Cigna Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans Visit Website

Visit Website
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.65/5
Cigna Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans Visit Website

Cigna Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans Reviews

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

They are the worst company ever, rude, and insensitive and liars. Their customer service is subpar, their supervisors are incompetent and useless, they have no empathy, and no one should ever use them at all.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Cigna is a great plan and excellent value except for one thing, their association with SilverScript. We do not have anywhere near what other people our age have in prescriptions but we pay as much or more than any of them. The stop gap on this plan is too low and the out-of-pocket after that is way out of line for any senior on fixed income.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I purchased a supplemental policy with Cigna through my job as a teacher 6 years ago. I paid $47.00 a month to this company in case of a critical illness (heart attack, stroke, etc.). Unfortunately, I had a stroke October 16, 2018. The company refuses to pay the $5000.00 rider stating I had the wrong type of stroke. Instead, they stated they are sending me a check for $161.00 for the cash value of the policy. Beware of this company (read the very fine print). It seems they will find an excuse not to pay.

Original review: May 2, 2019

WELL I STARTED in 2014 in the beginning all the way to November of 2018. Everything was fine. The drug I was taken for my prostate have got a Genetic So immediately without any advice was send Genetic. This loser send me that I almost end on Emergency that night. My Dr Wrote and was authorize brand name. (attach scan of letter) Of course the Pharmacy say my Dr don't Know how to write Prescription, so after I told my Dr that he send another Of course the beautiful people from HOME DELIVERY IGNORED AGAIN. WELL BY NOW I am 90 pills behind, well they return my 1.25 for my Genetics, I did not get nothing I have pay my insurance, but did not get medication, next refill the same, I have pay 3 moths of insurance but no medication.

Today I have to Wait until May 17 to get Postal Pharmacy to refill my meds. They have collect for six months without giving me my med. "Go somewhere else." That is what some of their own people have say. I do not know if you comprehend, what I have says don't get stuck here like me, like they say GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. I have call this place some time three times in one day. I don't think they have the best interest on you. Go somewhere else. You have the right. That was what that loser told me. So I repeat, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. LUIS **.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Hammond, La 70403 Cigna Supplemental Benefits, I was contacted (on my work cellphone) by Paula ** on 03/21/18. She informed me that I needed to sign up for Medicare before I actually turned 65. She talked to me briefly and lead me to believe that I was actually signing up for original Medicare (A&B). Due to lack of knowledge and not being educated on the many parts of Medicare, I gave her some of my information. She already knew as much about me as I do. I was receiving online bank statements at the time.

My laptop screen cracked. I had no means to check my acct. I went to S.S. office on 09/18/2018 to check on status because I had not gotten verification/cards. I wasn’t signed up for A or B Medicare. I went to bank and requested to start receiving paper statements again. When I reviewed the first paper statement, I saw Cigna Arlic charges and I was puzzled. I had just paid 4 months to CMS with a check. Another trip to the SS office was necessary. I was told that Cigna Arlic had nothing to do with original Medicare. I went to my bank and stopped the ACH. Unfortunately, my ignorance and trust in Paula ** had led to multiple charges before I realized the problem. I was credited for December 145.01.

I am requesting that my money be refunded for 09/06, 10/03,11/05 of 2018 in the amount of $455.03. I was mislead/scammed by Paula **, agent for Cigna Supplemental Benefits. I did go through some old mail and found a booklet from Cigna Supplemental Benefits. I didn’t really inspect it. I should have but again, I trusted Paula **. I put it in a folder and just waited for my cards to arrive in the mail. Upon discovering all of her deceitful tactics, I began to review it a little more. The contact email address, Medicare #, health ins provider dates, etc. is not correct. She put what she wanted in the booklet. However, it does state that “Individual must be enrolled in Medicare A&B in order for the policy to be issued.” I am submitting verification of my enrollment in Original Medicare (A&B). I have contacted the BBB and I will diligently continue to pursue this matter.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cigna Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

This insurance company ignored Medicare protocols for level of care admissions for authorizing appropriate inpatient services for physical and occupational therapy rehabilitation after a patient I am currently serving as a medical and financial POA for. After diminished physical fine and large motor skills due to chemotherapy side effects this insurance refused to pay for appropriate level of care in order to build her up to a self sustaining level. They placed her in a facility with low level care services and after two days I was informed that she would be self pay within 5 additional days. She had a TOTAL of 3 1/2 in that 7 days.

I was informed by facility that Cigna would not authorize more hours. I filed 2 appeals with the source CIGNA told me that I could use. Both failed. The appeal process was all to protect Cigna. Now I am going to Medicare to report them. By the way at once we were SELF PAY therapy improved immensely. If I need to I will go to our Senator to get our money back. When someone works for over 50 years they deserve better!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Updated on 03/17/2019: This is a follow up on my below complaint of 12 29 18. They have now refused to pay me. They said I had verbally agreed to buy their insurance per below in phone conversation. (I don't know- don't have their phone recording. Say they'll send it.) I said go ahead to #2 and they said in #3 I had 30 days to cancel. I said to them, "Download your info in #2 as in if you want to but 'I don't care'." At any rate it was a deceptive way to obtain a contract when the clear simple way would be to have me sign or not sign a contract mailed to me. At any rate they knew or should always try to find out if I already had a supplemental insurer which I did. So their policy did me no good. Don't know what my legal grounds are. But this is a scam.

Can't remember how I got in contact with them. Agent said she just wanted a little information - ended up being 20 minutes worth, 2) then told me they'd download extensive information to my yahoo account, 3) then sent me more information in mail unrequested by me. I never signed a thing. In fact I recall that at some point I told agent I did not like her hard sell and believe even said, "I reject any policy from you." They record all their phone calls. Anyhow about 8 months later I checked my bank account and found they had been billing my account $117/month for that many months. Called them and they have agreed to return my money. Said I had made a verbal contract.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I called Cigna today for my dad who is very hard of hearing. He wanted to pay an annual premium and not monthly. I called the head office and I could not believe what they told me. He will be billed ** per month but I said I want to pay for a year. They quoted me a number and it is $1.30 higher than if he paid by the month. I then talked to a supervisor who told me if he paid ** then he would save .24 cents a month. I said, "No. He should be saving 2 or 3 hundred dollars a month." And she finally said, "We do not offer that option." I wasted 45 minutes trying to get that answer.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I applied for Cigna Medigap insurance. I have not been in the hospital since my last child was born 35 years ago. I have had one doctor visit in the past year. I had a flare of polymyalgia rheumatica (last flare was 15 years ago). As a result, I took a low dose of **, tapering it over 6 months, currently down to 1/2 mg, due to be off it in a month. I was denied coverage for this. I had a phone consult with someone with no medical knowledge (I asked). Very disappointed!!!

Original review: July 6, 2018

I have been a customer of Cigna Medicare Supplemental Insurance for over a year. My payment comes out of my checking account automatically monthly to Cigna. I had changed my bank account because of fraudulent activity so contacted Cigna to let them know of the change and the representative told me she would put in the 28th as payment date. They would send out paperwork. I also could go online to make the change. I did that but put in the 1st as the date to take premium out. At that time, I had forgotten that the 28th was put in. So on 6/28 a payment was taken out and on 7/5 a payment was taken out.

So I called Cigna to tell them what happened and if I could please get a credit of the payment on 7/5 and leave the payment date to 6/28. They would not do it! I explained I was on a limited income and needed that money. But they did not care. So I have requested a cancellation. Cigna does not care for their customers especially senior citizens on limited incomes! So sad and disappointing!!

Cigna Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans Company Information