Get peace of mind

Need to know more about health insurance? Shop providers on our guide.

Check health plans
1.92/5

Get peace of mind

Need to know more about health insurance? Shop providers on our guide.

Check health plans

Blue Cross of Florida Reviews

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Its coverage is great. We usually don’t have to pay any copays for doctors or hospitals. The customer service personnel are easy to work with try to help us. I can’t think of anything else to say except we are very happy with Blue Cross, Blue Shield supplementary insurance.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I had another insurance company with $0 monthly premium! And $15.00 copay. Now I have a $10.00 copay and a 42.00 monthly premium. The old saying is you get what you pay for! I am 100% happy with Florida Blue. I will never go with another insurance company.

Get expert buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Insurance and Gen needs to be revamped. I had a hospital stay for five days - the bill was $57,000. My insurance cover the majority of it. My portion of the bill was 2500 but honestly, if I didn’t have insurance I don’t know what I would’ve done.

Original review: April 11, 2019

The coverage of my health plan is very good. It helps me pay very little when it comes to prescriptions for drugs that I take and also when I had to receive procedures like stent implants to save my life from further heart problems. They came through with flying colors. That is why I shall continue to have Blue Cross as my secondary health plan.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I am able to use my Doctor, no problems getting an appointment. I have no deductible. Most of my prescription medications are very low cost. I have always been able to get the care that I need: specialists, tests, physical therapy. Going to the hospital was easy and not stressful. Low co-pays.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Cross of Florida?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I have an individual policy with FL Blue. The vision misleads you into believing you have the benefits, even gives you doctors in the plan. The benefit is for individuals under the age of 19. The summary head lines "For individuals under 65, Benefit Summary for Pediatric Vision Care". This benefit has nothing to do with me yet it shows up on my account. It should not be on there when I look up my benefits and the exclusions are put on the last page. The doctor takes me in and now I am stuck with the whole bill.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

This evil health insurance company dropped my poor elderly mother which she obtained though the (scam) Obama Care. They canceled her policy, didn't tell her, made it retroactive for 2 months after she had 2 tests run. They sent her a payment back just to make it another month retroactive. This is fraud. I just found out about this and I'm helping my mother take legal action. Don't do business with these con artists. Just Google all the complaints filed against them! There's news articles about them all over.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Limited to local area, would prefer statewide coverage. Traveling could be a problem, wish it covered every Medicare covered incident. Other than that limitation we have no complaints. Have not ever had them decline payment. Have had them 15 years.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Bought a dental plan direct from BCBS Florida by a pushy sales rep. Never told there was a 6 month waiting period before I would be able to receive any sort of treatment as I was out of the time limit from previous plan, infact I was inside the time frame by a day. Found out I was not covered on my first visit to dentist! Called BCBS and spoke to 6 different people in 6 different departments with no success, one manager just put the phone down on me!! Disgraceful behavior from a so called blue chip company! I complained in writing to the BCBS complaints department and never heard back!!! Just had a letter one month away from cover to tell me they had not collected my premium from the bank as they should have so have dropped me!!!!

Not worth calling because their customer care is horrible!! I implore you not to use this shady company!! I’m absolutely disgusted with the whole set up from sales, customer care and complaint department!! Someone needs to be looking for a new job as this comes from the top! It’s obvious that the leaders of this organization do not know what’s happening at lower levels!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

100 dollars for copay for urgent care service is too much for a copay. This insurance is too expensive as it is and then charging 100 for a copay. Don’t want this insurance, how are people supposed to afford crap like this. I would give it 0 stars if I could.

Blue Cross of Florida Company Information