Call toll free*
Call toll free
1.00/5
Based on 31 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Oakbrook Terrace, IL

American Access Casualty sells non-standard auto insurance policies and accepts international drivers licenses. American Access Casualty isn't an InsuraMatch partner. Call InsuraMatch to find a verified partner and get multiple insurance quotes at one time. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch

170 American Access Casualty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 3, 2018

American Access Casualty Insurance - Horrible experience to repair my car and no proper updates after raising a claim. One of their insured person came and hit my car with fault at his side. I raised a claim on 16/Apr/2018 and till today I haven't received any updates from so called "Adjuster". This company providing insurance to non-licensed drivers and creating an issue to all legal or proper person's life. They should be immediately punished and throw them out of this business.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Got hit by a guy who had this insurance. Took it to the body shop they told me to. The claim rotted on the adjuster's desk about two weeks so they said they would pay all car rental charges. This was a relatively simple repair which took a month to complete. When I took car back to rental agency I got a claim ticket for reimbursement from AAC. I faxed the claim ticket to ACC 3 weeks ago. Surprise-no check yet. So now I am contacting Texas Dept. of Insurance to "put the dogs on 'em". Oh and the last time they answered their phone or called me back Jesus was in the 3rd grade!

Get expert buying tips about Auto Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I was rear-ended April 10, 2018. Called them to start a claim. Took my SUV to their "required" body shop (what a joke of an estimate process from them). It's been more than 2 weeks since the accident and the adjuster won't call me back. I've called daily for the past week. I'm done with them and now getting my insurance to handle it.

Original review: April 23, 2018

My husband's car was hit from behind. The policy holder who caused the accident is a customer of American Access Casualty Company. This insurance company did not even bother to take care of the claim. Their excuse was that they could not find or contact the policy holder. It is sad that we work hard for our things so someone else can come and ruin them. Then not be held responsible. It is sad that these type of insurance companies exist.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I had an accident. My fault and I had nonowners ins. I was driving my mother's car with her in the car because I was taking her to a minor emergency because she wasn't feeling well enough to drive. So the insurance denied the claim because it was my mother's car. Now this is the clause for their denial of coverage "p. “Non-owned automobile” means a private passenger farm, or utility automobile not owned by, or furnished for the “regular use” of “you”, a “family member” or “resident relative”, other than a “temporary substitute automobile”, while said automobile is in “your” possession or custody.

Now I contend that the sentence after "other than" should verify my claim. Temporary substitute. I was only driving her car because I couldn't drive her on my motorcycle. She is 75 yrs old. In any case they won't even consider that they might be wrong. Also they were rude and very short with me and now I have to come out of pocket for mother's car and the vehicle I hit. They are the sorriest company out there but I'M stuck till my policy runs out. Never ever go with a company until you research thoroughly. Thanks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Access Casualty?

Original review: April 17, 2018

I started a claim with AAC on 4/6/2018 after being backed into by one of their insured. I have not received a single update. I have called the adjuster several times and left messages. This has been a horrible experience.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I put my claim in 03/17/18 & they are not handling my claim properly. My phone calls & emails go unanswered. I constantly have to call over & over to get an update. I filled out my POA form & sent back on 03/29/18 & was just advised 04/03/18 that I had to refill it out again. Documents were supposed to have been sent to my lienholder on 03/29/18 & they never received them. Just found out 04/03/18 they supposedly sent to wrong email & advised they would be sent again yesterday but my lienholder has still yet to receive them. I'm a very unhappy unsatisfied customer with how this process is being handled for my claim. This is unacceptable.

Original review: April 2, 2018

My husband and I have been with them for two years, paying for full coverage insurance for two vehicles. Unfortunately we didn’t do our research and learned how horrible these people really are when I was in a car accident. I had to call them everyday for about a month trying to reach them before they finally told me my car was a loss and there was nothing they were going to do to compensate. To make a long story short, if you’re looking for car insurance, stay far away from these people. I wish I could give them 0 stars.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I got into an accident with one of their customers on Sept of 2017. They ran a red light and turned in front of me. I turned the wheel to avoid them and got on the median, which ruined the tire and forced me to turned back on the road, hitting my front right of the car on theirs. The damage is not significant and I could barely feel there was even contact, but sure was small indentation. She apologized because she was teaching someone to drive, and gave me her insurance card (I took pictures of it). I filed claim with American access and after a couple hours on the phone, more than once, I finally got someone who initiated the claim and asked me to submit pictures of the damage (which I did).

I received a call about a week later from the adjuster Jorge (george) ** asking to call him back to ask questions. I must have called 25 times, and every time it went straight to his voicemail, but he wouldn't return the call. On Nov 16 he called again during work hours, and of course I missed the call being at work. In his message he stated that the insured left him a message denying feeling guilty and that she said there was no contact between cars, but that he would contact her again to ask her for clarification. It is now March 21st 2018, and I have called the adjuster over 20 times asking for an update and I have not heard anything since the November call. I have contacted AA and they gave me the supervisor's name. I have called her and left messages 3 times with no response.

At this point, I don't know what to do other than keep calling and complaining, but considering the length of time, I would be surprise if they resolve the issue at all. They will likely just say they won't pay because their insured said it wasn't her fault. Even though, why would she give me her insurance card if she did not feel at fault?

Original review: March 19, 2018

They don't even deserve one star. They are the WORST. December 29, 2017 I was rear ending by one of their insured. The lady said that she was looking back and that she was sorry. She gave me all of her information and said that she would call them. After a week I call and was given a claim number. To make a long story short Today is March 19, 2018 and my car is being held at Parks because of a lack of payment from this company. And only God knows if they are going to reimburse me for the rental car. This had been one big nightmare. I'm planning on reporting them to the BBB and anywhere else I can. This company should pay up and close their forever.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I was rear ended in December, 2017 by one of their clients. It was their fault. They were more worried about their phone than traffic on a red left turn only lane. It's now almost mid March and no progress. The estimate they called for is not enough due to the fact Ed ** said it needs more repairs than what they estimated. The shop tried contacting them and no answer. They also refuse to contact Ed ** Collision Center, Anderson, IN. I call him and he is always away from his desk. I work bank hours so it's difficult to contact him. Been leaving voice messages. The last voice mail he state, "It is how it is". He claims he can't change what the estimate is. He is literally refusing to work with me and it's getting to the point I may have to file a lawsuit. I have my car back and no repairs done due to this company refusing to cooperate. You know a company is bad when you have your regulars at the store you work for cringe just by mentioning the company.

Original review: March 7, 2018

My vehicle was PARKED at work and the client of AMERICAN ACCESS CASUALTY COMPANY backed into it and damaged my 2016 Corvette Stingray on JANUARY 11, 2018! The unit was dropped off to be repaired on JANUARY 13, 2018, they did provide a rental car, the communication with the adjuster has been like trying to find OSAMA BIN LADEN awful, customer service and I should have known this when the client of the insurance company explained my insurance is LOW BUDGET, your better use of a words. The vehicle has now been repaired and sitting at the Chevrolet dealership and they will not release because they received one check but not the payment in full. WOW! I have called every day and suggest they trace the check to see where it is and still to no avail from the adjuster to ensure that I secure my collateral, this company is AWFUL and should be closed!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

We have a 2015 Mercedes E350 4matic we rarely drive and my wife took it out to go to a company meeting and a guy with AAC hit my wife after running a stop sign in a 2001 Tahoe. I had him call this company and admit fault right there. So he called them and they gave us a claim # and I thought we were good... Nope. The adjuster never called us nor did they return any of our calls to them. So for the past 3 weeks the adjuster voicemail has been full of messages and can no longer accept messages. So now I am forced to use my own insurance to deal with them because they refuse to cooperate. I am unsure how their company is still operating considering everyone who is hit by one of their policy holders never gets their claim settled. Something has to be done.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

One of the worst insurance company ever. My stepdaughter got in an accident in late August of 2017 and it is now February of 2018 and they still haven't settled up. You call them and they will never answer and if they return your call they don't have information you gave them on their answering machine... They do everything they can to duck responsibility in claims. They should be reported and taken out of business. Terrible company to have to deal with.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

This company never answered the phone. Was on hold over 45 minutes. No answer. They always say their insurer are not cooperating with the investigation. They always deny claims. They never pay. They never act in good faith. Worst insurance company ever. How do they stay in operation. They need a class action suit filed against them for bad faith in handling claims. Please look online for class action against AAC. Worst horrible insurance in the world!!!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

In Oct 2016 I was hit by their client. She had no DO and ran a stop sign. Both of my daughters were transported to the ER by ambulance. My insurance eventually settled with AA. However, one of my girls required ongoing therapy for her injury. Over a year and 3 months later they still haven't paid our doctor. Now they say they never received the form I sent by fax and regular mail. I have to somehow get In touch with an agent who never answers his phone or responds to messages and have the claim reopened.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I work for an attorney's office which is handling a property damage/bodily injury claim for a gentleman who was not at fault for the accident. Dealing with this insurance company has been incredibly difficult. It is nearly impossible to reach someone via telephone or email for that matter. I have made numerous phone calls and left messages to both the adjuster and her manager. The courtesy of a return phone call is non-existent. For a claim that should have been resolved within a matter of two weeks at best, it remains in limbo. The vehicle was appraised on 12/19/17 and today is 1/17/18. This is truly unbelievable. I don't see how this company remains in business.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I was in an accident (their fault not mine) with someone who is insured with this company on December 19, 2017. Someone from this company called me on December 21, 2017. After missing their call I called the guy back. His name was George, he never answered, called again later that day and still no answer so I left a voicemail with my claim number, name and phone number, next day I get no call back, so I call again... Long story short today is January 5, 2018 and “George” has not called me back or answer his phone when I call. This “insurance company” is a fraud. They basically help Hispanics that do not have licenses. Says so on the company website. I refuse to let this company get away with not fixing my car!! THIS IS THE WORST INSURANCE COMPANY I’VE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH!!!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I obtained insurance from your Crowel Agency, which was American Access Casualty Company, in 2015 under myself as the policyholder; however, following that some errors were made on Crowel's part. The first mistake was that the insured name was listed incorrectly as Jacob ** instead of Jacob **. Another error was the birthdate of Jacob. His date of birth is 6/15/85 but up until a couple weeks back you had his birthday as 11/20/85, which is my (Lauren **) birthday. Then, back in February you they had me to sign an exclusion form prohibiting my husband from driving my car even though he is my husband of five years. The agent I was working with said it was because I was the primary driver and he wouldn’t be driving my car full time and thus didn’t require it. I never understood this but put my trust into Crowel since their business is insurance.

On November 20th, I called to inquire about windshield insurance and to make sure my husband was indeed covered in addition to updating my credit card information. My conversation with that agent lasted approximately 14 minutes, of which I have verified with my call log. On December 2nd, Jacob was involved in an accident that still remains unclear as to whose fault it is. It took over a week and a half for someone to come out and review the damage to my car which was indeed totaled. It was only at this point that I discovered that Jacob was not put back on my insurance despite my November 20th request.

Then, I spoke with Stephanie ** from American Access in the claims department who inquired if my premium had gone up following my request. However, at that time I had yet to receive the bill notice and thus could not answer. She then told me that if it had not gone up, it would just be a matter of a back payment. To rectify the situation. She also said she would investigate that agent’s mistake and look into notes and/or phone call logs. After waiting patiently without any response, I contacted Crowel directly and spoke with Pam, the manager, to discuss all the errors that had taken place and to see if they had proof of updated information I had given them on November 20th. Pam said she had no record of any call or notes since they do not record calls and or take a simple note as to why a client would call.

This then prompted me to check my call log to see if I could prove a call was made, which it was. I then received a letter signed by Stephanie ** stating that an investigation was still taking place and that coverage may or may not be denied, decision pending. Since the letter stated to contact Stephanie directly with any questions, I called her to obtain more information. Disappointingly, I was spoken to extremely rudely and treated unprofessionally. Subsequently, I talked to another representative whose name is Norita from American Access‘s customer service. I told her how unhappy I was with Ms. ** attitude on the phone. She was kind and patient and told me she would get in contact with the underwriter to see if they could resolve this. I have yet to hear from her, but understand that the holidays are a busy time of year.

As of, 12/28/2017, the other insurance company involved in this claim (State Farm Ins) has yet to hear from anyone from my insurance company. Reading reviews on Google and Yelp, I see that other customers have also had issues with representative errors and alarming lack of proper documentation including call logs by Crowel Agency. In two days it will be a month from the accident and I am still waiting on calls and/or some type of letter stating what is the status of this situation. I am appalled on how a paying customer of 2 years is treated and how horrible I have been treated by both companies.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

One of their insured drivers crashed into me on Labor Day in September '17. It is now about to be 2018 and all they want to cover is my bumper but want to use cheap non-original parts and don't want to cover my medical expenses. They claim it has been too long apart, after they have been giving me a runaround for 3 months not trying to take any responsibility. DO YOUR BEST TO AVOID EVER DEALING WITH THEM, IF YOU DO HAVE TO THEN GET A LAWYER. I can't stress it enough. They don't like to answer the phones and take weeks to return calls. They also don't take any notes of conversations so record your calls with them. They are professional crooks. I hope you learn from my mistakes.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

It was very difficult to speak to someone. Hold time is tearful. I had to do a lot of legwork on my own to get my claim reviewed. Once I finally received help, the claims rep, who I never spoke to, and who never returned my calls, decided to take my claim check and disperse it the way she saw fit, to companies, instead of sending it to me. She saw I went around her to get help. The claims adjuster stole my settlement check. I never saw it, even though I was told it was to be sent to me. I have been so horrified at the actions of the claims adjuster, that I cry at the thought of dealing with such hate and evil on this earth.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

My husband and I were struck in a restaurant parking lot by a driver insured with this company. I called to submit a claim and initially got a real person on the phone who took my information and said I would be assigned an adjuster and be contacted in 24-48 hours. I would also be sent information in the mail. Neither of these has happened two weeks later. When I try to call ANY of the phone numbers for the company, it goes to the same recording and claims that "all representatives are assisting others, please stay on the line." They always have "longer than normal wait time due to the high volume of calls" regardless of what time of day you call. I've left messages time after time and no one calls me back. I have a job and cannot sit around trying to call these people all day long. This place is a scam.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I was involved in a car accident, I was struck in the back by one of their insured driver. I cannot get through to the adjuster assigned to my case, I have left several messages on her machine and her supervisor no response since October. This is the worst insurance I have ever dealt with.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I was rear ended very badly while I was on shoulder lane changing a flat when BAM someone asleep on the wheel rear-ended me. Car is totaled and no transportation as of yet. I have left numerous messages to adjuster with no response. I am still awaiting a rental as my legal representative tells me that they were waiting for their client’s statement. NOW I'm being told their insured didn't pay premiums on time and don't have responsibility. I smell a rat.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

My wife had an accident and the person that caused the accident has American Access Casualty for insurance. American Access Casualty would not pay for 2 months because "they" could not get in touch with their client to get his side of the story. He received tickets for no drivers license and failure to control speed (causing accident). I told American Access Casualty the car was paid off and had NO LIEN, however they took it upon themselves to make the check out to me and NMAC who was the former lien holder. It has been a NIGHTMARE trying to get them to understand the check should only be in my name. Also, they gave me a list of companies that would "repair" my car, but I had work done at the first one they recommended (MAACO) and their work was absolutely horrible.

Two companies, Caliber Collision and LMC, where I had work done on my daughter's cars would not work on the car unless I paid for it myself because the insurance company was American Access. They told me that American Access is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to work with and that wanted no part of them anymore... Pay them myself and keep the check. I am returning the check with a copy of the car title and the release of lien letter from NMAC hoping that someone there has enough common sense to figure out there is no lien on the car and will send me a check in my name.

Last, but not least, calling American Access is a real BIG PAIN IN THE ASS. All I ever got was recordings that told me it was after hours (it wasn't) or the person was away from their office, in a meeting or helping another customer. But, the "only" person I was able to connect with was in Customer Service (a term I am now using loosely) who transferred me to another person in claims, but I was disconnected in the process of being transferred. I should have known, huh.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I am very not impressed with the insurance company and note I understand a lot is going on in Houston because of the flood. But I have been trying to get my car close out and I got the claim letter nothing has been done. I got my credit union involved and they also been calling and calling. One time someone call us back the both of use the rest of the time voicemail. My car has been gone since 08-27-2017 and wanted get my things from my car and the place it was at told me there not sure we’re it's at. I think that this has cause me so much stress and blood pressure is not too good. All I want is this to be done and they say it’s in the process and also ask for more time and today is 10-13-2017. Nothing has been done no contact to my credit union... Very highly upset... I need someone higher than the people to see what is going on... How would you like to not know and be at where I am...

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

OMG... This is the insurance company from HELL!! I also filed a complaint with the TX Dept of Insurance... They did nothing... Told me I would have to take them to "small claims court" because TX Dept of Insurance does not recover any settlements owed... What?? So basically you are on your own dealing with these people... My attorney was disgusted with them as well. I was rear ended by one of aa policy holders. It's situation like this that make people go 'POSTAL'.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

My policy was due to Expire on the end of 7/2017 so I went into my agency and paid the reinstatement fee to continue with my auto insurance policy. I had no problem. Come the 29th of August I tried to call to make payment. Spoke to a Rep who put my on hold but winded up hanging up on me. Tried calling of which all the rep just disconnected calls or ask to put me on hold and hang up, so finally I tried to pay online of which told me to contact customer service of which I did.

Today 8/30/2017 spoke to a very rude and ** person who asked for my policy number and just straight out front told me, "we No longer do business with your agency so for that reason your insurance has been cancelled you need to go else where and purchase a new policy thru someone else???" I asked her, "what about my Reinstatement Fee I paid?" She said, "what about it? You were covered for 30 days," I said, "so if your employees knew off hand your company was no longer gonna do business with my agency then why wasn't I told before they took my money?" She said," I don't know I'm not them. I am me and I'm telling you that you No longer are covered thru American Access Casualty. Have a nice day." and hung up so now I'm gonna have to come out of pocket for another down payment to insure all 4 of my vehicles.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I was recently struck by a teen driver, driving alone on his learners permit that was insured by American Access Casualty Company. At first it did not seem bad. They sent an adjuster to my home as the vehicle was not drivable. They confirmed it was not safe to drive. After this there was not a word from them. I tried calling but with long waits on hold and no response when leaving a message with the agent.

3 weeks later I got a letter in the mail with some paperwork that needed filled out, however the paperwork was not included. Just the letter. So I call again. After an hour and a half wait I finally get a hold of the adjusted. She says she will email the paperwork. I then ask her what the update was from the adjuster. She says it looks like there is a total loss but there is a problem. I ask what the problem was and she keeps changing the subject and dancing around it until she finally says the individual driving was not insured under the coverage but it is still under investigation and can take up to 30 days. I then ask what am I going to do about a car. It has already been 3 weeks. She just keeps repeating to call my insurance and ask for advise to everything I say.

I hang up and call my insurance. They then proceeded to take over paying out for my totaled vehicle and told me they will deal with the other insurance company. Doing some research American Access Casualty web page says on the front page that they will insure internationals without a drivers license. I have read a ton of other review where this company has refused to pay out for similar reasons. So this company takes $ from people who are not insurable and does not pay when they hit someone. There has to be a law against this and needs to be investigated.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

On June 24th 2017 at 9:40am, my wife was stopped at a red light in Houston, Texas on N. Antoine. While waiting for a red light she was heavily rear ended by a car. My wife called me directly after the accident and informing me that the driver of the second vehicle did not appear to have a drivers license or real auto insurance because when she called the number of the insurance provided the call would just disconnect or no one would answer the phone.

I informed my wife that she should contact the Houston Police Department and have an officer come to the scene of the accident. When I arrived, which was approx 10 mins, the driver of the second car and a second person representing herself as the driver's mother who came to the scene by another separate vehicle wanted to pay for the damages to my wife's car at least three different times. They spoke in Spanish and to the best of our ability we informed them that we had no idea of how much the damages would be and that we had to called the police.

The police arrived within 10 mins and gave the driver of the second car two tickets. 1. No drivers license and; 2. Failure to control speed. The driver only appears to have a passport from a Central America country of which I do not remember and it is also not important. My wife subsequently received a subpoena to appear in court as a witness against the second driver. The second driver did not appear in court and a warrant was issued for her arrest on 8-22-2017.

Why did I state all of the above? 1. My wife was hit from behind while waiting at a legal City of Houston stop light. 2. The driver of the second car did not have a license to drive a car in the State of Texas or anywhere else in the United States. 3. The Houston Police Department issued the second driver two tickets as mentioned above. 4. As of 8-21-2017 the driver of the second car has a warrant for her arrest.

And yet the Auto Insurance of the car that hit my wife, American Access Insurance Company refuses to return my wife's multiple calls to have her car fixed. After no less than 25 calls to this firm, I went out on the internet and with little effort found multiple sites that depict horrible customer reviews of American Access Insurance Company, many with similar cases of being hit from behind by another driver which is nearly in all cases anywhere within the boundaries of the United States and other western countries, places the blame on the driver who hit a car in front of them.

How is it that we live in the United States of America and insurance companies like American Access are even allowed to sell insurance, take in the premiums and never pay out a claim? If in the future a driver with this insurance hits another car and really hurts someone; that persons family or loved one would bear the complete burden of all the medical bills and loss of wages because in my opinion American Access Insurance Company follows a business model of selling various types of insurance and never actually intending to pay out a claim; even claims like my wife’s case which is clear cut.

It has been two months since my wife was hit from behind and no one from American Access will return her call. It is now left to us to file a claim with our insurance company which has a $400 deductible and some level of burden on us for a rental car while my wife’s car is in the shop. This really is not the issue although it does make me mad.

I have lots of time on my hands so I have filed with the Texas Insurance Board to have American Access dropped from being able to sell insurance in the State of Texas. I have also filed with the United States Insurance Board to have them investigate American Access. I have also sent our story to ABC's 20/20; CBS's 60 Mins and other media news magazines in hopes that they will do a story on American Access and help get their license to sell insurance of any kind revoked everywhere in the United States. I also plan to sue the insurance company in Houston Texas in hopes that it will cost them much more in terms of legal fees and my claim than they would have paid if they had just settled the claim. American Access; you have just messed with the WRONG PERSON!!! I have lots and lots of free time and very much enjoy taking on scum bag outfits like your firm.

American Access Casualty Company Information