Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
1.07/5

Oakbrook Terrace, IL

American Access Casualty sells non-standard auto insurance policies and accepts international drivers licenses. American Access Casualty isn't an InsuraMatch partner. Call InsuraMatch to find a verified partner and get multiple insurance quotes at one time. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch

BOTTOM LINE

American Access Casualty Company (AACC) is an Illinois-based car insurance company offering non-standard coverage primarily to the Hispanic community. It operates in Illinois, Indiana, Nevada, Arizona and Texas with a license to expand to nine other states. It is ideal for high-risk drivers having a hard time getting car insurance.

PROS

• Roadside assistance
  • Rental reimbursement
  • Liability, collision and comprehensive coverages
  • Bilingual representatives
  • Coverage for international drivers and drivers who are unlicensed

CONS

• Some customers experienced a delay when contacting customer service
  • Claims processing times can vary

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

191 American Access Casualty Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 5, 2019

First advice for anyone reading the reviews of AACC - ignore any review which has more than 1 (one) star. Had an accident with person insured by this company. I'm in the month three of dealing with them. The accident was caused by driver insured by AACC - police report was made, clearly stating whose fault it was (not mine).

The accident occurred on 5 April. After calling them many times, and writing useless e-mails - they finally sent an assessor on April 24. That day was the last day I could drive my damaged car, and it stayed at the mechanic. The assessor had found amazing array of reasons (without any logic) to avoid accepting the obvious damages to my car and to write up only the cosmetic ones. He has found some "old damage" at the bottom of my car - and didn't wanted to recommend fixing my fender which was bent in the accident, claiming that was due to unrelated old damage (didn't know it even existed).

The fact that my fender was perfectly fine before the accident did not matter. So, on 24 April he concluded his assessment and I was expecting that AACC will call in car rental company to reserve a rental for me. That did not happened. So - I rented on my own - at the insurance rate (tried to be fair). They are covering only 20 USD/day. And then the waiting game continued. Waiting for the approval by someone in AACC of the assessment. SO I have called and called and wrote e-mails few days apart - no response, no decision. What they did tried to do - is to make ME obtain a police report (pay the fee, go physically to police and send them over the report), and write up a claim. Finally, I have lost my patience and decided to seek legal support. Only then did they responded by approving the damage coverage but w/o fixing the fender and wheels alignment.

It was 15 May when the approval was communicated to me, and they booked the rental. I was instructed to return the car I've rented in Enterprise and go to Hertz and pick up the car there. By then - the rental has costed me 950 USD. It took another two weeks for check to reach me and I have finally got my car back on 28 May.

Then, the rental reimbursement battle begun. They don't want to cover all days I had rental - only those from the date they have reserved a rental. They don't acknowledge that their assessor inspected my disassembled car on 24 April and it took them 23 days to approve fixing of the damages. With them covering only 20 USD/day of rental, and not covering all the damages on my car, AND being very rude in communication and completely non-present to answer the calls and respond to e-mails - not it is a matter of principle. I have told them if they don't do a fair job - it will cost them three times more than it would otherwise. The lawsuit is about to include medical bills, uncovered rental, unreasonable delays in processing causing my own business to suffer.

All in all - I cannot believe that such insurance company is allowed to operate. But - it is a cheap insurance, marketed to low income population. And my advice to them is - stay away from them! While you may have a low rate - if the issue occurs, you will be in a very big problem. The other person involved in this accident had front right wheel broken. I can only imagine how little help will they have. I'd say - AACC are vultures and un-ethical non-professional group of scammers.

Original review: May 29, 2019

There is a person a person name is Daisy **. She is a adjuster that thinks that the people need to be waiting for her and is very rude and expects people people to be nice when she is rude. She needs to do her job efficient and fast. People pay for a service that is not free and because of the people that pay deserve more respect from this adjuster. Don't expect the people to be polite if you are not. This also is the supervisor the manages the this person or division. This person work at Downers Grove IL and should not work at any insurance company. Very poor people and ethic relations. Will not refer this company to nobody. This is a triple fff company.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2019

We own an auto paint and body shop in Texas and have recently repairs two vehicle that were paid for by American Access. In both cases, the appraiser was almost impossible to reach and took 7 to 14 to handle supplements and the adjuster did not pay the supplements until we repeatedly contacted them letting them know that all the repairs were complete and no vehicle would be released without payment. In our twenty years of doing business with insurance companies, American Access Casualty has the absolute worst to deal with even for our customers.

Original review: April 15, 2019

They are not going to pay for for claims put in. I own a 2018 Toyota Camry and they took the tires and rim. I did everything I was supposed to do but this insurance company didn't do anything but lie each time I call. It's been over a month and still have not received any kind of help. Good thing I could rent tires otherwise they would have towed my car waiting for them to honor the claim I filed. So don't waste your time with this company 'cause all they will do is lie to you. This company is affiliated with Amtex insurance so let me know if any one know a good lawyer.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I was rear-ended by their insured and they claimed I was 50% at fault. I took their insured to small claims and got a judgment because their insured told the judge she was 100% at fault for the accident. American Access flat out lied about the insured claiming I somehow helped cause the accident. They also said that their insured did not ask for defense for the claim I filed against her.

The judge asked her if she asked for her insurance company to be there and she said she did and no one showed up to defend her. So they refuse to pay on the claim at all because they say their client did not ask for their help. I cannot understand how insurance companies like this can still be allowed to keep their doors opened. I had nothing to do with this and am the one having to pay for my medical and I was out of work for a couple weeks and my car was totaled.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Access Casualty?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Do not get involved in a hit and run with a customer of this insurance! It doesn't matter if you have a police report. They don't care. Just because their customer claim "he wasn't involved". The company won't pay and take over a month to response or follow with you. The other person who hit me left me on the freeway unable to move and they denied the claim. This company has no customer service whatsoever.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I was involved in a motor vehicle accident in October 2018, less than 3 months after purchasing my 2018 Honda HRV. The right front of my HRV was heavily damaged. I have been passed around from one adjuster to another, I was shorted on what I should have received for the rental car I had to have, and now I have been battling trying to get my diminished value claim paid. Without the help of Iris ** in your litigation department, who I was familiar with due to the law firm I worked with represented your insureds, I would not have gotten anything handled. My overall experience with American Access has been horrendous. I want the remaining monies for my rental and my diminished value claim paid up before the end of February 2019. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I hit a deer on 11/2/18 and just now got my vehicle back 12/11/18. They had my car towed to 3 different places and 2 states. I called relentlessly and finally was able to get my car back after driving an hour and a half away. I want sure that the vehicle I picked up was even mine. It was not fixed properly and had damage to the vehicle that was not there before the accident. The work that was done to my vehicle is so shotty and cheap. I took photos and sent them to American Access only for them to say they weren't going to make it right. I have had insurance through this company for 7 years and carried full coverage, first claim ever, and this is what I get? According to other’s experiences, I am not the only person this has happened to. Their Google reviews are just as bad. I am also making a claim with BBB.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

It has been a week now and AACC has done nothing to repair the damages their client did to my car. Not only have they tried to nickel and dime me for the damages - they had the nerve to ask me to pay out of pocket for a rental car. I have been calling AACC all week to get everything resolved and NOTHING! The person who has been giving me the runaround is Genevieve ** and her supervisor is Chris **.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

On October 9, 2018 an insured of American Access Insurance Co. sideswiped my car in a shopping center parking lot. The driver was a 16 yr. old girl driving with a permit. Her mother, who doesn't speak English, was in the passenger seat. I took down all information and took a picture of her permit and her insurance paper. They didn't have an insurance card. Both parents and both of their cars were listed on the paper. It is my understanding that those driving with a permit do not need to be listed on the policy. The driver apologized. I IMMEDIATELY called American Access and gave a recorded incident report. I was told that I would hear from an adjuster within 24/48 hrs. I heard nothing.

I called daily and, a week later, received a form to complete. I was informed it was still under investigation since the driver wasn't on the policy and they were unable to reach the insured. I was told to get a damage estimate at a body shop of their choice. I did that immediately. The collision company informed me that Access Casualty doesn't have good reviews. I'm beginning to see why. I continued to call the adjuster to no avail. Fortunately, I am able to drive my car, but it is still damaged. If I wasn't able to drive it, I'm assuming I'd also be paying for a rental car this entire month! On October 24, I received another letter, still no callbacks, telling me that the incident is still under investigation since they still can't reach their insured.

I find this difficult to believe, that after a month, they still can't find the insured. I was also told that if they can't contact them that they will cancel their policy and I will literally be stuck! I took a picture of their insurance paper and it states the policy is in effect until 3/8/19. It lists their address, vehicle Id, and license plate number. I do not understand why they are unable to contact them. I've read other reviews and see that there have been similar problems with being told that their insured can't be reached.

I reported the accident within the hour. I received one estimate within a week. I have continually called the company with no calls returned. I feel a month is a reasonable amount of time to investigate the accident and provide me with payment to have my 1 year old car repaired. I also think it reasonable to keep me updated on progress or lack of. I also feel that since the policy is in effect until March, 2019 the people were insured at the time of the accident. I have a picture of the driver's permit, the policy, and damages to my car.

If you are interested in seeing any of those, I can readily provide them. The adjuster's name is Tirza **. This is very upsetting to me since I have done everything I'm suppose to do including trying to maintain communication with the company and my only responses have been an occasional form letter. Please let me know if you require any further information. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I got rear ended and the hit made me hit the car in front. My front end was all damaged. They said that they are only liable for the rear only. I just wanted my car to be fixed how it was originally. Customer service sucks. Very Rude. Tirza ** at ** is not very professional. Next time I rather call a lawyer first before dealing with this company.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I had an accident caused by the rain when I was making a turn going southbound and I slipped and hit a curve, nothing major, broke my wheel, axle, etc.. They had changed my title to "salvage" without telling me FIRST or else I wouldn't have kept the car. I was carless for about a month or so. When I would call and call to contact the agency and reach my agent, my calls would always go to her voicemails, never answer me, never returned my calls... so unprofessional. Not only that, but I come to find out that they wrote a report about me saying I was driving while intoxicated WHEN I WASN'T EVEN DRIVING THE CAR!!! NO proof whatsoever. RECONSIDER before having them as your insurance.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I had to deal with this company because one of their insured driver hit to my car which cause my car total loss. It's been more than two week without my car. Try to hold one of their agent (Daniel **) over two week. Give him call. Never answer or return phone call. Finally I am going with my lawyer to lawsuit them. For my advice who facing this kind of garbage insurance company go with your attorney.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

This company will give you the complete runaround and change your policy amount each month! I went from paying $203 to $238, to $248 to $289, all because of agents giving me the incorrect information. My policy increased each month due to “equity.” I have been misinformed of due dates by several agents and when calling to make a payment told that I have to pay more because my policy needs to be reinstated. I am not sure if the customer service and underwriting department is simply ignorant or trying to get more money for the company. One representative in particular by the name of Hannah is beyond rude and nasty and over talks you to get her point across regardless of the situation you are trying to explain. Save your time and energy and go with a more reliable company. God forbid an accident occurs. It would be a nightmare to see how that would be handled.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Echoing many other people on here, I was rear ended by a person who has a policy through American Access Casualty. I called the agency that issued the policy and was told to call the company, which I did. After being on hold for over ten minutes, and explaining what happened, I was told 'hang on a minute' and I heard the phone begin ringing again. Great, they're going to transfer me to another person that I'll have to re explain the whole situation to... nope. They transferred me to the same girl at the insurance agency that I had talked to initially, who again said it's up the company to handle the claim. I don't have time to mess with this company, I'll go to Small Claims on the driver and let her duke it out with her faux insurance company.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I am dealing with an accident caused by this insurance company's driver and they are FAR from helpful during the whole process. Their driver hit me and I am the one that has been majorly inconvenienced because their claims adjuster doesn't want to offer his assistance. It has been like pulling teeth trying to get them to cooperate and do the right thing because let's not forget, they are the ones who insured this person who hit me. The damage on my vehicle is so significant that I will be out of a vehicle for 5 days while it is being fixed; they only offer a rate of $20.99/day for a rental and it has to be through Hertz.

I hope the auto shop you go to is within distance of a Hertz or it's going to be even more of a hassle. The claims adjuster first offered to set up my reservation for me then changed his tune by telling me I need to make the reservation, which is a prime example of how UNHELPFUL this company is and how lazy their claims adjusters are. The sad part is you have no control over the insurance company another driver goes through, I just hope if you ever are involved in car accident that you don't get stuck dealing with this insurance company. Overall, terrible experience; they should be ashamed of themselves for making it even harder on someone who was not at fault but their driver was.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I was in a flood so I called to make a claim and they came and towed my car to a scrap yard to see if it was repairable (I thought that was odd). I had to keep calling them to get an update, they finally told me it's going to be considered a total loss. I keep calling the insurance company to see what's going to happen now and I'm getting the runaround, no one will answer the phone. I keep leaving voice messages and don't get a call back. I finally got through to someone and they told me everyone has left for the weekend so my option is to be transferred to a voice mailbox and leave a message and someone will call me back within 48 hours. I'm so upset, I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

After being rear ended while at a red light with a police officer in front of me and filed the report and the insured taking full liability, it still took well over a week and a half for the claims department to finally return my phone calls. I got the runaround about a claims adjuster notifying me with 24-48 hrs (which seems to be the norm for this disgusting company). I called once again which I lost count of and was extremely surprised to actually talk to a person. I threatened with a lawsuit and it still took an additional week for him to contact us.

After 3 days I received his appraisal of the damage and it was a joke. $230 in damages! My rear bumper was barely hanging on, lights broken, dual exhaust separated from muffler (that was just the damage I could visually see and didn't include if any structural damage to the frame or under carriage) and this clown said I would be responsible for any other amount, plus was directed to take it to only their recommended repair facility. After reading the comments about this company on here, I've decided to file a claim with my insurance and let them sue this despicable excuse for an insurance company!

Original review: July 23, 2018

While sitting at a red light my car was rear-ended by a driver insured by American Access Casualty Company. American Access Casualty refuses to return calls, and on the rare occasions when I actually get someone to answer their response is that they cannot move forward with the claim until they get a statement from their insured. Based on the online complaints about this firm this appears to be how they routinely deny responsibility for damages. I'll be filing a complaint with the Texas Department of Insurance, BBB, and anyone else I can to that hopefully this firm can be dealt with accordingly.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I got in an accident on May 4th, it's June 22nd and I still can't get them to call me back to set up the rental car. I had to email and call over and over again, just to get an appointment to know which body shop to take it to. The agent Sandra **, was on vacation, so no one else can do her job while she is gone? She gets back and was not very nice on the phone, gave me the runaround. After reading all the paperwork I send, she finally tells, "Yes. You do have everything we need." But I still can't get my car in to get fixed, because she won't call or email the information about the rental car... Why do you work if you don't want to do your job? Wait, it's all about the money.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I can't believe I didn't check their reviews before!!! Would of made it much easier for me instead of dealing with their ignorance! I had spoke to one of their agents a week ago and long story short he told me I had until today to renew my policy. I call in today to make my payment and young lady tells me I'm cancelled. I cant renew! That I have to open up a new policy... All they want is your $. I'm guessing they didn't want to give my 2014 RATE... Thank God I never had any type of accident. I could just imagine the headache I would have gone through with their bad BAD service! And if I could I wouldn't even give them 1 star... but I have to pick one. Smh.

Original review: May 3, 2018

American Access Casualty Insurance - Horrible experience to repair my car and no proper updates after raising a claim. One of their insured person came and hit my car with fault at his side. I raised a claim on 16/Apr/2018 and till today I haven't received any updates from so called "Adjuster". This company providing insurance to non-licensed drivers and creating an issue to all legal or proper person's life. They should be immediately punished and throw them out of this business.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Got hit by a guy who had this insurance. Took it to the body shop they told me to. The claim rotted on the adjuster's desk about two weeks so they said they would pay all car rental charges. This was a relatively simple repair which took a month to complete. When I took car back to rental agency I got a claim ticket for reimbursement from AAC. I faxed the claim ticket to ACC 3 weeks ago. Surprise-no check yet. So now I am contacting Texas Dept. of Insurance to "put the dogs on 'em". Oh and the last time they answered their phone or called me back Jesus was in the 3rd grade!

Original review: April 25, 2018

I was rear-ended April 10, 2018. Called them to start a claim. Took my SUV to their "required" body shop (what a joke of an estimate process from them). It's been more than 2 weeks since the accident and the adjuster won't call me back. I've called daily for the past week. I'm done with them and now getting my insurance to handle it.

Original review: April 23, 2018

My husband's car was hit from behind. The policy holder who caused the accident is a customer of American Access Casualty Company. This insurance company did not even bother to take care of the claim. Their excuse was that they could not find or contact the policy holder. It is sad that we work hard for our things so someone else can come and ruin them. Then not be held responsible. It is sad that these type of insurance companies exist.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I had an accident. My fault and I had nonowners ins. I was driving my mother's car with her in the car because I was taking her to a minor emergency because she wasn't feeling well enough to drive. So the insurance denied the claim because it was my mother's car. Now this is the clause for their denial of coverage "p. “Non-owned automobile” means a private passenger farm, or utility automobile not owned by, or furnished for the “regular use” of “you”, a “family member” or “resident relative”, other than a “temporary substitute automobile”, while said automobile is in “your” possession or custody.

Now I contend that the sentence after "other than" should verify my claim. Temporary substitute. I was only driving her car because I couldn't drive her on my motorcycle. She is 75 yrs old. In any case they won't even consider that they might be wrong. Also they were rude and very short with me and now I have to come out of pocket for mother's car and the vehicle I hit. They are the sorriest company out there but I'M stuck till my policy runs out. Never ever go with a company until you research thoroughly. Thanks.

Resolution response: April 17, 2018

Soon after writing this review I received a call from the adjuster. I was told the claim is being denied because the driver was not on the policy. Unless the driver was excluded, this should have been honored. Anyways, I'm leaving this as 1 star due to the length of time and numerous calls to receive the answer.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I started a claim with AAC on 4/6/2018 after being backed into by one of their insured. I have not received a single update. I have called the adjuster several times and left messages. This has been a horrible experience.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I put my claim in 03/17/18 & they are not handling my claim properly. My phone calls & emails go unanswered. I constantly have to call over & over to get an update. I filled out my POA form & sent back on 03/29/18 & was just advised 04/03/18 that I had to refill it out again. Documents were supposed to have been sent to my lienholder on 03/29/18 & they never received them. Just found out 04/03/18 they supposedly sent to wrong email & advised they would be sent again yesterday but my lienholder has still yet to receive them. I'm a very unhappy unsatisfied customer with how this process is being handled for my claim. This is unacceptable.

Original review: April 2, 2018

My husband and I have been with them for two years, paying for full coverage insurance for two vehicles. Unfortunately we didn’t do our research and learned how horrible these people really are when I was in a car accident. I had to call them everyday for about a month trying to reach them before they finally told me my car was a loss and there was nothing they were going to do to compensate. To make a long story short, if you’re looking for car insurance, stay far away from these people. I wish I could give them 0 stars.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I got into an accident with one of their customers on Sept of 2017. They ran a red light and turned in front of me. I turned the wheel to avoid them and got on the median, which ruined the tire and forced me to turned back on the road, hitting my front right of the car on theirs. The damage is not significant and I could barely feel there was even contact, but sure was small indentation. She apologized because she was teaching someone to drive, and gave me her insurance card (I took pictures of it). I filed claim with American access and after a couple hours on the phone, more than once, I finally got someone who initiated the claim and asked me to submit pictures of the damage (which I did).

I received a call about a week later from the adjuster Jorge (george) ** asking to call him back to ask questions. I must have called 25 times, and every time it went straight to his voicemail, but he wouldn't return the call. On Nov 16 he called again during work hours, and of course I missed the call being at work. In his message he stated that the insured left him a message denying feeling guilty and that she said there was no contact between cars, but that he would contact her again to ask her for clarification. It is now March 21st 2018, and I have called the adjuster over 20 times asking for an update and I have not heard anything since the November call. I have contacted AA and they gave me the supervisor's name. I have called her and left messages 3 times with no response.

At this point, I don't know what to do other than keep calling and complaining, but considering the length of time, I would be surprise if they resolve the issue at all. They will likely just say they won't pay because their insured said it wasn't her fault. Even though, why would she give me her insurance card if she did not feel at fault?

American Access Casualty Company Information