Call Now Toll Free
Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.06/5

Cigna is a coverage provider that offers Medicare supplemental insurance and Medicare Advantage plans for adults over 65. Its website has a quote tool to help you estimate your rates, and many of its flexible plans offer cost-free benefits. Most of its plans are HMOs, but it provides policies all throughout the U.S.

Cigna Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans Call Now Toll Free (833) 204-0728 Shop Now

Compare Medicare plans and pricing

Shop plans on Medicare.net

Get Started

Compare Medicare plans and pricing

Shop plans on Medicare.net

Get Started
Call Now Toll Free

Cigna Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cigna Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

Seems to work flawlessly, although it’s odd that my supplement has a different deductible (higher) for the year than Medicare does. Medicare processing makes it all so easy and I get my report on payments making it clear.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

This is paid for by my pension and they have been excellent during last spring serious hospitalization. There was NO large balance due after Medicare and Cigna paid the bills. I have had NO complaints from the last 5 years.

Get buying tips about Medicare Supplemental Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

Cigna has the best plan that I researched. My RX for Inhaler was $80 cheaper than my last plan. I would recommend Cigna to any Medicare beneficiary. Never had any problems with claims. My doctor likes Cigna too.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

The plan I have has several riders which made it attractive to me. It is basically an 'F' plan. Customer service answered my questions and gave us a discount because my husband & I have the same plan. My husband is a type I diabetic & coverage has been very good.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I have plan F. It has a high monthly premium but I do not pay copays and have not had to pay anything additional for out of pocket screenings or diagnostic procedures such as EMG, echocardiogram, stress ECHO, ER admission etc. I think you pay one way or the other. I prefer paying upfront. I hope the premium flattens out.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
    Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

The Cigna HealthSprings lures people in with their deceptive benefit package: prescription, OTC, Vision, Fitness supplements. Their OTC is the biggest rip-off. Their OTC catalog is extremely limited; the products are mostly generic, low quality, and far overpriced (for example: a tiny package of panty liners were $12 when comparable in-store brand name is much larger in quantity and size yet only cost approximately $3). Their Vision supplement/Superior has a $200 limit on eyewear and the only vendors allowed have prices greater than $500 on eyewear. It would be much less costly if clients paid out of pocket to a Sam's Club or Costco Vision; therefore, Cigna/Superior is useless.

The Fitness plan gives a few options all a joke (for example, gym passes are for one month only and have to be requested monthly). Just applying for these benefits requires clients an extreme amount of time to surf through for best and less costly options. Cigna prescription plan is just as frustrating and time consuming; nothing about it makes it easy to find the best options and cost for medications. They just charge and allow vendors to charge you whatever they want. You have to find the cheaper options on your own. The Customer Service is almost useless in assisting you.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

Most everything about Cigna has been excellent. Very few claim problems or issues and good service when there questions. The only reason I did not give them 5 stars is because of the escalated premium increases.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

When I signed up last year and call Cigna Medicare nobody could find me in the system. Most employees did not know what to do either. This year they did send me some of the information and the new cards but not for the dental and nothing for the vision. I will have to contact them again and hopefully I'm in the system. It's pretty bad I will change my insurance pretty soon.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

That Superior Vision is a big JOKE. Nobody takes Superior Vision thru Medicare, I called many places from what Superior Vision has on their website, nobody absolutely nobody takes those insurance, that is just a trick from Cigna, so you sign up. I am very disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

My prescriptions were not delivered by the mail order pharmacy. Cigna refused to allow my prescriptions to be refilled even though I had been without them for several days. They blamed PillPack (the mail order pharmacy) for holding up Cigna's refund and said they would not authorize the local pharmacist to refill the prescription until they were reimbursed. I was on the phone for over two hours in two separate calls. The first representative was very nice and obviously was trying to contact the various departments at Cigna. The second representative kept denying that Cigna was blocking the prescription even though that is what the pharmacist told me. They want me to call back again for a third hour.

Cigna Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans author review by Cyril Tuohy

Cigna Supplemental Benefits is a part of the Cigna family with policies underwritten by American Retirement Life Insurance Company and Loyal American Life Insurance Company. The company was established in 1982 and currently has more than 15 million health insurance customers.

• Other Medicare coverage: In addition to offering Medigap insurance, Cigna also sells Medicare Part D, or prescription drug coverage, and Medicare Advantage plans. Consumers cannot have both a Medigap plan and a Medicare Advantage plan, so Cigna agents can talk to interested consumers about the differences and which choice might be right for them.

• Customer service: Interested consumers can reach a customer service representative 12 hours a day on weekdays or live chat with them online during those same hours. Existing customers can also reach agents during extended business hours on weekdays or access their account online 24 hours a day.

by Cyril Tuohy Insurance Contributing Editor

Cyril Tuohy, has covered the insurance industry for more than 15 years. He is an expert at writing about personal and commercial property-casualty insurance and covers life, annuities and retirement as a staff writer for a top insurance trade magazine aimed at insurance agents and financial advisors.

Cigna Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans Company Information