Call Now Toll Free
Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.05/5

Cigna is a coverage provider that offers Medicare supplemental insurance and Medicare Advantage plans for adults over 65. Its website has a quote tool to help you estimate your rates, and many of its flexible plans offer cost-free benefits. Most of its plans are HMOs, but it provides policies all throughout the U.S.

Cigna Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans Call Now Toll Free (833) 204-0728 Shop Now

Compare Medicare plans and pricing

Shop plans on Medicare.net

Get Started

Compare Medicare plans and pricing

Shop plans on Medicare.net

Get Started
Call Now Toll Free

Cigna Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cigna Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

My prescriptions were not delivered by the mail order pharmacy. Cigna refused to allow my prescriptions to be refilled even though I had been without them for several days. They blamed PillPack (the mail order pharmacy) for holding up Cigna's refund and said they would not authorize the local pharmacist to refill the prescription until they were reimbursed. I was on the phone for over two hours in two separate calls. The first representative was very nice and obviously was trying to contact the various departments at Cigna. The second representative kept denying that Cigna was blocking the prescription even though that is what the pharmacist told me. They want me to call back again for a third hour.

Original review: July 4, 2020

One would think ** wouldn't be a problem for insurers. I didn't have a problem having it covered years ago from a different insurer. I recently signed up for Cigna's drug prescription plan under contract with Medicare. They declined to cover the $20 it cost me for my 30 day supply. Why? Because. That's right. No answer. ** is the -only- medication that would quickly cure my illness, yet they declined to cover it - without-explanation and it took them 3 days to do it. I paid for it out of pocket immediately because the pain I was in was physically debilitating. I am paying Cigna every month along with a substantial annual deductible, for them to decline the very first medication I desperately needed and was prescribed. I will seek other coverage.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

This insurance company cares nothing about people. They claim they do, but they really don't. Their "together all the way with you" marketing motto is such garbage, that it makes me sick! Besides it's not even true in actual execution. For example, my 87 year old grandmother is being denied coverage for a hip fracture, which Cigna is claiming isn't medically necessary. She needed X-rays at first, and will probably need to undergo a hip replacement surgery since it hasn't healed fully after almost 5 months. Cigna however, is saying that she does not need the hip replacement surgery because it is not medically necessary.

They claim that she just needs more time to allow the hip to heal, even though it's been 5 months of excruciating pain, on her part waiting for her hip to heal. Her primary care doctors say that she needs this surgery, her orthopedists also agree that a hip replacement surgery is medically necessary for her. Only Cigna is saying it isn't medically necessary though, just because they don't want to pay for the procedure. They're basically attempting to find any excuse not to cover it, even going so far as suggesting that the doctors misread the X-rays in the first place and that her hip isn't really broken.

I guess the bean counters at the insurance company know more about a patient's medical symptoms than qualified doctors do.... even though those same bean counters haven't even assessed my grandmother's health. This insurance company: Cigna is a total scam, not one I would recommend to anyone whose elderly relatives rely on compassionate and ethical medical coverage from a morally responsible insurance company. Cigna is none of the above: they are clearly not ethical, do not care about patients and show no compassion towards them, and have no moral compass whatsoever.

Do not enroll in medical coverage with Cigna, for any reasons. You will get taken for a ride and basically swindled out of your insurance premium dollars and the company will refuse to stand behind the same insurance products and services it offers to the public. My grandmother is going to end up losing everything she has now, and simply because this greedy insurance company: Cigna wants to save a few dollars at the expense of an elderly woman's health and medical care. And hopefully the company won't try to whitewash everything either, for example "I'm sorry to hear about your negative experiences, let me look into this for you...."

No way, don't believe it for one minute either! This company: Cigna had countless opportunities to "look into this matter all along" and make things right for my 87 year old grandmother (who is unable to write this review herself because of her severe arthritis). But still, don't believe Cigna's cliched responses for any reason. They only post standard "sorry to hear about your bad experiences" type reviews to try to minimize the impact of the bad publicity. Just don't fall for it though, don't fall for their tricks of exercising major damage control to minimize the impact of the bad publicity. This company is terrible, has no morals or scruples, and their business (especially their Medicare plans) thrive on taking advantage of the elderly. Please don't say that you weren't forewarned before signing up with them...

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

They covered nothing, and then had the nerve to charge me for renewal when I did not do so. Then had the nerve to say they could do so, Avoid at all costs, this is an expensive ripoff. They refused to refund the money they had charged me after I had cancelled my coverage and I was forced to go to my bank and put a stop payment.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

Every time I turn around this company adds a cost & deductible. It is my opinion that if you pay for insurance it should be for the customer. Thus, I see commercials of them paying most likely exorbitant fees for Hollywood actor/actresses to sell them. I for one, get turned off as common sense should tell customers that this is a crock as these people can afford just about any cost. They are a joke. Additionally, if this were to be put aside those fees may help lower the deductibles and costs of the plans. If you work, you are able to keep up with fees, when retired. Try it!!! And even having the plan is not a guarantee of covered expenses. They can choose. Also, a board of doctors choosing what you get for your health is obnoxious. They do not know each patient individually!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

New to Cigna. Will go into effect 10/1/19. So far great customer service. All G plans are the same however Cigna has the best premium out there and holds that premium for the policy year unlike others who find ways to up your premium like inflation.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

They pay my bills and there is no hassle. If it was not for this coverage I would be bankrupt. It really is a life saver. When I go to my Doctor there is no Co-pay at all. I have had no billing problem and all my doctors accept the coverage.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I have Cigna true my work, but the cost are too much. They working with cheap doctors. The medication cost a lot of money. More money I make more I have to pay. I can't now but medication in other places only at walgreens.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I make payments through my Employer for this insurance and finally needed it because I had 2 surgeries it was 3 weeks for the first surgery and that spilled into the time for the other one both combined 7 weeks. It took 3 weeks to get my first check which was sent to my old address that took another week. They approved me up to a week before I was to return to work. A lot of my Bill's fell behind and it really kept me on edge because couldn't estimate when I would receive them. It has been a very stressful time for me. I hope that no one else has to go through this. Hopefully your experience will go better than mine did.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Cigna plan f covers everything that medicare pays for and there is no out of pocket expenses. There are no co-pays either. It does not cover medications so you would have to have some sort of coverage separately.

Cigna Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans Company Information