Find the Best Car Insurance in Dallas, TX
Top 13 Dallas Car Insurance Companies
|EverQuote Insurance Services|
Free online marketplace that matches you with car insurers in minutes. Works with more than 160 insurance companies. Has handled over 35 million quote requests. Offers online resources on car insurance topics.
|Allstate Auto Insurance||Read 2,104 Reviews|
Protects drivers with standard and specialty coverages. Policies include claim satisfaction guarantee, Drivewise and Allstate Rewards. Accident forgiveness and roadside assistance add-ons. Offers more than 10 types of discounts.
|Get a Quote|
|Fiesta Auto Insurance||Read 24 Reviews|
Offers car insurance for as little as $1 a day. Customers have access to 40 insurance carriers. Provides services in Spanish. Also offers tax preparation services. Contact for free quotes and information about discounts.
Compares insurance offers from various providers. Requires some personal information, vehicle details and insurance and driving history for quotes. Over 50 million people use its free online service.
|Get a Quote|
|A-MAX Auto Insurance Dallas||Read Author Review|
Works with over 20 different insurance carriers. Provides free quotes and policy discounts. Offers policies starting at $1 a day. Features multiple policy add-ons for custom coverage. Allows online payment and claim management.
|Atlas Auto Insurance||Read Author Review|
Provides free car insurance quotes. Offers auto and motorcycle insurance plus SR-22 coverage. Allows customers to manage their policy, claims and payments online. Spanish-speaking representatives available.
|Baja Auto Insurance Dallas||Read Author Review|
Specializes in high-risk drivers. Spanish-speaking representatives available. Gives free quotes. Insures cars and motorcycles. Provides policies from Hallmark, Multi-State, Affirmative, Western General and Links.
|Bella’s Auto Insurance||Read Author Review|
Offers policies from multiple providers with the lowest starting at only $29 per month. Allows customers to make payments, manage policies and file claims online. Provides free car insurance quotes online or over the phone.
|GAINSCO Auto Insurance||Read Author Review|
Offers auto insurance policies through independent agents. Allows customers to manage their accounts, payments and claims online 24/7. Spanish-speaking representatives available. Matches you with a local agent for your free quote.
|La Familia Auto Insurance Dallas||Read Author Review|
Provides free car insurance quotes online with rates starting as low as $29. Customizes policies from more than 20 insurance providers. Offers SR-22 coverage. Spanish-speaking representatives available.
|Lakewood Insurance||Read Author Review|
Partners with over 30 insurance providers to create custom policies. Offers coverage for personal cars, commercial vehicles, motorcycles, RVs and boats. Provides online car insurance quotes.
|Texas Farm Bureau Insurance Dallas||Read Author Review|
Offers insurance coverage through local agents. Provides auto insurance discounts for academic achievements, anti-theft devices and airbags. Allows customers to report claims, make payments and manage policies online.
|The Phoenix Insurance||Read Author Review|
Provides free online quotes. Features policies from top providers like Progressive, Travelers, MetLife, Berkley Classics, Classic Collectors, Safeco, Hagerty and Grundy Insurance. Offers insurance for collectors' cars.
Driving in Dallas, TX
As in any city, common risks affect drivers in Dallas. The following hazards increase the chance of damaging your vehicle.
- Crashes in Dallas: There are nearly 50,000 vehicle accidents in Dallas each year. If you’re involved in an accident without insurance, you lose your license and are financially responsible for any related damages or medical expenses. Car insurance in Texas shields you from this liability and makes sure you’re taken care of after a collision.
- Road conditions in Dallas: Dallas residents are no strangers to storms — more tornadoes occurring in Texas than any other state. In a given year, Dallas residents can expect 39 inches of rain, which significantly affects traffic and road conditions. Falling tree limbs or debris can damage your vehicle and cause accidents, so be sure to invest in a car insurance policy that protects you from these hazards.
- Vehicle theft in Dallas: Cars get stolen in Dallas at more than twice the national average. There are 5.92 car thefts for every thousand cars here, compared to a rate of 2.37 nationwide. Areas like Fruitdale, Sargent Park and City Center have high crime rates, so residents in these neighborhoods and the surrounding areas need to make sure their auto insurance covers their vehicles against theft.
Typical car insurance prices in Dallas, TX
Cheap car insurance in Texas starts around $500 per year, while annual premiums cost up to $4,000 for the most expensive policies. The cost of car insurance in Dallas depends on your:
- Driving record
- Coverage type
Where you live also affects the cost of your car insurance premium since your neighborhood (ZIP code) affects your risk of theft, vandalism and accidents.
The following table shows Texas auto insurance rates for a 30-year-old woman with a single vehicle. The comprehensive coverage includes uninsured motorist protection and a $500 deductible.
|Dallas neighborhood||Comprehensive||Liability||State minimum|
|Oak Cliff - 75211||$1,522||$776||$716|
|Lake Highlands - 75238||$1,490||$820||$760|
|Pleasant Grove - 75217||$1,480||$774||$712|
|Park Cities - 75205||$1,372||$790||$738|
|Old East Dallas - 75204||$1,342||$740||$692|
|Casa View - 75228||$1,486||$802||$738|
What is the minimum auto insurance coverage in Texas?
According to the Texas Department of Insurance, Dallas drivers must have a minimum of 30/60/25 coverage from their car insurance policy. This means $30,000 in coverage for injuries per person, $60,000 for injuries per accident and $25,000 for property damage.
If you don’t have enough coverage to cover your liability, you’re financially responsible for any leftover costs. As an example, if you have the Texas minimum-required coverage and you get into an accident that causes $40,000 in property damage, you’re liable for the leftover $15,000 after your auto insurance policy pays out.
In Texas, 1 in 6 drivers is on the road without insurance. If you get in an accident with one of them, expect to be left with unpaid repair costs and medical bills. It’s critical to make sure your car insurance policy includes uninsured motorist coverage to keep you from being left on the hook for an accident that wasn’t your fault.
Dallas car insurance alternatives
If you’ve been denied by two insurance providers in the last 60 days, you may qualify for help from the Texas Automobile Insurance Plan Association. This state-affiliated program allows high-risk drivers to get the minimum 30/60/25 coverage they need to drive legally. Ask your Dallas car insurance agent to help you apply for this program.
Dallas car insurance FAQ
- Do I need gap insurance coverage in Dallas?
- As your car depreciates, you may find yourself owing more than your car is currently worth. If your car is totaled during this time, gap insurance covers the full balance of your loan, regardless of your vehicle’s value. While not necessary, gap insurance is a good idea if you recently financed your car.
- Why is car insurance so expensive in Texas?
- Parts of Texas are densely populated, which leads to higher rates of car accidents. Combined with our comparatively high speed limits, these accidents often cause significant damage to drivers and their vehicles. Insurers raise the prices for car insurance in Dallas to compensate for their losses in those cases.
- How do I find SR-22 insurance in Dallas?
- If you’re a high-risk driver, you may need an SR-22 insurance document to prove that you’re maintaining an insurance policy. Most insurance providers offer this type of coverage, but ask your agent to make sure.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Dallas car insurance company information
A-MAX Auto Insurance is an independent insurance agency that offers free car insurance quotes and coverage starting at only $1 a day. Customers choose from more than 20 insurance carriers and customize their policies with different coverage levels and add-ons. A-MAX also offers a number of discounts, including savings for drivers who have multiple cars, own their homes, renew their policy, are married, pay their annual premium upfront, use EFT for payments, stay accident-free, have anti-theft devices or take defensive driving classes. Check the company’s website for contests and promotions.
- Address: 440 Centre St., Dallas, TX 75208; Multiple locations
- Phone: (214) 943-2000
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 7pm; Sat: 10am - 5pm
- Website: amaxinsurance.com
Baja Auto Insurance is an independent agency and specializes in high-risk drivers, including those who need an SR-22 certificate. Call or request a free quote online to see rates for personal vehicles or motorcycles and compare policies from five insurance carriers to find the coverage that suits your needs. Customers can work with English- or Spanish-speaking agents to build their policy.
- Address: 3219 W. Davis St., Dallas, TX 75211; Multiple locations
- Phone: (214) 301-7015
- Hours: M - Sat: 9am - 7pm
- Website: bajaautoinsurance.com
Atlas Insurance is a local broker that partners with multiple car insurance providers to find the best coverage for Dallas drivers. It insures high-risk drivers and customers needing SR-22s. The company’s bilingual agents provide customers with free quotes and help them manage their policies.
- Address: 1424 S. Buckner Blvd., Ste. A, Dallas, TX 75217
- Phone: (214) 347-4272
- Hours: M - F: 10am - 7pm; Sat: 10am - 5pm
- Website: getatlasinsurance.com
GAINSCO Auto Insurance is an insurance carrier with agents in Dallas. Call or request a free quote online. You can manage your account online at any time, including submitting claims, updating your policy and making payments. The company offers customer support in English and Spanish. Ask your insurance agent about any potential discounts you qualify for.
- Address: 3333 Lee Parkway, Ste. 1200, Dallas, TX 75219
- Phone: (866) 424-6726
- Hours: M - Sun : 8am - 8pm
- Website: gainsco.com
Bella’s Auto Insurance is an independent agency that offers auto insurance policies starting at just $29 a month. Customers get quotes online or over the phone and can purchase immediate coverage in as little as five minutes. Customers can also conveniently manage their policies online, including payments and claims submissions.
- Address: 1506 S. Buckner Blvd., Dallas, TX 75217; Multiple locations
- Phone: (214) 628-4600
- Hours: M - Sat: 10am - 7pm
- Website: bellasautoinsurance.com
La Familia Insurance Agency compares policies from more than 20 providers to find the best coverage at the lowest price. Policies start at $29 per month, and you can customize your insurance with different coverage levels and add-ons. The company insures high-risk drivers who require SR-22 certificates and other specialized services.
- Address: 2506 Gus Thomasson Road, Dallas, TX 75228; Multiple locations
- Phone: (214) 989-4449
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 7pm; Sat: 10am - 7pm; Sun: 11am - 5pm
- Website: lafamiliainsurance.com/location/dallas
The Phoenix Insurance protects your investment with policies from some of the nation’s top insurance carriers. This independent agency offers Texas auto insurance for everything from classic cars to daily drivers and has customizable coverage to fit your budget. Request a free quote online.
- Address: 11615 Forest Central Drive, Ste. 103, Dallas, TX 75243
- Phone: (214) 253-0570
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 6pm
- Website: thephoenixinsurance.com
Lakewood Insurance works with more than 30 companies to build custom auto insurance policies for Dallas drivers. Lakewood offers personal and business policies, and it insures RVs and boats. Inquire online, on the phone or in person at its Dallas office for an instant quote.
- Address: 6510 Abrams Road, Ste. 562, Dallas, TX 75231
- Phone: (214) 828-0141
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 5pm
- Website: lakewoodins.online
Texas Farm Bureau Insurance offers competitive rates on auto insurance along with a variety of discounts for good students and safe vehicles. Ask your local agent about any discounts you qualify for. You can manage your policy and report claims on the company’s website.
- Address: 3380 N. I-35 E., Lancaster, TX 75134; Multiple locations
- Phone: (972) 224-8247
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 5pm
- Website: txfb-ins.com
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.