Blue Cross of Florida

Compare Health Insurance Companies

Research top Health Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My son, Ethan, was born at 34 weeks with an extremely rare syndrome called Treacher Collins. It's a craniofacial disorder where the bones in his face essentially stopped forming in utero. He has complex medical needs. He was born with no ears, no jaw joint, no cheekbones, choanal atresia (bone is blocking his nose holes), cleft palate and a severe recessed jaw. He was born without the ability to breathe at all and has a tracheostomy as well as a G-tube since he cannot eat or swallow. Florida Blue has denied my son to have pediatric nursing in our home as well as a medical crib so we can bathe him, perform his daily trach care and resuscitate him if need be. He came home for a few days before Christmas and was Bayflited back to the hospital on Christmas Day due to becoming unresponsive. He had trouble breathing and my husband and I had to bag him with oxygen over his crib rails while calling 911.

Florida Blue peer to peer review department interviewed with Ethan's neonatologist for an appeal and denied her, as well. They did not care that this crib could allow my husband and I to respond quicker and save his life faster as the side rails come down. Standard cribs sold in stores do not have rails that come down. Florida Blue has also denied his RSV prevention shot. They said it's not medically necessary for him. We are currently going through the appeal process for that, as well. I even had to send proof of making our insurance payments to the hospital billing department, as Florida Blue stated to them they do not have records of our payments.

This tedious stuff takes time away from my son and I shouldn't have to be proving payment when they clearly have a system for that. If I had another choice in my county to choose another provider for my son other than Florida Blue, I would. Every move we make with Ethan is vital and would like to not have to be burdened down with denials for things that are absolutely necessary for him to thrive.

You can read any review below and it should be fairly similar to this one. I signed up through the marketplace and followed all steps. Through an error on Florida Blue I paid for two plans. I have received 4 different answers ranging from "you'll have coverage in 24-48 hrs all the way to Feb 1st". WOW! 7 days later I still have no coverage therefore no medications. I've run out of one that's pretty serious. They don't care. It seems I'm not the only one to experience this and in the future will find a new company even if I have to pay more to avoid this company. It's a joke and is causing serious problems because they can't do their jobs!

I had the opportunity, unpleasant opportunity to speak with a handful of "Customer Service" Reps of this company. Customer Service is an oxymoron with this company. I heard a dozen times. "I understand" and "I apologize" for the error they made; but NOT ONE person who had the authority to fix it. The INCOMPETENCE was amazing. If it was not so frustrating, it would be funny and make a great SNL skit. Anyone who uses this company for their health insurance is crazy. After hours of speaking to these people, it is clear their employees, are unskilled, untrained or simply do not care. They acknowledge their problem and do not know how to fix it. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS. This was the WORST EXPERIENCE I have had with an insurance company in my life!!

I received an overpayment for Dental surgery for my daughter. I called them numerous times to get an understanding of why it was rejected and to try and set up payments with them. I waited for a return phone call I was promised and when I called back for a status, they already sent it to a collection agency. Why should I have to pay for their mistake?

We were asked to submit our backing details again in October as FB informed us that their bank had changed. My wife completed the form and sent a check for the payment along with a cancelled check. In December we were advised that a previously approved procedure had been denied. FB told us we never paid the premium, although funds were available. We also tried to pay by credit card which they would not accept. FB really has customer no-service. In December we enrolled in a lower cost plan for January as our plan premium increased by $300 per month. FB has cashed our check for the first month's premium but we do not have any access to the online plan details or insurance cards to show as proof of insurance. My insurance agent informed us that we are 1 of 10,000 individuals in the same situation. Seems like FB is really in a mess.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Cross of Florida?

Had Florida Blue in 2016 purchased through the Marketplace for $89 a month. Everything went smoothly. In October of 2016 I received a notice stating that I would have the same plan in 2017. They sent a new benefit package and new cards. When I completed my marketplace app for 2017 my plan was not listed. I called BC who advised that my plan (1490B) was no longer offered but the same plan listed as 1490 was available but now the premium was $404. While very unhappy for the 400% increase, I have to have coverage so I agreed. Go to a doctor's appointment on 1/3/2017 and was charged $50 co-pay, up from $3 in 2016.

Come home and look online at Florida Blue and see that the whole benefits package has been changed! Primary Physicians now have $50 co-pay, Specialty Physicians now have a $100 co-pay. The new plan also added a $5900 deductible for each of us (myself and my wife) as well as a $7000 out of pocket threshold (last year it was $4000). Could not afford the new premium and definitely cannot afford the new benefits.

My son and I have had repeated problems with billing since August. They switched billing systems and credited our health policy payments to our dental plans. I have just switched over to United and am trying to do the same for my son. Also, even though we are paid up, they accidentally cancelled his insurance as of January 1 and cannot fix the problem for at least 5 days. Meanwhile he has asthma and a cold and needs to see a doctor and they told me to pay it myself. I have been on the phone with them every week for about an hour trying to resolve this. Buyer beware.

Help. I don't know how to fight Florida Blue Billing. My husband aged into Medicare so we changed coverage to just me. We had insurance through the Marketplace. Paid the binder by credit card. The insurance was to go into effect Oct 1st, 2016. Kept getting letters to pay binder. By the middle of November still no new medical card, Florida Blue blaming Marketplace. Marketplace blaming Florida Blue. Had 2 agents trying to help me. Got billing letters with 3 different amounts and still no medical card until Nov 30, with my insurance retroactive to Oct 1. I couldn't go to the doctor retroactively. I paid 1 month in advance, and didn't get to use my insurance until Dec 1st, so I figured we were good. NO I'm being billed for the 2 months I had no coverage and threatened with cancellation. Many hours on the phone with customer service and cannot speak to a supervisor. Have start at the beginning with each call.

Sent 28 page complaint and documentation to fax number provided by customer service only to receive a letter back that they don't understand what my complaint is. I have since changed plans, made my binder payment, printed a temp card but the previous 2 months premiums are still on my account as past due. I don't know what to do. I can't pay for services I don't receive. I had No medical coverage for those 2 months & someone backdated everything to Oct 1. Where do I go from here. Any suggestions before I get cancelled?

I have a corporate plan and have been attempting to log onto the Blue Cross Blue Shield website to review claims for days. The website will not recognize the information printed on my card after multiple attempts. When calling there is the usual attempt to have you hang up by making you pass through multiple menus. When finally connecting I was told that I had a 40 minute wait. This company along with others in the medical insurance field seem to have policies in place to minimize their cost to serve their customers and maximize profits and CEO pay. More regulation is needed to ensure that they provide the minimum of service.

I tried using the online website. It had incorrect information and said I had no bill due and has said that for 30 days so I was unable to make an online payment. I have made multiple phone calls to customer service. Only one person of the 5 actually listened long enough to understand the website information, their mailings, and the amount stated for me to pay via the mailing was indeed NOT correct. The other 4 representatives merely gave rote answers and said not to worry I was covered. When I stressed that it was unfortunately an underpayment that I knew was incorrect Brittany was smart enough to know she better take a closer look.

She stated they had been told about incorrect mailing going out and it was nothing to worry about. She didn't seem to grasp the website issues reflecting I did not owe anything at all. She did not have the knowledge or capability to fix the errors and did not seem to have a pathway to get it straightened out. After putting me on hold for a while, she came up with 2 different amounts that I may possibly owe and asked which one I thought it was. I asked for someone who could look at all my information and the website with me - all in Florida Blue's best interest! If this is happening to me, I am sure other are experiencing similar errors. I wanted to get straightened out completely. Any well trained employee would have seen an opportunity to turn around a company mistake into a resolved issue.

She said we would start with a 3 way call with healthcare.gov. to clarify the plan and price. (She couldn't see what they were billing me for and initially told me she did NOT see I was covered.) We connected to healthcare.gov. She said hello to the healthcare.gov person. I relayed my information. The information on his end was perfectly clear and it backed up what I had told Brittany, Carly, Manuel, and one I forget the name from Florida Blue. He gave the correct amount, there were no issues at all - but she was gone! She had left the call without following through to fix their problem. He said any issues were clearly on the Florida Blue side and apologized for them, Florida Blue is wasting a lot of operational money as well as clients time on incompetent services.

I am paying out of pocket $616.00 a month for service worse than notoriously bad cable companies. I pray I don't get sick and actually have to use the insurance. I will say a prayer for those struggling through health issues and having to deal with Florida Blue's incompetence and lack of interest in serving their customers. So sad.

I have had a Florida Blue insurance policy through the Marketplace all year for my wife and me. We only pay $17 per month. All of a sudden the company stopped taking my automatic payments three months ago without telling us anything. In December, I tried going to my doctor because I was in a lot of pain, and my insurance got denied.

I called Florida Blue and they told me that my plan was in a grace period because of non-payment. When I told them to take my payment, they told me that they cannot accept my payment and would investigate why. They then told me their SYSTEM doesn't allow them to take credit cards. WHAT BULL! It's almost a whole month later and I'm still sick, and I can't see a doctor because this company purposefully has screwed my out of my benefits and has locked me out of my policy. They never canceled my policy, but won't take a measly 53 dollar payment in order to reinstate my policy. I'm definitely down for a class action lawsuit against this SCAM ARTIST of a company!!!

I have contacted Florida Blue more than 20 times by phone, chat, email, or registered mail over the past 4 months requesting a timely monthly billing statement. I learned today for the first time on my own after reading relevant parts of my new 2017 144-page policy that premiums are due by the due date whether or not a billing statement is received. I also receive a grace period of up to one month following the due date. I have been very fortunate to be able to afford my premiums and also not meet my deductible having no serious medical problems.

I was moved to write this review after reading about other Florida Blue customers not as fortunate. Healthcare is just that caring about patients or customers. No doubt these are difficult times in the industry but as a customer frankly I feel Florida Blue does not care about me. I especially sympathize with those who are sick because I can't imagine having to deal with such poor customer service and a serious illness at the same time. I know Florida Blue is aware and I suspect if things do not improve in 2017 there will be a significant call to action by consumers.

I tried to pay my premium on multiple occasions online and was not able to successfully log in. I called and they said their system was having problems this week. So I asked to pay by phone, which they were glad to do. I authorized a payment of $735. I checked my bank account the next day and they took more than $1,500! They just decided on their own to take next month's premium too, even though the agent SAID out LOUD I am going to debit your account for $735. I called and they said they would refund it. I should check back to see if the money is there in about a WEEK, and then call back if it isn't. They took my money in 24 hours but can't give it back for more than a week, the week of Christmas!!! Furious. This seems completely intentional. Trying to fluff numbers before year-end perhaps, at the expense of consumers who already pay a king's ransom for crappy coverage. Booo Blue Cross. You stink. Merry Christmas.

To get questions answered in the Wellness, Preventative Med category - which is the future in medicine, by the way - I want to know what I can utilize this great company's insurance for in my life. My husband and I are both 62, and want to stay well–I am looking for answers with the company - no response from online so I call the 888 #. No one answers. What is up? I love what they have done in the past, but I have more questions? Mediterranean diet and exercise for the basis in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Health clubs, vitamins and supplements. How does BCBS FED stand in these issues?

Multiple scams which reviews show are probably purposeful ploys on the part of this monstrous company. I wonder how many Florida Blue members would be interested in a class action suit. I too experienced the scam of their APO payment system flaw and cancellation of insurance without notice and then delay in reinstatement after taking full payment and being told it was active but was not reactivated. Paying for something and not receiving that service or goods is a fraud. The only way we consumers can get action is to stand together and fight these ripoff companies.

I purchased a health insurance policy from Florida Blue Nov 2016, which I paid $913.49. On December 1, 2016 I cancelled the health insurance and requested the binder money returned to my credit card. I was told I would receive the money within 7-10 days. I have spent numerous times on the phone and in the office, and was finally told that a Blue Cross "contractor" cancelled my policy, but did not issue a refund. Again, I was told that on Friday December 9 that the refund was again approved, but as of today I have not received the refund. There were several excuses offered the contractor, their billing system, but they were quick to take my money.

This is the worst experience with any company I've ever experienced. I set up automatic pay for a dental plan & my premium was deducted for a couple months then got a late notice. When I called was told they were updating computers & must have been deleted. This happened twice. Then decided to pay monthly on line. But then I couldn't get back on line.

Called again, which is a whole other story, my profile was gone. Had to start over. Calling is an absolute nightmare. My husband sent in an authorization 3 times for me to be able to call on his behalf, yet no one could locate the form. I finally got a letter saying they approved the authorization yet when I called was told that was only for claims. Since I was trying to speak to someone in tech support, I would have to send one for them. You've got to be kidding! Then the communication problem with customer service is another dilemma. English is very very poor & could not answer any of my questions. We plan to cancel the policy if we can figure out how. I can only imagine how it would be dealing with them on a claim. I absolutely would not recommend them for insurance.

Today is the 2nd time Florida Blue goes into my bank account and retrieve money without my authorization! On December 2, they took $2,221.59 when my plan payments is $38.00 monthly. I called Florida Blue and they said it was a mistake and they returned the money into my account but ALL my checks bounced. Today, December 7, Florida Blue went back into my bank account AGAIN and retrieve the same amount $2,221.59. I know it's going to be resolve but why do I need to go thru this again? Florida Blue is going to provoke on me an heart attack!!! DO NOT TRUST FLORIDA BLUE. DON’T GIVE THEM YOUR BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION!!! I am going to file a formal report against this company. The sad thing is that my doctor does not find me and I have to pay out of my pocket! I am attaching pics from my bank account.

I have never come across such an incompetent insurance company. My boyfriend and I signed up for health and dental in Florida on February, 2016. After paying the monthly premiums via automatic payment online from our checking account and going to numerous doctors in September, I get a letter from my doctor today, December 6, 2016, stating that Florida Blue was requesting a refund of payment made to my doctor because at the time I went, I was an inactive client and that my doctor was going to send me to collections unless I made payment arrangements with them. I had no idea what they were talking about so I went on my Florida Blue account and it was inactive.

After spending 2 hours on the phone trying to reach someone, I almost flipped out. Apparently, Florida Blue had a software/system update which required all online customers to reinput their information for automatic bill pay. We did not receive one letter regarding this and we have not received one letter regarding cancellation of our policy due to nonpayment. When I went to check the claims history online, Florida Blue did not pay a single medical claim and now we are being chased for the full amount on medical bills. I checked the alleged letters sent to us via pdf online and Florida Blue sent these notices to our old address, even though they were able to send other letters to our current address!

So even though we went to doctor visits from September-December and the doctor's office verified our insurance with them for every single procedure, Florida Blue is now trying to claim we have no coverage because they decided to just stop our automatic bill pay. When I told them I'd pay the full amount of all the months missed right now, they stated they had to place a "reinstatement request". When I asked whether or not all those visits which we believed were covered would be covered after paying the $2,618 to reinstate, Florida Blue said there was no guarantee and that I had to wait 10 business days for the reinstatement request to go through. Are you kidding me?!

I have been dealing with Florida Blue and their incompetence since I had surgery in June. They have misplaced premium payments for July and August. With that same problem they were telling me that since I had received my insurance through the Affordable Care Act, that my tax credit had been cancelled and it was no longer active. I spoke with a representative at the Marketplace and I was told that my tax credit was still active and the information Florida Blue had given me was incorrect. Florida Blue has horrible customer service. Every time you call them the representative always says that the system that they use has not been updated with the system that actually processes the payment of your premiums.

In June I had surgery for my Epilepsy and since then it has been downhill with getting anything accomplished with them. When last I understood from a customer service representative, the payment issue had been fixed and my account was current. Well obviously that is not correct, I just had to pay the full price for my prescriptions that are supposed to be covered by Florida Blue.

At this rate I am starting to think Florida Blue is giving me trouble with my insurance because of my race and the simple fact that I received my insurance through the Affordable Care Act. I have been with Blue Cross Blue Shield since living in Maryland from 2011, when I was diagnosed with Epilepsy, upon moving to Florida three years ago, Blue Cross Blue Shield has been horrible.

I went online to see their rates for health insurance. In the meanwhile I already have health insurance. I was just doing a comparison. They have not stop calling me. They call me all hours. I told him I already have insurance and I'm very happy with my health insurance and they're still calling me. It is Sunday at 10 o'clock in the morning. They called me seven, eight o'clock at night. They call me all hours. They will not stop.

I moved from California to Florida, and as most health care providers have pulled out of this and other states due to their manipulation of the Affordable Care Act, I was stuck with Florida Blue. We all know how legendary Blue is at terrible customer service, but Florida Blue took it to a new level. As a consumer you only have one option. To talk to the customer service center in the Dominican Republic. My experience has nothing to do with prejudice, or "keep the jobs in america". I am socially liberal and if the call center was competent I wouldn't have a problem with it. The problem is that Florida Blue, along with the other "Each state has it's own independent Blue - to again manipulate the system" has a brutally incompetent customer service model which is, again, based on how they make money, and how bad they are for patients and the U.S. healthcare system.

First, call HealthCare.gov to see how excellent and professional customer service is, then call Florida Blue and speak to a Dominican who is usually impossible to understand. Gets most of the information wrong. Can't be trusted with ANY numbers (they put them in wrong), and the supervisors are still in the same location and even the supervisors are hard, if not impossible to understand. Florida Blue makes it's money the way the rest of the insurance companies, make their money - by denying services. Their call center is no exception, they found "almost" English speakers and coupled that to an I.T. model which serves their basic charter "Find a way to deny service".

I moved here from CA which qualifies as a "life event". Even though I moved here on Oct 20th, Healthcare.gov started my plan from 12/1/16, not 11/1/16. When I called them to fix it to 11/1/16 as Covered CA was canceled, they understood that my wife and I could not be without health coverage as well as my heart pills. They contacted Florida Blue on 10/21 and on 10/22 Florida Blue gave them a "YES" on starting my health care on 11/1/16. They even sent me a letter saying "Please pay your first month's premium and your health care will start on 11/1." This letter came on 11/1... again no problem! Problem is that when Florida Blue screws up (many times intentionally, as again their model for making money is to deny coverage), your only option is talking to the terrible customer service in the Dominican Republic.

I tried to pay on the phone, and was transferred to the call center. They had no record of me. They couldn't tell me why they couldn't find me, but always the same (try it yourself), "Can I place you on hold for 3-5 minutes." This goes on every couple of minutes while you are on the phone. This is standard practice because I have had to call Florida blue no fewer than 14 times since 11/1. Eventually they find me in the system (always takes at least 15 minutes with most of the time being on hold, to then find out that they show my health care starting on 12/1. And they won't take a payment for it. After another 1/2-1 hour, after sometimes I get a supervisor, they claim that it takes up to 30 days for anything to process in their computer system and they can't help me until the system updates itself.

So here I am with no healthcare coverage. When I call the marketplace, or call them and they connect me on a three way call same deal. Blue says, "Call the marketplace", the marketplace says they have the paperwork from Blue showing my healthcare starts on 11/1, but Blue (EVEN WITH THE LETTER FROM THEM AND THE ** SHOWING THEIR DECISION TO GIVE ME HEALTH CARE ON 11/1) says "Sorry we can't help you, our systems don't update from that department, you have to wait... Oh yeah, pay out of pocket and we will reimburse you..." (but would you be comfortable knowing how Blue is as a company? Or have 350$ x 2 for just 2 of my medications?). Anyway it is now 11/25. Still Blue will not fix this. It has been "Escalated 5 times" We have been on three way calls with healthcare.gov. I'm stuck in this loop with possibly the worst company in existence.

So if anyone from Florida Blue reads this: We need a single payer system. We need to put the Health Insurance companies out of business. They take 1 of every 4 dollars from the health care system, return huge profits to their shareholders (the 1%) and on a daily basis find every way possible to deny health care which, again, is the sole purpose for their being. I'm about to call again, it's been almost 4 weeks and this terrible, awful company will use up another precious hour of my time in my quest for decency and fairness. Shame on you Florida Blue, you truly are a danger to decent health care and a poster child for evil and terrible corporate greed.

My policy was cancelled without notice telling me my insurance terminated on Dec 31 2015. This I found out when I went for my eye appointment on Nov 14 2016. I was at the same Dr Office in October 2016 several times and Fl Blue paid the EOBs each time, including my Internist appointments. Here we are November 16 2016, frustrated. I've paid each monthly payment. Received notice that my dental has a credit over $1,000. I've called plenty of times and CS, CS Supervisor (she hung up on me after I waited over 1 hr on phone), and CS Recovery refuses to credit my health, advising they would have to issue a refund. I was told by Customer Service and Supervisor that they need to re-key all data, due to a computer problems when changing systems, before going any further in reinstating my policy. Therefore, due to their error I'm without health insurance and my dental has a credit of over $1,000.

How convenient it is that the insurance company would lose my claim (with my original receipts) for reimbursement in the mail. Now I am supposed to fax in my information in with zero confidence that they will A) receive it; B) be able to confirm receipt and C) actually process the claim. They have no incentive to reimburse their customers. Instead they'd rather make it as difficult as possible for us to navigate their claims system than pay for what they are supposed to cover. This is so frustrating. I had to stop seeing this provider because he wouldn't submit the claims himself and I can't keep paying out of pocket without getting reimbursed from BCBS Florida.

For 2 years I have been trying to get reimbursed for eyeglasses and today after speaking to dozens of representatives I was able to resolve the issue. 2 pieces of information were missing: NPI and provider ID. Miss Joedie ** contacted her supervisor and together they were able to locate to find the problem, input the missing information and resolve the problem. According to the representative (# ref **) the check will be in the mail shortly. I am asking myself at this point of the experience with this insurance company: Who is in charge and hires hundreds of people who cannot figure out a simply problem. Who then does not train them and addresses such issues. How is this company even in existence if 2 simple pieces of information hinder a resolution for 2 years. How does the government allow such business to exist and conduct health related issues?

I have been trying to obtain my reimbursement for several claims that are outside this horrible FLORIDA BLUE - not only do they say they can't find it, they say they don't have a fax when I call back, and they gave me the fax number. They can't find the claim(s) and then all of sudden "OH" it was in /on another screen. I fax put the reference number and then they still can not find my completed medical claim forms. They all of sudden started asking for more detail, which I am happy to provide such as codes, and diagnosis codes etc.

I receive letters in the mail, not a call but letters over 6 months in trying to obtain $$ my payment outside of network and still no results. OR I am played on hold for an hour only to be disconnected. THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST INSURANCE carriers I have ever had. They sure want our premiums, our co-pays on the spot, but try to get money which is owed back the insurance holder - and I am still trying for almost a year! DON'T USE FLORIDA BLUE.

Exc Step Mother in Law policy still being billed after two years. I know she doesn't pay it, but they won't cancel the policy and stop sending us bills for her account because they can still collect the $250 per month from the government that covers part of her policy. This should be illegal. I'd report them for it if I knew where. She's a drug addict and she didn't even give us a forwarding address. I've told Florida Blue countless times. I still get the bill. Every month, I throw it in the trash and they collect $250 from the government. ANNOYING.

I have had Florida Blue insurance for a few years now, not through the Marketplace self-pay. My payments are sent automatically directly from the bank. In July my payment was returned without any notice. I have contacted them numerous times to only be told that a supervisor will need to help, they will call me back, and the company updated their billing system. The information was sent on to the department that can give the approval to reinstate my insurance. Today is October 20, 2016 and I am still waiting on a response from them. The payment was not late and never received any notification from that the policy was being canceled. At this point my only recourse is to get a plan with another company but that means I have to start over again, be certain that my current providers fall within the plans, and probably an increase in already high priced insurance costs.

I have been a customer for three almost four years and have paid with auto pay since the policy was created for dental insurance. Recently the auto pay process stopped working and changes were made to the auto pay system back in August/2016. I received a letter in August stating my insurance premium dropped in price by two dollars (I thought this was nice) and that their system was in the process of changing. It informed me that I had to sign into my account to update or redo my auto pay status. I setup the auto pay online and ended up processing a payment for the new monthly premium for Sept/2016. This is where the problems start.

1st Problem: A payment was never processed in July but the one in August was completed (now I am confused). After numerous calls to customer service I was finally told no July/2016 payment was ever received. I verified this while on the call with customer service by signing into my bank account online. No debit to my bank account for July. I processed this payment in the beginning of Sept online with the customer service rep still on the phone. Payment accepted.

2nd Problem: In Sept/2016 I receive my email statement and it shows my account is delinquent and the monthly premium is now $29.00 higher than my recent letter. Again back to customer service and was told the payment date and email notifications must have been crossed and she had no idea why the premium amount has changed. She also stated it was not a late fee. The account was sent to a manager for review to correct. I stated to the rep that I have only authorized a payment of what their letter has stated as my new premium and when I set it up it was correct in their system online.

Oct 13, 2016, premium due date is coming up on the 15th and I received an email for the pending auto pay for an amount of $29.00 greater than the agreed amount for the premium. I called again and spoke to Henrietta and told it would go to a manager for review before it could process. Meaning a correction to be made on the amount to be withdrawn. Today I received my email notice that the amount of the premium plus the additional $29.00 is pending. I never agreed to this amount and am on record multiple times to this statement.

I have not mentioned all the calls back and forth with customer service and no responses with management. Maybe I was lied to by customer service or maybe the management doesn't care. Whatever the reason, the surveys they ask you to take should not be taken until the reason for your calls are either satisfied or in a completed status for the policy holders. I can tell you that they talk like they care but actions speak louder than words. I have now cancelled auto pay and called bank to inform them not to process the pending withdrawal. So much time wasted to try to correct the problem, it just seems easier to cancel the policy and move on.

So today I get my yearly rate increase, $300 more. I do not have a medical condition nor go to doctors that much, but still I get an increase and with less benefits. Yes less benefits except they did add, that if I decide to have a sex change that will be FREE, but if I get hit from an uninsured motorist I am on my own. Amazing work Florida Blue.

Blue Cross of Florida Company Profile