Blue Cross of Florida

Compare Health Insurance Companies

Research top Health Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have been a client of Florida Blue for some time and as of Sept 2016 everything has gone South! I have spent better than 200 hours on the phone with Florida Blue - documenting every call, who I talked to, reference numbers for the calls, people I spoke to, if managers got involved - the whole event. It has been MADDENING! It started in Sept when they separated the bills from medical and dental together to separating them. When I paid for the medical and dental - they were not applying the dental portion to dental. In Oct 2016 I was told I owed 3 months of dental, that I already paid every month along with the medical, but yet CONVENIENTLY the medical did not show a credit for the dental payments applied to medical?!? So the money was missing. Once they discovered this - they credited my medical and I had to pay 3 months to make up for my dental.

The following month my medical billing online was ridiculously high. Come to find out they reinstated my son, who was taken off my account (documented) back in April 2016 and made back payments for him - meaning they said I needed to pay for him from April until current?!? I did not add him back on. Then my daughter turned 19 and no longer was covered for dental under our medical insurance so they removed her without letting me know. Then when I called to see why she was not added to our family dental account no one knew how to do it. We spent 2 months trying to add her to our family dental policy. When they did so they also decided to add my son back on as well who is 26 and has insurance through his work and we removed him April 2016. This happened in Sept 2016 and NOW the dental is still messed up...

Not being billed correct amounts each month and they are not correcting the amounts online for payments. Also, the billing statements do not arrive to my house until the 14th of the month FOR THAT MONTH and the online amounts do NOT match the mailed in statements that come too late seeing they want the payment made on the first of each month. My medical online amount is too much each month by $1,750.50 - I have called and spoken to people several times to have this removed. They have sent in requests 7 times in 2 months - still not removed.

Today I tried to make my dental payment and there is a credit on the account?!? I did not pay this month's yet as the amount was not correct. So SOMEONE ELSE'S payment was posted to my account. I was told after 1 hour on the phone that since there was a credit on the account - they could not accept my payment. I called right back, 20 minutes wait once again to even reach anyone, and this time the guy ran the payment and turned in, once again, a request to change the wrong amounts and find out whose payment was under my dental. I have been lied to many times. They told me they would call me back - they never did. They told me supervisors were not available but then when I called back the next person said supervisors did not even come into the office until 10 am, so they put me on hold for 30 minutes to wait for a supervisor and there wasn't even one available.

One department has no idea what the other one is doing. I do not get the mailed statements in time to pay from the statement, I look online to make the payment and every month it is wrong, and each month something else is not right. In January they did not even post a payment for me to make on my account, so there was no way to make the payment. They told me to go to CVS to make the payment?!? I told them no, if they cannot post it with me on the phone how would CVS make any difference? So they had to write to the department to GENERATE an invoice for us to even pay.

I have had nothing but trouble... Over 220 hours put into the phone and going to a local office to try to get things fixed - but NO ONE has the answer. As of today, 5 months later, my Medical account is showing $1,750.50 too much on my account (asking me to pay it and has been on there for 2 months) and my dental is showing double what I am supposed to pay each month (for the last 2 months). I have brought it to their attention several times and nothing fixed yet. Horrible experience with BILLING.

I have had so many problems with Florida Blue since last year. They don't bill properly. I don't make enough money for assistance, so I only have a 1 month grace period. In April, I had brain surgery. They had not billed me properly and didn't process my payment in time so they dropped me days after my surgery. I've had to make multiple payments for it to actually go through. My premium went up an extra $100 without warning for this year.

I went to the local office, where when we changed the policy and tried to pay, we were told that I didn't have to pay for January. I am still recovering from the brain surgery and have problems remembering things. I was never billed for January, never told there was a problem, never billed for February. When I called the office, they claimed I had misunderstood what they said. I made the payment January 31 and got confirmation February 1. I was dropped while they take their time processing it. Received an email last night, February 7, that there was a problem with my payment. Last time they dropped me, people in the office laughed at me. The many people I've spoken with over the phone don't know what they're doing and have poor customer service skills. The people I've worked with in person also don't know what they're doing.

I paid for coverage through the marketplace (which is a HUGE government scam). Trying to make a doctor appointment and they tell me I have no coverage. I call BCBSFL who states I didn't pay my invoice. I was on auto-pay but their system had a 'burp' and kicked out 250,000 Floridians without letting us know. I send them a copy of the email confirmation showing paid and call again (on hold each time over 30 minutes) and a friendly woman tells me they messed up on their end and added numbers wrong which is why I have no coverage. She tells me she fixed everything and I ask for a reference number.

One week later I still have no coverage so I call again. BCBSFL farms out to a call center in another country and I am not comfortable giving out my personal info including SS# but I do it anyway because I am on hold for so long. I ask the woman what country she is located in and she tells me company policy that she is not allowed to give out that info. Over three hours on hold and still no health insurance coverage. I should run for public office so I can get off the not affordable health care.

This company has no idea what is going on. They do not communicate between departments, they are terribly trained, usually unprofessional, and clearly understaffed. I've spent nearly 15 hours on the phone with them in just the last three weeks. Most of this is on hold but I've been hung up on, incorrectly transferred, and had to start every process request over again with each new rep.

In a nutshell, I chose a new plan via the marketplace. Everything is green lights on their end. Application was forwarded to Florida Blue and they were happy to take my premium payment money but evidently they have not been able to "upload" my application for it to be "processed" so that the insurance will be active, I can be issued a member ID, and have access to the new plan. The request to resolve has been submitted by different agents three times now (with two promises of escalation) and six weeks later... I am still cancelling doctor's appointments that I cannot pay for out of pocket and running out of medicine because there is no price reduction.

If I had known about LAST year's issue before I signed up for a different FB plan, I'd have gone with a different company. However, I didn't know until the end of December that their billing system had "accidentally" cancelled my and thousands of other customers' autopay setup, which resulted in a lapse. They supposedly retroactively applied the policy since it was their error, however, I still have an outstanding claim (had my doctor resubmit after reinstatement). So basically this company is the worst ever.

Monthly premium charged two months after cancellation. I was notified of cancellation on 2-02-17 via email at 10:32 pm. The payment for Feb. went through my bank that day. Florida Blue representative told me my policy terminated on 1-01-17. Jan. payment also was paid. Money wasn't returned. I had to call the Marketplace myself and was told a case manager will work on this and it could take up to 30 days. I have paid 2 months for insurance I don't have.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Cross of Florida?

I purchased a health insurance policy for me and my son in 2016 through the marketplace with Florida Blue. My experience in 2016 was a smooth deal and with very little hiccups. In November 2016 I received a letter from Florida Blue directly stating that if I wanted to continue with the same coverage, that I didn't need to do anything that my policy will renew automatically. Even though my new monthly fee had increase by $75.00, I still decided to stay with Florida Blue because of my experience until this point had been satisfactory. So I put the letter away and having the issue of renewal handled (at least so I thought).

At the end of December, I got sick and went to the doctor on January 3rd, 2017. I got a prescription for antibiotics. Dropped my prescription at the pharmacy and when I went back to pick it up is when I found out that I had no insurance coverage. I called Florida Blue as soon as I left and waited for 45 minutes to speak to someone. When a customer agent came on the phone and after an extensive search of their system, the letter that Florida Blue had sent to me was finally located. After said letter was found, I was still told that they couldn't renew my policy because the marketplace had failed to send a passive renewal letter to them. I reiterated the fact that Florida Blue had already renew my coverage at least on paper and following their letter to the tee, I had done what they had requested.

So after going back and forth for over an hour, I asked to see how much it will be to purchase insurance directly with Florida Blue (this was more for my son who is 18 months old then for myself). So I was transferred to the sales department and the sales agent pretty much didn't want to do anything so feeling all frustrated and like I had wasted the better part of an afternoon, I decided to give up and purchased insurance somewhere else. I did get a new coverage with a different provider and got all the documents and payment settled with them.

At the end of January 2017, lo and behold, I received new membership cards from Florida Blue (which I didn't request), and my bank account was drafted out of $549.00 (which I didn't approve) and without any notification from Florida Blue. I have been trying to cancel this unwanted policy for the last two days without any success. I have called their customer number, whenever I asked to cancel, their system routes my call to the sales department. I have been put on hold indefinitely and people have been right down rude. I am appalled at the way this company treats people.

I cancelled my policy 3 weeks before the following month, received confirmation number and spoke to two different people to verify policy is cancelled and to stop automatic payments and was told there will be no money withdraws. Well they lied, mislead me, blew smoke up my **. They took the monthly payment after hours on the phone to verify. I was a customer for many many years and will never use this company again.

I paid on Dec 23 2016 for Jan 2017 month. I have been trying to obtain prescriptions during Jan and been told by Walgreens I am Not recognized. I spoke to a lady called Ursula who confirmed I was paid but their two Systems did and have not talked to each other. She was third person who said they would send communications to get me available for meds. This had been going on for nearly 3 weeks!!!

I have made numerous calls. Each time holding for 30 minutes then the call failed. I finally got a name from my call today, Mark, who refused to tell me where he was located. I was only asking to establish if that's why the lines kept failing. Regardless they NEVER PHONE YOU BACK!! I have now paid for a complete month of January without ANY BENEFITS. I was told by Ursula that they would move my payment towards February. If anyone has another contact number besides 1.800.352.2583, please let me know. I am desperate meds! Thank you.

So this is what happened, I included myself and my 2 kids to the policy and had to wait almost a month to start using the insurance. When I called to find a dental surgeon for myself (I mentioned this when I was signing up) I was told I had a 6 month waiting period!!! And in the meantime I could use their discount program for 6 months!!! So basically they only cover cleaning, x-rays (every dentist does) and check-ups or "monitoring". LOL. So if you have a cavity or something needs to be fixed before 6 months you pay a discounted rate, and get his kids under 19 don't need a waiting period, however none of mine were included on the policy!!! This is a scam and I am cancelling!

This insurance company should be banned. Early January Florida Blue called to ask me if I have paid. They said that they merged computer systems and not all information was updated. Finally my payments were up to date. I received the invoice for payment due on February 1 on January 30th. It is as if they want to cancel you for nonpayment by sending invoices out late. I made an electronic payment on January 26th. Funds cleared my bank of January 27 and payment still has not been applied to my account as of February 2nd. When I called Florida Blue, they said call back in 5 business days. Again they should be banned.

FloridaBlue failed to provide me with ID card, with an invoice, with any assistance throughout the last few months. Their failure to produce a bill, to provide (ID), failure to reinstate cancellation due to their error in billing, intentionally refusing to return phone calls as promised, Then, I read an article searching for FlBlue website. I read an article from 1-9th, 2017 edition of the Sun Sentinel (East coast West Palm Beach paper) as told by a brave FlBlue member whose child was denied access to Dr and had to pay Dr due to incorrectly losing the coverage.

I realized I was not alone. This was an Incredible article, with denial from FloridaBlue spokesperson who stated the billing issues were corrected. Compared to the tens of thousands of ongoing issues in this article mine was resolved. With documentation, patience, and, finally, the Insurance Commissioners website, I received my ID. I have not, however, received a bill. My situation was simple. Send Bill. Send ID. Help me pay my bill without disconnecting my phone call, and credit my file as having paid. I am awaiting my actual policy and plan to keep calling back until I receive it. Do I have coverage? Who knows?

I regret so much renewing my Blue Medicare plan in 2017. But, it was the only plan accepted by my primary doctor. My low satisfaction with Florida Blue is due to the following: (1) Website not responding. (2) Waiting time of 39 mins to get a dropped call once a customer rep answers. (3) Excess Paper mail... including a 2017 Calendar! OMG I'm on Medicare but an online "junkie" since the First Apple phone & iPad. (4) Prescriptions are more expensive in their preferred pharmacies. (5) Medical providers options keeps on shrinking while cost increases. Those are the main reasons I will not give them another chance for 2018. I rather switch primary doctor than continue with Florida Blue...

I became a new member this year with Florida Blue. I recently scheduled a visit, made my blood work and CT scan appointments. My complaint so far and I really shouldn't have one this early in the game is that their website sucks. I've tried to login using different browsers and it's all the same. A little blue circle going around and around and around. Not good.

I waste a whole day at their office several times a year. All the same issues as the other complaints. Not the fault of the employees at the office. They really try but every time it goes to the main office the problems reoccur. Been with Blue Shield for 15+ years in Ca and now Fl. My most recent issues are price bait and switch. This has happens 2 times now in the last 2 months. Always done by their employees and always claimed as a computer glitch!

Last month I was quoted a monthly payment of $512 after the $723 ACA credit. That is $1,235 a month for a bronze plan. I paid and started the new policy during open enrollment. Paid the $512 with a card. Just received my bill. The price is now $2,067. My monthly payment is now $1,344 not $512 and they charged my card as verified by the bank but put the money somewhere else as there is no credit for the money they took. It's a whole new day to waste at their office again. This will be at least the 5th time in a year. Going there now. At least they have an office 1 hour away. I honestly think we need a class action lawsuit against this company.

We have had an active Florida Blue policy for six years. As business owners, our payments are made through the business via automatic deductions (EFT) on the 1st of each month. In the summer of 2016, I received a letter from Florida Blue stating that they were switching payment systems and our payment for September would need to be made manually as opposed to EFT or auto-deduction. So, I dug out my checkbook from under a pile of dust and mailed a check which was received.

Two months later, my husband went to the pharmacy to fill a script and was informed our policy was cancelled. We could not fathom why but we are also medical providers so I was able to look up our policy through Availity (providers online source for Florida Blue policy details) and see it was in fact cancelled with a date of 2014. I cannot explain the 2014 date as we've had coverage until Sept. 2016 but after speaking with multiple customer service representatives, most of which are in the Philippines which makes communication challenging, we learned that our policy was cancelled for lack of payment. We received no letter nor email (except for billing statements which indicated we were current) regarding this cancellation. True, they failed to deduct our auto payment the previous two months for reasons which are still unclear.

We offered to make a phone payment or draft an EFT. We were told that we could not make payment until our policy was re-instated. We were instructed to call back in ten days for an update. Meanwhile, we have no insurance, but wait the 10 business days and call back. This time we were told our policy was not reinstated because we failed to make payment at the time of the request 10 days earlier. As I attempt to provide our payment details this time, the representative tells me I only need to confirm the last four digits of our account as he has all the banking details needed to process payment. I verify it is correct.

So we are left wondering why the auto-payment did not occur the previous months as it did for the previous six years as they clearly had the banking information as well as the authorization to draft payment. I suspect it has something to do with their new system. We wait another 10 business days and call back as instructed. We learn the policy is still not activated but our payment was drafted immediately and they have record of receiving it. At my insistence and after 45 minutes on the phone (no, I'm not busy at all...), the Representative was able to expedite reactivation for the next day. She also suggested I make the next months payment now and re-enroll in auto-payments, which I did. I received a confirmation email of my re-enrollment along with language that "it can take up to four weeks" to activate so I also made that months payment manually. I wanted to make sure I did not have to endure this painful process again.

Six weeks later I decided to check the status of our policy as I had a gut feeling that this may not have gone well. I was not surprised to learn that our account was once again cancelled for lack of payment. It cancelled prior to the 30 days grace period (since we do not receive a subsidy for our healthcare, we only receive a 30 day grace period).

I call again, speak to two reps. (one helpful and one not) and with no good explanation other than "I failed to make payment". I explained that I re-enrolled in auto draft and made a manual payment to ensure I had coverage until auto-draft took effect "up to 30 days later.". I was told by the unhelpful rep. that "it takes at least 45 days for auto-enrollment to activate. Okay, so the email is incorrect, but we are sitting at 60 days and my payment still has not been drafted. I suggest they update their email confirmation but that was not received well. I was told to wait 10 business days and call back and my account should be active. I am now a pro and know the drill. I will call back in 10 days and I suspect only to learn that for some unexplained reason, my policy did not reinstate.

When Florida Blue quit offering their HMO plan here in Pinellas County Fl. as of Dec. 31, 2016, I talked to their salesman who told me that their PPO plan would take its place. That the coverage was nearly the same. I only took it based on what he told me and the fact that my primary care MD was included and I was told the that this new plan, with other than a few minor changes, remained virtually the same as the 2016 HMO contract. At the beginning of the year 2017 I received THE insurance card. Good, wonderful except, that it was for their HMO, the now nonexistent plan. I notified them of their mistake. I was told to just tear up that card, they would issue me the PPO card and I also told them that I was still waiting for some books describing whatever they offered via the PPO plan.

In the middle of January I got the NEW card. It was again an HMO card. I went to my primary care doctor. I sat in the waiting room for a little over an hour while his office talked to Florida Blue. Guess what. His office gave up so I went home. Once again I called Florida Blue, "where's my PPO card." (Who's on first base, no, he's on second). Here it is, the 26th of January, 2017. Guess what!! No card, no books. Nothing!! And I'm stuck with this horrible Florida Blue.

Today, TODAY I received a huge envelope from ** Blue. I was so excited that my hands trembled, beads of sweat ran down my forehead, I almost peed in my pants. At last everything was going to be taken care of by my ** Blue insurance company. I forgave them. Insurance companies liked people make mistakes. So forget and forgive > that's my motto. There was no card, no catalogues. But they were really thinking about me. They sent me a beautiful calendar for 2017. Each month filled with a most beautiful scenic photo. Thank you ** Blue.

I too am having so many problems with Blue Cross. I had Blue Cross in my younger years and they use to be a great company. Fast forward to today and it's now a nightmare. My insurance company that I had in 2016 sent me a letter stating they would no longer be operating in Florida and I needed to find another Insurance Co. The only one that is available to me is Blue Cross so I went with them. Well, I signed up for a plan and paid for the first month. The paperwork stated I had 30 days and if I didn't like it I could change plans. After looking it over I realized it wasn't my best choice so I switched right away to another one.

Without making this a long story, I called Florida Blue and asked that the money I put on the first plan be applied towards the new plan. You would think one call in today's world with today's technology would be enough, but no. I had made more calls to try to straighten this out but still... nothing. So I then went to an office to speak to someone, thinking this for sure would rectify my problems. After sitting there for an hour, I was waited on. This person told me to wait for a week and everything should be straightened out. Well I checked on my computer and it did show the new plan but I was delinquent and I now owe $1300.00 dollars. It did not show that I paid the first month's payment, and were not even in Feb yet. I am a senior and never imagined that things would end up like this. Very uncertain times indeed.

I called ghetto company this afternoon to schedule an apt 4 times. Each time their automated service looked up and verified my account and then when I requested an apt I was disconnected. In my frustration went into the office to make an apt was told it would only be a few moments to see an associate so I waited on with only two people ahead of me and after one hour had not been addressed nor had one of the people ahead of me. Witnessed 7 BCBS employees in their glass offices not one helping a customer. Customer service in this company does not exist. My reason for wanting an appointment is because we do not receive our bills cannot get them online and actually get dunning letters because we haven't paid when we don't know what to pay. My insurance alone is over $1400.00 per month and they cannot even provide us a bill. God help us if I get sick.

Let me first inform everyone I have been with BCBS in another state since 2003 (for 13 years) with no complaints. I also work in the health care system that raved on this insurance and recommended it to my very own patients. As of August of 2016, and moving to a different state with two changes of address later, I received a letter from BCBS of Florida. They would be experiencing a "system upgrade". Since that system upgrade you can no longer view your bill online, make payments or view any past history of payments (which was nice to refer back to which in the past you could).

Now if you have any questions on your bill you must go through customer service and if it's more of a pending issue you can't get past the representative to speak to a supervisor. You will play this game. They will inform you it has been flagged as "status of escalation" meaning it's out of the representatives' hand. They cannot make any decisions and it's in another department somewhere in BCBS's world. They will tell you, "You should receive a phone call in 24-48 hours." Have I ever gotten one of those calls, NO! They will never call you back so I'm in this cycle of constantly calling as of this day and I refuse to give up. My suggestion is to keep a log on the date, amount of time you've spent on the phone, disconnections, transferring rep to rep, names and or possible agent number as I'm doing now.

This is a short version of my personal experience. First, I will start with something minor, I've moved and made numerous phone calls to change my address and of course every rep stated they've updated my info and every time I've logged online it still had the wrong address. Well it was finally resolved keep in mind it took about 5 calls and several hours of wasted time on the phone.

Second, in August I received a letter that my current premium would increase to an amount I could no longer afford for Jan 2017. With that since I moved and was unemployed I cancelled my plan for the last 2 months of last year understanding I would not have insurance. I called and spoke with a customer service and we found a lower premium plan I agreed on to start in Jan. She sent the email contract and signed up for automatic draft. Guess what? They did NOT cancel my old premium las. It was still left active with the old premium increase even though I purchased a new plan with a lower premium. Get this, they tried to draft me double ALMOST 3,000.00 (old premium plus new premium) by automatic draft. Thankfully I caught it early enough through my bank email notification before it happened and was able to stop that transaction payment.

Third, I've received 4 insurance cards since August. Fourth, still when I log into my account it has my old plan info. This should have changed from the day I switched and that was from November, they keep telling me it's pending (let me remind you it's been pending for several months). Trying to get this resolved results in being transferred to different representative and having to reexplain everything because nothing has been changed in the system for them to see it. I've spent so many hours many of times I've been disconnected when in transfer from one person to the next.

Florida Blue needs to get it together. I truly hope enough complaints will change for a better company. Maybe with Trump in house and now that we will have competitive prices the behind the scenes of customer service and getting things done the right way and in a timely manner will be the push in the right direction for the business.

I cannot begin to list every problem I've had with Florida Blue--it would take pages. Suffice it to say they are just like the others I read on this page. Here's a brief summary: I've been charged retroactively for health care during the time I had no health care (The government subsidy was undoubtedly paid for this too, so think fraud against the govt). When I receive threats to cancel my policy if I don't send in something I've already sent, I'm told in person "Just ignore it." So they will have paper proof while I just have verbal non-proof when they cancel! I've been lied to many times. My policy has been cancelled for nonpayment, then my payment refunded. The price goes up.

I get several letters a week with conflicting info on prices and actions. One of my "favorites" was the one I got yesterday, 1/23/17, dated 1/17/17 saying that I must take action by 12/15/17 or... bla bla bla. I've spent hours at their centers, and never yet managed to resolve all the issues. They blame the Marketplace for everything---until we do a three way phone call and they have to admit it's their fault.

A report to the health insurance commissioner helped with one issue, but three more popped up to replace it. I have been wrestling with them, trying to get coverage (as it seems they are the only ones left in ObamaCare for FL, if I'm not mistaken,) for three months now, and have yet to see a doctor. I'm looking into doing a class action lawsuit, now that I see they are not just cheating me, but are cheating many many others. They need to be stopped, and the only way to stop them is in the pocketbook. Since ObamaCare is involved as well, that means they are also charging the US government for health care services we've not received. Please, if you've had these problems, begin to document them. Write down the details, who you talk to, the date, time, etc.

I'm not sure where to start. Long ago, I discovered that if Florida Blue (FB) got your $ through an error in their processing, you would have to follow up and follow up and follow up to get them to do their job and make the appropriate adjustment. But this year, they've overdone themselves in their ability to pass the responsibility for resolving THEIR problems to their insurers!!

In November 2016, I took advantage of open enrollment and went to the marketplace to choose a new policy for 1/1/17. I chose a new FB policy because the one I had was pretty useless. That's a whole other story. On December 19, I called Florida Blue to set up an auto pay arrangement for the new policy and to make sure that the other FB policy and auto pay arrangement cancelled. I was specifically told that the other policy would cancel as my new one took effect. Lo and behold, FB messed that simple task up and I have been suffering ever since. I've been on the phone with FB for 30-90 minutes on 1/9, 1/16, 1/18, and 1/20. I've cancelled 4 routine annual medical appointments for my family and now have a billing mess for an ER visit and a wellness visit with my GP that have taken place since 1/1.

Each rep seems so nice yet none of them do what they say they are going to do. What the idiots did was fail to activate my new policy because they auto paid for the old policy (which was twice as much as my new policy) and kept it active. All they have to do is credit my new policy with the premiums they already withdrew!! Yet they can't seem to pull that off!! They didn't have the right to auto debit the bank account they did (I'd arranged on 12/19/16 for another one to be used) but I can't throw that request to reimburse me into the situation because I'm likely to die before they could figure out how to do that!! I was able to help each FB Rep, on each phone encounter, understand their screw up. Each understood and led me to believe that the problem was being escalated or resolved.

As of today 1/23, it's still being processed. It seems to now be in a continual state of "being processed"!!! In the meantime, they've withdrawn over two-times the amount of my new monthly premiums from an account they were no longer authorized to use and they refuse to activate my new policy until they receive payment!!! It is insane. I can't do anything to resolve this. I'm sick and tired of FB's problems being my problem. My doctors office staff should not have to deal with this nonsense either. I feel their billing operations are extremely illegitimate at this point!! Who gives them the right to take my money then claim they didn't receive payment then take forever to make the freaking adjustment when they know where they made the mistake? They should be paying me for the ridiculous amount of time I have had to spend in helping them figure out their problems.

It is not fair. I really do detest them and wish I had an option!! I am being held hostage by their inept operation. They don't deserve to be in business. Many years ago, I was a director of finance at a major NY medical center. The insights that gave me into the healthcare system will last a lifetime. Heads should be rolling at Florida Blue. They are exceeding ridiculous. I haven't even begun to talk about the meaningless correspondence they've sent me this month which their reps don't seem to understand. One was about a changed email address (apparently that one was a mistake and it was sent out to all insureds. What???). Five others had to do with me recently adding people to my policy, including me, which I had not. Of course, their website remains useless to me because they haven't activated my new policy!!! There isn't even a hint of it anywhere. It doesn't even show as pending. I'm tired of explaining.

Blue Cross canceled my policy in August (they said it was per my request) - it wasn't. They sent me a new policy and card and said that I had to make a binder payment. I did. The following month they said it was an error to use my old policy and card. Since September they are saying I am delinquent in my payments (they can't figure out how to put the payment from one account to the other). I have been on the phone many many times with all different responses (each time at least an hour). Some tell me "ok we will fix it" and it never is. I am at my wits end and don't know what to do.

I cancelled my plan in December before the beginning of the new year... on January third they charged me the full premium about as if I continued with this insurance. Do upon speak with the customer service person they told me I cancelled in January... total lie 1. Then they told me that they would have to send me a check as a refund within ten days. I have now waited over two weeks and two phone calls and they say it's in process... why do I feel like they will charge me again in February and blame me... The big problem is this. It comes out of my business account and if I deposit said check it looks like income so now I have to pay tax on it again. I could go on forever about detail of care with medication for the past two years but hey I guess they don't really care.

I tried the automatic answers to questions and asked for a rep. He took many hold times to answer simple questions and told me he was in another country looking up my information. This is not ok with me.

My family has had insurance through Marketplace with Florida Blue the last two years. No big deal - rates were ok, coverage was decent, we had insurance. The plan changed year to year which was a pain - but still no big deal. My husband is a cancer survivor so insurance of course is very important to us. For 2017 I was lucky enough to get a new job that had insurance coverage - awesome. So I went ahead and went through all the channels to make sure Marketplace wasn't renewed, called to confirm cancellation of account with Florida Blue 3 times - all saying yes all set. January 3rd - they take an automatic unauthorized deduction of $1356 out of our bank account. I have NO policy with them! I have cancelled 3 times to make sure! I call immediately - it take 4 different agents to stop transferring me automatically to Marketplace to start to get a resolution to this. I don't know about anyone else but $1356 out of the bank is huge!

Well it's January 18th now and I still have no resolution in my eyes. I have called almost daily to get an update. The update is different every single time. I can hardly understand the agent usually - and when I ask for a supervisor none are every available. When I ask for a Supervisor to call me back - they never do. I am TIRED of talking to agents that give me a different story and a different answer every time. I have recorded name and confirmation numbers but STILL I do not have my money back. There is no one to escalate an issue to, no phone number you can call, no website, email - NOTHING!! I am about to get a lawyer involved at this point. I am so dissatisfied with my experience with them. I am calling the state to formally complain as well. And I even have an agent to help and they can't get answers from their own company. VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER!!!

Signed up through marketplace to start insurance January 1, 2017. Made payment on time but can't access any services simply because they can't find my account!?! They found it when I had to make a payment. Cannot access web portal, it says information I entered is incorrect. Have not received any mail or information from them, it is already January 18 and nothing. I called customer service at least 6 times to solve the problem and to be able to use the service I PAID FOR, and nothing. They say they're going to update something and they never do anything. Two different calls, one person said I hadn't made the payment, the other person said they see my payment!?!? They took my money, don't let me use the service and don't care about resolving the issue. Sounds like a SCAM to me. Anyone know of any government agencies that can protect us from that? Maybe the police?

Florida Blue has been putting my payment on someone else accounts and then telling me I owe more money and they won't fix the issues. Since Obamacare they are the only insurance company I can go to in my area, so I am a disabled, senior and have no health insurance, cause they will not do their job.

Anything that can go wrong will. I've been double billed, had my automatic bill payments stop working and then unexpectedly lost coverage, had my plan suddenly disappear and they assigned me to another one not of my choice, etc. They're a perfect example of the insurance companies being shameless thieves who don't care about you. The worst. Prepare to discover their non-stop screwups and to spend hours on the phone on hold, only to resolve nothing.

We updated our policy and got a real good deal. Now we paid the first amount of 200 some dollars, but they still took 600 some dollars out for the old plan even though it was cancelled on December 16th. Took my wife approximately 6 hours on the phone!!! to get a refund approved. First they said they wouldn't refund us. Are you kidding me they made an error and I have to pay over 600$ for it? So now it will take about a month to get the refund??? What the heck?! It doesn't take a month to take my money but it takes a month to refund it?

So we are considering to put a class action lawsuit together since we been told by the market place that Florida Blue did that to a lot of people. They have to reimburse for the hassle and time spend on the phone and for the time I'm unwillingly go without over six hundred dollars that are mine and that I need. That was an unauthorized payment and illegal. Please comment here if you have the same problem and we created a Facebook group to plan the lawsuit, find a law firm etc...

I am disgusted by the performance of this company. I have been having health issues for months but had to cancel my previous insurance through the marketplace because I just could not afford a $14,500 deductible. I did this in June of 2016. Over a month ago I realized that my family has to have the coverage so I applied through the marketplace again, chose a plan and made my payment. I then went ahead and scheduled needed dr appointments for this month when I "thought" I should have coverage. I am still not covered and have been on the phone with various people for weeks and nobody seems to be able to tell me what the problem is. In the meantime the health of myself and my family is deteriorating. I am unable to get coverage after hours of holding on the phone, of being lied to that things will be fixed within a week... It's now the 14th and I still have no coverage and no answers as to why.

I try to get my family covered by another insurance company but there are NO OTHER CHOICES!!! This is the absolute worst company I have ever dealt with and I see why there are so many terrible things such as drug abuse in this state! NOBODY can get help! I had gone into the hospitals in the area with severe problems and was sent away without explanation. I cannot get any help and it's just making me worse with all of the stress and waiting. My daughter has been sick and unless I pay a dr for the appt. I can't help her. Yet so many other children are covered and helped. She is a straight A student and can't even get helped. So messed up.

Blue Cross of Florida Company Profile