Find a Health Insurance partner

Help me decide

3.6/5 (235 ratings)
Find a Health Insurance partner

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

About Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

There is a fraud going on with company CareCentrix, subcontractor of Florida Blue. They use Phillips recall of CPAP machines to prevent eligible people from getting replacement after 5 years. I got CPAP made by Phillips in 2015 and when I requested the new one they turned me down because of the recall. CareCentrix is subcontractor that does the dirty job. In short, despite of the fact that I pay approximately 6000 dollars yearly as self employed person, Florida Blue and their partner, CareCentrix are not going to cover a new machine and I will have to buy it online for $750-1500. Stay away from these criminals!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

This company denies approval for needed medical testing. They only think about profit over health care. They hire a 3rd party vendor to review and deny claims. There should be a class action lawsuit against them.

Get buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Was slapped with a surprise bill despite using an In-Network Lab and despite taking every single precaution to avoid it. I might have well gone to a lab without insurance. The details: On April 6, 2021, my primary care Doctor requested a bloodwork. I did my due diligence of choosing an in-network lab from Florida Blue. On April 6, 2021 I spoke to a Florida Blue Agent to make sure I would choose an In-Network Lab in order to avoid a surprise bill. Furthermore, I read the “My Benefits” book from Florida Blue Health Insurance to make sure I wouldn’t get any exorbitant bill for this bloodwork.

Despite all those precautions, I ended up receiving a surprise bill from my In-Network Lab for the amount of $227.22 because the Assay of Homocystine is not covered by my Health Insurance. One has to be a genius and extremely knowledgeable in order not to be slapped by a surprise bill. As usual, lack of transparency in prices and In-Network options end up affecting us (customers).

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I'm on social security. My premium went up from year 2021 to 2022. 57 dollars a month to 165 dollars a month. Does this sound legit? How can anyone pay this and live from day to day. This Florida Blue is a RIP off.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

Everyone I have encountered while trying to check on a claim had no idea on anything. I have now called this company 4 times and EVERY time I have called I am on the phone on hold or being transferred no less than 4 hours. EVERY single time I have called I have been transferred multiple times, back and forth from departments and every time having to explain everything over and over again. Either the people they hire are incompetent or the training for these people are seriously lacking. If you have a choice of Insurance Companies, DO NOT choose this one. They are awful!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

This is the ghetto version of Florida Blue that they offer on the marketplace. Basically no Dr. takes this one because it is such a hassle for them. This is a scam that the gov and this company is in on to bilk the citizens for money. They don't treat you like a regular Florida Blue customer.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

This is the worst of all health care insurance. I was in a car accident in May 2021, it now October and still calling. This was a car accident in which I was transported by ambulance to the hospital in another state. This is COVERED and they have denied all $20,000 plus costs. I have called multiple multiple customer service agents each with a different response. “Oh, that should be paid”. Or no, we can’t pay that… Now in addition to physically being hurt, now it’s emotionally affecting me. In conclusion, they are now affecting my credit by not paying COVERED claims, these Dr's, emergency room and imaging are getting ready to send to creditors. My attorney has also tried multiple multiple times. Shame on Florida Blue Cross. Stay far away.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

These people take my money every month $830. In the year 2020 I had prior authorization for specific doctors and treatments. I paid my portion. I paid my bill every month on time. All of a sudden I start getting all these erroneous bills in the mail a year and a half later. A procedure that was done in the beginning of April 2020, they have now decided to take their money back that they had already paid for the claim that was already preapproved and I have the authorization numbers and claim numbers to prove it. They have done this to me numerous times with numerous doctors. I’ve never had anything like this happened to me in my entire life. I don’t know who to call or how to get this resolved.

Every month I call them with another bill that I’ve received after they’ve taken their money back, with blatant lies, like I didn’t pay my bill that month or, their last excuse was the practice asked the patient to update coordination of benefits with other insurance company? I have spent numerous hours on the phone talking to various agents, having my doctors resubmit the claim. My endocrinologist had three claims paid and then reverse the following year later. When they rebilled my Florida Blue options, they only paid one of them but not the other two. When I called back and asked why did they not pay all of them they couldn’t even give me a reason.

This company, there are no words. I’ve never experienced anything like this in my life. They should all go to prison. That what they are doing is outright fraud. I will never use Blue Cross Blue Shield again. If anybody’s reading this don’t do it, you’ll be sorry when they take their money back a year later and you start getting all these bills in the mail from every single doctor you saw the previous year saying you now owe them the full amount. It’s not funny!!! I’m just one person and I don’t know how to handle this anymore. It is so sad and pathetic.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Easy to understand and most doctor offices accept it unlike other insurances that only give you a discount. I am looking forward to getting an appointment for my cleaning and X-rays all included and at no charge.

Original review: July 6, 2021

I received an email on the 4th of July saying that my address has been changed. I had not requested any address change and so I am sure that the account was hacked. They obviously have inadequate security for your personal data.

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida Company Information