Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates
1.42/5

Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates

93 Bankers Life & Casualty Life Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 27, 2019

I have worked with several I Insurance companies... and the experience I received from Bankers Life was inconsiderate and rude. I walked straight out of their office within 10 minutes of arriving due to the extremely rude management within. I would never chose to partner with such disrespectful individuals. Genuine service is what defines me and I did not receive that from Bankers Life.

Original review: July 25, 2019

Filled out their website form and no one contacted me for five days. Finally called and got the agent Victoria who promised to send Medicare quotes by Thursday, it was then Tuesday. Thursday has come and gone and no quote. Also they state they are only in the office on Mondays and Thursdays. Ludicrous. Are they retired? When you call their office after hours they say press O to leave a message and then it says invalid entry! They leave a customer service 800 number on their voicemail and when you call that you get their annuity department when I was inquiring about Medicare supplemental insurance for my Mom. They are unprofessional, very amateurish. Just a terrible experience. It has been a very long time since I have experienced customer service that is this bad. Stay away! I then went to Boomer benefits and spoke with Jana who was immensely helpful and knowledgeable so will be dealing with them.

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 26, 2019

My dad died in April and when I called Bankers they said, "Sorry for your loss but we can not do anything until we have a death certificate." Ok then after I had paid for everything. I got a death certificate that stated pending. Well Bankers still did not pay because they said it was not the finished report. So call the agent's supervisor and said, "Why can't your company pay the face value of policy? My other insurance companies did." And they were sorry we need a final report... They sure are a company sorry.

Now I get the report and it says my dad died "sudden cardiac death associated with solo motor vehicle crash". Now they said that is natural. They just don't want to out. This is the worst company ever. I paid lots of money every month for many years to this company for them not to pay. I will always tell people now don't ever do business with Bankers Life. They are very bad and dishonest. GOD will get the owner of this company for doing this to people.

Original review: May 19, 2019

Bankers Life and Casualty owes me refund from policy surrender. On May 13, 2019 I contacted Bankers Life and Casualty in order to have my policy canceled and money from policy sent to me. They looked everything up and confirmed the amount due to me. I told them I couldn't do the online form because I do not have a printer, so they transferred me to a woman who said that was ok. All I had to do is fax them a paper with my full name, policy number, refund amount, dated and signed in my own signature and an explanation of why I was writing to them. So I immediately faxed it to them. 6 days later they send me a form to fill out with the info I sent by fax 6 days sooner. I think it is a deliberate stall on their part. I have been a widow since I was 27 yrs old. I am 72 now. Policy was from 9 yrs ago. They had that info on file already and also info re: me being the only policyholder. I want my money.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Have to pay deductible, even though I have supplement insurance - Medigap ins. I didn't realize I would be charged for an office call even though I am putting out money for the deductible. I need to talk to my rep on this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bankers Life & Casualty Life Insurance?

Original review: March 22, 2019

We had an annuity with Bankers Life. We were told that we could increase our interest rate by switching to another investment. So for 4 years we sent them $4,000 a year only to find out after that 4 years that it was an insurance policy and that we were being charged $200.00 a month that was deducted from the 4,000 we had been sending yearly. Needless to say almost all our savings we had with them is GONE. We were completely misrepresented in this transaction. Yes we signed the papers, but we had total trust in our agent as our fiduciary to take care of our money. Never in a million years would we have knowingly purchased life insurance.

Original review: March 10, 2019

Recently purchased a life insurance policy for my husband and I. The agent was personable and knowledgeable and consulted us through our options. It was a comfortable and seamless process and we are happy to have the coverage we need and can afford with a strong company!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

This is my experience and opinion of Colonial Penn and Bankers Life insurance company. However it may have been just the salesman but I cannot see him doing such a thing unless there was personal profit for him to do such a thing. Then again I came back for a third time because it still would not post and it made me sign my name in a way that was extremely intimidating. Again, interesting. Wow! And again. 4 times now. Total Wow! On my fifth attempt to post this I had to answer another series of questions but I will keep doing it over and over till it posts or I have to just give up and find other creative ways to inform people about what I see. I am a computer expert. This was in my humble opinion purposely done to make most people quit trying??? I do not know?

My insurance man would not answer our question of how to make a payment after something started to make charges on our bank account and we just wanted to pay it with cash, money order, credit card, debit card, gold teeth, whatever. For over two days we tried to pay because the only option he told us was that there was only one way to pay, that all insurance companies have the same policy and that was that. So, for two days I tried emailing it, I tried it all. He said, over and over that the only way to pay was with an checking account draft period. His attitude was also so uncaring and arrogant so much that I disliked him intensely.

I told him that and he scolded me to the point that I apologized and continued to press on for the two days, so finally my partner got her best friend to use her account, signature and basically sign an agreement to be responsible for everything as if she was committing to a giant responsibility. So, anyway after the two days my partner who is sick and elderly made it to the office with her elderly friend's life signed over. When we made it to the insurance office and my partner went inside to give you her friend's information God told me to get the hell out of that car and stop her. I did. I went inside destroyed the paperwork and stopped it.

I ordered my partner to drop our policies and cut our losses because my gut told me your the level of dishonesty that was happening. Then I went back to our car and waited for my partner to get done talking to the lady who was at that Bankers Life office on Park Place Blvd in Clearwater that we were at. I had destroyed the possibility of payment so I did not care how long they talked. When my partner finally came out and to the car he told me the lady told her to just simply mail a money order. Need I say any more?

I own Tampa Bay Coupon Club and we have a following of over 3,000 Tampa Bay followers so I'm creating a special ad that exposes Bankers Life as well as Colonial Penn who I will also send a copies to various people within the organizations as well as yours to at least try to not have this buried by one of you trying to hide this complaint. All of Tampa Bay will be informed by the end of tomorrow and you can see how well I made this advertisement for you by going to: **. You will have no problem finding out all about me and who I am and my company from that website if you even care enough to go see it.

I posted this to our combined 11,000 followers on social media tonight on Facebook and Google but due to the nature of my advertising business I really need to design the website ad with lots of thought so that my maximum goal will be achieved without staining our website. If this makes you mad and you want to try and sue me then please do. I have everything documented where our insurance rep tried to cause us to be unable to pay and cause our policy to terminate stealing the two thousand or so we had invested over the past couple years. This is what it looks like to me and I can only imagine how many elderly and uneducated people you have robbed? I am sure we will never know.

By the time you read this over 11,000 people will have been sent this letter from all four of my employees which I am causing and accept responsibility for. I logged onto their accounts as I have permission to do and posted this without informing them so come after me, not them. I believe I will have it completed by tomorrows end so add another 3,000 people who are paying attention and pass the information on. The 11,0000 on social media will more than likely pass by it but not all of them. P.S. the agent's phone number is **. I do not have his name. (Just in case it was all his actions instead of on a corporate levels.)

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

My parents purchased a policy and paid for it for many years. At the time that they both became ill and we started trying to file claims with this company, there was always some loophole they would find in the policy as to why they wouldn’t pay. We never received one penny from this company, even though my parents paid on this policy for about 20 years. One example is they refused to pay for an ambulance ride from the hospital to a hospice facility. Said that wasn’t covered, but said they would pay for an ambulance ride from a hospice facility to the hospital. Of course they will pay for that because people don’t usually take an ambulance from a hospital facility back to the hospital. They are a scam, money takers, cold hearted, and will make you provide tons of documentation then only to say, "Sorry that’s not covered."

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

My mother purchased a long term care policy in 2002. She added my Dad to the policy. By 2006 they could no longer afford the premiums and they let the policy lapse. They had paid $11,000.00 in premiums. Both of my parents are now deceased. Prior to my Dad passing in January of 2019, he had told me to check this policy to see if there was any money in the policy. After he died I found the policy and I can't believe what they were sold. Based on what the policy covered I knew that she had been scammed.

She was 71 and Dad was 74 when the policy was issued. I vaguely remember when they got the policy. They told me that they had gotten this policy to protect their assets and to ensure that they would never be a financial burden to me and my family. After reviewing the policy I found that the coverage would barely pay 1/3 of the actual costs of long term care at a facility. My issues: 1) They were sold a policy that was not appropriate for their age. 2) The policy was unsustainable due to increasing premiums 3) The actual policy would not have covered the costs of long term care. In my opinion they were scammed out of $11,000.00.

Bankers Life & Casualty Life Insurance Company Information