Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

• 5%
  • 7%
  • 71%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida?

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed June 18, 2024

I would rate it 0 if possible. The absolute worst insurance plan. High premium with insanely high deductible, and nothing is covered. Need pre-auth for every little thing. When you talk to an "agent" they tell you one thing then the next person tells you something totally different. And that's after being hung up on over and over. You will be on the phone all day trying to get basic information. Their search for in-network providers is a joke. And they outsourced their mental health coverage to a company that just gives you a long list of providers with NO categories or info. Does the therapist see pediatrics, provide a particular type of therapy, specialize in certain disorders? It doesn't specify. Just absolute GARBAGE insurance. They are predatory scammers.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 14, 2024

Very disappointed. They say there’s a 3 month grace period. Cancelled my plan the same day they sent a past due notice. People get behind from time to time, hence the need for a grace period. Didn’t even give me two weeks.

Get buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed June 7, 2024

This insurance provider continues to flag our account unjustly. It started last month when our Better You Rewards were applied to our May bill which reduced it. My FL Blue grants its members a 90-day grace period to pay their monthly premiums. If they do not pay their outstanding bill within 30 days, their system flags the account which restricts their benefits. The problem is My FL Blue is not waiting 30 days. They are restricting our account 5-7 days after the due date. I have reported them to CMS and FL Department of Financial Services. Their customer service team is horrible and incompetent. Most issues have to be escalated just to be resolved.

Customer ServiceCoveragePrice

Reviewed June 4, 2024

Extremely expensive individual coverage 1400. month, with horrendous service. They actually will approve something on the phone in the am, and have it rejected in their computers by the pm! They keep changing their providers list after you locked yourself in with them for the year. Their customer service center gives incorrect information about 50% of the time and even the secret concierge customer service misdirects you and wastes your time.

Customer ServiceCoverageSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed May 19, 2024

Do not use Florida Blue for your health insurance. They’re a scam. They make you pay a ton each month for coverage. Then, on top of that, they make you buy the ‘basic’/generic version of your prescriptions and it still costs over $70. The worst part, you can call in, discuss in detail the problem you’re having with an agent. Then, after you’re told one thing, go ahead and do something that you were reassured of would not be affected, then Florida Blue lies to you and changes their word.

They will NOT cover doctor appts and medical costs that should be in network. They tell you that Quest is an in-network company, and then you go to a Quest. They deny the coverage because they say ‘that’ Quest is out of network. One of the dumbest and most insecure companies I’ve ever dealt with. All they do is lie to you, and pass your problem around until you get fed up of calling and dealing with a situation for months and months. Please. Choose a different company for insurance.

Profile pic of the author.
      CoveragePriceStaff

Reviewed May 14, 2024

This company is an absolute NIGHTMARE. I don’t have enough time to list all my complaints and it’s only May. This is the WORST insurance I’ve ever had and it’s NOT cheap. Many primary care doctors are dropping the myBlue HMO. I just found out my primary care of many years stopped accepting myBlue on April 1st because of all the “changes to policy” this company has made mid-year! How is that even legal? I just talked to a specialist’s office who I’ve gone to multiple times this year already and now myBlue is requiring a “pre-authorization” through my primary care for every visit I’ve ALREADY HAD this year. I did had a referral! Well, my primary care is no longer accepting this horrible company, so I don’t even know what I’m going to do.

I have already spent a FORTUNE on co-pays and prescriptions that they will not cover. I needed a procedure (same doctor, same facility, same procedure) that I had done in December and paid $85. It’s now a $2000 co-pay. Oh, and you can’t go to CVS anymore either. With the amount of money I’ve spent this year because of all of the loopholes, denials, co-pays and now all the specialist office visits I’ll be totally responsible for, I’m probably going to cancel my policy and go without healthcare until next year when I can sign up with a better company. I will be contacting the FL Attorney General’s Office and hopefully something can be done about this horrible company.

Staff

Reviewed May 3, 2024

Don't sign up for their Insurance! Crazy Co would take all day explain nightmares I've been through. Basically nobody knows anything-10 people tell you 10 different things-I foolishly gave them 2nd chance & of course, it was worse than 1st yr-DON'T MAKE SAME MISTAKE I DID!

Verified purchase
      Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 23, 2024

I had to reschedule my doctor appointment twice because my booked MRI appointment wasn't approved by the insurance company. Blue Cross Blue Shield never approved the doctor order to the imaging center for no reason. This insurance company uses a third party as an excuse who cannot approve directly. So they just intermediate and do nothing. Everything is handled by calls. I had to pay by my own to get MRI study done and they said I won't get the reimbursement. I'm a cancer surviving patient and this is a regular follow-up which I've done it for 6 years with formers health insurance companies without any problem at all.. Don't waste your money and time with this insurance company. This is the worst health insurance company I've ever had!

Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed April 19, 2024

I have been member of BCBS Florida for almost 17 yrs. This year for first time I used the benefits of the wellness card and I made 150 dollars for doctors visit and pharmacy co-payments, last year specialist copayments was 40 dollars. This year increased to $45. I went to see my cornea specialist due to a transplant and in records, they make a mistake charging from card old copayment $40 when they noticed was 45, they passed card again for 5 dollar to complete the full payment. And since then this have been seen a nightmare wellness card are contacting me by mail and email. I have explained to them what happen, they do not used common sense and keep sending me email that wellness card will be cancelled, my health is coming first that any money in this work and my insurance know all my medical issues, they can cancel the wellness card with the rest of the money $130.00 dollars but stop sending me more emails and letter.

I’m very frustrated by the end of the year in enrollment time I will definitely will sign with another insurance. I will no recommend this nightmare to any body else, please stop contacting me and sending all this emails and letter by regular mail. Ridiculous way to lose an insured of 17 years for 5 dollars… pleas read and be aware of what they doing with people health, what way they help us…..

CoverageStaff

Reviewed April 15, 2024

The MyBlue insurance that I pay over $1,100/ month is virtually worthless. I pray to God that they do not deny my care any longer. The only reason I choose them was for a Dr. Listed on the "In-Network Providers". I set that Dr. Up as my primary and the Dr's office told me they dropped MyBlue for the terrible way they treat their clients. They should be banned from doing business in Florida and an investigation should be launched immediately.

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida Company Information