1.53/5
Based on 59 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

61 Country Financial Homeowners Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 26, 2015

Premiums go up every year. Don't understand it because the coverage stays the same. I have never made a claim and don't think my premiums should keep going up.

Original review: July 14, 2015

Great company to work with, my agent was very professional and thorough in making sure I had the insurance coverage that I needed. You could tell they genuinely cared about me. Even when I had a claim they were fast and didn't cut corners to pay the claim and get my car fixed!!!

Original review: June 1, 2015

We've been with Country Companies for 21 years, this year. We have had outstanding Insurance Agents; **. But these yo-yo's here in Las Vegas have had no interaction or customer follow up with us since we moved here. When we moved to Las Vegas, no one would return our call. Then the one agent who did kept screwing up the details of our policy and request. I finally had enough and told them to get me someone else. ** became our new rep. After four years, we've still never met face to face and the ONLY interaction we have had has been initiated by myself.

I'm so mad I could spit nails. And to top it off, I have a feeling we've been overcharged insurance premiums since we moved here. How can another insurance company insure our 4 vehicles, carrying the same exact coverage and a lower deductible, beat Country by 300 per month? 300.00! We have had no claims in 5 years. One claim in the last 15 years and our premiums just kept going up and up. Some case it went down, but then there was no follow-up as to why.

That's something I always appreciated about **. The fact that she has a relationship with her customer base and actually has an interest in what's best. The agents in Las Vegas need to find another occupation. We've been here 4 years and not once has my agent ever contacted us. I'm always the one contacting her. And we've still never met face to face. I find the lack of customer service here in Las Vegas, by Country, is zero to none. I'm so stinking discouraged and upset that I'm totally second guessing our decision to stay with you for so long. We have 8 life insurance policies with you and I'm really on fence on whether or not to keep them with you. I don't care how much it costs me at this point. I can pay for the difference using the money I save in auto premiums.

Honestly, I feel cheated and used. We've paid over 35k in auto premiums in the last 5 years. That's enough to buy a car! No claims, until Wednesday when a boulder hit my son's windshield. I find out that I agreed to decline the glass coverage to help reduce his insurance premiums. His premium went down last year and we never got an opportunity to go over the policy again to hear recommendations of adding what we deleted. So, after 5 years of paying out thousands of dollars, and at the moment, spending 700.00 per month for auto, I have to pay 500.00 out of pocket for a windshield. I'm furious! I'm sure there could have been a way to back the claim out or cancel, add the coverage and then make the claim.

Oh well, I'm tired of dealing with this Las Vegas office. We are moving our auto and homeowner policies to another company. I informed our agent of this decision on Thursday... no call, no email regarding our desire to leave. Probably glad to get rid of me. I don't know. I just don't understand how you let a 21 year customer walk away over a glass claim. I guess my Midwest roots are sore. I wanted to let you know the reason and I want to tell someone about this. Either represent your customers with the same exemplary service as other places or close up shop in Vegas. Someone in upper management needs to know what the heck is going on in Las Vegas. After 21 years, I just feel like I'm experiencing a bad divorce. :( I think we deserve better than this, and so do your other Las Vegas residents.

Original review: May 20, 2015

Absolutely one of the worst experiences in my career. I own and operate my own company which I have built from the ground up. I deal with all sorts of business owners, representatives, clients and other professionals in my line of business. For this reason, I have very thick skin and understand the day to day challenges of success. I typically do not leave negative reviews but in this case I feel that my experience needs to be heard. If you are counting on an insurance company to cover your back and support you, Country Mutual is not where you want to be.

** has caused so many headaches for me and my company over the past year it is unfathomable. Time after time, I gave him understanding and patience but at a certain point enough is enough. Country Financial has let me down in the following ways; complete lack of communication of account updates, billing and responses to changing needs. Never met a single deadline. I couldn't even get a declarations page within a month. Never updated my banking account to continue auto pay for my commercial vehicles. Instead it was ignored for 5 months.

I needed to add a venue as an additional insured. 4 months later I received it (after several phone calls). ** blamed all of his/my account troubles on the prior agent. A professional would address and represent a client as their own, no matter the past. A professional would also make a client feel secure which I never did. Did I mention not being billed for auto insurance for 5 months with no phone call or any notification? I was forced to pay 2 months after leaving Country Financial which amounted to over $1,000.00. "**, why am I being issued an outstanding balance of over $1,300.00?" "Don't worry about it **, I will take care of this and alert you to any question." 6 weeks later a collection agency is calling me.

Upon calling ** and informing him of my desire to change providers, his response was "I was waiting for this call." In hindsight I should have cancelled with this guy from the start but I made the mistake of considering him a professional. Something else to note is after leaving Country Mutual, my new (and current) representative was absolutely astonished by the lack of coverage for my business. He says that I am very fortunate that no incident happened under their coverage. If you are reading this review I hope you know that Country Mutual Insurance is an absolutely terrible company. I wholeheartedly wish you never have to go through what I have gone through.

Original review: May 13, 2015

I have very negative experience with the company.. The company hiring unprofessional agents and using unprofessional practices.. We were lured and misled with a good rate while we were in the buying process of our new home. When all our buying process was done and we didn't have any contact with the seller then they started asking for a little details about our house (when heater was inspected and maintained) and if we didn't have that information (the information was not requested in time) they just used falsified information to increased our insurance rate.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Country Financial Homeowners Insurance?

Original review: May 12, 2015

Country Financial used to be a very reputable company to deal with, but the past 20 years things have been deteriorating fast at this insurance company. Our dealing with them over biohazard (blood) clean up was rejected and now it's going to court.

Original review: April 21, 2015

My husband was in a car accident with a country companies insured. The accident happened over two months ago and we still haven't received payment for our repairs. I was inconvenienced without a car for two weeks. My husband was the one corresponding with the claims adjuster and I finally had to call them today to get something resolved. I've never dealt with such an unprofessional company.

Original review: March 13, 2015

I was contacted by mail and told my car insurance was going to be dropped if I didn't pay my farm bureau fees. I was totally caught off guard. I have never heard of the farm bureau so I contacted country and they told me "all is well on our end, just disregard that letter." So 3 weeks go by and my tags on my vehicle expires. I go to get new tags and I didn't know my insurance policy number so I called country and the guy on the phone says "here's your policy number but you haven't had auto insurance with us since February." I was angry and confused and without tags. I talked to him for a while and he told me about the farm bureau fee's and I explained to him what the other lady had said to me. He said that she was incorrect and I had no insurance and told me to call the farm bureau and get a membership set up. I call them and they tell me I have to do it through my country financial rep.

I called ** and he's in a meeting and says he's going to return my call.. never does. So I talked to another customer service person and they email me the paperwork I need to fill out so I do. I tried to turn it into my local country financial office and they won't take it, said it has to go to my reps office 45 m away. So I call customer service again and they have to personally call my local office and persuade them to fax it for me. Now they have all the paperwork and my policy should be reinstated... WRONG!!

Now they have found another issue. 2 months ago I had switched to auto withdrawal and they lost all my info leaving me with a past due amt. that they wanted right away of course. I asked if I could get temporary coverage till I got the money. I don't get paid till next week. They said "Absolutely not. Our underwriting would never approve that". In a nut shell don't go through COUNTRY Financial. You will regret it. You don't want to get in an accident and call your rep and him tell you "sorry you're NOT covered." Save yourself the headache... BELIEVE ME.

Original review: March 13, 2015

On March 10, 2015 I was involved in an accident with a semi-truck on a city street. The semi-truck was stopped at an intersection with four lanes (lane 1 - right turn lane, lanes 2 & 3 going forward, and lane 4 - left turn lane) and he was in lane #2 (forward lane). I approached to make a right turn, stopped to check traffic and immediately the semi truck starts making a right turn and side-swipes my truck. No signal and no indication of a turn what-so-ever. I file a claim with Country Financial (the semi-truck insurer) and they deny my claim in less than 72 HOURS after the accident. They state that after doing an investigation, checking police reports and my statement and the semi-truck driver's that it is my word against the truckers. They did NOT do an investigation because if they did, they would have found the truck driver's version physically impossible (he states he was in the right lane-making the accident impossible to happen if this was the case).

I even got the claims adjuster (**) to state that they physically did not visit the accident site at all. This is a claim of less than $2000, I'll bet if there were injuries or more damage they would have spent more time on this one. If they would do a proper investigation, the true facts would come to light, and they would see that their client is at fault and would pay on my claim. Hey, I guess doing a shoddy bit of work is the proper way in the insurance industry. So I guess I contact the state insurance commissioner and see where that takes me. I understand that Country Financial keeps their clients' rates low by denying most claims right at the start. Is this fair? Is this the proper way to do business? I guess they're just hoping I'll give up and eat this one - not a chance.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2015

When shopping for business insurance, someone referred me to Country Financial. I had never heard of them and now I know why. If you are looking for a company who is not forthright, sends false, misleading, constantly adjusted declarations/statements and patronizes their clients all the while, then this is the company you are looking for. The initial phone call was for business insurance, but I was up-sold also for home and auto. The agent made several attempts to meet with me to sign on during an extremely busy time in my life. She graciously rescheduled a couple times.

When our time finally came to meet up, she cancelled on me twice due to the sudden loss of a parent. Sympathetic, I told her I was in no hurry and to take all the time she needed. Two weeks later, I get a frantic email, she must have my documents signed immediately and how I am holding everything up with their underwriting department.

The papers she had sent me were only the final pages, the ones to be signed. I don't sign anything I cannot fully read first and because she was out of town settling family matters, I personally went to one of Country Financial's offices to retrieve ALL the paperwork. I tried at that point to change agents and sign everything right there, but they insisted I work with current agent. Tons of emails later, put quoted amount in the mail, per agent. Over the course of the next 4 months, was sent numerous adjusted premium declarations for much higher amounts than originally quoted.

Suddenly, the auto-pay I was on was taking huge amounts out of my bank account. Again, the very patronizing staff blamed this on me and how because I did not get the paperwork back to them in time, they could not pull the amount required for the month and now they were playing a game of catch-up. Adding up all the amounts taken, they were far an excess of what had been originally quoted.

Not being able to trust Country anymore, I contacted my bank and told them no more payments to be withdrawn by Country Financial and signed on with Pemco at that time. I thought all was said and done. Wrong! With not even as much as a phone call, email or bill, I received a collection notice and started being hammered with calls from all over the states. I contacted their call center in Illinois, the girl sympathized and told me she would put a 30 day stop on the collection and said not to worry, they don't report. Well again, not being able to trust anyone with Country, I got my agent's supervisor's information. Several patronizing emails later, I am again the one to blame and out so much more than what I had been originally quoted.

I will point out that they incorporate undisclosed monthly fees into their billing as well. That said, it is clear I owe the money. However, had all this been disclosed upfront, I NEVER would have signed on with them. The bill is now paid and when my business policy expires, that will conclude my business with Country Financial. To sum it up, working with these people is like working with a bunch of children. Actually my kids could run a better business! Shame on you Country Financial! Let this be a lesson to anyone seeking new insurance.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2015

Check this out! This is not a fictitious "Stephen King” novel. This actually happened in our encounter with Country Financial Insurance Co. As a precursor to this horrid experience, allow me to awaken you to the causation of the disaster & events leading up to our complaints against Country Financial Insurance. We have owned 30+ rental properties since the mid-1980s. We have afforded thousands of dollars for insurance coverage (in accordance to Minnesota Law). We had not made an insurance claim, (regardless of the fact we had substantiated grounds to). We hired professional to resolve the problems at our out-of-pocket expenses.

We had rented one of our house properties to a couple and their children in Eveleth, MN. We dealt with delinquent rental payments & minor property damage. Okay we are sensitive to personal financial problems! The delinquent debt grew each month. The City of Eveleth notified them of water/sewage shutdowns; Minnesota Power sent notices of defaulting on electric bills; & Minnesota Energy sent warnings about arrears in heat bills. So facing the mounting bills the tenants decided to vacate the residence.

This is where this horrific/disastrous events commence. January, 2004 the tenants impulsively decided to pack up as many belongings as they could & vacate the property; loading up a U-Haul, & splitting before anyone could comprehend what happened. Here is the problem! The temperature was -45 degrees! They left the porch door & the main door leading into the living room WIDE OPEN. It doesn't take a "Rocket Scientist” nor a Meteorologist to realize that a hot water boiler, radiators, water pipes, washer, etc. will fracture, break, burst, freeze, spurt water when they are exposed & succumbed to temperatures -45 degrees!

Our Country Financial Insurance Agent said, “No Problem". He had an Insurance Adjuster contact us and schedule a time to assess the damages. I left my business to assist this particular (un-professional) adjuster to assess damages and measure room sizes and destruction. Note that I did this out of the goodness of my heart, while he abhorrently 'farted in my face'. I was writing down our measurements and held my breath while he fumigated all 3 floors of the house. Okay I withstood this 1hour of stench & frigid temps. He said he would estimate the damages & get back to us.

Within a few days we received a letter from Country Financial Insurance that our claim was DENIED! They hinted that we intentionally caused the disaster. All our rental properties, No claims, thousands in insurance premiums...And we were at fault. We hired an attorney who advised us this ignoramus decision by Country Financial Insurance would be resolved within 24hrs. We have been subjected to all litigative processes and have to hear the decision by Judge Mark **.

Despite the fact that these particular tenants, (according to public records) have a track record of vandalizing, intentionally flooding rental properties they occupied, rental payment delinquency, numerous witnesses, etc. We were determined by Country Financial Insurance to be at fault! Since when was honesty considered a crime? Country Insurance attorneys informed us that we would be liable for their expenses! Now we need a double Whammy for something we didn't initiate! We will pursue this injustice until we prevail! What would you do?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

I was rear ended by a Country Financial policy owner, police gave the driver a citation for following too close, ramming me from behind while stopped at traffic light. First of all the driver didn’t even report the accident to his insurance company, which is a law in the State of Georgia to report it upon accident, when police come. The adjuster came out and estimated the car, left a voicemail for me to call him back about the check being sent as well as rental car information.

When I called him back he then immediately was VERY rude to the point of cutting me off after he asked me about injury information, stating it will be a problem because it was minimal damage and that my chiropractor claim wouldn't be paid. This guy needs more training and better attitude on how to speak to people. I just don’t understand when this type of thing takes place with the insurance company, why don’t they just take care of the matter the correct way and don’t be RUDE about it. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2015

We have had country insurance for several years and have been claim free except for hail storm app. 4 years ago and even then they sent us a very modest check to replace the roof, with which I did and did not try to get any more from them which I could have easily done. Well then last year I submitted claim for a water leak I had found accidentally coming from my shower drain. By the time I had found it there was a large pool of water under our bath tub.

The next day a plumber with whom I worked with at Maricopa county came to our home and we fixed the leak immediately but by this time so much of the foundation had washed away I put 6 5-gallon buckets of dirt into the cavern to fill the void a get it dried up. Well 2 years later a contractor friend had came by and I was showing the damage that was now starting to be appearing noticeably. He asked if I put a claim in on and I said I had not thought about doing this. I called the insurance company and they sent an adjuster by and he took a few pictures and was gone. I had to call him a number of times before he called me back just to inform our claim was denied. And left us with a hole in the gut feeling. And all they said was that they would really like to help us out buuuuuttttttt they're sorry there is nothing they can do bottom line.

After 3 supervisors and 3-dead end roads, I said "to hell with them" and we went over to liberty mutual insurance. I am now in the middle of pleading my case with the Arizona department of insurance with hope they can help us out. There would not have been a problem if they the insurance company would not be allowed to use the ambiguous ** in the policies they sell that makes everything picture perfect. Well I'm not one to give up to corporate corruption just because they are the all and powerful oz. I have paid them a lot of money over these years for auto and home insurance and if they think that I'm just a little upset and I'll call off my efforts to what we have honestly coming and have paid for. Well that's like saying Jeffrey Dahmer had an eating disorder and his diet level out.

So here it is in a nut shell, country financial showed me the only thing they care about is their profit no more no less. There was no reason to deny our claim, they just didn't want to let go of their greedy way of ripping off people. I never asked them for one thing and when I did, I was told sorry. If anyone reads this, believe me when you hear country financial is a company not to trust. Believe it and let others not go through what I am going through. It's going to be a long fight but I'm not going to give up. So if anyone has anything to offer to help me out, it will not go unappreciated. I'll keep things posted with good news if God's willing.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2015

Tree fell on my truck and homeowner's house. Country companies denied coverage to replace my totaled vehicle. Tree was designated hazard danger tree.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2014

Have been doing business with this company for close to 30 years. A couple of years back had to fight tooth and nail to get them to pay for a new roof after the 1st adjuster said I didn't have damage. I got angry and demanded another adjuster, when he came out, he was on the roof for 30 seconds and determined I needed a whole new roof due to hail damage. I did complain when I went to get my check, nothing ever came of it. My cars also had hail damage. I specifically asked if I should drop to liability because I did not think I could have another body damage claim. I was told that they would pay if I had a wreck, they just wouldn't pay a hail damage claim again. I hit a deer about 2 years after and guess what? They refused to pay for my hood because they had paid out hail damage previously. Believe me, hail damage and deer damage are 2 different things!!! Complained to my agent, he was of absolutely NO help. Pulled all of my insurance from them. I'm sure loyalty means something to a company somewhere, it sure doesn't with Country Financial!! Would never recommend them to anyone!! Got insurance through State Farm, better coverage and cheaper - Imagine that!!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2014

I had shower leak in the wall from frozen pipe and wall was the hot water heater so small closet warm. I had no reason to go in and check. Went to vacuum dust and the tile didn't look normal. Pulled up and water. Pulled wall down pipe was broke. Adjuster said they wouldn't cover mold. He was rude and unkind with his words. Called office I had been doing business with for 12 years. She said another adjuster would come. Never came.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2014

My agent, Candance, was not helpful in offering solutions... For over 30-60 days no return call. I had to call HQ office to get my questions answered. Please understand that if you invest your money and time in Country Financial Insurances, you will be disappointed. Doesn't matter how long you have been a client either, over 10 years. Looks like I am one of many that have been passed off as a number and not a client. Not sure why in last couple of years, no customer service.... seems like getting worst. If you enjoy no customer service, and frustration and want to be aggravated, then sign up for it.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2014

Please please don't buy this insurance. They are the worst. My house was water damaged one year ago. Insurance has not paid so far. Their adjuster keep wanting discount on repairs from the contractor. I have spend 10000 attorney fee, so far nowhere.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2014

My home was badly damaged by a falling tree almost 3 months ago. Since that time Country has delayed and delayed and delayed dealing with my claim. They wish to ignore evidence of hidden structural damage, and pay only for repair of what is visible on the surface. They have provided an "estimate" of repair costs, which is lower than my contractor can do the work for, even at his cost. In some cases they have allowed monies for repair of specific items that won't even pay for the materials alone, let alone the actual repair. And they refuse to work with my contractor to develop an accurate real-world estimate. We live in a northern state, and winter snows grow imminent. It appears that delay is maybe a deliberate strategy on their part, to back us into a corner because winter is coming soon, and accept whatever they dictate to us.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2014

My daughter's car was totaled by a person that had Country Company's Insurance. The other driver admitted fault, and they sent out adjusters and told her an amount they were going to pay. The car was not drivable so they paid for a rental car for 4 days so she could shop for a car and have transportation, then told her she needed to return it. The next week they towed her car away. It has now been 3 weeks and she has not received a single dime yet to buy a car. What a sleaze ball claim department. My daughter never complains, but people need to know to avoid this company since they stink. I recently had someone hit me in a parking lot and they were insured with Geico, and they treated me like royalty (and I do not have insurance with them). What a difference!

Original review: June 18, 2014

Worst company EVER. If you are one of the unfortunate ones that have Country Financial covering your back, you're in deep trouble. They have, in my opinion, slightly lower rates, but they can offer them because they've found yet another way to skin the cat. The new tactic seems to be that instead of raising rates, they simply don't pay their claims. They IMHO, intentionally piss a claimant off so badly with outrageous demands that they throw up their hands and just give up. They attack their character, are insulting, antagonistic, and over the top rude. Thus, the claim is closed and they don't have to pay a nickel. This all on a claim of less than $300.00. These people are the lowest I've ever seen. The internet is loaded with views such as mine. I wish I had checked them out before they took over Cotton States - and automatically converted my insurance coverages to Country Financial.

Original review: April 7, 2014

Worst insurance company ever! Not customer friendly. This company does not have the customers' best interest which is really sad since it's an insurance company. People rely on them to help them with their homes and car insurance. I would recommend NEVER to bring your business here and if you have them to find a different COMPANY.

Original review: March 8, 2014

While deployed to Afghanistan I was offered a position with a significant manufacturing company in South Dakota. Within five days of returning to the United States my wife and I relocated to South Dakota. As we were leaving our Illinois home unattended and were initially renting in South Dakota we contacted our Country Financial representative to update our contact address on our Illinois home insurance, inquire about auto and renters insurance and ensure all of our financial affairs regarding this property were in order which was done over the phone. Funny, we never received a new policy but they made sure we were given the new amount we owed and location they wanted it sent to. (Maybe this should have been a huge warning when I did not receive a policy and hire an attorney to review it letter by letter.... but I get ahead of myself!)

Our Illinois home sat vacant, which was clearly known by our agent and his staff, we had arranged for recurring "security checks" on the home and even had a service maintaining the grounds on a recurring basis. Unfortunately, my new position kept me away from Illinois for longer than I wanted to be gone and when I did return it was usually for business far to the north of the residence.

Finally, I got a chance to return to the house and arrange to have a few things completed. Upon entering our nightmare began. The house had been broken into RECENTLY and we immediately backed out and contacted law enforcement. The police arrived and took a statement and several photos. The officer agreed the burglary was recent due to marks on the door. Many items were missing and we felt violated. But the worst was yet to come!

Today, 08 MAR 14, we were informed by a very rude and self serving Country Financial claims representative that nothing was going to be covered as the house was vacant. This representative even told my wife to "shut up" as we spoke to him on our speaker phone asking him for digital copies of the exclusion section in our policy that he was quoting. As we informed him of our agents being aware of our entire situation and we asked for information on whom we could address this issue with, he loudly proclaimed he would mail the denial to us and terminated the call.

Now, when I had asked previously about brand new, in unopened boxes, vehicle parts that were in the garage not being covered and my desire to have a supervisory review of this, I should have realized by his e-mailed response that the current situation was coming. This flippant and arrogant Country Financial representative wrote that the decision was his and there would be no review "required" and he would "put his denial in writing" which we have still not received.

To be told that the insurance I have been paying for, with my agents fully knowing the property was unoccupied, where Country Financial gladly accepts my funds brings me to several questions. If you insure a BARN or OUTBUILDING on property you farm but do not reside in it is a loss covered? Why would it be based on this Claim. Adjusters statement unoccupied structures are "not covered". Not many PEOPLE I know living in barns today and best be watching what happens when some miscreant comes and vandalizes or steals your stored equipment/material.

Needless to say this is my wonderful story of the stellar customer service and coverage that Country Financial has to offer those of us who pay them monthly and have never had a claim until NOW! Good luck and hope you change insurance coverage to a better company before you to learn the way we did.....Soon in our future we will join others on this site with legal proceedings against Country Financial and now understand the importance of an oath I repeatedly took that says ....... "against all enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC......." as I can only anticipate this issue to be adversarial due to the failure of this companies repeated issues shown on this page.

Original review: March 13, 2013

I wouldn’t recommend Country company insurance to my worst enemy. They have had me paying premiums on $127000 worth of coverage for the last 10 years and now my house burned down and I had replacement cost insurance all these years. And now they tell me they are depreciating my home value at 31% rate and they are only paying $55000 to replace my house. One thing I have to say to them is they can stick their company where it doesn’t shine, and myself and my attorneys from Chicago will see them in court. So I hope they are ready to spend a fortune for trying to rip me off. They are county companies and Country Financial and if they only knew how long I would fight them in court, they will just give up because their legal fees will more than exceed what they owe me. They think they can rip off American families and get away with it.

Original review: March 21, 2012

I experienced a major fire loss at my home on 12/5/2011. As of 3/21/2012, Country Financial still has not settled my claim. Though Country Financial and I are in dispute concerning the estimate of work for the dwelling (structure), due to that, Country Financial has refused to settle the claim for personal property (contents). I was informed by industry experts that dwelling and personal property are separate, one has nothing to do with the other and therefore my personal property claim should have been settled months ago. Additionally, Country Financial has yet to pay the vendors who boarded up my property, cleaned and restored my clothes and furniture, and inventoried and store my salvageable items, and inventoried my non-salvageable items. Finally, Country Financial has stopped paying the gas and electric bills at the property even though they instructed me to keep on the utility services and they would be responsible for paying the bills.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2012

On June 18, 2011 we have had a house fire. Country Financial has treated this as an incendiary fire. We have complied in a timely manner to all there requests, submitted to an examination under oath and are now waiting for their decision. It has been 7 months of pure emotional hell. We feel they are stalling for time and making us feel that we are at fault.

They have been asking questions that were irrelevant to the claim. There has never been a claim on our policy ever since 1993 when it was purchased. We are financially sound. Our credibility is excellent and we are responsible to pay all our commitments on time. There is no security and peace of mind with Country Financial. We feel like they are in bad faith because they are grasping for straws as to deny our claim. They have everything they need to file this claim and resolve it, or we will end up in litigation.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2011

It all began when I was in the job market and was contacted by Country Financial HR, as my profile matched the job description for the Financial Advisor/Agent opening in the Oklahoma City office. I invested time into application and background check information and started the interviewing process. Well, this was the most obnoxious experience ever. The initial interview with office manager, then interview with district manager, then follows up interviews, combined interview, the final interview. Overall, I probably had 6-7 interviews and wasted well over a month for them jerking me around. Finally, they extended the offer to me and requested some additional info and payment of $205.25 for processing application with FINRA.

While reading all the documents provided, I already noticed discrepancy, as it was saying about the fees being deducted from each paycheck in installment. I thought how weird that they are asking me for an upfront payment. So I just wrote them a check, thought it's not that big of a deal. I started waiting and in about 2 weeks, they called and asked to come by yet again, as additional info was needed. It resulted in them asking to fill out another form and another payment of $95 to them. At that point, I thought I better start working soon and making some money, as I was just writing checks left and right.

After a week or so they called again and invited over for another yet interview on the phone with some even "bigger boss" from corporate. I was furious at that point, but went to chat with him anyways. Needless to say that the guy was a complete jerk and didn't sound respectful and made me feel like the company is just making a huge favor to me, by giving such a "great" opportunity. I didn't feel good after that interview at all! So guess what? After another week they called me and left the message about company changing their hiring plan and they were not going to hire me anymore. Imagine my reaction to that, after being jerked around for two months.

Actually, I was surprisingly happy to hear such news, as I couldn't even imagine working for such a messed up company. My only concern at that point was getting my money back, since nothing happened. I let them know that I'd like to get my $300 back ASAP and they promised to call me back when they find out all the details. They ignored me and only emailed me back, after I was bombarding them with calls and e-mails every day. You know what they told me though? That these application fees afire nonrefundable and there is nothing to do about this situation. Great business - nothing was done, no applications were filed, I didn't get the job, and I lost tons of precious time and some money, which I could well use for my family! I can imagine poor people that do business with them on every day basis! If they ever call you for any reason or if you see their name, please beware, you might get ripped off!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2011

It all began when I was in the job market and was contacted by Country Financial HR, as my profile matched the job description for the Financial Advisor/Agent opening in the Oklahoma City office. I invested time into application and background check information and started the interviewing process. Well, this was the most obnoxious experience ever--initial interview with office manager, interview with district manager, follow-up interviews, combined interview, and the final interview. Overall, I probably had six to seven interviews and wasted well over a month for them jerking me around. Finally, they extended the offer to me and requested some additional information and payment of $205.25 for the processing application with FINRA.

While reading all the documents provided, I already noticed discrepancy, as it was saying about the fees being deducted from each paycheck in installment. I thought, how weird that they are asking me for an upfront payment. So, I just wrote them a check, and thought that it was not that big of a deal. Then, I started waiting. In about two weeks, they called and asked to come by yet again, as additional information was needed. It resulted in them asking to fill out another form and another payment of $95 to them.

At that point, I thought that I better start working soon and make some money, as I was just writing checks left and right. After a week or so, they called again and invited over for another interview on the phone with some even "bigger boss" from corporate. I was furious at that point, but went to chat with him anyway. Needless to say, that the guy was a complete jerk and didn't sound respectful. He made me feel like the company is just making a huge favor to me, by giving such a "great" opportunity. I didn't feel good after that interview at all!

So, guess what? After another week, they called me and left the message about the company changing their hiring plan and that they were not going to hire me anymore. Imagine my reaction to that, after being jerked around for two months. Actually, I was surprisingly happy to hear such news, as I couldn't even imagine working for such a messed up company. My only concern at that point was getting my money back, since nothing happened. I let them know that I would like to get my $300 back as soon as possible and they promised to call me back when they find out all the details.

They ignored me and only emailed me back after I bombarded them with calls and emails everyday. You know what they told me, though? That these application fees are nonrefundable and there is nothing to do about this situation. Great business--nothing was done, no applications were filed, I didn't get the job, and I lost tons of precious time and some money that I could well use for my family! I can imagine poor people that do business with them on a daily basis! If they ever call you for any reason or if you see their name, please beware that you might get ripped off!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2011

My shotgun and several tools were stolen out of the back of my SUV. I had receipt for gun and gun options, but not for tools. The tools are Snap On brand and very costly, but great tools. The total amount of claims was $5,500.00. After five months of SIU investigations and a statement under oath at an attorney's office, the settlement offer was $1500.00 after 75% betterment was taken. I have been an insurance adjuster for several years, for a different company. I have never seen anybody treated so badly. I gave them proof of loss, police reports, and sworn under oath statements. They still treated me like a criminal, and they are trying to ** me out of money due to me. My family has several policies with Country company. I am in the process of changing all of this to State Farm asap.

Original review: March 8, 2011

I met with an agent and filled out an application for insurance. The agent advised us at that time that he would be completing the policy at his office and would need to first collect more information from our banks, where we have loans (auto/home) and would then get back to us for a quote on the policy. After he left, we canceled our policies thinking he was handling things on his end. After a few days of not hearing anything back, we began to call and email him asking what was going on. No reply. We began getting calls form our banks that we had no insurance and that they were going to start charging us. We called and emailed several times and find out that he left the company immediately after meeting with us and never let us know he was leaving or even give us another point of contact.

I just left us in the dark with our paperwork incomplete. At that point, angry and frustrated, we decided to hell with them and went back to our previous insurer. Now country insurance is threatening to send us to collection for $400 saying we owe them for coverage we never received. They say they show coverage on their end even though they admit they never contacted our banks or even collected the bank information from us nor did they ever give us an actual final quote after collecting our information. They just went ahead without our knowledge or consent or approval and "supposedly" opened a policy and began to charge us even though we never got nor did our banks. Run, don't walk, run away from this company!

Country Financial Homeowners Insurance Company Information