Country Financial Homeowners Insurance

Compare Homeowners Insurance Companies

Research top Homeowners Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

On 2/19/17 a shared water line to my condo busted and flooded my area. I contacted the association that evening. The following day a restoration company arrived. They had put holes in my drywall in order to access the exterior party wall. Air movers were placed in those areas for 3 days to dry out. When the HOA filed the claim with country the claim adjuster stated I was responsible for the dry out. I tried to explain the dry out was for the exterior not the interior wall. Unfortunately I was stuck paying the bill. If the adjuster would of taken 15 minutes out of his time to come over & assess the damage I believe I would have had different results. This is the worst insurance company I had to work with. Worse yet they are our insurers for the HOA.

I had been a Count States Insurance customer for over 50 years and they got bought out by COUNTRY INSURANCE and I had a water leak claim and it took contractor over a month to fix and we were eating out because we were inconvenienced with dishwasher being out. I think these folks are nothing but out crooks. BUYER BEWARE FOR SURE. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO NO ONE.

I had Country insurance for almost ten years. Had one claim for under 500 which agent advised me to file a claim. Now couple years later I'm in process of purchasing a home and didn't realize that claim would greatly affect me getting coverage at fair market rate. I check with several insurance companies that stated if they had been my agent they would never had advised me to file that claim. I tried to settle that matter with corporate several times. They were nasty and rude. I would not recommend this company to a dog. I will never ever use them again. The only good thing about Country Financial is they will do prompt payments but trust me you will pay for it. Hopefully they will get better. However I'm not holding my breath. Worst company ever.

I have been with Country Financial for 8 months and they are the WORST to work with. They entered my account number wrong in their system and because of this they did not receive my down payment or my 1st month payment. Setting me behind. I originally pay 183, but because of their mistake, I have to pay 325 a month to get caught up. When I called to complain about this problem, they said there's nothing they can do and I just have to pay my payments. BULL CRAP! This was so on their end not mine. I should have gotten a discount or something for their mistake!

Then I had someone hack my check books and my bank account was on freeze and no money could be taken out until I went to the bank to get everything cleared. I was 1 day late, I called them on the 16th (my payments are due on the 15th) to explain what happened and they told me that because I am late that they would charge an extra 25.00 for late fee. UNACCEPTABLE. Also told me that I could pay it on the 16th but they would rather me pay it when I got my invoice because "It's easier for them". THEY DO NOT WORK WITH THEIR CUSTOMERS AT ALL. THEY ARE GREEDY AND VERY RUDE.

On 10/21/16 I cancelled my auto insurance account and started a new one with Progressive. On 10/25/16 COUNTRY FINANCIAL charged my account $498.00. I have gotten the run around in regards to my refund. First I was told that the charges would be reversed in 1-2 days. That did not happen. Next I was told I will have a refund sent in the mail in a couple of days. That also not happened. I was also told that they do not track checks that they send out in the mail. Today is Nov. 2, 2016 and I still do not have a refund. Please do not consider COUNTRY FINANCIAL for insurance. They are a FRAUD. I cancelled service and they still took money from my account four days later and have not returned my funds. That is considered thief. What a company. This happened at the Belleville Illinois office.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Country Financial Homeowners Insurance?

Been with Country for over 25 years. In that time I filed 3 claims. All my neighbors got 2 new roofs for hail damage in that 25 years from their insurance companies. My roof each time the sand was beat off into my gutters, and whirly birds dented to heck. Roofers said hail damage. Called adjusters out both times and the first time would only cover 3 squares, as for my 8 neighbors around me they all got new roofs. The second time sand beat off singles and whirly birds dented to heck. Neighbors all got new roofs from their insurance company. County said manufacture defect. They do not pay claims on your house. Just collect premiums from you. Don't use them. You will be alone when your home is damaged.

After having a homeowners policy and life insurance for 2 years I received a letter saying my insurance will be terminated for nonpayment of a farm bureau fee. Since my insurance is escrowed and everything is paid by the mortgage company, I emailed my agent Brian ** to see what the issue was. After being told my membership was past due and I would need to pay for it plus a reinstatement fee, I said I would pay for the membership, but the $10 reinstatement fee needed to be waived.

Since I was told everything was being escrowed and paying about $2400/year, you would think there would be some understanding and a simple $10 fee wouldn't be charged, but heck no. I was told, by the agent it is not in his control and call the bureau. That is not exactly the customer service I would expect, so after more emails of the basic I don't care attitude from the agent, I terminated my insurance. BTW, I got much better coverage for $20 more per year from another carrier, and that is even before my discount for multi-policy will kick in. In an industry where I can get the same product from multiple people, customer service is huge for me, so hopefully this agent will get better at it for his other clients.

On May 3rd 2015, I had hail damage on my home. 7 of my aluminum clad windows along with 2 sides of vinyl siding were damaged. Mr. Brad ** of Country Financial inspected my home. He stated that they would pay to have the windows RE-CLAD while still installed on my home (Neither I nor 3 professional contractors including the one that Mr. ** scheduled, have ever heard of re-cladding a window in the field!). He then stated that insurance would only pay to replace 1 of the sides of damaged siding even when he knew that the color would not match the original siding, then they were going to use some of the old siding to repair the second damaged side.

I told him that I was not going to let him cheapen the value of my home with such amateurish repairs. Mr. ** tried to get me to accept a check for a little over $2000.00 for the damages. I refused to accept it. My contractor sent an estimate for windows and siding to Mr **. He still refused to replace all of my siding. I then wrote a letter to the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce. During this time my contractor was forced to take other jobs and rescheduled me for later.

Surprisingly on the day I got a response from the Chamber of Commerce I received a letter from Country Financial stating that they had reviewed my policy and the repairs would be covered. Finally in May of 2016, The repairs were complete, but Then Mr. ** sent a letter stating that they would not pay for the dumpster needed to haul away the refuse, and they were closing the claim. In my opinion Country financial is the worst Insurance company I have ever heard of. Mr ** was totally unprofessional and extremely rude and had a superior attitude. My business with them will be ending shortly!!!

Took about 4 months to follow up with a claim. SCOTT ** was the adjuster. Have to say, I've never corresponded with someone as slow and incompetent. I'm surprised he has a career with Country Financial Homeowners Insurance in Alpharetta, GA rating his professionalism. I hope Country Financial Homeowners Insurance does something to improve their overall customer service. Looking at your stars and ratings and being a business owner I would. Probably the first day my company has received a bad review. This is directly to Scott ** at Country Financial Homeowners Insurance.

They were not efficient in communicating with me about very important details with my policy. I had to call them to find out they were cancelling my policy due to changes. I would never recommended them anyone.

They jacked up my bill over $220.00 a year for no reason. They say inflation, I say greed. They said everyone got jacked up, again I say greed. For someone that has never claimed nothing to get an increase is fraud. Inflation is caused by the insurance companies and government that get paid off by insurance companies to do what they want like jack up our bills for no reason. If you are looking for a new insurance, do not stop here! Keep looking! I have not had any claims on home owners and car insurance, as it stands I paid $1800.00 a year for both and now they decided to jack it up $220.00 more. This is so nice since I do everything I can to prevent claims. Corporate greed and fraud.

Does not respond to claims promptly or fairly. Adjuster grossly underestimated repair costs, in fact car cannot be repaired at all. If you use this company, expect to be going to court if you are involved in an accident. They will refuse to pay for damages that you cause if you are found to be at fault.

I have been a customer of Country Financial for 20+ years and have never had a claim. Four months ago, my boyfriend backed into someone in my car. They raised my rates from $648.00 for full coverage to $824.00 for six months. I just cancelled today. GEICO was $564.00 for six months and my deductible is only $250.00 and not $ 500.00, along with better coverage. They even said if I take an online class that they would lower my payment to $511.00. Country Financial is company is the biggest rip-off and they do not care about their customers. I wish I would have changed years ago!!

We have been with Country Financial for over 20 plus yrs. We had a claim concerning our roof and asked the claim rep to look over the entire roof. There have been storms in our area and we called in a claim to view the roof. From the claims reps that visited our home they all said "Your roof is fine and will last another 10 yrs." Then we received a letter from Country Financial saying that they are sending out a professional roof inspector to view our roof and we did not need to be at home. Later we got a letter in the mail stating that Country Financial would not be insuring our roof because it needed replaced. What kind of crap is that! I called our agent and he said this was the companies doing and out of his hands.

So in other words Country Financial is saying that we (the homeowners) damaged our roof. Our roof was damaged due to the storms and hail we had in our state and mostly everyone on our street was getting their roof replace because of that so Country Financial is saying the storm and hail just passed over our home. We've had our cars, life and homeowners insured by Country Financial and very little claims in 20 plus years. This is so unfair and if anyone finds out about a lawsuit against this issue please contact me.

I was told a wrong information by Country Financial Customer Service. When speaking with Emily ** - Customer Service manager she said that they can't do anything about it besides saying sorry and disconnected. Their mistake cost me hundreds of dollars. I'm shocked that multibillion company like Country Financial treats their customers like that. After 6 years of being their customer they said there is nothing that they can do. In result I will lose multi-policy discount which is equal to $414 as of January 25th, 2016. Please think twice before you choose your insurance company.

It's going on a month and a half, and still no policy reinstated. My account was terminated when asked to make a SMALL CHANGE to my policy (which I stated 3 times). I was told the change was made. A week later - policy CANCELED! The company has refused to activate the policy again. Nothing was owed, all payments were on time. This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with and I'm glad to say in 3 days I will be back on AAA and paying a little extra to Progressive (whom I wanted to go to in the first place). I would NEVER do business with this company. A complete joke of customer service and their entire "underwriting" team seems to be an even bigger group of jokers. DO NOT USE COUNTRY FINANCIAL.

To those of you that are so happy w/ your Country Financial Insurance - BUT HAVE NEVER FILED A CLAIM - I wish you all the best! They apparently are just fine... until You NEED them! What good is an insurance company that is more than happy to take your money every month - for decades - but when You go to file your first claim, after the entire state has been declared a disaster due to the flooding and a WINDSTORM AND RAIN like nobody has Ever seen... your roof is half gone - half of the trees, if still standing have lost all of their limbs - and half of your ceiling is on your floor... they DENY YOUR CLAIM?

Been with this insurance co. for 20 years. No accident. No ticket in 4 years. They were charging me almost triple of what other insurance co. would. Left them after my insurance expired and they're still wanting me to pay them because I didn't notify them. I was already insured by another co. There were no claims with this horrible co. Asked for information and they are rude and disrespectful. Do not use them!!!

We have had a pleasant experience with Country Financial. Our representative is knowledgeable about the company and insurance that would be useful for us. We have not had a claim with them so I cannot comment about how the end of the company operates.

Efficient, thorough and reasonable prices. All claims are handled professionally and quickly. Am always able to speak to someone in person when I call. Paperwork is completed and presented for review when there are any changes.

Company is great and have received great service in the past. Was a little disappointed when I changed my car insurance to another company and saved a lot of money, but they did not offer homeowners insurance. The price of my homeowners policy was dramatically increased.

Haven't had any claims to handle. Price is competitive with other carriers. Happy with the service.

Premiums go up every year. Don't understand it because the coverage stays the same. I have never made a claim and don't think my premiums should keep going up.

Great company to work with, my agent was very professional and thorough in making sure I had the insurance coverage that I needed. You could tell they genuinely cared about me. Even when I had a claim they were fast and didn't cut corners to pay the claim and get my car fixed!!!

We've been with Country Companies for 21 years, this year. We have had outstanding Insurance Agents; **. But these yo-yo's here in Las Vegas have had no interaction or customer follow up with us since we moved here. When we moved to Las Vegas, no one would return our call. Then the one agent who did kept screwing up the details of our policy and request. I finally had enough and told them to get me someone else. ** became our new rep. After four years, we've still never met face to face and the ONLY interaction we have had has been initiated by myself.

I'm so mad I could spit nails. And to top it off, I have a feeling we've been overcharged insurance premiums since we moved here. How can another insurance company insure our 4 vehicles, carrying the same exact coverage and a lower deductible, beat Country by 300 per month? 300.00! We have had no claims in 5 years. One claim in the last 15 years and our premiums just kept going up and up. Some case it went down, but then there was no follow-up as to why.

That's something I always appreciated about **. The fact that she has a relationship with her customer base and actually has an interest in what's best. The agents in Las Vegas need to find another occupation. We've been here 4 years and not once has my agent ever contacted us. I'm always the one contacting her. And we've still never met face to face. I find the lack of customer service here in Las Vegas, by Country, is zero to none. I'm so stinking discouraged and upset that I'm totally second guessing our decision to stay with you for so long. We have 8 life insurance policies with you and I'm really on fence on whether or not to keep them with you. I don't care how much it costs me at this point. I can pay for the difference using the money I save in auto premiums.

Honestly, I feel cheated and used. We've paid over 35k in auto premiums in the last 5 years. That's enough to buy a car! No claims, until Wednesday when a boulder hit my son's windshield. I find out that I agreed to decline the glass coverage to help reduce his insurance premiums. His premium went down last year and we never got an opportunity to go over the policy again to hear recommendations of adding what we deleted. So, after 5 years of paying out thousands of dollars, and at the moment, spending 700.00 per month for auto, I have to pay 500.00 out of pocket for a windshield. I'm furious! I'm sure there could have been a way to back the claim out or cancel, add the coverage and then make the claim.

Oh well, I'm tired of dealing with this Las Vegas office. We are moving our auto and homeowner policies to another company. I informed our agent of this decision on Thursday... no call, no email regarding our desire to leave. Probably glad to get rid of me. I don't know. I just don't understand how you let a 21 year customer walk away over a glass claim. I guess my Midwest roots are sore. I wanted to let you know the reason and I want to tell someone about this. Either represent your customers with the same exemplary service as other places or close up shop in Vegas. Someone in upper management needs to know what the heck is going on in Las Vegas. After 21 years, I just feel like I'm experiencing a bad divorce. :( I think we deserve better than this, and so do your other Las Vegas residents.

Absolutely one of the worst experiences in my career. I own and operate my own company which I have built from the ground up. I deal with all sorts of business owners, representatives, clients and other professionals in my line of business. For this reason, I have very thick skin and understand the day to day challenges of success. I typically do not leave negative reviews but in this case I feel that my experience needs to be heard. If you are counting on an insurance company to cover your back and support you, Country Mutual is not where you want to be.

** has caused so many headaches for me and my company over the past year it is unfathomable. Time after time, I gave him understanding and patience but at a certain point enough is enough. Country Financial has let me down in the following ways; complete lack of communication of account updates, billing and responses to changing needs. Never met a single deadline. I couldn't even get a declarations page within a month. Never updated my banking account to continue auto pay for my commercial vehicles. Instead it was ignored for 5 months.

I needed to add a venue as an additional insured. 4 months later I received it (after several phone calls). ** blamed all of his/my account troubles on the prior agent. A professional would address and represent a client as their own, no matter the past. A professional would also make a client feel secure which I never did. Did I mention not being billed for auto insurance for 5 months with no phone call or any notification? I was forced to pay 2 months after leaving Country Financial which amounted to over $1,000.00. "**, why am I being issued an outstanding balance of over $1,300.00?" "Don't worry about it **, I will take care of this and alert you to any question." 6 weeks later a collection agency is calling me.

Upon calling ** and informing him of my desire to change providers, his response was "I was waiting for this call." In hindsight I should have cancelled with this guy from the start but I made the mistake of considering him a professional. Something else to note is after leaving Country Mutual, my new (and current) representative was absolutely astonished by the lack of coverage for my business. He says that I am very fortunate that no incident happened under their coverage. If you are reading this review I hope you know that Country Mutual Insurance is an absolutely terrible company. I wholeheartedly wish you never have to go through what I have gone through.

I have very negative experience with the company.. The company hiring unprofessional agents and using unprofessional practices.. We were lured and misled with a good rate while we were in the buying process of our new home. When all our buying process was done and we didn't have any contact with the seller then they started asking for a little details about our house (when heater was inspected and maintained) and if we didn't have that information (the information was not requested in time) they just used falsified information to increased our insurance rate.

Country Financial used to be a very reputable company to deal with, but the past 20 years things have been deteriorating fast at this insurance company. Our dealing with them over biohazard (blood) clean up was rejected and now it's going to court.

My husband was in a car accident with a country companies insured. The accident happened over two months ago and we still haven't received payment for our repairs. I was inconvenienced without a car for two weeks. My husband was the one corresponding with the claims adjuster and I finally had to call them today to get something resolved. I've never dealt with such an unprofessional company.

I was contacted by mail and told my car insurance was going to be dropped if I didn't pay my farm bureau fees. I was totally caught off guard. I have never heard of the farm bureau so I contacted country and they told me "all is well on our end, just disregard that letter." So 3 weeks go by and my tags on my vehicle expires. I go to get new tags and I didn't know my insurance policy number so I called country and the guy on the phone says "here's your policy number but you haven't had auto insurance with us since February." I was angry and confused and without tags. I talked to him for a while and he told me about the farm bureau fee's and I explained to him what the other lady had said to me. He said that she was incorrect and I had no insurance and told me to call the farm bureau and get a membership set up. I call them and they tell me I have to do it through my country financial rep.

I called ** and he's in a meeting and says he's going to return my call.. never does. So I talked to another customer service person and they email me the paperwork I need to fill out so I do. I tried to turn it into my local country financial office and they won't take it, said it has to go to my reps office 45 m away. So I call customer service again and they have to personally call my local office and persuade them to fax it for me. Now they have all the paperwork and my policy should be reinstated... WRONG!!

Now they have found another issue. 2 months ago I had switched to auto withdrawal and they lost all my info leaving me with a past due amt. that they wanted right away of course. I asked if I could get temporary coverage till I got the money. I don't get paid till next week. They said "Absolutely not. Our underwriting would never approve that". In a nut shell don't go through COUNTRY Financial. You will regret it. You don't want to get in an accident and call your rep and him tell you "sorry you're NOT covered." Save yourself the headache... BELIEVE ME.

Country Financial Homeowners Insurance Company Profile