Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare and Save - Protect Your Home

Compare Quotes

71 Country Financial Homeowners Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 21, 2016

I have been a customer of Country Financial for 20+ years and have never had a claim. Four months ago, my boyfriend backed into someone in my car. They raised my rates from $648.00 for full coverage to $824.00 for six months. I just cancelled today. GEICO was $564.00 for six months and my deductible is only $250.00 and not $ 500.00, along with better coverage. They even said if I take an online class that they would lower my payment to $511.00. Country Financial is company is the biggest rip-off and they do not care about their customers. I wish I would have changed years ago!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2016

We have been with Country Financial for over 20 plus yrs. We had a claim concerning our roof and asked the claim rep to look over the entire roof. There have been storms in our area and we called in a claim to view the roof. From the claims reps that visited our home they all said "Your roof is fine and will last another 10 yrs." Then we received a letter from Country Financial saying that they are sending out a professional roof inspector to view our roof and we did not need to be at home. Later we got a letter in the mail stating that Country Financial would not be insuring our roof because it needed replaced. What kind of crap is that! I called our agent and he said this was the companies doing and out of his hands.

So in other words Country Financial is saying that we (the homeowners) damaged our roof. Our roof was damaged due to the storms and hail we had in our state and mostly everyone on our street was getting their roof replace because of that so Country Financial is saying the storm and hail just passed over our home. We've had our cars, life and homeowners insured by Country Financial and very little claims in 20 plus years. This is so unfair and if anyone finds out about a lawsuit against this issue please contact me.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2016

I was told a wrong information by Country Financial Customer Service. When speaking with Emily ** - Customer Service manager she said that they can't do anything about it besides saying sorry and disconnected. Their mistake cost me hundreds of dollars. I'm shocked that multibillion company like Country Financial treats their customers like that. After 6 years of being their customer they said there is nothing that they can do. In result I will lose multi-policy discount which is equal to $414 as of January 25th, 2016. Please think twice before you choose your insurance company.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2016

It's going on a month and a half, and still no policy reinstated. My account was terminated when asked to make a SMALL CHANGE to my policy (which I stated 3 times). I was told the change was made. A week later - policy CANCELED! The company has refused to activate the policy again. Nothing was owed, all payments were on time. This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with and I'm glad to say in 3 days I will be back on AAA and paying a little extra to Progressive (whom I wanted to go to in the first place). I would NEVER do business with this company. A complete joke of customer service and their entire "underwriting" team seems to be an even bigger group of jokers. DO NOT USE COUNTRY FINANCIAL.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2016

To those of you that are so happy w/ your Country Financial Insurance - BUT HAVE NEVER FILED A CLAIM - I wish you all the best! They apparently are just fine... until You NEED them! What good is an insurance company that is more than happy to take your money every month - for decades - but when You go to file your first claim, after the entire state has been declared a disaster due to the flooding and a WINDSTORM AND RAIN like nobody has Ever seen... your roof is half gone - half of the trees, if still standing have lost all of their limbs - and half of your ceiling is on your floor... they DENY YOUR CLAIM?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Country Financial Homeowners Insurance?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2015

Been with this insurance co. for 20 years. No accident. No ticket in 4 years. They were charging me almost triple of what other insurance co. would. Left them after my insurance expired and they're still wanting me to pay them because I didn't notify them. I was already insured by another co. There were no claims with this horrible co. Asked for information and they are rude and disrespectful. Do not use them!!!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2015

We have had a pleasant experience with Country Financial. Our representative is knowledgeable about the company and insurance that would be useful for us. We have not had a claim with them so I cannot comment about how the end of the company operates.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2015

Efficient, thorough and reasonable prices. All claims are handled professionally and quickly. Am always able to speak to someone in person when I call. Paperwork is completed and presented for review when there are any changes.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2015

Company is great and have received great service in the past. Was a little disappointed when I changed my car insurance to another company and saved a lot of money, but they did not offer homeowners insurance. The price of my homeowners policy was dramatically increased.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2015

Haven't had any claims to handle. Price is competitive with other carriers. Happy with the service.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2015

Premiums go up every year. Don't understand it because the coverage stays the same. I have never made a claim and don't think my premiums should keep going up.

Original review: July 14, 2015

Great company to work with, my agent was very professional and thorough in making sure I had the insurance coverage that I needed. You could tell they genuinely cared about me. Even when I had a claim they were fast and didn't cut corners to pay the claim and get my car fixed!!!

Original review: June 1, 2015

We've been with Country Companies for 21 years, this year. We have had outstanding Insurance Agents; **. But these yo-yo's here in Las Vegas have had no interaction or customer follow up with us since we moved here. When we moved to Las Vegas, no one would return our call. Then the one agent who did kept screwing up the details of our policy and request. I finally had enough and told them to get me someone else. ** became our new rep. After four years, we've still never met face to face and the ONLY interaction we have had has been initiated by myself.

I'm so mad I could spit nails. And to top it off, I have a feeling we've been overcharged insurance premiums since we moved here. How can another insurance company insure our 4 vehicles, carrying the same exact coverage and a lower deductible, beat Country by 300 per month? 300.00! We have had no claims in 5 years. One claim in the last 15 years and our premiums just kept going up and up. Some case it went down, but then there was no follow-up as to why.

That's something I always appreciated about **. The fact that she has a relationship with her customer base and actually has an interest in what's best. The agents in Las Vegas need to find another occupation. We've been here 4 years and not once has my agent ever contacted us. I'm always the one contacting her. And we've still never met face to face. I find the lack of customer service here in Las Vegas, by Country, is zero to none. I'm so stinking discouraged and upset that I'm totally second guessing our decision to stay with you for so long. We have 8 life insurance policies with you and I'm really on fence on whether or not to keep them with you. I don't care how much it costs me at this point. I can pay for the difference using the money I save in auto premiums.

Honestly, I feel cheated and used. We've paid over 35k in auto premiums in the last 5 years. That's enough to buy a car! No claims, until Wednesday when a boulder hit my son's windshield. I find out that I agreed to decline the glass coverage to help reduce his insurance premiums. His premium went down last year and we never got an opportunity to go over the policy again to hear recommendations of adding what we deleted. So, after 5 years of paying out thousands of dollars, and at the moment, spending 700.00 per month for auto, I have to pay 500.00 out of pocket for a windshield. I'm furious! I'm sure there could have been a way to back the claim out or cancel, add the coverage and then make the claim.

Oh well, I'm tired of dealing with this Las Vegas office. We are moving our auto and homeowner policies to another company. I informed our agent of this decision on Thursday... no call, no email regarding our desire to leave. Probably glad to get rid of me. I don't know. I just don't understand how you let a 21 year customer walk away over a glass claim. I guess my Midwest roots are sore. I wanted to let you know the reason and I want to tell someone about this. Either represent your customers with the same exemplary service as other places or close up shop in Vegas. Someone in upper management needs to know what the heck is going on in Las Vegas. After 21 years, I just feel like I'm experiencing a bad divorce. :( I think we deserve better than this, and so do your other Las Vegas residents.

Original review: May 20, 2015

Absolutely one of the worst experiences in my career. I own and operate my own company which I have built from the ground up. I deal with all sorts of business owners, representatives, clients and other professionals in my line of business. For this reason, I have very thick skin and understand the day to day challenges of success. I typically do not leave negative reviews but in this case I feel that my experience needs to be heard. If you are counting on an insurance company to cover your back and support you, Country Mutual is not where you want to be.

** has caused so many headaches for me and my company over the past year it is unfathomable. Time after time, I gave him understanding and patience but at a certain point enough is enough. Country Financial has let me down in the following ways; complete lack of communication of account updates, billing and responses to changing needs. Never met a single deadline. I couldn't even get a declarations page within a month. Never updated my banking account to continue auto pay for my commercial vehicles. Instead it was ignored for 5 months.

I needed to add a venue as an additional insured. 4 months later I received it (after several phone calls). ** blamed all of his/my account troubles on the prior agent. A professional would address and represent a client as their own, no matter the past. A professional would also make a client feel secure which I never did. Did I mention not being billed for auto insurance for 5 months with no phone call or any notification? I was forced to pay 2 months after leaving Country Financial which amounted to over $1,000.00. "**, why am I being issued an outstanding balance of over $1,300.00?" "Don't worry about it **, I will take care of this and alert you to any question." 6 weeks later a collection agency is calling me.

Upon calling ** and informing him of my desire to change providers, his response was "I was waiting for this call." In hindsight I should have cancelled with this guy from the start but I made the mistake of considering him a professional. Something else to note is after leaving Country Mutual, my new (and current) representative was absolutely astonished by the lack of coverage for my business. He says that I am very fortunate that no incident happened under their coverage. If you are reading this review I hope you know that Country Mutual Insurance is an absolutely terrible company. I wholeheartedly wish you never have to go through what I have gone through.

Original review: May 13, 2015

I have very negative experience with the company.. The company hiring unprofessional agents and using unprofessional practices.. We were lured and misled with a good rate while we were in the buying process of our new home. When all our buying process was done and we didn't have any contact with the seller then they started asking for a little details about our house (when heater was inspected and maintained) and if we didn't have that information (the information was not requested in time) they just used falsified information to increased our insurance rate.

Original review: May 12, 2015

Country Financial used to be a very reputable company to deal with, but the past 20 years things have been deteriorating fast at this insurance company. Our dealing with them over biohazard (blood) clean up was rejected and now it's going to court.

Original review: April 21, 2015

My husband was in a car accident with a country companies insured. The accident happened over two months ago and we still haven't received payment for our repairs. I was inconvenienced without a car for two weeks. My husband was the one corresponding with the claims adjuster and I finally had to call them today to get something resolved. I've never dealt with such an unprofessional company.

Original review: March 13, 2015

I was contacted by mail and told my car insurance was going to be dropped if I didn't pay my farm bureau fees. I was totally caught off guard. I have never heard of the farm bureau so I contacted country and they told me "all is well on our end, just disregard that letter." So 3 weeks go by and my tags on my vehicle expires. I go to get new tags and I didn't know my insurance policy number so I called country and the guy on the phone says "here's your policy number but you haven't had auto insurance with us since February." I was angry and confused and without tags. I talked to him for a while and he told me about the farm bureau fee's and I explained to him what the other lady had said to me. He said that she was incorrect and I had no insurance and told me to call the farm bureau and get a membership set up. I call them and they tell me I have to do it through my country financial rep.

I called ** and he's in a meeting and says he's going to return my call.. never does. So I talked to another customer service person and they email me the paperwork I need to fill out so I do. I tried to turn it into my local country financial office and they won't take it, said it has to go to my reps office 45 m away. So I call customer service again and they have to personally call my local office and persuade them to fax it for me. Now they have all the paperwork and my policy should be reinstated... WRONG!!

Now they have found another issue. 2 months ago I had switched to auto withdrawal and they lost all my info leaving me with a past due amt. that they wanted right away of course. I asked if I could get temporary coverage till I got the money. I don't get paid till next week. They said "Absolutely not. Our underwriting would never approve that". In a nut shell don't go through COUNTRY Financial. You will regret it. You don't want to get in an accident and call your rep and him tell you "sorry you're NOT covered." Save yourself the headache... BELIEVE ME.

Original review: March 13, 2015

On March 10, 2015 I was involved in an accident with a semi-truck on a city street. The semi-truck was stopped at an intersection with four lanes (lane 1 - right turn lane, lanes 2 & 3 going forward, and lane 4 - left turn lane) and he was in lane #2 (forward lane). I approached to make a right turn, stopped to check traffic and immediately the semi truck starts making a right turn and side-swipes my truck. No signal and no indication of a turn what-so-ever. I file a claim with Country Financial (the semi-truck insurer) and they deny my claim in less than 72 HOURS after the accident. They state that after doing an investigation, checking police reports and my statement and the semi-truck driver's that it is my word against the truckers. They did NOT do an investigation because if they did, they would have found the truck driver's version physically impossible (he states he was in the right lane-making the accident impossible to happen if this was the case).

I even got the claims adjuster (**) to state that they physically did not visit the accident site at all. This is a claim of less than $2000, I'll bet if there were injuries or more damage they would have spent more time on this one. If they would do a proper investigation, the true facts would come to light, and they would see that their client is at fault and would pay on my claim. Hey, I guess doing a shoddy bit of work is the proper way in the insurance industry. So I guess I contact the state insurance commissioner and see where that takes me. I understand that Country Financial keeps their clients' rates low by denying most claims right at the start. Is this fair? Is this the proper way to do business? I guess they're just hoping I'll give up and eat this one - not a chance.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2015

When shopping for business insurance, someone referred me to Country Financial. I had never heard of them and now I know why. If you are looking for a company who is not forthright, sends false, misleading, constantly adjusted declarations/statements and patronizes their clients all the while, then this is the company you are looking for. The initial phone call was for business insurance, but I was up-sold also for home and auto. The agent made several attempts to meet with me to sign on during an extremely busy time in my life. She graciously rescheduled a couple times.

When our time finally came to meet up, she cancelled on me twice due to the sudden loss of a parent. Sympathetic, I told her I was in no hurry and to take all the time she needed. Two weeks later, I get a frantic email, she must have my documents signed immediately and how I am holding everything up with their underwriting department.

The papers she had sent me were only the final pages, the ones to be signed. I don't sign anything I cannot fully read first and because she was out of town settling family matters, I personally went to one of Country Financial's offices to retrieve ALL the paperwork. I tried at that point to change agents and sign everything right there, but they insisted I work with current agent. Tons of emails later, put quoted amount in the mail, per agent. Over the course of the next 4 months, was sent numerous adjusted premium declarations for much higher amounts than originally quoted.

Suddenly, the auto-pay I was on was taking huge amounts out of my bank account. Again, the very patronizing staff blamed this on me and how because I did not get the paperwork back to them in time, they could not pull the amount required for the month and now they were playing a game of catch-up. Adding up all the amounts taken, they were far an excess of what had been originally quoted.

Not being able to trust Country anymore, I contacted my bank and told them no more payments to be withdrawn by Country Financial and signed on with Pemco at that time. I thought all was said and done. Wrong! With not even as much as a phone call, email or bill, I received a collection notice and started being hammered with calls from all over the states. I contacted their call center in Illinois, the girl sympathized and told me she would put a 30 day stop on the collection and said not to worry, they don't report. Well again, not being able to trust anyone with Country, I got my agent's supervisor's information. Several patronizing emails later, I am again the one to blame and out so much more than what I had been originally quoted.

I will point out that they incorporate undisclosed monthly fees into their billing as well. That said, it is clear I owe the money. However, had all this been disclosed upfront, I NEVER would have signed on with them. The bill is now paid and when my business policy expires, that will conclude my business with Country Financial. To sum it up, working with these people is like working with a bunch of children. Actually my kids could run a better business! Shame on you Country Financial! Let this be a lesson to anyone seeking new insurance.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2015

Check this out! This is not a fictitious "Stephen King” novel. This actually happened in our encounter with Country Financial Insurance Co. As a precursor to this horrid experience, allow me to awaken you to the causation of the disaster & events leading up to our complaints against Country Financial Insurance. We have owned 30+ rental properties since the mid-1980s. We have afforded thousands of dollars for insurance coverage (in accordance to Minnesota Law). We had not made an insurance claim, (regardless of the fact we had substantiated grounds to). We hired professional to resolve the problems at our out-of-pocket expenses.

We had rented one of our house properties to a couple and their children in Eveleth, MN. We dealt with delinquent rental payments & minor property damage. Okay we are sensitive to personal financial problems! The delinquent debt grew each month. The City of Eveleth notified them of water/sewage shutdowns; Minnesota Power sent notices of defaulting on electric bills; & Minnesota Energy sent warnings about arrears in heat bills. So facing the mounting bills the tenants decided to vacate the residence.

This is where this horrific/disastrous events commence. January, 2004 the tenants impulsively decided to pack up as many belongings as they could & vacate the property; loading up a U-Haul, & splitting before anyone could comprehend what happened. Here is the problem! The temperature was -45 degrees! They left the porch door & the main door leading into the living room WIDE OPEN. It doesn't take a "Rocket Scientist” nor a Meteorologist to realize that a hot water boiler, radiators, water pipes, washer, etc. will fracture, break, burst, freeze, spurt water when they are exposed & succumbed to temperatures -45 degrees!

Our Country Financial Insurance Agent said, “No Problem". He had an Insurance Adjuster contact us and schedule a time to assess the damages. I left my business to assist this particular (un-professional) adjuster to assess damages and measure room sizes and destruction. Note that I did this out of the goodness of my heart, while he abhorrently 'farted in my face'. I was writing down our measurements and held my breath while he fumigated all 3 floors of the house. Okay I withstood this 1hour of stench & frigid temps. He said he would estimate the damages & get back to us.

Within a few days we received a letter from Country Financial Insurance that our claim was DENIED! They hinted that we intentionally caused the disaster. All our rental properties, No claims, thousands in insurance premiums...And we were at fault. We hired an attorney who advised us this ignoramus decision by Country Financial Insurance would be resolved within 24hrs. We have been subjected to all litigative processes and have to hear the decision by Judge Mark **.

Despite the fact that these particular tenants, (according to public records) have a track record of vandalizing, intentionally flooding rental properties they occupied, rental payment delinquency, numerous witnesses, etc. We were determined by Country Financial Insurance to be at fault! Since when was honesty considered a crime? Country Insurance attorneys informed us that we would be liable for their expenses! Now we need a double Whammy for something we didn't initiate! We will pursue this injustice until we prevail! What would you do?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

I was rear ended by a Country Financial policy owner, police gave the driver a citation for following too close, ramming me from behind while stopped at traffic light. First of all the driver didn’t even report the accident to his insurance company, which is a law in the State of Georgia to report it upon accident, when police come. The adjuster came out and estimated the car, left a voicemail for me to call him back about the check being sent as well as rental car information.

When I called him back he then immediately was VERY rude to the point of cutting me off after he asked me about injury information, stating it will be a problem because it was minimal damage and that my chiropractor claim wouldn't be paid. This guy needs more training and better attitude on how to speak to people. I just don’t understand when this type of thing takes place with the insurance company, why don’t they just take care of the matter the correct way and don’t be RUDE about it. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2015

We have had country insurance for several years and have been claim free except for hail storm app. 4 years ago and even then they sent us a very modest check to replace the roof, with which I did and did not try to get any more from them which I could have easily done. Well then last year I submitted claim for a water leak I had found accidentally coming from my shower drain. By the time I had found it there was a large pool of water under our bath tub.

The next day a plumber with whom I worked with at Maricopa county came to our home and we fixed the leak immediately but by this time so much of the foundation had washed away I put 6 5-gallon buckets of dirt into the cavern to fill the void a get it dried up. Well 2 years later a contractor friend had came by and I was showing the damage that was now starting to be appearing noticeably. He asked if I put a claim in on and I said I had not thought about doing this. I called the insurance company and they sent an adjuster by and he took a few pictures and was gone. I had to call him a number of times before he called me back just to inform our claim was denied. And left us with a hole in the gut feeling. And all they said was that they would really like to help us out buuuuuttttttt they're sorry there is nothing they can do bottom line.

After 3 supervisors and 3-dead end roads, I said "to hell with them" and we went over to liberty mutual insurance. I am now in the middle of pleading my case with the Arizona department of insurance with hope they can help us out. There would not have been a problem if they the insurance company would not be allowed to use the ambiguous ** in the policies they sell that makes everything picture perfect. Well I'm not one to give up to corporate corruption just because they are the all and powerful oz. I have paid them a lot of money over these years for auto and home insurance and if they think that I'm just a little upset and I'll call off my efforts to what we have honestly coming and have paid for. Well that's like saying Jeffrey Dahmer had an eating disorder and his diet level out.

So here it is in a nut shell, country financial showed me the only thing they care about is their profit no more no less. There was no reason to deny our claim, they just didn't want to let go of their greedy way of ripping off people. I never asked them for one thing and when I did, I was told sorry. If anyone reads this, believe me when you hear country financial is a company not to trust. Believe it and let others not go through what I am going through. It's going to be a long fight but I'm not going to give up. So if anyone has anything to offer to help me out, it will not go unappreciated. I'll keep things posted with good news if God's willing.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2015

Tree fell on my truck and homeowner's house. Country companies denied coverage to replace my totaled vehicle. Tree was designated hazard danger tree.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2014

Have been doing business with this company for close to 30 years. A couple of years back had to fight tooth and nail to get them to pay for a new roof after the 1st adjuster said I didn't have damage. I got angry and demanded another adjuster, when he came out, he was on the roof for 30 seconds and determined I needed a whole new roof due to hail damage. I did complain when I went to get my check, nothing ever came of it. My cars also had hail damage. I specifically asked if I should drop to liability because I did not think I could have another body damage claim. I was told that they would pay if I had a wreck, they just wouldn't pay a hail damage claim again. I hit a deer about 2 years after and guess what? They refused to pay for my hood because they had paid out hail damage previously. Believe me, hail damage and deer damage are 2 different things!!! Complained to my agent, he was of absolutely NO help. Pulled all of my insurance from them. I'm sure loyalty means something to a company somewhere, it sure doesn't with Country Financial!! Would never recommend them to anyone!! Got insurance through State Farm, better coverage and cheaper - Imagine that!!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2014

I had shower leak in the wall from frozen pipe and wall was the hot water heater so small closet warm. I had no reason to go in and check. Went to vacuum dust and the tile didn't look normal. Pulled up and water. Pulled wall down pipe was broke. Adjuster said they wouldn't cover mold. He was rude and unkind with his words. Called office I had been doing business with for 12 years. She said another adjuster would come. Never came.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2014

My agent, Candance, was not helpful in offering solutions... For over 30-60 days no return call. I had to call HQ office to get my questions answered. Please understand that if you invest your money and time in Country Financial Insurances, you will be disappointed. Doesn't matter how long you have been a client either, over 10 years. Looks like I am one of many that have been passed off as a number and not a client. Not sure why in last couple of years, no customer service.... seems like getting worst. If you enjoy no customer service, and frustration and want to be aggravated, then sign up for it.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2014

Please please don't buy this insurance. They are the worst. My house was water damaged one year ago. Insurance has not paid so far. Their adjuster keep wanting discount on repairs from the contractor. I have spend 10000 attorney fee, so far nowhere.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2014

My home was badly damaged by a falling tree almost 3 months ago. Since that time Country has delayed and delayed and delayed dealing with my claim. They wish to ignore evidence of hidden structural damage, and pay only for repair of what is visible on the surface. They have provided an "estimate" of repair costs, which is lower than my contractor can do the work for, even at his cost. In some cases they have allowed monies for repair of specific items that won't even pay for the materials alone, let alone the actual repair. And they refuse to work with my contractor to develop an accurate real-world estimate. We live in a northern state, and winter snows grow imminent. It appears that delay is maybe a deliberate strategy on their part, to back us into a corner because winter is coming soon, and accept whatever they dictate to us.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2014

My daughter's car was totaled by a person that had Country Company's Insurance. The other driver admitted fault, and they sent out adjusters and told her an amount they were going to pay. The car was not drivable so they paid for a rental car for 4 days so she could shop for a car and have transportation, then told her she needed to return it. The next week they towed her car away. It has now been 3 weeks and she has not received a single dime yet to buy a car. What a sleaze ball claim department. My daughter never complains, but people need to know to avoid this company since they stink. I recently had someone hit me in a parking lot and they were insured with Geico, and they treated me like royalty (and I do not have insurance with them). What a difference!

Country Financial Homeowners Insurance Company Information