2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.07/5

American Access Casualty Company (AACC) sells nonstandard auto insurance policies to high-risk drivers. It accepts international driver’s licenses, employs bilingual agents and offers affordable and flexible payment options. American Access Casualty’s coverage is available in Illinois, Indiana, Nevada, Arizona and Texas, and the company is currently expanding.

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

American Access Casualty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Access Casualty?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Access Casualty?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I am now seeing the horrible reviews for this company are valid. My vehicle was hit by a driver insured by this company on November 17. The driver went straight In the turn on lane as I was in the turning lane to the right of him. He hit the side of my vehicle, smashed my door with is ne unable to be opened from the inside.. My daughter hit her head and shoulder as the vehicle slammed into my car. I sent photos in as requested the 1st day a week later. There is no communication from the claims adjuster, phone calls and messages to the claims adjuster are not returned, text message are replied from the claims adjuster "I will call you you shortly" with no call backs.

I contacted the company to schedule an appointment for appraisal which is an option on their automated system. Wait for 30 minutes to have someone pick up. Ask for my claim number and transfer me to the claims adjusters (Arlene **) voicemail. So I have had a damaged car for a week and incompetence. Had I filed with my insurance company I would've had my vehicle inspected the next business day, a rental vehicle and competent, courteous professionals who are available to do their job. Unfortunately I am now learning this company has a reputation for this. I want my vehicle repaired!

Original review: April 1, 2020

My vehicle 2017 Suburu (mostly driven by daughter Samantha) was parked on private parking lot by condo's apartment. Mr. ** operated a red pickup truck (insured by American Access) struck my parked vehicle. Initially, Mr. ** related he wants to pay for damage caused and asked to get estimate. After I got estimate ($1,600) Mr. ** related he doesn't have that much money and needs to file claim with his insurance. Mr. ** did indeed file claim and I was given claim # **. I contacted American Access adjuster (Daisy **) and provided all the information she asked for in relation to this claim.

Week later I receive a letter stating, "coverage cannot be extended for loss" "due to vehicle being used for business". I called several times and left messages to call back on voice mail but never received a call back. Finally, few days later I got a hold of adjuster (Daisy **) and asked to provide a proof of her decision to deny claim. She refused to provide any explanation to her denial and kept saying to refer to letter. (Couldn't provide no business name, no business type info, no business license) but she did denied claim due to vehicle used for business. Mr. ** pickup truck also did not have any business markings on. I truly believe this business engages in unethical conduct of selling policies to mostly poor people around Chicagoland but does not intend to pay for repairs as stated in policy. Worst customers service.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

On thanksgiving night headed home. I was at a stop waiting to cross the road. It was snowing pretty good. Two or three cars turned the corner without any problems. Out of the corner of my eye I see this car barreling around the corner and slams into my truck destroying driver's door and cab door. She of Latin decent gets out and says her wheels wouldn't turn. That's because she was going way too fast in the snow to turn a sharp corner. She gives me her insurance card and of coarse it's out dated. She admits to my adjuster she was too fast around the corner. Now I'm dealing with this adjuster from American Access and she's a real winner. I have one car. I tell her she or the company they need to rent me a car. "Oh no, no, no. You rent it and we will pay you back." WRONG. Jack your company is responsible for renting me a car. I don't have the funds. I'm busy as heck and need a car to go to work.

On top of that I go to an autobody shop. Tell them the quote to fix my truck and they that price is for used doors. No, no, no. I want new door. So this Company and its CEO are a crox of crap and have know business in the Insurance game whatsoever. Called an attorney and the Board of Insurance and filed a complaint. Haven't been in an accident in forty years. Should have listened to my adjuster and paid my deductible and would be way ahead of the game. Merry FFn Xmas to me. Stand by American Access. The Games have just begun. I promise

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

In July 26th my car was in a flood. I towed my 2014 Dodge Journey to dealership where they determined motor broke due to water damage. We are in Dec. And they keep declining my claim stating it's not water damage. Dealership stands its ground that it's water damage but insurance keep saying it's not. And here we are stuck with no vehicle. We filed a complaint with the Texas.gov tdi. Now waiting on a outcome.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

This jerk (who only spoke Spanish) backed into my car on 7/20/19, It occurred in the Jewel-Osco parking lot on Elmhurst Road in Des Plaines, IL. Would you believe this "accident" has still not been resolved? His agent (someone named Kari) insists I have to call her, because (he is giving a different version of what happened that I gave.) Does not surprise me at all! Just read the other reviews of people who have been forced to deal with this outfit! First, he hands me an outdated insurance card for this outfit. I wrote everything down for him--he did nothing but stand there talking in Spanish. I reported the accident to State Farm Corporate that evening after it happened.

It's now three (3) months later! His contact person (Kari) keeps contacting me after I completed a ridiculously-long questionnaire as to what exactly had happened during this accident. Now, she either calls my State Farm agent in Arlington Heights, IL--who tell me I have to call them! Or she has called my cell phone. I have done all of the work in this horrible mess. As far as I am concerned, there is nothing more to discuss. This jerk has obviously now changed his story. He is a liar. Not only lie about not reporting it, he did report it. What is he going to lie about next?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I was rear ended by one of their insureds while my car was sitting still on I35 on 9/3/2019. Sent photos from the scene the very next day, I was then told they had to speak to their driver before deciding liability. The next call I received was from an Appraiser on 9/9 asking where the vehicle was located. I had already emailed the adjuster the day after the accident of its location. I called her back yesterday to ask when it would be looked at so that repairs can begin and she advised for ME to call them. I left a message for the appraiser on 9/11, did not hear back from them so I called them back again and they advised someone else was assigned and would be looking at it.

When I called the new person their voicemail said they were out of the ofc from 9/9 - 9/16!!! I called the adjuster who advised that is the only person who can look at it!!! So now the car will sit until Monday the 16th!!! DO NOT USE this insurance co or adjuster as their lack of follow up and care about their job as adjusters is pathetic.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Was rear-ended at the car wash and customer service was terrible and whole process took forever. I would never want this company as my insurance! They were rude on the phone and in email. Also, after my car was hit they wouldn't even process a depreciation claim worth more than $100.00! Just a joke of a company.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

This morning I was hit by an insured driver of AAC. After reading these horrendous reviews I hope this is not my case. I filed my claim today and will give them the benefit of doubt. Will keep you all posted. So far the customer service rep was rude and laughed during her questionnaire while I was still shaken up by the 3 car accident I was involved in.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I was in a car accident about a month ago. Even though I was at fault, I did everything I had to do. Well, let me tell you this so call "insurance company" is the worst of the worst. If I could give them no stars, I would. My adjuster, Patricia **, never called to tell me that the estimator Kristin ** had seen my car and had an estimate. I found out by calling Fredy Kia that the appraisal was ready. I then on the appraisal report that the Ms. ** was planning on approving an aftermarket hood on my 2018 Toyota Camry. I was livid because my car is not old. I called Patricia voicing my concerned and she did not listen to my concern. She just kept talking that it was the company's policy.

I spoke to the supervisor, George, he told me that my car was "old," therefore, they could not give me the original hood. I proceeded to have my car fixed at another body shop that has no contract with American Access. Well, it's been about 2 weeks since I moved my car and my car is still not getting repaired because they have not been able to contact the Ms. ** for supplemental estimates. I had to call once again and speak to my adjuster regarding this whole ordeal. I would NEVER EVER recommend this insurance to anyone. RUNAWAY from this so call insurance. Very incompetent and unprofessional individuals who think they run this "company."

Original review: June 26, 2019

First advice for anyone reading the reviews of AACC - ignore any review which has more than 1 (one) star. Had an accident with person insured by this company. I'm in the month four of dealing with them. The accident was caused by driver insured by AACC - police report was made, clearly stating whose fault it was (not mine). Every time I call no one answer. I leave messages no one return any phone calls. I call and talk with the customer service. Tell them I want to talk with the manager. They said no. I am not allowed to talk to the manager. I have been calling the past four month leaving messages and they said I have to leave another one and if no one has call me back in 2 days, they can transfer me to the supervisor. When I call back in two days they said I have to wait another two day. That's what they have been doing to me.

One time the customer service transfer me to the adjuster. She said she has been trying to get ahold of the insured but she couldn't. I told her, "Can you try right now." She did and the insured answer the phone and instead she talked to him. She told me he was at work and she couldn't disturb him. Now I am stuck paying the bank and I have no car to drive. I don't know what to do?

American Access Casualty Company Information