Find a Car Insurance partner

3. Car Insurance

Oakbrook Terrace, IL

1.1/5 (196 ratings)
Find a Car Insurance partner

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

About American Access Casualty

American Access Casualty Company (AACC) sells nonstandard auto insurance policies to high-risk drivers. It accepts international driver’s licenses, employs bilingual agents and offers affordable and flexible payment options. American Access Casualty’s coverage is available in Illinois, Indiana, Nevada, Arizona and Texas, and the company is currently expanding.

Pros

• Bilingual agents
  • Flexible payment plans
  • Accepts international drivers

Cons

• No online quotes
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

AACC specializes in affordable auto insurance for high-risk drivers. It accepts international driver’s licenses and employs Spanish-speaking agents. The company isn't available in all states, but it's growing.

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

What is American Access Casualty Company?

AACC specializes in nonstandard auto insurance and services for Hispanic and international individuals and families. The company offers low-cost coverage with affordable premiums, low down payments and flexible payment options. It also insures drivers with international or no driver’s licenses. In some cases, AACC can provide same-day coverage. If you’re a high-risk driver having trouble finding auto insurance, you can contact AACC to discuss options.

The company’s coverage includes:

• Bodily injury liability
  • Property damage liability
  • Medical payments
  • Uninsured motorist
  • Comprehensive
  • Collision

All its policies are based on state required minimums. AACC also offers roadside assistance and rental car reimbursement, as well as SR-22 comprehensive coverage.

How does American Access Casualty work?

AACC agents are currently located in Illinois, Indiana, Nevada, Arizona and Texas, and the company is expanding, with licenses in nine other states. To find an agent, enter your ZIP code or home address on the website. Your agent helps find coverage specific to your needs, and you can manage your account and pay bills online. Call an agent or contact the company directly to file a claim. AACC offers its services, including web content, in English and Spanish.

American Access Casualty rates

AACC specializes in finding low rates, flexible payment plans and low down payments for high-risk drivers. Contact an agent to get a customized quote; as with most auto insurance providers, rates typically depend on your driving record, type of vehicle and location.

American Access Casualty FAQ

Where is American Access Casualty located?
AACC is located in Downers Grove, Illinois. Its agents operate in several states.
Who owns American Access Casualty?
New AA Holdings, LLC, owns American Access Casualty Company.
Where is American Access Casualty available?
AACC is available in Illinois, Indiana, Nevada, Arizona and Texas. The company holds licenses to operate in nine other states and is currently expanding.
Does American Access Casualty offer comprehensive car insurance plans?
AACC offers comprehensive car insurance policies. Its coverage options include liability and collision (typically required by the state), uninsured motorist, personal injury, rental car reimbursement and roadside assistance.

Is American Access Casualty worth it?

American Access Casualty offers affordable insurance to high-risk and international drivers. While its coverage isn’t available in all states, the company is currently expanding its services. If you’re a high-risk driver or have an international driver’s license, we recommend checking out AACC to see if it fits your auto coverage needs.

American Access Casualty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Access Casualty?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Access Casualty?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

Hit and run by its insured driver in mid July, 2021. Got the plate number and called 911 and filed a police report. Filed claim with AAC and moved slowly but smoothly. Today just got a call and promised to move forward. Just thankful that my car not badly damaged and the other party neither I guess, but probably around $500 or less repair for her to make it run.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

This insurance sucks!!! Don't get this insurance... RUN. I got in a car accident last week of June, called the insurance to make my claim etc.. They were answering pretty fast and being on point until one week later they stopped responding to my phone calls. After three weeks of my car being crashed they finally called back to see where I could take my car to fix, I chose the body shop near my house. They said okay perfect that they will call them to let them know.

Two days passed got in contact with the body shop but sadly they didn’t have any appointments till August 1st, when the day came around I took my car and at the body shop they said that they will send the insurance an email so that the insurance can send them a supplement, but they took a whole week to get back to the body shop, the workers told me that the insurance was taking forever to respond back as well. Ridiculous. They didn't even let barrow a rental car... THAT I HAD TO PAY IT MYSELF??? $100 PER DAY LOL. NO.

After my car being there for a week, I was carless for a month already. After the insurance sent the supplement to the body shop that's when they could start working on it so the workers told that it will take two weeks or less depending. It's now August 25th. My car was in the body shop for three weeks in a half!! And now the body shop gave me a car to let me know that the insurance is making me pay $156 extra.... plus the deductible of $500. Crazy that I'm paying the insurance and they can't even pay $156, it's not a lot but still. Horrible customer service, took days to respond, and also they gave me attitude this insurance sucks. The whole process took two months, I was carless for that long... I hate this insurance so much. DON'T GET THIS INSURANCE. IT WILL GIVE YOU PROBLEMS.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 1, 2021

I have called this company numerous times trying to get information on a car that was in an accident. Clearly the car was totaled as it's an 2006 Lexus IS with well over 200k, but without even sending an adjuster to see the vehicle American Access Casualty decided to write a check in the amount of $800.00 which is absurd. The body shop where the car was towed also expressed his concern for the lack of interest in handling the claim in a professional manner. The body shop owner called American Access Casualty to make a claim for a supplemental check. Only then did American Access Casualty assign an adjuster to go look at the vehicle in person and determined what we all already knew that the car is deemed a total loss.

Now I have called over and over to the adjuster just to get a voicemail. I leave a message. The message on his voicemail says he will return the call within 24 hours. Frank (adjuster) has never once returned my call since the car was inspected. The hold times are all day long with no other way to get in touch with the claims department either via email or fax to get a response from the claims department regarding the status of the claim. HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!

Original review: June 27, 2021

This is the Worst Kind of Company I ever dealt with it, This Kind of Company Should Never be in the Business or Kicked out of Business for their Worst Services. Never Pay their Claims, Never Called you Back, No Response. Never Take Responsibility. Their Adjuster are Extremely Rude and Stupid. Don't Recommend to anyone to do Business with them.

Original review: June 18, 2021

My jeep was door dinged in a Walmart parking lot. The person tried to run which I got her license plate. Called the police, made a report and the officer tracked her down and got her insurance information which was American Access Casualty. 6 weeks have went by which I have done everything I needed to do in order to get her insurance to give me a payout to fix my jeep. I was quoted over $900 from a body shop to fix the softball dent in my fender. Her insurance quoted me $700 less to fix.

I got notification today that they have made several attempts to contact their insurer, the woman that hit me and have had no luck so they will be closing the case and will not be able to produce funds to pay me for the accident their insurer caused. Pretty pathetic on this businesses part. What is the point of even having insurance if they can just do this. Hopefully someone will read this and decide to not use them for insurance and they will lose money like how they made me lose money having to repair my jeep out of my pocket.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I am now seeing the horrible reviews for this company are valid. My vehicle was hit by a driver insured by this company on November 17. The driver went straight In the turn on lane as I was in the turning lane to the right of him. He hit the side of my vehicle, smashed my door with is ne unable to be opened from the inside.. My daughter hit her head and shoulder as the vehicle slammed into my car. I sent photos in as requested the 1st day a week later. There is no communication from the claims adjuster, phone calls and messages to the claims adjuster are not returned, text message are replied from the claims adjuster "I will call you you shortly" with no call backs.

I contacted the company to schedule an appointment for appraisal which is an option on their automated system. Wait for 30 minutes to have someone pick up. Ask for my claim number and transfer me to the claims adjusters (Arlene **) voicemail. So I have had a damaged car for a week and incompetence. Had I filed with my insurance company I would've had my vehicle inspected the next business day, a rental vehicle and competent, courteous professionals who are available to do their job. Unfortunately I am now learning this company has a reputation for this. I want my vehicle repaired!

Original review: April 1, 2020

My vehicle 2017 Suburu (mostly driven by daughter Samantha) was parked on private parking lot by condo's apartment. Mr. ** operated a red pickup truck (insured by American Access) struck my parked vehicle. Initially, Mr. ** related he wants to pay for damage caused and asked to get estimate. After I got estimate ($1,600) Mr. ** related he doesn't have that much money and needs to file claim with his insurance. Mr. ** did indeed file claim and I was given claim # **. I contacted American Access adjuster (Daisy **) and provided all the information she asked for in relation to this claim.

Week later I receive a letter stating, "coverage cannot be extended for loss" "due to vehicle being used for business". I called several times and left messages to call back on voice mail but never received a call back. Finally, few days later I got a hold of adjuster (Daisy **) and asked to provide a proof of her decision to deny claim. She refused to provide any explanation to her denial and kept saying to refer to letter. (Couldn't provide no business name, no business type info, no business license) but she did denied claim due to vehicle used for business. Mr. ** pickup truck also did not have any business markings on. I truly believe this business engages in unethical conduct of selling policies to mostly poor people around Chicagoland but does not intend to pay for repairs as stated in policy. Worst customers service.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

On thanksgiving night headed home. I was at a stop waiting to cross the road. It was snowing pretty good. Two or three cars turned the corner without any problems. Out of the corner of my eye I see this car barreling around the corner and slams into my truck destroying driver's door and cab door. She of Latin decent gets out and says her wheels wouldn't turn. That's because she was going way too fast in the snow to turn a sharp corner. She gives me her insurance card and of coarse it's out dated. She admits to my adjuster she was too fast around the corner. Now I'm dealing with this adjuster from American Access and she's a real winner. I have one car. I tell her she or the company they need to rent me a car. "Oh no, no, no. You rent it and we will pay you back." WRONG. Jack your company is responsible for renting me a car. I don't have the funds. I'm busy as heck and need a car to go to work.

On top of that I go to an autobody shop. Tell them the quote to fix my truck and they that price is for used doors. No, no, no. I want new door. So this Company and its CEO are a crox of crap and have know business in the Insurance game whatsoever. Called an attorney and the Board of Insurance and filed a complaint. Haven't been in an accident in forty years. Should have listened to my adjuster and paid my deductible and would be way ahead of the game. Merry FFn Xmas to me. Stand by American Access. The Games have just begun. I promise

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

In July 26th my car was in a flood. I towed my 2014 Dodge Journey to dealership where they determined motor broke due to water damage. We are in Dec. And they keep declining my claim stating it's not water damage. Dealership stands its ground that it's water damage but insurance keep saying it's not. And here we are stuck with no vehicle. We filed a complaint with the Texas.gov tdi. Now waiting on a outcome.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

This jerk (who only spoke Spanish) backed into my car on 7/20/19, It occurred in the Jewel-Osco parking lot on Elmhurst Road in Des Plaines, IL. Would you believe this "accident" has still not been resolved? His agent (someone named Kari) insists I have to call her, because (he is giving a different version of what happened that I gave.) Does not surprise me at all! Just read the other reviews of people who have been forced to deal with this outfit! First, he hands me an outdated insurance card for this outfit. I wrote everything down for him--he did nothing but stand there talking in Spanish. I reported the accident to State Farm Corporate that evening after it happened.

It's now three (3) months later! His contact person (Kari) keeps contacting me after I completed a ridiculously-long questionnaire as to what exactly had happened during this accident. Now, she either calls my State Farm agent in Arlington Heights, IL--who tell me I have to call them! Or she has called my cell phone. I have done all of the work in this horrible mess. As far as I am concerned, there is nothing more to discuss. This jerk has obviously now changed his story. He is a liar. Not only lie about not reporting it, he did report it. What is he going to lie about next?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I was rear ended by one of their insureds while my car was sitting still on I35 on 9/3/2019. Sent photos from the scene the very next day, I was then told they had to speak to their driver before deciding liability. The next call I received was from an Appraiser on 9/9 asking where the vehicle was located. I had already emailed the adjuster the day after the accident of its location. I called her back yesterday to ask when it would be looked at so that repairs can begin and she advised for ME to call them. I left a message for the appraiser on 9/11, did not hear back from them so I called them back again and they advised someone else was assigned and would be looking at it.

When I called the new person their voicemail said they were out of the ofc from 9/9 - 9/16!!! I called the adjuster who advised that is the only person who can look at it!!! So now the car will sit until Monday the 16th!!! DO NOT USE this insurance co or adjuster as their lack of follow up and care about their job as adjusters is pathetic.

American Access Casualty Company Information