Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Overall Rating
2.5 out of 5

About Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida Reviews

ConsumerAffairs has collected 435 reviews and 770 ratings.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida?

Reviewed Oct. 19, 2023

I pay almost $10,000/ year for medical insurance with a $9100 deductible for my wife and myself. I got something in my eye and scratched the inside of my eyelid to the point that it had bled. I went to my primary and he prescribed drops to alleviate the pain and swelling. After preauthorization BC denied the prescription. After two days of pain and ME going back and forth between my doctor office and BC I called the pharmacy and paid for it myself. For a grand total of $64.99! They wanted more information from my doctor and held up my prescription for $65. What a terrible insurance company.

Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed Sept. 6, 2023

Please use this insurance as your last and only resource. Bad customer service and they don't know anything to help you with when you call and that's if you can understand them. They will make you wait more than a month to find out if they will cover you for a medication you need and probably won't cover it very well or not at all and nothing will be explained at all if you call about your responsibility.

Thanks for your vote! Report

Get buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Coverage

Reviewed Aug. 30, 2023

Run don’t walk. Have been with BCBS for many years but after failing multiple diabetes drugs and having intractable vomiting with **, they won’t pay for a new drug ** for me to try after failing literally 5 medications. Guess they would rather pay for all the hospital trips instead. This company only cares about money, don’t use them if you can help it. Unfortunately this is the only insurance I can use because of my employer. Sad no one really cares anymore!

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Aug. 22, 2023

Absolutely awful. I pay $1300 per month for individual private insurance (just me) and they have denied two medications I need that my doctor wrote the prescriptions for. They also denied an MRI I needed. In addition, I am starting physical therapy and they have only 2 physical therapists in-network close to me - neither is good. Good doctors are often not in network with them, forcing the patient to opt for not so good doctors. Their customer service reps know nothing so don’t count on them when you need help. Their find-a-doctor section of their site is disorganized and not up to date. I’m so unhappy with them and will be making a change to another plan as soon as possible.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Aug. 8, 2023

I have been with FLORIDA BLUE for 5 years. Every single appointment I have ever had with a Primary has lasted ten minutes UNLESS I have forced the dr to give me more time passively aggressive of course. I started out at the Jupiter location, was not bad at first, quick, straight to the point, then they started rotating doctors; lets say STUDENTS instead of DOCTORS because you will NEVER see a real doctor, you will see their "assistant" the one who is STILL IN TRANING, but yet the one you are supposed to trust with your health and leave your life choices in their hands. WHAT A JOKE.

Today was the last straw, I just called in to schedule a doctor appointment for my "primary", the one they have changed on men AGAIN, TWICE IN THE PAST THREE MONTHS, to tell me "I can not be seen until January 2024" when asked to change do to new "dr" or at most, be seen by anybody; "NOBODY ELSE TAKES MY INSURANCE". WHAT AM I PAYING $70 A MONTH FOR? FLORIDA BLUE HEALTH INSURANCE IS A JOKE. You see a "specialist" and pay a "copay" but then YOU STILL GET A BILL IN THE MAIL, that same BILL WILL GO OFF TO COLLECTIONS, and WILL HURT YOUR CREDIT.

It's the REVOLVING GAME OF GREED! and how high they can get their stats; oops I mean how many patients they can push through the door. AFTER 5 YEARS, THEY ARE FIRED. To be honest with you, NOWADAYS, you're better off just going straight to the EMERGENCY ROOM, THAT'S WHERE THE REAL DOCTORS ARE, not these fancy young college students who want to throw on a white coat, walk around with a tablet and pretend to be taking notes. WHAT A JOKE. THE ENTIRE HEALTH CARE SYSTEM IN AMERICA IS A JOKE! 90% OF THESE "DOCTORS" DON'T EVEN QUALIFY AS DOCTORS! If you're thinking FLORIDA BLUE, dont! Remember YOUR HEALTH IS ALL YOU HAVE, THE PRICE IS WORTH IT. Save yourself some time, skip FLORIDA BLUE/ BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD OF FLORIDA.

Customer ServicePriceStaffReliability

Reviewed July 31, 2023

This company outsources its call center jobs and 99% of the time when you call to speak with customer service, you get an agent in a non English speaking country who has an accent that is so thick and who speaks in such broken sentences that you can't understand what the heck they're saying. Some of them even say sentences backward! I'm not kidding you! Their ability to troubleshoot issues is NULL. It's like talking to robot with very limited programming that repeats the same thing over and over because it doesn't have the capacity to process and function beyond its limited programming. It's BEYOND FRUSTRATING. I have complained about this (and I'm sure I'm not alone in this), but nothing changes. Their prices are very high and their plans are tricky. This is enough to make anyone switch their insurance carrier!

CoverageStaff

Reviewed June 27, 2023

They're awful. They have denied my prescribed antibiotic - $210 for a month. I waited for this decision more than a month after submission. Florida Blue paid $0. Also none of my PCR tests were covered as well. Had to pay 100%. My plan costs me over $1000 a month. Just unbelievable...

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 26, 2023

As a provider I submit the 1500 form. BCBS of Florida always send a letter asking to add something new that was already added in the previous form with the purpose to not pay. The customer service team doesn’t know what they are doing and the waiting period for someone to help is 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Reviewed May 17, 2023

Florida Blue Outsourcing the approval of procedures my doctor has requested a paper pusher paid to delay and denied my healthcare. I have taken off work to get test done and the insurance Gods haven't finished their reviews to see if this is something they will allow or not and if so, I'll have to take off more time from work to possibly be able to be permitted from God to be able to get this service done. They wait until the last minute and have little to no regard for anyone time but their own and take no responsibility in anything. I guess they had no responsibility in the anti-trust lawsuit they settled without admitting responsibility because we should have not trusted them in the first place.

Reviewed May 7, 2023

CORRUPT THIEVES, LIMITED BENEFIT, LOTS OF HASSLE - I pay over $1000 a month and get very limited benefits for that large expense. I just had four positive skin cancer biopsies and FloridaBlue rejected the Doctor's ** Rx for treatment. CORRUPT THIEVES!!

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida Company Information