3.68/5

ConsumerAffairs Verified Brand

Cigna Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans Reviews

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

They pay my bills and there is no hassle. If it was not for this coverage I would be bankrupt. It really is a life saver. When I go to my Doctor there is no Co-pay at all. I have had no billing problem and all my doctors accept the coverage.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I was surprised to find that my coverage after retirement was actually better for less cost than when I worked in healthcare. The donut hole for prescriptions is the real problem. They have been saying for about a decade that it will change but in the meantime it’s a real problem.

Get expert buying tips about Medicare Supplemental Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I have never had a prescribed drug not go through yet that I needed on the higher end of the tiers of drugs. They always process things efficiently and are thorough with the things they send about your account and spending each month.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

A good supplement policy, I need a policy that covers vision and dental visits. I am told that there is such coverage available, just finding the right policy. There is advertisement on television about some new coverage that has come To being.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I have had this supplement for about two years. I have had two ankle surgeries and an abdominal surgery and I have paid NOTHING, CIGNA covered everything that Medicare did not. I do have a monthly premium but it is nothing compared to what the excess from the surgeries would have been. I never even receive bills as it is taken care of very expeditiously.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cigna Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

New to Cigna. Will go into effect 10/1/19. So far great customer service. All G plans are the same however Cigna has the best premium out there and holds that premium for the policy year unlike others who find ways to up your premium like inflation.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I have Cigna true my work, but the cost are too much. They working with cheap doctors. The medication cost a lot of money. More money I make more I have to pay. I can't now but medication in other places only at walgreens.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I make payments through my Employer for this insurance and finally needed it because I had 2 surgeries it was 3 weeks for the first surgery and that spilled into the time for the other one both combined 7 weeks. It took 3 weeks to get my first check which was sent to my old address that took another week. They approved me up to a week before I was to return to work. A lot of my Bill's fell behind and it really kept me on edge because couldn't estimate when I would receive them. It has been a very stressful time for me. I hope that no one else has to go through this. Hopefully your experience will go better than mine did.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Cigna plan f covers everything that medicare pays for and there is no out of pocket expenses. There are no co-pays either. It does not cover medications so you would have to have some sort of coverage separately.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Cigna was great until they decided to no longer cover me due to pre-existing conditions. Honestly? I look forward to the dissolution of the entire health insurance industry. These are parasitic organizations that provide no real value to the consumer. We simply rely on them because they have hacked into our governmental systems and forced their way into our lives whilst simultaneously lobbying against civilized public options for single payer healthcare. I'll never use Cigna again, and i also look forward to firing my SE Asian health insurance company as soon as my country achieves a modicum of democratic representation and healthcare for its populous.

Cigna Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans expert review by Cyril Tuohy

Cigna Supplemental Benefits is a part of the Cigna family with policies underwritten by American Retirement Life Insurance Company and Loyal American Life Insurance Company. The company was established in 1982 and currently has more than 15 million health insurance customers.

• Other Medicare coverage: In addition to offering Medigap insurance, Cigna also sells Medicare Part D, or prescription drug coverage, and Medicare Advantage plans. Consumers cannot have both a Medigap plan and a Medicare Advantage plan, so Cigna agents can talk to interested consumers about the differences and which choice might be right for them.

• Customer service: Interested consumers can reach a customer service representative 12 hours a day on weekdays or live chat with them online during those same hours. Existing customers can also reach agents during extended business hours on weekdays or access their account online 24 hours a day.

• Best for: Cigna is best for seniors, retirees and people with qualifying disabilities, especially those who want help choosing the best plan for them.

Profile picture of Cyril Tuohy
Cyril Tuohy Insurance Contributing Editor

Cyril Tuohy, has covered the insurance industry for more than 15 years. He is an expert at writing about personal and commercial property-casualty insurance and covers life, annuities and retirement as a staff writer for a top insurance trade magazine aimed at insurance agents and financial advisors.

Cigna Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans Company Information