3.9/5 (476 ratings)
Find a Health Insurance partner

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

About Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

Never covered anything my contract said it would cover. Had to fight every single time I went to the doctors for them to cover what they were supposed to. Was overcharged multiple times for a total of $1,3900 overpaid to them. After years of fighting (5 years since I overpaid and have been fighting them) they agreed to refund only 119$. This refund check never did arrive. I also found out that even though my membership was supposed to be cancelled 5 years ago they have been illegally enrolling me every year without my consent or knowledge. This company needs shut down.

Original review: July 8, 2022

I am a provider and have to call FL Blue daily to check the status of claims, etc. They have THE WORST customer service. Their hold times are outrageous, and when I do get a representative it takes them 20-30 to provide the most basic information. Most of that time I'm sitting on hold. Most of the representatives I talk to have minimal knowledge of claims and do not provide accurate information. C'mon Blue Cross....you make enough money to provide better service to your members and providers.

Get buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2022

We didn’t have the money to pay for my health insurance for three months because we had to get my dad out of the tough spot and he’s 79. So what I did was pay for two months and then they told me that until I paid for the third month as well they were not it going to let me call my prescriptions through the insurance. I am a psych patient on three different antidepressants and I have PTSD. So I will be going to the mental hospital before I can pay the bill on the first. It is now 14 June. I paid $300. All I owe is $114.25. They also told me that they would drop my insurance if I don’t pay before then. So because I looked out for my father, I cannot get my medications. That makes a lot of sense! Don’t go with this company! Have been with them since 2013, no more!

Original review: June 11, 2022

I've been being charged for a dental plan I do not need for over a year. Every time I try to call and cancel the plan (since they offer no other way to) I have to go through the automated phone system for 10 minutes only to hear "Your call can not be connected, hanging up". Very frustrating. If a business only offers one way to cancel it needs to be working at all times. This should be grounds for a class action lawsuit

Original review: June 8, 2022

Worst customer service in the World. I have used the same fabulous dental provider for over 30 years and never had a problem with paperwork or payment. Now I have this insurance (which doesn't really pay for anything!!!) and they called my dentist's staff -- liars. Said they never sent the paperwork. And, of course the staff showed me where they submitted it 4 times electronically and twice by USPS. They just don't want to pay. Now I wait. This has been going on since February. FOUR MONTHS. Run away from this coverage. Do not recommend it for anyone.

Original review: June 2, 2022

My wife has severe Parkinson’s disease and her neurologist has proscribed ** 2x a day at 137mg. Florida Blue refuses to cover this drug even with repeated calls from her doctor. They have held up her meds for 8 days now. Stay away from this company if you have Parkinson’s. They are heartless.

Original review: May 3, 2022

Bait and switch? Or is their software just dated. Earn up to $500 credit towards your premiums. Complete challenges towards your goal. Challenges completed, no points. Numerous calls- nothing. Super frustrating!! I’m told 5 different things by 5 different agents. I’ve sent in screenshots documenting everything. Still nothing? Not legit.

Original review: April 18, 2022

Their customer service is horrible. I needed urgent information about a treatment. No one is there to help with what I wanted. Very confusing automated voice call that takes forever and when I go to the representative she hung off on me. I will escalate this to my company and let them know about this frustrating experience.

Original review: March 23, 2022

I canceled and removed my method of payment with Florida Blue on January 15th, 2022. On February 2nd, 2022 Florida Blue charged my card illegally and without consent. The agent on February 3rd said I would receive a check in the mail. It's now March 23rd and on my call this time I'm notified it's on hold... They have my money, illegally acquired and have failed to return it. I have emails for all notifications from the system. I'm asking for my money back while a major corporation holds my hard earned cash... Shame on you Florida Blue and for all my time you've wasted on this. This review is easier than dealing with your customer service and your policies and practices.

Original review: March 7, 2022

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida needs to have a more responsive system. Waiting on hold for hours is unacceptable. No other way to get in touch with them. As I am writing this review I have still not spoken to anyone.

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida Company Information