Blue Cross of Florida

Compare Health Insurance Companies

Research top Health Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Go online to this website and file a complaint with the state. It's not guaranteed, but it's one more step you can take. ** I decided to do this after never getting my overbilling issues taken care of by repeated calls to BCBS. So far, BCBS has not terminated me for nonpayment of bogus billing, but I can see it coming, based on what I have read here on this website. The phone agents say my account looks fine - I am paid up, and acknowledge the online billing is totally whack, and they assure me I won't be terminated for the bogus billing, but guess what, I don't feel reassured!!! I am getting the jump on this before they do. I have already received a one month overdue notice on bogus billing. I guess I have a couple more to go before they will terminate me for nonpayment of bogus bills. Wish me luck.

I had contacted the Marketplace where they cancelled my insurance with BCBS for a April 1st effective date. After speaking with Florida BCBS, they disrespected, harassed and refused to cancel this policy stating Marketplace did not send them the application. After getting Marketplace and a BCBS rep on the phone, we had him read he notes and in the notes on March 14, 2017 it specifically stated cancel policy as of April 1st. Marketplace stated numerous time they submitted the escalated request but they continued to state they never received the notice.

I had spoke with a supervisor named Jason at BCBS who was so rude he was talking over me and stated I owe him an apology. Then continued to be extremely rude to me. I had spoke with a Kevin ** today from BCBS who finally assisted me to get this issue resolved. Being a cancer patient, I truly did not need this added stress nor hassle from BCBS especially since I had insurance from my employer, which I was pay monthly payments on.

I've been told by healthcare providers that BlueCare is a nightmare. I'm wondering if the money I pay to Blue Cross is doing anything but upsetting the doctors. Also, I seem to be paying more in general for BlueCare as compared to straight Medicare. I would like someone to let me know. I was given a form from a doctor that had a list of medications on it that I was to research and find out what was covered. I didn't know the names of most of the drugs let alone the various dosages which are prescribed. I had a real struggle trying to get copay amounts from the Bluecare rep. She wanted the dosage to drugs that I had zero idea of what would be a normal dose. I had to struggle with the lady on the line to get her to give me examples of doses. Any response would be appreciated.

Florida Blue has not sent me an invoice for the correct amount since January 2017 despite numerous phone calls, being on hold forever, transferred to different departments where nobody could solve the problem, and 2 visits in person to a local office to have this matter resolved. To top it off, they just debited my bank account $35,000 by charging me 80, yes eighty, times for my May premium!!! I will never do business with this company in the future.

Once I had to actually start using my insurance, I have had nothing but problems. I had my daughter last year. I called to add her to my policy the day she was born. I should have waited. Part of the blame goes to the Marketplace, but most of the problems I have had I believe are firmly the fault of FL Blue. According to my Marketplace account she was officially on the policy, but FL Blue did not have any record of her. They don't tell you that in order to add a dependent they will be cancelling your policy and starting a new one. I tried to use my insurance for follow-up care after the delivery and kept getting it rejected. She had to be admitted to the NICU and then transferred to the NICU at the children's hospital about an hour away.

The Marketplace sent FL Blue the info about adding my daughter multiple times, but when I would call FL Blue they could never find it. The issue had to be "escalated" at least 3 times and my policy was cancelled and restarted twice. I cannot tell you how stressful this was to deal with while I had my newborn in the NICU and then needing extra services once she was released from the hospital. It took 3 months to get that straightened out and her officially added to my policy.

I selected my new plan and made my initial payment in Dec. The payment was credited to my old policy. I have been calling since Jan to try to get it straightened out. I keep receiving calls and letters stating that my policy is delinquent. I have called about 8 times trying to get it fixed. Sometimes I had to give up before talking to a person. It is not at all unusual for hold times for a representative to be more than an hour. If it was more than two hours I would hang up and try again later. It wasn't until about the 5th call that I was given a call reference number. I think this is supposed to be standard procedure, but it rarely happens. I got a representative last month who I actually believed would help me. She seemed much more motivated to get the problem straightened out than anyone I had talked to previously.

She promised to work on it and call me back by the next Fri. I was very disappointed when I did not receive a call and was still getting delinquent notices. When I have called the past 2 times they say the issue is resolved, but I am still getting delinquent calls and letters and it does not show fixed on my online payment history. The call center reps will not tell you where they are located and will only give you a first name. Most of them are very difficult to understand and it is obvious that English is not their first language. There is no way to get the same person that you have talked to before and there is no accountability for them to follow through with what they say they will do. You ask for the Billing department, but they cannot actually help you with your billing issue. All they can do is "send a message" to whoever.

I received the bill from the children's hospital last week. It is insanely high. How they can be non-participating in one of the only insurance company choices network is unconscionable, but that is another issue. I called FL Blue to find out why this bill was much much more than my out of pocket maximum (even for out of network). The first rep I talked to was completely unhelpful. I asked to speak to a supervisor. After a very long hold time (I was offered a call back, but declined, I just don't believe they will actually call me). I got someone whose name I could not understand, but he claimed to be a supervisor. I asked him why my out of pocket maximum was not applied to this bill. His reply was that the hospital was nonparticipating. I said I understand that they are not in my network, they are out of network, but the out of network out of pocket maximum should apply.

He said he did not understand. How are you a supervisor of customer service of an insurance company and don't know the difference between in-network and out of network! I asked if he could get someone for me who did understand my question. He said someone would call me. I called again on Fri, but the hold times were between 2 and 4 hours so I hung up. No call back yet. I will keep trying.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Cross of Florida?

I am astounded by the amount of complaints against Florida Blue health insurance and so relieved I am not the only one dealing with it. What they are doing is illegal by accepting premium payments they agreed to and not insuring people with any coverage and making people look like criminals by not paying the doctors who perform their service. I have been dealing with a lot of the same issues that other people are having - premium amount is not the same as what I signed up for. Cancelling my plan because I did not pay my premium which I did. Cancelling my 5 year old daughter off because she MIGHT be eligible for KID Care which she is not nor did I sign her up for it. Denied claims for not being covered when told you were. Being registered under 2 plans when I did not sign up for 2 plans.

Spending countless hours talking to people overseas who have no clue what they are doing or saying. Told my coverage started on a certain date but being held hostage to a premium payment I was told not to pay because I was not covered for that month. Yet no one will get the issues resolved, only issue an escalation report. It is unbelievable that a company like this is so unorganized and someone needs to be held responsible.

Blue Cross has had my account screwed up since August/September of 2016. My husband was placed on Medicare and we were informed to cancel insurance and for me to re-apply for myself. Unfortunately it was incorrect information and it sent the ball rolling in the wrong direction. I have since tried to remedy this with Blue Cross and it hasn't worked! I have approximately 10 confirmation numbers and have probably spent over 40 hours on the phone with these people trying to get my insurance sorted out. They have me down as having 3 different policies, I paid my money over the phone for January and February of 2017 yet they have denied payment to Drs. Now the Drs are billing me and Blue Cross won't stop billing me. It's a different story every time you talk to someone.

I was so stressed over this I cancelled through marketplace and also called Blue Cross to cover my bases February 28th 2017 and lo and behold they keep billing me. They have me down as owing them over $2600. We need to see if we can do a class action lawsuit against this company especially after reading all the complaints against them!

Member services is a JOKE!!! Spent an hour and a half, most of it on hold while they look for information. They are ALL Spanish speaking with poor English skills. They are unable to access the claims in question and keep telling ME to contact my last employer for the information. I gave them all of the information needed, member number, claim number, I was able to pull it up on my computer but they say they don't have access. How can they help with questions about claims to which they are not given access??? WTH??? Such BS!!!

This company, which has a damn monopoly on the horrible mess that is Obamacare, is miserable. I set up autodraft which worked in Jan. It did not work in Feb due to their incompetence. They canceled my account. I had to reactivate it. I was hung up on several time from their foreign answering service. They said, "I see. You have autodraft set up, however, it did not work"??? What the hell does that mean? Now they took 3 months payment at once, last week. I get a call today saying I owe money? When I told them they took my money, they hung up on me again. I want to strangle someone. Rude P.O.S. This company sucks. If I could give 0 stars I would. How is it a marketplace when you only have one choice?

Prescription coverage - I see I'm not the only one to have problems with Florida Blue and Prime Therapeutics. I'll be short and to the point. They are giving me the runaround with nothing getting done. They never get the info that me or the doctor sends even though we can prove we sent it with a code or receipt. Short of going to the media and filing a complaint. I guess that's all I can do. What a joke they are. I have rights.

I noticed while reconciling my accounts in early December 2016 that there had not been a dental premium charge for the months of September and October 2016. I have auto payment set up for this plan. In November 2016 the charges began applying again however they were for the amt $65.37 (previously the premium had been $73.26). So I called on 12-8-16 to find out what was going on and the guy told me that my account had been cancelled in Sept. He said something about a new computer systems and that they sent out letters. I told him I didn't receive any letters. He replied that the mailing was imperfect and I was not the first person that had this problem and that he would reinstate my plan.

Ok. BUT - I told him I had been charged in Nov and Dec for $65.37. He said he had no record of that and that I would have to fax over documentation to prove it. Fast forward to end of call and he gave me a ticket #. He said to call back in 5 days to make sure that the account was reinstated. I never did. I was so frustrated I couldn't deal with it at the time. Next time I'm reconciling I see that now my premium (charged on 1-2-17) is $96.11. Rather than calling FL Blue I called my dental office to see if they could see my plan from their side. They told me that my member number is inactive. At this point I have the following questions: Confirm that I have coverage and that the plan is the same as I had, understand why they charged me in Nov and Dec when my plan was cancelled. Why can't they see the charges in Nov and Dec? Why my premium has gone up? Why my account still shows inactive?

1-24-17 - called FL Blue again and spoke to Katie in Billing. She tried to get me on the phone with a supervisor but ended up putting in a request to have one call me back. She said that the guy who reinstated my policy put an end date of Dec 31, 2016 so the policy is now cancelled again. I told her that I was charged in Jan for the 96 dollars. She said she can't see it. The charge comes through as an ACH. I asked if the charge was going through on the old system and she said only a supervisor would be able to see.

1-31-17 - held for 1 1/2 hours. Spoke to Supervisor Britney **. Britney is putting request in to have policy cancelled as of Aug 31, 2016. Emailed proof of charges to cxc@bcbsfl.com. Meanwhile I contacted my bank to ask them to block the charges. 2/6/17 - Called FL Blue back and Spoke to Latoya who had left me a msg from last Thursday. She was just a random supervisor from previous request. She looked at the ticket and reached out to Britney to see if she had received the documents. Britney had not so I forwarded the email to Latoya. She told me she is sending the documents to the Finance Dept. and said she will get back in touch with me in 48-72 hours (or that's how long it takes the finance dept to turn this around.)

2-13-17 - called Latoya to follow up. Could not get through so sent email follow up. 2-13-17 - Latoya called back and said that Finance is still working on locating the charges. I gave her the last 4 numbers of the checking account to help the research. 2-20-17 - Sent an email follow up to Latoya. 2-27-17 - Sent an email follow up to Latoya. 3-6-17 - spoke to Latoya and she said they were about to locate the payments and correct the error. They will be crediting me $$. I should receive the payment via check by the 15th. Latoya will call on the 16th to ensure receipt. 3/28/17 - email regarding Ticket # and that I have not received payment. This is where I'm at now. RUN AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY WHILE YOU STILL HAVE YOUR SANITY.

Paid my premium for January then they cancelled my coverage without telling me. When I called no one could tell me what was going on. Talked to 20 reps and 2 supervisors. Some said they would send it to the appropriate department to get fixed. This went on for 3 months, no coverage, no reason, no one seemed to know or care what's was going on. Spoke with the marketplace 5 times which they send notices to Florida Blue for results. Then last week I received membership cards and they said I was effective January 1st and they wanted money for Feb and March after they told me I wasn't covered. This is so stressful and will effect my taxes unfairly. This is not over.

MY reason for this review is that I have been suffering the terrible business of Fl Combined Life. I had FL Blue both for medical and dental last year and had almost no problems. They covered my expenses. The only real problem I had is that they did not want to pre-approve the chiro, they wanted me to go first and then see if I was approved and I simply cannot afford that on the beans I make. I never used the dental plan but paid all year.

Dec. 2016 rolls around and I figure it's time to update my plan as allowed by law and the open enrollment time period. I switched my plan to a similar plan. From 1603B to 1604C. I had received a letter from Fl. Blue indicating that I could keep my same plan by doing nothing and just continue to pay my premiums, but that the premiums would be going up for that plan. My dental would be the same payment. Ok. So I go into the HCMKTPLC and switch my coverage to a similar plan w/ Fl Blue, but a lower premium and a few differences in policy. I do my research before switching. I had originally decided to switch dental companies.

Jan 2017 rolls around and I want to make a payment. They had not switched my plan. I talked to a representative who simply said that he saw no change in plans and that there was nothing he could do, I needed to call the Marketplace. That night I talked to 2 different reps because they first hung up on me. Anyhow, I went into the Marketplace and canceled my plan and started all over again, as I have the right to do before Jan 31st as it is still open enrollment. I signed up again for the new plan and just opted to keep the dental with them after all. Ok, I do all that and call them back up. I have to speak to several reps just to get them to admit they see the plan change. There is so much here. I am not going to go into complete detail, trust me when I say I have a thick folder of documents and documentation.

Finally after 2 months of dealing with them and the marketplace they correct my plan, subsidy amount, and premium payment. I pay my premiums all the way current for both med and dent. March 2017. I emergency go to dentist March 6th and say, "Go ahead and do a complete oral exam and work up a plan to get my teeth taken care of." The dentist submits my emergency claim, and also the pre-authorization claims for my dental work up to be taken care over the year.

I scheduled my covered cleaning that I get each 6 months and have that done on the 14th. I ask the dental office if they have heard anything from my insurance and they say no. I receive a dental claim from FL blue covering my emergency visit. I think everything is fine. March 23rd, 2017 I receive a denial letter from FL Blue stating that the reason for denial is that I canceled my plan before date of coverage. WHAT! I call the Marketplace as FL blue closes by 5 pm. I describe to them my dilemma and they assure me that I show active back to Jan. I have to wait until the 26th which was earlier this week and call them up to see why they canceled my plan without notice, and asked them why they sent my a refund check for the amount of my health care dated the 14th. They tell me that the Marketplace sent them notice to cancel my plan as if it never existed.

I called them out on it. I said why would I pay my premium? After much deliberation a supervisor is kind enough to help me resolve my issue. We call the Marketplace together. At this point Fl Blue is reinstating my dental insurance back to Jan of 2017, and is mandated to cover my claims from Jan until current. I have had to do a lot of phone calls. One thing I want to mention is that it is not the reps fault. Though not all reps are good to deal with. I got lucky with mine, and the Marketplace has been a gem in aiding me with my coverage and my rights.

As of today I am waiting for my coverage to be reinstated, I have to repay all of my dental premiums they shouldn't have refunded which 3 months worth ended up being the same price as one month of medical, so that cleared up the confusion there. I still have more phone calls to make and still have to make sure that they cover my claims, The dates they have for canceling and termination and rejection are all screwing and smell of fishy backdating, but again I have a thick folder of documentation as I was already having issues with them since the beginning of the year. I'm not sure what the outcome will be and I have mixed feelings about the customer service.

All in all I have been assured by the Marketplace the fl blue will be held accountable for their misdeeds with my insurance and my covered claims. I hope that you all out there having similar problems will find resolution. Date and time your calls, log names and reference numbers. Write summaries of your dealings with both FL blue and Marketplace, and don't give up, take them to arbitration and be aware that you have rights as long as you are paying your premiums. Nonpayment is another issue and is not compliant in both the eyes of FL blue and the Marketplace. I will try to update my review at the end of my issue. I am not looking for ConsumerAffairs to meddle in my dealings as I am taking care of it just fine on my own, I simply wanted to relate my experience.

Florida Blue used to be a good company now it sucks. Phone calls to them go out of the US and those people just don't care. I tried asking for someone that could help me in the US but they just sent me back to the call center. On top of that I pay double what I was paying.

I changed my plan through the marketplace in Dec 2016. Florida Blue as of the 3rd week of January had the old plan with much higher copays. I was told by a Florida Blue rep that the plan would be changed effective 02/01/2017 and since I didn't use the insurance in January because of Florida Blue mistake... I would not have to pay the January premium. My paperwork still shows that the new plan is effective 02/01/2017 but Florida Blue has now backdated the plan to January 1 and wants me to pay the premium. The reps from Florida Blue admit their mistake but say I have to pay for insurance I did not use. I canceled all healthcare appts in month of January because of what I was told.

Jan 3rd, my insurance premium was taken out of my account twice, I discovered the matter immediately and called to follow up. The issue being they claimed, when Market Place sent the info over to them they sent the wrong info so there was a problem with setting up the account... Which also initially caused issues with coverage the beginning week of Jan. After talking to 4 people in January I was able to get the coverage issues straightened out. However, I have been unable to get my refund. As of today's date I am sitting on hold with Florida Blue still trying to get my refund for the duplicate premium that they withdrew from my account in January. Mind you the premium is the amount of a house payment, so if it is withdrawn twice that is an issue.

I have talked with seven people, received 4 confirmation numbers advising that the duplicate premium is being refunded, two people have advised that the refund was sent to the wrong place and sorry for the delay. Well here I am this morning I have been on the phone with FL Blue, and no refund processed... Of course a supervisor is not willing to take the call from an upset member, they refuse to give out direct lines and there is absolutely no accountability with this company.

After over an hour on the phone reciting names of people I have talked to and reference numbers, as well as referring to the fact that many of the online reviews seem to say the same thing in terms of how Fl Blue has taken money from members and then refused to refund... The CSR that I talked to claims her supervisor will send me an email stating they will take the duplicate payment and apply to my April premium and then resume automatic withdrawal again in May. They also assure me this should not cause any issues with my coverage... Again after reading the reviews I have concerns as to whether this will work out and that is why I did request email documentation. As of yet I have not received any emails from Fl Blue. My hope is that I do and I can put this matter to rest, however after three months of dealing with this vacuum of customer service and billing I do not think the matter will be resolved.

This is the fault of the leadership of this company. The leadership sits in a sheltered spot, not facing and/or trying to resolve the issues of the company. Members are a faceless group (to the leadership and call center) and there is no compassion or empathy for how the callousness, lack of responsiveness and accountability impacts daily lives and there are real consequences to people resulting from this companies carelessness, lack of professionalism, and complete lack of concern. The bottom line there is no excuse for the issues I have been going through...or any of the others out there.

Initially, experience was good. Then, at some point, billing or management arrangements within Florida Blue changed. Quarterly invoices for my individual dental plan would arrive after the due date. So, I would call and pay the premium over the phone. The January 2017 quarterly invoice never came (& I never noticed that I did not get it). Today, March 23, 2017, I received the invoice for the quarterly premium due on April 1, 2017, with the amount due as $0.

Puzzled, as I did not expect a gift from Florida Blue, I phoned to ask them to send a corrected invoice. After much time on hold, the representative told me my policy was canceled for failure to pay the January 2017 premium, the invoice for which I never received. Nor did I receive a prior notice of cancellation for nonpayment of premium as required by Florida law - Section 627.6043, Fla. Stats.

Figuring that Florida Blue would admit their mistake and simply reinstate the policy (with payment, of course), I stayed on the line for an hour or so while I was sent to this department and then that department, finally getting someone in the billing department for the dental policies. She seemed clueless. Her response to the failure of Florida Blue to invoice me for the January quarterly premium was that I was just supposed to pay it anyway (which, of course, I thought I had). Requests to be transferred to supervisory personnel were not acted upon.

We submitted our original claim to Florida Blue (with a return receipt, thankfully) signed for by them December 2016. This claim is still not processed and we need the disposition letter from Florida Blue in order to submit this claim to our travel insurance (CSA). Florida Blue has 1) asked us to re-submit the original packet; 2) passed the claim on to their Global World division (it was established during a FL Blue conference call that this claim is not covered by Global); 3) asked us to re-submit other materials; 4) sent us emails with attachments that we cannot read; 5) has today passed this claim on to their SIU division (special investigating unit) because the claim is more than $500.

We feel royally jerked around by Florida Blue. We need the disposition or Florida Blue will prevent us from collecting the $9,000 from CSA that we have already paid for shipboard medical services. Florida Blue is well aware that we are under a time limit to submit this claim to CSA, because we have stated this every time we have contacted them and/or sent them requested materials.

Had to switch to Florida Blue in January of 2017 since it is the only company on the Florida exchange. I was in the middle of having a shot procedure done for stenosis of the neck when my insurance had to change. I've been waiting since January to get authorization from Florida Blue to continue the treatment which would result in my no longer needing opioid drugs for pain. They have yet to approve the treatment, so I'm still on opioids which they seem fine with (what about the opioid epidemic that is sweeping America??). I finally reached out myself since my doctor's office can't seem to get anywhere with them and was told that they could not discuss the reason for the delay with ME!! THE PATIENT!! THE PERSON PAYING THE PREMIUMS!! ONLY WITH MY DOCTOR.

I was flabbergasted. They refused at first to give me the phone number to the central office. I had to threaten them with a lawyer to get this little bit of info. They simply said the same thing. I told them that if I didn't have an answer in 48 hours I was filing a lawsuit against them for turning me into a junkie. I will repost with the results.

My husband & I spoke with an attorney today about suing FL BCBS for nonpayment of 15k in hospital bills. We knew we were trying to have a child in 2016 so we purchased the best insurance coverage possible and were set up on autopay. In September my husband noticed a debit had not been made so he called and made payment over the phone along with paying the remaining premium for the year because the baby was due in December & we didn't want to run the risk of running into any trouble.

Without our knowledge we were dropped from our policy for "nonpayment" (this is illegal before 90 days passes) & never reinstated even after they received full payment through 2017 within the appropriate time frame. Numerous phone calls & in office visits have gotten us nowhere. The marketplace blames BCBS & vice versa. Meanwhile the bill collectors are calling & threatening bad debt collections. We see this is happening to so many other people & want to fight back.

In 2015 we had FB 1 month and they canceled us for not paying our premium. We paid what they told us to and then they raised the rate and told us we should have checked online to see if there was a status change. We were never able to access the online service and was never able to see anything at all for the first 2 mos. 3 mos we called them and thought we were filing a complaint to be reinstated, but at the end of the 3 mos they told us we never filed the complaint. They told us we had to do it online. Online said we had to do it by phone. We lost our ins and had to get ins thru another company. We paid 2000.00 extra on our taxes for not have ins coverage for 2 mos. In 2016 the 1st mo they canceled our ins again, didn't tell us they had changed our card number. All doctors were denied payment. This time we watched the online notification closely and found they no longer had that coverage and we had to choose another from them.

No one called us just a letter in the mail saying we were canceled, and they send you junk mail 3 to 5 times a week about nonsense, so you will overlook the calculation notices. Again during that year our card ID number change for no reason. We had to contact all Drs to get them to update their billing. 2017 here we go again, new card ID number at the beginning of the year, nothing had changed on our end why do we need a new ID cards several times a year? In Feb my husband went on to Medicare, instead of talking to the Market Place or FB we went to a local agent hoping things would go smoother. My husband was taken off the ins, I was to be left on. At that time we asked if there would be a new ID number, the agent said no. I go to my therapy and they say I have no ins. We call FB and the agent and find I have a new ID number. Tried to go to therapy again no coverage.

We call and find out we need to pay the premium, which we did for that month but it went to the old account ID number. Hours and hours on the phone they say we applied the money to the new account. Next day my therapy says the account is still not active, we call again and find they don't have any info of the money being transferred to the new account ID number and don't know where it is. Now we have to pay for this month that was already paid for and we have to wait for them to send us back a refund from the old account. Their stories keep changing with each person we talk to. Keep in mind we don't have access to the new account online because it's too soon, so we can't see what is going on, but they want us to go there to make the payment. So we call back and get them to take a credit card payment over the phone.

All the while we have been hung up on 4 times and have had to talk to people in foreign countries who can't understand English and have little knowledge of FB system for 4 times now. Has FB forgot how to link an account and use their phone to notify people of a change. Every year we get canceled 3 times, have to call several times (3 hour calls), hung up on, and new ID cards that don't come for a month but their cancellation notices come far too often. So right now I can't access my old account to see what has been paid out and I can't access my new account to see if it is active. I thought they were personally trying to get rid of us because we use our ins to often, but people on here who don't have an illness are getting screwed around too! I think FB is trying to give the ACA a bad name so people will be so disgusted and will want to have something else and apparently it has worked. This is not ACA problem it is FB doing this.

We tried 3 different ways to fix these problems (Market place, FB, and a local FB INS company) and every year it happens again and again. I noticed down below there is a survey and they ask for your INS ID number. Which one do they want, I have had 7 ID cards in 3 years. Perhaps that is exactly why they keep giving us new numbers, so there is not a trail that can be followed or linked together that shows what FB has been doing to us the last 3 years, they are avoiding any way for us to make a case against them.

Whatever health care we get out Idiot Trump I'm sure I will not be able to afford and will have no coverage once again. The health ins is as corrupt as our president and elected officials, and their hands are in each other's back pockets. We no longer have any help from our government especially with a crooked tyrant like Trump in office. At least Obama tried, but the Republicans and the insurance companies killed that for everyone.

I attempted to cancel my policy in Dec of 2016 as I was getting new insurance with AvMed. I noticed in Feb that FL Blue had charged my account for two months premiums for my son and I ($2382.44). After multiple online chats and phone calls they are telling me they are unable to process a premium refund although I have proof of new insurance and no claims were made against my policy. They mysteriously have no record of my cancellation in December. Florida Blue does not care about their customers or their well-being and they have lost a customer for life.

Started in September 2016 when new child was born. We attempted to add newborn to his mothers plan and could not. For what reason I don't know and can't remember as there was so much BS being said by Florida Blue at the time such as "Our system is changing over and we can't find your account." So much time had gone by I decided to enroll in my own insurance plan through healthcare.gov and add our kids to my plan. After completing the application and selecting plans for the whole family excluding wife (has her own plan) we totaled up a premium of $847/month. After 2 months of waiting to be 'allowed' to pay our binder payment we get a bill for $1400+. By this time 2017 enrollment period was opening up and decided to just put myself and leave kids on FL Healthy Kids. I informed Florida Blue to cancel the old plan since we did not make the binder payment anyway.

So in December 2016 I enrolled in a plan for $197/m for me only to be covered in 2017. I paid the first binder payment and 5 days later get a cancellation notice for nonpayment? They have my money still to this day (4 months later). Fine now I call healthcare.gov and they escalate the situation with Florida Blue and now I get a notice that I am on a totally different plan with a higher premium. Again I call Healthcare.gov. They escalate and now I call Florida Blue who already has a payment on their books. Well they still have this made-up old plan. Call healthcare.gov again. They escalate. Florida blue cancels again! WTF. Now they finally switched my plan. Well actually they reestablished that $1400 a month family plan we canceled back in October! They charge my card $197 and cancel again for nonpayment. I felt like I am in a third world country! Is this is a joke. I mean a company this big so backwards.

When Florida Blue and Florida Combined life (health company-dental company) changed their billing system they messed up a lot of people's payments. They cancelled my coverage even though I OVERPAID by a month. Now they won't cover the 2 claims I had early in December. My bank sent PROOF OF PAYMENT in January and, after 14 phone calls, they are saying the proof was "illegible" so they won't fix the policy dates!!! Basically, they want to keep my money and NOT GIVE ME SERVICE!! Calling the legal department right now.

This insurance company has got to be the worst organized company that is not a criminal organization. There is NO customer service whatsoever. I have been trying to pay for a policy they knocked me off of since November of 2016. As of now, March 13, 2017 I have been unable to make a payment due to the inability of Florida Blue to accept it. No one there can help. The company is a shambles.

I spent 3.5 hours on the phone today with Florida Blue. I had Medicare D prescription coverage with them in 2016 which they cancelled on 12/31/16 as "no longer offered". I obtained new insurance through my partner's employment, also through Florida Blue, but not through Medicare. Because they failed to deactivate my old insurance plan number, I cannot log in or use my new plan number. They advised me that I had to cancel my old insurance. They told me to contact Medicare. I did. Medicare confirmed the old policy was cancelled and offered to conference in. Florida Blue refused to conference in. They initially refused to let me speak to a supervisor. When I finally got through to a supervisor after nearly 30 minutes on hold, he refused to give me his name.

To make a long story short, he finally conceded that it was an IT issue and that he would have to file a report and send it over to the other department and it would take 3 to 5 business days to be processed. I told him that that was unacceptable and they needed to reset my membership number immediately so I could order medications. He said there was nothing he could do. I asked him how to file a complaint. He said only he could take the information. I did finally get a P. O. Box address where I will send a written complaint. There was no explanation of why they had no record that they had cancelled my 2016 coverage, other than "that's another department." In the meantime, I am unable to get prescriptions ordered and filled. Clearly, they have a problem processing policy maintenance and a major gap in customer service.

My first month of coverage with Florida Blue, they removed duplicate auto payments from my checking account the first day of the month, and 10 weeks later they have not resolved this. It took me 4 or 6 hours of phone work, and 2 trips to one of their offices totaling 50 miles in the car, for them to admit they had taken my money twice. This is technically theft, since it was unauthorized by me. Since then they have given me 30 or 40 different stories. To stay in good standing, I mailed them a personal check for my second month of coverage, because they refused to use the duplicate payment for the next month. Now they say that although they rec'd my check, it was never applied to my account. Again, this is MY PROBLEM to solve, not theirs.

Adding to the stress is the unconscionable wait time on the phone, with occasional disconnects after 45 minutes of hold. Since the theft of the duplicate withdrawal in January, they have never acknowledged that the mistaken withdrawal money is MINE not theirs. Now they say they DID apply it to February, and that my check to them for February was used by them but not applied to my account, and that I still owe for March. Their inconsistency and lack of records is terrifying. Thank God I don't have a serious illness, with all their confusion and lack of customer care. This is absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with. By now I have used over 12 hours of phone time with Florida Blue and nothing is solved. And it's not that complicated!

Had Florida Blue through ACA in 2016. Three months into coverage I was told my account was on "hold" for lack of payment. They somehow lost my automatic payment information. I kept the same coverage/plan trough Healthcare.gov for 2017. I received a new card from Florida Blue end of Dec./beginning of Jan. Went to go use my insurance on March 3 and was told it wouldn't go through. I then spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone till I reached someone. Twice, I was on "hold" for around 45 minutes when mysteriously the phone/line disconnects. 3rd time I got through, and I was told my plan was terminated for failure to pay, that I needed to contact Healthcare.gov to find out why. Contacted Healthcare.gov and was told they have nothing to do with payments or termination of anyone's plans.

So, I have been sitting on hold now for 33 minutes trying to get someone on the phone from Florida Blue to find out why they told me it was Healthcare fault and where/what happened to my automatic payments. I also want to know why I have been contacted about non-payment. No email, No letter, no phone call. The Healthcare.gov assistant said they have been getting numerous calls with people in my same situation. This seems like a clear deliberate attempt to deny people of Health Insurance. The deadline has passed, and I probably won't have insurance this year and will have to pay a penalty too. Florida Blue is the only insurance company Florida has for ACA. I am at a loss for words and don't know what I am going to do to get my medications.

The company agreed to process a hospital bill related claim within thirty days. Urged me to wait 30 days. The 30 days passed and the hospital sent the bill to the collections because Florida Blue never processed it. When I attempt to call the Florida Blue, I chose the callback option. The callback option called me back and before even being connected to someone hung up! Then I called again and the next callback wait time was 2 hours! It sounds to be like unfair practice and fraudulent activity. I am paying premiums through the roof and claims aren't being processed.

I thought things were bad when they lost me in the system update that they did back in July of 2017... I actually thought things couldn't get any worse. But of course they did! It took them about 4 months to actually fix the problem and I was "asked" not to use my insurance during that period of time. I had kept making my payments for a few months but then was asked to stop because they couldn't figure out where to apply them. At the end of October I was informed that I should start paying my payments again, and that "BTW you owe for the 4 months that we didn't cover you, because otherwise you'll have a lapse in coverage and that's a no no." So I paid everything I owed and then some and for a few months all was right in the insurance world.

Then at the end of December I started getting notices that I owed $455... and my premiums were only $180 a month and I hadn't missed a payment. So I called and was told, by the barely understandable customer rep that he would take care of the "mistake" and not to worry. A few days later it was still messed up online so I called again, was told "don't worry"... Well to condense this novel into a few lines... that's when the nightmare of having to call every other day and being told they would fix the mess began. Then I received a cancellation letter dated 2/16/17 telling me that if my payment of $455 wasn't received by 2/1/17 (???) that I would be cancelled. I then got the escalations department working on it and they found that I only actually owed $3! (Imagine that). I was told not to worry, that I wasn't being cancelled. Well, as I'm sure you can guess... today I woke up to find that I was cancelled!

Now, after spending the day in Florida Blue hell, I have once again been told "not to worry"... ROFLMAO! So I've come to the conclusion that it's going to take a lot more action than calling and holding my breath hoping that I still have insurance. That is why I'm asking anyone who reads this that lives in the Tampa area to contact me at **. I would love to get some sort of demonstration going in front of their offices on Westshore and Kennedy, since it's impossible to reach Patrick ** who is the head monkey in the Florida Blue circus. Maybe they will stand up and take notice then, nothing else seems effective. Just because they are about the only provider left in the marketplace in Florida shouldn't give them the right to give us horrible service for our hard earned dollars! So if you've read this far I take it you're feeling the same way as I do, so please contact me! Thanks.

Blue Cross of Florida Company Profile