Cigna Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans

Compare Medicare Supplemental Insurance

Research top Medicare Supplemental Insurance recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Good selection of providers to choose from. It was easy to get assistance by phone and without having much of a wait. Easy to understand benefits and what is covered or not necessarily covered. The insurance offered a variety of options, providers, for how to make payments, how to access your account (which can be done by phone, online, etc). Covered most things I ever needed. The customer service was always adequate, usually very friendly, and tried to be helpful. I did not have to contact them often, however all interactions I had were positive ones. The value is appropriate for the services received. I know many people who pay more for equal service and plan options. My family members were covered as well which is the most important thing.

My dad used it before I did and it really helped him through his retirement. As long as I remembered I knew that it should help me just as much as it did him. They offered to work with me and help me out when I needed it. But I'm sure that it is good and I do honestly think my dad uses it for his retirement. My dad says that they really help him and he is glad that he has them. He always tells me about them helping. I am very thrilled about how much they help him out. The value is a very wonderful one. If you are thinking about getting this I am sure that you would be just as happy too. Don't just take my word for it.

I appreciated that whenever there were any issues such as while at the pharmacy to pick up medications that they (the pharmacy staff contacting my insurance and whomever they spoke with) were able to provide help in reaching a solution more times than not. If a solution wasn't attainable, either due to insurance hurdles or my financial situation, it was easily made understandable to me without these explanations in medical/insurance jargon.

Not Extremely expensive in most cases relating to many areas in which insurance was needed or used. Communication not too complicated and explained as simple as possible. Although there are some areas of which I would choose differently if possible the customer service itself was quite decent. Wait times I experienced on the telephone usually were pretty reasonable. The representatives I encountered seemed to genuinely take a interest in the reason for my contacting them as well as offering solutions to fix specific situations that had arisen.

It would be nice if there were insurance companies out there that were a lot more affordable for me. I understand they have a business to run. Being on a fixed income means I have to take every EVERYTHING into consideration when it comes to financial related areas. Although it was manageable, it wasn't always easily manageable and it could have taken a lot of stress off my mind if, from time to time, I didn't have to financially shift this and that here and there in order to maintain my health and procure the things my primary care physician and at times hospital doctors concluded was needed in order to maintain the best interest of myself and health.

They seem to understand how my heart needs to be fixed, they have been more than willing to help me timely to make sure I am covered. I wasn't sure how this would work out with supplement insurance however it has be fantastic. They offer me a family practice doctor. I also have the best cardiology doctor. After I was sent to specialist I will as soon as about the expenses I was told after my Deducted of 5000 was met all my medical bill. E pld at 100%. I have only lying spoken to customers service on two different occasions however both occasions it was a pleasure to talk with them. They addressed me as if I were a part of the family. I guess this may be just a praise on my supplemental insurance because I think I have expressed how I feel and all my needs are currently being addressed.

The extra features that come with the package are truly amazing, the extra help that is given if needed. The different packages they offer to help you pick the extra features as well. The insurance offerings that are included are truly something special, the discounts that are added, the coupons that are given out truly help as well. This is something I would definitely recommend to others. The customer service aspect is truly astounding. They are very warm, friendly and inviting. They are never impatient but truly get down to the root of the question to answer you. The value of having this type of insurance is very beneficial. It pays for itself basically with the discounts, the customer service, the additional service. It's truly a great value.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cigna Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans?

I appreciate your patience and understanding of what I need. My family is very appreciative of your service. Taking time to thank you is the best I can do. Thanks so much. I am happy with the service and dedication the offerings provides. My family can be intuitive and happy to receive such wonderful service. Thank you for your consideration. Thank you for your service. There is not one other company that I would need to be there to handle my coverage. Thank you in advance for the opportunity to be in your number. Great job.

One of the best supplemental plans out there. The features cannot be beat and they really care about their customers. I know I'm not getting ripped off with them. This insurance company offers a wide variety of doctors and benefit options allowing for you to stay comfortable and happy with your doctors and care. This insurance company really goes above and beyond to make their customers happy! I am so pleased with the knowledgeable and caring staff. This insurance company truly cares about their clients. They don't try to take all your money like the insurance companies. The co-pays are reasonable and so are the deductibles.

The coverage did not cover what I had hoped it would. I ended up paying more out of pocket than I had hoped. Somewhat disappointed in the offering. The customer support staff was always professional and quick to respond. They took the time to understand my issue and made sure that my issue was resolved. It thought the value versus what I had paid for the product was off. For what I had paid I should have received better overall coverage. Too expensive!!!

Expert Review

Cyril TuohyInsurance Contributing Editor

Cyril Tuohy, has covered the insurance industry for more than 15 years. He is an expert at writing about personal and commercial property-casualty insurance and covers life, annuities and retirement as a staff writer for a top insurance trade magazine aimed at insurance agents and financial advisors.    More about Cyril→

Cigna Supplemental Benefits is a part of the Cigna family with policies underwritten by American Retirement Life Insurance Company and Loyal American Life Insurance Company. The company was established in 1982 and currently has more than 15 million health insurance customers.

• Other Medicare coverage: In addition to offering Medigap insurance, Cigna also sells Medicare Part D, or prescription drug coverage, and Medicare Advantage plans. Consumers cannot have both a Medigap plan and a Medicare Advantage plan, so Cigna agents can talk to interested consumers about the differences and which choice might be right for them.
  • Customer service: Interested consumers can reach a customer service representative 12 hours a day on weekdays or live chat with them online during those same hours. Existing customers can also reach agents during extended business hours on weekdays or access their account online 24 hours a day.
  • Best for Cigna is best for seniors, retirees and people with qualifying disabilities, especially those who want help choosing the best plan for them.

Compare Medicare Supplemental Insurance