Find the Best Car Insurance in San Antonio, TX
Top 13 San Antonio Car Insurance Companies
|EverQuote Insurance Services|
Free online marketplace that matches you with car insurers in minutes. Works with more than 160 insurance companies. Has handled over 35 million quote requests. Offers online resources on car insurance topics.
|Allstate Auto Insurance||Read 2,104 Reviews|
Protects drivers with standard and specialty coverages. Policies include claim satisfaction guarantee, Drivewise and Allstate Rewards. Accident forgiveness and roadside assistance add-ons. Offers more than 10 types of discounts.
|Get a Quote|
|Freeway Auto Insurance||Read 156 Reviews|
Works with multiple insurance companies to find customers coverage they can afford. Helps all types of drivers. Agents speak English and Spanish. Has an online auto insurance knowledge center with resources. Online quotes.
Compares insurance offers from various providers. Requires some personal information, vehicle details and insurance and driving history for quotes. Over 50 million people use its free online service.
|Get a Quote|
|A Abana Insurance San Antonio||Read Author Review|
Offers customizable insurance plans from local agents, including SR-22 coverage. Provides free quotes and secure payments online. Features a refer-a-friend program. Spanish-speaking representatives available.
|A-MAX Auto Insurance San Antonio||Read Author Review|
Partners with over 20 insurance carriers to offer policy options, discounts and optional add-ons. Has policies with premiums starting as low as $1 per day. Provides free quotes. Allows customers to manage their accounts online.
|Amtex Auto Insurance San Antonio||Read Author Review|
Partners with over 20 insurance carriers. Spanish-speaking representatives available. Provides free quotes. Includes multiple coverage options for policy customization. Allows customers to pay and file claims online.
|Direct Auto Insurance San Antonio||Read Author Review|
Offers free online quotes. Provides online payment options. Spanish-speaking representatives available. Offers discounts and policy add-ons like roadside assistance and rental reimbursement.
|La Familia Auto Insurance San Antonio||Read Author Review|
Partners with over 20 providers to provide a variety of plans. Offers free online quotes with rates as low as $29 per month. Spanish-speaking representatives available. Provides SR-22 certificates and other specialized services.
|Primera Insurance||Read Author Review|
Offers free quotes. Spanish-speaking representatives available. Provides multiple coverage levels, including liability, comprehensive and uninsured motorist insurance. Has multiple San Antonio locations.
|Remco Car Insurance San Antonio||Read Author Review|
Works with top insurers to find the right policy for you. Offers free quotes. Provides SR-22 certificates. Speaks English and Spanish. Allows you to submit claims directly to your provider.
|Texas Farm Bureau Insurance San Antonio||Read Author Review|
Offers free quotes online or through local agents. Provides liability, collision and comprehensive coverage, plus optional add-ons. Gives multiple-policy discounts. Allows online account and policy management.
|Trinity Auto Insurance||Read Author Review|
Compares plans from six providers to find the best coverage and value for your needs. Offers free quotes. Spanish-speaking representatives available. Provides discounts for bundling with home or commercial insurance.
Driving in San Antonio, TX
Car insurance in San Antonio protects drivers from financial liability in case of an accident or theft, but drivers here face specific risks. We’ve outlined some of the most common hazards challenging San Antonio drivers below:
- Crashes in San Antonio: Without auto insurance, a car accident can be financially disastrous and leave you liable for damages and medical expenses. There were nearly 30,000 vehicle accidents in Bexar last year, of which more than 15,000 led to possible injuries. Car insurance covers your liability for injury or property damage if you cause an accident. If you choose comprehensive coverage, it pays for your medical treatment and vehicle repairs if you're hit by an uninsured motorist.
- Road conditions in San Antonio: San Antonio gets almost no snow, but it does have 33 inches of rain each year. While the city is outside Tornado Alley, cyclones do occasionally touch down here and create hazardous road conditions. Most comprehensive car insurance policies cover environmental damage to your vehicle, whether it’s on the road or in your driveway.
- Vehicle theft in San Antonio: Although Salado Junction, Downtown and Shorts Corner have high crime rates, people all over San Antonio are at risk of car theft. For every 1,000 vehicles in San Antonio, there are 4.55 cars stolen each year. If you have auto insurance with the correct coverage and someone steals your car, simply file a claim with your provider to be reimbursed for the value of your vehicle.
Car insurance prices in San Antonio, TX
Drivers in San Antonio pay anywhere from $350 to $1,500 per year for car insurance in San Antonio. Some of the main factors that influence the cost of your premiums are:
- Credit history
- Driving record
- Vehicle age
- Vehicle make and model
- Vehicle ownership
You may also qualify for discounts, such as savings for married couples, good students and people with full-time employment, so make sure to discuss any possible price reductions with your broker or agent.
The following table gives you an idea of what a 30-year-old woman might expect to pay in different areas of San Antonio.
|San Antonio neighborhood||Comprehensive||Liability||State minimum|
|Jefferson - 78201||$1,438||$780||$720|
|Stone Oak - 78258||$1,318||$758||$714|
|Brooks - 78235||$1,296||$704||$654|
|Hollywood Park - 78232||$1,428||$828||$762|
|Castle Hills - 78230||$1,384||$778||$718|
|Downtown - 78205||$1,340||$732||$678|
Does Texas require auto insurance?
In Texas, drivers are required to have a minimum coverage of $30,000 per person for injuries, $60,000 per accident and $25,000 for property damage. Driving without insurance can lead to criminal charges and having your license revoked. In San Antonio,1 in 6 drivers doesn’t have car insurance. If you get into an accident with one of these uninsured drivers, you're likely to end up with medical debt or car repair bills unless your policy includes uninsured driver coverage.
San Antonio car insurance alternatives
High-risk drivers who have been denied by insurance providers twice in the last 60 days can qualify for insurance through the Texas Automobile Insurance Plan Association (TAIPA). Only the state-required minimum coverage is available through this program, but if you’re unable to get conventional insurance, this lets you stay legal on the road. Contact a car insurance agent to apply to TAIPA.
Car insurance FAQ
- How can I get discount auto insurance in San Antonio?
- Most insurance providers offer multipolicy or multicar discounts. Savings are also available for good students, customers who have taken driving courses and drivers who are married or employed full-time.
- Why is car insurance so expensive in Texas?
- Drivers pay more for car insurance in San Antonio because of the city’s high rate of car accidents and auto theft. Insurance providers consider your exact ZIP code to determine your specific risk factors.
- Do I need gap insurance coverage in San Antonio?
- If you have a car loan for more than your car is worth, gap insurance is a worthwhile investment in case your car is totaled. This insurance add-on guarantees that your loan is paid back, even if it exceeds the value of your vehicle. Otherwise, you may find yourself still owing money after your insurance payout.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
San Antonio car insurance company information
Remco Insurance assists drivers in their search for affordable car insurance in San Antonio. You can request a free quote online or contact a local agent for more information. Policies are available for high-risk drivers, including those who require an SR-22 certificate. The company employs English- and Spanish-speaking customer service representatives.
- Address: 703 Bandera Road, Ste. 1, San Antonio, TX 78228
- Phone: (210) 504-3600
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 7pm; Sat - Sun: 10am - 5pm
- Website: remco.com
Trinity Auto Insurance offers policies from multiple insurance carriers and lets you quickly compare your options so you can choose the right coverage. This local, independent agency also has policy discounts for customers bundling auto with home or commercial insurance. Call or apply online for a free quote.
- Address: 8035 Culebra Road, Ste. 110, San Antonio, TX 78251
- Phone: (210) 384-2949
- Hours: M - F: 10am - 6pm; Sat: 10am - 2pm
- Website: trinityautoinsurance.com
A-MAX Auto Insurance is a local, independent insurance agency that works with more than 20 providers to create custom policies for drivers in San Antonio. Its premiums start at $1 a day for liability coverage, so contact a local agent or inquire online for a free quote to see if you qualify. Ask your agent about any policy discounts, and check the agency's website for contests and promotions.
- Address: 4525 Rigsby Ave., Ste. 103, San Antonio, TX 78222
- Phone: (210) 648-0033
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 7pm; Sat: 10am - 5pm
- Website: amaxinsurance.com
Amtex Auto Insurance works with more than 20 insurance carriers to provide you with a variety of coverage options. Customers file claims directly to their insurance provider, but payments can be submitted on Amtex’s secure website. You can request a free quote online or call for assistance in English or Spanish.
- Address: 6900 San Pedro Ave., San Antonio, TX 78216
- Phone: (210) 824-2200
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 7pm; Sat: 10am - 5pm
- Website: amtexinsurance.com
A Abana is an insurance carrier that provides customizable auto insurance plans in San Antonio. Its team of local agents provides support in English and Spanish. A Abana also offers free quotes and a refer-a-friend program with a $15 gift card for each new customer referral.
- Address: 6762 Ingram Road, San Antonio, TX 78238
- Phone: (210) 733-7337
- Hours: M - F: 9:30am - 6pm; Sat: 9am - 5pm
- Website: a-abana.com
La Familia Auto Insurance is a San Antonio insurance broker with policies available from more than 20 top carriers. Its plans start as low as $29 a month for liability coverage, and it helps drivers who require SR-22s or other specialized auto insurance services. Call today to speak with an English- or Spanish-speaking representative.
- Address: 4535 Rigsby Ave., Ste. 103, San Antonio, TX 78222
- Phone: (210) 202-0832
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 7pm; Sat: 10am - 7pm
- Website: lafamiliainsurance.com
Primera Insurance offers insurance policies from basic liability plans to full coverage. You can call or contact the company online for a free estimate, and it has several local branches where you can stop in for help in English or Spanish.
- Address: 2118 S. Zarzamora St., Ste. 440, San Antonio, TX 78207
- Phone: (210) 853-0701
- Hours: M - Sat: 9am - 7pm
- Website: getprimera.com
Direct Auto Insurance is an insurance carrier with more than 400 locations across the nation. It offers custom insurance policies with optional add-ons like roadside assistance. The company provides discounts for active-duty military, safe drivers, good students and senior citizens. It also seasonal contests and promotions on its website.
- Address: 1714 SW Military Drive, Ste. 105, San Antonio, TX 78221
- Phone: (210) 280-8416
- Hours: M - F: 9:30am - 6pm; Sat: 10am - 4pm
- Website: directauto.com
Texas Farm Bureau Insurance creates customizable auto policies for San Antonio drivers. It insures a wide variety of vehicles ranging from classic cars to work trucks. The company gives policy discounts as well, so ask your local agent if you qualify for any savings.
- Address: 17300 Henderson Pass, Ste. 105, San Antonio, TX 78232
- Phone: (210) 745-3321
- Hours: Call for hours
- Website: txfb-ins.com
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.