Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
1.07/5

Oakbrook Terrace, IL

American Access Casualty sells non-standard auto insurance policies and accepts international drivers licenses. American Access Casualty isn't an InsuraMatch partner. Call InsuraMatch to find a verified partner and get multiple insurance quotes at one time. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch

BOTTOM LINE

American Access Casualty Company (AACC) is an Illinois-based car insurance company offering non-standard coverage primarily to the Hispanic community. It operates in Illinois, Indiana, Nevada, Arizona and Texas with a license to expand to nine other states. It is ideal for high-risk drivers having a hard time getting car insurance.

PROS

• Roadside assistance
  • Rental reimbursement
  • Liability, collision and comprehensive coverages
  • Bilingual representatives
  • Coverage for international drivers and drivers who are unlicensed

CONS

• Some customers experienced a delay when contacting customer service
  • Claims processing times can vary

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

194 American Access Casualty Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

This morning I was hit by an insured driver of AAC. After reading these horrendous reviews I hope this is not my case. I filed my claim today and will give them the benefit of doubt. Will keep you all posted. So far the customer service rep was rude and laughed during her questionnaire while I was still shaken up by the 3 car accident I was involved in.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I was in a car accident about a month ago. Even though I was at fault, I did everything I had to do. Well, let me tell you this so call "insurance company" is the worst of the worst. If I could give them no stars, I would. My adjuster, Patricia **, never called to tell me that the estimator Kristin ** had seen my car and had an estimate. I found out by calling Fredy Kia that the appraisal was ready. I then on the appraisal report that the Ms. ** was planning on approving an aftermarket hood on my 2018 Toyota Camry. I was livid because my car is not old. I called Patricia voicing my concerned and she did not listen to my concern. She just kept talking that it was the company's policy.

I spoke to the supervisor, George, he told me that my car was "old," therefore, they could not give me the original hood. I proceeded to have my car fixed at another body shop that has no contract with American Access. Well, it's been about 2 weeks since I moved my car and my car is still not getting repaired because they have not been able to contact the Ms. ** for supplemental estimates. I had to call once again and speak to my adjuster regarding this whole ordeal. I would NEVER EVER recommend this insurance to anyone. RUNAWAY from this so call insurance. Very incompetent and unprofessional individuals who think they run this "company."

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 26, 2019

First advice for anyone reading the reviews of AACC - ignore any review which has more than 1 (one) star. Had an accident with person insured by this company. I'm in the month four of dealing with them. The accident was caused by driver insured by AACC - police report was made, clearly stating whose fault it was (not mine). Every time I call no one answer. I leave messages no one return any phone calls. I call and talk with the customer service. Tell them I want to talk with the manager. They said no. I am not allowed to talk to the manager. I have been calling the past four month leaving messages and they said I have to leave another one and if no one has call me back in 2 days, they can transfer me to the supervisor. When I call back in two days they said I have to wait another two day. That's what they have been doing to me.

One time the customer service transfer me to the adjuster. She said she has been trying to get ahold of the insured but she couldn't. I told her, "Can you try right now." She did and the insured answer the phone and instead she talked to him. She told me he was at work and she couldn't disturb him. Now I am stuck paying the bank and I have no car to drive. I don't know what to do?

Original review: June 5, 2019

First advice for anyone reading the reviews of AACC - ignore any review which has more than 1 (one) star. Had an accident with person insured by this company. I'm in the month three of dealing with them. The accident was caused by driver insured by AACC - police report was made, clearly stating whose fault it was (not mine).

The accident occurred on 5 April. After calling them many times, and writing useless e-mails - they finally sent an assessor on April 24. That day was the last day I could drive my damaged car, and it stayed at the mechanic. The assessor had found amazing array of reasons (without any logic) to avoid accepting the obvious damages to my car and to write up only the cosmetic ones. He has found some "old damage" at the bottom of my car - and didn't wanted to recommend fixing my fender which was bent in the accident, claiming that was due to unrelated old damage (didn't know it even existed).

The fact that my fender was perfectly fine before the accident did not matter. So, on 24 April he concluded his assessment and I was expecting that AACC will call in car rental company to reserve a rental for me. That did not happened. So - I rented on my own - at the insurance rate (tried to be fair). They are covering only 20 USD/day. And then the waiting game continued. Waiting for the approval by someone in AACC of the assessment. SO I have called and called and wrote e-mails few days apart - no response, no decision. What they did tried to do - is to make ME obtain a police report (pay the fee, go physically to police and send them over the report), and write up a claim. Finally, I have lost my patience and decided to seek legal support. Only then did they responded by approving the damage coverage but w/o fixing the fender and wheels alignment.

It was 15 May when the approval was communicated to me, and they booked the rental. I was instructed to return the car I've rented in Enterprise and go to Hertz and pick up the car there. By then - the rental has costed me 950 USD. It took another two weeks for check to reach me and I have finally got my car back on 28 May.

Then, the rental reimbursement battle begun. They don't want to cover all days I had rental - only those from the date they have reserved a rental. They don't acknowledge that their assessor inspected my disassembled car on 24 April and it took them 23 days to approve fixing of the damages. With them covering only 20 USD/day of rental, and not covering all the damages on my car, AND being very rude in communication and completely non-present to answer the calls and respond to e-mails - not it is a matter of principle. I have told them if they don't do a fair job - it will cost them three times more than it would otherwise. The lawsuit is about to include medical bills, uncovered rental, unreasonable delays in processing causing my own business to suffer.

All in all - I cannot believe that such insurance company is allowed to operate. But - it is a cheap insurance, marketed to low income population. And my advice to them is - stay away from them! While you may have a low rate - if the issue occurs, you will be in a very big problem. The other person involved in this accident had front right wheel broken. I can only imagine how little help will they have. I'd say - AACC are vultures and un-ethical non-professional group of scammers.

Original review: May 29, 2019

There is a person a person name is Daisy **. She is a adjuster that thinks that the people need to be waiting for her and is very rude and expects people people to be nice when she is rude. She needs to do her job efficient and fast. People pay for a service that is not free and because of the people that pay deserve more respect from this adjuster. Don't expect the people to be polite if you are not. This also is the supervisor the manages the this person or division. This person work at Downers Grove IL and should not work at any insurance company. Very poor people and ethic relations. Will not refer this company to nobody. This is a triple fff company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Access Casualty?

Original review: April 22, 2019

We own an auto paint and body shop in Texas and have recently repairs two vehicle that were paid for by American Access. In both cases, the appraiser was almost impossible to reach and took 7 to 14 to handle supplements and the adjuster did not pay the supplements until we repeatedly contacted them letting them know that all the repairs were complete and no vehicle would be released without payment. In our twenty years of doing business with insurance companies, American Access Casualty has the absolute worst to deal with even for our customers.

Original review: April 15, 2019

They are not going to pay for for claims put in. I own a 2018 Toyota Camry and they took the tires and rim. I did everything I was supposed to do but this insurance company didn't do anything but lie each time I call. It's been over a month and still have not received any kind of help. Good thing I could rent tires otherwise they would have towed my car waiting for them to honor the claim I filed. So don't waste your time with this company 'cause all they will do is lie to you. This company is affiliated with Amtex insurance so let me know if any one know a good lawyer.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I was rear-ended by their insured and they claimed I was 50% at fault. I took their insured to small claims and got a judgment because their insured told the judge she was 100% at fault for the accident. American Access flat out lied about the insured claiming I somehow helped cause the accident. They also said that their insured did not ask for defense for the claim I filed against her.

The judge asked her if she asked for her insurance company to be there and she said she did and no one showed up to defend her. So they refuse to pay on the claim at all because they say their client did not ask for their help. I cannot understand how insurance companies like this can still be allowed to keep their doors opened. I had nothing to do with this and am the one having to pay for my medical and I was out of work for a couple weeks and my car was totaled.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Do not get involved in a hit and run with a customer of this insurance! It doesn't matter if you have a police report. They don't care. Just because their customer claim "he wasn't involved". The company won't pay and take over a month to response or follow with you. The other person who hit me left me on the freeway unable to move and they denied the claim. This company has no customer service whatsoever.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I was involved in a motor vehicle accident in October 2018, less than 3 months after purchasing my 2018 Honda HRV. The right front of my HRV was heavily damaged. I have been passed around from one adjuster to another, I was shorted on what I should have received for the rental car I had to have, and now I have been battling trying to get my diminished value claim paid. Without the help of Iris ** in your litigation department, who I was familiar with due to the law firm I worked with represented your insureds, I would not have gotten anything handled. My overall experience with American Access has been horrendous. I want the remaining monies for my rental and my diminished value claim paid up before the end of February 2019. NO EXCEPTIONS.

American Access Casualty Company Information