Find the Best Car Insurance in Atlanta, GA
Top 12 Atlanta Car Insurance Companies
|EverQuote Insurance Services|
Free online marketplace that matches you with car insurers in minutes. Works with more than 160 insurance companies. Has handled over 35 million quote requests. Offers online resources on car insurance topics.
Read 4,548 Reviews
Offers auto insurance with 24/7 customer service. Choose from various payment plans. Provides a range of discount options. Pay your bill, get digital ID cards and file claims on the app. Insures over 28 million vehicles.
|Progressive Auto Insurance|
Read 4,285 Reviews
See car insurance within your budget with the Name Your Price tool. Get a personalized rate based on your driving with Snapshot. 99% of drivers earn at least one of multiple discounts. Insures over 20 million drivers.
|Allstate Auto Insurance|
Read 2,107 Reviews
Protects drivers with standard and specialty coverages. Policies include claim satisfaction guarantee, Drivewise and Allstate Rewards. Accident forgiveness and roadside assistance add-ons. Offers more than 10 types of discounts.
|Get a Quote|
|American Family Insurance - Auto|
Read 362 Reviews
Offers auto insurance with local agent support. Use MyAmFam app to set up payments, view proof of insurance, get roadside assistance and track claims. Save up to 20% with KnowYourDrive usage program. Over 15 kinds of discounts.
Read 253 Reviews
Hispanic-owned company with over 700 offices in 11 states. Provides quotes to all customers despite poor driving or credit history. Low down payments and convenient monthly payment plans. Claims department open six days a week.
Compares insurance offers from various providers. Requires some personal information, vehicle details and insurance and driving history for quotes. Over 50 million people use its free online service.
|Get a Quote|
|A+ Budget Centers||Read Author Review|
Works with numerous auto insurers as an independent agency. Offers low down payments, pay-as-you-go installments and flexible payment schedules. Provides free quotes online, by phone or in person at its office.
|ATI Insurance||Read Author Review|
Offers multiple types of car insurance policies from different insurance companies. Provides comprehensive policies that cover your car against natural disasters and falling objects.
|Direct Auto Insurance Atlanta||Read Author Review|
Sells customizable car insurance policies. Works with students, high-risk drivers and people needing SR-22s. Offers safe driver and multi-car discounts. Provides free, personalized quotes online showing eligible discounts.
|Five Star Insurance||Read Author Review|
Offers a wide range of car insurance options from companies like Progressive, Allstate and Safeco. Provides quotes online, on the phone or in person. Lets customers submit claims online.
|Peachstate Car Insurance||Read Author Review|
Issues policies for standard and non-standard drivers, motorcyclists, truckers and commercial vehicle operators. Offers coverage options for liability, collision and comprehensive car insurance.
Driving in Atlanta, GA
Purchasing auto insurance in Atlanta is a legal requirement, but buying more than the state requires is usually an excellent idea. Auto insurance protects you financially from the frequent auto accidents, hazardous road conditions and auto thefts that occur in Georgia.
- Crashes in Atlanta: Automobile accidents are a common occurrence in Atlanta. In Georgia’s most recent accident report data, Fulton County had 58,581 total crashes with 17,947 injuries, whereas Dekalb County had 41,729 crashes and 16,121 injuries. Given these statistics, Atlanta residents should consider investing in comprehensive car insurance policies to protect themselves from accident-related liability.
- Road conditions in Atlanta: Atlanta’s inadequate traffic infrastructure is a constant problem for drivers. Poorly designed highways and construction turn roads into car-accident magnets. Georgia also receives about 50 inches of rain annually, which makes roads even more treacherous. A good car insurance policy compensates for these increased risks and helps you avoid financial hardship if you get into an accident.
- Vehicle theft in Atlanta: Property crimes such as vehicle theft are unfortunately common in Atlanta. According to county data, more than 3,000 residents are victims of car theft every year. People living in neighborhoods where cars are routinely stolen — like Downtown and Midtown — should make sure their car insurance adequately covers them against theft.
Typical car insurance price in Atlanta, GA
Car insurance in Atlanta costs between $1,300 and $2,600 annually, depending on your coverage level and location. Check out the chart below to see what a 30-year-old woman might pay for a single-car policy in Atlanta.
|Atlanta neighborhood||Comprehensive||Liability||State minimum|
|Virginia-Highland - 30306||$1,542||$1,382||$1,336|
|Midtown - 30309||$1,662||$1,484||$1,434|
|Druid Hills - 30030||$1,712||$1,534||$1,488|
|Adair Park - 30310||$2,538||$2,232||$2,148|
|Old Fourth Ward - 30308||$1,800||$1,594||$1,538|
|Kirkwood - 30317||$1,954||$1,724||$1,662|
Other factors that affect what you pay for car insurance in Atlanta include your:
- Credit score
- Marital status
- Driving history
- Vehicle make and model
While some of these factors might not seem important, auto insurance companies use them to create a risk profile for insuring your vehicle. High-risk drivers pay higher premiums, while low-risk drivers enjoy cheaper car insurance in Atlanta.
Requirements in Georgia for auto insurance
Yes, the Georgia Department of Insurance requires every motorist to have liability coverage for at least $25,000 per person, $50,000 per incident and $25,000 for property damage. However, 12% of Georgia drivers still don’t have car insurance. Uninsured drivers put everyone else on the road at risk because they leave drivers without comprehensive coverage financially vulnerable after an accident. Make sure your car insurance comes with uninsured motorist coverage to prevent financial hardship if you're in an accident caused by one.
Atlanta car insurance alternatives
The Georgia Automobile Insurance Plan helps high-risk drivers get insurance. Consider GAAIP if at least two car insurance companies have rejected you within the last two months because of driving history or credit profile. GAAIP pairs motorists with a car insurance company that is required to offer you coverage. Applicants need to have a Georgia-registered car and a valid driver’s license to apply.
Atlanta car insurance FAQ
- How can I get discount car insurance in Georgia?
- Georgia residents can qualify for a variety of savings, including discounts for having multiple policies, being a good student or taking a drivers’ education course.
- Is Georgia a no-fault state for accidents?
- No, Georgia is an at-fault state, meaning whoever causes an accident is liable for all damages.
- How do I find cheap SR-22 insurance in Atlanta?
- Many of the companies on our list provide SR-22 certificates in Atlanta. High-risk drivers must have these forms to prove they have adequate car insurance coverage.
- Why is car insurance so expensive in Georgia?
- Car insurance rates in Georgia continue to rise as cars become more expensive and traffic increases. This is especially true in Atlanta, where residents suffer from bumper-to-bumper traffic as well as growing car theft rates.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Atlanta car insurance company information
Peachstate Insurance allows interested customers to compare and buy policies online. It can tailor any of its plans to better suit your needs at an affordable price. Policyholders save time by making payments online, and customers who refer friends are entered to win a $300 monthly cash prize.
- Address: 1917 Pryor Road SW, Ste. 2c, Atlanta, GA 30315
- Phone: (404) 624-1190
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 6pm; Sat: 10am - 2pm
- Website: peachstateinsurance.net
As a company that loves to interact with its customers, Direct Auto Insurance frequently has in-store events and special promotions. It offers car insurance and motorcycle insurance for a wide range of Atlanta residents, including high-risk drivers. The company has affordable and flexible payment options to meet every budget.
- Address: 530 Joseph E. Lowery Blvd. SW, Ste. J, Atlanta, GA 30310
- Phone: (404) 260-4797
- Hours: M - F: 9:30am - 6pm; Sat: 9am - 3pm
- Website: directauto.com
ATI Insurance helps educate drivers about how much car insurance they really need so they can save money. ATI’s collision coverage protects consumers from liability in car accidents, even with uninsured or underinsured motorists. Customers can select deductibles of $500 to more than $1,000 to keep premiums low.
- Address: 2470 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive SW, Atlanta, GA 30311
- Phone: (404) 691-6642
- Hours: M - F: 10am - 7pm; Sat: 10am - 6pm
- Website: atiinsurance.com
With A+ Budget Centers, customers choose from various auto insurance companies to get the best policy their money can buy. All of its policies have customizable coverage levels, and the company ensures your insurance meets state requirements.
- Address: 1352 Lakewood Ave. SE, Atlanta, GA 30315
- Phone: (678) 720-9006
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: mybudgetcenter.com
Car insurance policyholders who take Five Star Insurance's premium reduction class can get significant savings on car insurance in Atlanta. The company offers six types of auto insurance coverage, so you can select a policy that precisely meets your needs and shields you from medical expenses, legal liability and costly car repairs.
- Address: 191 Peachtree St., Ste. 3300, Atlanta, GA 30303
- Phone: (404) 589-1818
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: fivestarinsuranceagency.com
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.