Call Now Toll Free
Shop Now on Health Network
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.09/5

Cigna is a coverage provider that offers Medicare supplemental insurance and Medicare Advantage plans for adults over 65. Its website has a quote tool to help you estimate your rates, and many of its flexible plans offer cost-free benefits. Most of its plans are HMOs, but it provides policies all throughout the U.S.

BOTTOM LINE

Cigna offers supplemental Medicare insurance plans to people over 65 in all 50 states. It has flexible plans and an online quoting tool to help you find coverage that works with your Medicare plan.

PROS
  • Cost-free benefits with most plans
  • Flexible plans
  • Online quoting tool
CONS
  • Most plans are HMOs
  • Offerings vary by location

Top Cigna Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cigna Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans?

It is a responsible company that has helped my family and me alike in the search for medicines and supplements for my condition. They have not let me down. Their quality and ethics when working and their products are priceless…

It was a great company to use. I love them because they are so caring, helpful and very selfless. The service and price are amazing. This company is highly recommended and I love knowing that if I need them they are always there for me. I would recommend…

Cigna Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans Call Now Toll Free (833) 204-0728 Shop Now on Health Network

Compare Medicare plans and pricing

Shop plans on Medicare.net

Get Started

Compare Medicare plans and pricing

Shop plans on Medicare.net

Get Started
Call Now Toll Free

About Cigna Medicare supplemental insurance

Cigna is a health insurance provider that offers cost-effective and straightforward Medicare supplements. It provides several different Medicare plans, including Medicare Advantage, for policyholders over 65. Its coverage features competitive rates, dependable service and various member programs and perks.

Cigna Medicare supplement plans

Cigna’s Medicare supplemental insurance, also referred to as Medigap, can help senior citizens pay for out-of-pocket expenses not covered by Medicare, such as certain deductibles, copays and coinsurance. Cigna’s website offers free quotes and comparisons for its Medicare supplement plan options, which include:

• Plan A
  • Plan F
  • Plan G
  • Plan N
  • High-deductible Plan F

Cigna’s Medicare Advantage plans provide all-in-one coverage, including Medicare Part A and Part B. Some of its Advantage plans also include dental and vision coverage. These plans come with flexible options (e.g., special needs coverage for those who qualify). Cigna also offers several no-cost programs with its Advantage plans, like behavioral and emotional support, case managers, health and wellness discounts, medication therapy management and more.

Cigna’s Part D prescription drug plans are ideal for those with prescriptions that require consistent upkeep. These plans feature low copays for prescriptions, an extensive network of pharmacies and extensive medication coverage. With this plan, you also receive BenefitsCheckup, which directs you to health and wellness discounts, programs that help cover health costs and more.

Cigna Medicare supplemental insurance costs

Cigna doesn’t have a set pricing structure, but its website has easy-to-use quoting tools that can give you a good idea of what you'll pay for a Medicare supplement. You’ll have to answer several questions about your situation and the type of coverage you want. Medicare supplemental insurance costs are based on many factors, including your location, age, how many doctors' visits you expect to make, coverage type and more.

For example, a quote for a 69-year-old in Phoenix, Arizona, comes to about $57.24 per month, or $687 per year, for a very basic HMO package that helps cover over-the-counter items and inpatient, skilled nursing facility, outpatient, mental health, emergency room and international care.

Cigna Medicare supplemental insurance FAQ

Where is Cigna Medicare supplemental insurance available?
Cigna is a global company and is available in all 50 states.
How do I qualify for Cigna Medicare supplemental insurance?
You have to enroll in Medicare to be eligible for Cigna’s Medicare supplements.
What coverage does Cigna provide?
Cigna offers health coverage for Medicare plans including supplemental insurance for Plans A, F, G and N.
Do Cigna’s Medicare supplements include Silver Sneakers?
Various Cigna locations may offer the Silver Sneakers program, but not all locations do. Contact your local representative to find out if the program is available to you.

Is Cigna good Medicare supplemental insurance?

Cigna seems to be a solid Medicare provider with plenty of coverage options for various lifestyles. If you’re eligible for Medicare and looking for flexible coverage with lots of perks and an emphasis on both physical and mental wellness, Cigna might be a good Medicare supplement choice for you.

Cigna Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans Reviews

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

Seems to work flawlessly, although it’s odd that my supplement has a different deductible (higher) for the year than Medicare does. Medicare processing makes it all so easy and I get my report on payments making it clear.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

This is paid for by my pension and they have been excellent during last spring serious hospitalization. There was NO large balance due after Medicare and Cigna paid the bills. I have had NO complaints from the last 5 years.

Get buying tips about Medicare Supplemental Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

Cigna has the best plan that I researched. My RX for Inhaler was $80 cheaper than my last plan. I would recommend Cigna to any Medicare beneficiary. Never had any problems with claims. My doctor likes Cigna too.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

The plan I have has several riders which made it attractive to me. It is basically an 'F' plan. Customer service answered my questions and gave us a discount because my husband & I have the same plan. My husband is a type I diabetic & coverage has been very good.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I have plan F. It has a high monthly premium but I do not pay copays and have not had to pay anything additional for out of pocket screenings or diagnostic procedures such as EMG, echocardiogram, stress ECHO, ER admission etc. I think you pay one way or the other. I prefer paying upfront. I hope the premium flattens out.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 3, 2021

I have spent hours on the phone with many, many Cigna people trying to get Cigna to honor my Doctor's bills from 2020. First they denied because they said they were not my primary insurance. Previously I had been on my husband's Aetna plan from his employer. He retired 12/31/2019. And ironically, Cigna has been paying his bills. Cigna contacted Aetna and confirmed our coverage with Aetna ended on 9/29/2020. They finally paid my eye doctor after 3 months and 3 denials.

Another bill in dispute is from 10/2020. After several other calls and appeals filed, the last thing I was told was that the doctor didn't present the bill soon enough. This is **. The doctor had to resubmit since the initial request was denied because they thought we still had Aetna. I had no idea this was happening until I started receiving bills from my providers. This is ridiculous that my physicians are having to wait months to be paid. I am sick of Cigna and when I am able am going to switch companies.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

The Cigna HealthSprings lures people in with their deceptive benefit package: prescription, OTC, Vision, Fitness supplements. Their OTC is the biggest rip-off. Their OTC catalog is extremely limited; the products are mostly generic, low quality, and far overpriced (for example: a tiny package of panty liners were $12 when comparable in-store brand name is much larger in quantity and size yet only cost approximately $3). Their Vision supplement/Superior has a $200 limit on eyewear and the only vendors allowed have prices greater than $500 on eyewear. It would be much less costly if clients paid out of pocket to a Sam's Club or Costco Vision; therefore, Cigna/Superior is useless.

The Fitness plan gives a few options all a joke (for example, gym passes are for one month only and have to be requested monthly). Just applying for these benefits requires clients an extreme amount of time to surf through for best and less costly options. Cigna prescription plan is just as frustrating and time consuming; nothing about it makes it easy to find the best options and cost for medications. They just charge and allow vendors to charge you whatever they want. You have to find the cheaper options on your own. The Customer Service is almost useless in assisting you.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

Most everything about Cigna has been excellent. Very few claim problems or issues and good service when there questions. The only reason I did not give them 5 stars is because of the escalated premium increases.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

When I signed up last year and call Cigna Medicare nobody could find me in the system. Most employees did not know what to do either. This year they did send me some of the information and the new cards but not for the dental and nothing for the vision. I will have to contact them again and hopefully I'm in the system. It's pretty bad I will change my insurance pretty soon.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

That Superior Vision is a big JOKE. Nobody takes Superior Vision thru Medicare, I called many places from what Superior Vision has on their website, nobody absolutely nobody takes those insurance, that is just a trick from Cigna, so you sign up. I am very disappointed.

Cigna Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans Company Information