my financial needs and keeps in contact with me. I had that in a fellow named John at Country Financial. He was great returned my phone calls whenever I had a question or generally wanted to add another policy. I have four policies currently with Country Financial and for two years I have not had an agent and keep being told that I'm going to be assigned an agent. How long does it take to assign an agent? So some "supervisor" is making good money off my policies and not servicing them whatsoever!!! Sick of Country Financial! I pay more money to this company than I need to. I'm so done and I'm currently looking for a new insurance company!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Got a quote for insurance then started receiving a bill with no papers signed then started getting calls from a bill collector saying I owed money on insurance I never went with. Have tried calling numerous times. What a joke.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Country Financial Homeowners Insurance?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Country Financial Insurance has been an awful experience. First, they incorrectly wrote my insurance policy so after paying for 10 years, I had a small claim and they tied to say it wasn't covered even after they admitted that they had given me an incorrect policy for the type home. I added a car to the policy but within 2 months they changed my rate to $20 more per month without even contacting me. When I pitched a fit, they changed it back this summer. Only, I've again, after a couple months, bumped it back up hoping that I wouldn't notice on my auto draft. I had enough and cancelled my car insurance only to get a check a month later saying that they had dropped my homeowners insurance as well (notice came 3 weeks after the date they terminated) and reimbursing me for the rate. I called immediately but they refused to help. I'm disgusted with this company.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I had a life insurance policy through Country on my now deceased ex husband and with the money I had left after helping to pay off my kids college tuition and weddings and help them with a home downpayment my Insurance agent urged me to invest to make more money so that I could retire. I met with their financial services personnel and signed up and made some money while paying them several hundred dollars a month to manage it until I could see that the stock market was getting volition and I talked to my agent. He kept urging me to stay with them because I would lose all the money I invested if the stocks came up but he was not putting my money in the more Conservative stocks and I was losing at least $3000 to $5000 a day and the fund lost over 12% value before I finally pulled out. Do not allow them to talk you into their financial Services!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

My insurance is through Country Financial and I love my insurance agent. We went with her because she is like "part of our family". She insurances my parents and all of my siblings. She has been here for all my family for many years and she takes care of things without me even having to ask. We stay because she gives the best customer service. Country Financial's rates could always be lower than they are. However, she contacted me about a claim after the hurricane based just on what she has read about my issues on my Facebook page.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I have had Country Financial for over 10 years and my wife had them 22 years. They seem great at sign up, I had no issues on a claim. My problem is the last 6 years my homeowner’s insurance kept going up a $100 roughly every year. This year they tried to play games with me covering my daughter under our policy which her mother (x-wife) has her on her insurance. They chose to add $130 a month without asking first and just direct debit which I caught. This is when the games began of wanting proof of her coverage and my agent saying it’s out of her control... I switched to State Farm and saved $2300 a year on the exact same coverage.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

My ex-landlord has a homeowner policy with Country Financial. His Dog Attacked mine causing injuries that require followup surgery, because the adjuster at Country Financial Heather Strong does not like the way the estimates are written (because vets computer system can only Bill not estimate future expected fees). So I cannot get the money needed to finish my dog's needed treatment. Which is less than 1,800.00 most attaches from a dog the size and as aggressive as my ex-landlord's dog. With a small blind dog would be much higher. I was willing to settle for the estimated amount and pay the difference if needed just to get him back into the vet. But it's been 2 weeks and she is still saying she needs the estimate to say exactly what the fee is for. At this point no vet can estimate and will not see him without payment. So my dog and I both suffer even more from my ex landlord's negligence.

Country Financial Homeowners Insurance Company Information