Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates
1.07/5

Oakbrook Terrace, IL

American Access Casualty sells non-standard auto insurance policies and accepts international drivers licenses. American Access Casualty isn't an InsuraMatch partner. Call InsuraMatch to find a verified partner and get multiple insurance quotes at one time. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch

BOTTOM LINE

American Access Casualty Company (AACC) is an Illinois-based car insurance company offering non-standard coverage primarily to the Hispanic community. It operates in Illinois, Indiana, Nevada, Arizona and Texas with a license to expand to nine other states. It is ideal for high-risk drivers having a hard time getting car insurance.

PROS

• Roadside assistance
  • Rental reimbursement
  • Liability, collision and comprehensive coverages
  • Bilingual representatives
  • Coverage for international drivers and drivers who are unlicensed

CONS

• Some customers experienced a delay when contacting customer service
  • Claims processing times can vary

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

American Access Casualty Reviews

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

On thanksgiving night headed home. I was at a stop waiting to cross the road. It was snowing pretty good. Two or three cars turned the corner without any problems. Out of the corner of my eye I see this car barreling around the corner and slams into my truck destroying driver's door and cab door. She of Latin decent gets out and says her wheels wouldn't turn. That's because she was going way too fast in the snow to turn a sharp corner. She gives me her insurance card and of coarse it's out dated. She admits to my adjuster she was too fast around the corner. Now I'm dealing with this adjuster from American Access and she's a real winner. I have one car. I tell her she or the company they need to rent me a car. "Oh no, no, no. You rent it and we will pay you back." WRONG. Jack your company is responsible for renting me a car. I don't have the funds. I'm busy as heck and need a car to go to work.

On top of that I go to an autobody shop. Tell them the quote to fix my truck and they that price is for used doors. No, no, no. I want new door. So this Company and its CEO are a crox of crap and have know business in the Insurance game whatsoever. Called an attorney and the Board of Insurance and filed a complaint. Haven't been in an accident in forty years. Should have listened to my adjuster and paid my deductible and would be way ahead of the game. Merry FFn Xmas to me. Stand by American Access. The Games have just begun. I promise

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

In July 26th my car was in a flood. I towed my 2014 Dodge Journey to dealership where they determined motor broke due to water damage. We are in Dec. And they keep declining my claim stating it's not water damage. Dealership stands its ground that it's water damage but insurance keep saying it's not. And here we are stuck with no vehicle. We filed a complaint with the Texas.gov tdi. Now waiting on a outcome.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

This jerk (who only spoke Spanish) backed into my car on 7/20/19, It occurred in the Jewel-Osco parking lot on Elmhurst Road in Des Plaines, IL. Would you believe this "accident" has still not been resolved? His agent (someone named Kari) insists I have to call her, because (he is giving a different version of what happened that I gave.) Does not surprise me at all! Just read the other reviews of people who have been forced to deal with this outfit! First, he hands me an outdated insurance card for this outfit. I wrote everything down for him--he did nothing but stand there talking in Spanish. I reported the accident to State Farm Corporate that evening after it happened.

It's now three (3) months later! His contact person (Kari) keeps contacting me after I completed a ridiculously-long questionnaire as to what exactly had happened during this accident. Now, she either calls my State Farm agent in Arlington Heights, IL--who tell me I have to call them! Or she has called my cell phone. I have done all of the work in this horrible mess. As far as I am concerned, there is nothing more to discuss. This jerk has obviously now changed his story. He is a liar. Not only lie about not reporting it, he did report it. What is he going to lie about next?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I was rear ended by one of their insureds while my car was sitting still on I35 on 9/3/2019. Sent photos from the scene the very next day, I was then told they had to speak to their driver before deciding liability. The next call I received was from an Appraiser on 9/9 asking where the vehicle was located. I had already emailed the adjuster the day after the accident of its location. I called her back yesterday to ask when it would be looked at so that repairs can begin and she advised for ME to call them. I left a message for the appraiser on 9/11, did not hear back from them so I called them back again and they advised someone else was assigned and would be looking at it.

When I called the new person their voicemail said they were out of the ofc from 9/9 - 9/16!!! I called the adjuster who advised that is the only person who can look at it!!! So now the car will sit until Monday the 16th!!! DO NOT USE this insurance co or adjuster as their lack of follow up and care about their job as adjusters is pathetic.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Was rear-ended at the car wash and customer service was terrible and whole process took forever. I would never want this company as my insurance! They were rude on the phone and in email. Also, after my car was hit they wouldn't even process a depreciation claim worth more than $100.00! Just a joke of a company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Access Casualty?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

This morning I was hit by an insured driver of AAC. After reading these horrendous reviews I hope this is not my case. I filed my claim today and will give them the benefit of doubt. Will keep you all posted. So far the customer service rep was rude and laughed during her questionnaire while I was still shaken up by the 3 car accident I was involved in.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I was in a car accident about a month ago. Even though I was at fault, I did everything I had to do. Well, let me tell you this so call "insurance company" is the worst of the worst. If I could give them no stars, I would. My adjuster, Patricia **, never called to tell me that the estimator Kristin ** had seen my car and had an estimate. I found out by calling Fredy Kia that the appraisal was ready. I then on the appraisal report that the Ms. ** was planning on approving an aftermarket hood on my 2018 Toyota Camry. I was livid because my car is not old. I called Patricia voicing my concerned and she did not listen to my concern. She just kept talking that it was the company's policy.

I spoke to the supervisor, George, he told me that my car was "old," therefore, they could not give me the original hood. I proceeded to have my car fixed at another body shop that has no contract with American Access. Well, it's been about 2 weeks since I moved my car and my car is still not getting repaired because they have not been able to contact the Ms. ** for supplemental estimates. I had to call once again and speak to my adjuster regarding this whole ordeal. I would NEVER EVER recommend this insurance to anyone. RUNAWAY from this so call insurance. Very incompetent and unprofessional individuals who think they run this "company."

Original review: June 26, 2019

First advice for anyone reading the reviews of AACC - ignore any review which has more than 1 (one) star. Had an accident with person insured by this company. I'm in the month four of dealing with them. The accident was caused by driver insured by AACC - police report was made, clearly stating whose fault it was (not mine). Every time I call no one answer. I leave messages no one return any phone calls. I call and talk with the customer service. Tell them I want to talk with the manager. They said no. I am not allowed to talk to the manager. I have been calling the past four month leaving messages and they said I have to leave another one and if no one has call me back in 2 days, they can transfer me to the supervisor. When I call back in two days they said I have to wait another two day. That's what they have been doing to me.

One time the customer service transfer me to the adjuster. She said she has been trying to get ahold of the insured but she couldn't. I told her, "Can you try right now." She did and the insured answer the phone and instead she talked to him. She told me he was at work and she couldn't disturb him. Now I am stuck paying the bank and I have no car to drive. I don't know what to do?

Original review: June 5, 2019

First advice for anyone reading the reviews of AACC - ignore any review which has more than 1 (one) star. Had an accident with person insured by this company. I'm in the month three of dealing with them. The accident was caused by driver insured by AACC - police report was made, clearly stating whose fault it was (not mine).

The accident occurred on 5 April. After calling them many times, and writing useless e-mails - they finally sent an assessor on April 24. That day was the last day I could drive my damaged car, and it stayed at the mechanic. The assessor had found amazing array of reasons (without any logic) to avoid accepting the obvious damages to my car and to write up only the cosmetic ones. He has found some "old damage" at the bottom of my car - and didn't wanted to recommend fixing my fender which was bent in the accident, claiming that was due to unrelated old damage (didn't know it even existed).

The fact that my fender was perfectly fine before the accident did not matter. So, on 24 April he concluded his assessment and I was expecting that AACC will call in car rental company to reserve a rental for me. That did not happened. So - I rented on my own - at the insurance rate (tried to be fair). They are covering only 20 USD/day. And then the waiting game continued. Waiting for the approval by someone in AACC of the assessment. SO I have called and called and wrote e-mails few days apart - no response, no decision. What they did tried to do - is to make ME obtain a police report (pay the fee, go physically to police and send them over the report), and write up a claim. Finally, I have lost my patience and decided to seek legal support. Only then did they responded by approving the damage coverage but w/o fixing the fender and wheels alignment.

It was 15 May when the approval was communicated to me, and they booked the rental. I was instructed to return the car I've rented in Enterprise and go to Hertz and pick up the car there. By then - the rental has costed me 950 USD. It took another two weeks for check to reach me and I have finally got my car back on 28 May.

Then, the rental reimbursement battle begun. They don't want to cover all days I had rental - only those from the date they have reserved a rental. They don't acknowledge that their assessor inspected my disassembled car on 24 April and it took them 23 days to approve fixing of the damages. With them covering only 20 USD/day of rental, and not covering all the damages on my car, AND being very rude in communication and completely non-present to answer the calls and respond to e-mails - not it is a matter of principle. I have told them if they don't do a fair job - it will cost them three times more than it would otherwise. The lawsuit is about to include medical bills, uncovered rental, unreasonable delays in processing causing my own business to suffer.

All in all - I cannot believe that such insurance company is allowed to operate. But - it is a cheap insurance, marketed to low income population. And my advice to them is - stay away from them! While you may have a low rate - if the issue occurs, you will be in a very big problem. The other person involved in this accident had front right wheel broken. I can only imagine how little help will they have. I'd say - AACC are vultures and un-ethical non-professional group of scammers.

Original review: May 29, 2019

There is a person a person name is Daisy **. She is a adjuster that thinks that the people need to be waiting for her and is very rude and expects people people to be nice when she is rude. She needs to do her job efficient and fast. People pay for a service that is not free and because of the people that pay deserve more respect from this adjuster. Don't expect the people to be polite if you are not. This also is the supervisor the manages the this person or division. This person work at Downers Grove IL and should not work at any insurance company. Very poor people and ethic relations. Will not refer this company to nobody. This is a triple fff company.

American Access Casualty Company Information