Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates
  2. Finance
  3. Life Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.37/5

Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates

Bankers Life & Casualty Life Insurance Reviews

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I cancelled my insurance in Oct. effective Jan. In Jan. they still took out a payment from my autopay account and I have had all kinds of time invested in waiting for them to serve on on the phone and when they did they requested a copy of my new ins. And a letter signed by me sent to them. I photo copied the papers and wrote an response asked for to email the. No. I have to run around town to get copies made and hand mail it to them. I then asked for help from the phone person’s supervisor. I told him how unhappy I was. The response is the policy is this. I told him I was going to write a review here and now he agreed to let me email him personally and he will get it to the right person to refund my money. In this day and age, this is really backwards. I would not encourage anyone to use this company unless they update their technology and service.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

There is literally not enough room to tell you what all this company has put us through. Trying to get paid out CORRECTLY on a policy through them will not happen. The level of incompetency is absolutely astounding. I was told something different every time I called or was sent a letter concerning the policies. They got my policies confused, names incorrect. Told me I wasnt a beneficiary but a contingent, even though that person they said was a beneficiary had been removed. This is the most unprofessional, incompetent, disorganized company I have ever seen. Not to mention I sent out my Poa paperwork to them over and over during a 10 year period. They NEVER retained the info and applied it to my mothers policies. And that is just scratching the surface! Bankers has made my life hell and added stress that I shouldnt be dealing with after my mom passed!

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

The Bankers Life sales rep. Francisco G. sent me a letter regarding my future Medicare selections. Two days later he was at my front door wanting to know if I received his letter and if I wanted to do business. I said, "NO.. I hadn’t even had a chance to go thru the mailer he sent me two days ago." I sent him on his way. Two more days go by and he phones my home which has an unlisted number. I told him to quit harassing me or else. Really scary within a week I get a mailer, house call and then a phone call. If he ever shows or calls again... I will phone the police.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

We told the agent to please hold the paperwork until the beginning of December so we could make sure it was feasible for us, called him this past Monday. Told him not to tear up checks. He didn't now we are going to be almost $300 in the hole because he did it with our routing number instead of the check that was postdated for December 9th and took our money. He also did this to my elderly mother and she is almost $80 in the hole. They take advantage of people and take money that they were told not to process, so all in all they are not a reputable company to use.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

After receiving a call from our local Bankers Life Rep, we agreed to have them come to our house & explain about upcoming Medicare Enrollment period. Little did we know that actually all they were doing was giving us a sales pitch about needing another supplemental plan for a cancer policy, because according to them, medicare & BC/BS oF FLORIDA didn't pay for expensive chemo and radiation. After purchasing a plan to cover these expenses, I later investigated & found out that indeed Medicare & BC/BS DID pay these benefits. I called both of the agents as well as their local office in Clearwater, Fl & told them we wanted to opt out and to cancel our checks. All three of them wanted to come out again to talk to us, which we declined due to the previous 2 1/2 hrs wasted the other day.

My husband went to the bank to stop payment and was told we were the second complaint that week about Bankers Life! I also reported them to the state insurance commissioner, who said it would be their word against mine! So I guess it's OK to come into your home and lie straight to your face to sell an insurance policy....completely unhappy with this company and will NEVER recommend them to ANYBODY!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bankers Life & Casualty Life Insurance?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

One of their agents met with my father to discuss a Medigap insurance policy he needed. I was asked by my father to call to help him during the meeting because I live in Pasadena, CA, not in FL. I called and explained to the agent that 1) he has a financial advisor already, 2) that he only needed the medigap policy (no other sales efforts were requested at that time), 3) that the advisor my father has must review their proposal before he can sign up. My father agreed. She acted like she agreed also, so I got off the phone and back to work.

When I talked to my father later, he told me she collected a check from him for a "Cadillac" policy - before the advisor's review. And she scheduled another meeting for him to try to get him to change financial advisors. She told him she thought he was paying too much for his advisor. (His rates are discounted and fair in reality.) That claim was especially insulting to hear after she quoted him a medigap policy that would cost us $1200 more a year than the same policy from Anthem.

After talking to my dad, and at his request, I had told her he didn't want that policy, and that he didn't want the meeting and would not be attending. She ignored my text, email, and voicemails and continued pursuing my father's appointment, pretending not to understand why he wasn't there asking him to come in. She could have called me when she got my first email saying we were not taking that policy and I would have been happy to explain the reason why the advisor didn't recommend that policy - maybe should could have generated a new quote on a different plan and still gotten my father's business. Instead she ignored his family and tried to isolate him to twist him into other contracts that he didn't need or want. Her actions were unprofessional and shameful. I'm not a lawyer but they are probably illegal as well.

When I spoke to her office manager to complain, he apologized and said he would talk to her. Well, I just talked to my father and the agent came to his house since he stopped answering her calls, she is still simply ignoring our requests to stop soliciting him and she told him she just has his best interest at heart. How could she possibly say that when she doesn't even know the scope of work that my father's advisor does? And her insurance quote from Colonial Life was $100 more per month more than what Anthem quoted? That's $1200 more a year for the SAME coverage! Medigap plan coverage is the same from any provider.

What an utterly deceptive agent and office, if she talked to me on the phone with my father and acted like she was agreeing to wait for authorization and then tried to sell him things she knew he did not need and already has - why would she think we would trust her with our business? After I contacted them and told them to stop soliciting my father, the agent went to my father's house directly again today try to pressure sell him in person.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

**. Phone numbers. Cell phone **. Home Address **. Agent Mr. L. **, stopped handling the policy, and was turned over to office manager, Josha **, # **. I have yet to receive death settlement, due to lack of followup on getting medical report from a Dr **. I have submitted several medical release forms to them. They wanted me to get it, isn't that their job. Also a beneficiary was to be deleted from the policy, Mrs. Jessica ** (daughter), but for unknown reason, Mr ** cannot locate form, which Mr ** had filled out, but no one can find this. Still waiting on death settlement as of today 10/23/2019. They should be doing their job and and stop stalling, this office seems to mishandle customers problems, and pass them back to persons to do their job.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Even though my aunt told them that she decided not to purchase guaranteed income insurance, they won't stop calling. I will be her POA if something happens to her, so they came out a second time and I sat through their spiel. It was the next day that she told them she didn't feel comfortable buying their product. They now keep calling me as well. They want me to "convince" her to purchase their product.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

My mother has 3 policies with them. 2 money, and 1 home health. I have been her POA since 2009, and have sent them the POA paperwork 9 or 10 times and EVERY TIME I call they say, SORRY WE DONT HAVE YOU LISTED AS POA! This is the most DISORGANIZED company I have ever seen. I just sent it again this time CERTIFIED. I then call to confirm that I am listed as POA. She assures me yes. I then get a letter in the mail for only 2 of my mother's policies stating MY SISTER is the POA! I cannot believe a company can be so incapable of handling such an easy task. After reading these horror stories and knowing how this company operates I am scared for the day I will have to file a claim on these policies.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

Don't ever use this company or let a loved one use it. My mother paid into her long-term care policy with this company for 20 years and when she, as a result of finally being diagnosed with Alzheimer's and not quite understanding what she was doing, cancelled it, they refused to reinstate her. To be fair, they did not have a copy of the Power of Attorney which would have prompted them to check with me. Even after I provided a copy of the POA which had been in effect at the time my mother cancelled, they still refused to reinstate her. Bankers Life and Casualty has put my mother on Medicaid and there is no way we can afford the type of quality care she will need.

Bankers Life & Casualty Life Insurance Company Information